Goon
Goon

Post Post #650 (ISO) » Sat Feb 14, 2015 4:16 am

Post by Drezi »

for pisskop bringing up soft
In post 637, Sakura Hana wrote:I don't see why any town would bring forth a
possible
soft-claim when such person hasn't died yet
It's scum's job to hunt for PRs, it's town's job to hunt for scum.
Unvote
Vote: pisskop

while

In post 523, SIR CYANIDE wrote: and together in such quick succession is softclaiming IC to me.

no mention of this and townread?

Also there was no mention of croboss in your reads before, can you share your thoughts now wrt that whole debate around him?
pisskop
pisskop
Survivor
pisskop
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #651 (ISO) » Sat Feb 14, 2015 4:18 am

Post by pisskop »

Meh. That wasn't bad.

In post 649, Sakura Hana wrote:Finding townslips is different because scum can't predict people's movements, town notices such things much more easily.

Townslips can be retractred; especially when they are qualified with uncertain words. i.e:
In post 86, House wrote:IRT second part: This could be a townslip.

All giving somebody a townslip is in early game is is the equivalent of a smile and handshake. It means little to say somebody is may be townslipping. The very nature of 'slipping' requires and implies faulty play.
. I make points to praise others for their 'towny' posts as scum, and I know others do as well. This idea that House is town because he said nice things to people is ludicrous.
House has, as explained earlier, a style that is purposely obfuscating; making simply reading him at face value silly.

In post 649, Sakura Hana wrote:I'm not gonna go into more depth about it, but you trying to point out possible soft claims instead of letting them go doesn't help town, helps scum instead. When someone has died and then people wonder the "why" they died is when town goes look for soft/hard-claims PR-slips, etc.

In post 631, House wrote:pisskop strikes me as itching to get a claim out of me to confirm what he may have perceived as a soft claim earlier.

. Disclaimer: House's play involves poor town choices and gambits. If he is going to use his implied 'soft claim' to push a scumread of me on the town then he is going to have to substantiate it further. I would as soon PL a townie who would fake soft claim to get a lynch than not.

Do you have more on Acryon? I don't disagree with your assessment of it.
Is your CD/Reminiscence read independent of Acryon or whatever read you have on me?
beeboy - Everyone thought this game was made to troll pie but it was really made to troll pisskop.
Almost50 pisskop: Overall, that's a townie slot. Don't ask for specifics because with PK everything can be interpreted either way. It's probably WHEN he says/does things that matter, so it's more of a matter of conception rather than solid reasoning.
pisskop
pisskop
Survivor
pisskop
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #652 (ISO) » Sat Feb 14, 2015 4:21 am

Post by pisskop »

Oh. Also, if you have experience with NJAC; what's your opinion thus far?
beeboy - Everyone thought this game was made to troll pie but it was really made to troll pisskop.
Almost50 pisskop: Overall, that's a townie slot. Don't ask for specifics because with PK everything can be interpreted either way. It's probably WHEN he says/does things that matter, so it's more of a matter of conception rather than solid reasoning.
Sakura Hana
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #653 (ISO) » Sat Feb 14, 2015 5:09 am

Post by Sakura Hana »

In post 650, Drezi wrote:for pisskop bringing up soft
In post 637, Sakura Hana wrote:I don't see why any town would bring forth a
possible
soft-claim when such person hasn't died yet
It's scum's job to hunt for PRs, it's town's job to hunt for scum.
Unvote
Vote: pisskop

while

In post 523, SIR CYANIDE wrote: and together in such quick succession is softclaiming IC to me.

no mention of this and townread?

Also there was no mention of croboss in your reads before, can you share your thoughts now wrt that whole debate around him?

I must have missed that through my readthrough and ISOing, i thought back then most of the discussion about setup spec was meh so i skimmed it.
Haven't checked croboss yet I've been half busy yesterday and will be busy today since i have some friends coming over, I promise i'll make one by tomorrow (real life) tho!
In post 651, pisskop wrote:Townslips can be retractred; especially when they are qualified with uncertain words. i.e:
In post 86, House wrote:IRT second part: This could be a townslip.

All giving somebody a townslip is in early game is is the equivalent of a smile and handshake. It means little to say somebody is may be townslipping. The very nature of 'slipping' requires and implies faulty play.
. I make points to praise others for their 'towny' posts as scum, and I know others do as well. This idea that House is town because he said nice things to people is ludicrous.
House has, as explained earlier, a style that is purposely obfuscating; making simply reading him at face value silly.

http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.ph ... 5#p5862595 Well here you can find a nice example of finding townslips (It also made me reverse my read on talah on that game).
Why am I even arguing with you about this is beyond me tho, this is just a single point out of all i mentioned about House, it feels like you're trying to strawman me just like acryon did to Dooku.
In post 651, pisskop wrote:Do you have more on Acryon? I don't disagree with your assessment of it.

Still looks scummy to me.
In post 651, pisskop wrote:Is your CD/Reminiscence read independent of Acryon or whatever read you have on me?

Yes, as it's too early to make associations, specially without any flips, so all of my reads are independent of each other.
I bloom in spring?
Please be nice to me.
Sakura Hana
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #654 (ISO) » Sat Feb 14, 2015 5:10 am

Post by Sakura Hana »

ftr tho, most of my reads from a readthrough are usually pretty weak, im better at forming reads from interaction rather than just simply reading the game that happened before i replaced in.
I bloom in spring?
Please be nice to me.
Lalendra
Lalendra
Mafia Scum
Lalendra
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #655 (ISO) » Sat Feb 14, 2015 5:29 am

Post by Lalendra »

In post 632, Reminiscence wrote:
In post 627, Lalendra wrote:@Reminiscence - What do you make of your predecessor's play? Why do you think he reacted the way he did? If it had been you, what would you have done/said differently?

I haven't read the whole thing but town.

I'm not sure what this means - are you saying his play was towny, or just claiming that the spot is town? I definitely can't agree with the first, and don't much agree with the second.
In post 632, Reminiscence wrote:I think i know the reason but I will refrain from explaining.

Is there anything you can say about it, without giving anything away? (Btw, the fact that you're refraining from explaining tells me that your slot is either PR or scum, and I am more inclined to believe the latter.)
In post 632, Reminiscence wrote:First of all I wouldn't have let people lynch me. I am kinda glad that he didn't threw the game and replaced out.

I mean in a perfect world, none of us would let ourselves get lynched. So you feel that he hasn't yet thrown the game for you/your slot? How do you plan to reverse people's reads on this slot as being scum?
Sakura Hana
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #656 (ISO) » Sat Feb 14, 2015 5:48 am

Post by Sakura Hana »

In post 655, Lalendra wrote:Btw, the fact that you're refraining from explaining tells me that your slot is either PR or scum

:facepalm:
... this game ....
I bloom in spring?
Please be nice to me.
Sakura Hana
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #657 (ISO) » Sat Feb 14, 2015 5:49 am

Post by Sakura Hana »

Seems like everyone in this game is just derp so i might be wrong about pisskop, so i'll go back to acryon!
Unvote
Vote: acryon
I bloom in spring?
Please be nice to me.
VictorDeAngelo
VictorDeAngelo
Mafia Scum
VictorDeAngelo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #658 (ISO) » Sat Feb 14, 2015 5:56 am

Post by VictorDeAngelo »

I can't be bothered to read lot's of replacements catching up so I'm just to skim read the last pages. If I miss a question or something, don't be offended.

In post 583, Reminiscence wrote:Hello hello!

I'll catch up and post something in my pace.
We still have 11 days.

Please don't take 11 days. If Rach could catchup/replace out then I would simply call for this Day to end already.

Hey Reminisce, why are voting Death for something that happened on page 1 at point in the Day? Do you really expect that after you read the remainder of the game to this point that post will be the scummiest thing you read?

Hey, Sakura, did you notice the wagon on Dooku, and the nonwagon on Acryon before ?
pisskop
pisskop
Survivor
pisskop
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #659 (ISO) » Sat Feb 14, 2015 6:08 am

Post by pisskop »

I could go back onto Acryon.

Acryon

I kinda gave up on that the moment I hit resistance :-\ . Shame on me.
pisskop
pisskop
Survivor
pisskop
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #660 (ISO) » Sat Feb 14, 2015 6:08 am

Post by pisskop »

vote: Acryon
Sakura Hana
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #661 (ISO) » Sat Feb 14, 2015 6:51 am

Post by Sakura Hana »

In post 658, VictorDeAngelo wrote:Hey, Sakura, did you notice the wagon on Dooku, and the nonwagon on Acryon before ?

Yes i did.
I bloom in spring?
Please be nice to me.
Sakura Hana
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #662 (ISO) » Sat Feb 14, 2015 6:52 am

Post by Sakura Hana »

Anyway, that (or rather this) will be the last post i will have time to make today, maybe i'll have time to post something tonight before i sleep, otherwise i'll be back tomorrow morning.
I bloom in spring?
Please be nice to me.
Nobody Special
Nobody Special
Survivor
Nobody Special
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #663 (ISO) » Sat Feb 14, 2015 7:09 am

Post by Nobody Special »

Votecount 1.13

Reminiscence - 5 - VictorDeAngelo, Lalendra, Riabi, House, Metalcyanide
acryon - 2 - Sakura Hana, pisskop
Metalcyanide - 2 - SIR CYANIDE, Drezi
Sakura Hana - 2 - NJAC, Reminiscence
SIR CYANIDE - 1 - acryon

Not Voting: RachMarie

With 13 alive, it takes 7 to lynch.

Deadline: (expired on 2015-02-24 12:47:44)

V/LA: acryon, through Monday February 16

Spoiler:

Hint: Not a cat
....what?

Blitz: Picking Simplicity taking pre-ins; PM for info. (0/13)
Lalendra
Lalendra
Mafia Scum
Lalendra
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #664 (ISO) » Sat Feb 14, 2015 7:18 am

Post by Lalendra »

In post 657, Sakura Hana wrote:Seems like everyone in this game is just derp so i might be wrong about pisskop, so i'll go back to acryon!
Unvote

Tell me why I'm derp then.
House
House
Survivor
House
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #665 (ISO) » Sat Feb 14, 2015 8:45 am

Post by House »

In post 651, pisskop wrote:

This is a prime example of scum saying nice things to town for a townread. I rather liked that he picked up on that from my playstyle, but it doesn't counter my scumread of him. I could see why some people could be swayed by it, though.

In post 651, pisskop wrote:
In post 649, Sakura Hana wrote:I'm not gonna go into more depth about it, but you trying to point out possible soft claims instead of letting them go doesn't help town, helps scum instead. When someone has died and then people wonder the "why" they died is when town goes look for soft/hard-claims PR-slips, etc.

In post 631, House wrote:pisskop strikes me as itching to get a claim out of me to confirm what he may have perceived as a soft claim earlier.

. Disclaimer: House's play involves poor town choices and gambits. If he is going to use his implied 'soft claim' to push a scumread of me on the town then he is going to have to substantiate it further. I would as soon PL a townie who would fake soft claim to get a lynch than not.

I love how he continues to ignore my wall case on him.
The apology that resulted in my indefinite ban:

https://tinyimg.io/i/ZX5Yjhw.png
Metalcyanide
Metalcyanide
Goon
Metalcyanide
Goon
Goon

Post Post #666 (ISO) » Sat Feb 14, 2015 8:52 am

Post by Metalcyanide »

In post 664, Lalendra wrote:
In post 657, Sakura Hana wrote:Seems like everyone in this game is just derp so i might be wrong about pisskop, so i'll go back to acryon!
Unvote

Tell me why I'm derp then.

Must resist sarcasm response
Nobody Special
Nobody Special
Survivor
Nobody Special
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #667 (ISO) » Sat Feb 14, 2015 8:53 am

Post by Nobody Special »

Riabi has been prodded.
....what?

Riabi
Riabi
Goon
Riabi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #668 (ISO) » Sat Feb 14, 2015 9:07 am

Post by Riabi »

Shit, sorry. Didn't realize it had been that long since I posted.

I gotta say, I'm kinda confused about what appears to be an attempt to get a wagon going on acryon. Can someone maybe help me understand why we would wagon him right now?
House
House
Survivor
House
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #669 (ISO) » Sat Feb 14, 2015 9:11 am

Post by House »

In post 668, Riabi wrote:Shit, sorry. Didn't realize it had been that long since I posted.

I gotta say, I'm kinda confused about what appears to be an attempt to get a wagon going on acryon. Can someone maybe help me understand why we would wagon him right now?

So, not even a claim of r/l interfering? Just an admission that you have basically been avoiding posting?

FoS Riabi
The apology that resulted in my indefinite ban:

https://tinyimg.io/i/ZX5Yjhw.png
Riabi
Riabi
Goon
Riabi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #670 (ISO) » Sat Feb 14, 2015 11:30 am

Post by Riabi »

In post 669, House wrote:
So, not even a claim of r/l interfering? Just an admission that you have basically been avoiding posting?

FoS Riabi

Not avoiding it. Just a matter of I was doing other things, and this site sort of just didn't cross my mind.
pisskop
pisskop
Survivor
pisskop
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #671 (ISO) » Sat Feb 14, 2015 11:41 am

Post by pisskop »

I may note be able to respond regularly or in-depth within the next day or two, what with the holiday and the snowstorm tonight.
NJAC
NJAC
He/His/Him
Mafia Scum
NJAC
He/His/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He/His/Him

Post Post #672 (ISO) » Sat Feb 14, 2015 12:17 pm

Post by NJAC »

V/LA until Monday night
Nobody Special
Nobody Special
Survivor
Nobody Special
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #673 (ISO) » Sat Feb 14, 2015 1:48 pm

Post by Nobody Special »

Searching for a replacement for RachMarie.
....what?

Nobody Special
Nobody Special
Survivor
Nobody Special
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #674 (ISO) » Sat Feb 14, 2015 6:03 pm

Post by Nobody Special »

Nachomamma8 replaces RachMarie effective immediately.
....what?

Return to “Completed Open Games”