Mini 1651: One Flew Over The Monkey's Nest(Scum Wins!)

RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #675 (ISO) » Tue Mar 10, 2015 6:53 pm

Post by RadiantCowbells »

You called the person who by word count is probably biggest in the thread a lurker.
You accused me of fakeclaiming for cop by declaring a person not in the game adorable.
And then there's
I see this as the best D1 lynch right now and the flip, either way, would provide us with the most information.

Hint: there's no information from my lynch.
Metalcyanide
Metalcyanide
Goon
Metalcyanide
Goon
Goon

Post Post #676 (ISO) » Tue Mar 10, 2015 7:03 pm

Post by Metalcyanide »

A)I didn't do a word count on everyone and if you look back a few posts I did make a mention of that.
B) We've covered this
C) I still feel like this is mostly true.

Hint: There is information from everyone's lynch.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #677 (ISO) » Tue Mar 10, 2015 8:29 pm

What's explicitly informative about my lynch over someone elses?
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #678 (ISO) » Tue Mar 10, 2015 8:38 pm

It's pretty clear that you say whatever serves you at the time.
Metalcyanide
Metalcyanide
Goon
Metalcyanide
Goon
Goon

Post Post #679 (ISO) » Tue Mar 10, 2015 8:43 pm

Post by Metalcyanide »

We literally already had this conversation.
Metalcyanide
Metalcyanide
Goon
Metalcyanide
Goon
Goon

Post Post #680 (ISO) » Tue Mar 10, 2015 8:48 pm

Post by Metalcyanide »

In post 678, RadiantCowbells wrote:It's pretty clear that you say whatever serves you at the time.

Yep, I like to type what I'm thinking.
Aquanim
Aquanim
Mafia Scum
Aquanim
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #681 (ISO) » Tue Mar 10, 2015 8:49 pm

Post by Aquanim »

All right then, Metal, I'll ask you. Why does a RadiantCowbells flip tell us more about the game than a flip on, say, Taly?
We shape ourselves, one game at a time.
Metalcyanide
Metalcyanide
Goon
Metalcyanide
Goon
Goon

Post Post #682 (ISO) » Tue Mar 10, 2015 8:58 pm

Post by Metalcyanide »

In a world where both RC and Taly are town we get very similar information. Who wanted them dead, who avoided them, who were the buddies etc etc.
Elyse's last comment has a very convincing argument for Taly scum, pointed out slips on Taly's part I hadn't seen. So in the world where they are both scum I see getting more info from Taly because of slips. I think RC is scum but definitely isn't playing a bad game. Hell my interactions with RC made me go from Town read to scum read, in some eyes, in about 3 pages lol
Aquanim
Aquanim
Mafia Scum
Aquanim
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #683 (ISO) » Tue Mar 10, 2015 9:18 pm

Post by Aquanim »

In post 682, Metalcyanide wrote:...
I think RC is scum but definitely isn't playing a bad game. Hell my interactions with RC made me go from Town read to scum read, in some eyes, in about 3 pages lol

So you're saying that you think RadiantCowbells intended in some way to get you scumread by other players? How was that done?
Metalcyanide
Metalcyanide
Goon
Metalcyanide
Goon
Goon

Post Post #684 (ISO) » Tue Mar 10, 2015 9:25 pm

Post by Metalcyanide »

Oh that's easy I suck at one on one arguments. I don't know if RC intended to do it
TheDudeAbides
TheDudeAbides
Goon
TheDudeAbides
Goon
Goon

Post Post #685 (ISO) » Tue Mar 10, 2015 10:43 pm

Post by TheDudeAbides »

In post 587, Taly wrote:Then I could have saved Odd from death..

Why would you have done this?

In post 587, Taly wrote:IF he took me up on my prompt, and shot me
1) That would give people incentive to question and get him to answer and give info.
2) That would give everyone incentive to policy lynch him(Especially if he shot me and it showed I was town right there in my death)
3) He would no longer have the ability to shoot anyone else, so he wouldn't be able to be prompted to shoot anyone else again.
4) It would have brought the idea that he was a mafia day-shooter, to be more likely.

IF he DIDN'T shoot me
1) It proves he is most likely being truthful about his responses.
2) It also proves that he IS in fact a Town PR.
3) It also keeps me alive and able to have this lovely conversation we are having together, tool. <3
4) He exposes himself with vulnerability by not shooting and responding simultaneously, which seems like a genuine town trait.

this is nuts.

In post 589, Metalcyanide wrote:So The Dude and Taly have both dared people to go after them, can't say I've seen 2 people in the same game do that before.

where did I dare someone to go after me?

In post 608, toolenduso wrote:@TDA, specifically: In #552, did you mean "lists" instead of "rests"?

yes

In post 608, toolenduso wrote:Shallow townread on Boon for acting the way I remember him acting when he replaced into a town slot in the puppy-themed newbie I modded.

Have you seen him as scum?

In post 615, RadiantCowbells wrote:I literally can't bridge the gaps in reasoning that led to his recent actions, so I'm going to go with scum for now.

What has he done?

In post 621, RadiantCowbells wrote:Not game related content.

That was my impression.

In post 624, mykonian wrote:Also, from experience, even considering a mafia dayvig is insane. You could stretch it to an SK but in a mini that's even seriously awkward.

Mafia day-vig is probably more common than day sk?
In a mini-normal, either would use the one unique role rule to get in, I guess? I don't really care to check now.

In post 627, mykonian wrote:So you have to get into bends to connect "new player" to survivalism. Is omgusing elyse and me also just taly being new and panicking and trying to stay alive? Have you seen the amount of words he spends in effect about talking about things that concern himself?

Is it perhaps that he's scum, who don't want to die, who's primary focus is not other people, it's themselves.

It's just that everything you're describing is exactly what expect to see from new-town that's trying.
- Scum are trying to lynch me.
- Maybe there's a mafia vig.
- I'm trying to be open.

I'm not thinking of it as survivalism, but more as a desire to not be kicked out of the game.

In post 657, Taly wrote:I wouldn't call myself as panicky

I wouldn't expect you to.
". . . for reasons that nobody really understands at the time—and which never explain, in retrospect, what actually happened."
-Thompson.
TheDudeAbides
TheDudeAbides
Goon
TheDudeAbides
Goon
Goon

Post Post #686 (ISO) » Tue Mar 10, 2015 11:07 pm

Post by TheDudeAbides »

Hey Metal, I read your ISO trying to figure out where you explained that RC was a better information lynch than everyone else. I couldn't find it. Indulge me and explain.

Also,

In post 109, Metalcyanide wrote:What makes him my hard scum read is that he pushed on such a weak read and attempted to put me L-1 so early. When I looked at the votes I thought he was going for a reaction test so I didn't call him on it but after he admitted to it not being any type of test I considered it a scum move.

What do you think was the scum motivation here?

In post 282, Metalcyanide wrote:RC makes me nervous, I don't really like the push on Odd then the switch over to Aqua. I see this as the best D1 lynch right now and the flip, either way, would provide us with the most information.

What is the more information? Even early on you were going on about this.

In post 357, Metalcyanide wrote:Taly has a lot of UtE

UtE is AtE?

In post 563, Metalcyanide wrote:
In post 562, toolenduso wrote:Hang on a second here -- RC, you weren't being serious about that claim were you? Because I read it as just being a bit of silliness, but then metal comes in here acting like it's a real claim and you don't refute him.

I don't know people's real names so I assumed it was a real claim but I didn't know who RC checked (all under the assumption this was real). I take all claims seriously, so if RC wants to continue to screw around 1 week in to this game, I see no reason to keep him alive

VOTE: RadiantCowbells

You've looked like scum to me this whole game and that fake claim seals it for me.

So it's a policy lynch, a scum lynch and an information lynch?

The claim thing was pretty clearly a joke. The information you've never justified.

In post 606, Metalcyanide wrote:I don't have you on my radar as scum

What changed? He was in your top 4.
". . . for reasons that nobody really understands at the time—and which never explain, in retrospect, what actually happened."
-Thompson.
toolenduso
toolenduso
Mafia Scum
toolenduso
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #687 (ISO) » Wed Mar 11, 2015 4:45 am

Post by toolenduso »

Sorry I haven't been doing much lately. I should be able to catch up and post today.
"Half of the game is figuring out who the scum is. The other half is convincing everyone else that you're right." -- PlaysWithSquirrels, in Newbie 437
InsidiousLemons
InsidiousLemons
Mafia Scum
InsidiousLemons
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #688 (ISO) » Wed Mar 11, 2015 8:41 am

Post by InsidiousLemons »

Oh shit. I'm in the hospital, even I'm not quite sure what happened. I'll update and try to post when I'm discharged, which will likely be Friday; I'm extremely sorry. This is almost exactly what happened in the last game I started.
@Mod V/LA until Friday.
Elyse
Elyse
Jack of All Trades
Elyse
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #689 (ISO) » Wed Mar 11, 2015 9:40 am

Post by Elyse »

I know how you feel.

@TDA
What is your read on Aquanim?
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #690 (ISO) » Wed Mar 11, 2015 9:55 am

What has he done?

Is this a serious question?
MonkeyMan576
MonkeyMan576
Jack of All Trades
MonkeyMan576
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #691 (ISO) » Wed Mar 11, 2015 10:43 am

Post by MonkeyMan576 »

In post 672, RadiantCowbells wrote:In fact please delete the last two posts.

Mod Ruling: No rule was broken, so no posts will be deleted. Just don't talk about specific ongoing games in the future.
Taly
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him, she/her

Post Post #692 (ISO) » Wed Mar 11, 2015 11:28 am

Post by Taly »

In post 670, RadiantCowbells wrote:So like, on the best case scenario, metalcyanide is a town who is barely reading the thread and would merit a policy.

Given the scum credentials mentioned above I don't see why this hasn't happened already.

@Elyse sometimes town PRs get pissed when they get suspected and become uncooperative. I've done it before.

Emotional intelligence 101, RC gets a cupcake. I'm wasting my damn time trying to reply to those who are just going to give the same kind of rebuttal despite what I say or do.

However, there are 2 things I want to mention about Elyses posts.

1) There is a Scum Role-Blocker? :eek: I thought if Town RB couldn't use abilities until night-phase.... What could scum RB do? O_o

2)
If being a martyr is what helps everyone seen that I'm truly making an effort to help the town, and validate everything people have discredited from me
- then yes, I will be a martyr.
Like COME ON - DO I LOOK LIKE I AM IN ANY BETTER POSITION THAN YOU PEOPLE?

@TDA
Yeah, my scumhunting right now may seem very crazy and not so calculated in this sense it was before - I'm just making my thoughts about everything known before I am mislynched. - It is to help the town in the long run... hopefully.

I mean, I think people are ignoring some helpful things Aqua is point out:
Scum is in a very good position right now, even if I was scum.
Spoiler: ...
Which I'm NOT.

Like, people are still pushing for lynches over things created at the beginning of D1, in general - not many of us are bringing our fellow players together to see much other than "who should be lynched."

I think scum right now are people who are pushing to lynch opportunistically, and the people who aren't even saying anything.

Though, I do see why people think they'd get more info from my lynch. It'd definitely confirm a lot. However, I'm still not sacrificing myself because I am quite certain in some of my views in this game... and plus, sacrificing myself is what scum wants. Because they know Town will those a PR with my mislynch.

Also IL, hope you get better! :O
Aquanim
Aquanim
Mafia Scum
Aquanim
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #693 (ISO) » Wed Mar 11, 2015 12:02 pm

Post by Aquanim »

I'm going to have to reassess Taly again and decide whether his current attitude to the game makes sense based on what's come before. That will, however, take a while.

For now:
UNVOTE: Boonskiies
VOTE: Metalcyanide

Read his ISO, didn't see anything towny enough to outweigh his misrepresntation of Elyse's activity and the informational value of a RC lynch. He's been scumreading IL and RC all game and I don't see much of anything to indicate that his reads are shifting with new data. I'm obviously not going to get a Boonskiies quasi-policy lynch today; eektor's still on the table for me but Metal will do.
Elyse
Elyse
Jack of All Trades
Elyse
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #694 (ISO) » Wed Mar 11, 2015 12:11 pm

Post by Elyse »

A scum RBer can stop town PRs. Scum RBers are in fact more common than town RBers since most mods favor jailkeepers. I mean let's say you genuinely didn't know that...is it that hard to decipher? I feel like you're asking easy questions to make yourself look like newbtown when thinking about it for like a second will give you an answer.

I'm fine with dropping our walls because I think they speak for themselves. However, I do want you to address your claim that I provoked the kill on oddmusic and the scum motivation in posting my scumread of him after he was shot.
Elyse
Elyse
Jack of All Trades
Elyse
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #695 (ISO) » Wed Mar 11, 2015 12:14 pm

Post by Elyse »

Also
In post 692, Taly wrote:
2)
If being a martyr is what helps everyone seen that I'm truly making an effort to help the town, and validate everything people have discredited from me
- then yes, I will be a martyr.
Like COME ON - DO I LOOK LIKE I AM IN ANY BETTER POSITION THAN YOU PEOPLE?

In post 692, Taly wrote:
However, I'm still not sacrificing myself because I am quite certain in some of my views in this game... and plus, sacrificing myself is what scum wants. Because they know Town will those a PR with my mislynch.

Also IL, hope you get better! :O

Lol
toolenduso
toolenduso
Mafia Scum
toolenduso
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #696 (ISO) » Wed Mar 11, 2015 2:22 pm

Post by toolenduso »

In post 643, Metalcyanide wrote:So Eektor, Pisskop, Boonskiies & Toolenduso with just left a week left to go. Who do each of you feel like you will end up voting for? Also, why?

I'm looking at you and Taly. Taly for reasons I've already listed, and you mostly for the more recent stuff (the day cop thing, the next post I'm going to quote, a couple other things.) I actually need to set my notes from your ISO and my notes from Taly's ISO side by side and compare because I feel pretty suspicious of both.

In post 645, Metalcyanide wrote:Anyways, I'm looking for an RC lynch. If I have to vote Taly to avoide a no lynch I will but I'm not entirely convinced that it's the best D1 lynch.

This looks very opportunistic to me.

In post 685, TheDudeAbides wrote:
In post 608, toolenduso wrote:Shallow townread on Boon for acting the way I remember him acting when he replaced into a town slot in the puppy-themed newbie I modded.

Have you seen him as scum?

I don't think so. That's why it's a shallow read. I'd like to see more from him so I can get a better one.

In post 685, TheDudeAbides wrote:Mafia day-vig is probably more common than day sk?

I don't suppose anybody here can give an example of a mafia dayvig in a normal? Because I'm not really willing to entertain this idea unless I see that.
"Half of the game is figuring out who the scum is. The other half is convincing everyone else that you're right." -- PlaysWithSquirrels, in Newbie 437
toolenduso
toolenduso
Mafia Scum
toolenduso
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #697 (ISO) » Wed Mar 11, 2015 2:25 pm

Post by toolenduso »

In post 685, TheDudeAbides wrote:
In post 608, toolenduso wrote:@TDA, specifically: In #552, did you mean "lists" instead of "rests"?

yes

Then I'm confused. Because in that post you said:

In post 552, TheDudeAbides wrote:I mean it's not too hard to keep things people are saying straight that compiling rests is necessary.

But earlier in the game you said:

In post 421, TheDudeAbides wrote:I think coming under pressure and giving out a reads list comes from a townie part of the brain.

Care to explain?
toolenduso
toolenduso
Mafia Scum
toolenduso
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #698 (ISO) » Wed Mar 11, 2015 2:30 pm

Post by toolenduso »

In post 615, RadiantCowbells wrote:
In #494, you acknowledge pisskop's dayvig shot but seem fine with it, then in #508 (after the flip), you're pissed that he didn't get a claim first. Can you tell me why you weren't concerned about that in #494?
I assumed it was a joke. I've never actually seen a real dayvig before, but I've seen tons of fake ones.

I can buy that.

In post 611, Metalcyanide wrote:
In post 608, toolenduso wrote:
@Metal:
Why did you assume that Boon's real name is Annie?
Post "I'm actually really unhappy about Boon replacing in on a townread because if he's scum the chances are he'll never end up as a strong scumread." I assumed he was going back to this.

In post 613, Metalcyanide wrote:I didn't know who Annie was, you were the last town read. I made an assumption, sorry. lol

This still makes no sense to me. I don't see how either of those things leads somebody to think that RC was talking about Boon.
Metalcyanide
Metalcyanide
Goon
Metalcyanide
Goon
Goon

Post Post #699 (ISO) » Wed Mar 11, 2015 2:35 pm

Post by Metalcyanide »

I'
v
e been swamped all day at work I'll be on la
t