Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #425 (ISO) » Sat Mar 14, 2015 1:15 pm

Post by Thor665 »

In post 410, copper223 wrote:My townread of him is based on his posting during the flash wagon, another part of the read you are now ignoring, and supported by what my meta read of him tells me of him as a player.

I'm ruddy questioning it *because* I don't understand it.
Repeating over and over that I "don't understand it" while true, hardly actually serves any purpose.

Let's go back to the original statement and stop derping around with the "mirror" thing that you ruddy included as your word of choice and then basically left me confused as to what you meant by it.

In post 147, copper223 wrote:So for all of you, Choof was most likely town, he did not get what was going on with the flash train on Varsoon and Thor asking him why he was townreading a guy that hadn't posted yet, so he thought we were making a joke at his expense and mr. unpleasant here in the form Gorkinton confirmed it for him,
plus I've seen his early town posting in a newbie and it's the same jokey/scummy but not really mix

In post 330, copper223 wrote:@Thor
The playstile he has used in his town games, grab attention and bait votes, is pretty dangerous as scum and he doesn't seem like the kind to try and mirror himself out of meta awareness, so the fact he was starting to behave in the same way here is what supports the townread.

By these two comments, what I get is that you believe the following;

1. That he has a risky town playstyle.
2. That he isn't good enough/sensible enough/risky enough to copy his town playstyle when playing as scum.
3. That he was town here, due to this.

I am asking you (and am now asking again) WHY THE HELL YOU BELIEVE #2.
If I have #2 wrong - feel free to clarify what you actually meant.
But I am pretty sure I grok your meaning that far, and also am pretty sure that this conclusion popped out of ruddy nowhere - prove me wrong.

In post 423, elusive wrote:I already know by powers of meta that Choof was most likely not scum. I already stated that Copper was right in his "read" of Choof which shows he did research and gives him +10 townie points. You on the other hand seem to be 1) not reading my statements closely and\or 2) having trouble comprehending the statements I already made regarding this entire situation. Try not jumping off the Cliff of Blah Blah Did Not Read Carefully and Is Therefore Wasting My Time.

I was simply asking what you felt about Copper figuring out Choof's scum play by reading one game of his wherein Choof was town.
I wouldn't be able to do that - why do you think Copper could and did?
Could you do the same for other people?

In post 423, elusive wrote:As for cop claims, that's jumping the gun a bit and also not related in any way since there are no cop claims on the table nor can they be at this stage in time? If there were a cop claim I would obviously view it quite differently?

Which was my point - but sure.

In post 423, elusive wrote:However, rather then question a new player who is obviously in RVS stage - as you chose to do - I would scum hunt the people joining the flashwagon or those who didn't seem to be RVSing. I like independent thought more then sheep thought.

All you're saying here is you would question sheepers over wolves, whilst stating awareness that I did the other one.
I am fine with independent thought - but, by dint of being independent, it obligates more assessment to understand it. Again, you're basicallly asking me why I was questioning someone's motives.
I repeat "I was scumhunting".
I am still not sure about the angle of approach here if your actual point was "people who ding at Newbies are scummier" if that was the point I already committed the theory scumtell - why not proceed from there. Regardless of my motives (real or faked) I did your scumtell - yeah?

In post 423, elusive wrote:So I'm questioning your mindset at that stage in the game where you chose to focus on a newbie player rather then some of the apparent heavyweights.

Which "heavyweights" did I avoid?
copper223
copper223
Jack of All Trades
copper223
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #426 (ISO) » Sat Mar 14, 2015 1:20 pm

Post by copper223 »

In post 425, Thor665 wrote:By these two comments, what I get is that you believe the following;

1. That he has a risky town playstyle.
2. That he isn't good enough/sensible enough/risky enough to copy his town playstyle when playing as scum.
3. That he was town here, due to this.

I am asking you (and am now asking again) WHY THE HELL YOU BELIEVE #2.
If I have #2 wrong - feel free to clarify what you actually meant.
But I am pretty sure I grok your meaning that far, and also am pretty sure that this conclusion popped out of ruddy nowhere - prove me wrong.

Where do you expect me to get that conclusion, it's a judgment call I am making after seeing how he plays.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #427 (ISO) » Sat Mar 14, 2015 1:22 pm

Post by Thor665 »

That's exactly what I'm asking - how did you make the "judgement call"?
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #428 (ISO) » Sat Mar 14, 2015 1:22 pm

Post by Thor665 »

Theoretically you spotted a call to make, and applied some sort of judgement to it - describe that process.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #429 (ISO) » Sat Mar 14, 2015 1:23 pm

Post by Thor665 »

"Rectally extracted" is an acceptable answer.
elusive
elusive
Mafia Scum
elusive
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #430 (ISO) » Sat Mar 14, 2015 1:24 pm

Post by elusive »

Thor,

Yes, I do sometimes read a player's games and meta them based on it. See the newbie game Choof was in, with the help of super smart town + meta we were able to have a town victory so in many cases meta does make the difference. Most people think they can fake their town\scum meta interchangeably but they can't. Sometimes it's not tangible different but the vibe is different.

I think that if Copper assumed that choof was a newbie with only one game he might make the conclusion that it would be difficult for him to change his meta drastically.

"Heavyweights" - anyone not a newbie. Like anyone who flashwagoned Varsoon before he fake claimed a really stupid fake claim lol.

Scum hunt to your hearts content, I have no issues with that. I do not see why you seem focused on Choof and then by correlation Copper. Usually I differentiate real scum hunting vs. scum hunting to look busy and dwell inconsequentially over minutiae.

What do I now though, I only have one completed game on me.
elusive
elusive
Mafia Scum
elusive
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #431 (ISO) » Sat Mar 14, 2015 1:28 pm

Post by elusive »

See the questions I would ask Copper are:
1. When did you choose to look over choof's game?
2. Do you usually look over players' games?
3. What's your favorite color?
4. Did you or did you not share a scum QT with Choof?
5. Do you believe white lies are okay in a relationship, yes or no?
copper223
copper223
Jack of All Trades
copper223
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #432 (ISO) » Sat Mar 14, 2015 1:29 pm

Post by copper223 »

In post 428, Thor665 wrote:Theoretically you spotted a call to make, and applied some sort of judgement to it - describe that process.

The process is the same for every read I make, I try to profile a player based on what he is showing, does he play to win or to have fun, is he calculating or impulsive, does he get lynched often, how good is his knowledge of theory... and then I decide if the mindset he is showing is more likely to be his town mindset or his scum mindset.
copper223
copper223
Jack of All Trades
copper223
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #433 (ISO) » Sat Mar 14, 2015 1:31 pm

Post by copper223 »

In post 431, elusive wrote:1. When did you choose to look over choof's game? When he first reacted negatively to the flash wagon.
2. Do you usually look over players' games? If I think it's relevant.
3. What's your favorite color? Blue.
4. Did you or did you not share a scum QT with Choof? No.
5. Do you believe white lies are okay in a relationship, yes or no? Yes
Formerfish
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Busboy Revolutionary

Post Post #434 (ISO) » Sat Mar 14, 2015 1:44 pm

Post by Formerfish »

Here but not catching up yet, will have time in the next day or so.

What should I know going in?
Antihero
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
al;kdjfal;kj

Post Post #435 (ISO) » Sat Mar 14, 2015 1:46 pm

Post by Antihero »

/gasp

i'm a heavyweight...?

/lump in my throat
The distance between insanity and genius is measured only by success.
Antihero
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
al;kdjfal;kj

Post Post #436 (ISO) » Sat Mar 14, 2015 2:24 pm

Post by Antihero »

In post 365, Antihero wrote:i think i want to vote pisskop now

VOTE: pisskop

[expanding on this quickly now that i have a sec]

so my main thing here is that the vote doesn't REALLY track that well with expressed attitude. prime example of what i'm talking about: varsoon. getting off the wagon at MIGHT make sense if he's thinking "don't want a lynch yet" but there's no evidence of this mindset anywhere in the surrounding posts. i'm definitely left w/ the impression pisskop is scum reading varsoon at that point, too. across his posting, he accuses varsoon of active lurking/fluff posting and doesn't buy the hated claim . the vote on zzzx is really bleh, not on a great person, and not well utilized especially if you're someone scum reading varsoon. it would all be understandable if he was trying to develop GOOD reads elsewhere but he's not. the ones that are there are really anemic and kind of crappy and the rest of the ISO is really just treading water. there's a smattering of lip service about "discussion" (that's always great isn't it) but the actual output is really disappointing. scum reads on zzzx and sw's slot and the vote goes on the weakest link. these reads are just kind of spinning and not going anywhere.

tldr: he's doing exactly what i would expect scum to do w/ the hated claim: nothing, just kind of sit there.
pisskop
pisskop
Survivor
pisskop
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #437 (ISO) » Sat Mar 14, 2015 2:52 pm

Post by pisskop »

So you don't have a case. Good to know.
beeboy - Everyone thought this game was made to troll pie but it was really made to troll pisskop.
Almost50 pisskop: Overall, that's a townie slot. Don't ask for specifics because with PK everything can be interpreted either way. It's probably WHEN he says/does things that matter, so it's more of a matter of conception rather than solid reasoning.
pisskop
pisskop
Survivor
pisskop
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #438 (ISO) » Sat Mar 14, 2015 2:55 pm

Post by pisskop »

Ive seen less reaching in Romero's zombie flocks
beeboy - Everyone thought this game was made to troll pie but it was really made to troll pisskop.
Almost50 pisskop: Overall, that's a townie slot. Don't ask for specifics because with PK everything can be interpreted either way. It's probably WHEN he says/does things that matter, so it's more of a matter of conception rather than solid reasoning.
Seohyun
Seohyun
Goon
Seohyun
Goon
Goon

Post Post #439 (ISO) » Sat Mar 14, 2015 4:01 pm

Post by Seohyun »

you guys are definitely chatterboxes

In post 202, elusive wrote:
1. What is your bestest scum hunting strategy and why?
2. What is your "town song" like the song you listen to as town and are ready for battle against unseen enemies?
3. What is your "Scum song" when you're like twirling your evil mustache or clickety clacking your badly painted Red nails?
4. What should newish players know about this setup and what advice would you give them?
5. Strawberry, blueberry or cherry?

:)

I like answering questions, so I will answer these
1. accuse everyone of being scum, because it usually works sometimes
2. sonic - city escape
3. sonic - city escape
4. don't talk about dogs
5. strawberries cus it's strawberry season for the donut shop near me

In post 303, Thor665 wrote:
Describe the basis of the policy lynch in order to justify its consideration?
We're past the point of saying "because" unless you're just that bad at describing your reasoning...which is okay, tell me if it's so in order that I may add you to my "acceptable lynch" list.

99% of the time marquis is the opposite faction as me! The best reasoning tbh (not really)

also varsoon's hated claim made me laugh 10/10

In post 340, Otolia wrote:You realize that, now that you've admitted lying to the town, you literally have to be lynched. Any scenario where you lives in bad for town.

lying brings back fond memories

VOTE: otolia
im going to accuse you of being scum now
Marquis
Marquis
Survivor
Marquis
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #440 (ISO) » Sat Mar 14, 2015 4:07 pm

Post by Marquis »

butt what if we're scumpartners this time

i told you not to bus day 1 :(
link in bio
Flubbernugget
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #441 (ISO) » Sat Mar 14, 2015 4:11 pm

Post by Flubbernugget »

VOTE: otalia

why are people ignoring this
Seohyun
Seohyun
Goon
Seohyun
Goon
Goon

Post Post #442 (ISO) » Sat Mar 14, 2015 4:18 pm

Post by Seohyun »

whattt i thought you said always bus on day 1??? i didn't sign up for this

Flubbernugget wrote:VOTE: otalia

why are people ignoring this

why are you not ignoring this
Flubbernugget
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #443 (ISO) » Sat Mar 14, 2015 4:20 pm

Post by Flubbernugget »

Because I like to lynch scum
Antihero
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
al;kdjfal;kj

Post Post #444 (ISO) » Sat Mar 14, 2015 4:47 pm

Post by Antihero »

In post 437, pisskop wrote:So you don't have a case. Good to know.

this is a scum response
Antihero
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
al;kdjfal;kj

Post Post #445 (ISO) » Sat Mar 14, 2015 4:48 pm

Post by Antihero »

In post 438, pisskop wrote:Ive seen less reaching in Romero's zombie flocks

right...

why is your vote on zzzx?
pisskop
pisskop
Survivor
pisskop
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #446 (ISO) » Sat Mar 14, 2015 4:50 pm

Post by pisskop »

In post 249, pisskop wrote:-ZZZX has promised us content, but it must have gotten lost en route.
-Agree that SW is being off

vote: ZZZX

I can't believe you're too lazy to go find it yourself. :neutral:
pisskop
pisskop
Survivor
pisskop
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #447 (ISO) » Sat Mar 14, 2015 4:51 pm

Post by pisskop »

To think you have the audacity to tell me that my scumhunting strategy in D1 of a large normal is inadequate.
pisskop
pisskop
Survivor
pisskop
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #448 (ISO) » Sat Mar 14, 2015 4:53 pm

Post by pisskop »

But then again, you
are
voting me.
. with that weaksauce case and solid content like the below
In post 403, Antihero wrote:
In post 401, copper223 wrote:I am not sold on this yet, some of your more recent posts I thought were more town indicative.

nopenopenopenopenopenopenopenopenope

Its a wonder I'm not voting you. :roll:
pisskop
pisskop
Survivor
pisskop
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #449 (ISO) » Sat Mar 14, 2015 4:53 pm

Post by pisskop »

It looks a lot like a scum who doesnt want to give up what he thinks is low hanging fruit, frankly.

But we'll have plenty of time to get aquinted, I can see.

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”