Open 591: C9++, The Lunatic Ayslum (Game Over: Town Win!)

DarkLightA
DarkLightA
Mafia Scum
DarkLightA
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #300 (ISO) » Sun Mar 29, 2015 11:23 am

Post by DarkLightA »

UNVOTE:

I have to rethink.
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #301 (ISO) » Sun Mar 29, 2015 1:18 pm

Post by BlueBloodedToffee »

Something about Darklight's recent posts feel off to me.

Need to reread when I'm not so tired.
Meta this. Meta that. Meta Everything. Meta is not a good scum-hunting tool. PEOPLE CAN MANIPULATE THEIR META. Stop it. Stop. It. Now.
Reubus Swagrid
Reubus Swagrid
Goon
Reubus Swagrid
Goon
Goon

Post Post #302 (ISO) » Sun Mar 29, 2015 6:59 pm

Post by Reubus Swagrid »

In post 276, DarkLightA wrote:
In post 201, Reubus Swagrid wrote:I was leaning Otilia town but regarding the aggressive nature of his defence I need to rethink that now.

In post 274, Reubus Swagrid wrote:First of all I've read over the Otolia wagon again and I just don't buy it.

?

So it's not ok for my reads to change in the space of 2 days?

In post 278, DarkLightA wrote:
Spoiler: RS post
In post 274, Reubus Swagrid wrote:Sorry guys was very busy this weekend, let's get back into it.

First of all I've read over the Otolia wagon again and I just don't buy it. There's nothing at the moment that makes me believe he will flip scum. The RM wagon is more viable than the Otolia wagon as I see it but both of the wagons don't seem reasonable enough for me to place a vote yet.

@RM
can you explain your play-style to us and why it works?

@mnemonicdevice

In post 269, mnemonicdevice wrote:I agree with the logic here, but from past games I have played with RM he does start picking up after day one. I'm going to just leave him be, he should be evident enough to read by day 3, if not even by late day 2.

Considering this post:

In post 255, LlamaFluff wrote:
In post 248, Alchemist21 wrote:They're not scummy posts coming from RM. It may be all null, but a policy lynch here really isn't going to do anything but give scum an easy wagon to push.

What part is null?

The part where a third of his posts are concerned about CKD and the whole policy lynch thing?
The sheep vote on collatz?
The vote on otolia for what is at best a vote for a null tell?

Even if we are going to go "oh well he always lurks so lets ignore him" those are still legitimate tells. Plus is he normally this non-game related? In almost a week he has made maybe three posts that can be called game related.

Out of curiosity... for those ignoring RM are you just essentially saying "well if he is scum I am willing to just give him a free pass?" Maybe I don't have enough experience around RM, but I don't really think he is a juggernaut as town starting D2 that would justify giving him a free pass. What if he is scum? We just let him have next to no interactions and are cool with it or something?

Would you still advocate not lynching RM?

And what are your thoughts on Otolia? You haven't moved your vote from RVS or justified leaving your vote there nor have you actually read anyone.

@RC
so who are your current scumreads?

I'm leaning town on RC, the analysis he's providing seems pretty sound to me, not much more I can elaborate

@Marcell
you didn't bring Otolia to L-2, which to me means one of two things- A) You've got stronger scumreads. B) You don't want him lynched. Judging by your posts after your unvote, scenario A looks a lot less likely. Do you read him town? If so why?

Town-reading LlamaFluff for his convincing ISO and his move to mass-claim in #204, both of which point towards him being town.

This is one of those posts that looks good on the surface, but says very little. A lot of questions, not many statements or arguments. Especially the addressing of Marcrell looks odd to me. I really don't understand what he's saying here... Marcrell quite clearly stated that he doesn't want an immediate lynch. He's afraid of a speedlynch and that's completely reasonable. Don't you think so?

Obviously avoiding a speedlynch would be wise but he only states not wanting to lynch him at this point in time, what's wrong with me wanting to inquire further on this? And why would I not address Marcell exactly? It's his answer I want btw but your speculation is also appreciated.
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #303 (ISO) » Sun Mar 29, 2015 10:12 pm

OK, I figured my problem with Darklights recent posting.

It's very 'go with the flow'. He attacks people who are coming under suspicion from other players and town-reads people who are not coming under any pressure/backs off people when others do.

I'm not sure what to think of this atm but it doesn't feel right.
Meta this. Meta that. Meta Everything. Meta is not a good scum-hunting tool. PEOPLE CAN MANIPULATE THEIR META. Stop it. Stop. It. Now.
DarkLightA
DarkLightA
Mafia Scum
DarkLightA
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #304 (ISO) » Sun Mar 29, 2015 10:33 pm

Post by DarkLightA »

Good point. What do you think it means?
Randomnamechange
Randomnamechange
Jack of All Trades
Randomnamechange
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #305 (ISO) » Sun Mar 29, 2015 10:35 pm

Post by Randomnamechange »

Sorry, im not going to be able to post till tomorrow. Something came up.
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #306 (ISO) » Sun Mar 29, 2015 11:47 pm

In post 304, DarkLightA wrote:Good point. What do you think it means?

I think it means you're trying not to ruffle any feathers.
DarkLightA
DarkLightA
Mafia Scum
DarkLightA
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #307 (ISO) » Mon Mar 30, 2015 2:06 am

Post by DarkLightA »

I ruffle feathers when I want to ruffle feathers.
Collatz
Collatz
Townie
Collatz
Townie
Townie

Post Post #308 (ISO) » Mon Mar 30, 2015 4:39 am

Post by Collatz »

VOTE: randommidget

I don't like how RM has been sheep voting and using other peoples reasons as an excuse to vote without using his own reasoning. I'm still really busy but I'll try to post more later.
Otolia
Otolia
Mafia Scum
Otolia
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #309 (ISO) » Mon Mar 30, 2015 5:23 am

Post by Otolia »

In post 308, Collatz wrote:I don't like how RM has been sheep voting and using other peoples reasons as an excuse to vote without using his own reasoning. I'm still really busy but I'll try to post more later.

Here, let me give you an incentive to post more.

VOTE: Collatz
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #310 (ISO) » Mon Mar 30, 2015 5:37 am

Yeah, not a fan of Collatz play right now either.
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #311 (ISO) » Mon Mar 30, 2015 8:27 am

Post by curiouskarmadog »

as I am catching up, Otolia, did you ever answer this? skimming, it doesnt look like you have. so please do...if I missed it just point me in the direction so I will read during the catch up.

In post 156, curiouskarmadog wrote:OTOLIA, apparently you missed this question (?)

In post 149, curiouskarmadog wrote:
In post 144, Otolia wrote:Considering Collatz qualifies as a MS newbie, one could argue that DarkLightA is grasping at anything he can. I've got nothing better to do with my vote so VOTE: DarkLightA

what post do you feel like Dark is "grasping" at straws?
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
DarkLightA
DarkLightA
Mafia Scum
DarkLightA
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #312 (ISO) » Mon Mar 30, 2015 8:29 am

Post by DarkLightA »

Lucky2u
Lucky2u
Jack of All Trades
Lucky2u
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #313 (ISO) » Mon Mar 30, 2015 8:30 am

Post by Lucky2u »

mnemonic, I know your play style is usually very lurky, but can you get in the game a little more. It bothers me that I went and looked at the last vote count and forgot you were in this game...
The bunny knight reigns supreme!
Get to know me! Here! and now Here too!
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #314 (ISO) » Mon Mar 30, 2015 10:56 am

Alright, some things;

- Otolia, I wasn't attacking Random. You have misinterpreted my post.

Also, this post has a lot of words and very little content. Did you read LLama's case? What were your thoughts on it?

As for your comment re: town reads; it's ridiculous for you to suggest that we should 'put aside their (RC and Darklight) contribution to the game' and ask why they're being read as town. That's exactly how you develop reads on people; through what they contribute. This is a very subtle attempt to fling mud at Darklight and myself and I don't like it.

Also, looking forward to your comments on Reubus.

- Random, tell me how you developed your early town read on Marcrell.

- Llama, who are you scum reading outside of Random?

- Darklight, if you think Reubus is scummy, you should vote him.

- Darklight, what points did you find interesting?

- Really Otolia, this is the best you can do with your vote? This is barely a level above RVS voting.
Alchemist21
Alchemist21
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Alchemist21
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #315 (ISO) » Mon Mar 30, 2015 11:14 am

Post by Alchemist21 »

In post 298, DarkLightA wrote:
In post 294, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:Not at all. I'm being pedantic.

It's not even close that everyone is OK with lynching Reubus.

A few people have expressed they would be OK with it. Nothing more than that. I mean, I don't even think he is the leading wagon.

You're right. I think it's just struck me to the extent that it looks more significant than it actually is. I'm just saying that I find it bothersome that he's being mentioned as a compromise. It seems that many are in the stage of "wouldn't mind him being lynched" and I'm wondering whether that is likely to happen if scum is being targeted. By all means, Reubus might be scum, and his play is scummy imo, but I don't know about the whole atmosphere around him.

If RS is scum, I wouldn't expect much resistance from scum unless a more serious wagon forms on him. Even then there may only be slight resistance if the scum aren't really sure how to derail the wagon and maintain a pro-town appearance
Otolia
Otolia
Mafia Scum
Otolia
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #316 (ISO) » Mon Mar 30, 2015 11:38 am

Post by Otolia »

In post 309, Otolia wrote:
In post 308, Collatz wrote:I don't like how RM has been sheep voting and using other peoples reasons as an excuse to vote without using his own reasoning. I'm still really busy but I'll try to post more later.

Here, let me give you an incentive to post more.

VOTE: Collatz

In post 310, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:Yeah, not a fan of Collatz play right now either.

In post 314, BlueBloodedToffee wrote: - Really Otolia, this is the best you can do with your vote? This is barely a level above RVS voting.

:eek:

That's the 2nd time in a few days where you cannot keep an opinion for more than a few hours. What's up with that BBT ? I probably won't let my vote stay on Collatz though. I've read Llama's case on RM but I've yet to examine RS closely. Until I have done so, my vote may as well be a reminder to Collatz that he commited to post more.
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #317 (ISO) » Mon Mar 30, 2015 11:55 am

Is there a problem?

I agree with the sentiment that Collatz recent play has somewhat declined. Is it deserving of a vote? No. Is he the scummiest person in this game? Not by a long shot.

Like I said, you misinterpreted my post the first time around (with relation to Random). Continue to try and misrep me and you'll earn yourself some rope.
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #318 (ISO) » Mon Mar 30, 2015 1:50 pm

Post by curiouskarmadog »

Notes placeholder….

Quoting as reading.

In post 164, DarkLightA wrote:
Walk me through where abouts Zebulin said he got a guilty.

why?

- - -

RedC’s 170 post is good posting.
- - -

In post 194, DarkLightA wrote:
In post 193, Alchemist21 wrote:The first is that I'm his surest Townread. Usually people who haven't played with me before null or lean-scum on me, or at best mildly townread me. It's usually scum or people I've played with before that put me as a top townread this early.

I'm also suspicious of Reubus, but I really don't like this argument.

why are
you
suspicious of Reubus?

- - -

I like Llama’s plan. However, as scum have you ever proposed such a plan as this on day1?

- - -

Only was able to read to page 9…super busy with work and allergies kicking my ass. Will post as I (finish) reading/catching up. Still good with my vote thus far in the read.
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
LlamaFluff
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #319 (ISO) » Mon Mar 30, 2015 2:47 pm

Post by LlamaFluff »

@BBT - You do realize I said who I thought was scum a few pages ago right? I guess you can add yourself to that list, but its not like its hard.

In post 318, curiouskarmadog wrote:I like Llama’s plan. However, as scum have you ever proposed such a plan as this on day1?

Yes. Its to the point where I have used it enough and its known enough that I would have to bring it up even as scum.
Co-host of The USL Show
GeoGuessr: USL Pony
Fall Guys: Scary Hopping Bonkus
Reubus Swagrid
Reubus Swagrid
Goon
Reubus Swagrid
Goon
Goon

Post Post #320 (ISO) » Mon Mar 30, 2015 3:26 pm

Post by Reubus Swagrid »

In post 313, Lucky2u wrote:mnemonic, I know your play style is usually very lurky, but can you get in the game a little more. It bothers me that I went and looked at the last vote count and forgot you were in this game...

The fact that he hasn't moved his vote from RVS without any explanation concerns me. The only real content in his ISO is acknowledgement of RMs playstyle which bothers me, which I think I may have already addressed.

I also would like to see Collatz post more, though I'm not sure that it's worth a vote

DLA, would you care to address post #302 ?
wgeurts
wgeurts
They/Them
Pokédex
wgeurts
They/Them
Pokédex
Pokédex
Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #321 (ISO) » Mon Mar 30, 2015 6:40 pm

Post by wgeurts »

Votecount 1.6:

Alchemist21 : 0 :
BlueBloodedToffee : 0 :
DarkLightA : 0 :
Otolia : 2 : mnemonicdevice, randomidget
curiouskarmadog : 0 :
Collatz : 1 : Otolia
mnemonicdevice : 0 :
LlamaFluff : 0 :
randomidget : 3 : LlamaFluff, Lucky2u, Collatz
Marcrell : 1 : RedCoyote
Lucky2u : 0 :
RedCoyote : 0 :
Reubus Swagrid : 3 : curiouskarmadog, Alchemist21, BlueBloodedToffee

Not Voting:
Reubus Swagrid, Marcrell, DarkLightA

Deadline:
(expired on 2015-04-06 12:00:00)

It takes 7 votes to lynch.

RedCoyote has been prodded.

factLobotomy, also known as leucotomy, is a neurosurgical operation that involves severing connections in the brain's prefrontal lobe, according to Encyclopaedia Britannica.
"
i agree we should have a rule against wgeurts
" -
Davsto

"
let's have 2 rules against wgeurts
" -
DeathRowKitty

BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #322 (ISO) » Tue Mar 31, 2015 12:12 am

Llama, why am I scum?
Otolia
Otolia
Mafia Scum
Otolia
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #323 (ISO) » Tue Mar 31, 2015 12:18 am

Post by Otolia »

In post 319, LlamaFluff wrote:Yes. Its to the point where I have used it enough and its known enough that I would have to bring it up even as scum.

Can you provide a game where such a policy has been used ?
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #324 (ISO) » Tue Mar 31, 2015 12:42 am

No response for me Otolia?

Return to “Completed Open Games”