Mini 1651: One Flew Over The Monkey's Nest(Scum Wins!)

Aquanim
Aquanim
Mafia Scum
Aquanim
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1625 (ISO) » Mon Apr 06, 2015 11:27 am

Post by Aquanim »

In post 1620, pisskop wrote:...
No counterwagon is troublesome. I have schoolworks I
have
to do, but Id like to exp]lore this game.

As far as I'm concerned, there was a counterwagon, and you're now on it.

Mykonian and Boonskiies did try to start wagons elsewhere, too, even if they were rather half-assed.
We shape ourselves, one game at a time.
Aquanim
Aquanim
Mafia Scum
Aquanim
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1626 (ISO) » Mon Apr 06, 2015 11:43 am

Post by Aquanim »

By the same token, if anyone is worried about the speed at which the wagon gathered momentum... look at the players who got on board it.

Aquanim - do you think I'm mafia driving this?
Metalcyanide - considering the other wagon on the table is his, what else could he reasonably do? (Especially considering how he got slammed for messing around and voting elsewhere in similar situations yesterday).
Pisskop - town pr
TheDudeAbides - do you think he's mafia who jumped on?
Aquanim
Aquanim
Mafia Scum
Aquanim
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1627 (ISO) » Mon Apr 06, 2015 3:20 pm

Post by Aquanim »

By my count there are less than 24 hours left in the day, and messing about at this stage got us a nolynch last time. We don't even have a wagon at L-1 any more...

Do not screw this up.
Metalcyanide
Metalcyanide
Goon
Metalcyanide
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1628 (ISO) » Mon Apr 06, 2015 6:30 pm

Post by Metalcyanide »

In post 1627, Aquanim wrote:By my count there are less than 24 hours left in the day, and messing about at this stage got us a nolynch last time. We don't even have a wagon at L-1 any more...

Do not screw this up.

Seriously a no lynch can not happen again.
Bellaphant
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1629 (ISO) » Mon Apr 06, 2015 9:07 pm

Post by Bellaphant »

VOTE: myk

Nothing has convinced me otherwise and we need a lynch. That's l~1, right?
Metalcyanide
Metalcyanide
Goon
Metalcyanide
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1630 (ISO) » Mon Apr 06, 2015 9:37 pm

Post by Metalcyanide »

In post 1629, Bellaphant wrote:VOTE: myk

Nothing has convinced me otherwise and we need a lynch. That's l~1, right?

No L-2 Pisskop switched his vote
Aquanim
Aquanim
Mafia Scum
Aquanim
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1631 (ISO) » Mon Apr 06, 2015 9:56 pm

Post by Aquanim »

It was L-1 before; with Pisskop removing his vote and Bellaphant adding hers, we have returned to L-1. I think.
TheDudeAbides
TheDudeAbides
Goon
TheDudeAbides
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1632 (ISO) » Mon Apr 06, 2015 10:58 pm

Post by TheDudeAbides »

In post 1596, Metalcyanide wrote:Hey got the prod. I've been reading but having had much to say about anything.

You could talk about the things that I asked you.

In post 1601, Bellaphant wrote:Because, as I said, it feels like he's looking around, zero-ing in on someone and then moving off if he can't get much going. It's not a comment on Eek, it's a comment on the 'unstickiness' of his reads.

Why do you think that this is scummy?

In post 1610, Elyse wrote:My hesitance to lynch mykonian stems from my early townread on him. He and I had very similar thought processes and he would say things that were on my mind. This either comes from a town mindset or an adept scum mindset. Not to say that mykonian isn't skilled, but it's hard to fake.

which thoughts?
". . . for reasons that nobody really understands at the time—and which never explain, in retrospect, what actually happened."
-Thompson.
MonkeyMan576
MonkeyMan576
Jack of All Trades
MonkeyMan576
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1633 (ISO) » Mon Apr 06, 2015 11:19 pm

Post by MonkeyMan576 »

Vote Count 2.07 - up to post #1632.

Mykonian[5]: Aquanim, Metalcyanide, TheDudeAbides, eektor, Bellaphant[L-1]
Metalcyanide[1]: Elyse, toolenduso, pisskop
TheDudeAbides[1]: mykonian
Aquanim[1]: Boonskiies

Mod Notes: All V/LA's are over.

With 10 alive, it requires 6 votes to lynch.
Day ends on Tuesday, April 7th at 7:00 PM USA Mountain Time
, or when a lynch occurs
mykonian
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
Frisian Shoulder-Demon

Post Post #1634 (ISO) » Mon Apr 06, 2015 11:27 pm

Post by mykonian »

You don't have to wait for the deadline. Nothing else important is happening.

vote mykonian
Surrender, imagine and of course wear something nice.
MonkeyMan576
MonkeyMan576
Jack of All Trades
MonkeyMan576
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1635 (ISO) » Mon Apr 06, 2015 11:28 pm

Post by MonkeyMan576 »

That's a lynch! 12 hours for twilight.

Mykonian[6]: Aquanim, Metalcyanide, TheDudeAbides, eektor, Bellaphant, Mykonian[Lynch!]
Last edited by MonkeyMan576 on Mon Apr 06, 2015 11:48 pm, edited 2 times in total.
MonkeyMan576
MonkeyMan576
Jack of All Trades
MonkeyMan576
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1636 (ISO) » Mon Apr 06, 2015 11:30 pm

Post by MonkeyMan576 »

The rules for V/LA's is being updated. You may have up to 4 V/LA's total, 3 V/LA's in a 2 game day period, or 2 V/LA's in a one game day period. If any of these are exceeded, I will look for a replacement.

Player Specific: Those who already have two V/LA's(TheDudeAbides and eektor, from my count) may have one more total V/LA(five) as they were not aware that the rule change was going to happen.
TheDudeAbides
TheDudeAbides
Goon
TheDudeAbides
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1637 (ISO) » Mon Apr 06, 2015 11:56 pm

Post by TheDudeAbides »

Happy
". . . for reasons that nobody really understands at the time—and which never explain, in retrospect, what actually happened."
-Thompson.
Aquanim
Aquanim
Mafia Scum
Aquanim
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1638 (ISO) » Tue Apr 07, 2015 12:06 am

Post by Aquanim »

Yeah, I hope so. The below was written before that hammer, to give it a little context.

---//---

Okay, dealing with the less likely stuff first.

If Mykonian flips town then I'm not sure why Boonskiies would spaz out at me like he did if he is mafia. If he really thinks that having a go at lynching me is a good idea, why not wait until after Mykonian flips town? His present behaviour makes sense (kinda) only if he's trying to stop a Mykonian lynch. I'm not certain Boonskiies is town in this case but I think I would require a good explanation as to his recent actions to lynch him.

Besides that I'd basically need to rethink the entire game if Mykonian flips town.

---//---

If Mykonian flips scum, lynch Boonskiies. Do not go lynching into possible scum (eektor, say) when there's an obvious one under your nose. I'm not saying you can't think about other people but don't go flipping them until you've lynched Boon (and probably Metal, too).

If Boonskiies (somehow) flips town... I dunno. The below probably still holds to some degree, except you'll now be looking for two mafia rather than one. The only difference is that there will have been NO mafia on Metal before the Taly flip.

---//---

The remainder of this post (at least, most of it) assumes that Mykonian and Boonskiies will flip mafia. I was going to make some huge wallpost summing up the game... but I spent a lot of time not getting anywhere and eventually gave up. The following will have to do.

Metalcyanide is probably the most likely to flip mafia for reasons previously mentioned. The one thing which makes me seriously question this is Mykonian's attitude towards him at the end of day 1... my feeling is that Mykonian knew something I didn't about Metal. (The whole "I think he'll flip town; do you still think he'll flip scum?" thing.) Then again, I think Mykonian and Metal knew they had to distance there, maybe my feeling here was Mykonian's actual intent. <shrug>.

If Metal flips town
, take a really good look at Elyse. In that case, the two wagons Elyse has pushed (Taly and Metal) were both town, and she's been rather unenthusiastic about a Mykonian lynch. (Though I'm not sure why she would push all-in to get the Metal lynch today, since if he flips town today Mykonian and Boonskiies probably get lynched in the next days anyway and it would compromise her a fair bit). I tried to meta Elyse but didn't really get anywhere worthwhile. If she hasn't played for 6 months or a year her meta could be different anyway.

@Toolenduso
: You said you'd lost to Elyse's scumgame at some point IIRC. Keeping that in mind, what makes you confident she is town here?

I still have a hard time believing that I failed to get a Metal lynch D1 if the Insidious slot is scum but Boonskiies was voting Metal and Mykonian tried to "hammer" Metal at some stage... maybe the scumteam just couldn't help that wagon any more than they did.

About eektor... I dunno. I kind of liked the way he came at me over the "defensive" posts in d2, in that he did not try to make a bigger thing out of it than it was but also did not just ignore it (I feel that scum might have just not bothered pursuing an angle on such an unlikely lynch). That is a pretty piss-poor reason for a read, mind you. Eektor has been V/LA at some rather awkward stages as far as reading him is concerned. I have made other comments about eektor (in particular in response to tool's arguments), you can search my ISO for them. I think I found on a cursory read of eektor's meta that he tends towards the "reciting facts" rather than "making judgements" style as town, so that might not be a good point against him.

Tool is probably town, though his defending Mykonian lately made me a little worried.

TheDudeAbides is very likely town. Don't lynch him unless you have some amazing case which I can't see.

Unless there's another town PR Pisskop is town, no matter who (if anyone) gets shot before him. If someone else claims another town PR I'd probably lynch them before Pisskop, so there's that too.

So, the short version of the above... if you lynch Mykonian, Boonskiies and Metalcyanide and the game still isn't over, I'd lynch one of {Elyse, Bellaphant, Eektor}.
I'd like to talk about those three in the remaining time
. I imagine I'm likely to be long dead before that decision has to actually be made. That being said I am willing to discuss anybody.
Elyse
Elyse
Jack of All Trades
Elyse
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1639 (ISO) » Tue Apr 07, 2015 5:32 am

Post by Elyse »

Still wary about myko but idk if he would self-hammer as town. Nothing to do now. I do agree we should lynch Boonskiies if he flips scum.

If he flips town then we'll reevaluate but I'm going to be looking at metal for sure.

I mostly agree with Aqua except I'm town and I don't really see TDA town. Or TDA scum for that matter but I don't see why he's ruling him out.
TheDudeAbides
TheDudeAbides
Goon
TheDudeAbides
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1640 (ISO) » Tue Apr 07, 2015 6:50 am

Post by TheDudeAbides »

When you say wary what do you mean? Cause with the way I use it, your sentence doesn't make much sense. I mean we should no longer be concerned about Myko, but be dancing on his grave.

I also had a question for you.
-Thompson.
eektor
eektor
Goon
eektor
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1641 (ISO) » Tue Apr 07, 2015 7:22 am

Post by eektor »

I would think a self hammer would make myko scum, but I did see in my last game a townie that self hammered. Although, the fact that he didn't mention any last reads or thoughts make me think he's scum.
pisskop
pisskop
Survivor
pisskop
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1642 (ISO) » Tue Apr 07, 2015 7:23 am

Post by pisskop »

Self hammer was meh. Lets not wank it into something its not.
beeboy - Everyone thought this game was made to troll pie but it was really made to troll pisskop.
Almost50 pisskop: Overall, that's a townie slot. Don't ask for specifics because with PK everything can be interpreted either way. It's probably WHEN he says/does things that matter, so it's more of a matter of conception rather than solid reasoning.
mykonian
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
Frisian Shoulder-Demon

Post Post #1643 (ISO) » Tue Apr 07, 2015 7:27 am

Post by mykonian »

eh, we were waiting out the day, only counterwagon was formed "because we needed a counterwagon", there was nothing left to be said.

wasn't worth reenacting day 1.
Surrender, imagine and of course wear something nice.
Elyse
Elyse
Jack of All Trades
Elyse
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1644 (ISO) » Tue Apr 07, 2015 7:31 am

Post by Elyse »

By wary I meant wary about if he's town or scum. Poor word choice.

I was talking about our thoughts re Taly
Aquanim
Aquanim
Mafia Scum
Aquanim
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1645 (ISO) » Tue Apr 07, 2015 10:26 am

Post by Aquanim »

In post 1639, Elyse wrote:...

I mostly agree with Aqua except I'm town and I don't really see TDA town. Or TDA scum for that matter but I don't see why he's ruling him out.

If nothing else, I don't really see a reason for Mykonian to bus TDA at the time he did. Not that Mykonian tried real hard to push that, so it's not completely impossible.

Besides that it's mostly a feel read. I like his attitude to the game, he seems to want to work things out. I haven't seen anything resembling a case on him.
toolenduso
toolenduso
Mafia Scum
toolenduso
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1646 (ISO) » Tue Apr 07, 2015 12:26 pm

Post by toolenduso »

Well I feel better about the mykonian lynch after his self-hammer, so I may have some things to re-think here. You might have a point about Metal not having any good options except to vote for Mykonian, Aqua, but that doesn't really tell us much about Metal's alignment.

As to your question about Elyse, I'm not exactly confident in her being town. I have her at null-town on my list, and that's based mostly on gut vibes -- things like having a similar thought pattern as her, more or less agreeing on reads, feeling like her posts come from a town mindset. But nothing really that solid. I'm certainly more comfortable voting with her than I am with eektor, Metal and even TDA.

The time she beat me as scum, btw, was when she jumped at an opportunity to bus her partner before any other town did and I was dumb enough to think that scum would never do that. It was my first game back on site in like six years and I was kind of a de facto newb. She was definitely a good player in that game, but I wouldn't have trusted her so much if it wasn't for that partner-bussing. In this game we don't have that.
"Half of the game is figuring out who the scum is. The other half is convincing everyone else that you're right." -- PlaysWithSquirrels, in Newbie 437
MonkeyMan576
MonkeyMan576
Jack of All Trades
MonkeyMan576
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1647 (ISO) » Tue Apr 07, 2015 12:35 pm

Post by MonkeyMan576 »

Due to new forum rules, there is to be no flavor on write ups in mini normal games.

Mykonian was a
vanilla townie

It is now night. It is 72 hours until day 3.
MonkeyMan576
MonkeyMan576
Jack of All Trades
MonkeyMan576
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1648 (ISO) » Tue Apr 07, 2015 12:37 pm

Post by MonkeyMan576 »

(expired on 2015-04-10 19:37:31)
MonkeyMan576
MonkeyMan576
Jack of All Trades