Marquis
Marquis
Survivor
Marquis
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2375 (ISO) » Tue Apr 07, 2015 1:37 pm

Post by Marquis »

old normal guidelines had no godfather-like modifiers/powers for sks, and i doubt this is a game that bucks the trend
link in bio
Gorkington
Gorkington
Jack of All Trades
Gorkington
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2376 (ISO) » Tue Apr 07, 2015 1:37 pm

Post by Gorkington »

I have a hard time seeing Thor being scum with Sakura.
Maybe SK.
Some good points have been raised about Okakill being SK-kill though so probably not.

Droog might be a good lynch. Clown hasn't done anything and sat on the Fuzzywagon D2.
Gorkington
Gorkington
Jack of All Trades
Gorkington
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2377 (ISO) » Tue Apr 07, 2015 1:38 pm

Post by Gorkington »

Who else seems like scum to you Marquis? Give me some words on that.
Gorkington
Gorkington
Jack of All Trades
Gorkington
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2378 (ISO) » Tue Apr 07, 2015 1:39 pm

Post by Gorkington »

Gorkington wrote:And you think amazing scumThor is going to dumbtunnel Antihero despite a metacase defending him and an inevitable huge backlash upon a mislynch after two of his scummates die N1?
Yeah. Not super convincing to me.
There's also this.
The Bulge
The Bulge
Jack of All Trades
The Bulge
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2379 (ISO) » Tue Apr 07, 2015 2:13 pm

Post by The Bulge »

Votecount 3.1

Antihero (0) -

Boonskiies (0) -

TheFuzzylogic99 (0) -

copper223 (0) -

zMuffinMan (0) -

Flubbernugget (2) -
Antihero, pisskop
Gorkington (0) -

ika (0) -

droog (0) -

Marquis (0) -

mnemonicdevice (1) -
Flubbernugget
pisskop (1) -
TheFuzzylogic99
Seohyun (0) -

Thor665 (1) -
Marquis
Varsoon (0) -

ZZZX (2) -
Thor665, Gorkington

Not Voting -
Boonskiies, copper223, zMuffinMan, ika, droog, mnemonicdevice, Seohyun, Varsoon, ZZZX

With 16 alive, it's 9 to lynch.

Deadline in (expired on 2015-04-20 18:38:00) (April 20th).
Gorkington
Gorkington
Jack of All Trades
Gorkington
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2380 (ISO) » Tue Apr 07, 2015 2:15 pm

Post by Gorkington »

Flubb some more reads/general thoughts on things would be fantastic.
pls and ty.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #2381 (ISO) » Tue Apr 07, 2015 2:21 pm

Post by Varsoon »

Look, I'm cool with this.
Given the wagons at the end of D2, a thor flip literally gives us the most info.
And if it's not town, we get that too.
VOTE: Thor
Gorkington
Gorkington
Jack of All Trades
Gorkington
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2382 (ISO) » Tue Apr 07, 2015 2:24 pm

Post by Gorkington »

boon, zzzx, seo, ika, md have less than 60 posts.
Can we please off some dead weight before we get rid of someone who's actively contributing and can give us more information by actually playing the game? I don't think this is unreasonable after we've just nailed three scum in a row.
pisskop
pisskop
Survivor
pisskop
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2383 (ISO) » Tue Apr 07, 2015 2:26 pm

Post by pisskop »

#themodhasmorepoststhanyou
beeboy - Everyone thought this game was made to troll pie but it was really made to troll pisskop.
Almost50 pisskop: Overall, that's a townie slot. Don't ask for specifics because with PK everything can be interpreted either way. It's probably WHEN he says/does things that matter, so it's more of a matter of conception rather than solid reasoning.
Flubbernugget
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2384 (ISO) » Tue Apr 07, 2015 2:27 pm

Post by Flubbernugget »

In post 2380, Gorkington wrote:Flubb some more reads/general thoughts on things would be fantastic.
pls and ty.

I'm happy with my vanity wagon
Gorkington
Gorkington
Jack of All Trades
Gorkington
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2385 (ISO) » Tue Apr 07, 2015 2:29 pm

Post by Gorkington »

MOAR.
Gorkington
Gorkington
Jack of All Trades
Gorkington
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2386 (ISO) » Tue Apr 07, 2015 2:30 pm

Post by Gorkington »

If you're gonna be a jerk then at least talk about ur case on him and make it less vanity as fek breh.
mnemonicdevice
mnemonicdevice
Goon
mnemonicdevice
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2387 (ISO) » Tue Apr 07, 2015 2:35 pm

Post by mnemonicdevice »

I have more posts than anyone else on that list. Also... I joined in halfway through the game.
Gorkington
Gorkington
Jack of All Trades
Gorkington
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2388 (ISO) » Tue Apr 07, 2015 2:36 pm

Post by Gorkington »

Do something neat then.
Who is scum. Why aren't you voting?
Gorkington
Gorkington
Jack of All Trades
Gorkington
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2389 (ISO) » Tue Apr 07, 2015 2:40 pm

Post by Gorkington »

Mnem you made a HUGE case on notscience. Then unvoted because you disliked Oka's sheep of your vote?
Then only voted for him because of deadline rush.
Then switched to Thor?
Why did you stop pushing for him being scum?
Why did you hunt for scum off of the wagon you were pushing?
TheFuzzylogic99
TheFuzzylogic99
Mafia Scum
TheFuzzylogic99
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2390 (ISO) » Tue Apr 07, 2015 2:46 pm

Post by TheFuzzylogic99 »

Anti

Day 1
If your hypothy to be right than
varsoon kills sakura
sk kill Ff
player x blocks scums kill

this is possible but it seems very unlikely. Also if this scenerio means the scum had a very unlucky day for scum

day 2
Player x blocks scum
Sk kill oka

its very very unlikely scum is blocked two days in a row. It was possible that the Oka kill was a pr hunt or just a random kill.

while your idea is possible the chance that the all of the things needed to to make your scenerio happen seems miniscure .

What is the Thor wagon about.
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2391 (ISO) » Tue Apr 07, 2015 2:51 pm

Post by zMuffinMan »

In post 2363, Thor665 wrote:I literally just gave you a color coded wagon analysis a few days ago. I also literally stated my reads on an entire secondary wagon - that's like 10 reads that I offered in specific ansers to *you* within the week.
Is there someone in particular you feel lost on as to my reads on them? I feel like you're asking me repetitive busy work questions.
Where is this going?
You and I both know I'm offering reads and offering them to you - so why are you acting like I'm not or that, somehow, I'm not sharing reads, or that I'm hedging reads or something? What do you even think I'm doing that causes this question to be asked?

give me a fucking break

you're not this fucking stupid, thor

you've given three town reads (the people on your wagon), six potential scum reads (the other people on your wagon + the people on the fuzzy wagon) and no read on the rest of the game

am i to take it that this means you have town reads on every other player in the game? no scum reads elsewhere?

clarify
spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2392 (ISO) » Tue Apr 07, 2015 2:54 pm

Post by zMuffinMan »

also you gave those reads
yesterday

unless your reads are so static that nothing changes between day phases with a scum flip, i don't see how what i asked is unreasonable at all
spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2393 (ISO) » Tue Apr 07, 2015 3:19 pm

Post by zMuffinMan »

oh, btw, i figured i'd respond to this since why not?

Spoiler: thor 2257
In post 2257, Thor665 wrote:your interaction need was to tell me that you think I'm scummy?

nah, i was telling you why i thought you were scummy specifically because you were VLA and couldn't interact with me

the entire point is that asking you questions about your motivations at certain points in the game seemed irrelevant if there wasn't even going to be much time to consider answers given your VLA status even if you
did
answer them. ergo, i went the more direct route and told you exactly why i thought you were scum. if you didn't reply to me, so be it - i had my thoughts out in the open rather than questions you may or may not have been around to answer. if you did reply to me, it's not like you'd be sitting there going "durrrr no questions so i have nothing to say here!"

besides which, i don't
need
to ask questions to interact with someone. i can comment on different things they say that i agree with or don't agree with and, kind of like what you're doing with my posts regardless of whether they contain questions, a conversation can be had! ah, the miracle of language.

quite frankly, i do not give two smurfs whether you think there's something wrong with this line of thinking. i prefer interacting with players on some level because reading stuff they've said in response to other players does not do a whole lot for me; other players rarely ask the questions i think are important or comment on the things i think require commenting on. i thought you were scum but i wanted time to interact with you to flesh this read out. that's the entire reason i requested the deadline extension. the fact that you declared VLA was disappointing to me. i expressed such disappointment in thread

In post 2257, Thor665 wrote:
In post 2243, zMuffinMan wrote:you keep referencing on point where sakura said she agreed with something you wrote as buddying that somehow points to you being town. i call bullSmurf. though feel free to go back and show me other evidence of sakura buddying you (i can't really do the opposite because i can't show you something i'm pretty sure doesn't exist).

If I show you this - what do I get out of it?
I understand you're asking me to do the work - but let's say I show other evidence of Sakura trying to get nice-nice with me; what is your reaction if I do?
Will you admit you lied?
Will you admit you read th egame poorly and readjust reads?
What's my offered gain for giving you links?

nothing, really. but i went back over the interactions overnight and i'm 100% positive you cannot do this, so whatever you were trying to do with these questions seems pointless to me. the entire point was that sakura wasn't buddying you and the only reference point you have for "buddying" was that single instance where she read one of your posts and said she agreed with you. whoooooo

the issue i have with the "sakura was buddying me" is, simply, she wasn't. the only thing you can point to that could even be remotely called "buddying" if you look at it sideways is her saying she agreed with one thing you wrote. i asked you to go back and tell me where else you think sakura buddied you because i know you can't, ergo your entire point revolves around the fact that she read your post and said she agreed with your points (but didn't even call you town or anything, just agreed with your points). that is not, in any way, buddying... unless you have an extremely skewed view of what constitutes buddying

to put it simply in words you understand, "sakura wasn't buddying you. prove it. or you're a liar liar pants on fire and that makes you scum because there can be no other explanation!"

In post 2257, Thor665 wrote:
In post 2243, zMuffinMan wrote:the reason i call it mechanical is you're acting like elusive was a scumsmurf out to get you because she "lied" about something, but the way you were doing this felt like a robotic "lynch all liars" scenario rather than considering possible misunderstandings, misinterpretations, etc.

I talked with her extensively about why she said what she said and asked her repeatedly why she thought it was scummy.
Do you feel she answered?

she answered you. you called it dodging

in the end, though, your argument boiled down to, "she lied about something that could be factually checked for accuracy and this is scummy because lying is scummy."

that doesn't consider motivations at all. or whether that makes any sense at all..

in what world does scum intentionally lie about what actually happened in a game, when it can be easily fact-checked? what purpose would that ever serve, when the person in question could just... you know... go back and show that's not what happened and completely nullify the point while drawing unnecessary attention to the one making the argument...

i mean
maybe
you'd have a point if she was under pressure or something and was flailing for random shit to say? but that wasn't the case so basically, rather than assuming something like a difference in definitions, a difference in opinions, a difference in standards of proof or anything like that, you automatically went to, "you're lying and therefore scum."

and this is why i don't believe you're looking at things and thinking about them in a rational, town way. you're more concerned with finding errors and so-called "lies" than thinking about a person's alignment and making sense of their actions. no, don't give me bullsmurf about how you're asking questions and that shows you're trying to figure things out. you weren't assessing motivations in any way, shape or form. you were merely arguing semantics

In post 2257, Thor665 wrote:So you're saying scum Sakura decided to skim town Anti?
With their history?
Eh...yeah, maybe, seems unlikely though - and thus my point holds water.

history has nothing to do with whether or not you read someone's posts

case in point: do you ever read mastin posts? i know, i know... no one ever reads them so it's an unfair example to use, but familiarity with a player doesn't mean you pay close attention to every single one of their posts (and that's assuming she didn't genuinely miss antihero's post, which is a possibility you weren't considering at all). plus your argument was still reliant on the assertion that scum don't read each other's posts. meh

are you trying to tell me that you can look back on your argument and say it was strong?

you currently think antihero is town, right? meaning up until you reversed this read of yours, you were willing to push a lynch through on someone you now think is likely town for the
sole
reason that sakura didn't read one of his posts... and you wouldn't have seen anything wrong with this? you woulda just thought to yourself, "well, uh, that'll teach antihero to... not do anything wrong, really"?

like even if you say that them knowing each other somehow makes the point more valid, at best you've shoveled out a small portion of manure from a gigantic pile of manure and now you're telling me, "look muffin, it's better! it's not
as big
a steaming pile of smurf anymore!"

In post 2257, Thor665 wrote:Feel free to point out where I *ever* claimed it showed more than that.
If not maybe I'll use this easily disprovable lie (that you are demanding I defend...instead of "easily" fact checking it) as a scumtell on you.

you never directly claimed it, but when asked why your wagon was a bad one, you . i suppose you could argue you weren't directly calling yourself town because of it, but then you're just getting into semantics

In post 2378, Gorkington wrote:
Gorkington wrote:And you think amazing scumThor is going to dumbtunnel Antihero despite a metacase defending him and an inevitable huge backlash upon a mislynch after two of his scummates die N1?
Yeah. Not super convincing to me.
There's also this.

for the record, i genuinely believe that he either misinterpreted the meta arguments or thought they were weak, and that this happened regardless of his alignment

you can't really argue "why would scum thor do this?" if you're suggesting town thor did it

i mean, either he thought the arguments were weak/wrong or he didn't - unless the argument is scum-thor only goes for easy mislynches, in which case, meh

(plus you're kind of exaggerating how long thor was on antihero after the meta stuff was brought up)

In post 2382, Gorkington wrote:boon, zzzx, seo, ika, md have less than 60 posts.
Can we please off some dead weight before we get rid of someone who's actively contributing and can give us more information by actually playing the game? I don't think this is unreasonable after we've just nailed three scum in a row.

i'm half in agreement with this

though i kinda think seohyun is more likely town than scum

same for ZZZX

ika i'm meh on, had a vague~ish town read on house and a vague~ish town read on ika's earlier posts but since then he's just gone into lurk mode

other two i could legitimately see as scum
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #2394 (ISO) » Tue Apr 07, 2015 3:20 pm

Post by Thor665 »

In post 2365, ika wrote:we lynching thor?

Not without you voting me - for starters.

In post 2366, Antihero wrote:'mkay, i'll walk ya'll through it

Why is the Oka kill SK hunting Mafia and not Mafia hunting SK?

In post 2372, Marquis wrote:like it's not even that i'm just tunneling this time; his recent posts have all been super shallow/noncommittal to any read in depth and self-absorbed too

:neutral:
Yes, because someone becomes "self-absorbed" based on alignment in game.
Are you even listening to yourself? If you're town you are pushing this wagon for dumb reasoning and are half-blind.
I think you are town.

In post 2391, zMuffinMan wrote:you've given three town reads (the people on your wagon)

I've given more than that, Fuzzy and Gork immediately spring to mind.

In post 2391, zMuffinMan wrote:six potential scum reads (the other people on your wagon + the people on the fuzzy wagon

So I'm calling over a third of the game scum in a situation where we have 3 dead scum - shockingly poor play on my part, really.

In post 2391, zMuffinMan wrote:and no read on the rest of the game[/qote]
Agreed.

In post 2391, zMuffinMan wrote:am i to take it that this means you have town reads on every other player in the game?

No - you should think i have town reads on the players I've claimed town reads on.

In post 2391, zMuffinMan wrote:no scum reads elsewhere?

This is correct. I wasn't aware I came off as wimpy when declaring my scum reads - in fact some people are complaining about my fervor in presenting some of them while attacking others of them.

In post 2391, zMuffinMan wrote:clarify

I still don't understand your issue and you didn't address it.
You seem to be whining that I have reads - but not reads on a mound of lurksacks...well...yeah...okay...so?

In post 2392, zMuffinMan wrote:also you gave those reads
yesterday

unless your reads are so static that nothing changes between day phases with a scum flip, i don't see how what i asked is unreasonable at all

What do you think happened to change my opinions if anything?
That a scum read flipped as scum and a nullish 'not Sakura partner' read flipped as town?
I fail to see why - did I miss something?
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2395 (ISO) » Tue Apr 07, 2015 3:22 pm

Post by zMuffinMan »

In post 2394, Thor665 wrote:I've given more than that, Fuzzy and Gork immediately spring to mind.

5* then

woo

why are you so reluctant to just break down your thoughts on the entire game?

it's not that big an ask
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2396 (ISO) » Tue Apr 07, 2015 3:24 pm

Post by zMuffinMan »

why are you voting ZZZX actually?

he wasnt on your wagon or the fuzzy wagon
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #2397 (ISO) » Tue Apr 07, 2015 3:24 pm

Post by Thor665 »

In post 2393, zMuffinMan wrote:in what world does scum intentionally lie about what actually happened in a game, when it can be easily fact-checked?

Because they are more interested in pushing a lynch that looks good on the surface than analyzing it.
The only town defense for doing the same is "she wasn't reading gak and didn't want to admit to it" which...yeah, is a plausible story, but is *still* well worth attacking someone over it to try to get a read on the slot over it.

Why are you totally against that concept?
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #2398 (ISO) » Tue Apr 07, 2015 3:25 pm

Post by Thor665 »

In post 2396, zMuffinMan wrote:why are you voting ZZZX actually?

Because I think he's scum.

In post 2396, zMuffinMan wrote:he wasnt on your wagon or the fuzzy wagon

This is true.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #2399 (ISO) » Tue Apr 07, 2015 3:25 pm

Post by Thor665 »

Well, actually he was on my wagon for a time - he unvoted later.

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”