Newbie 1592: The Masquerade -- Game Over!

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #350 (ISO) » Sun Apr 19, 2015 12:28 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 348, pistachi0n wrote:Nero is also scummy, because he emphatically defended me when everyone else thought I was scum

Or I could have just you know, actually read your post the right way.
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
juckter
juckter
Goon
juckter
Goon
Goon

Post Post #351 (ISO) » Sun Apr 19, 2015 1:23 pm

Post by juckter »

Overall reads:

Nero - Town. I like him analyzing thoroughly before jumping on easy bandwagons.
Stab - Town, please post.
Xay - Town, awaiting your catchup.
Ilhom - Null, I don't like your Stab case, seems nonsensical to me. Please explain it like I'm 5.
Futan - Scumish, I didn't like your interactions with Stab either. Awaiting more content before giving a more thorough read. Was your initial vote on Stab based only on Ilhom's case?
pist - Scum, you have constanly been jumpy with your vote, pulling WIFOMs to explain why you shouldn't be regarded scummy at all. I'm not buying that anymore, you unvoted Stab and then voted him again within 10 posts for no apparent reason, then proceeded to say he was scum for saying you're incapable of commiting to an opinion (he's right, by the way).

UNVOTE: Futan
VOTE: pistachi0n
pistachi0n
pistachi0n
Mafia Scum
pistachi0n
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #352 (ISO) » Sun Apr 19, 2015 4:55 pm

Post by pistachi0n »

I didn't say he's scum for saying I'm incapable of committing to an opinion, I said he's scum for egging me on about it. The "I bet you'll vote on and off me three more times before the day is over."
Xayzeck
Xayzeck
Jack of All Trades
Xayzeck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #353 (ISO) » Sun Apr 19, 2015 5:33 pm

Post by Xayzeck »

In post 334, Nero Cain wrote:
In post 331, Xayzeck wrote:
In post 321, Nero Cain wrote:I don't like his posting today. I don't like how he moseyed onto the Stab wagon.

I can see the voting point, I don't see what's bad about his posting

Aren't those one in the same?

Futan's reaction to me calling him scum is much more muted then yesterday.

Nothing in his iso sticks out as scum besides the vote. Everything else is just, meh. I wouldn't call it scum, just unimpressionable
GMT+8
Xayzeck
Xayzeck
Jack of All Trades
Xayzeck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #354 (ISO) » Sun Apr 19, 2015 5:33 pm

Post by Xayzeck »

Does his ignoring of your scumread on him make him more scum?
GMT+8
Xayzeck
Xayzeck
Jack of All Trades
Xayzeck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #355 (ISO) » Sun Apr 19, 2015 5:36 pm

Post by Xayzeck »

In post 344, Ilhom wrote:fter reading that, understand that there is literally no reason as a town that you would want someone to get lynched before they have a chance to claim, but there is a reason for a mafia.

So let's say you're mafia, you outright say to town that you want to lynch this person whatever he claims, even if it's a PR.

Which alignment is more likely to say that, regardless whether they will get a claim?
GMT+8
Xayzeck
Xayzeck
Jack of All Trades
Xayzeck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #356 (ISO) » Sun Apr 19, 2015 5:39 pm

Post by Xayzeck »

VOTE: Futan

I can roll with this
GMT+8
Futan
Futan
Goon
Futan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #357 (ISO) » Sun Apr 19, 2015 7:44 pm

Post by Futan »

Mind pointing out my multiple posts where I reacted to you calling me scum?
insanity018
insanity018
Mafia Scum
insanity018
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #358 (ISO) » Sun Apr 19, 2015 7:52 pm

Post by insanity018 »

Votecount 2.7

Futan
(2): Nero Cain, Xayzeck
(L-2)

Stabulous
(2): Ilhom, pistachi0n
(L-2)

pistachi0n
(2): Stabulous, juckter
(L-2)

Not Voting
(1): Futan

With 7 alive, it takes 4 to lynch.

Deadline
: (expired on 2015-04-27 21:15:00)
Futan
Futan
Goon
Futan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #359 (ISO) » Sun Apr 19, 2015 7:52 pm

Post by Futan »

In post 351, juckter wrote:
Futan - Scumish, I didn't like your interactions with Stab either. Awaiting more content before giving a more thorough read. Was your initial vote on Stab based only on Ilhom's case?

Not at all. I didn't like his predecessors play, I didn't like Stab glossing over it
In post 146, Stabulous wrote:There is nothing remotely scummy about my predecessor, so stop pretending there is. The only thing he even did was make an RVS vote and then justify it by saying it was random

and I didn't like his
In post 258, Stabulous wrote:Why not try to lynch him before he can claim and make sure he flips?

His replies to all of that have lessened my scum read on him so I unvoted.
Stabulous
Stabulous
Goon
Stabulous
Goon
Goon

Post Post #360 (ISO) » Sun Apr 19, 2015 8:02 pm

Post by Stabulous »

Sorry. I really should have v/la'd this past weekend, I'll post tomorrow.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #361 (ISO) » Sun Apr 19, 2015 8:07 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 357, Futan wrote:

Mind pointing out my multiple posts where I reacted to you calling me scum?

not what I said, bro.
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

Futan
Futan
Goon
Futan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #362 (ISO) » Sun Apr 19, 2015 9:27 pm

Post by Futan »

In post 361, Nero Cain wrote:not what I said, bro.

Explain it to me then, I'm not sure I understand.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #363 (ISO) » Sun Apr 19, 2015 9:43 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

I said that your reaction is more muted, not that you didn't respond.

In post 211, Futan wrote:
In post 204, Nero Cain wrote:
scum is in here

Tetaes
Megalo
Ilhom
Futan

So scum is either on the wagon, or is the wagon.

Tetaes (4): Megalo, Ilhom, Stabulous, Futan (L-1)

In your view, who is doing the bussing here ?

like this post seems p forceful and has an air of a light kickback.

In post 325, Futan wrote:I still read yourself and Xay as town. Leaning town on Stab and Nero, although Nero seems to have it in for me.

here this just seems like a shrug.

Futan
Futan
Goon
Futan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #364 (ISO) » Sun Apr 19, 2015 11:09 pm

Post by Futan »

In post 363, Nero Cain wrote:I said that your reaction is more muted, not that you didn't respond.

like this post seems p forceful and has an air of a light kickback.

here this just seems like a shrug.

K. I wouldn't have said it was p forceful, I was genuinely interested in who you thought was bussing as everyone on your list was either on the wagon or the point of the wagon.

A shrug, yeah ok. Responding with 'OMG I'm Town, are you crazy' isn't alignment indicative.

My vote was lazy, I'll give you that. At that point I still had a scum lean on Stab from our previous 'interaction' and was happy to put a vote on him.

Him then coming out and saying whoever hammered before he posted was scummy was in direct contradiction to his post that we should vote off Tet before giving him a chance to post. Tet had some time limit placed on him to post, I think it was 24 hours, I was highlighting that 22 hours had past. I should have added a smiley. I'm not sure who I was supposed to be egging on, other than Stab.

The longer the game goes on, the slower it seems to get, the more meh I become.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #365 (ISO) » Mon Apr 20, 2015 11:53 am

Post by Nero Cain »

How am I supposed to tell if you are uninterested town and scum active lurking.

If you liked Stab's replies, who do you want dead and why?

Ilhom
Ilhom
Goon
Ilhom
Goon
Goon

Post Post #366 (ISO) » Mon Apr 20, 2015 5:13 pm

Post by Ilhom »

In post 355, Xayzeck wrote:
In post 344, Ilhom wrote:fter reading that, understand that there is literally no reason as a town that you would want someone to get lynched before they have a chance to claim, but there is a reason for a mafia.

So let's say you're mafia, you outright say to town that you want to lynch this person whatever he claims, even if it's a PR.

Which alignment is more likely to say that, regardless whether they will get a claim?

Him saying he would lynch a PR isn't my argument and I don't think it's something that is entirely alignment indicative, although I disagree with the play in most day 1 scenarios.

In post 351, juckter wrote:Overall reads:
Ilhom - Null, I don't like your Stab case, seems nonsensical to me. Please explain it like I'm 5.

insanity018
insanity018
Mafia Scum
insanity018
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #367 (ISO) » Tue Apr 21, 2015 12:06 am

Post by insanity018 »

Votecount 2.8 (unchanged)

Futan
(2): Nero Cain, Xayzeck
(L-2)

Stabulous
(2): Ilhom, pistachi0n
(L-2)

pistachi0n
(2): Stabulous, juckter
(L-2)

Not Voting
(1): Futan

With 7 alive, it takes 4 to lynch.

Deadline
: (expired on 2015-04-27 21:15:00)
juckter
juckter
Goon
juckter
Goon
Goon

Post Post #368 (ISO) » Tue Apr 21, 2015 4:36 am

Post by juckter »

Wow, so slow.

@Ilhom: Please state your reads other than Stab.
@Nero: Who do you think is likely to be scum other than Futan?
@Futan: Overall reads if possible.
Stabulous
Stabulous
Goon
Stabulous
Goon
Goon

Post Post #369 (ISO) » Tue Apr 21, 2015 9:28 am

Post by Stabulous »

It's been more than ten minutes pistachio, isn't this where you unvote me?

My read is confident enough that if I'm wrong I'm ready to say "gg scum". I don't think we can lynch anyone but pistachio today. Her pressure against me is miniscule because she's afraid of my pushing back. She votes people expecting them to roll over and get lynched, and when they push back she immediately pulls the pressure off. That's what her stuff at the beginning of the game was- she knew she was putting him at L-1 but she didn't want to commit to "that's right, you're at L-1, now prove you're town"- she was just hoping we would kind of give up and lynch him.

Her scumread on Nero is nonsense and I'm trying to figure out why she posted it. Maybe to look town, maybe to create a false association.

Pistachio, what do you think about Ilhom's pressure against me- given that your entire read of me is that I "egged you on", something that one would have a hard time justifying as alignment-indicative.
pistachi0n
pistachi0n
Mafia Scum
pistachi0n
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #370 (ISO) » Tue Apr 21, 2015 11:25 am

Post by pistachi0n »

In post 369, Stabulous wrote:It's been more than ten minutes pistachio, isn't this where you unvote me?

And you say *I* am putting pressure on *you?*

Again, egging me on. What exactly are you trying to accomplish, Stabulous? Honestly, the main reason I haven't unvoted you is because of your taunting.
pistachi0n
pistachi0n
Mafia Scum
pistachi0n
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #371 (ISO) » Tue Apr 21, 2015 11:29 am

Post by pistachi0n »

In post 369, Stabulous wrote:She votes people expecting them to roll over and get lynched, and when they push back she immediately pulls the pressure off

Yes, I have been wimpy. I will avoid that in future games. I started the game thinking it was scummy to be unwilling to change your mind, it was a mistake, I've said that before, blah blah blah.

I'm a vanilla townie, not that you guys will believe me. I made some mistakes and I don't know how I can redeem myself, please just lynch me and get it over with so I can join a new game and play better.
Stabulous
Stabulous
Goon
Stabulous
Goon
Goon

Post Post #372 (ISO) » Tue Apr 21, 2015 12:19 pm

Post by Stabulous »

In post 371, pistachi0n wrote:
I started the game thinking it was scummy to be unwilling to change your mind

But town doesn't care what looks scummy. For crying out loud said I would lynch a claimed doctor, I don't care if it looks scummy. One of the best case scenarios for a vanilla townie is that they find the scum, they say who it is, and they get lynched so everyone sees their post for the truth it is. It's different if you're a PR but you say you're not.

Why wouldn't you just replace out if you don't want to play anymore? Saying "ok fine lynch me" is playing against your win condition if you're town and rarely a successful defense if you're scum.

Also, why do you think you can't redeem yourself? You have some massive tunnel vision, I am the only person who is pushing hard for your lynch. Town is thinking about the entire gamestate- they have to win the game whether they get lynched or not- but scum has tunnel vision and is just afraid that they'll get lynched. I did exactly the same thing as scum in my first game here, Card Sharks if you want to look it up. Day 1 I had one person scumreading me so I blew a nightkill on them. Looking back it was nonsensical and I wasn't under much real pressure, but as scum I just couldn't see anything beyond "this person is voting for me oh god I'm gonna get lynched".
Stabulous
Stabulous
Goon
Stabulous
Goon
Goon

Post Post #373 (ISO) » Tue Apr 21, 2015 12:21 pm

Post by Stabulous »

In post 370, pistachi0n wrote:And you say *I* am putting pressure on *you?*

No, you're not, and it's about time you start!
pistachi0n
pistachi0n
Mafia Scum
pistachi0n
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #374 (ISO) » Tue Apr 21, 2015 12:29 pm

Post by pistachi0n »

In post 372, Stabulous wrote:why do you think you can't redeem yourself?

How can I convince you I'm not scum? Your argument earlier was that I was changing my vote too much and not sticking to commitments. Okay. So I'm voting for you. I think you're scum. I think you're scum because you're taunting me with comments like this. I think you're scum because you say you'd lynch a doctor if they seemed scummy. I think you're scum because Tatsuya voted someone because "my sense just told me."

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”