lalaladucks
a study in thread
a study in thread

Post Post #525 (ISO) » Tue Apr 21, 2015 8:02 pm

Post by lalaladucks »

In post 523, Elbirn wrote:
@YouknowwhoeverIguess

In post 446, lufan131 wrote:
In post 443, Katsuki wrote:Everyone's starting to realize (skimmed, and already saw points by Equinox, sakura and farside) how scummy AA's play is yet we still can't seem to get a wagon going...

IKR... They've all said how much they dislike how they play, yet still won't do anything about it.

Does no one else feel the fakeness radiating off of this post?

lol yes.

Don't feel like quotewalling anymore,

lalaladucks
lalaladucks
a study in thread
lalaladucks
a study in thread
a study in thread

Post Post #526 (ISO) » Tue Apr 21, 2015 8:05 pm

Post by lalaladucks »

Can I just get an indication of who actually agrees with the No Lynch plan?

I know Gaiden wants to NL.
I know I don't want to, Muffin doesn't want to.

Other people: Gaiden's NL plan - yay or nay?
Elbirn
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Content Aficionado

Post Post #527 (ISO) » Tue Apr 21, 2015 8:08 pm

Post by Elbirn »

In case I haven't made it clear I want Lufan dead today. I could also go for Sakura. Massive has done nothing today, if a "Well why the fuck not" wagon popped up on him I could go for it but I don't see anything specifically scummy aside from turbolurking the day away, and we have plenty of those lying around. Muffins...Where the hell is Muffins, he fell off the face of the earth. Muffins come back pls. Who the hell is TheBulge. Bulge, you should get in here too.

I will not lynch Equinox, RedCoyote, Lalaladucks, Farside22, Grapes, Glass, Albert B. Rampage, or SXTLHGaiden today.

It's 4 AM, I'm tired, I counted and there's 17 people in this game but I've only expressed an opinion on 12 and I can't for the life of me figure out who the other 5 are. I'm going to bed.
Sakura Hana
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #528 (ISO) » Tue Apr 21, 2015 8:08 pm

Post by Sakura Hana »

In post 518, Equinox wrote:8 hours is plenty of time, right? Right? Yes? Okay, let's do this now.

Well since ABR is busing lufan might as well help him bus
Unvote
Vote: lufan

Not really willing to explain my meta read to Elbirn again, despite me pointing it out in several of my posts that happened after...
I bloom in spring?
Please be nice to me.
Elbirn
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Content Aficionado

Post Post #529 (ISO) » Tue Apr 21, 2015 8:09 pm

Post by Elbirn »

In post 526, lalaladucks wrote:Can I just get an indication of who actually agrees with the No Lynch plan?

If we No Lynch, Lufan will live! And that will make the Elbirn very sad.
lalaladucks
lalaladucks
a study in thread
lalaladucks
a study in thread
a study in thread

Post Post #530 (ISO) » Tue Apr 21, 2015 8:23 pm

Post by lalaladucks »

In post 417, ArcAngel9 wrote:Sakura your reasoned to albert scum is different why farside reads him as scum. You're contradicting.. you should know this!!

Having different reasons to scumread someone isn't a contradiction...
AA, I feel like you aren't trying to do anything to figure the game out.
You said you wanted to determine your reads on all the players - but don't ask any questions.
Have your reads progressed at all since around this point?
Sakura Hana
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #531 (ISO) » Tue Apr 21, 2015 8:23 pm

Post by Sakura Hana »

In post 526, lalaladucks wrote:Can I just get an indication of who actually agrees with the No Lynch plan?

I really don't mind tbh, but i don't think there's enough support to go with it, besides, the more town controlled kills the better.
I bloom in spring?
Please be nice to me.
lalaladucks
lalaladucks
a study in thread
lalaladucks
a study in thread
a study in thread

Post Post #532 (ISO) » Tue Apr 21, 2015 8:26 pm

Post by lalaladucks »

In post 440, lufan131 wrote:Sorry I haven't been in this thread. I have stuff IRL, and forgot this one yesterday. I'm gonna catch up.

Did this not happen?
You didn't have any comments on all that's happened?
lufan131
lufan131
Goon
lufan131
Goon
Goon

Post Post #533 (ISO) » Tue Apr 21, 2015 11:44 pm

Post by lufan131 »

In post 532, lalaladucks wrote:
In post 440, lufan131 wrote:Sorry I haven't been in this thread. I have stuff IRL, and forgot this one yesterday. I'm gonna catch up.

Did this not happen?
You didn't have any comments on all that's happened?

No, I didn't. All I read was stuff that made me want to vote AA again, but I already had.
grapes
grapes
Mafia Scum
grapes
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #534 (ISO) » Wed Apr 22, 2015 12:54 am

Post by grapes »

Yea...I slept on it and this is probably our best lynch.

VOTE: luffy

ABR is town. Sakura is bussing. Tere is leaning scum. Lala and elbirn leaning town. Unsure on farside, massive and Glass. Katsuki knows full well how easy it is to push AA9s buttons. Even I know and I've only played one game with her. So to me it looks formulated and an attempt to distract everyone in the game. Which is actually working pretty well.

Normally the activity since yesterday would be a good indication that one of the wagons is on scum. But we need to remember that there's even more incentive for scum to keep as many off the lynch wagon and spread votes around because they want as many villagers with sin as possible to have a good number of options for who to kill. But that theory kinda falls to shit when you realize how pointless the last 5 pages were. -_-

At least for the most part.

@lufan - what are your general thoughts and feels on sakura, farside, katsuki and tere?
Katsuki
Katsuki
Cupcake
Katsuki
Cupcake
Cupcake

Post Post #535 (ISO) » Wed Apr 22, 2015 1:48 am

Post by Katsuki »

Ok this is getting somewhat ridiculous now.

I have absolutely nothing against AA, and this is not personal in the slightest. I suppose I could just suck it up and play along with this game of calling AA a she, but I see no reason to do so as I do not enjoy pretending that something is as when it is not.

I'm obviously not happy to see some of the things being said about me, but I still wish to respect the privacy of others, so I will PM you guys individually post-game. I may just replace out too, but honestly, you guys are a lot of fun to play with and this game has thus far been incredibly refreshing, as town I haven't played in what feels like a proper game of mafia in two years now.

So meanwhile, I hope you guys will not judge me prematurely, because there are things I feel are not appropriate to share in a public setting.
Fluffy fluffy~~~ |
"READING KATSUKI IS LIKE SOME SORT OF POSTMODERN ARTFORM"
- GreyICE
Katsuki is by far more absurdly beautiful than Fate. (hai parama)
Katsuki's Madness coming to you shortly: Nov, 2011!

C
u
p
c
a
k
e
M
a
f
i
a
I
I
coming to you summer 2011! ~ Pre-ins: 11/13
Katsuki
Katsuki
Cupcake
Katsuki
Cupcake
Cupcake

Post Post #536 (ISO) » Wed Apr 22, 2015 1:49 am

Post by Katsuki »

@RC: it was obvious scum posting and I can break down the elements of what was so scummy about it.

You should read some of the stuff equinox has said on AA with regards to his play though, it's not town motivated.
Fluffy fluffy~~~ |
- GreyICE

C
u
p
c
a
k
e
M
a
f
i
a
I
I
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #537 (ISO) » Wed Apr 22, 2015 1:51 am

Post by zMuffinMan »

lufan looks like a shittastic wagon tbh
spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #538 (ISO) » Wed Apr 22, 2015 1:52 am

Post by zMuffinMan »

slowly catching up

slowly

what's that i heard you say, cupcake? you want more walls? ok, i'll see what i can do
spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh
Katsuki
Katsuki
Cupcake
Katsuki
Cupcake
Cupcake

Post Post #539 (ISO) » Wed Apr 22, 2015 1:52 am

Post by Katsuki »

In post 519, Elbirn wrote:Jesus Christ you people can talk. I'm working on a post, for those of you who have asked me questions and/or think I'm being a lurksack. But wading through the past 10 pages of nonsense is gonna take time.

For the record Kat's push on AA9 is shitty, borderline offensive, and if I didn't want Lufan dead I'd be pushing for a policy lynch of him. Kat V AA9 flamewar is just destructive nonsense that is disrupting this town, and it's pretty fucking annoying. Kat, knock it off or replace out.

Hey.

Fuck you and have a nice day.
Fluffy fluffy~~~ |
- GreyICE

C
u
p
c
a
k
e
M
a
f
i
a
I
I
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #540 (ISO) » Wed Apr 22, 2015 4:05 am

Post by zMuffinMan »

In post 7, Equinox wrote:
Vote: Glass

What manner of role PM did you get that caused pirate mollie to replace out?

Also, RedCoyote, let's be masons together!

Initially I thought this to be a town post but it's not as town as I thought it was, upon reflection. The last line was probably something that Equinox planned to say regardless of alignment and the middle line is probably just a no-brainer comment to make in the early stages of the game.

In post 14, Elbirn wrote:@Equinox/Farside: What's the skinny on the Mollie replacement? Does she have a tendency to flake when she rolls scum, or what?

No, actually. Though one could argue she thinks she has such a bad scum game that she would replace out rather than be obvious and potentially let her teammates down, but I do not believe this is the case and the simpler solution for why she replaced out is that she had issues with at least one player in this player list. That player probably knows who they are so it's not a big deal.

In post 15, Sakura Hana wrote:

This is something i can get behind

I do not like this post. At all. Though I suppose it's an early-game post and she could just be doing it for wagon reasons, but the phrasing here just reads awkward to me.

In post 16, Sakura Hana wrote:Why instead not vote there and find that out?

I'm also not a huge fan of this line in the next post.

Well this whole post in general read like trying too hard to come across as casual analysis, but this line in particular stood out as trying to fit in, I guess... If that makes sense. Like it doesn't read natural to me in any way.

In post 18, farside22 wrote:
In post 14, Elbirn wrote:@Equinox/Farside: What's the skinny on the Mollie replacement? Does she have a tendency to flake when she rolls scum, or what?

Mollie hasn't replaced out pre game with me before.
I find it suspect that she replaced out when she did.
If we didn't like a player there was wotc.

If you look at her posting on ms she isn't busy or overwhelmed.

Those are my issue with Mollie.

This, at least, makes some sense as reasoning, though it's still an incredibly weak line of reasoning given I cannot actually recall a game where mollie ever replaced out pregame as either alignment, let alone replaced out as scum, but meh. At least it kind of makes sense if you squint really, really hard and kind of try to look at the ceiling and read it out of the corner of your eyes. Maybe.

I felt this was a vaguely town~ish post.

In post 26, zMuffinMan wrote:Awesome!
Now to play some mafia!
Got some scum hunting to do!
E... Earth is a really big place!
L... L... i'm too lazy to finish this... L for Lazy. L is for the way you look at me. whatever

:good:

Vote: cupcake

fakegod rejected my woto so i have to lynch him i guess

What an incredibly town post.

In post 29, lufan131 wrote:
In post 28, Glass wrote:@Elbirn
Do you subscribe to the idea submitted by farside in post 18? (ie. you find it suspect that mollie replaced out when she did).

If so, why do you think it is more likely that mollie would replace out as scum than as town?
Do you think Farside knows enough about Mollie to accurately deduce what would make her feel busy/overwhelmed?

@lufan
If it was Farside's post that piqued your interest, I would like your answers as well.

It was. He laid it out in an easier to understand way, and if both had the same reason, I decided to look.

In post 31, lufan131 wrote:A. I don't have meta on the player. I do believe that a role that would be harder to play could be a reason they dropped.

B. I don't, however believe he knows, but he has a good point.

Others:
Yeah. Looked at the player list history to see when/if they dropped.

These aren't amazing posts by any measure, but I do feel they are more likely to come from newb-town than newb-scum.

In post 34, SXTLHGaiden wrote:VOTE: No Lynch

In post 38, SXTLHGaiden wrote:cause no lynch is clearly superior

In post 41, SXTLHGaiden wrote:We no lynch until the Angel's kill doesn't go through.
Then the Angel claims and we are reduced to mountainous w/ a bulletproof IC who still has all the input of all the dead town.
We get no sin until then so the sin counter only goes up from that point.

This and later posts on the subject, even though I don't really agree with the theory behind it, didn't really feel like they were coming from a scum mindset. It's possible that, like me, it was something gaiden thought about pre-game and could have written as either alignment but eh, gaiden doesn't really seem the type to do that. Maybe. It's not super-strong but I feel like it's a bit more likely to come from town and is enough for an early town read.

In post 57, Sakura Hana wrote:Which reminds me
@Equinox: You were questioning lufan on his vote switch to Glass, while you are now voting Glass does this change your read on Glass from mollie's replace out? Do you think lufan's town/null/scum?

I suppose this could be a "creating information" type of post but the whole line of questioning here reads insincere - like, really? You've never questioned why someone joined a wagon you're on?

I dunno, I suppose if it were merely a line of questioning designed to create information, I would expect something slightly different in terms of phrasing or somethig.

In post 59, Sakura Hana wrote:
In post 56, zMuffinMan wrote:
In post 52, Glass wrote:@Gaiden
If only 1 kill goes through and somebody claims angel with a CC, how do you know which is the angel?

this is another issue with gaiden's plan

I'm actually thinking that Gaiden might be scum this game, but i'm not sure if he was just being honest with his plan or actually had ill intentions with it, i'll have to wait for him to post a bit more and see.

In post 61, Sakura Hana wrote:
In post 60, zMuffinMan wrote:i doubt he's scum

or if he is scum, that would have been a plan he thought up in pre-game, not some super scum mastermind plan

No if he's scum it wouldn't be because of the plan, but rather the plan was something that spawned with his no lynch vote, in fact the no lynch vote is what has got me questioning Gaiden's alignment.

In post 63, Sakura Hana wrote:One thing is Gaiden's the sort of aggresive lurkalot type of player, i find it rather odd that he's not itching to lynch someone, he'd be the last person i expect to come up with something like that.

OK. So here's what I most dislike about Sakura's early posts. It's the complete opposite reaction to what I had to gaiden's posts and I don't even think it really makes sense. Like, what malicious intent could there possibly be? It's a suggestion that no one might even follow, unless they too think it's a pro-town move. I don't really understand what the line about "something that spawned" is meant to be about. And I think this whole mild push here makes not a lot of sense.

Granted, my initial thought was, "meh, I'm not entirely sure Sakura-scum does this if gaiden is town because it's somewhat expected she gets the read right," but then I thought nah, it could just be something a la nacho-169 re:sakura and the read just doesn't make a lot of sense as it's been explained. I'm fully expecting Sakura to reverse the read for not-very-good-reasons at some point if this is the case. "Oh, I guess I was wrong, this is a town post" or something like that.

In post 67, Sakura Hana wrote:@zMuffinMan: Now that i remember you've been scum together with Gaiden before, is he the type of person to just roll with whatever or form some sort of startegy pre-game?

Also, this question to me just stands out as incredibly... bad. There's no other description for it. Other than the fact the two setups are nothing alike, I don't really see how any answer I give here could be of use unless gaiden did do some massive planning pregame that showed up in the main thread or something?

In post 69, farside22 wrote:Well I have about 4 town reads ill take it on page 3.

This felt vaguely town

In post 70, lalaladucks wrote:I've gathered that Muffin dislikes Cupcake (Katsuki) for some reason I guess, other than rivalry...
And mollie replacing out was very strange, yes - I'd initially thought maybe because she got town and thought it was boring so left..? But the others seem to think more likely she was scum? Idk, I haven't completed any games with her so I'm not sure what she prefers.

I don't like these lines. I feel like the mollie line in particular is too on-the-fence setting up for later options and the first line I can't really see any good reason to mention if it didn't go anywhere.

In post 72, Katsuki wrote:cupcakes are clearly superior

LAL.

Only scum lie.

There's no way in fuck this line could come from town.

In post 77, ArcAngel9 wrote:stuff

I'm not a fan of this post. It's long and doesn't say a lot.

Also, wall posts are awful and only scum wall.

In post 95, RedCoyote wrote:more stuff

Meh. It's slightly better than the last wall, I guess, but there are parts of this I don't like. The mollie thing, for example, just reads like someone softly supporting the push without actually taking a firm stance.

In post 100, lalaladucks wrote:Ah, I see you joined in 2008. Did you see when I joined?

I don't like this line. The rest of the post is rather meh, too, but it's not particularly alignment-indicative.

In post 101, grapes wrote:hi

VOTE: sakura

having a difficult time resonating with their posts

Vaguely town~ish feel fort his post, not just for the Sakura read but also just the entire phrasing here.

In post 105, Sakura Hana wrote:And Gaiden reacted in a way i didnt expect him to react to a read from me. Or rather a way i didnt expect town Gaiden to react to a read from me.

Meeeeeeeeeeeeeh

In post 110, Equinox wrote:As for your latter question, this one's going to be fun: I had a fairly good idea of why pirate mollie replaced out, and it was likely due to not this game but a recently completed game. I did not want to divulge the fact that such a reason existed so that I could read Glass and whomever decided to play bandwagon. Glass's behavior has seemed town.

I'm OK with this reasoning.

The rest of this post isn't bad, either. Vaguely town~ish.

Though I don't really agree that Glass's opening posts were town-looking. I'm kind of null on them, tbh.

In post 111, Sakura Hana wrote:Well probably sucks was the wrong definition, but i really dislike it when players use their inexperience as a defense when accused of not scumhunting/posting filler/lurking/etc.

Now I feel dirty thinking the same thing. Ew.

In post 112, SXTLHGaiden wrote:even if we don't do all the no lynches, i still think we should no lynch D1
it minimizes the number of sinning townies.

Actually, this isn't such a bad idea if you think we're actually going to hit the sin limit at some point, but I don't think it's necessary.

In post 115, SXTLHGaiden wrote:hahaha, i found a rules loophole that FG had to fix.
LOL

Sorta town.

In post 118, lalaladucks wrote:Okay, I've digressed a bit but that's my opinion of the wagon. It gained momentum very quickly, before Glass even posted at all. Some very interesting and noteable participation...

So, Equinox, your initial vote for Glass was a test to see who'd follow your lead and vote for Glass? Intriguing.

Part of me wants to read lala for, I guess... effort? But then I read lines like this and they're just... nothing. It's like all of the PBPA goes nowhere because the conclusion is simply that the wagon was interesting and some other stuff is intriguing. Interesting how? Intriguing how? What is the point of lines like this?

In post 121, Sakura Hana wrote:
In post 120, SXTLHGaiden wrote:so who are you lynching, i feel the need to accelerate the fun!
More Sin for Everybody!

And now you're being the gaiden i know, this is awkward.

Oh, right. I suppose this is the part I was predicting.

In post 122, grapes wrote:Coupled with the fact they deemed no lynching interesting and admitted to having a similar idea as gaiden at first.

I like and agree with this line.

I also felt this post was vaguely townish.

In post 125, lalaladucks wrote:lots of stuff

Ugh. More of the same; lots of stuff, no real conclusions.

In post 131, Tere wrote:zmuffin - I like how muffin approached sorting out what's best for this sin mod and his back and forth with gaidan.

Nothing I wrote in the early stages of the game was stuff I wouldn't have written as scum, for the record. Quite literally, all my thoughts on theory this game predate receiving my role PM. Also, this is something I would write as scum. As was that. And that. And that. And that. And that. And that. And so on and so forth.

That said, I don't mind this post as a whole, even though some of the reasoning is flawed.

In post 134, zMuffinMan wrote:i wish i had more time right now but i don't

so i'm just going to drop a vote on sakura and pretend i have really good reasons for it beyond little niggles with her posts here and there

Vote: Sakura

i really don't like the way she's entered this game

Why are you so town, you diamond in the rough?

In post 137, Sakura Hana wrote:
In post 122, grapes wrote:Felt wishy washy. Coupled with the fact they deemed no lynching interesting and admitted to having a similar idea as gaiden at first.

Why would that generate a scum read if they were more or less on the same wavelength at the start of the game?

Because that's not like Gaiden to do, also i didnt like his reaction to my read on him either, normally he'd only say that he's conftown when i town read him, not the opposite: http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.ph ... 5#p6306475 Example. There was also another game (or the same game but i can't find it) Where he said that if i say he's scum we should lynch him and if he still flips town on top of that then you should lynch me instead. However this game he's taken an approach of instead ignoring what i've said or my read on him, which made me think that he's scum and doesnt want to sacrifice himself.
In post 125, lalaladucks wrote:Wait, so because Gaiden suggested not lynching anyone, and you think he would usually want to lynch someone - that means Gaiden is scummy? Hmmmm.

Except I know Gaiden way more than you, he's also the reason why i hate people pulling the "newbie card".

Eh, I don't
really
mind the reasoning here. It's not particularly town but it's at least somewhat of an explanation.

That said, it's kind of... easy? I guess... Like this is something Sakura knows about her relationship with gaiden but she's not really considering other things while pushing it.

Also not a huge fan of the following line of questioning from Sakura.

In post 152, Sakura Hana wrote:This is totally going to bite me in the ass, and even if this is totally going to be a repeat of Saki mafia, and even me knowing that muffin's most likely town for being wrong on D1 i rather go here just in case.
Unvote
Vote: muffin

I don't even really know what to say about this.

There are so many levels on which this doesn't make sense.

In post 167, Albert B. Rampage wrote:ArcAngel is mod confirmed town. Luffan, on the other hand, is a serious vote.

I'm not entirely sure how I feel about this post. Part of me wants to call it town for the somewhat standoff-ish nature of it. Part of me wants to call it scum because it doesn't read genuine.

Meh. Meh.

In post 172, Sakura Hana wrote:But i don't see him scumhunting, the only thing remotely close to scumhunting he's done was saying he didn't like my entrance and then leaving to V/LA, any player can focus on setup spec, even scum.

So?

In post 178, Sakura Hana wrote:Addenum: While i dont mind you using really simplistic reasons to townread people, scumreading someone because you're townreading the person they are scumreading isn't entirely correct, you pushing this angle to scumread me is making me think you're scum as well, people can be wrong, yet you aren't seeing this as an option, and then your townread on muffin could very well be because you're scum partners and you want to defend him, now i'm even more interested in interacting with muffin.

Well, (a) you knew I was VLA at this point, so interacting with me wasn't going to happen, and (b) this is just a pretty bad post with pretty bad reasoning.

In post 186, The Bulge wrote:Hey all! I'm all caught up. Couple quick thoughts because I don't really do catchup posts.

Gaiden's no lynch plan is stupid, scum-sided, and over-cautious but I see nothing that makes me believe he is scum.

This may just be newbness, but lalala has made very long posts with lots of review and no actual analysis. This one in particular:
Spoiler: where is the analysis? it is a mystery
In post 118, lalaladucks wrote:
In post 111, Sakura Hana wrote:
In post 109, lalaladucks wrote:inexperience and some difficulty in early game stage ≠ sucks

Well probably sucks was the wrong definition, but i really dislike it when players use their inexperience as a defense when accused of not scumhunting/posting filler/lurking/etc. It always goes to the same thing, and it annoys me because more often than not, it gives scum tons of places to hide, which means while you could be legit be a newbie that really doesnt know what to do, you are as likely to be scum pretending that you dont know what to do.

You do have a point.
I'll try not to mention my newb-ness again.

Equinox wrote:

In post 70, lalaladucks wrote:And mollie replacing out was very strange, yes - I'd initially thought maybe because she got town and thought it was boring so left..? But the others seem to think more likely she was scum? Idk, I haven't completed any games with her so I'm not sure what she prefers.

What do you think of the people who pushed that wagon?

Well, it seems to me you started it with this:

Then farside hopped on with this:
In post 12, farside22 wrote:
Vote: glass

Mollie in, Mollie out after role pm.
:shifty:

Which wasn't particularly strange, I don't think. Just a second vote for the same person.

Here, in question form, Elbirn subtly propagates the idea that mollie could have recieved a scum role pm and thus replaced out.

In post 15, Sakura Hana wrote:

This is something i can get behind

Sakura merrily jumps on the wagon without explanation.

In post 18, farside22 wrote:

Mollie hasn't replaced out pre game with me before.
I find it suspect that she replaced out when she did.
If we didn't like a player there was wotc.

If you look at her posting on ms she isn't busy or overwhelmed.

Those are my issue with Mollie.

Not sure exactly what farside is implying here, whether mollie more likely got scum or town. I guess scum would make the most sense from this comment.

And then,
In post 20, Elbirn wrote:I'm not a hundred percent up to speed on your fancy lingo. I get wotc = wisdom of the crowds = can pm mod to request someone not play. Didn't the signup thread said mod would use "Wisdom of the one", and if yes, what's the difference?

Either way Mollie replacement is a better case than grapes. I mean, I love grapes. They're probably my second favorite fruit. And have you tried eating glass? It's not a fun time, I assure you. You'll be picking tiny shards out of your gums for weeks.

UNVOTE: Grapes
VOTE: Glass

Still RVS? Hmmmm. Elbirn's reason seems like RVS but the vote is more serious since it's the fourth for one player, and this was only 20 posts in. Looks like Elbirn is readily casting suspicion on Glass.

In post 22, lufan131 wrote:VOTE: Glass
I like this idea, of what role
could
it be?

Wow, fifth on the Glass wagon and I hadn't even come to the party! Did lufan actually not know the set up..? Could be playing dumb, I guess.

In post 27, lufan131 wrote:
In post 25, Equinox wrote:
In post 22, lufan131 wrote:VOTE: Glass
I like this idea, of what role
could
it be?

In post 24, lufan131 wrote:The first one was using a randomizer, now, you've piqued my intrest.

What specifically piqued your interest? The argument didn't change since before your randomized vote.

Reading a few other posts, and then I put 2 and 6 together. After waiting, I myself got curious, then.

This strikes me as a bit odd. It feels like Equinox had to ask lufan a few times why he switched to voting for Glass. Then, lufan's answer explains that he read "a few other posts" (I'm assuming that'd probably be some of the other ones I've quoted here - the votes/reasons for Glass wagon) and just joined the wagon because it "piqued [his] interest"

In post 29, lufan131 wrote:
In post 28, Glass wrote:@Elbirn
Do you subscribe to the idea submitted by farside in post 18? (ie. you find it suspect that mollie replaced out when she did).

If so, why do you think it is more likely that mollie would replace out as scum than as town?
Do you think Farside knows enough about Mollie to accurately deduce what would make her feel busy/overwhelmed?

@lufan
If it was Farside's post that piqued your interest, I would like your answers as well.

It was. He laid it out in an easier to understand way, and if both had the same reason, I decided to look.

Glass' question here was logical, lufan's answer not so much. It's worded strangely and doesn't elaborate much on why lufan placed the fifth vote on Glass.

Then Glass asks another question and lufan answers. Blah blah blah...

In post 32, zMuffinMan wrote:
In post 19, Katsuki wrote:Well, maybe she wasn't keeping a close eye on the signup thread and missed the chance to WOTC someone.

that or she doesn't like woto as a concept and would rather replace out than cause strife with a woto

she could be scum as well, but i doubt it's why she replaced out

MuffinMan strikes again. Rather than just hopping on the wagon he voices reasons/speculations.

In post 33, Katsuki wrote:Who knows. She recently replaced out of other games too so it may be a sitewide thing.

Lets lynch AA first, then I will discuss what our optimal strat this game is.

Kat chimes in with some gibberish :lol:
Doesn't join wagon, continues pushing to get ArcAngel lynch (not sure why).
In post 35, Katsuki wrote:After AA thanks.

We've got one lynch to burn.

Vendetta?

Okay, I've digressed a bit but that's my opinion of the wagon. It gained momentum very quickly, before Glass even posted at all. Some very interesting and noteable participation...

So, Equinox, your initial vote for Glass was a test to see who'd follow your lead and vote for Glass? Intriguing.

Was that fluff or did it seem more substantial? I hope the latter cause it took me a while to write :igmeou:

UNVOTE: ArcAngel9

I mean this post has absolutely nothing in it. And then Tere goes on to call it a "decent attempt at wagon analysis".

In post 131, Tere wrote:
laladucks - while I hated her initial intro and the don't hurt me I'm a newbie routine, and while reading through I thought I'd place a vote for sure, I thought was a decent attempt at wagon analysis and I liked her poke at AA at . The teasing looks relaxed too. Better.

Gurl that's not analysis. That's a tl;dr of the thread.

I think that's about it for catchup stuff? Early in my reading I wanted to lynch Elbirn but I'll go look at that again and maybe just hold onto it until I see more.

Hm, I don't really disagree with the analysis here but the complete lack of stances makes it not much different to lalala, which is kind of ironic given the criticism.

In post 200, RedCoyote wrote:I'm going to be honest, I won't vote for someone I don't think is scum. Period.

Then you're just dumb. All that would theoretically do is hurt town because if the player was going to be lynched, he's still going to be lynched regardless of your vote and your stance is just bad for the overall sin factor.

Like. It's just dumb. Maybe in some other game it would make sense but not in this one.

In post 200, RedCoyote wrote:Bingo. This is what I wanted to see from right off the bat, not the half-assed "what does no lynch do???" crap. I'm worried that it took my poking at you to get this out of you, but I'm glad it came out.

What...? How incredibly weak was your reasoning if was the reason for our nvote. Wow.

In post 200, RedCoyote wrote:More newbie card playing. Dislike this.

But... Obviously not enough to revote...

What am I reading here?

You don't vote gaiden, either, despite expressing concerns about him.

In post 203, Elbirn wrote:
In post 122, grapes wrote:
In post 114, Elbirn wrote:What even is this

A scum read.

On that note do you happen to have any of your own? You seem content so far putting most of you energy into speculating why mollie replaced out. Which at the end of the day is wifom..

Yes but a scumread based on what? All you said in that post was that her posts "don't resonate with you", and not only am I not hip to your jive, but whatever that means, it seems to be quite lacking in substance. It's just "I don't like their posts" without any reasoning, and it struck me as odd. Your above quoted post elaborates on this however, so we kewl.

Do I have any scumreads? Not really. I've found that I'm pretty terrible at scumhunting, so I'm trying to townhunt instead. So far Equinox, Muffin, and Gaiden are town.

If you were to put a gun to my head and demand scumreads, I'd say that Katsuki isn't looking good so far. ISO him/her, it's all either trying to lynch AA for some indiscernible reason, or fluff. Lufan is likewise pretty much no content yet high posts. And I liked what you had to say about Sakura.

As for that Mollie comment, that's not what WIFOM is, and I think it's kinda crappy to try to discredit a line of thought with buzzwords. Do you not think that the Mollie replace out is noteworthy?

None of Elbirn's posts have made me feel one way or the other about him so far, and this post isn't a whole lot different. I don't know what it is exactly but I guess it's because there's no real rocking the boat.

That said, I don't really understand the Elbirn scum reads that have been expressed thus far.

In post 242, massive wrote:
In post 198, Sakura Hana wrote:You know what, nevermind, i don't want to turn this into Semantics War II: The return of Bulge vs Sakura

Is it important that you not interact with Bulge? Do you think semantics are something that shouldn't be discussed in general?

I'm still working on distinguishing people apart. Too many similar userpics.

I don't really like this post. This is what? massive's second post? And this is all it is.

Meh. I'm high on something and I don't quite know what it is. I get up in 5 hours to get high on something else. Yay hospitals.

Continuing some time tomorrow. Give me your tears, cupcake. Your tears make me stronger.
massive
massive
Mafia Scum
massive
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #541 (ISO) » Wed Apr 22, 2015 4:36 am

Post by massive »

Surprises me that you can't identify my town game after Serum & Steel II.
"1AM .. not a good time to think I started mixing massive and mathcam" - Totem, DP8
"unvote mlaker; vote massive; It's like MeMe/mneme and Corsato/Cadmium" - Dragon Phoenix, Newbie 38
PLEASE NOTE: I actively avoid being online on weekends! Don't replace me just because of this!
massive
massive
Mafia Scum
massive
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #542 (ISO) » Wed Apr 22, 2015 5:07 am

Post by massive »

In post 504, RedCoyote wrote:So your meta is her acting this way as town and you are voting her... can you say scumslip? :/

Very clearly I asked if this was in line with other people's experiences. And never mind the possible difference between starting a game and replacing into it. AND never mind that my question went unanswered and so provided no additional information. AND never mind that the quote clearly says I saw ATE in 1 of the 2 games I played with her.

Scum misrep? Or reading comprehension failure?
"1AM .. not a good time to think I started mixing massive and mathcam" - Totem, DP8
"unvote mlaker; vote massive; It's like MeMe/mneme and Corsato/Cadmium" - Dragon Phoenix, Newbie 38
PLEASE NOTE: I actively avoid being online on weekends! Don't replace me just because of this!
ArcAngel9
ArcAngel9
Jack of All Trades
ArcAngel9
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #543 (ISO) » Wed Apr 22, 2015 5:40 am

Post by ArcAngel9 »

In post 500, massive wrote:
In post 395, ArcAngel9 wrote:I asked what everyone think of massive and nobody replies. He hasn't done anything so far expect he placed his vote on my wagon with no reason which is very scummy.

I mean, you can go ahead and say "OMGUS." It's pretty obvious to everybody else.

Somewhere on P18 ABR became obvtown.

I am not scum reading you becuz you're scum reading. In that case, I should be scum reading a whole lot of players in this game. I am scum reading you because your actions are the most scummy I felt than anyone at this moment. You jumped into my wagon in a very opportunist way, you have no good reads, your contribution and posts look very fake.

In post 504, RedCoyote wrote:

AA9 328 wrote:its not like grape is dying. I still haven't have strong scummy read to move my vote yet.

Do you read lufan and Elbrin as town?

No. I don't read lufan as town but in other hand I don't read him scum as well. His wagon looks so easy and seems like a mislynch. And I haven't sorted Elbrin yet. I am just very confused about him

In post 507, Glass wrote:@ABR
Did you miss my question or ignore it on purpose?

AA wrote:
who are they?
what do you think of my wagon?

massive, lufan, you, RC, grapes, katsuki
I think your wagon is fine, but I would rather lynch Elbirn.

Why do you want o lynch Elbrin?

In post 530, lalaladucks wrote:
In post 417, ArcAngel9 wrote:Sakura your reasoned to albert scum is different why farside reads him as scum. You're contradicting.. you should know this!!

Having different reasons to scumread someone isn't a contradiction...
AA, I feel like you aren't trying to do anything to figure the game out.
You said you wanted to determine your reads on all the players - but don't ask any questions.
Have your reads progressed at all since around this point?

No you're wrong. the last day phase really helped me to have some strong reads over many players. It helped me to improve my town reads...
I add Equinox, you in to my town pool.
I
n
a
t
i
m
e
o
f
a
n
c
i
e
n
t
g
o
d
s
w
a
r
l
o
r
d
s
a
n
d
k
i
n
g
s
a
l
a
n
d
i
n
t
u
r
m
o
i
l
c
r
i
e
d
o
u
t
f
o
r
a
h
e
r
o
S
h
e
w
a
s
X
e
n
a
a
m
i
g
h
t
y
p
r
i
n
c
e
s
s
f
o
r
g
e
d
i
n
t
h
e
h
e
a
t
o
f
b
a
t
t
l
e
T
h
e
p
o
w
e
r
t
h
e
p
a
s
s
i
o
n
t
h
e
d
a
n
g
e
r
H
e
r
c
o
u
r
a
g
e
w
i
l
l
c
h
a
n
g
e
t
h
e
w
o
r
l
d
-
Xena Warrior Princess, Coming Soon!!
Sakura Hana
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #544 (ISO) » Wed Apr 22, 2015 6:04 am

Post by Sakura Hana »

I feel drained after all that arguing with ABR and AA9, I can't... really muster up any strength to reply to muffin at a point per point now, nor to argue anymore against the people scumreading me.
@muffin: I'm just gonna say one thing, you're wrong, and if you can't see that yet, then nothing i will ever do this game will convince you otherwise.
I bloom in spring?
Please be nice to me.
ArcAngel9
ArcAngel9
Jack of All Trades
ArcAngel9
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #545 (ISO) » Wed Apr 22, 2015 6:15 am

Post by ArcAngel9 »

Am sorry we had to go through that yesterday Sakura and I didn't enjoy that either. And to be honest, It was very hard for me to argue over things that weren't even related to game. I no longer care nor I have time to go over unrelated stuff as they did personally hurt me yesterday. I rather want to focus on game in scum hunting...

So tell me honestly, Do you scum read me because ABR reads me town for illogical reason?
I
n
a
t
i
m
e
o
f
a
n
c
i
e
n
t
g
o
d
s
w
a
r
l
o
r
d
s
a
n
d
k
i
n
g
s
a
l
a
n
d
i
n
t
u
r
m
o
i
l
c
r
i
e
d
o
u
t
f
o
r
a
h
e
r
o
S
h
e
w
a
s
X
e
n
a
a
m
i
g
h
t
y
p
r
i
n
c
e
s
s
f
o
r
g
e
d
i
n
t
h
e
h
e
a
t
o
f
b
a
t
t
l
e
T
h
e
p
o
w
e
r
t
h
e
p
a
s
s
i
o
n
t
h
e
d
a
n
g
e
r
H
e
r
c
o
u
r
a
g
e
w
i
l
l
c
h
a
n
g
e
t
h
e
w
o
r
l
d
-
Xena Warrior Princess, Coming Soon!!
Sakura Hana
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #546 (ISO) » Wed Apr 22, 2015 6:26 am

Post by Sakura Hana »

In post 545, ArcAngel9 wrote:So tell me honestly, Do you scum read me because ABR reads me town for illogical reason?

At first yes, tho later on i thought it might be more of ABR just buddying or trying to associate himself with you. Because i found it awkward that anyone at all would be townreading ABR, but as i said before, it's possible for people to be wrong, and i still don't like ABR's play because his reasons look like some sort of backwater island reasoning, and him being so certain Lufan will flip scum and trying to link him with me is what made me think he's busing.
I bloom in spring?
Please be nice to me.
Elbirn
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Content Aficionado

Post Post #547 (ISO) » Wed Apr 22, 2015 6:41 am

Post by Elbirn »

In post 540, zMuffinMan wrote:
In post 200, RedCoyote wrote:I'm going to be honest, I won't vote for someone I don't think is scum. Period.

Then you're just dumb. All that would theoretically do is hurt town because if the player was going to be lynched, he's still going to be lynched regardless of your vote and your stance is just bad for the overall sin factor.

Like. It's just dumb. Maybe in some other game it would make sense but not in this one.

...I'm thinking about it, and this part only makes sense if RedCoyote was scum and left the voting to townies to gain sin. If RedCoyote is town, thennnn him being on the wagon or off the wagon still results in the same amount of town sin. This post presumes a scum-RedCoyote. Is there something you know that we don't, Muffin?
lufan131
lufan131
Goon
lufan131
Goon
Goon

Post Post #548 (ISO) » Wed Apr 22, 2015 8:23 am

Post by lufan131 »

So... am I hammered or at L-1?
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #549 (ISO) » Wed Apr 22, 2015 9:08 am

Post by Albert B. Rampage »

All I know is that when I overthink things, I second guess myself into a mislynch when I made all the correct assumptions to begin with. Let's ride this out and let the chips fall where they may.
Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”