UK Meet 2015 Invitational (Game Over)

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Tammy
Tammy
Survivor
Tammy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #500 (ISO) » Sat Jul 18, 2015 4:52 pm

Post by Tammy »

In post 466, ChannelDelibird wrote:Why is Nexus so town to you that he's not in your plausible scumteams? My first instinct coming into Today was to doubt my biggest reads, though Tammy/Elmo is necessarily my most likely pair now, especially after your claim.

If their claim reads town to you, and you've had nexus as a town read all game, and from your perspective it's me/Elmo, then why are you concerned about their town read on nexus?
I am in the top 90% of scumhunters onsite!
Tammy
Tammy
Survivor
Tammy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #501 (ISO) » Sat Jul 18, 2015 5:03 pm

Post by Tammy »

In post 482, Nexus wrote:Yes.

Basically I'm paranoid about everything. I'm paranoid about the fact you're still alive. I'm paranoid about the fact CDB is still hard townreading me, although the fact he's kept it up to today makes me slightly less paranoid.

I need to do a genuine, honest to god re-read, and I will do it on Saturday.

Do you think scum cdb would be likely to change his mind on you today after town reading you so hard all game?
Tammy
Tammy
Survivor
Tammy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #502 (ISO) » Sat Jul 18, 2015 5:11 pm

Post by Tammy »

In post 313, Elmo wrote:Oh, more things. I'd definitely take a Nexus lynch over a Shanba lynch. CDB's read of him still weirds me out, though.

You say that you'd take a nexus lynch over a shanba lynch, but you never voted for nexus and in your previous post you're voting for cdb.

Do you think they're scum together? (I know you previously thought this), but if so why not push the cdb lynch harder?
Tammy
Tammy
Survivor
Tammy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #503 (ISO) » Sat Jul 18, 2015 5:26 pm

Post by Tammy »

It's getting late and I have some other things to do. Tomorrow I want to read through isos and see if I can parse something out. This is a weird sor of lylo so far and I don't know what to make of it.
Ampersand
Ampersand
Goon
Ampersand
Goon
Goon

Post Post #504 (ISO) » Sun Jul 19, 2015 9:37 am

Post by Ampersand »

I'd especially like it if Elmo and CDb posted a bit more.

In post 261, Elmo wrote:I briefly reread Primate and it didn't help much, the only thing I remember about forum Primate is he had an odd/lurky playstyle..

Do you remember what prompted you to re-read Primate, Elmo?
The ampersand, rather than the heart, is the true symbol of love.

Hydra of Cogito Ergo Sum and Fenchurch.
Nexus
Nexus
He
miss
Nexus
He
miss
miss
Pronoun: He

Post Post #505 (ISO) » Sun Jul 19, 2015 10:27 am

Post by Nexus »

...fuck

Tomorrow, after work.

Sorry.
Trans rights are human rights.
Elmo
Elmo
Mafia Scum
Elmo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #506 (ISO) » Sun Jul 19, 2015 12:27 pm

Post by Elmo »

In post 486, Ampersand wrote:Elmo - where are you at right now?
While I do owe Porochaz a due diligence reread, I do think you're town and I doubt that'd change much if I ever got around to rereading.
I still think it's CDB, partly due to PoE and partly because for a while Nexus has done pretty much the opposite of his stated reason for the town read but he hasn't even questioned it. I'm not sure exactly what it means but there's something unnatural about it.
Nexus doesn't look great (his reaction to Prozac's claim is still on my mind), and since he was so focussed on Porochaz I've been waiting on his reread for a while. However, I assume CDB has some skill at reading Nexus since three people seem to acknowledge it (Nexus, CDB, CES?) so he's less likely to be scum unless it's with CDB. The game where CDB bussed him was a 24p large, and I haven't read it closely but it seemed he didn't do a great (or loud) job of spelling out his reasoning; the wagon didn't go anywhere and Nexus only ended up dead due to the vig. I think CDB'd have a harder time getting away with that kind of half-measures play in this game, and it seems a lot riskier to Day 1 bus your only buddy vs one of 4. My gut feeling is that the interactions do seem to feel more like CDB buddying town-Nexus who finds it disconcerting but can't realistically argue against it since his play makes him pretty vulnerable without it. The alternative buddy would be Primate/Tammy, and Primate was pretty much a blank for me - what he posted was pretty unobjectionable but limited, which might otherwise be scummy but seemed fairly well explained by playstyle. I remember thinking it was weird that CDB had a strong town read on Primate - he's actually had quite a few town reads, now I think of it. The one point in Tammy's favour was her replace-in post which I thought was townish.

In post 296, ChannelDelibird wrote:I thought Primate was pretty solidly town throughout for just general stuff (I've obviously been distracted, so I don't really remember much of how it formed other than that he just struck me as town).
This is some premium waffle and what tips it towards CDB/Tammy for me. In fact, please nail his ass to the wall on this.

I would say CDB/Tammy > CDB/Nexus >> Tammy/Nexus > Ampersand/anyone. But the first two could switch depending on what Tammy/Nexus post today.
Basically, if Nexus is town, it's CDB/Tammy and if Nexus is scum it's CDB/Nexus.

In post 502, Tammy wrote:You say that you'd take a nexus lynch over a shanba lynch, but you never voted for nexus and in your previous post you're voting for cdb. Do you think they're scum together? (I know you previously thought this), but if so why not push the cdb lynch harder?
I think I'd said everything I had on CDB and it didn't seem to take off. I intended to move my vote if something did, but it didn't and I turned out not to be around in any case. I might have done more cheerleading for CDB if I had.

In post 504, Ampersand wrote:Do you remember what prompted you to re-read Primate, Elmo?
I think it was Shanba saying some of Primate's posts, plural, pinged for him, but only brought up one post that I could see.

Mod, please replace me
. Sorry folks, I'm enjoying this but it's increasingly clear that I have too much on my plate right now.
Succinctness is pro-town.

Passion is inversely proportional to the amount of real information available. ~ Gregory Benford
Tammy
Tammy
Survivor
Tammy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #507 (ISO) » Sun Jul 19, 2015 6:33 pm

Post by Tammy »

Bye Elmo :(

Hopefully someone readable will replace in.
Patrick
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Rantbuddy

Post Post #508 (ISO) » Sun Jul 19, 2015 7:55 pm

Post by Patrick »

Bookitty replaces Elmo.
Primpod 11:13 pm
chamber can you please come to ukmeet
i would love to finally touch your face
Bookitty
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #509 (ISO) » Mon Jul 20, 2015 2:42 am

Post by Bookitty »

Hi everyone! I'll be reading through the game today. <3
"Oh, you can't help that," said the Cat: "we're all mad here. I'm mad. You're mad."
"How do you know I'm mad?" said Alice.
"You must be," said the Cat, "or you wouldn't have come here."
Ampersand
Ampersand
Goon
Ampersand
Goon
Goon

Post Post #510 (ISO) » Mon Jul 20, 2015 9:44 am

Post by Ampersand »

That last Elmopost makes me feel much better.

Currently leaning towards CDB-Tammy as the scum team, partly because I think Elmo & Nexus look townier than those two and partly because the interactions from Tammy's slot (Primate pushing CDb weakly and then quickly letting it go when he could and Tammy seemed to be half-town reading CDb in and just based on association more than anything).

That would mean hito was probably killed moreso over his suspicion of Primate than anything else (Fenchurch pointed out to me that it's unlikely scum were worried about protective roles if they had a reflexive doctor) but that seems plausible enough to me - we weren't pushing either of them and I got the impression CDb wasn't that active over night.

Nexus
Nexus
He
miss
Nexus
He
miss
miss

Post Post #511 (ISO) » Mon Jul 20, 2015 9:48 am

Post by Nexus »

Looked through Elmo's ISO. Like what I see.
Nexus
Nexus
He
miss
Nexus
He
miss
miss

Post Post #512 (ISO) » Mon Jul 20, 2015 9:48 am

Post by Nexus »

Will provide examples later. Gonna take a brief look at CDB
ChannelDelibird
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
Card Czar
Pronoun: He/they

Post Post #513 (ISO) » Mon Jul 20, 2015 11:40 am

Post by ChannelDelibird »

Oh ffs I completely forgot about this. Hang on
#greenshirtthursdays
ChannelDelibird
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
Card Czar

Post Post #514 (ISO) » Mon Jul 20, 2015 11:41 am

In post 500, Tammy wrote:
In post 466, ChannelDelibird wrote:Why is Nexus so town to you that he's not in your plausible scumteams? My first instinct coming into Today was to doubt my biggest reads, though Tammy/Elmo is necessarily my most likely pair now, especially after your claim.

If their claim reads town to you, and you've had nexus as a town read all game, and from your perspective it's me/Elmo, then why are you concerned about their town read on nexus?

Because questions are healthy. I can find their claim highly plausible and still want to check up on anything that looks weird.
#greenshirtthursdays
ChannelDelibird
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
Card Czar

Post Post #515 (ISO) » Mon Jul 20, 2015 11:43 am

In post 506, Elmo wrote:I still think it's CDB, partly due to PoE and partly because for a while Nexus has done pretty much the opposite of his stated reason for the town read but he hasn't even questioned it. I'm not sure exactly what it means but there's something unnatural about it.

I've addressed the fact that Nexus tends to tail off. Nothing about his play in this game deviates from what I'd expect of him as town.
#greenshirtthursdays
ChannelDelibird
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
Card Czar

Post Post #516 (ISO) » Mon Jul 20, 2015 11:44 am

VOTE: Tammy
#greenshirtthursdays
ChannelDelibird
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
Card Czar

Post Post #517 (ISO) » Mon Jul 20, 2015 11:44 am

Hi Bookie!
#greenshirtthursdays
ChannelDelibird
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
Card Czar

Post Post #518 (ISO) » Mon Jul 20, 2015 11:48 am

I am not completely 100% ready to say that Ampersand are definitively town but I'm ready to say it about Nexus, and I really don't see a scumgroup not including Tammy. I'm concerned about what happens Tomorrow as, whichever of the two is the buddy, I'm being set up as the final lynch, but those of you who still think it's me/Tammy can at least get half the job done now and we'll figure out changing minds as we go.
#greenshirtthursdays
ChannelDelibird
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
Card Czar

Post Post #519 (ISO) » Mon Jul 20, 2015 11:49 am

In post 512, Nexus wrote:Will provide examples later. Gonna take a brief look at CDB

Assuming we lynch Tammyscum, you're almost certainly dead Tomorrow. I need you to get past the paranoia and actually seriously read me before the end of the Day.
#greenshirtthursdays
ChannelDelibird
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
Card Czar

Post Post #520 (ISO) » Mon Jul 20, 2015 11:49 am

EBWOP: *dead Tonight
#greenshirtthursdays
Tammy
Tammy
Survivor
Tammy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #521 (ISO) » Mon Jul 20, 2015 3:36 pm

Post by Tammy »

I find it really concerning that cdb comes in here and sees that he's being paired with me on partnerships and immediately votes me. It makes me think he definitely is scum because I think town him who was supposedly going to reread his biggest town reads today, but then found reasons not to decided to make a hail mary push against me because as long as the day doesn't end with a cdb lynch then he'll win.

Lynching me will do nothing but hand scum the win and it feels like he's doing it to save himself. He'll probably "forget" about this game again and won't check in to even unvote, but whatever. If I'm not hammered in the morning that just means he's definitely scum, so I guess that will be nice to know.
Ampersand
Ampersand
Goon
Ampersand
Goon
Goon

Post Post #522 (ISO) » Mon Jul 20, 2015 8:10 pm

Post by Ampersand »

Wasn't expecting a vote that soon.

I'm with CES, for what it's worth. Thinking back I think both CDB and Tammy-Primate's play has been more within the parameters of their respective scum games, than Nexus or Elmo.

I think CDB has been lacking in emotional reactions throughout the game that I would expect from him as town. Tammy-Primate is closer to null, but I think she would look townier as town. I think Nexus and Elmo have both done things that are more than I would expect from them as scum - higher engagement, more unusual insights into the game. I've been bothered about Nexus because of the hito-kill, and because he's been significantly wrong in some things (e.g. continued 'paranoia' on us, failure to explain himself) but the more I think on that, I think I've seen plenty of townies play this way and have incorrect reads on me in forum games (Poro being a recent example), so these things are probably not alignment indicative.

- Fenchurch

PS: Hi Bookitty!

Ampersand
Ampersand
Goon
Ampersand
Goon
Goon

Post Post #523 (ISO) » Mon Jul 20, 2015 8:11 pm

Post by Ampersand »

In post 519, ChannelDelibird wrote:Assuming we lynch Tammyscum, you're almost certainly dead Tomorrow. I need you to get past the paranoia and actually seriously read me before the end of the Day.

CDB, what makes you say that Nexus would be the kill tonight? Also, why are you only appealing to Nexus here and nobody else?

- Fenchurch

Ampersand
Ampersand
Goon
Ampersand
Goon
Goon

Post Post #524 (ISO) » Mon Jul 20, 2015 8:26 pm

Post by Ampersand »

I forgot to say, in conjunction with my thought that Nexus' willingness to scumread us doesn't make him scum himself, I think that CDB's townread on us might be another indicator of him as scum.

If he is in a situation where he basically gets to 'choose' his reads, I can imagine him opting for townreads on both us and Nexus, because I think we would both rail against it quite hard if he was incorrect, and that would make for a more difficult game for him. Townreading the both of us feels like the 'safe' play.

- Fenchurch

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”