GrayFoxxxx
GrayFoxxxx
Mafia Scum
GrayFoxxxx
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #875 (ISO) » Thu Jul 23, 2015 4:07 pm

Post by GrayFoxxxx »

Me and bulb hadn't communicated directly for close to 2 hours. Before he started his wierd talk.

In fact when he says "you forgot about me" it was right after a post Shaz made.
GrayFoxxxx
GrayFoxxxx
Mafia Scum
GrayFoxxxx
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #876 (ISO) » Thu Jul 23, 2015 4:08 pm

Post by GrayFoxxxx »

This is textbook flailing.
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
That's Not All, Folks!

Post Post #877 (ISO) » Thu Jul 23, 2015 4:27 pm

Post by Boonskiies »

I'd like to talk about the Mario slot too that's going on with Anna/Shazam; I have nothing I find scummy from Dom's play either, and would probably have Dom as super super town if it wasn't for the Mario slot.
"Let it be known that almost everything Boonskiies said is either hilarious or annoying." - Shinobi

Yes, I'm
Flavor Leaf
. That's my main; I just mod on
Boonskiies
Kublai Khan
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Khan Man

Post Post #878 (ISO) » Thu Jul 23, 2015 4:40 pm

Post by Kublai Khan »

Dropping an update. I've got time on my hands. I just re-read through half the game and will finish tomorrow morning.
Occasionally intellectually honest

Black Lives Matter
Get vaccinated
Annarchy
Annarchy
Goon
Annarchy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #879 (ISO) » Thu Jul 23, 2015 4:45 pm

Post by Annarchy »

In post 868, pisskop wrote:why is bulba town?

you're going to hate this, but it's mostly meta. I have three notes of posts that I read Bulba town in, and my explanation for all three of them is simply "meta." look at any game bulba has played and you will notice that his actions here totally line up with his town actions

more specifically, comparing his scum game to his town game, there are very distinct differences. I've found that he gives genuine, confident reads as town, while as scum, he plays a little more defensive with little thought given to reads.

I believe 213 is an example of town-bulba. so is 255 where he gives reads on everyone. in particular his read on Stubbs looks genuine to me - as scum I think he would run with a scumread based on what he said there.
and then there are a bunch of little things that give me a gut townread on Bulba. little comments that he just wouldn't bother to make as scum.
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
That's Not All, Folks!

Post Post #880 (ISO) » Thu Jul 23, 2015 4:55 pm

Post by Boonskiies »

In post 879, Annarchy wrote:

you're going to hate this, but it's mostly meta. I have three notes of posts that I read Bulba town in, and my explanation for all three of them is simply "meta." look at any game bulba has played and you will notice that his actions here totally line up with his town actions

more specifically, comparing his scum game to his town game, there are very distinct differences. I've found that he gives genuine, confident reads as town, while as scum, he plays a little more defensive with little thought given to reads.

I believe 213 is an example of town-bulba. so is 255 where he gives reads on everyone. in particular his read on Stubbs looks genuine to me -
as scum I think he would run with a scumread based on what he said there.

and then there are a bunch of little things that give me a gut townread on Bulba. little comments that he just wouldn't bother to make as scum.

is this an Anna scumslip?
"Let it be known that almost everything Boonskiies said is either hilarious or annoying." - Shinobi

Yes, I'm
Flavor Leaf
. That's my main; I just mod on
Boonskiies
Shazam
Shazam
Goon
Shazam
Goon
Goon

Post Post #881 (ISO) » Thu Jul 23, 2015 5:03 pm

Post by Shazam »

In post 880, Boonskiies wrote:

I believe 213 is an example of town-bulba. so is 255 where he gives reads on everyone. in particular his read on Stubbs looks genuine to me -

No. That's clearly not what that means. You're trying too hard.

@Annarchy
Meta aside, what traditionally scummy things would Bulb have to do for him to be scum in your eyes? Don't you think that if he can get away with what he did already, he can get away with anything? There comes a point at which we must stop making excuses for someone because we think they're bad. Otherwise, bad players will always win as mafia.
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #882 (ISO) » Thu Jul 23, 2015 5:20 pm

Post by implosion »

In post 852, WoodyWoodpecker wrote:
In post 850, FA_Q2 wrote:BECAUSE IT DERAILS THE ENTIRE TOPIC AND DOES NOT ALLOW SCUM HUNTING WHATSOEVER.

But that doesn't make it scummy, just annoying/frustrating

The arguments that have happened in this game happened while scum hunting and people defending their arguments. Nothing scummy about that. To say there is, is anti town

vote Mr. Anti town FAQ

You are scum looking to divide and conquer. Mislynch one Townie today, than Lynch the other under the guise of "one of these guys must be scum" when in fact the odds are pretty good boon Is probably town andvi know I am

This is pretty much what I have to say in response to FA. Scum aren't going to go out of their way to attack a person for three pages for the express purpose of making the game less readable. Those kinds of arguments arise from personality conflicts which are alignment-independent.

I'm also pretty ready for this day to be over. I feel like I've gotten what I want out of it and it's starting to drag on.
Annarchy
Annarchy
Goon
Annarchy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #883 (ISO) » Thu Jul 23, 2015 5:39 pm

Post by Annarchy »

Shazam stop being right

it's hard for me to not consider meta when reading Bulba. personally I don't hold much stock in "traditionally scummy" things. I don't believe there's a set list of things you can read someone as scum for doing regardless of who it is. I would say there's very little in online Mafia that's actually alignment-indicative without considering who someone is and how they normally react to things.

I don't think play like Bulba's should be encouraged or allowed to stay how it is. he needs to evolve as a Mafia player, and that will likely happen through him getting lynched in scenarios like these. but for this particular game, I can look at his past experience and tell that he's probably town based on how he usually acts. ignoring this information would be counterproductive to winning here.

I need to attempt an FA ISO
Annarchy
Annarchy
Goon
Annarchy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #884 (ISO) » Thu Jul 23, 2015 5:42 pm

Post by Annarchy »

on a somewhat related note, I feel like I'm going to be annoyingly sitting on nullish reads of Shazam and implosion for ages because almost anything they've done up to this point could have been done by town-them OR scum-them
WoodyWoodpecker
WoodyWoodpecker
Mafia Scum
WoodyWoodpecker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #885 (ISO) » Thu Jul 23, 2015 10:41 pm

Post by WoodyWoodpecker »

In post 882, implosion wrote:This is pretty much what I have to say in response to FA. Scum aren't going to go out of their way to attack a person for three pages for the express purpose of making the game less readable. Those kinds of arguments arise from personality conflicts which are alignment-independent.

I'm also pretty ready for this day to be over. I feel like I've gotten what I want out of it and it's starting to drag on.

I was already scum reading him before that though, I realize the bitching is null cause town and scum can do it but it seems likely like he's trying to line up lymches
Hey, keep your eyes up top ok? Don't look down here you pervert.
TheDominator37
TheDominator37
Mafia Scum
TheDominator37
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #886 (ISO) » Fri Jul 24, 2015 12:45 am

Post by TheDominator37 »

Anna/shazam/bulb scum team?
TheDominator37
TheDominator37
Mafia Scum
TheDominator37
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #887 (ISO) » Fri Jul 24, 2015 3:45 am

Post by TheDominator37 »

In post 886, TheDominator37 wrote:Anna/shazam/bulb scum team?

@foxx
@dragon
@kahn
What do you think of this?
pisskop
pisskop
Survivor
pisskop
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #888 (ISO) » Fri Jul 24, 2015 4:15 am

Post by pisskop »

preflip associations are bad. They end up looking like scum lining up lynches or bussing
beeboy - Everyone thought this game was made to troll pie but it was really made to troll pisskop.
Almost50 pisskop: Overall, that's a townie slot. Don't ask for specifics because with PK everything can be interpreted either way. It's probably WHEN he says/does things that matter, so it's more of a matter of conception rather than solid reasoning.
pisskop
pisskop
Survivor
pisskop
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #889 (ISO) » Fri Jul 24, 2015 4:17 am

Post by pisskop »

Also Anna is probs town.

o o look at that syntax
beeboy - Everyone thought this game was made to troll pie but it was really made to troll pisskop.
Almost50 pisskop: Overall, that's a townie slot. Don't ask for specifics because with PK everything can be interpreted either way. It's probably WHEN he says/does things that matter, so it's more of a matter of conception rather than solid reasoning.
TheDominator37
TheDominator37
Mafia Scum
TheDominator37
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #890 (ISO) » Fri Jul 24, 2015 4:59 am

Post by TheDominator37 »

Eh I was just speculating
Anna is like 4 or 5 on my list
Bulbazoor
Bulbazoor
Mafia Scum
Bulbazoor
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #891 (ISO) » Fri Jul 24, 2015 5:04 am

Post by Bulbazoor »

Anna is town to me.
dragonspawn
dragonspawn
Mafia Scum
dragonspawn
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #892 (ISO) » Fri Jul 24, 2015 5:43 am

Post by dragonspawn »

[instagram][/instagram]
In post 880, Boonskiies wrote:

Why would this be a scumslip?
Kublai Khan
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Khan Man

Post Post #893 (ISO) » Fri Jul 24, 2015 6:03 am

Post by Kublai Khan »

Okay. I'm all caught up.

Town: WoodyWoodpecker, Boonskiies, GrayFoxxxx, Shazam
Weaktown: TheDominator37, implosion
Weakscum: Annarchy, Bulbazoor, spice1209
Scum: FA_Q2, pisskop, dragonspawn

The WoodyWoodpecker/Boonskiies slapfight is a town on town squabble. GrayFoxxxx towntold pretty hard in the first half of the game. Shazam gave a strong town-tell as well.

I was never big on the MarioManiac4 wagon (I understand the reasons, but they aren't as strong as they are made out to be). TheDominator37 has been fairly townish, though a little milquetoast.

implosion is in the weak town because of a weird vibe that keeps him from being a full town read. Mostly it's the repeated motif where he has to constantly point out "scum-Khan could do that" which is weird that I'm the only one that gets this treatment. I had to look up if we had any game history and we've only ever been in one game together and I was town. If he could give me the reasoning behind this specific treatment I'd appreciate it, otherwise it feels a little like a "smear/discredit the townie" tactic.

The Annarchy weakscum read comes mostly from Necessary Evil. Necessary Evil's posts were lackluster and his read reasonings were vague. Though it could just be unfocused town. Annarchy has a totally different style, which is great, but I don't agree with many of her conclusions, which is bad.

Bulbazoor is a wildcard at the moment. His weird cadence/formatting, the backtrack, the (possible?) responding to old posts.. I can't even tell if english is his first language.

spicer1209 is in the hole that StubbsKVM dug at the moment. StubbsKVM was a weak scumread. And spice1209 is a non-read. So, it's meh/scum.

pisskop could be scum? I dunno? Maybe? He doesn't seem to care to find scum or lynch them. He's the emo kid of this game. He just wants to be left alone.

FA_Q2's is the scummiest post I've ever read. It's one thing to hate a 10 page squabble. But finding both participants individually scummy (where if one turns up town, the other must be scum) is ridiculous.

dragonspawn feels like textbook scum coasting. He's not leading any wagons. He's not pushing or making waves. Here's a quick experiment. Without looking at the votecount, someone tell me who dragonspawn is voting for and why.
Spoiler: answer
It's implosion. And best I can figure it's because he's not "impressed" by him.

VOTE: dragonspawn

Black Lives Matter
Get vaccinated
pisskop
pisskop
Survivor
pisskop
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #894 (ISO) » Fri Jul 24, 2015 6:05 am

Post by pisskop »

dawwww
pisskop
pisskop
Survivor
pisskop
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #895 (ISO) » Fri Jul 24, 2015 6:05 am

Post by pisskop »

DS isnt scum, and even if he was he's not lynchable. Your vote is noted and useless there.
Kublai Khan
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Khan Man

Post Post #896 (ISO) » Fri Jul 24, 2015 6:16 am

Post by Kublai Khan »

[tunneling]Beetlejuice?[/tunneling]

Black Lives Matter
Get vaccinated
Kublai Khan
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Khan Man

Post Post #897 (ISO) » Fri Jul 24, 2015 6:17 am

Post by Kublai Khan »

In post 887, TheDominator37 wrote:
In post 886, TheDominator37 wrote:Anna/shazam/bulb scum team?

@kahn
What do you think of this?

Naw.

Black Lives Matter
Get vaccinated
pisskop
pisskop
Survivor
pisskop
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #898 (ISO) » Fri Jul 24, 2015 6:32 am

Post by pisskop »

Yea, I have multiple ongoing games so I'm often online.
pisskop
pisskop
Survivor
pisskop
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #899 (ISO) » Fri Jul 24, 2015 6:33 am

Post by pisskop »

I believe 213 is an example of town-bulba. so is 255 where he gives reads on everyone. in particular his read on Stubbs looks genuine to me - as scum I think he would run with a scumread based on what he said there.

You're right. I do this to a lot of people, and hate when its done to me.

I've played with Mario in one game we can speak of. He was scum who slipped on D2.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”