Micro 514: Dealing With Dragons Mafia (Game Over)

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
shaddowez
shaddowez
He/Him
Mafia Scum
shaddowez
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #375 (ISO) » Fri Aug 21, 2015 5:57 pm

Post by shaddowez »

In post 371, GrayFoxxxx wrote:Ok looks like I was wrong about axxle. Guess that clears wisdom to an extent

Sooo....please tell me where you gave us your reads on Axxle? As a matter of fact, the only time Axxle shows up in your ISO outside of the quote of somebody else you're responding to is to say that his wagon has scum on it, which doesn't actually say you think Axxle was town.

I'm sticking with my latest read.

VOTE: Gray
V/LA on Weekends
Elbirn
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Content Aficionado

Post Post #376 (ISO) » Fri Aug 21, 2015 6:02 pm

Post by Elbirn »

In post 374, GrayFoxxxx wrote:
In post 373, Elbirn wrote:
In post 371, GrayFoxxxx wrote:Ok looks like I was wrong about axxle. Guess that clears wisdom to an extent

How so?

I'm betting he didn't bus.

In post 375, shaddowez wrote:

Sooo....please tell me where you gave us your reads on Axxle? As a matter of fact, the only time Axxle shows up in your ISO outside of the quote of somebody else you're responding to is to say that his wagon has scum on it, which doesn't actually say you think Axxle was town.

Guys
Guys

Axxle was a mafia traitor. Scum would have zero knowledge that he was also scum. We can't look at axxle interactions from other people's perspectives.
Elbirn
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Content Aficionado

Post Post #377 (ISO) » Fri Aug 21, 2015 6:04 pm

Post by Elbirn »

Wait

Did you guys just town slip

Oh fuckitall
The Betting Pool
The Betting Pool
Goon
The Betting Pool
Goon
Goon

Post Post #378 (ISO) » Fri Aug 21, 2015 6:04 pm

Post by The Betting Pool »

Guys
Guys

...follow me to victory!

VOTE: firebringer

-bunny
Elbirn
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Content Aficionado

Post Post #379 (ISO) » Fri Aug 21, 2015 6:09 pm

Post by Elbirn »

I don't think I believe you.

Why do you scumread firebringer?
The Betting Pool
The Betting Pool
Goon
The Betting Pool
Goon
Goon

Post Post #380 (ISO) » Fri Aug 21, 2015 6:29 pm

In post 376, Elbirn wrote:
In post 374, GrayFoxxxx wrote:
In post 373, Elbirn wrote:

How so?

I'm betting he didn't bus.

In post 375, shaddowez wrote:

Guys
Guys

Axxle was a mafia traitor. Scum would have zero knowledge that he was also scum. We can't look at axxle interactions from other people's perspectives.

^^^^^ 6/3 (for reasons below) would be way OP if all three knew one another's identities and two had daytalk.

In post 379, Elbirn wrote:I don't think I believe you.

Why do you scumread firebringer?

Because I've been scum reading him since yesterday, and for once Lucky and I are in agreement. Which clearly means he is irrefutable scum. And my read on Axxle was right yesterday, so a year away from Mafia (or maybe living with a dude) has honed my bullshit radar.

I suspect there are two scum left though; otherwise it would basically be an SK and an apprentice, and flavor also dictates two full scum.

Oh, and for emphasis:

Arglefraster!

VOTE: Firebringer
The Betting Pool
The Betting Pool
Goon
The Betting Pool
Goon
Goon

Post Post #381 (ISO) » Fri Aug 21, 2015 6:30 pm

^ --PA (got carried away there, whoops). Further thoughts in a bit if I don't conk out first.
The Betting Pool
The Betting Pool
Goon
The Betting Pool
Goon
Goon

Post Post #382 (ISO) » Fri Aug 21, 2015 6:39 pm

i highly approve of that post.

-bunny
The Betting Pool
The Betting Pool
Goon
The Betting Pool
Goon
Goon

Post Post #383 (ISO) » Fri Aug 21, 2015 7:53 pm

OK, working from the assumption of Firebringer-scum and keeping in mind scum should have been using their daytalk Day One, remaining list of players (trying this new thing where I pretend like my reads aren't shit and proceed accordingly):

Elbirn: Will be
so
sad if he's scum, because he makes so much sense. I like people who make sense.

...fine, more detailed thoughts.

, I like the casual nature of his interaction with Firebringer in playing back the joke about town leader-ness. He's trying to get something out of RVS (besides pressure) in the subsequent posts, and he's thinking on the spot about his reads, as per the progression in , , and .

In and , he interacts with Firebringer in a very organic way, like he would knowing that Firebringer was a trolly player but hoping to get something useful out of him if he was coming at things from a town perspective. Then sure as hell isn't a Firebringer-partner post.

Scum-Elbirn would mean town-Wisdom, and I don't see scum-Elbirn pushing Wisdom quite so much as he does in posts after that point. Reading back, I like for wanting to talk to us about things that might give him a better read on us and clarify some hard-to-read players. Then is pretty town, not helping Firebringer with his wagon on us.

I'm going to have a lot of trouble ever buying scum-Elbirn.

Vedith:
In post 74, Vedith wrote:Also, Firebringer seems to play like this a lot.
I wouldn't call it a troll play, it's more of an attempt on a consistent play overall, making him a hard target to read. His Mafia style gives it away too much though.

I'm...not sure a partner would commit to this statement here. The first part could be hedging, but he implies he can spot scum-Firebringer, which means he's forced to bus in the event of a heavy wagon, which could be problematic in a Micro, even with a presumed traitor advantage.

I'll be shorter here, as a lot of Vedith's ISO feels like it makes sense as scum-hunting in context, but I'm not finding so many pull-quotes. Some of his later stuff feels less strong, but I come away from reading his ISO with a townie feel. I could be persuaded otherwise, but it would take some work.

Grayfoxxxx: Fuck if I know.

...fiiiine.

OK, truth time, his reaction to Wisdom is pretty much how I vaguely remember feeling after watching Wisdom play scum in a game we had together and then pontificate endlessly in the next game we had together. Like, lynch this PITA who's playing just like his scum game.

On the other hand, feels the need to express regret over being wrong on Axxle. Which...only a bit over half the game will be on any given wagon anyways? I'm not sure that merited an observation aside from trying to act like he's happy we lynched scum.

He barely mentions Firebringer at all, but he does pretty blindly sheep Firebringer's vote on us. Which...I'd expect scum with daytalk to spread their eggs out into multiple baskets more. And his relentless back-and-forth with Wisdom also seems like something a scum with daytalk would be warned away from?

Very weak town read; would like to see him do something today that is more content-generation as opposed to being picky at people.

shaddowez: My first scum read, and I'm not promising objectivity here. This:

In post 75, shaddowez wrote:I can't speak on Fire's play, since I haven't seen a game with him to know if he acts this way as scum or town.

is very non-committal. Others responded to the open question as well, but with actual answers, not just a disavowal of knowledge. Distancing?

Then three nothing-posts, followed by:

In post 85, shaddowez wrote:
In post 82, Elbirn wrote:Also tell me why confidence is scummy plz

It's not necessarily confidence per se, but it's how it's being portrayed. The way you're doing it here reminds me of two separate games I've had where people that acted similarly were scum. I'm not saying that's evidence of you being scum, but its definitely skewing my view that way.

Where there's not a commitment to a read, but setting up for a reason to scum-read Elbirn. Follows up with an explanation that doesn't feel like it's driving to a conclusion, then a prod-dodge. Defends scum-Firebringer in to explain why one type of confidence is good and another is bad.

I also feel like there's this push to avoid calling Gray-Wisdom fighting town vs. town that sets oddly in that post. And heh, almost feels like scum frustrated with a partner.

I'm also not sure I like shaddowez going back to the Gray well immediately upon two flips passing. I know there was time to think overnight, but it feels like nervous scum going for easy pickings to get back on track.

Probably plenty of confirmation-bias there, but I'm still feeling like shaddowez could very easily be scum.

Wisdom (our totes bestie!): So if our Vedith and Elbirn reads are right, Wisdom being town makes the lynch on Axxle an all-town wagon. It did happen quickly, which does mean scum might have missed out entirely (assuming no cross-knowledge of identities).

Having saved the
most tedious
best for last, here we go.

Going to avoid too many quotes here, but I do like the freeform feeling of Wisdom's suspicions on people in the wake of kyndy's wagon. He defends her, explaining why she's town, then gets tetchy over her interactions with scum reads in . He jumps around a lot, then hones in on Grayfoxxxx. His subsequent hop onto me is about par for the course, although given his fairly lousy track record of reading me, I'm not wild about it.

In post 184, Wisdom wrote:[Firebringer], axxle and shadoweh are my only solid townreads

everyone else is ugh

I'm fairly unimpressed that a supposed town-Wisdom manages to strong town-read minimum two of the three scum here. I mean, he can be all over the place, but that's pretty bad, even for him.

(OK, I lied, I'm going to pull quotes here. It's just easier)

In post 187, Wisdom wrote:among the ugh reads:

kyndy could be town because claim
gray could be town because i think he wouldnt push me like that as scum
vedith could maybe be town because of his moonlogic that i mostly associate with town

that leaves Elbirn and The Betting Pool

This on the other hand is more reason to think maybe town-Wisdom. It doesn't leave him many places to fall back to. If he's scum who knew they might be able to win on two mislynches, maybe that works. And heaven knows Wisdom doesn't generally feel compelled to stick to his reads for long.

You know what, I'm not sure if this. is opportunistic scum-Wisdom or PITA-jumpy town-Wisdom. I'm going to let the day play out a bit more and hopefully get some other people's opinions here on what he's done so far. Also might double-ISO him with Firebringer, see what shakes out.

And taking a look at Firebringer's ISO next to consider where his partner might be based on that. Might be later this weekend, as I should probably get some sleep.

--PA, who probably won't go get sleep
The Betting Pool
The Betting Pool
Goon
The Betting Pool
Goon
Goon

Post Post #384 (ISO) » Fri Aug 21, 2015 8:09 pm

Yeah, I just keep getting 'scum, scum, scum' reading Firebringer's ISO. I don't think he's partnered with Elbirn, but that's about all I can parse at this hour. Screw it, will revisit later. I do think he was feeling very certain of himself Day One, which could mean that his reads list in bumped his partner down below a town read at all. But it's iffy.

I will say that this:

In post 172, Firebringer wrote:This fight between wisdom and verdith felt TvM.
Leaning scum on wisdom
Leaning town on verdith.

I don't know I don't trust my read on wisdom ATM.

In post 173, Wisdom wrote:no idea how you can get me-scum from a discussion where verdith was making no sense

doesn't feel like scum staging a read on a teammate when they have daytalk available.

--PA
Wisdom
Wisdom
Of the One
Wisdom
Of the One
Of the One

Post Post #385 (ISO) » Fri Aug 21, 2015 9:07 pm

Post by Wisdom »

Elbirn, Axxle was a Traitor. He didn't know the other mafia.
Wisdom
Wisdom
Of the One
Wisdom
Of the One
Of the One

Post Post #386 (ISO) » Fri Aug 21, 2015 9:08 pm

Post by Wisdom »

or nvm, his role PM suggests that he could know
Wisdom
Wisdom
Of the One
Wisdom
Of the One
Of the One

Post Post #387 (ISO) » Fri Aug 21, 2015 9:15 pm

Post by Wisdom »

penguin why are you treating firebringer like flipped scum? You are literally trying to read people as if he has flipped scum already.
Wisdom
Wisdom
Of the One
Wisdom
Of the One
Of the One

Post Post #388 (ISO) » Fri Aug 21, 2015 9:18 pm

Post by Wisdom »

VOTE: shaddowez
Wisdom
Wisdom
Of the One
Wisdom
Of the One
Of the One

Post Post #389 (ISO) » Fri Aug 21, 2015 9:26 pm

Post by Wisdom »

also I have a day power that I can only use today and should conftown me, so you can all consider me confirmed town
The Betting Pool
The Betting Pool
Goon
The Betting Pool
Goon
Goon

Post Post #390 (ISO) » Sat Aug 22, 2015 1:49 am

In post 387, Wisdom wrote:penguin why are you treating firebringer like flipped scum? You are literally trying to read people as if he has flipped scum already.

:claps: Well-spotted! Have a cookie. Eh, maybe two since I do think your vote is probably in the second best place for today.

What's your thinking on shaddowez, given this:

In post 183, Wisdom wrote:you've had something from betting, a bullshit accusation on shadoweh

In post 184, Wisdom wrote:you, axxle and shadoweh are my only solid townreads

everyone else is ugh

from yesterday?

--PA
Wisdom
Wisdom
Of the One
Wisdom
Of the One
Of the One

Post Post #391 (ISO) » Sat Aug 22, 2015 1:55 am

Post by Wisdom »

my reads were evidently not great

shadow is just poe because i townread everyone more than him
The Betting Pool
The Betting Pool
Goon
The Betting Pool
Goon
Goon

Post Post #392 (ISO) » Sat Aug 22, 2015 2:04 am

Can you also please take a look at Firebringer's ISO? Read it looking for the scum POV and see what you think. In particular look at and consider what of those reads he puts any thought behind prior to his 'reads list' in . He spent all day yesterday spearheading this 'pressure' wagon on us out of RVS without bothering to consider what kind of response would actually make us redeemed as town in his eyes. This isn't the play of scum-hunting town. It's scum trying to look like he has opinions without committing to anything that might be unpopular/inconvenient down the road.

--PA
Elbirn
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Content Aficionado

Post Post #393 (ISO) » Sat Aug 22, 2015 3:19 am

Post by Elbirn »

*rubs temples*

Preflip Associations are worthless
There's no evidence of scum having day chat
Traitors know the scum team, the rest of the scum team doesn't know the traitor.

That wall of text was just loads of conjecture on things that aren't true.
goodmorning
goodmorning
Any
Survivor
goodmorning
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #394 (ISO) » Sat Aug 22, 2015 3:25 am

Post by goodmorning »

'Dragon! Come out and fight! Fight for the Princess Cimorene of Linderwall!'
'Oh, honestly,' Cimorene muttered, and quickened her step. 'Here, you,' she said as she came out into the sunlight. Then she had to duck as a spear slashed through the air over her head. 'Stop that!' she cried. 'I'm Princess Cimorene.'
'You are?' said a doubtful voice. 'Are you sure?'

Votecount 2.1
GrayFoxxxx [L-3] - shaddowez
Firebringer [L-3] - The Betting Pool
shaddowez [L-3] - Wisdom

Not Voting [4] - Firebringer, Elbirn, Vedith, GrayFoxxxx

With 7 alive, it takes
to lynch. The day will end in (expired on 2015-08-29 23:30:00).
Last edited by goodmorning on Tue Aug 25, 2015 3:27 am, edited 2 times in total.
EFFORT IS NOT INDICATIVE OF ALIGNMENT
LA during normal working and sleeping hours EST

Get to know a very pleasant AM.
The Betting Pool
The Betting Pool
Goon
The Betting Pool
Goon
Goon

Post Post #395 (ISO) » Sat Aug 22, 2015 3:26 am

In post 393, Elbirn wrote:*rubs temples*

Preflip Associations are worthless
There's no evidence of scum having day chat
Traitors know the scum team, the rest of the scum team doesn't know the traitor.

That wall of text was just loads of conjecture on things that aren't true.

Ah, right, I was thinking the traitor was actually the team's encryptor off the fakeclaim. Bad reading on my part. (Although unless things have changed a lot in the last year, traitors can work with different levels of mutual knowledge on the scum team's part; it's set-up dependent)

Believe me about Firebringer or don't; I'm pretty sure you're town so I don't care overmuch. He's the lynch for today. Although I would like to talk about shaddowez with you as well. What stands out most for you in his play thus far?

--PA
Vedith
Vedith
Survivor
Vedith
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #396 (ISO) » Sat Aug 22, 2015 4:20 am

Post by Vedith »

I was going to do a catch up but I am now going to be V/LA
I'll put an hour or so in tonight once I get a chance though.

@Mod - I'm V/LA until Monday, with slight phone access
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #397 (ISO) » Sat Aug 22, 2015 6:43 am

Post by Firebringer »

I just skimmed through what happened. Okay so Kyndy died, thats odd. I was getting suspicious of them yesterday. hmmm.

lol vote on me, love to understand that case on me. Don't even think I will bother reading it, going to be just a bunch nonsensical shit.

Wisdom might be confirmed town? Okay.

I still think Betting Pool is scum so thats where my vote is going: (Go ahead and call it OMGUS scrub)
VOTE: The Betting Pool
Wisdom
Wisdom
Of the One
Wisdom
Of the One
Of the One

Post Post #398 (ISO) » Sat Aug 22, 2015 6:48 am

Post by Wisdom »

I don't think betting is scum
The Betting Pool
The Betting Pool
Goon
The Betting Pool
Goon
Goon

Post Post #399 (ISO) » Sat Aug 22, 2015 6:51 am

In post 397, Firebringer wrote:I still think Betting Pool is scum so thats where my vote is going: (Go ahead and call it OMGUS scrub)

Ok.... OMGUS!

-bunny

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”