Morning Sun
Morning Sun
Townie
Morning Sun
Townie
Townie

Post Post #251 (ISO) » Sat Aug 29, 2015 11:30 pm

Post by Morning Sun »

Oh Suz you're not voting. Why so? Vote please.
This goes to everyone that has at least read something/has some leads on who is scum.
I think we should start playing, no?
~U
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #252 (ISO) » Sat Aug 29, 2015 11:35 pm

Post by Firebringer »

ShadedMelee is a lurker! Also "promises to catchup" and doesn't. Is that a scum tell, no. I just find it out they wanted us out of RVS with a wagon then doesn't come back. I mean I guess real life stuff, but come on. Lurk after you get out of RVS, what?

Marcell because he is kind of 'there' he is posting and contributing, but what can you honestly say about him so far? I know so many games where scum just kind of are there. They contribute a bit, but they don't make huge waves. That thats it feels like he has been doing.

Klingon is more of gut feeling in this one. I like Klingon but this game just feels scummy, especially with her reaction to me reading her as scum, that seemed like scum frustration than town. Although it could just be from her being sick.

I don't know if any of these will suffice for you, but that is my mindset right now. I know some other people are guilty of doing the things I mentioned for these, but thats where I am.
BlankFace
BlankFace
Goon
BlankFace
Goon
Goon

Post Post #253 (ISO) » Sun Aug 30, 2015 4:25 am

Post by BlankFace »

Town:
Suzune - This is roughly the same way that she was playing in Mini 1667. Only one that I noticed that even included me in a reads list too, besides Lickity. But I'm not counting Lickity's read on me because I honestly don't think it's based on anything other than the want for me to be town.

Lickety - This is the way that LQ played town in our first game together. Takes a bit more effort to read into him and I might not agree where he's coming from all the time but this isn't what I would expect LQ scum to play like if I was in the game. I like a lot for LQ town.

Morning Sun - I always end up town reading people who put an effort into moving out of RVS, and the next few after were attempts at that. And it worked a bit, getting responses from LQ and Fire. Fire's response was kind of blah. Morning Sun's RVS analysis had little content and it was basically a "These people are town" without any explanation, which I'm totally okay with because it was supposed to get people to start questioning why and start a discussion beyond the RVS jokes, and Fire's response to it was "Great minds think alike". . Fire is also the first to mention the Human flavor rather than just saying town. Not sure how I feel about that.

Grapes - is town af.

Fire - All of Fire's posts have felt genuine to me.

Null:
Vyse
Elbirin

Slight Scum:
Kling

Scum:
Marcell
Penguin

VOTE: Marcell

In post 159, Marcrell wrote:Okay sorry, Wednesday is my really busy night. Was unavailable then.

Was sort of liking Lickety, this bothers me though.
In post 136, LicketyQuickety wrote:
In post 134, LicketyQuickety wrote:
In post 133, Elbirn wrote:Alright so Licketys town. He's on a completely different wavelength, but he's town.

WTH, There is no way I should be a town read because I have a similar read on the same person that you do. This shit is infuriating.

EBWOP

Had to water it down so that people can actually understand what the heck I am saying. ://///////

It feels wrong.

Suzune seems sort of town to me.

What about this do you not like? What about it feels wrong?

In post 159, Marcrell wrote:Okay sorry, Wednesday is my really busy night. Was unavailable then.

Was sort of liking Lickety, this bothers me though.
In post 133, Elbirn wrote:Alright so Licketys town. He's on a completely different wavelength, but he's town.

WTH, There is no way I should be a town read because I have a similar read on the same person that you do. This shit is infuriating.

EBWOP

Had to water it down so that people can actually understand what the heck I am saying. ://///////

It feels wrong.

Suzune seems sort of town to me.

In post 197, Marcrell wrote:
In post 168, Elbirn wrote:

EBWOP

You're not a town read because of your reads. You're a town read because I can't understand you so bad that you clearly must be town.

The fact that your thought process is so uniquely you, it feels real. You're not scum faking thoughts, you're town blabbering nonsense that only makes sense to you.

....I feel like that sounds mean but it's not supposed to >.> I moonlogic frequently, and I know I'm babbling bullshit that no one else can agree with when I do it.

I don't agree. I think it leans scummier. It could go either way, pissed off town, or scum frustrated that people aren't going for it, but it feels more like scum anger.

Why am I a scum read fire?

I'd like to thank the mod for fixing my name when I mentioned it. You do good work.

Big ping. It feels off, how does LQ questioning a town read on himself feel like scum anger? Second it completely ignores what Elbirin actually said as to why he is townreading LQ.

Marcell's next two posts are a pretty empty vote on Morning Sun and fluff. Not feeling good about this slot.
Morning Sun
Morning Sun
Townie
Morning Sun
Townie
Townie

Post Post #254 (ISO) » Sun Aug 30, 2015 5:17 am

Post by Morning Sun »

So gameplay agrees that we need to move our votes.

VOTE: Shaded

We need to pressure and weed out the lurkers today. This should be wagoned just to get him to fucking talk. Marcell is another good choice.

~Espeon
Morning Sun
Morning Sun
Townie
Morning Sun
Townie
Townie

Post Post #255 (ISO) » Sun Aug 30, 2015 5:20 am

Post by Morning Sun »

Also, BF why arent you townreading Elbrin?
grapes
grapes
Mafia Scum
grapes
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #256 (ISO) » Sun Aug 30, 2015 5:45 am

Post by grapes »

In post 108, Morning Sun wrote:
In post 84, LicketyQuickety wrote:VOTE: grapes

This is really really bad. Grapes is town here for now. Those posts are relevant and this vote is OMGUS.

Also, gameplay is right, Suzanne hasnt done much to establish a town read for that slot and Id think of Suzanne to be one of those players who get townread easily. Elbirm on the other hand is town, that was some nice catch up and voting suzanne is the cherry on top.

Thanks for the WK I guess?

Also this is salamence yea?

You were in mcninja, the game where suzune was called out and scum read a lot for reading people unconventionally so in my experience suzune is one of those players the exact opposite of that. So this is kinda a head scratcher tbh. But I'll chalk it up to you replacing in late and not reading all of that game fully I guess.

Also Elbirn is town for sheeping you? :/

In post 88, Morning Sun wrote:
Pretty sure if he thinks its a scumslip, that means he thinks its scum. Not sure how that that wasnt obvious.

Well he seems to have forgotten about it..

In post 123, LicketyQuickety wrote:I'm willing to give BF a town read at this point.

Why?
-

Okay so is it me or is likety's read progression sort of nonexistent or abrupt for a lot of players? Shadedmelee is a scrum read and that's based off of all but almost no content? Blankface is a townread with slightly more content because??

Like at first his OMGUS on me felt too aggressive to come from scum but the fact he decided to pursue other less contested avenues on people he's elaborated much less on his reasons for in elbirn is sketchy.

I slightly liked penguin's . Teh questions felt pertinent.

In post 187, Klingoncelt wrote:Happy Scumday, Grapes!

oh thankee somebody noticed!

In post 204, Empoleon Bellaparte wrote:^ is not progress. :wink: :lol:

oh hi there im grapes nice to meet ya!

i noticed you taking a couple pot shots at me but ima nice guy and am going to forgive you for now and ask you some stuffs

why am i scum?
why is fire scum?
why is vyse scum?
who is town?
best pizza toppings?

-

I find myself agreeing with firebringer here. It's a poor reaction to not a lot of pressure. And then an even stranger reaction when they start getting votes.

Think that calls for some more.

VOTE: klingoncelt

In post 230, Morning Sun wrote:Marcell, glad to see you voted out of RVS! :)

Also love the reasons youre voting us. Is it because Suznne is your buddy?

:igmeou:

In post 229, Marcrell wrote:
https://xkcd.com/621/ It's been 100 posts between your last and this one. Is it all fluff or....

That comic is not as relevant as I expected.

Oh god that's rich.

I mean I'm the first to admit that I'm not all that interesting. But you don't know my steps man.

And no it wasn't all fluff, surprisingly.

In post 245, VysePresident wrote:Okay, reading through the thread now. Posts theoretically should follow in a couple hours, even if it's just my initial impressions. If I fall asleep on the floor, feel free to yell at me.

Mostly posting this so I have something to pressure me into starting. I'm exhausted as heck, and here mostly because I know I need to start somewhere.

This is me yelling at you.

In post 246, gameplay506 wrote:Ok tho really why is Fire town? Can somebody talk to me about that.
I have played 2 games with him I think and he was really different. Yes there was a period of doing nothing and just joking but it never went more than just a couple of posts or something. Right now his attitude has been the same for over 10 pages wow. It just seems lazy, actively lurking imo. Doesn't want to get engaged in anything, stays out of all and doesn't even scumhunt. Sorry to say it but he is more lazy/useless than ever ( you know I like you fire don't be offended :3).
Anyway Marcell why are we scum?
~Umbreon

I think he's slightly town because to me it actually looks like he is interacting with a lot of different people and doesn't care much how he's perceived? I have no experience with him but if that's null for his meta then feel free to shoot the shit with me about it. It's enough for me to leave him be for today, though.

I just don't think saying he isn't engaged is true.

@blankface

So are marcell and penguin equal is scummyness to you if yes why if not then why marcell over penguin?
Empoleon Bellaparte
Empoleon Bellaparte
Townie
Empoleon Bellaparte
Townie
Townie

Post Post #257 (ISO) » Sun Aug 30, 2015 8:30 am

Post by Empoleon Bellaparte »

In post 205, Elbirn wrote:*waves* I exist

Firebringer is town. I've played two games in a row with him. Both times he was scum, and I read him as such. This doesn't feel like his scum game.

My townreads on lq and morning sun stand. Fire town. Good vibes from grapes. Everyone else is a blobby pile of nothing.

@elb, talk to me about grapes?

In post 211, Klingoncelt wrote:I'm not getting any solid reads right yet, everyone ranges between probable Town(Human) and leaning Human.

I do need to hear more from ShadedMelee and Marcrell.

I'm going to say something right now. All summer long every game I've been in was fucked up to some degree by players signing up then abandoning their slot after a couple of posts, Town & Scum alike. Unless there's a R/L emergency, I'm voting to lynch all replace-outs' slots.

I was town-reading this slot, but the lack of any reads and the kinda AtE around it are making me reassess this read.

In post 227, Morning Sun wrote:Since everyone wants to know my reads, including my partner:

Scum: Suznne, Marcrell/Shaded(Because they haven't moved their RVS vote yet, which is bad), Klingon (She is oftenly mislynch-bait which I am not playing with today)

Town: LQ (He should fuck off though), Elbirn (Big turnaround from RVS to actual content), Empoleon (In Bella I trust for now).

~Espeon

Heeey, talk to me about Kling? Scum or mis-lynch bait, she can't be both.

In post 241, penguin_alien wrote:
In post 166, Suzune wrote:Hm, strongest town game. Out of my current choices I would say 11PM. Day two was my strongest.

This links to a three post thread from 2007? I assume you meant Mini 1683, which did answer my initial musing of whether your slightly formal style was guarded or just your general style.

Not wild about Klingoncelt. I don't like the ratio of game-relevant content to everything else in his posts.

Firebringer feels town here so far in terms of his engaging with people and deliberately interacting with people he's played full games with.

Not feeling much of a flow so far. Might look over a few more ISOs instead of slogging through the whole thread yet again.

'Not wild' about this post. Very safe, boring stances, nothing new here at all and 'slogging' through less than a dozen pages. :igmeou:

from PA is terrible, I know I can't talk about my activity rn but at least my posts have content.

is a bizarre vote with little/no justifcation.

@blank, we were left off your reads list!
In post 254, Morning Sun wrote:So gameplay agrees that we need to move our votes.

VOTE: Shaded

We need to pressure and weed out the lurkers today. This should be wagoned just to get him to fucking talk. Marcell is another good choice.

~Espeon

UNVOTE: Voting a town read is bad.

-still bella :P

@MornS, I would much prefer Marcrell today

VOTE: marcrell
Empoleon Bellaparte
Empoleon Bellaparte
Townie
Empoleon Bellaparte
Townie
Townie

Post Post #258 (ISO) » Sun Aug 30, 2015 8:38 am

'oh hi there im grapes nice to meet ya!

i noticed you taking a couple pot shots at me but ima nice guy and am going to forgive you for now and ask you some stuffs

why am i scum?
why is fire scum?
why is vyse scum?
who is town?
best pizza toppings?'

Hi! happy belated scum-day!

They aren't pot-shots: I thought there was less content from your slot than there was, but your catch-up post here and another read through your iso suggests I was wrong. Prolly not scum.

I don't think I said fire was scum. I'm not sure about their reads list, but I like their engagement and the openness and I think they'd have to be ballsy to be scum rn.

Vyse is scummy because lack of content - same post count as me but no clear thoughts/engagement at all.

LQ, Elb, Ms are town. Then there is you/suz/fire who are kinda town-leans.

Ham, pineapple with mushroom.

Same qs to you, please.
Morning Sun
Morning Sun
Townie
Morning Sun
Townie
Townie

Post Post #259 (ISO) » Sun Aug 30, 2015 12:18 pm

Post by Morning Sun »

Grapes wrote:You were in mcninja, the game where suzune was called out and scum read a lot for reading people unconventionally so in my experience suzune is one of those players the exact opposite of that. So this is kinda a head scratcher tbh. But I'll chalk it up to you replacing in late and not reading all of that game fully I guess.

*Looks* Oh Suzzne was in that game (Which is sad because that ruins my deep dark desire that suznne is a bookitty alt and that she would come back to me :( ) No I didn't remember Suznne's presense that game that much for I was looking at other players before her, like my slot, Bookitty, Farside, and House to be exact. But to be fair Suznne wasn't doing much when I called her scum and didn't do much until later and that bugged me as I find her to be a great reader inbetween the lines and easy to towntell. Like my dear Boo (COME BACK TO MEEEEEEEE)

Grapes wrote:Also Elbirn is town for sheeping you? :/

No, hes town because his catchup was excellent given that A: his early play was shit and B: his followup with the game given that there are a lot of lurkers here gives me confidence he is town. The vote has nothing to do with it.

Grapes wrote:Well he seems to have forgotten about it..

I kinda talked him out of it for now. Its a bad post, but nothing worth tunneling for.

Grapes wrote:LQ

Hes town. Now shhhhh. I don't want him to come back.

Empoleon wrote:
Heeey, talk to me about Kling? Scum or mis-lynch bait, she can't be both.

Its scummy the way she brings up humans. However, Klingon gets mislynched ALOT D1. I'm not interested in it today because there are better people to wagon.

~Espeon
Suzune
Suzune
Mafia Scum
Suzune
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #260 (ISO) » Sun Aug 30, 2015 1:56 pm

Post by Suzune »

In post 259, Morning Sun wrote:*Looks* Oh Suzzne was in that game (Which is sad because that ruins my deep dark desire that suznne is a bookitty alt and that she would come back to me ) No I didn't remember Suznne's presense that game that much for I was looking at other players before her, like my slot, Bookitty, Farside, and House to be exact. But to be fair Suznne wasn't doing much when I called her scum and didn't do much until later and that bugged me as I find her to be a great reader inbetween the lines and easy to towntell.

Well I regret to be the one to tell you but I am not a bookitty alt. I'm just Suzune who Soren and Lucian fished up from my own site and told me to move here and play with them. Therefore, I will not be the harbinger of Bookitty returning to you. I apologise~

In post 252, Firebringer wrote: I know so many games where scum just kind of are there. They contribute a bit, but they don't make huge waves. That thats it feels like he has been doing.
This is the kind of behavior we should look for, ripples in the water. People who appear to be around but are not really doing anything to move the story on. No offense but the post I quoted this from feels a bit like that. By saying you are only going on gut you are pretty much not giving the town any leeway to discuss anything, so sufficiently stonewalling the conversation. The post looks helpful on the surface but is not pushing the game forward. This kind of behavior is what you were just suggesting, was it not? You would not happen to be one of those lurking mafia, would you?

Sadly blank I appreciate you town reads because town hunting is important too, but I would like to hear about your scum reads as well.

About Kling; I am just sensing a little bit of fluff right now. I would really appreciate if he got into the game and started talking more. Realistically I have only played in games where he is scum before, but this not talking much is new to me...

Marcell is rubbing me the wrong way. His posts are either agreeing with someone else, making a joke, or sort of sidestepping a problem. This strikes me as not wanting to create a disturbance or trying to slip away unseen by posting. Also only having five posts at this point into the game he is barely skirting being here enough. Honestly I would love to place a vote on him but I want to check the vote count first because so many people seem interested in him.

So for the time being, I will toss by vote onto the other person with the light posting touch
VOTE: Firebringer
Who in the end did not really go back and explain his reads...
Marcrell
Marcrell
Goon
Marcrell
Goon
Goon

Post Post #261 (ISO) » Sun Aug 30, 2015 3:49 pm

Post by Marcrell »

I haven't liked her stance on Suzune too much. Bet you 10 bucks she says I'm buddying Suzune after this. Also I was feeling lazy then and just voted her because she said I hadn't moved my vote.

Empolean's last posts are town.

The reversal on Firebringer is interesting. Not necessarily town or scum, but people seemd to think he was town until recently, where it's flipped the other way. I'd still go town on him for a little while longer from what I quoted earlier.

Melee's disappeared for a few days now, which is a shame because I played with him before. He also buddied me and was scum and probably won them the game as I was lynched in lylo for it. Hope he comes back.
4nxi3ty
4nxi3ty
Mafia Scum
4nxi3ty
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #262 (ISO) » Sun Aug 30, 2015 4:05 pm

Post by 4nxi3ty »

"Well she connects it all now if she didn't then, through those of us who survived, and the way we remember the events through her actions."

Morning Sun (2) - ShadedMelee, Marcrell
Elbirn (1) - LicketyQuickety
Klingoncelt
(3)
- Elbirn, Firebringer, grapes
Marcrell (2) - BlankFace, Empoleon Bellapatre
ShadedMelee (1) - Morning Sun
Firebringer (1) - Suzune

Not voting: penguin_alien, Klingoncelt, VysePresident

With 13 players alive, it takes 7 to lynch.

Deadline: (expired on 2015-09-09 01:01:34)
Morning Sun
Morning Sun
Townie
Morning Sun
Townie
Townie

Post Post #263 (ISO) » Sun Aug 30, 2015 4:37 pm

Post by Morning Sun »

Suzie wrote:
Well I regret to be the one to tell you but I am not a bookitty alt. I'm just Suzune who Soren and Lucian fished up from my own site and told me to move here and play with them. Therefore, I will not be the harbinger of Bookitty returning to you. I apologise~

:'(

How would you say in your opinion your scumgame is?

Meanwhile, i dont get Marcell's post at all. Idk why I would accuse him of buddying for diagreeing with a suzanne read. That reads as lazy to me and Im going to vote him. Meanwhile for the rest of his post, the Empoleon townread is also lazy, in fact the entire post is a bunch of reads that are pretty much public opinion. Hes not trying.

VOTE: Marcell

As for Fire Im townreading him and gameplay and I are going to argue about it forever. Regardless thats not the play, the wagons should be on Marcell/PA/Shaded.

~Espeon
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #264 (ISO) » Sun Aug 30, 2015 4:43 pm

Post by Firebringer »

In post 260, Suzune wrote:
In post 259, Morning Sun wrote:*Looks* Oh Suzzne was in that game (Which is sad because that ruins my deep dark desire that suznne is a bookitty alt and that she would come back to me ) No I didn't remember Suznne's presense that game that much for I was looking at other players before her, like my slot, Bookitty, Farside, and House to be exact. But to be fair Suznne wasn't doing much when I called her scum and didn't do much until later and that bugged me as I find her to be a great reader inbetween the lines and easy to towntell.

In post 252, Firebringer wrote: I know so many games where scum just kind of are there. They contribute a bit, but they don't make huge waves. That thats it feels like he has been doing.
This is the kind of behavior we should look for, ripples in the water. People who appear to be around but are not really doing anything to move the story on. No offense but the post I quoted this from feels a bit like that. By saying you are only going on gut you are pretty much not giving the town any leeway to discuss anything, so sufficiently stonewalling the conversation. The post looks helpful on the surface but is not pushing the game forward. This kind of behavior is what you were just suggesting, was it not? You would not happen to be one of those lurking mafia, would you?

Sadly blank I appreciate you town reads because town hunting is important too, but I would like to hear about your scum reads as well.

About Kling; I am just sensing a little bit of fluff right now. I would really appreciate if he got into the game and started talking more. Realistically I have only played in games where he is scum before, but this not talking much is new to me...

Marcell is rubbing me the wrong way. His posts are either agreeing with someone else, making a joke, or sort of sidestepping a problem. This strikes me as not wanting to create a disturbance or trying to slip away unseen by posting. Also only having five posts at this point into the game he is barely skirting being here enough. Honestly I would love to place a vote on him but I want to check the vote count first because so many people seem interested in him.

So for the time being, I will toss by vote onto the other person with the light posting touch
VOTE: Firebringer
Who in the end did not really go back and explain his reads...

You just jumped from null to scum in this post.

Wanna know why?

How in the hell am I lurking? Even if you wanna say I am active lurking that is false since I gave reads and explanations for it. So while some of my posts are fluff, your argument is shit.
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #265 (ISO) » Sun Aug 30, 2015 4:45 pm

Post by Firebringer »

If anyone is 'lurking' it is probably you Suzune. Which I don't even feel like that is true since you have been giving quite a bit of content in the few posts you have managed.

But you are much more lurkerish than me.
Suzune
Suzune
Mafia Scum
Suzune
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #266 (ISO) » Sun Aug 30, 2015 5:33 pm

Post by Suzune »

If lurking is not wanting to make any ripples in the water. Then in my opinion you are lurking. Now that there are more posts and evidence out there I have some comparison. Try to keep up okay, because I am only going to keep giving full effort.
ShadedMelee
ShadedMelee
Goon
ShadedMelee
Goon
Goon

Post Post #267 (ISO) » Sun Aug 30, 2015 8:23 pm

Post by ShadedMelee »

In post 261, Marcrell wrote:Melee's disappeared for a few days now, which is a shame because I played with him before. He also buddied me and was scum and probably won them the game as I was lynched in lylo for it. Hope he comes back.

Hey there. That was a good game, nice to see you again. (No i am not buddying again :)

I did not like grapes . Too much asking "why" on other's posts rather than making his geniune analysis. Thats a common pattern of scum trying to fabricate reasons.

VOTE: grapes

Suz, Morning and Lickety are probably town.
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #268 (ISO) » Sun Aug 30, 2015 9:18 pm

Post by Firebringer »

In post 266, Suzune wrote:If lurking is not wanting to make any ripples in the water. Then in my opinion you are lurking. Now that there are more posts and evidence out there I have some comparison. Try to keep up okay, because I am only going to keep giving full effort.

That isn't lurking.
Go look up the definition of lurking.

And how have I not been making ripples if I am pushing on Klingon and nanmed two other players as scum?

What?!?!?!?

You hear yourself?
Suzune
Suzune
Mafia Scum
Suzune
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #269 (ISO) » Sun Aug 30, 2015 11:32 pm

Post by Suzune »

Fire I was teasing you with the end of that post...apparently it was not successful.
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #270 (ISO) » Mon Aug 31, 2015 2:46 am

Post by Firebringer »

In post 269, Suzune wrote:Fire I was teasing you with the end of that post...apparently it was not successful.

I didn't see the joke or teasing in it.
It seemed silly and nonsensical.
Suzune
Suzune
Mafia Scum
Suzune
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #271 (ISO) » Mon Aug 31, 2015 4:42 am

Post by Suzune »

Sounded better in my head.
Empoleon Bellaparte
Empoleon Bellaparte
Townie
Empoleon Bellaparte
Townie
Townie

Post Post #272 (ISO) » Mon Aug 31, 2015 6:30 am

@Suze, that vote is bad, there are like 4 better places for it to be. And why so hesitant to put some pressure on Marc? Also, fire's brought up some decent points about your case - can you engage with them rather than shrug him off?

@Shaded, boring reads list without much engagement on those slots - at least grapes was showing he was trying to sort the game. :(
VysePresident
VysePresident
Mafia Scum
VysePresident
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #273 (ISO) » Mon Aug 31, 2015 8:38 am

Post by VysePresident »

M'kay, I'm going to stick with first summing up my first impressions for now, and start working in from there.

---

Town - LQ(+), Fire(?), Bellaparte

NOTES:
LQ
just has a very straightforward, clear thought process for me to follow, and it's actually a little baffling to me that the general consensus seems to be the opposite, even among the other people who think he's Town. I'm not fully on the same page as him or anything, but it's not that hard and there's some good stuff mixed in there.
Fire
is really just meh, but I'm okay with the slightly careless attitude for now.
Empoleon Bellaparte
leans Town for me right now, mostly because they have a fairly clear thought process & flow to their style. Basically, it amounts to me not seeing an 'intentionality' or positioning behind their posts, and I'm okay with how they're engaging so far.

---

Null - Suzune(+), Penguin, Morning Sun(+-? :facepalm: ), Marcrell, Grapes, BF

NOTES
Suzune
is null because all the tonal issues & stuff are things I'm familiar with from her, and I think it's just part of her natural style. I like more about her engagement so far than I dislike, but there's not really enough for me to work with confidently yet.
Penguin
is just meh so far. isn't terrible, but it's pushing only in directions I don't care much about, which bugs me a little. Doesn't really change much either.
Morning Sun
is weird for me, because on the one hand, I like the aggressiveness to their style and focus I'm okay with. It's not obvtown by any stretch, but it's decent, and seems to flow so far. On the other, I disagree with almost everything Salamance is saying, and his pushes/Townreads all make me a little uncomfortable. I'm also irked about that 'scumslip' posts. :P
Marcrell
has lots of aggressiveness, and I can kinda, sorta get him. I'm probably going to need to read him a couple times before I have anything actually useful to put here.
Grapes
is a bit of a back & forth for me. I didn't like his catch up stuff much in , but I'm okay with .
Blankface
is just meh so far. I don't feel like I have much to work with now, given that his normal style pings me like crazy.

---

Mildly Scummy - Elbirn(-), Klingon(?), ShadedMelee(?)

Elbirin
is largely a matter of gut for me at this point, but I feel like he's moving with the flow of the game. There's nothing special in what he's saying, and it's baffling to me how much credit some people are giving him for his catchup posts. It feels more like someone trying to seem Town more than an actual independent thought process.

Klingon
is just meh. I don't actually care about the whole "She's saying Human repeatedly thing" in the least. I'm irked at her for adding to the "Vyse scumslipped" thing, which is why she's down here, but I don't feel particularly strongly about this one. I do want to see reads & stuff before I let it go, though.

ShadedMelee
- I thought about putting him in with the Nulls, but I don't really care for any of his posts so far. I'd like to see the reads & stuff he's promising.

VOTE: Elbirn

Feeling this the most right now.

---

LYNCH-IT-WITH-FIRE-SCUM!!!Eleven!! - Nobody yet.

---

Also, here's a spoilered list of my train of thought notes & stuff I was writing before deciding to sum it up in a readslist.

Spoiler: Train of thought notes
-I'm having a tricky time connecting with this game. It's weird jumping back & forth from the meta of my homesite to here.

-Going to stick with first impressions for now, while I'm working my way into the game.

-Don't like Grapes #82 all that much. Mostly, I'm in disagreement with a large number of the directions he's pushing.

-LQ is a little weird, but okay so far. Love his #92, actually. (FutureVyse Note - Grapes did a little better in #256. I'm seeing a bit more thought emerging, and want to watch it play out. We'll call him Null for now.)

-Penguin's #165 is meh so far. I kinda want to see it play out a little more before offering my thoughts, but it's mostly just pushing in directions I don't feel great about.

-#167 Re: Suzune - That's sort of how I see Suzune, with the caveat that I can play a pretty nice & friendly game as well, and because it comes from my basic personality, I can do it as either alignment. This basically amounts to a 'yes, but Null'. I don't agree with the reasons being presented against Suzune to date, but I have yet to form a strong opinion on her.

-I don't like the dismissive tone in #168. Not that I believe it's mean per se, but I don't like the way you're shooting down LQ. It feels like you're adding a bit of peer pressure here, for lack of a better term. (I'm tired, but you get what I mean, I hope.)

-I see Sala's #171, and raise it a yawn. But seriously, humor aside, I'm just not seeing it.

-On a side note, it's weird to me how Sala thinks Suzune would be an obvTown player or a difficult lynch, because my impression was very much the opposite.

-#207 This is such a common thing in the meta anymore, I'm not giving it any points.

-#258 Feel free to take this with a grain of salt, but I actually find it harder to engage when I'm Town than when I'm scum. With scum, I have a huge library of things TownVyse has thought before, because I'm a very meticulous, slow-paced Townie usually, and tend to run through a heck of a lot of theories & ideas before I post. It's all ready made for me to use as scum. For that same reason, I have a little more trouble engaging early as Town. (I've been working on that recently, with some success, but there's been a lot keeping me from getting attached to this game.)
VysePresident
VysePresident
Mafia Scum
VysePresident
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #274 (ISO) » Mon Aug 31, 2015 8:39 am

Post by VysePresident »

@Penguin - I'm curious, what are your thoughts on Suzune now? Thoughts in general?

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”