Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #450 (ISO) » Fri Sep 04, 2015 2:03 pm

Post by Firebringer »

Did you not just read what I said?

False Premise can lead to a right conclusion.

What exactly does that mean to you?

Cause I can say Klingoncelt is scum this game because she posted "Hi" in first post. And everyone knows that "Hi" Equals SCUM! Guilty. She flips scum, GUESS MY PREMISE WAS RIGHT!?!?!?!?
Show
"You are the Joker of mafia players" - Oversoul
"last time I was scum with Firebringer
his first post in the scum PT was "yes I rolled scum!"
I decided to post "haha just don't post that in the main thread", but to get up to date on the main thread first.

His first post in the main thread was "yes I rolled scum!" -popsofctown
LicketyQuickety
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #451 (ISO) » Fri Sep 04, 2015 2:07 pm

Post by LicketyQuickety »

In post 450, Firebringer wrote:Did you not just read what I said?

False Premise can lead to a right conclusion.

What exactly does that mean to you?

Cause I can say Klingoncelt is scum this game because she posted "Hi" in first post. And everyone knows that "Hi" Equals SCUM! Guilty. She flips scum, GUESS MY PREMISE WAS RIGHT!?!?!?!?

Stop. Slow down and read. I'm making a point and sorta kinda agreeing with you and reaffirming that "false premise" is something I use to get reads sometimes. I don't consider what I do to be considered false premise but I am saying it is not the first time people have not understood how I got from point A to point B.
I was anything worse than you! Anything worse than you was I!

You was doided teh aposit_tisopa het dedoid saw em.
LicketyQuickety
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #452 (ISO) » Fri Sep 04, 2015 2:08 pm

All that said, my Town read on Fire could not be stronger right now without him being confirmed.

Marcrell
Marcrell
Goon
Marcrell
Goon
Goon

Post Post #453 (ISO) » Fri Sep 04, 2015 4:40 pm

Post by Marcrell »

In post 367, BlankFace wrote:
So far Marc hasn't even commented on anything I said either, so that's disappointing.

All I could find was the thing on Lickety which I've been talking to him about. Don't forget the r. Helps me find questions you ask easier as well if I miss them the first time.
In post 346, LicketyQuickety wrote:
In post 342, ShadedMelee wrote:
In post 340, LicketyQuickety wrote:
In post 323, ShadedMelee wrote:marcrell's playstyle matches with the game i played with him. He was town.

I'd like a link to that please.

http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=52&t=57612

heh.. I did a quick ISO of both of you from that game and both of you were way more active in that game and playing way more pro-town in that game as well.

Care to guess how your post count in that game compares to what it is in this game at the same number of posts in the thread? I'll just go ahead and tell you. You had 20 post compared to your 8 in this one and Marcrell had 18 compared to his 9 in this one and there were the same number of players in that one that there is in this one. Both of you came on much stronger and much more confident in that game as well.

If you'll check dates that was from June to August. Middle of summer. I'm a lot less busy then. Now I've got a lot more work, when I don't I'm tired from it, and I have large chunks of my day dedicated to other things. It's harder to find time and motivation now.
In post 404, LicketyQuickety wrote:
In post 403, Klingoncelt wrote:My vote remains on Lickety.

That he has 2 extra tapes makes him look even more scummy in my eyes, because those tapes would be very helpful for the Devils and Ghosts to coordinate their kills. I have no idea how Town can use the things.

This assumes that both scum teams already know who each other are, which contradicts what I said in the beginning the the thread when I said I believe they do not know who each other are. Its quite the risky business to be relaying info to a partner team if you can't be sure who they are. The fact that you say so assuredly that they do know who each other are means you either know something that the rest of us don't or are assuming a great deal.

Plus you just scum slipped by saying that I had
2 extra
tapes as opposed to saying that I just have more tapes or four tapes. This implies that you also think that everyone started off with only 2 tapes, but you say that you believe that I actually do have 4 tapes.

I pulled a gambit hoping to find scum. Fire bit on it so I was thinking he was scum, but after seeing his reaction and looking at his updated Wiki I now know that it was just a simple misunderstanding of the setup since he has been in 17 active games.

I'm reading Fire as Town now and I am fairly confident that Kling is scum.

VOTE: Kling

The default PM's the mod gives us all say 2 tapes. So assuming 2 extra is the default in general, unless someone cares to reveal they also have more tapes. How the fuck is this a scum slip?

I wouldn't say Kling's scum.
In post 337, Klingoncelt wrote:And stop with the fucking wallposts. Make 1 post for each player you're reading.

Yes, I'm going to admit I rarely read entire walls. Feel free to go ahead if you want.
In post 335, LicketyQuickety wrote:
In post 334, Marcrell wrote:
In post 310, LicketyQuickety wrote:
In post 159, Marcrell wrote:Okay sorry, Wednesday is my really busy night. Was unavailable then.

Was sort of liking Lickety, this bothers me though.
In post 136, LicketyQuickety wrote:
In post 134, LicketyQuickety wrote:
In post 133, Elbirn wrote:Alright so Licketys town. He's on a completely different wavelength, but he's town.

WTH, There is no way I should be a town read because I have a similar read on the same person that you do. This shit is infuriating.

EBWOP

Had to water it down so that people can actually understand what the heck I am saying. ://///////

It feels wrong.

Suzune seems sort of town to me.

Describe the feels so we actually know why it feels "wrong". Frankly the BS meter on this post is pinging pretty high for me.

The motivation felt scummy I would say. In the wording. It didn't seem like town writing.

Seriously? this is the best you could come up with? describe the feeling then???

Scum motivation beyond typing. It would be of the type of post written by scum.

I don't even really stand by the original post anymore, why the fuck am I still defending it.

I feel Lickety's getting too comfortable in his being townread. All this talk about redeeming and town cred and such. I might vote it.
Klingoncelt
Klingoncelt
Jack of All Trades
Klingoncelt
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #454 (ISO) » Fri Sep 04, 2015 5:46 pm

Post by Klingoncelt »

That he has 2 extra tapes makes him look even more scummy in my eyes, because those tapes would be very helpful for the Devils and Ghosts to coordinate their kills. I have no idea how Town can use the things.

This assumes that both scum teams already know who each other are, which contradicts what I said in the beginning the the thread when I said I believe they do not know who each other are. Its quite the risky business to be relaying info to a partner team if you can't be sure who they are. The fact that you say so assuredly that they do know who each other are means you either know something that the rest of us don't or are assuming a great deal.

2 extra
tapes as opposed to saying that I just have more tapes or four tapes. This implies that you also think that everyone started off with only 2 tapes, but you say that you believe that I actually do have 4 tapes.

I pulled a gambit hoping to find scum. Fire bit on it so I was thinking he was scum, but after seeing his reaction and looking at his updated Wiki I now know that it was just a simple misunderstanding of the setup since he has been in 17 active games.

VOTE: Kling[/v ]

Read the OP, Lickety. Post :

You will be teaming up with the White Ghosts YYYY & ZZZZ to consume the humanity.

You will be teaming up with the Red Devils WWWW & XXXX to consume humanity.

Nice try, Scum.
Klingoncelt: "The whole scumteam slipped on page 1. It's the new meta. Sheep me because my reads are so accurate that whoever I name gets mod-converted to scum."
-
MiniDeathStar
LicketyQuickety
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #455 (ISO) » Fri Sep 04, 2015 6:02 pm

In post 454, Klingoncelt wrote:

2 extra

VOTE: Kling[/v ]

Read the OP, Lickety. Post :

You will be teaming up with the White Ghosts YYYY & ZZZZ to consume the humanity.

You will be teaming up with the Red Devils WWWW & XXXX to consume humanity.

Nice try, Scum.

All it says is that they are teamed. It says nothing about them knowing who each other are, unless I am really misunderstanding something. Why wouldn't it just be one team if they knew who each other were with different roles? Lastly, how are you going to say because I'm ignorant of the setup that I am scum if that is the case?

screen shot on pc

Klingoncelt
Klingoncelt
Jack of All Trades
Klingoncelt
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #456 (ISO) » Fri Sep 04, 2015 6:06 pm

Post by Klingoncelt »

In post 434, Elbirn wrote:@vyse

I'm permanently a mobile player so fuck multi quoting but I'll respond to everything best I can..

1. Regarding the casual shade thing.

Her first few posts avoid making direct accusations, but slyly push suspicion.

Post 6: the accusation that morningsun slipped and meant to post in a scumchat

183: implies lq might be scum based on activity in a really offhanded way

186: casually, flip floppy stance on the "is it a scumslip" thing

Couple this with her not taking a real stance on anyone until nearly post 300. From my pov She's not doing anything but make it look like she's busy. She's here, but she's not doing anything, and taking a few potshots at people along the way.

2. Regarding her ate's

Frankly it rubs me the wrong way. Again shes not doing much of anything, and then when people vote her or scumread her it's "woe is me". It's excuses.

3. Regarding the replace out lynch thing

She quite literally said she'd endorse lynching any slot that replaces. This is shitty play. And you know what, maybe this is a shitty point, but I don't see how anyone comes to that conclusion.

4. And just everything in general

Your stance is "klingon is a weak town player", well how do we differentiate between that and scum? You guys wanna pressure lurkers, cool. I wanna look for weak players and twist their arms until either it breaks or they stop playing weak. Because imo "weak" can just as well mean "scum". I see someone who's not doing anything, who isn't looking for scum, I think that's scummy. I think it's more scummy to be here and not be doing anything, than it is to merely be absent.

As for your "elbirn sucks and he's too aggro" thing, I'd argue that's playstyle but whatever.

I think I pretty much covered everything, if I missed something point it out plez.

I take it you're talking about me here?

I dunno about the Morning Sun hydra. Null.

I do very much believe that Lickety is Scum.

The AtE wasn't AtE, it was be being all whiny and pissy because I was sick, and I get whiny and pissy when I'm sick.

And oh yes definitely I'm getting tired of the replace-outs. Deadlines have to be extended, new players have to catch up... and if they're Scum, the replace-ins usually replace out. Whichever team they're on, the replace-outs are disruptive, especially if they're replaced after a bunch of prods for lurking. Think of it as a modified Lynch All Lurkers.

Now piss off.

I'm Town.
Klingoncelt: "The whole scumteam slipped on page 1. It's the new meta. Sheep me because my reads are so accurate that whoever I name gets mod-converted to scum."
-
MiniDeathStar
ShadedMelee
ShadedMelee
Goon
ShadedMelee
Goon
Goon

Post Post #457 (ISO) » Fri Sep 04, 2015 10:32 pm

Post by ShadedMelee »

town vs town. stop that.
LicketyQuickety
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #458 (ISO) » Fri Sep 04, 2015 10:45 pm

I'm making a prediction: Town is going to win this game. Step 1: Lynch Kling.

grapes
grapes
Mafia Scum
grapes
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #459 (ISO) » Fri Sep 04, 2015 11:33 pm

Post by grapes »

In post 306, Klingoncelt wrote:Oh I'm trying to find Scum. The players I know aren't doing anything Scummy and as far as I can tell the ones I don't know aren't either. :( I think this is one of those Day1s where someone has to jump up and down waving flags and posting in all caps before I guess that they might not be 100% Town.

ughhh

you get lynched a lot, don't you.

In post 306, Klingoncelt wrote:
In post 288, Klingoncelt wrote:Oh, Elbirn, Firebringer, Grapes, you guys can vote for someone else now. I'm Town.

And this is funny coming from someone not voting anyone.

:igmeou: Why do I have to vote for someone before correcting those that vote for me?

You are not very logical.

Um? When you're telling me what to do with my vote while not doing anything with your vote don't expect to not get called a hypocrite.

In post 309, Klingoncelt wrote:Whaddya know, I finally have my first scumread, the weirdly aggro LQ.

Are you and Grapes buddies. then?

VOTE: Lickety

ironically, the aggression here kinda feels town

UNVOTE:

i've been having A LOT of trouble reading people lately that have inherently anti-town playstyles

buuut i think you all will find to be a pretty reliable town tell - i just can't see the scum motivation for klingon to take a stance opposed to the next most likely wagon to go through while being wagoned herself

weakened a bit by how early in the phase it was, yea, but enough for me to say i don't think klingon is the play today

-

the marcrell wagon is pretty boring too

suffice it to say i think both the wagons are on town - dead thread is a good indication of that

hmm..

i actually reaaaaally would prefer a lynch on coasty mcvotepark pants now that i think about it

VOTE: shadedmelee

huzzah! to me town!
VysePresident
VysePresident
Mafia Scum
VysePresident
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #460 (ISO) » Fri Sep 04, 2015 11:40 pm

Post by VysePresident »

Grapes, what about Elbirn?
LicketyQuickety
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #461 (ISO) » Fri Sep 04, 2015 11:46 pm

In post 459, grapes wrote:, Klingoncelt"]buuut i think you all will find to be a pretty reliable town tell - i just can't see the scum motivation for klingon to take a stance opposed to the next most likely wagon to go through while being wagoned herself
[/quote]

Well this is good cuz it opens the possibility that both Kling and Marcrell are both Scum.

4nxi3ty
4nxi3ty
Mafia Scum
4nxi3ty
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #462 (ISO) » Sat Sep 05, 2015 3:08 am

Post by 4nxi3ty »

"At first they tried. I mean I know they really wanted to help like they said but they're not quite at that age where they can understand what taking care of a puppy means. I mean they got the bowls and food out but then got distracted by cartoons and left it all there on the floor. I walked in to find the dog with it's head in the bag. God knows how much it ate."

Morning Sun (2) - Marcrell, Empoleon Bellapatre
Elbirn (1) - VysePresident
Klingoncelt
(3)
- Elbirn, Firebringer, LicketyQuickety
Marcrell (2) - BlankFace, Suzune
grapes (1) - ShadedMelee
LicketyQuickety (1) - Klingoncelt
BlankFace (1) - Morning Sun
ShadedMelee (1) - grapes

Not voting: penguin_alien

With 13 players alive, it takes 7 to lynch.

Deadline: (expired on 2015-09-09 01:01:34)
Marcrell
Marcrell
Goon
Marcrell
Goon
Goon

Post Post #463 (ISO) » Sat Sep 05, 2015 5:13 am

Post by Marcrell »

In post 461, LicketyQuickety wrote:
In post 459, grapes wrote:, Klingoncelt"]buuut i think you all will find to be a pretty reliable town tell - i just can't see the scum motivation for klingon to take a stance opposed to the next most likely wagon to go through while being wagoned herself

Well this is good cuz it opens the possibility that both Kling and Marcrell are both Scum.[/quote]
How does it open a possibility? I guess you see the buddying aspects but it really doesn't make sense as scum when you're about to be lynched to suddenly talk about how town your partner is. It doesn't work out for scum.

Shadedmelee is complex. Usually people that just post one-line phrases and only occasionally aren't scum, but I don't want to let him coast in case he is.
VOTE: Shadedmelee
TvT call seems sort of towny. Not enough to justify. But I'll keep it on the backburner if I like his play more later.
Suzune
Suzune
Mafia Scum
Suzune
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #464 (ISO) » Sat Sep 05, 2015 5:17 am

Post by Suzune »

My flight is leaving soon. Message when I land.
Elbirn
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Content Aficionado

Post Post #465 (ISO) » Sat Sep 05, 2015 6:53 am

Post by Elbirn »

@Marcrell

Talk to me about klingon. What's your take on her?
Klingoncelt
Klingoncelt
Jack of All Trades
Klingoncelt
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #466 (ISO) » Sat Sep 05, 2015 2:13 pm

Post by Klingoncelt »

In post 459, grapes wrote:
ughhh

As Town I have a near-perfect record of early-game mislynches.

Shit gets old. :(
-
MiniDeathStar
LicketyQuickety
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #467 (ISO) » Sat Sep 05, 2015 2:35 pm

In post 463, Marcrell wrote:
In post 461, LicketyQuickety wrote:

Well this is good cuz it opens the possibility that both Kling and Marcrell are both Scum.

How does it open a possibility? I guess you see the buddying aspects but it really doesn't make sense as scum when you're about to be lynched to suddenly talk about how town your partner is. It doesn't work out for scum.

Shadedmelee is complex. Usually people that just post one-line phrases and only occasionally aren't scum, but I don't want to let him coast in case he is.
VOTE: Shadedmelee
TvT call seems sort of towny. Not enough to justify. But I'll keep it on the backburner if I like his play more later.[/quote]

Actually it makes perfect sense why you could both be scum. If there is a wagon on two scum what motivation is if you are Kling and scum to say Marcrell is scum? that would not make sense to do that given how early in the day it was.

It really looks like you're just trying to start a wagon on someone who is not yourself of Kling friend.

LicketyQuickety
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #468 (ISO) » Sat Sep 05, 2015 2:36 pm

In post 466, Klingoncelt wrote:
In post 459, grapes wrote:
ughhh

As Town I have a near-perfect record of early-game mislynches.

Shit gets old. :(

Self meta is scummy.

LicketyQuickety
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #469 (ISO) » Sat Sep 05, 2015 2:49 pm

@MOD
, I had a quote fail, my vote should be on Kling.

Just to make sure:

VOTE: Kling

And Kling, I was also voted off day one in about half my games up until my like 16 game. My point is it is YOUR problem if you are getting Lynched day one that often, not anyone elses. I have learned somethings about how to play and changed some things about my play so I not longer get voted off day one every other game anymore.

Morning Sun
Morning Sun
Townie
Morning Sun
Townie
Townie

Post Post #470 (ISO) » Sat Sep 05, 2015 2:53 pm

Post by Morning Sun »

Hi, I dont see Espeonage here doing stuff and its hurting my townread of that slot.

We need to pick a lynch now before deadline.

Suzune wrote:My flight is leaving soon. Message when I land.

Long fight? Be safe and come back soon.

~Espeon
LicketyQuickety
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #471 (ISO) » Sat Sep 05, 2015 2:56 pm

In post 470, Morning Sun wrote:Hi, I dont see Espeonage here doing stuff and its hurting my townread of that slot.

We need to pick a lynch now before deadline.

Suzune wrote:My flight is leaving soon. Message when I land.

Long fight? Be safe and come back soon.

~Espeon

Dude, BF is not getting lynched today, change your vote to Kling.

Morning Sun
Morning Sun
Townie
Morning Sun
Townie
Townie

Post Post #472 (ISO) » Sat Sep 05, 2015 2:58 pm

Post by Morning Sun »

Kling is town and we stand by it.

VOTE: Shaded.
LicketyQuickety
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #473 (ISO) » Sat Sep 05, 2015 3:02 pm

In post 472, Morning Sun wrote:Kling is town and we stand by it.

VOTE: Shaded.

How is Kling Town? What has Kling done that is actually Townie?

Morning Sun
Morning Sun
Townie
Morning Sun
Townie
Townie

Post Post #474 (ISO) » Sat Sep 05, 2015 3:04 pm

Post by Morning Sun »

Pretty much it looks like this:

Gameplay's scumreads: BF, Suzie, Fire
Sala's scumreads: Marcell, Shaded, PA (I guess Im really looking at lurkers today)

Gameplay's townreads: Vise, Marcell, Klingon
Sala's Townreads: Fire, Suzie, Grapes, Elbirn

~Espeon

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”