Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #200 (ISO) » Mon Sep 28, 2015 6:06 am

Post by Ankamius »

Hi.

Is that literally the entire Vedith case?
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #201 (ISO) » Mon Sep 28, 2015 6:07 am

Post by Thor665 »

Yes.

So?
Vedith
Vedith
Survivor
Vedith
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #202 (ISO) » Mon Sep 28, 2015 6:19 am

Post by Vedith »

Well, Thor's post to me doesn't make sense.
Also, why would you want such an early finish as town? Regardless if you are going to vote me up there's no point in ending the day early.

Right - - I'm not a fan of it as I wouldn't personally gain information from it, if it's beneficial as a whole I won't hold back.
- Care to elaborate?

I didn't like the join from Cataphant on the wagon, it was too easy. If someone is scum to you, why are you compromising? In fact, where have you even been pushing for them?
I don't like the flash wagon request from Thor, but I'm not confident enough on this for a vote.

UNVOTE: Lying Cat
VOTE: Cataphant
I claim scum \o/
Concrete Angels
Concrete Angels
Goon
Concrete Angels
Goon
Goon

Post Post #203 (ISO) » Mon Sep 28, 2015 6:34 am

Post by Concrete Angels »

In post 161, Vedith wrote:
In post 149, Concrete Angels wrote:..... you've been consistently posting elsewhere.

So... yeah. I'm very happy with my vote now.

I'm not sure I have posted properly on here any Friday evening and hardly ever on a Saturday.
You obviously looked into my games, and yet you haven't even read what I've posted in them.

Actually, you've been posting consistently since this game started in many other threads, except for this thread. One only needs to check your posts on your profile to see the quality and content for evaluation. It is clear that either you are in too many games and need to replace out, or you are purposely avoiding posting anything of substance here.

You claim I posted here Thursday, when the time I posted here first was on Friday morning while at work, where I then had small amount of activity in the day on a select amount of threads threads (Average of about 2/3 posts a thread).

This is a lie.

So I suggest if you are going to use this as an excuse, 1 - You learn my time zone and 2 - you actually learn my activity patterns.

For the rest who say that this is a valid argument, explain how and explain your scum read further. :)

Not changing my vote.

I posed you several questions that you did not answer, even after you returned to the thread to dispute what is easily verified with your posting history.

In post 163, Lying Cat wrote:Thor has not done anything alignment indicative yet, so I'm more than happy to let sthar8 ply the vote there for now.

Whatever. That's fine. I understand what you are doing. I go back and forth on him but it still within the town to null town range.

You're wrong about davsto.

In post 165, Lying Cat wrote:I'm gonna take a moment to cry in public because ETL doesn't love me anymore.

-Jingle

wth are you talking about? You're still my favorite newbie.

In post 170, Thor665 wrote:I presume "stubble" means, not facial hair but is in reference to Hepasoihroaij's sheeping?
I really don't follow this answer even with that concept in my head.
If it's about Concrete Angel - then...is it "stumble" Eh, this makes a bit more sense, are you suggesting sloppy play is more common from...town, even though you look to be saying the opposite, though I happily admit to being lost as to this sentence - clarify?

I read it as "stumble" but then this
In post 178, farside22 wrote:@thor; I meant sutle not stubble.
Don't ask

And the sentence makes even less sense. Also 178 is like drunk texting. I didn't have that much trouble reading/understanding farside before so I wonder what happened there.

In post 173, Cataphant wrote:@Far, glad to see you're town <3

????????????????

Ew.

In post 177, Cataphant wrote:oh. Farside? This just looks like town farside to me!

More ew. Do you always sound so unnatural like you are trying to force carefreeness?

In post 174, Lying Cat wrote:Note to self, CA and Far side are not scum together.

Don't be dumb. I did the same thing to Guyett when we were partners together (with Flubber/ward).

LC looks town.

In post 186, Wingback wrote:
In post 163, Lying Cat wrote:ETL has shown the minor towntells I'd expect from town her this early, but not enough to make that read solid.

Which of you posted this? If not Sthar8, I'm interested in hearing his read on Concrete.

That was Jingle.

In post 195, Davsto wrote:Not a fan of the Vedith wagon, because sometimes people semi-lurk as both alignments.

True. But they don't actively lurk the way Vedith has. I find your resistance to Vedith and your support of the counterwagon interesting. Doubly interesting if he should flip scum or HL flip town.

In post 196, farside22 wrote:I wonder if I'm out guessing the mod

:lol: no. Anti is pretty awesomely expert at setup creation. There's no gaming the mod with him.

In post 197, Davsto wrote:it gives scum a decent guess at what people's roles are

It doesn't. But I agree; I see no reason for flavor claiming at this juncture.

does not make me feel any better about Vedith. Only comments about the last page.

More votes on Vedith please.

ETL
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #204 (ISO) » Mon Sep 28, 2015 6:41 am

Post by Thor665 »

In post 202, Vedith wrote:Well, Thor's post to me doesn't make sense.

Which part is confusing to you - it seems fairly straightforward,
I called you a lurker and offered support of that opinion, and noted that I found it scummy.
Vedith
Vedith
Survivor
Vedith
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #205 (ISO) » Mon Sep 28, 2015 7:01 am

Post by Vedith »

I meant the other parts. Calling me a lurker I really don't care about. I focus different games at different times, I think I get called it or implied to it in most games and people are even starting to reference it. So that part of your argument is void to me. :)
I claim scum \o/
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #206 (ISO) » Mon Sep 28, 2015 7:54 am

Post by Thor665 »

So you understood it - you just disagree with it?
Vedith
Vedith
Survivor
Vedith
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #207 (ISO) » Mon Sep 28, 2015 8:03 am

Post by Vedith »

I understood that part, I actually had it as a void on myself rather than disagree.
I believe you went into timezones etc, when my argument was to learn my timezone before assuming and using it as a case. I haven't actually looked at your post since I originally read it so yeah.
I claim scum \o/
Cataphant
Cataphant
Townie
Cataphant
Townie
Townie

Post Post #208 (ISO) » Mon Sep 28, 2015 8:13 am

Post by Cataphant »

Ok, so, catching up - all other posts were hippy.

@Veid, who's the scum on your wagon? Apart from us. Also, do you agree/disagree on my davesto read?

@Davesto, my other head unvoted you but I'm not sure - where are you at right now with the game?

I'm happily in agreement with hippy that Far is town, I've played scum with her and this doesn't look at all similar. Call it meta/gut. Concrete Angels seems aggressive, but has a similar thought process to me.

-b
Davsto
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Farce of Habit
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #209 (ISO) » Mon Sep 28, 2015 8:15 am

Post by Davsto »

In post 208, Cataphant wrote:@Davesto, my other head unvoted you but I'm not sure - where are you at right now with the game?

confused

I think I've already said about my Hecatia nnaosnfsdfn scumread, and other than that I ain't seeing that much.
Vedith
Vedith
Survivor
Vedith
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #210 (ISO) » Mon Sep 28, 2015 8:35 am

Post by Vedith »

Can you clarify the read? I thought that he was town for you? I'm not seeing him as scum, but I have trouble reading Dav overall. I thought he was trying to buddy up to me there originally, so I was starting to lean scum, but he gives more of a null case rather than suggesting better than null (I'm not a fan of being town read early as I always look scummy :cool:).

And on my wagon? Concrete I think actually believes their reason. Thor I think went ahead with it originally then decided to back it up when I said about it, but actually commenting after doesn't seem scum. Hecatia was another easy jump, most likely just to take distraction away from themselves as they were leading the wagon.

I think that there is 1 scum on my wagon and 1 off and I don't see you and Hecatia associated as of yet.
I claim scum \o/
Davsto
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Farce of Habit
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #211 (ISO) » Mon Sep 28, 2015 8:40 am

Post by Davsto »

Meh. Deccently gut.

Like, they complain about me not being here, I am here and show that I am available to ask questions...
...and I am ignored and considered scummy for being here. What, should I have just stayed away?

In general, I feel their posts are less reading me as scum and more painting me as scum.
massive
massive
Mafia Scum
massive
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #212 (ISO) » Mon Sep 28, 2015 9:38 am

Post by massive »

In post 194, Hecatia Lapislazuli wrote:I wonder how many semantic arguments for me being scum im going to get by the end of the day

Trying to pass this off as a "semantics argument," in a game where word choice and semantics are the bread and butter of every argument, sounds kinda like "caught for the wrong reasons."
"1AM .. not a good time to think I started mixing massive and mathcam" - Totem, DP8
"unvote mlaker; vote massive; It's like MeMe/mneme and Corsato/Cadmium" - Dragon Phoenix, Newbie 38
PLEASE NOTE: I actively avoid being online on weekends! Don't replace me just because of this!
Hecatia Lapislazuli
Hecatia Lapislazuli
Goon
Hecatia Lapislazuli
Goon
Goon

Post Post #213 (ISO) » Mon Sep 28, 2015 10:12 am

Post by Hecatia Lapislazuli »

In post 212, massive wrote:in a game where word choice and semantics are the bread and butter of every argument

Nope
It's not, otherwise people like me who arent native english speakers would be severely disadvantaged.
It's a game where you see reads and reasons and progressions and reasons for those progressions whether they are natural or not, whether those reasons make sense or not.

~Sakura
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #214 (ISO) » Mon Sep 28, 2015 10:18 am

Post by Thor665 »

In seeking to grok if reasons make sense you need to understand what the other person means and thinks - which does bounce it back into semantics.

That said, this does seem like a conversation topic ripe to sidewind into game theory as opposed to scumhunting.

@Massive - why do you think the semantic defense angle is hogwash and suggests scum dodging? And, if you don't, why the swipe at Hecatia?

@Hecatia - why do you think the raised issue against you qualifies as simply semantics as opposed to a legit issue with your play on a scum/town scale?
Hecatia Lapislazuli
Hecatia Lapislazuli
Goon
Hecatia Lapislazuli
Goon
Goon

Post Post #215 (ISO) » Mon Sep 28, 2015 10:33 am

ya kno whos vote is truly great? guess who- massive! of course there is a p good chance this will be ignored.

lets look at who has voted for us- fars, massive, davsto, cat things, wingythingy, pistachios. of the 6 i am townreading 1.

heres the kicker tho- only 3 can be scum and i dont think there is all the scum on us who are scum so that means there are 4 town (mebbe 3 bc fars was more of a policy thing).

can we acknowledge how massive is nitpicking words like thats supposedly a scumtell? ya have to be smoking something to think thats in any way town.

having some second thoughts about cat things. ppl who seem town- fars, etl, thor
ank, cat, dav
Hecatia Lapislazuli
Hecatia Lapislazuli
Goon
Hecatia Lapislazuli
Goon
Goon

Post Post #216 (ISO) » Mon Sep 28, 2015 10:33 am

In post 214, Thor665 wrote:@Hecatia - why do you think the raised issue against you qualifies as simply semantics as opposed to a legit issue with your play on a scum/town scale?

Because their issue is about the way i worded things (i.e. the "increased suspicion" and notty bringing the "flow chart"), My reasoning for my posting is that i have a mixed playstyle out of what i learned from you + reading mastin guides, but at this point im starting to get pissed at people because every single game that im scumread is because "wording" and notty has been mostly absent and he's much easier to read so im here facing off alone against people.
Spoiler: More In-Depth Theory Explanation
The mastin part of my playstyle started from reading one of mastin guides "how to play well" where mastin shows why there's always a reason to be voting someone and do some sort of PI (personal investigation), to either increase or reduce that read until it increases enough into making it a case, i've always gone by im voting someone because i think they have a chance to flip scum regardless of the reason i've stated in my voting, whether it be sheeping or not, interactions with that person will either strengthen that read or not, but hey, this is just theory and i could say this anyhow, but it's certainly starting to get annoying at this point and it's one of the reasons why i have ragequit mafia so many times in the past, because apparently after 2 years and a half people still try to pursue me for things that should be null tells

Basically if massive thinks that the way i word things is indicative of alignment for me, then he's going to be surprised.

~Sakura

P-Edit: hi notty
Hecatia Lapislazuli
Hecatia Lapislazuli
Goon
Hecatia Lapislazuli
Goon
Goon

Post Post #217 (ISO) » Mon Sep 28, 2015 10:39 am

i 4 one am an advocate of the flowchart bc it is the only way to win all games on mafiascum.

http://i.imgur.com/FYqGO.jpg
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #218 (ISO) » Mon Sep 28, 2015 10:46 am

Post by Ankamius »

In post 171, Antihero wrote:Vedith - 4 (Concrete Angels, Thor665, Cataphant, Hecatia Lapislazuli)

In post 100, Antihero wrote:Davsto - 3 (Ankamius, Thor665, Hecatia Lapislazuli)

In post 136, Antihero wrote:Hecatia Lapislazuli - 3 (farside22, Cataphant, Wingback)
Concrete Angels
Concrete Angels
Goon
Concrete Angels
Goon
Goon

Post Post #219 (ISO) » Mon Sep 28, 2015 11:42 am

It usually helps people to understand what you are trying to say...

if you actually say something about what you're showing.
Concrete Angels
Concrete Angels
Goon
Concrete Angels
Goon
Goon

Post Post #220 (ISO) » Mon Sep 28, 2015 11:43 am

I'm actually gonna do this now.

VOTE: Cataphant
Concrete Angels
Concrete Angels
Goon
Concrete Angels
Goon
Goon

Post Post #221 (ISO) » Mon Sep 28, 2015 11:43 am

Both ETL ^
Hecatia Lapislazuli
Hecatia Lapislazuli
Goon
Hecatia Lapislazuli
Goon
Goon

Post Post #222 (ISO) » Mon Sep 28, 2015 11:44 am

Why?
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #223 (ISO) » Mon Sep 28, 2015 11:44 am

Post by Thor665 »

In post 215, Hecatia Lapislazuli wrote:can we acknowledge how massive is nitpicking words like thats supposedly a scumtell? ya have to be smoking something to think thats in any way town.

I am not really on board with reading what he's doing as nitpicking - I see some validity in that as a concept that he could legit believe suggests scum.

In post 216, Hecatia Lapislazuli wrote:Because their issue is about the way i worded things (i.e. the "increased suspicion"

Agreed, his case *is* about a word choice.
The question is - is the case empty *because* it is about word choice? If the answer is 'no' then it is not semantics.
I think his expressed logic makes sense, I am not sure I agree with him - but I am also not thinking it's a clear scum minded push.
Why are you?
And if you're not - why not just address the case and not try to hand wave it?

In post 216, Hecatia Lapislazuli wrote:and notty has been mostly absent and he's much easier to read so im here facing off alone against people.

Welcome to why I rarely hydra. :lol:
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #224 (ISO) » Mon Sep 28, 2015 12:36 pm

Post by Ankamius »

In post 219, Concrete Angels wrote:It usually helps people to understand what you are trying to say...

if you actually say something about what you're showing.

Uhhhh sorry, I posted that as notes to myself so I wouldn't lose them then got distracted by shiny things while actually looking through stuff.

I'm getting to this shortly.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”