Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #1950 (ISO) » Sun Nov 15, 2015 12:08 pm

Post by Varsoon »

"A yellow scarf has been dropped in a pleasant meadow.
Please don't ask me to explain that."
-Piccollo,
Suikoden III

VOTECOUNT 3.03

BRantz (3):
Ranger, Elbirn, pistachi0n
pistachi0n (3):
BRantz, Firekari, Firekari

Not Voting (4):
Klingoncelt, Reasonably Rational, Suzune, wgeurts

With 9 Alive, it takes 5 to Lynch.
Deadline
: (expired on 2015-11-28 04:15:00)
Last edited by Varsoon on Sun Nov 15, 2015 4:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reasonably Rational
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1951 (ISO) » Sun Nov 15, 2015 12:26 pm

Post by Reasonably Rational »

In post 1946, Suzune wrote:
In post 1944, Reasonably Rational wrote:
In post 1943, Elbirn wrote:
In post 1936, wgeurts wrote:No, don't Ascetic tonight. Let Elibern check to see if you really do have 2 1-shot abilities, if you speak the truth then this will confirm it.
Anyway, BRantz you're confusing me, please explain your role again.

If I check her and one ability has been used,it'll still show she has the ability. It'll read as like, suzune has two abilities, the first has 0 shots left, the second has 1 shot left.

Are you sure on the timing of your result? Does it take into account the events which occurred during the night? Also, ascetic means it won't work period.

-Cerb
Only if I activate it. If I choose not to activate then, he will get through.

Yes, but he wouldn't confirm that you had used a shot, which was the assumption in that scenario. Either he checks and you never used it and have a shot left in each, OR you use it and he gets no result.

-Cerb
Show
"We'll see who is bad at mafia after I've lynched you." - RadiantCowbells

"Reasonably Rational was bubbled on Day 2. They were Lapis Lazuli, aligned with The Crystal Gems"(town) - Varsoon

A hydra of Drixx and Cerberus v666
FireKari
FireKari
Goon
FireKari
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1952 (ISO) » Sun Nov 15, 2015 12:31 pm

Post by FireKari »

From what we read on the wiki, ascetic causes a player to be immune to all actions at Night except kills.We doubt varsoon would use ascetic in the setup without something to counter.

Out of all the claimed/flipped roles given, it looks to us like the only role where we see ascetic having any counter utility would be pistachi0n:

In post 1918, pistachi0n wrote:
In post 1857, wgeurts wrote:Popcorn Claim: Pistachion

I have a one shot role choice between cop/doc/roleblocker/vig. I copped RR on night 1 and he was town.

Also, on night 1 I had the ability to give someone a hated modifier for the next day. Then, the night after that, they'd pass it to someone else, etc. I gave RR a hated modifier and it appears he has given it back.

VOTE: Brantz

And this would only be useful vs hated or cop.

Based on all the info we have, and assuming Suzune was honest about her claim, we think it likely that Suzune's ascetic was meant to counter an unkown scum role.
Hydra of Firebringer and Yukari
FireKari
FireKari
Goon
FireKari
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1953 (ISO) » Sun Nov 15, 2015 12:38 pm

Post by FireKari »

Hmm, could also counter Elbirn's ability. Still though we find it unlikely her ascetic was meant to counter elbirn or pistachi0n's role. A null vs investigative (elbirn or pistachion-cop) could cause suspicion, and the hated modifier could be passed on anyways.
Suzune
Suzune
Mafia Scum
Suzune
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1954 (ISO) » Sun Nov 15, 2015 1:09 pm

Post by Suzune »

Well assuming the alignment was made after the roles were made, even then the ascetic was meant as a scum role it would have drawn attention. therefore I feel like it has to have been a balance for someone's night ability.
FireKari
FireKari
Goon
FireKari
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1955 (ISO) » Sun Nov 15, 2015 2:35 pm

Post by FireKari »

In post 1954, Suzune wrote:Well assuming the alignment was made after the roles were made, even then the ascetic was meant as a scum role it would have drawn attention. therefore I feel like it has to have been a balance for someone's night ability.

How many abilities in this game do you see which could be affected by ascetic?
Ranger
Ranger
She/Her
{Top Tier}
Ranger
She/Her
{Top Tier}
{Top Tier}
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #1956 (ISO) » Sun Nov 15, 2015 2:44 pm

Post by Ranger »

FireKari wrote:How did your ability's inability to roleblock day actions grant you the knowledge that wgeurts's dayvig on you was fake?
Because I don't think my ability would specify night actions if there was a role that could act in a harmful way during the day.

wgeurts wrote:Anyway, lynch BRantz let Klingoncelt night kill pistachi0n and then we'll look at suzune/Klingoncelt.
Alright. If you're lynching BRantz...

VOTE: pistachi0n.
...Then I block pistachi0n.
AKA, rBree2. Casual tryhard. I've Quite the RANGE. #pluralgang
"Interestingly though, town winrate in Blitzes has been really high."
- RadiantCowbells |
"Ranger's been town in most of them."
- Plotinus
"Ranger fake claiming? I'm shocked"
- usesPython
Game History
Ranger
Ranger
She/Her
{Top Tier}
Ranger
She/Her
{Top Tier}
{Top Tier}

Post Post #1957 (ISO) » Sun Nov 15, 2015 2:46 pm

Post by Ranger »

Elbirn wrote:Ranger should change mark and vote to fireKari (if firekari is scum we prevent the nightkill. No nightkill means scum is fucking with us or fire is the scum, i.e. can't reliably determine alignment, but we've prevented a town death. If nk happens then firekari is confirmed town.)
I can only mark one person a day. (Pretty sure, anyway. Otherwise I feel stupid for not just marking everyone D1. :P) So the people I can mark are BRantz and pistachi0n.

Whoever the town lynches, I need to be voting the other.
- RadiantCowbells |
- Plotinus
- usesPython
Game History
Ranger
Ranger
She/Her
{Top Tier}
Ranger
She/Her
{Top Tier}
{Top Tier}

Post Post #1958 (ISO) » Sun Nov 15, 2015 2:49 pm

Post by Ranger »

*The people I can vote.
- RadiantCowbells |
- Plotinus
- usesPython
Game History
pistachi0n
pistachi0n
Mafia Scum
pistachi0n
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1959 (ISO) » Sun Nov 15, 2015 3:07 pm

Post by pistachi0n »

In post 1919, Reasonably Rational wrote:
In post 1918, pistachi0n wrote:
In post 1857, wgeurts wrote:Popcorn Claim: Pistachion

I have a one shot role choice between cop/doc/roleblocker/vig. I copped RR on night 1 and he was town.

Also, on night 1 I had the ability to give someone a hated modifier for the next day. Then, the night after that, they'd pass it to someone else, etc. I gave RR a hated modifier and it appears he has given it back.

VOTE: Brantz

I tagged you yesterday and I got tagged today, so I beg to differ.
Actually, if you had been reading the game, you would have noticed that I said I refused to do anything with it until I knew what it was.

-Cerb
Suzune
Suzune
Mafia Scum
Suzune
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1960 (ISO) » Sun Nov 15, 2015 3:31 pm

Post by Suzune »

In post 1955, FireKari wrote:
In post 1954, Suzune wrote:Well assuming the alignment was made after the roles were made, even then the ascetic was meant as a scum role it would have drawn attention. therefore I feel like it has to have been a balance for someone's night ability.

All depends. If I a was mafia I feel like it would be beneficial because I would not use the redirect and the ascetic at the same time. I was an ascetic serial killer and cop, yes those two things go together, and it never worked out poorly for me. So I imagine it would be more useful to a mafia agent, and they probably would not have messaged the host to ask if they were serious about the role.
Suzune
Suzune
Mafia Scum
Suzune
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1961 (ISO) » Sun Nov 15, 2015 3:32 pm

Post by Suzune »

Vote count please mod?
FireKari
FireKari
Goon
FireKari
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1962 (ISO) » Sun Nov 15, 2015 3:37 pm

Post by FireKari »

In post 1960, Suzune wrote:
In post 1955, FireKari wrote:

All depends. If I a was mafia I feel like it would be beneficial because I would not use the redirect and the ascetic at the same time. I was an ascetic serial killer and cop, yes those two things go together, and it never worked out poorly for me. So I imagine it would be more useful to a mafia agent, and they probably would not have messaged the host to ask if they were serious about the role.

Perhaps we should rephrase. Out of all the abilities revealed via flip or claim, how many are susceptible to negation via ascetic?
Suzune
Suzune
Mafia Scum
Suzune
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1963 (ISO) » Sun Nov 15, 2015 3:38 pm

Post by Suzune »

All of them, except killing roles. That is how ascetic works.
FireKari
FireKari
Goon
FireKari
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1964 (ISO) » Sun Nov 15, 2015 4:19 pm

Post by FireKari »

In post 1963, Suzune wrote:All of them, except killing roles. That is how ascetic works.

So every player with out a NK ability, has an ability which can be negated by ascetic? We are double voter with no night ability, so there is nothing for you to negate. Same with Brantz, RR, and Wgeurts nothing to negate.

We are asking for compilation of players with abilities which could possibly be countered by ascetic.

Elbirn and Pistachion make this list. They both have abilities which could be negated by ascetic. Not sure what would happen with ranger's roleblock vs ascetic. Do you see any others specifically?
Suzune
Suzune
Mafia Scum
Suzune
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1965 (ISO) » Sun Nov 15, 2015 4:22 pm

Post by Suzune »

Oh, I misunderstand. I have never been ascetic with a game having day abilities. I am uncertain how it works. I assume since the roleblock does not work until evening that it might still work on that. However, I am uncertain. depends on how actions stack.
FireKari
FireKari
Goon
FireKari
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1966 (ISO) » Sun Nov 15, 2015 5:21 pm

Post by FireKari »

In post 1965, Suzune wrote:Oh, I misunderstand. I have never been ascetic with a game having day abilities. I am uncertain how it works. I assume since the roleblock does not work until evening that it might still work on that. However, I am uncertain. depends on how actions stack.

Ok we give up and will do this on our own. If you have ascetic ability then logically there should exist some purpose for the ability.

We had not even considered immunity from day actions, since the wiki states: "Ascetic is a role modifier (though it can function as a role in its own right) that causes a player to be immune to all actions at
Night
except kills."

So looking at only players with non-lethal night time abilities would remove LQ, Titus, Yukari, Jeanne11, Wgeurts, RR, Brantz, and Klingoncelt from the list, which leaves:

BM:
Each night, you may target a player to render them immune to all targeted abilities, including the night kill.

Ranger:
In post 1832, Ranger wrote:
Claim: modified roleblocker
I mark a person during the day. If I end the day voting a marked player, they will be roleblocked. Kills included, meaning I can stop the last scum.

Pistachi0n:
In post 1918, pistachi0n wrote:I have a one shot role choice between cop/doc/roleblocker/vig. I copped RR on night 1 and he was town.

Elbirn: Can write on the wall. Can also target a player to learn the number of abilities a person has, as well as the number of shots per ability.

Going a step further, we can probably eliminate BM and Ranger as being the reason Ascetic is in this game as well.

2 scum flipped already, and it would seem ascetic is useful against neither. If you are town, this would mean either the remaining scum has some ability to give your ascetic a purpose, or your ascetic ability is pretty useless.

OR

If you are scum, the only abilities your ascetic could even work on at all would be Elbirn and pistachi0n, but how useful would that be?

~Yukari
FireKari
FireKari
Goon
FireKari
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1967 (ISO) » Sun Nov 15, 2015 5:45 pm

Post by FireKari »

Pistachi0n looks to be the best possible lynch today. Better lynched than vigged just to be careful.

As a lurker, she has very little value to provide as far as thread analysis is concerned.

However she does have value to town, moreso dead than alive.

In post 1918, pistachi0n wrote:I have a one shot role choice between cop/doc/roleblocker/vig. I copped RR on night 1 and he was town.

If pistachi0n flips scum, gg. If pistachi0n flips town, her death could conf-town 2 players.
Elbirn
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Content Aficionado

Post Post #1968 (ISO) » Sun Nov 15, 2015 5:49 pm

Post by Elbirn »

Claiming an innocent on a mason is just lol
Reasonably Rational
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1969 (ISO) » Sun Nov 15, 2015 6:58 pm

Post by Reasonably Rational »

In post 1967, FireKari wrote:Pistachi0n looks to be the best possible lynch today. Better lynched than vigged just to be careful.

As a lurker, she has very little value to provide as far as thread analysis is concerned.

However she does have value to town, moreso dead than alive.

If pistachi0n flips scum, gg. If pistachi0n flips town, her death could conf-town 2 players.

That benefit is so minor it shouldn't be entered into the equation. We can only be scum if there is a 4 man team AND we planned a mason claim from early day 1, and confirmed said mason claim in a fashion that focused all the attention on another scum slut, when we could have easily moved to have the pressure put on klingon instead.

-Cerb
Show
"We'll see who is bad at mafia after I've lynched you." - RadiantCowbells

"Reasonably Rational was bubbled on Day 2. They were Lapis Lazuli, aligned with The Crystal Gems"(town) - Varsoon

A hydra of Drixx and Cerberus v666
wgeurts
wgeurts
They/Them
Pokédex
wgeurts
They/Them
Pokédex
Pokédex
Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #1970 (ISO) » Sun Nov 15, 2015 7:13 pm

Post by wgeurts »

In post 1942, Suzune wrote:
In post 1938, wgeurts wrote:Yeah, and honestly if you get killed it will do the town good
You know what is funny. I cannot get over the audacity of this comment. It irks me so much. I'm trying not to roll my feelings into a "you must be scum" mindset. However, it if we are unsuccessful today, I might push the lynch on him biasly. If I do, someone flag me that is what I am doing.

There's a cop innocent on us
"
i agree we should have a rule against wgeurts
" -
Davsto

"
let's have 2 rules against wgeurts
" -
DeathRowKitty

wgeurts
wgeurts
They/Them
Pokédex
wgeurts
They/Them
Pokédex
Pokédex

Post Post #1971 (ISO) » Sun Nov 15, 2015 7:23 pm

Post by wgeurts »

The scum utility of your role suzune is that it is a way of roleblocking others and seems to have no other pro town usage besides a possible bodyguard, it basically allows you to give Elibern false results and potentially frame a target with pistachi0n and then you can block them later if they target you.
See the scum utility?
"
" -
Davsto

"
" -
DeathRowKitty

Suzune
Suzune
Mafia Scum
Suzune
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1972 (ISO) » Mon Nov 16, 2015 12:51 am

Post by Suzune »

What are you trying to get at? Regardless of whether it has more use as a scum role or a town role. It remains a town role in This game.
wgeurts
wgeurts
They/Them
Pokédex
wgeurts
They/Them
Pokédex
Pokédex

Post Post #1973 (ISO) » Mon Nov 16, 2015 5:32 am

Post by wgeurts »

Yeah, and I think you're town!
I just want Elibern to check you tonight to confirm your role. If you're not lying there's not a single problem with this.
The other thing that unnerves me is that there are two roleblocker it seems: You and Ranger.
"
" -
Davsto

"
" -
DeathRowKitty

wgeurts
wgeurts
They/Them
Pokédex
wgeurts
They/Them
Pokédex
Pokédex

Post Post #1974 (ISO) » Mon Nov 16, 2015 5:33 am

Post by wgeurts »

Someone vote Brantz so I can lolhammer as it's given us good luck so far.
"
" -
Davsto

"
" -
DeathRowKitty

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”