Blitz 12: Double Trouble! (Game Over)

This forum was a trial run for quick games with deadlines no more than 96 hours per Day. Please see more here
Squirrelly
Squirrelly
Goon
Squirrelly
Goon
Goon

Post Post #500 (ISO) » Sun Dec 13, 2015 1:59 am

Post by Squirrelly »

Also 2 scum reads and even with PC town she still going after the same person, please, she's scum and should be lynched
AlwaysInnocent
AlwaysInnocent
Mafia Scum
AlwaysInnocent
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #501 (ISO) » Sun Dec 13, 2015 2:44 am

Post by AlwaysInnocent »

Having re-read some of Wanderer's posts, it seems indeed likely that she is scum. However, the fact that Albert B. is lurking should not be forgotten.

UNVOTE: Albert B.

VOTE: Wanderer-nl
"You've been furthering the win condition of the Mafia even better than the Mafia." - Dierfire
AlwaysInnocent
AlwaysInnocent
Mafia Scum
AlwaysInnocent
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #502 (ISO) » Sun Dec 13, 2015 3:00 am

Post by AlwaysInnocent »

Read List D2 V1

Squirrelly
: seems genuine and actively scumhunting
Ranger
: throws around random reads, without explanation, and then disappeared
Yakko
: might be deflecting from Wanderer if he is her scum buddy
Firebringer
: lurking
Flubbernugget
: null
Titus
: PR claim + specific claim to have jailed Squirrelly
Errantparabola
: seemed like he was actively scumhunting after all, so leans town
AlwaysInnocent
: very smart guy, obviously town
Albert B. Rampage
: heavily lurking
ZZZX
: null (lurking? dunno)
BeBopAReBop RhubarbPie
: apparently PR claim (need to read more to be sure)
wanderer-nl
: attacks me for no reason, writes a hard-to-read wall of comments and keeps going with it, even though she was proven wrong about Phantom
TheDominator37
: lurking?
Texcat
: no particular reason to suspect her yet, so null

Note that I have 6 people as scum. This does not seem unlikely to be true. It is a multi-ball game after all, and in these games the
scum : town ratio
is higher than usual (4:16).
"You've been furthering the win condition of the Mafia even better than the Mafia." - Dierfire
AlwaysInnocent
AlwaysInnocent
Mafia Scum
AlwaysInnocent
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #503 (ISO) » Sun Dec 13, 2015 3:02 am

Post by AlwaysInnocent »

Sorry, I meant the usual ratio is 4:12 (with a total of 16 players).
ZZZX
ZZZX
Survivor
ZZZX
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #504 (ISO) » Sun Dec 13, 2015 3:14 am

Post by ZZZX »

Caught up to yesterday. Tonight Ior tomorrow morning a full readlist shall emetrge
Implosion: I see ZZZX was
redacted
. For shame, people. For shame.
The Bulge: ZZZX is ZZZX
Get to know a ZZZX: http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=61&t=58733
texcat
texcat
Mafia Scum
texcat
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #505 (ISO) » Sun Dec 13, 2015 3:39 am

Post by texcat »

In post 483, Titus wrote:
Farside Always Innocent and I are confirmed town.

I missed something. But that's Ok, just tell me how confident you are in these reads.

UNVOTE:
VOTE: Errant
AlwaysInnocent
AlwaysInnocent
Mafia Scum
AlwaysInnocent
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #506 (ISO) » Sun Dec 13, 2015 3:50 am

Post by AlwaysInnocent »

Why Errant?
Flubbernugget
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #507 (ISO) » Sun Dec 13, 2015 4:50 am

Post by Flubbernugget »

B's question dodge in is ew.

Squirly not catching on to Titus's claim comes off as playing dumb
Flubbernugget
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #508 (ISO) » Sun Dec 13, 2015 4:56 am

Post by Flubbernugget »

In post 489, hi im Yakko wrote:I may or may not have skimmed the Titus v Squirelly. My understanding of it was a misunderstanding on titus' part. What misunderstanding I am not entirely sure. Whatever. Titus is dumbtelling right? What does that mean again? I'll go look on the wiki.

VOTE: texcat

I don't remeber them commiting to anything nor having any gamesolvey posts.

What is the case on wanderer?

Nobody is dumb telling

I don't like how uncommitted this post is to what just happened
Flubbernugget
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #509 (ISO) » Sun Dec 13, 2015 4:57 am

Post by Flubbernugget »

In post 498, AlwaysInnocent wrote:Anyway.

VOTE: Albert B. Rampage

For lurking.

Might change my vote to Wanderer later, but I do not feel like joining another wagon too soon, given that it ended up being a mislynch last time. I don't trust her, though.

D1 is almost always a mislynch

What's the problem here?
AlwaysInnocent
AlwaysInnocent
Mafia Scum
AlwaysInnocent
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #510 (ISO) » Sun Dec 13, 2015 5:02 am

Post by AlwaysInnocent »

In post 507, Flubbernugget wrote:B's question dodge in is ew.

Squirly not catching on to Titus's claim comes off as playing dumb
Bebop:

I still have squirrely as town stronger than anyone else in this thread.
AlwaysInnocent
AlwaysInnocent
Mafia Scum
AlwaysInnocent
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #511 (ISO) » Sun Dec 13, 2015 5:04 am

Post by AlwaysInnocent »

Bebop is pretty much confirmed town (or else he is in some deep shit later because scum gambits are generally sub-optimal).
Flubbernugget
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #512 (ISO) » Sun Dec 13, 2015 5:09 am

Post by Flubbernugget »

Considering this game is multiball (I missed where that came from but it's being stated and unchallenged so I'm going with it) Titus's play right out of the gate makes sense. I missed the crumb as well so I'm not huge on saying Titus fakeclaimed rn.

VOTE: Yakko

The discussion between the two was right to the point. It wasn't ate Laden and pedantic like most 1v1 is. Waffling on it comes off as scum fearing a potential for two conftown and not knowing what to do with it.
Flubbernugget
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #513 (ISO) » Sun Dec 13, 2015 5:10 am

Post by Flubbernugget »

I admittedly never fully caught up to d1 so I probably missed whatever is close to clearing Mr B.
AlwaysInnocent
AlwaysInnocent
Mafia Scum
AlwaysInnocent
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #514 (ISO) » Sun Dec 13, 2015 5:18 am

Post by AlwaysInnocent »

In post 512, Flubbernugget wrote:Considering this game is multiball (I missed where that came from but it's being stated and unchallenged so I'm going with it) Titus's play right out of the gate makes sense. I missed the crumb as well so I'm not huge on saying Titus fakeclaimed rn.

VOTE: Yakko

The discussion between the two was right to the point. It wasn't ate Laden and pedantic like most 1v1 is. Waffling on it comes off as scum fearing a potential for two conftown and not knowing what to do with it.
Yes. Multi-ball is confirmed by the mod (see rules).
AlwaysInnocent
AlwaysInnocent
Mafia Scum
AlwaysInnocent
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #515 (ISO) » Sun Dec 13, 2015 5:20 am

Post by AlwaysInnocent »

Flubber, why not Wanderer?
pisskop
pisskop
Survivor
pisskop
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #516 (ISO) » Sun Dec 13, 2015 5:41 am

Post by pisskop »

Votecount 2.01

wanderer-nl
- (3) Squirrelly, Titus, AlwaysInnocent
AlwaysInnocent
- (1) wanderer-nl
Errant Parabola
- (1) texcat
Hi Im Yakko
- (1) Flubbernugget
texcat
- (1) Hi Im Yakko

Not Voting:
BeBopAReBop, Ranger, Firebringer, Albert B. Rampage, TheDominator37, ErrantParabola, ZZZX

With 14 alive it takes 8 to lynch.
Deadline is 15DEC15, (expired on 2015-12-15 20:30:00)

Firebringer is v/la until Wensday
beeboy - Everyone thought this game was made to troll pie but it was really made to troll pisskop.
Almost50 pisskop: Overall, that's a townie slot. Don't ask for specifics because with PK everything can be interpreted either way. It's probably WHEN he says/does things that matter, so it's more of a matter of conception rather than solid reasoning.
Flubbernugget
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #517 (ISO) » Sun Dec 13, 2015 6:23 am

Post by Flubbernugget »

In post 515, AlwaysInnocent wrote:Flubber, why not Wanderer?

Why not Yakko?

What's the case on wanderer?
AlwaysInnocent
AlwaysInnocent
Mafia Scum
AlwaysInnocent
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #518 (ISO) » Sun Dec 13, 2015 7:08 am

Post by AlwaysInnocent »

The case against
Wanderer

In post 261, Wanderer-nl wrote:Did my first read-through (implying there will be another.. There will be but later, not this phase anymore)
Early townreads on
Squirrelly
and
Yakko
, scumleans on
Always
and
Dom
. I agree Dom is an easy target so with this many people around I'm ok to give him the blind eye for now.
My biggest scumread right now is
Phantom
. The reasons have already been mentioned, he seems to be more focussed on defending himself than actually scumhunting. For some players that actually can be a way to find scum, because the only alignment you can (usually and as town mostly) be sure of is your own, and having others explain their scumreads on you while you are town (or vice versa in multiball) can actually help one find out how full of bleep someone is. But he also started that bw on Firebringer while the guy hadn't even posted yet, and that's fine because those early wagons can be a nest of good info. Except Phantom didn't do anything with it. He didn't comment on anyone who voted, his reads that came after the wagon were nowhere based on the wagon he started except maybe his scumread on Firebringer, which he already seems to have forgotten about (which could be due to the meds @Phantom: maybe some clarity in how the meds affected your play would help us read you if it's not too forward for me to ask this.)

Imagine a vote on Phantom here. I'm going to bed soon and will actually put the format down after I wake up.
This was still on D1, when the wagon on Phantom was just starting to roll.

She was basically lurking until that point. Then she suddenly came up with that post, with really little evidence. But it gives the impression that she is actively scumhunting. Why was she townreading Yakko? Or Squirrelly? On what basis? Yakko hardly posted anything until that point. It just seems so random. Why was she scumreading me and Dom? Not sure, but what she says about Dom is telling: she admitted that Dom was an easy target and that she was OK with giving him a blind eye. Weird. Why was he an easy target anyway? He was not really a target at all at that point. It almost seems like she is accusing and defending him at the same time.

The reasons she gave for
Phantom
, who we know was a VT, were weak.

Then she came up with this "analysis" of my posts on D1 (my replies are in bold):

In post 339, Wanderer-nl wrote:As promised, AlwaysInnocent:
'correctly townreading me' rubs me the wrong way.
Annoying perhaps, but not alignment indicative.

and feel like he's trying to find out if it's a good idea to jump the wagon, but if he really wanted to find out the motivations behind the votes on Firebringer he could have directed his questions more directly instead of keeping it general. I'm hoping that thing about the wine was just a joke (in that case, I agree)
The next posts don't really look bad to me, he seems to be really trying to find out Ranger's motivation.
So she thinks I was being too general with my questioning of the Firebringer wagon. Entirely meaningless. It makes sense to ask general questions when you are not sure who to ask specifically. And yes, I was trying to find out Ranger's motivation, but she didn't give any.

the way he calls himself town in this one doesn't feel nearly as bad as 81,
I am town, though.

but I get annoyed at the reminders to it. And if people are incorrectly scumreading you it's your job to do something about that.
Unless it is their own fault for (deliberately?) misinterpreting my posts.

this vote comes so out of nowhere for me. His posts after this vote make it clear to me that it's OMGUS.
In a way, it was an OMGUS, with the emphasis on what I perceived as a sneaky push for my lynch. With Titus' nagging going on at the same time, I felt that I was being set up.

I think Always completely missed Yakko's point here and for me that indicates that he's not looking at this game with a town mindset.
I think you and Yakko were both missing my point. Anyway, missing a point is not necessarily alignment indicative.

Another point that flew right past Always.
Or not. And yet, my hypothetical incapability to grasp points is not alignment indicative. You are just trying to make your post longer, expecting that no-one will look too deeply into it.

Always vs Phantom is SvS from different teams.
Considering that he flipped town, we are both on the same team. I cannot say the same thing about you.

Or maybe not?
Maybe.

So he's not town now then? I get what you mean, it's just that it sounds so much like you know he's not town. A townie would ask 'as either alignment?' imo.
No, it does not sound like that all. It seems as if you are deliberately misinterpreting every post that I make.

This post screams wondering to get off his buddies wagon after that AtE Phantom made.
I was actually making a case against AtE.

But then I somehow came up with a scummy enough post for him to be able to unvote, ugh. Also wants to wait for the others first, how about making up your own mind instead? You might be waiting around for scum :/
You are making it seem as if "waiting for other voters" and "making up your own mind" are somehow mutually exclusive. I do make up my own mind, although I will always be influenced by other players, either directly (because of arguments/appeals/etc.) or indirectly (because of their actions). This is not a game that you play solo.

And here he's less active, ok stuff happens I don't blame you for that. It's just that it's so convenient to not be around for deadline while your buddy is being lynched and you just found an acceptable reason to unvote.
I cannot be active all the time. A really shitty reason to make me look bad, considering that I am more active than most players.

So, if we had more time I'd have voted here but I'm just as good with a Phantom-lynch.
Which we know was a mislynch. My lynch would be a mislynch as well. Voting for me at this stage is equivalent to scumclaiming.
AlwaysInnocent
AlwaysInnocent
Mafia Scum
AlwaysInnocent
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #519 (ISO) » Sun Dec 13, 2015 7:18 am

Post by AlwaysInnocent »

In post 500, Squirrelly wrote:Also 2 scum reads and even with PC town she still going after the same person, please, she's scum and should be lynched
And
this
TheDominator37
TheDominator37
Mafia Scum
TheDominator37
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #520 (ISO) » Sun Dec 13, 2015 7:28 am

Post by TheDominator37 »

Odd kill. Hmmm
AlwaysInnocent
AlwaysInnocent
Mafia Scum
AlwaysInnocent
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #521 (ISO) » Sun Dec 13, 2015 7:38 am

Post by AlwaysInnocent »

In post 520, TheDominator37 wrote:Odd kill. Hmmm
Why?
AlwaysInnocent
AlwaysInnocent
Mafia Scum
AlwaysInnocent
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #522 (ISO) » Sun Dec 13, 2015 7:45 am

Post by AlwaysInnocent »

Yakko might very well be scum, but he is harder to read, so I would not prioritize him over Wanderer.
AlwaysInnocent
AlwaysInnocent
Mafia Scum
AlwaysInnocent
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #523 (ISO) » Sun Dec 13, 2015 8:02 am

Post by AlwaysInnocent »

Expressing "surprise" at NKs is often a scumtell, especially when it is completely without substance. Ending your sentence with "hmm" makes it seem like you are deeply thinking about it, but in the end you say nothing worthwhile. Phantom was right to suspect you.

So
TheDominator
becomes red.
TheDominator37
TheDominator37
Mafia Scum
TheDominator37
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #524 (ISO) » Sun Dec 13, 2015 8:13 am

Post by TheDominator37 »

I just thought that Dwlee came out really scummy d1 and didn't make sense that the Mafia would kill him.

Return to “Blitz Games Trial”