Newbie 1667: Bushfire! (Game Over)

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
shrike
shrike
Goon
shrike
Goon
Goon

Post Post #400 (ISO) » Mon Dec 14, 2015 1:07 pm

Post by shrike »

In post 398, Radical Rat wrote:
In post 397, shrike wrote:
In post 370, Performer wrote:Who I'm most uncomfortable with being lynched for today's phase: gm, Azor, Radical.

Why are you comfortable with lynching gm? She's basically conf town.

Shrike, that says UNcomfortable

Oops, my bad.
Cheery Dog
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Kayak

Post Post #401 (ISO) » Mon Dec 14, 2015 1:17 pm

Post by Cheery Dog »

Votecount 2.05

vettrock (2) goodmorning; Performer;
Performer (2) ai_shuuu; shrike;
AzoriusSenate (1) This is my username;
Radical Rat (1) AzoriusSenate;
shrike (1) Radical Rat;
This is my username (0)
ai_shuuu (0)
goodmorning (0)

Not voting: vettrock;

With 8 alive, it takes 5 to lynch

Day 2 Deadline (expired on 2015-12-20 18:42:02)
Holder of the Longest Continuous Weekly Mafiascum Post Record. 1 July 2012 - 16 Feb 2023
*It may be held by someone else if you discount the major downtime in 2012 and 2014, I'm not doing the research.
shrike
shrike
Goon
shrike
Goon
Goon

Post Post #402 (ISO) » Mon Dec 14, 2015 1:18 pm

Post by shrike »

In post 384, Radical Rat wrote:I'm concerned about shrike.

So far toDay, he's only posted after a prod, and after being directly mentioned as lurking.

Performer did something similar, but just for one real-time day. Vettrock has also been inactive, but based on how long it took him to respond, it seems more like he is just busy.

Meanwhile, Shrike's explanation is "I can't find things to respond to." Personally, I think we have plenty to discuss between Azor and myself, TIMU's arrival, and the looming cloud of mystery that is Performer.

Azorious remains my ultimate scumread, but frankly we've reached a point where us yelling at each other does nothing but clog the thread.

Therefore....

VOTE: shrike

I think this vote on me is pretty unjustified, although you doing it does help me generate more content :] .
Personally, I think we have plenty to discuss between Azor and myself, TIMU's arrival, and the looming cloud of mystery that is Performer.

I posted my thoughts on the interaction between you and Azorius in .
I posted my view of TIMU's arrival in . I still think people are townreading him too hard for what are basically low effort, stream-of-consciousness type posts.
As demonstrated by my vote on performer I see him as scummy. However I might read over his posts again to solidify my views.
Radical Rat
Radical Rat
They/Them
Jack of All Trades
Radical Rat
They/Them
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #403 (ISO) » Mon Dec 14, 2015 1:38 pm

Post by Radical Rat »

Now, here's something I found interesting, and explains a good bit.

As you'll recall, what started my campaign against Azorious was him saying that by putting format in one of my posts, I looked scummy.

Why would he think that makes people scummy? It doesn't make any sense.... Or does it?

Take a quick look at his ISO. You'll find that while it's been largely absent Day 2... His Day 1 posts have been FULL of underlines and color emphasis.

My theory: He considered this scummy BECAUSE he, as scum, was guilty!

Now that this is no longer a dead end
VOTE: AzoriousSenate
shrike
shrike
Goon
shrike
Goon
Goon

Post Post #404 (ISO) » Mon Dec 14, 2015 1:47 pm

Post by shrike »

In post 403, Radical Rat wrote:Take a quick look at his ISO. You'll find that while it's been largely absent Day 2... His Day 1 posts have been FULL of underlines and color emphasis.

This is getting ridiculous. You are correct that his original scumread on you was weird, however you've taken it so much further than it needed to be. I went through his posts and the only one I found which used underline was . I couldn't see any colour other than when he quoted performer. If I missed something feel free to link me.
shrike
shrike
Goon
shrike
Goon
Goon

Post Post #405 (ISO) » Mon Dec 14, 2015 1:49 pm

Post by shrike »

In post 384, Radical Rat wrote:Azorious remains my ultimate scumread, but frankly we've reached a point where us yelling at each other
does nothing but clog the thread
Radical Rat
Radical Rat
They/Them
Jack of All Trades
Radical Rat
They/Them
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #406 (ISO) » Mon Dec 14, 2015 2:11 pm

Post by Radical Rat »

I didn't just go back to look for that specifically.

I found it while I was reading back through Day 1, and I happened to notice. If you go back through toDay's posts, you'll see that I haven't really been dwelling on that point so much as his reactions to what was nothing more than a hasty vote born from bitterness.

I simply saw this, and it explained too much for me to ignore.
Plus, so what if he only used it on a few posts? I only used it on one.
shrike
shrike
Goon
shrike
Goon
Goon

Post Post #407 (ISO) » Mon Dec 14, 2015 2:19 pm

Post by shrike »

In post 406, Radical Rat wrote:I didn't just go back to look for that specifically.

I found it while I was reading back through Day 1, and I happened to notice. If you go back through toDay's posts, you'll see that I haven't really been dwelling on that point so much as his reactions to what was nothing more than a hasty vote born from bitterness.

I simply saw this, and it explained too much for me to ignore.
Plus, so what if he only used it on a few posts? I only used it on one.

He only used underlining on one post. He never used colour. You're misrepresenting him. I find this especially weird when there plenty of reasons to actually think of him as scummy.
I had a short look at the second game you linked where you're mafia. You seem to like the tactic of scumhunting based on really small things. I don't think doing it in this game makes you mafia necessarily, however it has made me re-evaluate my day one town read on you.

Offtopic:
Seeing as your games were on smashboards, do you play melee? If you do, do you live in Australia? I'm looking for people to netplay with.
Radical Rat
Radical Rat
They/Them
Jack of All Trades
Radical Rat
They/Them
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #408 (ISO) » Mon Dec 14, 2015 2:42 pm

Post by Radical Rat »

I do play Melee, but I'm in the US I'm afraid.

I took another look through that, and he DID use color. However, I did grossly misjudge the frequency, because it got quoted a lot. That's my bad.

Now that you've looked at my Mafia game, go look at my Town game. Nitpicky scumhunting is even worse there. I literally jumped on people for typos, which was really quite terrible of me. In my defence though, that guy WAS mafia.
shrike
shrike
Goon
shrike
Goon
Goon

Post Post #409 (ISO) » Mon Dec 14, 2015 2:54 pm

Post by shrike »

In post 408, Radical Rat wrote:I do play Melee, but I'm in the US I'm afraid.

I took another look through that, and he DID use color. However, I did grossly misjudge the frequency, because it got quoted a lot. That's my bad.

Now that you've looked at my Mafia game, go look at my Town game. Nitpicky scumhunting is even worse there. I literally jumped on people for typos, which was really quite terrible of me. In my defence though, that guy WAS mafia.

I did look at your town game too. I didn't want to bring it up because it seemed you made a lot of mistakes, meaning your current play would be different. I don't like to base reads too heavily off past games anyway.
Can you link to a post where he uses colour (not saying him using colour is a scumtell or anything, but I'm curious now)?
Radical Rat
Radical Rat
They/Them
Jack of All Trades
Radical Rat
They/Them
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #410 (ISO) » Mon Dec 14, 2015 3:05 pm

Post by Radical Rat »

It's in the quotes. Like all of them. He'd highlight all the "scummy" bits in red.
shrike
shrike
Goon
shrike
Goon
Goon

Post Post #411 (ISO) » Mon Dec 14, 2015 3:30 pm

Post by shrike »

Both the people he quoted used red in their original posts. See and .
Radical Rat
Radical Rat
They/Them
Jack of All Trades
Radical Rat
They/Them
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #412 (ISO) » Mon Dec 14, 2015 3:41 pm

Post by Radical Rat »

Wow.

Well, don't I feel like an idiot now.

Azorious, you are officially absolved of the charged hypocrisy.

However, Shrike's been really helpful now that he's actually posting, so I'm really not comfortable voting for anyone else, and since I still don't like Azor's reactions as well as the comment that started this mess, my vote stays.

I'm open to new cases should they arise, however.
This is my username
This is my username
Goon
This is my username
Goon
Goon

Post Post #413 (ISO) » Tue Dec 15, 2015 2:03 am

Post by This is my username »

Alright, so RR is also kind of tunneling Azorius but, thankfully, he's actually been doing things
other than
casing Azorius. I think he's Town!tunneling because he's at least trying to come up with other things.

Meanwhile, Azorius is just looking at RR to see if he can say anything that could make others vote for him. He isn't doing a single thing to case anyone else. That is why I think he is Scum!tunneling.

Also, seeing shrike post I'm glad that he's trying to stop RR from tunneling Azorius with his most recent case. It seems pretty sincere and Town-like to me.
goodmorning
goodmorning
Any
Survivor
goodmorning
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #414 (ISO) » Tue Dec 15, 2015 3:02 am

Post by goodmorning »

In post 389, AzoriusSenate wrote:
In post 383, Performer wrote:
Anyway, I would support a Azorius lynch and if he's Mafia probably a vettrock lynch since RR would pretty much be clear if he flips scum.

@ai well, TiMU's post above demands elaboration.

Ai's other things in his following post, in , spoke of things I already addressed so I don't see his purpose of that post in calling me out. His continued tunnel on me for who-knows-what, is getting stranger every day.
-----
I really don't see why folks scumread Radical. His and read Townie to me, and with the rest of his ISO - he's not scummy to me.
As for Azor, his interactions on pg 15 in d2, moved me to put him in my townread pile – those came across as genuinely frustrated town to me.

You townread RR for talking about hypothetical game mechanics? Could you elaborate on that?

This is actually a very good question, especially given that those are probably the least towny posts Rat has posted.

--
shrike is Town, add that guy to my townlist pronto.
TIMU is still kind of underwhelming.
Performer brings up a valid point about vettrock.
EFFORT IS NOT INDICATIVE OF ALIGNMENT
LA during normal working and sleeping hours EST

Get to know a very pleasant AM.
Cheery Dog
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Kayak

Post Post #415 (ISO) » Tue Dec 15, 2015 8:20 am

Post by Cheery Dog »

Searching for a vettrock replacement

Filled by Jake from State Farm
Holder of the Longest Continuous Weekly Mafiascum Post Record. 1 July 2012 - 16 Feb 2023
*It may be held by someone else if you discount the major downtime in 2012 and 2014, I'm not doing the research.
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #416 (ISO) » Tue Dec 15, 2015 8:35 am

Post by Jake from State Farm »

hey guys, will try and catchup as soon as possible.
Robbed of a scummy for what had to be the best unvote in mafiascum history.

Sometimes I get heated and don’t realize it. If I get like this please somebody tell me to take a break and chill out. Thanks in advance.
AzoriusSenate
AzoriusSenate
Goon
AzoriusSenate
Goon
Goon

Post Post #417 (ISO) » Tue Dec 15, 2015 8:39 am

Post by AzoriusSenate »

In post 392, ai_shuuu wrote:azorius
Why "pretty post" is necessarily aligment indicative?
About vet, yes i see that too. Actually i want to see how far vet would go for PC lynch. But his lack of activity make it hard for me... Oh well...
A question for you, if you're scum what would you do on day 1? Adding more fuel on Phantom lynch or sit around and see things happen from somewhere save?

My thought about the "pretty post" as you put it is that it is possibly a byproduct of scum trying to "look" townie. It's not a hard read or anything like that. My FoS on Rat stems from the reaction to my post about it. Rat has grossly overreacted in my opinion. So if I'm scum day one I think I would make it a priority NOT to be the hammering vote on any townies. I think I would have voted and stuck on someone a lot earlier than I did. To go into meta for a second, as town I usually vote very late in the day periods. I wanted to be sure of my reads etc. I think I stated in a post before this that I intended to hammer PC when I saw GM had counter claimed b/c at the time I was reading GM as fairly townie, more so that PC.

In post 399, shrike wrote:
In post 367, AzoriusSenate wrote:
I AM voting on RR right now. Is there something wrong with putting pressure on people? IMO if we sit back and do NOTHING this game other than pat each other on the back for town reads we ARE GOING TO LOSE. So don't tell me that I'm suspicious when I am the most townie here besides GM.

I like the first part of this post, however calling youself "the most townie here besides GM" is pretty weird

In post 374, AzoriusSenate wrote:
I think I like shrike as town for now along with GM as town.

I feel like you could be saying you like me as town because I've played along with one of your jokes and I left the wagon on you. Could you actually justify why I appear town to you?

In post 396, Performer wrote:@everyone except the SEs & IC: I understand you guys are new to this site. But if you guys are finding it too challenging to tell who is the right person to vote, then look over the following points.

1. IC gm is near-confirmed town
2. I am an SE and am town
3a. vet is also an SE but he has been heavy lurking, and his posts don't scream town to me. So we can't trust him
b. He never replied to my questioning of him, either
c. He also never replied to gm
4. Everyone who has not been wanting to vote him despite the situation's facts, is only going to be more suspect by day's end. We only have 6 days left and I'd like for us to consolidate our votes ahead of time. I also have limited access this week
5. The remaining experienced (SE Performer and IC goodmorning) town players aren't perfect, but you guys need to believe in us. Have faith in us and vote vet.
6. One big question to ask yourselves, is this question when you have trouble voting or reading someone: are you going to be comfortable if said person is left in LyLo?

I really don't like this post. Point #2 is pretty weird as obviously everyone is going to claim they're town. Furthermore, you're trying to use your position as SE to influence our votes. Your points about vettrock aren't bad, however point #4 is really manipulative and you're threatening people to get them to vote with you. By point #6, do you mean left alive until a LyLo, or not voted in LyLo?

My vote on TIMU isn't doing much, so VOTE: Performer
My reads are:
Scummy - Performer, Azorius, vettrock
Neutral - RR, TIMU, ai_shuuu
Townie - GM

Sorry about the "most townie" thing. The Day has been getting shorter and shorter and not much progress has been made so that post was partly made in frustration. I think you've been helpful today, giving what I consider "solid" reads so far. I guess I should say my town reads usually are only good for single days. Just reread your last couple of posts, I think I agree that Performer is trying to use their experience as some sort of mechanism for us to sheep. Based on that post and a couple of other posts you've made today I can consider you town for now. You seem to be evaluating the game in a town manner.
Plains and Islands
AzoriusSenate
AzoriusSenate
Goon
AzoriusSenate
Goon
Goon

Post Post #418 (ISO) » Tue Dec 15, 2015 8:46 am

Post by AzoriusSenate »

In post 403, Radical Rat wrote:Now, here's something I found interesting, and explains a good bit.

As you'll recall, what started my campaign against Azorious was him saying that by putting format in one of my posts, I looked scummy.

Why would he think that makes people scummy? It doesn't make any sense.... Or does it?

Take a quick look at his ISO. You'll find that while it's been largely absent Day 2... His Day 1 posts have been FULL of underlines and color emphasis.

My theory: He considered this scummy BECAUSE he, as scum, was guilty!

Now that this is no longer a dead end
VOTE: AzoriousSenate

So if you go back and look at my posts, the only bit of touch up I used was in this post:
Let me start off by asking you WHY DID YOU SELF-VOTE AS COP???

It put so much negative light on you and now you are hardclaiming cop. :facepalm:

Also, you outting is so bad dude. At this point, if you are telling the truth about your claim, mafia either A. Is going to kill you tonight B. Has a roleblocker and is going to stop you from using your night action until we lynch that person.

I'm not even sure I believe your freakin' claim dude.

In which I used some underlining to point out some very important details.

I'm not really sure where this read is coming from. You could not have spent that much time cooking it up because it literally took me less than five minutes to fact check you and you're wrong. Is this some kind of act of desperation to FoS me? Yet again you've voted on me simply because I'm applying pressure to you.
Plains and Islands
AzoriusSenate
AzoriusSenate
Goon
AzoriusSenate
Goon
Goon

Post Post #419 (ISO) » Tue Dec 15, 2015 8:49 am

Post by AzoriusSenate »

In post 413, This is my username wrote:Alright, so RR is also kind of tunneling Azorius but, thankfully, he's actually been doing things
other than
casing Azorius. I think he's Town!tunneling because he's at least trying to come up with other things.

Meanwhile, Azorius is just looking at RR to see if he can say anything that could make others vote for him. He isn't doing a single thing to case anyone else. That is why I think he is Scum!tunneling.

Also, seeing shrike post I'm glad that he's trying to stop RR from tunneling Azorius with his most recent case. It seems pretty sincere and Town-like to me.

TIMU, did you fact check the FoS on me? It is completely unfounded and it looks like Rat put no effort into the FoS at all! How is Rat town-tunneling when there is no basis besides pressure that I am applying? Also, are you ONLY reading the posts where I interact with Rat? I have made PLENTY of other posts this game that interact with other players and give reads on other players. I don't understand why you are town reading Rat for OMGUS-ing me with not effort put into it.
Plains and Islands
AzoriusSenate
AzoriusSenate
Goon
AzoriusSenate
Goon
Goon

Post Post #420 (ISO) » Tue Dec 15, 2015 8:57 am

Post by AzoriusSenate »

Updated reads list:

Town: Gm, shrike, Ai
Null: Performer, Timu, Jake
Scum: Rad Rat
Plains and Islands
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #421 (ISO) » Tue Dec 15, 2015 10:19 am

I'm taking my time going through each page. Will take some time since I need to be on a computer. I'll still be staying current on my phone so I don't get even further behind

Sometimes I get heated and don’t realize it. If I get like this please somebody tell me to take a break and chill out. Thanks in advance.
goodmorning
goodmorning
Any
Survivor
goodmorning
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #422 (ISO) » Tue Dec 15, 2015 12:04 pm

Post by goodmorning »

In post 416, Jake from State Farm wrote:hey guys, will try and catchup as soon as possible.

Jake!

I think you might be Scum by PoE, sorry.

Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #423 (ISO) » Tue Dec 15, 2015 12:08 pm

In post 422, goodmorning wrote:
In post 416, Jake from State Farm wrote:hey guys, will try and catchup as soon as possible.

Jake!

I think you might be Scum by PoE, sorry.

Well your Poe sucks then

goodmorning
goodmorning
Any
Survivor
goodmorning
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #424 (ISO) » Tue Dec 15, 2015 12:16 pm

Post by goodmorning »

Well, I have shrike and ai as Town; Rat, Azorius, and Performer keep flipping into and out of that category; so that leaves you and TIMU.

I don't think it's that bad a PoE.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”