3dicerolling
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3150 (ISO) » Tue Jan 12, 2016 4:11 pm

Post by 3dicerolling »

In post 3148, Elbirn wrote:
In post 3144, 3dicerolling wrote:
In post 3143, Elbirn wrote:I think drixx is being silly

RP 4 scum is reasonable and I have to admit it's what I was expecting, but I was hit with a curiosity that there might be 5..? Does that sound reasonable or is that too many scum?

At any rate 3 is certainly too few.

Yaaay pointless set up spec
Am I helping
Guys am I helping

What about multiball? Also, if you think it's multiball, do you feel that changes your opinion on Learned hand?

I don't think multi ball

For one I've never played one in my like 20 games on site so it's not even something I think about

On top of that we have 2 dead scum with the same flavor, none of which indicates scum

So yeah.

Let's say it is multiball. Would you think LH is town or not?
DiamondSentinel
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3151 (ISO) » Tue Jan 12, 2016 4:13 pm

Post by DiamondSentinel »

In post 3149, Elbirn wrote:
In post 3120, DiamondSentinel wrote:
Just a public service announcement: Remember that claiming WILL NOT determine alignment! Just because someone claims doesn't mean that they are town. They can be telling the truth about their claim and still be scum. It is for this reason that I highly recommend AGAINST any more claiming as it gets us virtually nowhere.

In post 3121, DiamondSentinel wrote:I really want to lynch LH, but if they really are proven, then this sucks.

It's funny how the 2 scummiest people are proven. KC is innocent child, and LH apparently was targeted by weak-jeanne.

In post 3130, DiamondSentinel wrote:Hmm, thank you for that!

VOTE: Learned Hand

Did we determine that this guy is town already?
Cuz I can see a world in which LH is somehow town and DS is really pissed that he might lose a mislynch. Like he is way too over eager and is upset about lh being town possibly, like dafuk?

Elbrin, use your brain. We literally just completed a scum game together. Does my behavior look remotely like that?
“Why was I chosen?'
'Such questions cannot be answered,' said Gandalf. 'You may be sure that it was not for any merit that others do not possess. But you have been chosen, and you must therefore use such strength and heart and wits as you have.”
DiamondSentinel
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3152 (ISO) » Tue Jan 12, 2016 4:13 pm

In post 3150, 3dicerolling wrote:
In post 3148, Elbirn wrote:
In post 3144, 3dicerolling wrote:
In post 3143, Elbirn wrote:I think drixx is being silly

RP 4 scum is reasonable and I have to admit it's what I was expecting, but I was hit with a curiosity that there might be 5..? Does that sound reasonable or is that too many scum?

At any rate 3 is certainly too few.

Yaaay pointless set up spec
Am I helping
Guys am I helping

What about multiball? Also, if you think it's multiball, do you feel that changes your opinion on Learned hand?

I don't think multi ball

For one I've never played one in my like 20 games on site so it's not even something I think about

On top of that we have 2 dead scum with the same flavor, none of which indicates scum

So yeah.

If it's multiball, and the weak thing isn't considered, then I'd say LH is nearly 100% scum.
“Why was I chosen?'
'Such questions cannot be answered,' said Gandalf. 'You may be sure that it was not for any merit that others do not possess. But you have been chosen, and you must therefore use such strength and heart and wits as you have.”
Elbirn
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Content Aficionado

Post Post #3153 (ISO) » Tue Jan 12, 2016 4:18 pm

Post by Elbirn »

In post 3150, 3dicerolling wrote:

I don't see how it being multiball would matter either way.

I already think LH is scum.

I'd like to be proven wrong about that actually cuz I actually quite respect titus and drixx, but barring a cop innocent or this dream role card thing coming to pass, they're scum.
Elbirn
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Content Aficionado

Post Post #3154 (ISO) » Tue Jan 12, 2016 4:19 pm

Post by Elbirn »

In post 3121, DiamondSentinel wrote:I really want to lynch LH, but if they really are proven, then this sucks.

It's funny how the 2 scummiest people are proven. KC is innocent child, and LH apparently was targeted by weak-jeanne.

@DS

Ignoring your rhetorical question. Do you see how bad this is?

If LH were to be confirmed town, why would that "suck"?
3dicerolling
3dicerolling
Mafia Scum
3dicerolling
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3155 (ISO) » Tue Jan 12, 2016 4:21 pm

Post by 3dicerolling »

True. I was just curious if you would show any back down from your opinion, but I see that you don't so :]
DiamondSentinel
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3156 (ISO) » Tue Jan 12, 2016 4:25 pm

In post 3154, Elbirn wrote:

@DS

It would suck for the same reason that KC being confirmed sucks.

We have a scummy person as town, so that's one less effective scum read, and who should go about being town leader isn't helping.
“Why was I chosen?'
Learned Hand
Learned Hand
Goon
Learned Hand
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3157 (ISO) » Tue Jan 12, 2016 4:31 pm

Post by Learned Hand »

Except I've already proven I know how to play as IC, and the dream that reveals our role card essentially makes me that. Just saying.

For a second, I had hope that Elbirn was re-evaluating his assumptions, but the last couple posts he swings back the other way.

~D
RolePlay25
RolePlay25
Mafia Scum
RolePlay25
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3158 (ISO) » Tue Jan 12, 2016 4:40 pm

Post by RolePlay25 »

But actually, you've put enough time and effort into this game to deserve to know why I wanted you dead yesterday, before Itle flipped, before anything else. I might not like you on a personal level, but I won't deny the time you've put into this game is enormous. Everyone who hates text walls, you can ignore this.

The first thing that really pinged me was this post:

In post 257, Learned Hand wrote:3dice may be scum. Glad we're on the same page but for maybe tn.

Why is TN town?

I really don't like the lynch the millers talk.

~Titus

Now one of the reasons I like wagon building (besides the fact I can't lynch people with one vote, why am I never a vig :igmeou:) is that it forces people to take a stand. Love it, hate it, you can't ignore someone running around like a chicken with his head cut off trying to get someone else lynched (oh and TN was really scummy too, this makes it vastly better). If I pull back the curtain a little, the reads you generate AROUND this wagon are better than the reads you generate on the target. And this post is fucking odd. I tend to reread and reevaluate a LOT. I didn't pick up on it at the time, but in reread, it stands out perhaps even more than Mass Flop's post. It's really shadowing Mass Flop if TN flips scum, while still buddying with them. Titus works with people, at times, sure (mostly if they do what she wants to do) but if she isn't sure TN is town, then why isn't she, I dunno, pushing them? I was still being agent 007, you just don't generate lynch pressure by being silly in thread (even if everything I did was hardly subtle about its drive or intent). There's 17 people, yadda yadda, I forget half myself on day 1, but still... that's oddly specific thing to have occur.

The real treat is the Jeanne wagon though. That wagon is the gift that keeps on giving. I may be wrong, but I think it will stand as the single strongest information source in the entire game at the end. It's really why I had to drop my plan of essentially Cerberusing with more wagon building day 1 and do everything I could to abort it. I mean yadda yadda, I like how I look in the mirror, but more interesting things happened on that wagon than anywhere else in the game (if firestarter reads anything, the 20 pages of lynch Jeanne should be it).

So these are stupidly town sentiments:

Spoiler:
In post 323, Learned Hand wrote:
In post 300, Jeanne11 wrote:So take a hike.

In post 303, Jeanne11 wrote:@Learned Hand Teach me not to die in Day 1.

Saying shit like this and only stupid people scumread you day 1 is overly antagonistic. Second, it's false. All you're doing is making people WANT to lynch you. Every ounce of information revealed MUST have a purpose. I don't see any reason for Lol claiming mason. That's what you do AFTER the scums wagon you, not before.

Think before you post. Does this post help people read me, show someone as scum, help solve an alignment or unify town? If no, don't post it.

I am a stubborn dick at points, but you must know what you are doing.

~Titus
In post 338, Learned Hand wrote:
In post 334, Jeanne11 wrote:I have a reason. It's so people stop focusing on me and focus on actual scum. Claiming mason seems the most efficient means towards doing that.

It was two votes on Day 1. Do not ever claim D1 unless less than 48 hours until deadline (or Blitz equivalent) or you're at L minus one.

Scums being out to get you is the state of the game. You denied the group the ability to see who would vote you.

The first lynch is usually on town. We want to see who votes whom organically. That's the whole point of hunting scum. If you deny scum the opportunity to be scummy, no one else will see it.

Now, turn your attention to the whole game state. Give reads on every player using critical thinking and specific posts. Do not quote the posts. Use post tags.

~Titus

Although we note the "first lynch being on town" thing is one of those little observations that sends my town read of a player plummeting. It's a kind of patting them on the back and saying "it's not a big deal" as you mislynch them. Then the bullshit occurs. This is very NOT TOWN bullshit.

There's stuff like this:

In post 517, Learned Hand wrote:Elbrin isn't a good townread. Upon reading that VC, Agent Titus is moving back to DS. The company (minus Jeanne and roleplay) isn't good on TN and his response although pretty offensive to me personally, reeks of town wanting to sort people.

It itches. It itches a lot. It feels like a cheap reason to unvote. Bad reads are bad and all, sure, fine, but that reasoning feels super cheap.

In post 785, Learned Hand wrote:VOTE: Jeanne

Our hydra can't read anything with the volume of Jeanne's wifom crap.

Like that post to me reads like a white knight from Cerb but I can't exactly get much from him to tell.

Then you unvote. Then this. This post. This post.

In post 795, Learned Hand wrote:
No. I am trying to read you through the noise. If you are using it to avoid content, then I cannot read you.

I have scumreads on DS and TN.

Drixx just has policy lynch a Jeanne.

It's not a matter of keeping up, it's a matter of getting content from everyone else to read them.

~Titus

You and Titus are different people, right Drixx? But Titus is Titus.

In post 321, Learned Hand wrote:
In post 316, Jeanne11 wrote:Okay, so how do I prove I am town?!

Find us scum.

In post 841, Learned Hand wrote:VOTE: Jeanne11

Too much noise and too much smokescreen for scum to hide in. Could have the most incredible role ever conceived and I would still want to get rid of the noise.

~Drixx

She knows the truth. Do not prove you are town. Find scum. Town-Titus would go and grab DS or TN and make them the lynch candidate. She would kick the town in the nads until they shut the fuck up and did something productive. It was not so hard a thing to do. Granted, I moved it to Sharky, which might not have been a better choice than TN (even if it worked out in the end, hey! Results, right?) but there are ways to get the town in order. Titus mostly complained the town wasn't in order, you gave the town permission to kill Jeanne to "stop the noise".

Your day 1 compulsive desperado suggestion was sheerly amazing. I like it even now. Buuuut that's theory. Anyone can fake theory, because it's just finding the best move on a chess board.

This is the most glaring contradiction of all:

In post 1218, Learned Hand wrote:
In post 1214, Cerberus v666 wrote:It's not even a one for one, it's a guaranteed kill. Of course there's no reason for tn to not falsely claim ascetic now. I guess in that case we choose someone else to be the desperado, and likely lynch tn. A desperado at sharky seems best btw, clearing him is really really good.

I still stand by that TN should pick who to desperado with Sharky being a suggestion.
If the desperado is dreamed as I describe

"I dream that I invent a desperado gun to TN." Then Sharky is likely town.

TN picking says volumes about his alignment.

You want the gun to go to TN. You talk about what TN can do with it, etc., etc. It goes to EP. What do you ask EP to do?

In post 1257, Learned Hand wrote:
In post 1252, 3dicerolling wrote:So errant targets sharky, and if sharky is town errant dies?

Why did you decide to give it to errant? I thought you were giving it to tn?

I would rather errant target Cerb or tn now. The fact Sharky appears to have picked someone other than tn is startling.

Tn is the more universal choice. Cerb would stop this hydra from debating his alignment.

THIS IS A SCUM CLAIM

Heat of the moment, EP has a gun. Titus reacts. Titus has to make a choice. What does she tell EP to do? After being on "give it to TN, give it to TN, give it to TN" she ADDS CERBERUS TO THE LIST.

Where does that come from? Where is that coming from? What is that doing?

Gun on TN, TN goes "I didn't get anything" or "I got a weird message" or god knows what. Or gets a fucking day vig and becomes scum day assassin. Then maybe we lynch Sharky for fakeclaiming. Or leave TN be. Do something else. Go after DS or Jeanne or KC or anyone really.

Desperado/Gun on EP, EP shoots TN, goddamn disaster. Titus knows that, and in that moment wants a way out. Thought. Reaction. Choice. Scum.

Too much, too much. That reaction, I could lynch on that reaction alone. What is it, where is it coming from?
Elbirn
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Content Aficionado

Post Post #3159 (ISO) » Tue Jan 12, 2016 4:41 pm

Post by Elbirn »

In post 3156, DiamondSentinel wrote:

@DS

We have a scummy person as town, so that's one less effective scum read, and who should go about being town leader isn't helping.

Yet we're still in a situation here where you're lamenting the loss of a lynch on town.

1. We think x is scum
2. We mod confirm that x isn't scum
3. We don't have to waste a lynch on x, and the game is closer to PoE. Hooray! This is good!

I can't decide if your opinion here is scumtacular or just suboptimal town play.

Pedit: oh god wallpost
RolePlay25
RolePlay25
Mafia Scum
RolePlay25
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3160 (ISO) » Tue Jan 12, 2016 4:47 pm

Post by RolePlay25 »

YES SUE ME

I TEND TO HATE MAKING THEM

ALSO NO ONE THINKS MY REASONING IS ANY GOOD

SO W/E IT DIDN'T COME OFF A WIKI PAGE OH NO IT DID NOT. AND WHAT ELSE CAN YOU LYNCH OFF OF BUT MAFIA THEORY?
DiamondSentinel
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3161 (ISO) » Tue Jan 12, 2016 4:52 pm

In post 3159, Elbirn wrote:
In post 3156, DiamondSentinel wrote:

@DS

Yet we're still in a situation here where you're lamenting the loss of a lynch on town.

1. We think x is scum
2. We mod confirm that x isn't scum
3. We don't have to waste a lynch on x, and the game is closer to PoE. Hooray! This is good!

I can't decide if your opinion here is scumtacular or just suboptimal town play.

Pedit: oh god wallpost

A beautifully short-sighted post. Yes, the numbers make it sound good. But the fact that person X isn't helping doesn't help us. A good game will have mislynches built in, so there is no reason not to use them on anyone anti-town. But then again, what do I know?
“Why was I chosen?'
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #3162 (ISO) » Tue Jan 12, 2016 4:55 pm

Post by Firebringer »

So......what should I do?
Show
"You are the Joker of mafia players" - Oversoul
"last time I was scum with Firebringer
his first post in the scum PT was "yes I rolled scum!"
I decided to post "haha just don't post that in the main thread", but to get up to date on the main thread first.

His first post in the main thread was "yes I rolled scum!" -popsofctown
Elbirn
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Content Aficionado

Post Post #3163 (ISO) » Tue Jan 12, 2016 4:58 pm

Post by Elbirn »

In post 3160, RolePlay25 wrote:YES SUE ME

I TEND TO HATE MAKING THEM

ALSO NO ONE THINKS MY REASONING IS ANY GOOD

SO W/E IT DIDN'T COME OFF A WIKI PAGE OH NO IT DID NOT. AND WHAT ELSE CAN YOU LYNCH OFF OF BUT MAFIA THEORY?

Mane I ain't complaining, I read it, I like it. It makes me feel even more confident in LH = scum

It's still probably more optimal to use our daydreamer to find out their alignment for sure but yeah, you do good work.
Elbirn
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Content Aficionado

Post Post #3164 (ISO) » Tue Jan 12, 2016 5:03 pm

Post by Elbirn »

In post 3161, DiamondSentinel wrote:
A beautifully short-sighted post. Yes, the numbers make it sound good. But the fact that person X isn't helping doesn't help us. A good game will have mislynches built in, so there is no reason not to use them on anyone anti-town. But then again, what do I know?

So basically

You're not trying to find scum
You're trying to punish people who are playing badly

In other words
Exactly what itlepip was doing
DiamondSentinel
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3165 (ISO) » Tue Jan 12, 2016 5:05 pm

In post 3162, Firebringer wrote:So......what should I do?

Do what you want. I'm serious. Don't let town push you around like that.

If you want to go desperado, go ahead.
If you want to confirm LH, go ahead.
If you want to do my idea, go ahead.

PEdit: No, I'm lynching people who are anti-town, because IF YOU ARE AGAINST TOWN, YOU ARE FOR SCUM. ITS SIMPLE LOGIC.
If you think that's scummy, then lynch me, but then lynch Elbrin next for engaging this farce.
“Why was I chosen?'
Elbirn
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Content Aficionado

Post Post #3166 (ISO) » Tue Jan 12, 2016 5:16 pm

Post by Elbirn »

You're antitown for telling firebringer to not listen to town and to make suboptimal plays

Now what?
3dicerolling
3dicerolling
Mafia Scum
3dicerolling
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3167 (ISO) » Tue Jan 12, 2016 5:37 pm

Post by 3dicerolling »

In post 3166, Elbirn wrote:You're antitown for telling firebringer to not listen to town and to make suboptimal plays

Now what?

This is actually pretty on par with my thoughts
Klingoncelt
Klingoncelt
Jack of All Trades
Klingoncelt
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3168 (ISO) » Tue Jan 12, 2016 5:42 pm

Post by Klingoncelt »

In post 2923, Cerberus v666 wrote:Cool thanks.
LH?
Mass flop?
Davsto?
DS?
Everyone else?

Note I don't give a fuck about what you did or didn't try to do. I only want to know if unexpected things happened. That's it.

Nothing happened to me.
Klingoncelt: "The whole scumteam slipped on page 1. It's the new meta. Sheep me because my reads are so accurate that whoever I name gets mod-converted to scum."
-
MiniDeathStar
DiamondSentinel
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3169 (ISO) » Tue Jan 12, 2016 5:57 pm

In post 3167, 3dicerolling wrote:
In post 3166, Elbirn wrote:You're antitown for telling firebringer to not listen to town and to make suboptimal plays

Now what?

This is actually pretty on par with my thoughts

Which was. My opinion or Elbrin's?

Also, I'm not saying to go against town. I'm convinced that some of our "town leaders" are in fact mafia. So I am advising him to go based on his own will. Anti-Town would be for me to tell him to only do mine.
“Why was I chosen?'
RolePlay25
RolePlay25
Mafia Scum
RolePlay25
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3170 (ISO) » Tue Jan 12, 2016 6:01 pm

Post by RolePlay25 »

Desperado to Davsto, using the language similar to Dramonic's.

Desperado only kills target if they're scum.
Klingoncelt
Klingoncelt
Jack of All Trades
Klingoncelt
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3171 (ISO) » Tue Jan 12, 2016 6:06 pm

Post by Klingoncelt »

In post 3033, 3dicerolling wrote:If it's a desperado, I think it should go to LH, if it's a daycop, it should go to klingon

Why?
Klingoncelt: "The whole scumteam slipped on page 1. It's the new meta. Sheep me because my reads are so accurate that whoever I name gets mod-converted to scum."
-
MiniDeathStar
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #3172 (ISO) » Tue Jan 12, 2016 6:55 pm

Post by Firebringer »

In post 3165, DiamondSentinel wrote:

Do what you want. I'm serious. Don't let town push you around like that.

If you want to go desperado, go ahead.
If you want to confirm LH, go ahead.
If you want to do my idea, go ahead.

PEdit: No, I'm lynching people who are anti-town, because IF YOU ARE AGAINST TOWN, YOU ARE FOR SCUM. ITS SIMPLE LOGIC.
If you think that's scummy, then lynch me, but then lynch Elbrin next for engaging this farce.

Show
"You are the Joker of mafia players" - Oversoul
"last time I was scum with Firebringer
his first post in the scum PT was "yes I rolled scum!"
I decided to post "haha just don't post that in the main thread", but to get up to date on the main thread first.

His first post in the main thread was "yes I rolled scum!" -popsofctown
Learned Hand
Learned Hand
Goon
Learned Hand
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3173 (ISO) » Tue Jan 12, 2016 7:06 pm

Post by Learned Hand »

Hey Fire, I think I have a solution that will make everyone happy

I dream that if LH is town, that Davesto gets a Desperado. If LH is scum, LH gets a desperado. :nod:
Learned Hand
Learned Hand
Goon
Learned Hand
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3174 (ISO) » Tue Jan 12, 2016 7:08 pm

Post by Learned Hand »

Totally workable with changing the name on the Desperado if I'm town, but I saw that being suggested and no one wants to give desperados to my scumreads so :(

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”