Open 623 (White Flag) - A Moment in Time (Over)

Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #400 (ISO) » Tue Jan 19, 2016 2:48 pm

Post by Something_Smart »

^why are we not lynching this
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #401 (ISO) » Tue Jan 19, 2016 2:50 pm

Post by Something_Smart »

Dang it, pagetop. Drixx, if you want to replace my previous post with a VC, be my guest.
In post 399, AlwaysInnocent wrote:
In post 397, pistachi0n wrote:Okay, but what about my and other people's reactions caused you to change your reads?
It's a secret.

^why are we not lynching this
pistachi0n
pistachi0n
Mafia Scum
pistachi0n
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #402 (ISO) » Tue Jan 19, 2016 4:12 pm

Post by pistachi0n »

AI, how do you expect anyone to listen to you?
Cerberus v666
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Let's Be Reasonable

Post Post #403 (ISO) » Tue Jan 19, 2016 4:51 pm

Post by Cerberus v666 »

Sorry guys, I've been pouring my energy into other things. 'll fix that tomorrow a.m., I'll back burner some other shit.
droog
droog
Jack of All Trades
droog
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #404 (ISO) » Tue Jan 19, 2016 5:59 pm

Post by droog »

i think ai is town
"...probably the worst player I have had the pleasure of playing with in the last ten years..."
"i dislike this guy immensely"
"the worst townie that ever I have ever had the misfortune to play with, by a long shot"
Drixx
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #405 (ISO) » Tue Jan 19, 2016 7:20 pm

Post by Drixx »

Seeeking a Replacement for RhazhBash
Get to know a Drixx - Recently Updated!
Yonom
Yonom
Townie
Yonom
Townie
Townie

Post Post #406 (ISO) » Wed Jan 20, 2016 3:02 am

Post by Yonom »

Although I can see why someone would want to vote for TheCow, I feel like AI has been acting very stubborn and ignorant lately.

Spoiler: 378,392,399
In post 378, AlwaysInnocent wrote:
In post 377, PhantomCobalt wrote:
In post 376, AlwaysInnocent wrote:
In post 375, PhantomCobalt wrote:
In post 374, AlwaysInnocent wrote:
In post 373, PhantomCobalt wrote:
In post 371, AlwaysInnocent wrote:VOTE: TheCow

I am never townread by town.

Uhhhhh
What seems to be the problem?

I think the problem is pretty obvious. That vote is terrible >.>
No, it's not. It's a vote on scum.

So I'm guessing you have a better reason than "I'm never townread by town"?
Probably.

In post 392, AlwaysInnocent wrote:
In post 389, pistachi0n wrote:
In post 388, AlwaysInnocent wrote:
In post 386, pistachi0n wrote:
In post 371, AlwaysInnocent wrote:VOTE: TheCow

I am never townread by town.

....Yeah, other people have already said this is really bad, and I'm going to agree with them. This is awful. It seems like you're trying to seem like you know you're town by making enemies with someone who's townreading you. It reeks of some kind of gambit, probably scum.
It is actually an excellent vote. All the reactions I get have been worth it.

So you were reaction testing? What have you learned?
Reaction testing + voting scum.

In post 399, AlwaysInnocent wrote:
In post 397, pistachi0n wrote:Okay, but what about my and other people's reactions caused you to change your reads?
It's a secret.

Looking at the way things developed, I feel like the "reaction test" was just an excuse to get you out of the bad position you were in. You seem terrible at defending your position.

This also bothers me:
In post 360, AlwaysInnocent wrote:
So @AlwaysInnocent, mind answering the question I asked you earlier?
Tacit knowledge

Like... come on, do you ever try?

Not sure if I'd classify your behavior as scummy. Maybe you're just a terrible citizen. :D

I recommend you to try and be less silly.
Cerberus v666
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Let's Be Reasonable

Post Post #407 (ISO) » Wed Jan 20, 2016 6:42 am

Post by Cerberus v666 »

Okay, engage with me guys. I'm at work, but I'm gonna be focusing my mafia energy over here. Are we still fixated on the wagons that were started on the first 2 pages of the game?
SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #408 (ISO) » Wed Jan 20, 2016 6:45 am

Post by SirCakez »

What do you think of AI cerberus?
Cerberus v666
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Let's Be Reasonable

Post Post #409 (ISO) » Wed Jan 20, 2016 7:27 am

Post by Cerberus v666 »

Okay, going through AI's ISO.

: votes NAA, which is, umm, idk. Not sure if serious or joke. States obviously a lurker, because he had one post, 43 posts into the game. 43 posts in on a 13 player game means you could expect people to have slightly over 3 posts per slot if everyone posts equally. 1 post so far isn't lurker level, and I think his one post was...well, it was the post that took us out of RVS, unless this vote counts as a return to it. Let's see how serious he takes the lurker vote thing. I'm quite fond of lynching lurkers early game, generally(probably because I'm usually way more fucking involved with interactions in the game, it's weird playing a vanilla game), but that reason for declaring someone a lurker seems weak.

: SS is scum for emphasizing his rvs joke, the same thing that Titus is going after him for.

: Phantom is now scum for his statement that he won't play off associatives. The allegation here that Phantom is somehow encouraging people to not use associatives and wants them to ignore them by bringing them up and making them a topic of conversation is questionable.

: Only questions SirCakez' Titus townread. Why wouldn't he care about why PC is a townread of SirCakez? He just said he thought Phanton was scum, for a super shitty reason, sure, but wouldn't he question someone elses townread on that slot? Why questioning Titus?

: Asks for an explanation of SirCakez thinking he's scum. Reasonable.

: Smarmy OMGUS.

: Explains why he thinks Titus shouldn't be townread this early...or no, he doesn't. He just says he thinks it's idiotic, or scummy. Too much faith in Titus' scum game? Hmm.

: Oh, here's the explanation that should have come in 94. Lots of assumptions here. He assumes people know Titus. He assumes those who know Titus, have experience with her scum game. He assumes those who have experience with her scum gave, have experience with it in a game where she didn't get autolynched on D1(which is a thing that happens to Titus ALL THE TIME, regardless of alignment). This argument is dumb, because he's not stating specific instances or reasons *why* he has these expectations of specific slots. I need to read the rest of the game and see if anybody else displays a positive read on Titus, and if he ever reacts to them, or if townreading Titus is only bad now.

; More OMGUS'like behavior. Someone suspecting you does not make them scum. Likelihood that scum!Titus attacks a person who is telling the town to be cautious about her but has presented no case or reasoning why they should be cautious, nor actually called her scum: Extremely low.

: SS is town. Was scum in 44. Fill this gap for me please AI, why did SS become town?

: Explain? If SirCakez is town, how doe this reflect on NAA? If NAA is town, how that does reflect on SirCakez? Same for if either flips town. I would like to see the thought process behind this statement.

: yeah, he's right, NAA has been lurking. He's had some content in his posts, and he's not proddodging and being wholly useless, but he definitley isn't active in this game.

/: 151 addressed in my . 153 is low level thinking. No consideration of wifom or deliberate twisting of my behaviors in order to garner town reads. Not sure what it means. It's a reasonable explanation for thinking I'm town and a reasonable way to approach things, but the lack of paranoia concerns me.

: Ah. Here we have someone else townreading Titus, but no concern about why they're townreading her this time. Inconsistent. Why is SS' townread on Titus more acceptable that SirCakez?

: I agree. I expressed it in my readthrough of SS' iso. the whiteknighting/buddying argument is dumb.

: Defense of SS during SirCakez' questioning of SS' reasons for his 70. SirCakez is right, the reasons SS gives for the Rhazh vote are certainly more than just "mildly scummy". Why would you even vote off of "mildly scummy"? Kinda terribad. No idea why he would say this as either alignment.

: Rhazh is fence townish! Why? Who knows, we don't need reasons!

; Readlist is is consistent with all previous statements. I approve.

: AI is right here. Those behaviors are NAI.

: Titus remains scum, because...asking for reasons to scumread SirCakez?

; Fuck gut. That's what this all boils down to? Gut? I mean, I guess that explains why it doesn't always make sense. *sigh*

: Yonom town? What? More gut?

: Stupid. This is the worst reason for making a vote in this entire game. If there had been a wagon on thecow at this time, I would recommend we lynch AI with extreme prejudice. There wasn't, though, so...null.

: SirCakez is less scum, like way less. Like, he's as town as...PC? What? When did PC start becoming less scummy? ugh. Just so much wrong with this. AI, can you pleae compare these two reads lists, and tell us what prompted the moves everyone made in your reads? Oh, and fuck. I'm like, now super town read? I think I wasn't even posting during this time? Maybe I did say something, but it probably wasn't significant? Maybe I made that wall on SS? Fuck. I don't even know. Just, like, explain this AI.

: And refusal to actually explain why his reads changed.

Well. Hmm. I see scummy shit in there. I see town consistency though, other than on the question of why people are townreading Titus, up until his second reads list. :-/

Few questions scattered throughout that I'd like AI to answer.
Extrapolated Eagle
Extrapolated Eagle
Mafia Scum
Extrapolated Eagle
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #410 (ISO) » Wed Jan 20, 2016 8:30 am

Post by Extrapolated Eagle »

So the "scummy" things ai is doing boils down to...

Differing reads and unexpected/different playstyle?
I'm sorry, but I really don't see any scum motivation behind his stuff. He looks very very town to me.
Cerberus v666
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Let's Be Reasonable

Post Post #411 (ISO) » Wed Jan 20, 2016 8:45 am

Post by Cerberus v666 »

Is that directed at me or someone else Eagle? I didn't say I thought he was scum, I was just asked what my thoughts on him were. Inconsistency in views, that is, he attacks one person for holding a certain view, but not someone else/doesn't question someone on why they're townreading one of his scumreads, but questions them about another, and he has some movements in his reads list that are never hinted at before they happen, are the things that I see a a questionable. Not necessarily scum, but things I want answers on.
AlwaysInnocent
AlwaysInnocent
Mafia Scum
AlwaysInnocent
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #412 (ISO) » Wed Jan 20, 2016 8:47 am

Post by AlwaysInnocent »

Lol. Consistency on D1.
"You've been furthering the win condition of the Mafia even better than the Mafia." - Dierfire
SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #413 (ISO) » Wed Jan 20, 2016 8:49 am

Post by SirCakez »

You should respond to his questions AI.
AlwaysInnocent
AlwaysInnocent
Mafia Scum
AlwaysInnocent
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #414 (ISO) » Wed Jan 20, 2016 8:50 am

Post by AlwaysInnocent »

If you are not constantly revising your beliefs, especially in the beginning; if you are not willing to change your mind; if you are not willing to escape your tunnels...

Then you are not playing the game right.
"You've been furthering the win condition of the Mafia even better than the Mafia." - Dierfire
AlwaysInnocent
AlwaysInnocent
Mafia Scum
AlwaysInnocent
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #415 (ISO) » Wed Jan 20, 2016 8:52 am

Post by AlwaysInnocent »

I feel that many questions have already been answered. Do people even bother to read what I say? I have already explained why I townread Something_Smart in post #398.
Cerberus v666
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Let's Be Reasonable

Post Post #416 (ISO) » Wed Jan 20, 2016 8:55 am

Post by Cerberus v666 »

The inconsistency isn't in your reads. It's in how you react to others statements about your reads, or their reads on people you have a differing opinion on. I also don't expect people to always vote the same people, but I expect a trail of logic along your narrative/some explanation for why the reads have shifted rhe way they have.
AlwaysInnocent
AlwaysInnocent
Mafia Scum
AlwaysInnocent
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #417 (ISO) » Wed Jan 20, 2016 9:01 am

Post by AlwaysInnocent »

In post 416, Cerberus v666 wrote:The inconsistency isn't in your reads. It's in how you react to others statements about your reads, or their reads on people you have a differing opinion on. I also don't expect people to always vote the same people, but I expect a trail of logic along your narrative/some explanation for why the reads have shifted rhe way they have.
Like why I care more about some people townreading Titus than others? It is just something I chose to focus on. Context is also important.
Cerberus v666
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Let's Be Reasonable

Post Post #418 (ISO) » Wed Jan 20, 2016 9:07 am

Post by Cerberus v666 »

Yes, why you care about some people townreading titus more than others, and why you chose to ignore townreads made by the same person on other scumreads of yours.
droog
droog
Jack of All Trades
droog
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #419 (ISO) » Wed Jan 20, 2016 10:05 am

Post by droog »

ai's logic is that titus is too good for easy townreads
i think its crap logic but he has exlpained it
"...probably the worst player I have had the pleasure of playing with in the last ten years..."
"the worst townie that ever I have ever had the misfortune to play with, by a long shot"
Drixx
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #420 (ISO) » Wed Jan 20, 2016 10:13 am

Post by Drixx »

Seeeking a Replacement for NotAnAlt. Will post a VC when replacements are in, unless one is requested prior to that.
Get to know a Drixx - Recently Updated!
Cerberus v666
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Let's Be Reasonable

Post Post #421 (ISO) » Wed Jan 20, 2016 10:15 am

Post by Cerberus v666 »

Droog: you're missing the point. I get why he thinks that, and I think it's crap logic too. The point is he reacted differently to different people who had a town read on Titus, pushing one about that read, and ignoring someone else.
AlwaysInnocent
AlwaysInnocent
Mafia Scum
AlwaysInnocent
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #422 (ISO) » Wed Jan 20, 2016 10:21 am

Post by AlwaysInnocent »

In post 418, Cerberus v666 wrote:Yes, why you care about some people townreading titus more than others,and why you chose to ignore townreads made by the same person on other scumreads of yours.
Because some people I know better than others (I won't say I know anyone here that well, but OK), and I think they are familiar enough with Titus that they should be aware why you shouldn't townread her for shallow reasons.
Cerberus v666
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Let's Be Reasonable

Post Post #423 (ISO) » Wed Jan 20, 2016 10:31 am

Post by Cerberus v666 »

So you're familiar with SirCakez, and know he has had experience with Titus, and are not familiar with SS?
droog
droog
Jack of All Trades
droog
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #424 (ISO) » Wed Jan 20, 2016 10:42 am

Post by droog »

In post 421, Cerberus v666 wrote:Droog: you're missing the point. I get why he thinks that, and I think it's crap logic too. The point is he reacted differently to different people who had a town read on Titus, pushing one about that read, and ignoring someone else.

but he already has an answer

"In post 417, AlwaysInnocent"]
In post 416, Cerberus v666 wrote:The inconsistency isn't in your reads. It's in how you react to others statements about your reads, or their reads on people you have a differing opinion on. I also don't expect people to always vote the same people, but I expect a trail of logic along your narrative/some explanation for why the reads have shifted rhe way they have.
Like why I care more about some people townreading Titus than others? It is just something I chose to focus on. Context is also important.[/quote]

i dont think its atht unusual
for us all to put our focus
in different places

if you want to argue that his focus
is being used in a contradictory
or otherwise scummy way
thats a different argument

Return to “Completed Open Games”