Micro 567: Kids with Guns - Game Over

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
advantage
advantage
Townie
advantage
Townie
Townie

Post Post #6 (isolation #0) » Sun Jan 10, 2016 1:24 pm

Post by advantage »

hi everyone!

VOTE: guiltylion
advantage
advantage
Townie
advantage
Townie
Townie

Post Post #9 (isolation #1) » Sun Jan 10, 2016 4:59 pm

Post by advantage »

In post 7, GuiltyLion wrote:VOTE: RaskoInikov

any reason why you didn't vote TellTaleHeart?

do you think that makes him a possible mafia though? i cant see your reasons considering that you didn't vote telltaleheart either... ;-,
advantage
advantage
Townie
advantage
Townie
Townie

Post Post #11 (isolation #2) » Sun Jan 10, 2016 6:34 pm

Post by advantage »

In post 10, GuiltyLion wrote:
In post 9, advantage wrote:do you think that makes him a possible mafia though? i cant see your reasons considering that you didn't vote telltaleheart either... ;-,

Everyone is a possible mafia, I'm just asking him to start conversation.

oh, okay then.
advantage
advantage
Townie
advantage
Townie
Townie

Post Post #13 (isolation #3) » Sun Jan 10, 2016 7:00 pm

Post by advantage »

In post 12, Marquis wrote:VOTE: advantage

nervous, scum?

no, i don't feel nervous, what gave you that impression? i'm just a townie, not scum!

why would a nervous person be a scum anyway...
advantage
advantage
Townie
advantage
Townie
Townie

Post Post #16 (isolation #4) » Sun Jan 10, 2016 7:23 pm

Post by advantage »

In post 14, Suzune wrote:Why wouldn't a nervous person be scum? Scum do not like to be caught.

VOTE: advantage

towns don't like to be caught either.

i'm not even caught or nervous, or scum.
advantage
advantage
Townie
advantage
Townie
Townie

Post Post #21 (isolation #5) » Mon Jan 11, 2016 11:07 am

Post by advantage »

In post 17, Kublai Khan wrote:VOTE: advantage

In post 19, ArcAngel9 wrote:Hellos.....

and here we gooo.. Speed wagon

VOTE: advantage

do you really think i'm a mafia or are you both just voting along because suzune is?

i don't want to die but everyone seems to want me dead... ;-,
advantage
advantage
Townie
advantage
Townie
Townie

Post Post #22 (isolation #6) » Mon Jan 11, 2016 11:09 am

Post by advantage »

In post 18, Suzune wrote:Town is less likely to jump the gun or question early in my opinion.

well maybe i don't fit into your idea of what a town should look like, but that's hardly a reason to vote me so quickly.
advantage
advantage
Townie
advantage
Townie
Townie

Post Post #28 (isolation #7) » Mon Jan 11, 2016 8:27 pm

Post by advantage »

In post 27, Raskolnikov wrote:Hey advantage.

Intent To Hammer:
(expired on 2016-01-13 02:53:58)

well i should claim now, i am just vanilla townie so there is not much i can do anyway...

i don't think suzune's reasons for voting me are any good, just because i questioned someone trying to play the game how i think to play. kublai kahn and arcangel9 didn't even say why and just copied the vote, maybe they themselves are scared of being lynched for no reason.

i'm not sure why marquis thinks i am a possible townie, when there is hardly any evidence either way and only 27 posts so far.

please don't kill me! ;-,
advantage
advantage
Townie
advantage
Townie
Townie

Post Post #32 (isolation #8) » Tue Jan 12, 2016 9:53 am

Post by advantage »

In post 30, GuiltyLion wrote:I'm pretty sure he's at L-2, not L-1. I'm not completely sold on advantage being genuine with his claim but if he did think he was gonna get hammered then he probably would have suicide bombed if he's the bomber.

Why'd you ignore my question? What's with the rush to hammer here?

oh... so that was just a trick and he needed two votes to lynch me instead, i don't see what that accomplished at all.
advantage
advantage
Townie
advantage
Townie
Townie

Post Post #33 (isolation #9) » Tue Jan 12, 2016 9:56 am

Post by advantage »

In post 31, Marquis wrote:really don't think advantage is scum. do think suzune's vote there was the most likely to be scum capitalizing on the awkwardness.

well i don't think so about suzune because he at least gave a reason, even if it was a bad one, while the other two people just voted me for no reason.
advantage
advantage
Townie
advantage
Townie
Townie

Post Post #34 (isolation #10) » Tue Jan 12, 2016 9:59 am

Post by advantage »

well i think kublai khan is a possible mafia, because he has only made two posts and they both just have a vote in them with no other text. since maybe he wants to blend in and hide by not posting anything potentially suspicious.

i think that guiltylion and marquis are towns probably.

VOTE: kublai khan
advantage
advantage
Townie
advantage
Townie
Townie

Post Post #36 (isolation #11) » Tue Jan 12, 2016 10:11 am

Post by advantage »

In post 35, Marquis wrote:i legit hate to break it to you but sometimes when it comes to certain subsets of players scum try harder than town do and that's a sad truth

well hm, i see how that makes sense to an extent... ;-, because if he was a mafia then he would want to try harder to make us think he is a townie, but he isn't trying to do it.

VOTE: unvote

but okay, i think he should just try to post more and say things so we are able to tell if he is just town not trying very hard, or a mafia trying to blend in. otherwise my vote is not of use as pressure if he is not going to say anything and just play quiet, but he will need to talk eventually not just post votes.
advantage
advantage
Townie
advantage
Townie
Townie

Post Post #39 (isolation #12) » Tue Jan 12, 2016 10:14 am

Post by advantage »

so was that the idea you had when you lied about saying you would hammer me, to test if i was a suicide bomber? or are you just making it up now...
advantage
advantage
Townie
advantage
Townie
Townie

Post Post #41 (isolation #13) » Tue Jan 12, 2016 10:53 am

Post by advantage »

In post 40, Raskolnikov wrote:Yeah, I fucked up by not counting the votes. The VC post before mine didn't actually have the vote count in it yet, it just said "VC". I think mod could confirm.

At least we managed to skip rvs I guess.

yeah he changed it afterwards from vc to what it is now, that's true. i was tricked too by arcangel9 so it's still a valid test unless i'm lying about that, which i'm not!
advantage
advantage
Townie
advantage
Townie
Townie

Post Post #42 (isolation #14) » Tue Jan 12, 2016 10:55 am

Post by advantage »

and i think you are telling the truth about trying to test if i was the suicide bomber or not, by your post #26 saying the wagon was genius, since you saw the intention of how it could be used to trigger the suicide bomber.
advantage
advantage
Townie
advantage
Townie
Townie

Post Post #47 (isolation #15) » Tue Jan 12, 2016 9:03 pm

Post by advantage »

i think it's suspicious how multiple people now have said that they don't trust me and my role but they still unvote. well, actually it's only guiltylion and kublai khan who said very similar things, suzune said a similar thing and unvoted but not trying to frame me still...
In post 30, GuiltyLion wrote:I'm not completely sold on advantage being genuine with his claim

In post 45, Kublai Khan wrote:I'm not really swayed by advantage's claim. The ~approx half hour gave him plenty of time to count the votes and make the safeclaim.

kublai khan do you truly think i am secretly the suicide bomber and counted the votes correctly, since raskolnikov was tricked too, it's even possible that arcangel made a counting mistake but i think that he was trying to trick me on purpose. maybe even you were tricked, who knows... ;-, it looks like you don't want to let go of your vote and you are trying to still make me look suspicious even though i am a townie.

if i was a mafia then it takes two minutes if i really counted the votes to just say i am vanilla townie, i was just not online to reply at that time so i don't see why time means anything.

In post 45, Kublai Khan wrote:But, other things are happening. I'm really not linking by Marquis. I get what he's saying, but I don't think it's a valid enough reason to townread me to the point of defending me against an advantage wagon. Especially since it's so early in the game and there really isn't much else to go on.

I can see it as scummy for a couple of (admittedly outlandish) reasons (i.e. buddying me, passive aggressive manipulation to his Suzanne wagon).

Vote: Marquis

and this part of the post is weirdly dissonant, you say "really not linking" at the start but then the rest of the reasons are not very strong and you admit it. you don't sound convinced of your own words...

VOTE: kublai khan
advantage
advantage
Townie
advantage
Townie
Townie

Post Post #49 (isolation #16) » Wed Jan 13, 2016 8:53 am

Post by advantage »

In post 48, ArcAngel9 wrote:
In post 30, GuiltyLion wrote:I'm pretty sure he's at L-2, not L-1. I'm not completely sold on advantage being genuine with his claim but if he did think he was gonna get hammered then he probably would have suicide bombed if he's the bomber.

Why'd you ignore my question? What's with the rush to hammer here?

I agree with this. the claim was bad. I am comfortable with where my vote is.

why is it bad, i said my real role, what else could i say... ;-,
advantage
advantage
Townie
advantage
Townie
Townie

Post Post #51 (isolation #17) » Wed Jan 13, 2016 9:07 am

Post by advantage »

In post 50, ArcAngel9 wrote:Claiming VT is bad.. It minimizes scum chances to hit VT's. Even if you're telling truth.. youre as good as dead. So we lynch you..

so what do you think i should have done, just not said my role when raskolnikov said he was going to hammer me? maybe it was bad and people shouldn't claim early on but how does that make my claim less believable... ;-,

and how is it i am as good as dead when i'm just a vanilla and the mafia will try kill the vigilante and the child?
advantage
advantage
Townie
advantage
Townie
Townie

Post Post #55 (isolation #18) » Wed Jan 13, 2016 4:53 pm

Post by advantage »

In post 54, Kublai Khan wrote:
In post 47, advantage wrote:i think it's suspicious how multiple people now have said that they don't trust me and my role but they still unvote. well, actually it's only guiltylion and kublai khan who said very similar things, suzune said a similar thing and unvoted but not trying to frame me still...

How much mafia experience do you have?

well, i have played on another forum for two games where i was recommended to here, so i'm not very experienced but i still know how to play!

kublai khan do you truly think i am secretly the suicide bomber and counted the votes correctly, since raskolnikov was tricked too, it's even possible that arcangel made a counting mistake but i think that he was trying to trick me on purpose. maybe even you were tricked, who knows... ;-, it looks like you don't want to let go of your vote and you are trying to still make me look suspicious even though i am a townie.

if i was a mafia then it takes two minutes if i really counted the votes to just say i am vanilla townie, i was just not online to reply at that time so i don't see why time means anything.

No, I'm kinda starting to doubt your level of cleverness. You just might be a townie after all.

;;;;-,,,,

and this part of the post is weirdly dissonant, you say "really not linking" at the start but then the rest of the reasons are not very strong and you admit it. you don't sound convinced of your own words...

It's the second page of the game. How much certainty are you expecting?

i wasn't expecting much certainty, yeah because it's only the second page... that's why it's weird that you said "really not linking" when the rest of the post is not very certain because "really not linking" sounds like you have certainty.
advantage
advantage
Townie
advantage
Townie
Townie

Post Post #61 (isolation #19) » Thu Jan 14, 2016 10:09 am

Post by advantage »

well what do you think would happen if i said i was a vigilante? i would get shot. what if i said i was a child? the real child would just counterclaim and i would be lynched. to be honest i didn't consider lying about my role before but yeah, it wouldn't even work... even the idea that i am a mafia just because i claimed vanilla is extremely silly.

i am unconvinced that we should vote arcangel9 just because of that, even though it's very wrong mafias and townies can both be wrong about things like this.

also not-mafia i think that you miscounted the votes, marquis changed his vote onto arcangel9 instead of suzune.
advantage
advantage
Townie
advantage
Townie
Townie

Post Post #62 (isolation #20) » Thu Jan 14, 2016 10:12 am

Post by advantage »

In post 59, ArcAngel9 wrote:Now how stupid all the above reasons are to jump on my wagon... ^^

Good job scum!!

well that said, this is pretty bad. do you really think both marquis or guiltylion are mafias because they voted for you? if so, why are you not voting them back?

the reasons aren't very stupid for voting you but you are wrong here about why you think i am a mafia.
advantage
advantage
Townie
advantage
Townie
Townie

Post Post #72 (isolation #21) » Fri Jan 15, 2016 10:34 am

Post by advantage »

In post 64, Kublai Khan wrote:BTW, ArcAngel9 is completely correct about the downside of claiming VT. It's a bad move for town because it gives the mafia better odds to hit a power role in a random nk. An outed VT cannot provide camouflage for power roles and thus becomes a useless thing.

well yeah pretty much what guiltylion said. i understand what you're saying but do you support arcangel9 saying that i am a mafia for doing that? because you are saying that she's completely correct about the downside of claiming vt, but that's not the main issue of what she's saying.

In post 64, Kublai Khan wrote:Nobody is suggesting that you lie about your role or anything along those lines, but there are ways to stop a wagon on you without claiming. Call out those that jumped on your wagon for scummy reasons. Attack Raskolnikov for threatening to hammer for no good reason. Demand the reason why people want your blood on their hands. Get pissed off.

You didn't really do any of that.

i thought i was doing what i was supposed to do by saying my role at l-1 like you're supposed to. and i don't see how getting pissed off would help, but i did call out people who jumped on my wagon for bad reasons.

In post 64, Kublai Khan wrote:You just hid behind a claim that's easily faked by scum. You valued your skin over the town.

Those trying to put a positive spin are those that hoped that maybe it rules you out as the Suicide Bomber.

well thats a really negative spin to put on it... ;-,
advantage
advantage
Townie
advantage
Townie
Townie

Post Post #73 (isolation #22) » Fri Jan 15, 2016 11:03 am

Post by advantage »

well, i don't like any of the posts from #66 to #69 and i think kublai khan comes out looking worse because the questions that he asks are very leading and the only real way that suzune could answer is by saying "because i'm a mafia".
advantage
advantage
Townie
advantage
Townie
Townie

Post Post #82 (isolation #23) » Fri Jan 15, 2016 7:24 pm

Post by advantage »

In post 79, ArcAngel9 wrote:VOTE: GuiltyLion

I have every reason to believe that his reason to jump into my wagon is vague.

how so, when literally the entire reason was guiltylion agreeing with marquis? marquis' reason wasn't vague and you aren't accusing him either.

i dunno, maybe there's something there with how kublai khan says how a townie should react to a wagon and then you come back and do that. so why vote guiltylion now and not before when you said the people voting you (referring to guiltylion) were mafias?
advantage
advantage
Townie
advantage
Townie
Townie

Post Post #83 (isolation #24) » Fri Jan 15, 2016 7:27 pm

Post by advantage »

In post 81, TellTaleHeart wrote:
In post 77, Marquis wrote:TTH, reads on the three on that advantage wagon, and also on me?

I don't really have anything I would call a read yet. I have scattered thoughts but they don't really make sense. :(

i can understand this but it would help if you posted your semi-formed thoughts anyway, because otherwise we won't get anywhere since if nobody posts then there will be no way to make reads to post. i'm not really confident about what is going on either but i still try to write my thoughts.
advantage
advantage
Townie
advantage
Townie
Townie

Post Post #89 (isolation #25) » Sat Jan 16, 2016 2:09 pm

Post by advantage »

In post 87, Suzune wrote:I'm sensing sort of a suspicious feeling from Marquis but I do not have very much to go on right now. The flavour style of the posts and the way things are said looks odd to me.

well you never said this earlier and only now you say it, after telltaleheart says the same thing? and well i think marquis is a trustworthy townie and you are just trying to discredit him here, i think maybe he is right about you.

VOTE: suzune

really not much is happening and i think this is an okay player to kill, even though kublai khan looks like a mafia to me there can be two mafias, and i could be wrong about kublai khan...
advantage
advantage
Townie
advantage
Townie
Townie

Post Post #90 (isolation #26) » Sat Jan 16, 2016 2:13 pm

Post by advantage »

In post 85, TellTaleHeart wrote:UNVOTE:

That doesn't feel right. :S

When I was looking at page 3 again, I was thinking Suzune's conversation with Khan on page 3 was super awkward. I was kind of feeling a Suzune scumread for a second, but then I saw the follow ups and . It's not whiny or defensive and she apparently doesn't feel threatened enough to change course and actually vote for someone.

hm... i think that suzune was trying to keep looking consistent here because of how it would look bad for her to give in to kublai khan and just change the vote. so i think suzune would do the same thing if mafia or townie in respect to the not changing course.
advantage
advantage
Townie
advantage
Townie
Townie

Post Post #96 (isolation #27) » Sun Jan 17, 2016 1:39 am

Post by advantage »

so how is what arcangel9 did by putting me at l-1 any different from what you did by stating intent to hammer? because you aren't supposed to claim until intent to hammer so it was technically you who made me say my role...

well i don't know, i don't think she is being bad on purpose as a mafia. that seems like a bad strategy and nobody would follow her, mafias want to blend in to the surroundings, and if she knew that what she said was wrong then she is drawing bad attention to herself. so i don't think she is a mafia. the idea of her actually trying to get me lynched after everyone else already unvoted is really futile if she is a mafia. realistically i think she is a townie with an odd misconception of people not being townies just because they made bad plays (which is what you are saying here to an extent too... ;-,). i think the mafias are more likely people like kublai khan who keep their options open to say either way i am a mafia or i am a townie.
advantage
advantage
Townie
advantage
Townie
Townie

Post Post #99 (isolation #28) » Sun Jan 17, 2016 6:03 pm

Post by advantage »

In post 97, TellTaleHeart wrote:
In post 95, Raskolnikov wrote:Bad vote onto guiltylion as well.

I couldn't disagree more.

maybe you think that guiltylion is a mafia, and even if he is a mafia arcangel9's vote was still bad because the reasons don't make sense. she said that guiltylion's reason for voting was vague when guiltylion was agreeing with marquis' comment which was specific.
advantage
advantage
Townie
advantage
Townie
Townie

Post Post #102 (isolation #29) » Sun Jan 17, 2016 8:26 pm

Post by advantage »

In post 98, TellTaleHeart wrote:I see a couple GuiltyLion town reads bouncing around the thread. Would anyone care to explain them?

i am not really sure yet but a small town read on him so far. since he is trying to start conversation so we can move on and post, and get a possible mafia to lynch. however a thing i can think of is that post #90 seemed like a bad reaction to the vote.

i don't think your description of his posts as having an "oddly robotic feel" is accurate anyway.
advantage
advantage
Townie
advantage
Townie
Townie

Post Post #115 (isolation #30) » Mon Jan 18, 2016 8:47 pm

Post by advantage »

In post 110, TellTaleHeart wrote:
In post 108, GuiltyLion wrote:In you acknowledge that you are often criticized for blowing things way out of proportion. Your approach to correct this is to acknowledge that your charges are overblown.

Then in the next post you go and make an even more overblown charge by saying advantage "valued his skin over the town".

It felt like an intentional effort to provoke a response from advantage, which you are clearly self-aware of given . I can see this possibly coming from town as a method of scumhunting, but it also worries me because if you are scum and someone reacts poorly, you can spin their reaction to push them as scummy rather easily.

Basically those two posts are a weird mix of transparent and not transparent and I don't feel like I trust you enough yet to understand where you were going with .

Overblown charges in general are a warning sign to me because scum is more likely to dress things up as scummier than they actually are.

>:\
You could've said that without anyone asking. But at least now I know most of your thought process is subsurface.

UNVOTE:

i'm having trouble seeing
your
thought process here... ;-,

so when you first voted guiltylion, was that because you didn't understand his concerns about Kublai Khan in #101? you said that you didn't work like that so it felt a bit like you were just wanting him to explain by voting, even though someone else asked him to explain not you? the unvote makes it look like you were just waiting for him to answer with something like that, yet you were building up to vote him for a while earlier, and what guiltylion says in #108 doesn't really seem like it should explain your concerns about him earlier. okay that didn't make much sense but i want to work out what you are thinking here because the unvote looks awkward...
advantage
advantage
Townie
advantage
Townie
Townie

Post Post #127 (isolation #31) » Tue Jan 19, 2016 8:55 pm

Post by advantage »

In post 125, TellTaleHeart wrote:
In post 115, advantage wrote:so when you first voted guiltylion, was that because you didn't understand his concerns about Kublai Khan in #101?

No, it's that it fell in line with what I was seeing previously: mechanically pointing out ambiguous things without adding the factor that gave it town flair. I was going to explain this but by the time I came back to the thread, GuiltyLion already posted his reasoning.

The AA9 push is still rough but I'm still giving him a little time to develop it.

okay, that makes sense!
advantage
advantage
Townie
advantage
Townie
Townie

Post Post #128 (isolation #32) » Tue Jan 19, 2016 9:02 pm

Post by advantage »

i'm not really sure how to interpret the argument on page 5 so i will just post some things i liked and didn't like about posts.

i actually like #116 and his way of thinking makes sense to me.

In post 117, Kublai Khan wrote:
In post 70, GuiltyLion wrote:
In post 64, Kublai Khan wrote:BTW, ArcAngel9 is completely correct about the downside of claiming VT.
It's a bad move for town
because it gives the mafia better odds to hit a power role in a random nk. An outed VT cannot provide camouflage for power roles and
thus becomes a useless thing

Yes but is it scum?

I see newbies prematurely claim VT in Newbie games all the time and I'm always going to be more suspicious of the people that advocate to lynch them solely on those grounds.

It could be scum. There are so very, very, very, few absolutes in mafia.

kublai khan is not giving a straight answer here.

In post 108, GuiltyLion wrote:In you acknowledge that you are often criticized for blowing things way out of proportion. Your approach to correct this is to acknowledge that your charges are overblown.

Then in the next post you go and make an even more overblown charge by saying advantage "valued his skin over the town".

It felt like an intentional effort to provoke a response from advantage, which you are clearly self-aware of given . I can see this possibly coming from town as a method of scumhunting, but it also worries me because if you are scum and someone reacts poorly, you can spin their reaction to push them as scummy rather easily.

Basically those two posts are a weird mix of transparent and not transparent and I don't feel like I trust you enough yet to understand where you were going with .

Overblown charges in general are a warning sign to me because scum is more likely to dress things up as scummier than they actually are.

Okay, two things.

One, it feels like you're painting me with a broad "this is scummy" brush, but there's literally nothing there.

You're accusing me of doing something which could potentially be done by scum. That's the nature of the whole game. Everything could potentially be done by scum. That's not really a valid reason to "not like" what someone is doing.

Second, why are you isolating the scenario where I am the only one that could take advantage of a "poor reaction"? When I pressure a newb (or someone whom I think responds poor to pressure) it's also to learn from the reactions of everyone else to that poor reaction.

I am trying to tone down my overblown style because I've been told that it makes me unpleasant to play with. "Tone down" does not mean to "eliminate completely". I can't put a lock on my toolshed.

i think this is a fair response.

In post 118, ArcAngel9 wrote:received prod. sorry mod
this game is so stalled I don't have much inputs yet. I am reading guilty as scum because I don't see his reason to jump into my wagon, it looks like easy vote of a scum.

he should be lynched today. with that said I am okay with my vote on him unless if anyone else have better theory on other wagons, I will rethink about it.

i still think this is a bad reason to vote guiltylion.

but anyway i am busy and i will just VOTE: guiltylion since i don't have time to write more.

i can explain more later i hope... ;-,
advantage
advantage
Townie
advantage
Townie
Townie

Post Post #135 (isolation #33) » Wed Jan 20, 2016 7:30 pm

Post by advantage »

In post 120, GuiltyLion wrote:
In post 118, ArcAngel9 wrote:I am reading guilty as scum because I don't see his reason to jump into my wagon, it looks like easy vote of a scum.

he should be lynched today.

This is literally trash. My vote is on you because you tried to justify your advantage vote on the basis of him claiming VT, rather than a genuine belief in him being scum.

Answer my question please, since you ignored it:
do you think advantage is scum?

well i don't like this post. especially this part:
In post 120, GuiltyLion wrote:My vote is on you because you tried to justify your advantage vote on the basis of him claiming VT, rather than a genuine belief in him being scum.

because here guiltylion is trying to imply that arcangel9 doesn't genuinely believe i am scum when i actually think she does believe it, just that she has incorrect and unfounded beliefs. it looks to me like guiltylion is a mafia trying to exploit arcangel9's bad but not scummy beliefs that claiming vt makes me a mafia. since both mafias and townies can be wrong about things, but if a townie is wrong then it's easy for mafias to attack them for it.

and guiltylion is attacking arcangel9 really hard in response to people voting for him, so it looks like he is trying to offload the pressure onto arcangel9 because she is an easy target. he also does this in #80, so every time he gets attacked he can point out the one wrong thing that arcangel9 did. and also in #132 he is trying to point out things about arcangel9 as if she is a townie who he wants to be lynched instead of himself. and ironically in #132 guiltylion is himself just posting to get arcangel9 lynched not sort the alignment of players.

In post 123, GuiltyLion wrote:This feels like a disingenuous attack from you - am I not allowed to clarify and answer your question to help you read me accurately?

and also i think he is responding by attacking kublai khan as well who was being voted earlier so that he can potentially vote for kublai khan, if more people decided to go with it.

In post 130, GuiltyLion wrote:
In post 125, TellTaleHeart wrote:The AA9 push is still rough but I'm still giving him a little time to develop it.

I agree that my push is rough but that's partially because AA9 is giving nothing to work with. She won't answer my question, she's actively lurking/prodging, she's offered almost nothing in terms of reads on players or comments about the game. Her ISO consists of an L-1 vote on advantage, a justification of her vote that he should be lynched for claiming VT, and then an OMGUS switch to me.

Like I don't see how anyone reads that at town. We should be forcing her to give us more to work with.

to be fair i can kinda see where he comes from here because arcangel9 is dodging the questions so it would be nice if she answered them. but i think that arcangel9 is more likely to be a townie than guiltylion who i think is a mafia.
advantage
advantage
Townie
advantage
Townie
Townie

Post Post #136 (isolation #34) » Wed Jan 20, 2016 7:31 pm

Post by advantage »

In post 131, GuiltyLion wrote:
In post 128, advantage wrote:
i still think this is a bad reason to vote guiltylion.

but anyway i am busy and i will just VOTE: guiltylion since i don't have time to write more.

i can explain more later i hope... ;-,

Yeah I'm waiting for you to explain this one. If you don't agree with AA's vote on me then why are you joining her on the same wagon?

i think she is a townie voting for the wrong reasons but has the right person to vote...
advantage
advantage
Townie
advantage
Townie
Townie

Post Post #166 (isolation #35) » Fri Jan 22, 2016 7:33 pm

Post by advantage »

In post 137, GuiltyLion wrote:
In post 50, ArcAngel9 wrote:Claiming VT is bad.. It minimizes scum chances to hit VT's. Even if you're telling truth.. youre as good as dead. So we lynch you..

advantage

where in this post do you get the sense that she genuinely believes that you're scum?

it's sort of like... it just seems so... bad. that she would at least make a better excuse for voting if she was a mafia. i feel as if this is the simple answer and usually it's not the right answer. but maybe it is this time ugh, i don't know... ;-,

your response of my vote sounds like you are a townie and makes me think i made the wrong move here. maybe you don't like that i change my mind but i really don't know who the mafias are here from such little conversation and i just want to make sure that we lynch someone correctly.
advantage
advantage
Townie
advantage
Townie
Townie

Post Post #167 (isolation #36) » Fri Jan 22, 2016 7:38 pm

Post by advantage »

In post 142, ArcAngel9 wrote:
In post 132, GuiltyLion wrote:
In post 118, ArcAngel9 wrote:received prod. sorry mod
this game is so stalled I don't have much inputs yet. I am reading guilty as scum because I don't see his reason to jump into my wagon, it looks like easy vote of a scum.

he should be lynched today
. with that said I am okay with my vote on him unless if anyone else have better theory on other wagons, I will rethink about it.

This is another example of what I mentioned earlier about how AA is posting to get people lynched, rather than sort the alignment of other players.

Town has no reason to say the bolded part unless they're absolutely convinced I'm scum. But her last sentence immediately after it doesn't make it sound like she's convinced I'm scum.

So why would town!AA9 be:
a) so certain that I'm scum given that I explained exactly why I voted her?
b) so confident that I should be lynched over anyone else in the game?

Now you're attacking back because i think youre scum. Sounds like OMGUS.. oh wait.. According to you i did OMGUS you. But honestly, I read you scum. Period.

this seems really insincere and hollow posting like she is faking confidence. and really she never even acknowledges the questions people ask her and is just counter attacking. but the problem is that she might just be a townie being stubborn and there's no way to know because she won't respond to others' posts.
advantage
advantage
Townie
advantage
Townie
Townie

Post Post #168 (isolation #37) » Fri Jan 22, 2016 7:47 pm

Post by advantage »

also now we can't even lynch suzune in case she is not replaced in time because she could be vigilante or child and is unable to claim... ;-,

i want to lynch arcangel9 because i am worried about the chance of mafias deliberately faking stubborn townie... and we only have two days even though i prefer suzune to be honest!

VOTE: arcangel9

so now arcangel9 you are at l-1 so nobody be careful not to quick hammer...
advantage
advantage
Townie
advantage
Townie
Townie

Post Post #188 (isolation #38) » Sat Jan 23, 2016 11:18 pm

Post by advantage »

arcangel9 is doing nothing to help herself and not even claiming... i think we might have to lynch her just to be safe, because i'm scared at how easy a mafia could get away by trying that. ;-,

but i want to hear from guiltylion in response to kublai khan first, see now we have infinite time until suzune is replaced so no reason to quick hammer.
advantage
advantage
Townie
advantage
Townie
Townie

Post Post #189 (isolation #39) » Sat Jan 23, 2016 11:27 pm

Post by advantage »

In post 187, Raskolnikov wrote:I think AA's actions are more scum resignation than frustrated town at this point. I expected town-AA to fakeclaim a role like she said advantage should (to keep PR roles safe), and we'd assume she's VT following her logic but rather she's pretty much just given up at this point.
Suzune replacing out makes more sense (than AA) to me as a town actually not having time to play, and explains her lack of involvement. I want to judge her replacement fresh, and I don't think <48h would be enough to do so. Marquis's vote->unvote on AA before AA claimed or even said anything is bizarre, especially given his justification in (), and given an AA scumflip he needs to be looked at closely.

actually arcangel9 never said that vanillas should claim pr roles, i think she probably meant that they should just not claim anything like she is doing, even though it seems like literaly the same as a vanila claim? even so, it is silly for arcangel to expect vanillas to fake claim, but plain absurd for her to do it herself when we specifically said how it doesn't work...

i am suspicious of you and guiltylion for saying things like "if she flips mafia x is a suspect mafia", because you might be saying that as a mafia with knowledge of arcangel9's alignment... but still either way i don't like this post, it seems fake to me even either way arcangel9 is mafia or townie...
advantage
advantage
Townie
advantage
Townie
Townie

Post Post #190 (isolation #40) » Sat Jan 23, 2016 11:30 pm

Post by advantage »

also, if arcangel9 is a mafia then why doesn't she claim a pr role so the real pr role says who they are and if arcangel9 is a bomber she can explode or her other team can kill the pr role... ;-,

UNVOTE: arcangel9
advantage
advantage
Townie
advantage
Townie
Townie

Post Post #192 (isolation #41) » Sat Jan 23, 2016 11:41 pm

Post by advantage »

ok, this is fine. at the moment i think the team of mafias is raskolnikov and suzune at a guess. guiltylion i keep changing my mind about. marquis and kublai khan look like townies. i am slightly thinking telltaleheart is townie but i'm not sure...

VOTE: suzune
advantage
advantage
Townie
advantage
Townie
Townie

Post Post #193 (isolation #42) » Sat Jan 23, 2016 11:44 pm

Post by advantage »

In post 95, Raskolnikov wrote:Sorry I've been busy.

I upgrade my former RVS vote on AA to a real one at this point. A lot of these points were probably already covered but anyways.

I really don't like what she was doing in the advantage wagon. Basically she runs him up to L-1 (which leaves him vulnerable or at least forces a claim), which isn't a terrible move if you are doing it for pressure and to gauge a reaction. From what I can tell she was 100% serious about actually having the man lynched though, and what makes it really bad is her actions afterwards. From how she continued to want his lynch and her not really explaining otherwise it's safe to say she was entirely willing to go all the way in the quicklynch even before hearing the claim.

Essentially she didn't like the VT claim and wanted him lynched for it. Now I want everyone to pay attention: ArcAngel is not a new player, she has years of experience and over 6000 posts. She brought advantage to L-1 which forced him to claim, and then wanted to lynch him for claiming VT. Either she had such a strong read that she wanted him lynched regardless of claim, or she wanted him to lie about being VT, and she really believes in some weird lynch-all-VT-claims policy (?!!). Not to mention even if he fake claimed a power role the misinformation could really mess us up, god forbid the actual PR counterclaims. I really think she's pretending to be this clueless to essentially get away with murder, and it's actually sort of working. Bad vote onto guiltylion as well.

i don't know i missed this earlier but it's like what i accused guiltylion of, only somehow worse and even more posturing...
advantage
advantage
Townie
advantage
Townie
Townie

Post Post #205 (isolation #43) » Mon Jan 25, 2016 2:37 pm

Post by advantage »

In post 201, Raskolnikov wrote:AA9 went for an easy lynch using shallow reasoning, pretty much ignored her wagon while she was here and then flaked out with the wagon at L-1.

yes i agree, but this to me indicates that arcangel9 is more likely to be town playing badly than a mafia... ;-,

Suzune was inactive all game, replaced out in a normal way and is pretty much a lurker lynch/ complete gamble.

well not really, they made enough posts to look like a mafia in my eyes at least... do you think they're a townie or you can't tell yet?
advantage
advantage
Townie
advantage
Townie
Townie

Post Post #206 (isolation #44) » Mon Jan 25, 2016 2:49 pm

Post by advantage »

In post 202, ArcAngel9 wrote:
In post 188, advantage wrote:arcangel9 is doing nothing to help herself and not even claiming... i think we might have to lynch her just to be safe, because i'm scared at how easy a mafia could get away by trying that. ;-,

but i want to hear from guiltylion in response to kublai khan first, see now we have infinite time until suzune is replaced so no reason to quick hammer.

how is it me not claiming is a scumtell. You make me no sense. And more reasons to believe you're aligned to mafia.

no, it's not a scumtell but you could escape just by not cooperating as a mafia and it feels wrong. it's basically a policy lynch if we do that... however i actually think you're a townie so yeah i unvoted.

also, what you're accusing me of saying also makes more sense than saying we should lynch me just because i claimed vanilla... ;-,
advantage
advantage
Townie
advantage
Townie
Townie

Post Post #241 (isolation #45) » Wed Jan 27, 2016 8:34 pm

Post by advantage »

In post 175, Kublai Khan wrote:Do you think ArcAngel9 will flip scum, GuiltyLion?

In post 178, Kublai Khan wrote:Do you think that ArcAngel9 is scum that isn't fighting a lackadaisical wagon or scum that can count votes?

i like these posts and they make me feel like kublai khan is a townie, i don't want to lynch kublai khan and i would rather lynch arcangel9 or raskolnikov or droog...

In post 225, droog wrote:
In post 220, GuiltyLion wrote:droog if you have aa9 meta, is it normal for her to tunnel like this or does she normally advance the game more?

its pretty normal

i cant remember any specific games
but ive seen her do it as both alignments
multiple times

i can search if you want
though tbf
at least once she was scum and idd it
and i had egg on my face come lynch

and this bothers me because he's saying "it could go either way" but then he doesn't want to lynch arcangel9 just to be sure, when i would've thought that if he had this meta knowledge then he would be much more doubtful. at least, it made me feel a slight bit more doubtful about arcangel9... ;-,
advantage
advantage
Townie
advantage
Townie
Townie

Post Post #242 (isolation #46) » Wed Jan 27, 2016 8:36 pm

Post by advantage »

but sigh, we're running out of time... ;-,

i think i'm forced to do this since i might not be here before the deadline passes, sorry if you're a townie kublai khan.

VOTE: kublai khan (l-1)
advantage
advantage
Townie
advantage
Townie
Townie

Post Post #255 (isolation #47) » Thu Jan 28, 2016 5:39 pm

Post by advantage »

nice, he was a mafia and we still get a second lynch!

i definitely feel best about lynching raskolnikov, and i think everyone who voted kublai khan was probably a townie since they could easily vote arcangel9 instead.

VOTE: raskolnikov

the order i would like to lynch people:

raskolnikov > arcangel9 > guiltylion > droog > telltaleheart

if any of raskolnikov, arcangel9 or guiltylion are the child, i think they should claim it now so that we can find the mafia faster.
advantage
advantage
Townie
advantage
Townie
Townie

Post Post #256 (isolation #48) » Thu Jan 28, 2016 6:37 pm

Post by advantage »

In post 116, Kublai Khan wrote:ArcAngel9 - I have a leaning town read on him. He has reads and acts on them, but he doesn't have any strong follow-up to his votes. Time will tell.

GuiltyLion - I need to answer him. I'll do it in my next post. The reaction to the advantage claim feels really weird. Like, why focus on that? I don't even see the need to try to figure out who is which mafia because it doesn't really matter. We aren't ever going to get to a point where we are trying to specifically lynch the suicide bomber.

I'm also finding it strange that he says he's not sold on advantage being genuine in his claim, but he's pursuing two people who had scum reads on advantage. It gives me the feeling that he might be hiding behind dogma. I have a neutral to scum lean.

Raskolnikov - I'm not really understanding the strategy here from any angle. If e's town, why apply the pressure only to learn what he could already figure out (advantage is a newbie). If e's scum, why force a claim and attack the person that gave the alley oop? I'm not sure why e has a townread on GuityLion. I want more posting because e's still a wild card.

if we look at kublai khan's reads, then raskolnikov's one looks most like they are mafia buddies together, since he is using the kind of rhetoric which he used to read guiltylion as a mafia, but then he says that he needs more posting so he is giving raskolnikov a way to redeem himself and it looks like he wasn't defending him later...

the way that he kept trying to insinuate that guiltylion was a mafia and trying to get guiltylion lynched makes me think guiltylion is a townie.

i do think that the defending between arcangel9 and kublai khan was weird, but i'm not sure why he would be so obvious about it unless he was being so obvious so that we would think that it wasn't obvious...
advantage
advantage
Townie
advantage
Townie
Townie

Post Post #257 (isolation #49) » Thu Jan 28, 2016 6:40 pm

Post by advantage »

In post 243, ArcAngel9 wrote:can we go back lynching Guilty...? Please. He is scum

this seems... like i can't see arcangel9 making this post if she was mafia with kublai khan since it's a really obvious attempt to redirect attention off kublai khan.

but i don't think we should discount the possibility.
advantage
advantage
Townie
advantage
Townie
Townie

Post Post #266 (isolation #50) » Fri Jan 29, 2016 2:12 pm

Post by advantage »

that was fast, the game finshed before the first night even started... ;-,

good game, friends! i enjoyed playing.

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”