Rob14
Rob14
Jack of All Trades
Rob14
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2225 (ISO) » Wed Feb 17, 2016 3:19 am

Post by Rob14 »

In post 2205, YT2980 wrote:Rob, honestly it boils down to thinking it'd hurt town for you to claim, or bolster towns chances to lynch scum by doing so. If the risk is worth the reward, by all means go ahead. If it isn't, then refrain.

I guess if the gladiate is legit than it doesn't make a difference for me claiming, since we have to rely on the vig shooting Mimi anyway.
Rob14
Rob14
Jack of All Trades
Rob14
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2226 (ISO) » Wed Feb 17, 2016 3:22 am

Post by Rob14 »

In post 2214, SirCakez wrote:Wouldn't a secret miller be considered bastard?

Yes, that's my whole point. An experimental role that has never existed before also wouldn't qualify as a "reasonably anticipated lie by the moderator", so that would also be bastard.

There are certain ways for my role to get a "guilty" without being on scum, which is why I asked for a full claim from Mimi. She hasn't even gotten close to one of the non-bastard ways for me to get a false "guilty", so ... pretty confident on this. Like 99.5%. Doesn't get better than that.
Rob14
Rob14
Jack of All Trades
Rob14
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2227 (ISO) » Wed Feb 17, 2016 3:24 am

Post by Rob14 »

In post 2221, Nicole Mimi Tithel wrote:
In post 2199, Rob14 wrote:In order for you to be town, Mimi ... or an experimental role that confounds my ability. I'm unaware of any tailor equivalent for my role.

FTR depending on the role in question Skull is the kind of experimental mod who in all likelihood would be capable of this.

I.E. he put an enabler which worked universally across any "action" roles (tracker/follower/voyeur/watcher) in his last Large game. Although mostly this line of thought is me, wondering what could have potentially caused this huge clusterfuck in the first place.

See 2226. The type of role necessary to get me a false "guilty" here would be bastard, since it can't be reasonably anticipated as a lie from the mod.
Rob14
Rob14
Jack of All Trades
Rob14
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2228 (ISO) » Wed Feb 17, 2016 3:24 am

Post by Rob14 »

Plus, honestly, given my role and modifiers, it doesn't need anything to balance.
SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #2229 (ISO) » Wed Feb 17, 2016 3:26 am

Post by SirCakez »

TSO why do you think Pisskop might be town? Meta stuff I assume?
Nicole Mimi Tithel
Nicole Mimi Tithel
Goon
Nicole Mimi Tithel
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2230 (ISO) » Wed Feb 17, 2016 3:26 am

Post by Nicole Mimi Tithel »

I am like 99% sure that anything falls under "reasonable" in terms of manipulation of investigative results, but regardless, ye have little faith.
Nicole Mimi Tithel
Nicole Mimi Tithel
Goon
Nicole Mimi Tithel
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2231 (ISO) » Wed Feb 17, 2016 3:27 am

I almost want you to full claim just so I can get an idea of what kind of clusterfuck I'm staring into. This is piquing my curiosity.
Nicole Mimi Tithel
Nicole Mimi Tithel
Goon
Nicole Mimi Tithel
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2232 (ISO) » Wed Feb 17, 2016 3:35 am

You apparently have a role, which gets definitive guilties, which is unorthodox enough where most standard assumptions aren't "even close" to it but is still weak enough and is gated by enough stuff where there _shouldn't_ be a mechanism to circumvent it. Which from my POV there clearly has to be.

Like I actually want to know what's going on with this because this is too unusual for it to be straightforward (and I'll feel really fucking dumb if you fullclaim after I'm dead and it turns out there was some dumb bullshit explanation you missed and I couldn't think of bc you didn't fullclaim your role), and you were considering fullclaiming anyway. Work with me here for 2 seconds?
Rob14
Rob14
Jack of All Trades
Rob14
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2233 (ISO) » Wed Feb 17, 2016 3:38 am

Post by Rob14 »

In post 2230, Nicole Mimi Tithel wrote:I am like 99% sure that anything falls under "reasonable" in terms of manipulation of investigative results, but regardless, ye have little faith.

Definitely not. An insane cop or a secret miller is "manipulation of investigative results" but clearly bastard. I've always thought a role had to be established to be reasonably anticipated. Does anyone have an example where this wasn't the case?
Rob14
Rob14
Jack of All Trades
Rob14
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2234 (ISO) » Wed Feb 17, 2016 3:39 am

Post by Rob14 »

Regardless, what are the chances that:

- The mod included an experimental role to nerf a PR that already has limitations on it.
- That PR happened to target Mimi the night that I investigated her.

Like, it could have happened, but it would make the balance of the game really weird and the framer-esque person would have to be seriously lucky. I don't consider this likely at all.
Nicole Mimi Tithel
Nicole Mimi Tithel
Goon
Nicole Mimi Tithel
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2235 (ISO) » Wed Feb 17, 2016 3:41 am

Um, anything where all information is revealed to the party manipulating it (i.e. godfather or any form of tailor where one person would actively falsify results). I have trouble believing you objectively interpreted my post that way unless you think I'm an idiot.
Nicole Mimi Tithel
Nicole Mimi Tithel
Goon
Nicole Mimi Tithel
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2236 (ISO) » Wed Feb 17, 2016 3:42 am

In post 2234, Rob14 wrote:Regardless, what are the chances that:

- The mod included an experimental role to nerf a PR that already has limitations on it.
- That PR happened to target Mimi the night that I investigated her.

Like, it could have happened, but it would make the balance of the game really weird and the framer-esque person would have to be seriously lucky. I don't consider this likely at all.

Hence why I want a fullclaim.

This is such a ridiculously weird situation where I think it would be beneficial to have it out in the open WTF happened. And, tbh, "keeping my role hidden" is, and always has been, dumb reasoning when in 99% of cases having all of the information on the table early is better for town.
Nicole Mimi Tithel
Nicole Mimi Tithel
Goon
Nicole Mimi Tithel
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2237 (ISO) » Wed Feb 17, 2016 3:46 am

After I flip, you'll be run up and forced to fullclaim, and then if you're town I can almost guarantee that someone will figure out some bullshit reason (either an oversight or role info) which explains what happened today which, if claimed today would have just cleared this up immediately.

That's the point I'm making.
Nicole Mimi Tithel
Nicole Mimi Tithel
Goon
Nicole Mimi Tithel
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2238 (ISO) » Wed Feb 17, 2016 3:48 am

I'm aware you're like "oo I got a guilty", and are thus working under the preconception that all of my posts must be coming from scum - despite the fact it should be fairly obvious I'm not scum if my posts are read objectively, and you've chosen to ignore the reasons I've laid out for this as "WIFOM" despite it being obviously not - but from where I'm sitting, if this isn't cleared up right the fuck now it'll end in 2 chain mislynches, which will entirely fuck us in the ass bc lol 2 kills/night.
CooLDoG
CooLDoG
Mafia Scum
CooLDoG
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2239 (ISO) » Wed Feb 17, 2016 3:50 am

Post by CooLDoG »

In post 1634, beeboy wrote:
In post 1632, YT2980 wrote:This isn't very coherent at all. Come again?

Are you referring to the 1, 2, 3 point system?

Yes. The consensus lynch system seems very anti-town. Also informs scum what the safest wagon to hop onto is.

the only good post I have read so far.

In post 1660, pisskop wrote:Im not getting lynched because plain and simple Im too good of a player to get roped.

I havent read D1. maybe Ill get the motivation to later but I hope somebody has some juicy results on TSO.

this post and others like it make pisskop look contrived. No one would ever be so brazen as to actually not read d1.

In post 1722, Rob14 wrote:And no, I do not think a commuter should claim to verify that story. That actually sounds like a pretty decent scum ability, so it's possible she isn't lying about the ability itself.

wait, then why the vote?

In post 1758, popsofctown wrote:I don't like pisskop's slot. He's either actually defiant or faking defiance of a town that doesn't care if he dies, but he comes off as fake to me. It's the timing of his comments, and how they match the pressure on him, or lack thereof. I don't feel like obtuse town would switch their schtick from scum to doctor, it undercuts the irony, and that makes it seem more forced

I agree with his post. I have noticed the same thing.

In post 1887, Nicole Mimi Tithel wrote:I would like anyone who
doesn't
buy the guilty result on me to explain why the hell scum-Rob would claim a guilty on me, when all it'd do is probably get him lynched the next day. And ya it could have been a legit guilty even if he is scum here, but if he was scum, with an info role and got a guilty, why would he openly post it and basically tell the other scum team to shoot him?

the only reason a scum aligned cop would do that is if he thought he could wifom out of a kill for a few nights via a doctor protect, I guess that's chill, but it isn't sustainable in the long term. So yeah, I'm pretty sure rob's claim is coming from town. If not, my hat is off to you for having balls of steel, rob.

In post 1890, T S O wrote:What is difficult about the situation to grasp? What are you doing?

this.
In post 1891, beeboy wrote:Maybe I should vote I don't know ;-;-;-;-;-;-; I am so confused I will read later.

Rob is scum so I shouldn't believe his guilty but it is so early it doesn't make sense. ;_;

early.... game is 80 pages bro.

In post 1906, Venmar wrote:
In post 1694, Rob14 wrote:So I just remembered to actually check my PMs and read what my night action result was.

Nicole Mimi, claim now. If not, you're getting quick-lynched. I have an incriminating result, but I'm not going to say what type so that the counter-claim cannot be tailored. I want a full claim - name, role, and who you targeted last night, including result of said action.

I DO NOT BELIEVE THIS FOR A SINGLE FUCKING SECOND

YOU MEANT TO TELL ME

THAT YOU HAVE A NIGHT ACTION

AND YOU JUST FUCKING "FORGOT" AN INCRIMINATING RESULT?

nu-uh

vote: rob

Then there's also the fact that I have reason to believe Mimi's version of the claim.

This counter argument is not untrue. It wouldn't make sense for a person not to check their info before posting, and how could you forget, it was like what, 2 days of a night phase. I like this argument... need to think more when not hung-over.

In post 1908, Venmar wrote:Rob went so balls to the wall to tryign to allure his role without claiming that I think he should just claim at this point because if he's town he's fucking dead anyways.

I will say the mechanics behind this 100% guilty are quite vague. Especially considering that he can't be redirected.... which you think he would be for a cop type role.
In post 1909, YT2980 wrote:That is a gutsy ploy if Rob is scum...

this is also true. Unless scum have a doc, which would be absurd.

In post 1924, Rob14 wrote:
In post 1908, Venmar wrote:Rob went so balls to the wall to tryign to allure his role without claiming that I think he should just claim at this point because if he's town he's fucking dead anyways.

After I claim a guilty and get a scum lynched, I'm dead no matter what, but I'm playing under the assumption I'll live until tomorrow. If I die, it won't have mattered anyway - you'll see with my flip. If I live, then it will be beneficial.

Blatant role fishing so you can better counter-claim to my results.

the problem is that Rob's positions are internally consistent. they make sense from what he has said in the past...
In post 1932, T S O wrote:If you think Rob is scum who has decided to Guilty Nicole then you should still be voting Nicole.

this is correct.

In post 1939, SirCakez wrote:If Nicole flips town Rob goes straight to the rope. This would be a suicidal scum gambit that I see no purpose for.

the only question is if rob is a scum investigator at that point.

more to come with definitive read list. Let me do some bullshit irl first.
after a wank.
Elyse
Elyse
Jack of All Trades
Elyse
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2240 (ISO) » Wed Feb 17, 2016 5:00 am

Post by Elyse »

I'm sorry this week has been crazy for me. Looks like I will have to do another catchup post soon but I don't have time today either.
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She

Post Post #2241 (ISO) » Wed Feb 17, 2016 5:08 am

Post by popsofctown »

still reading my thread, but wgeurts iz my hero for rescuing the town bard. i'm jailkeeping him tonight but i'm totally gonna put like super nice food and a SNES in his jail cell
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
"What? Nothing? You would make the prince suffer over... nothing?"
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #2242 (ISO) » Wed Feb 17, 2016 5:09 am

Post by Almost50 »

In post 2240, Elyse wrote:I'm sorry this week has been crazy for me. Looks like I will have to do another catchup post soon but I don't have time today either.

This is really hurting my overall read about you. I just might change my mind and visit you instead of grapes. :P
wgeurts
wgeurts
They/Them
Pokédex
wgeurts
They/Them
Pokédex
Pokédex
Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #2243 (ISO) » Wed Feb 17, 2016 5:23 am

Post by wgeurts »

Rob13 - Leaning Town

Rob13's early Day 1 play isn't bad at all. In his first post and others like show he is already seemingly trying to sort out people. Not pilling onto the Dwlee wagon early on isn't too bad (yeah, I know its a weak as hell tell but I'm dumping all my thoughts into this post) and his later post is okay. His slight push on Suzune and suspicion of Grapes seem genuine and aren't faulty either. I quite like posts and in fact; it reminds me a lot of some other players as town. He actually actively pushes the Dwlee wagon which I'd expect more from town than scum, as they know it's going to end up being a mislynch so driving it too hard would only draw attention which they in turn avoid like the plague. His scum reads early Day 1 aren't faked and his town reads in post aligned with mine largely at the time, and people who draw similar conclusions I like to attribute as town. All in all his play start Day 1 is leaning town. He at least seems to be trying to sort players and I cannot find faults in what content he gives. My only question here is what changed grapes from scum to town in post ?

Him already thinking ahead of who we should lynch
once
Dwlee has flipped scum (although he didn't) in posts like is actually something I think is town from Rob. It shows he is convinced that his push is going to hit what he wants and he's already trying to figure out the implications of that. I find myself doing this a lot as associative tells is something I (ab)use a lot so yeah. The fact he calls me out on doing just this in strengthens the feel that is seems like he is trying to sort out the game. His push on Dwlee reads as natural and not forced.

Then we have him pushing Beeboy starting with his post . It doesn't look good. He suddenly starts saying that Dwlee could be town because of Beeboy (which is some horrible preflip associative) and yells some stuff about multiball. Why is this bad? Well in post he snaps at Dwlee for speculation with multiball so we have some hypocrisy there and the push could be seen as an attempt to grab some town-credit. The reasons for pushing Beeboy himself aren't that bad. The whole "Push Beeboy by saying there's no way Dwlee can be town while at the same time saying Dwlee may be town because Beeboy is failing to explain rationally why he thinks Dwlee is town" however is. Yeah it's a bit confusing. Feels odd and I don't know what to make of it honestly. I could see him pushing Beeboy as town, the manner in which he goes about it is a little weird though. Wanting to randomly flash-wagon Varsoon in post doesn't really help either. Nor does him dropping the Beeboy scum read so easily in . Nor does him suddenly changing back again for mostly the same reasons in .

Him not wanting the day to end before Starbucks replacement seems kind of townish.

Now for his claim on mimi. If I'm honest my sceptical side wants him to explain more however is that's going to prove harmful to the town I don't recommend that. I believe he's got something but Mimi's play seems pretty town and I harbour the doubt Rob is making a mistake somewhere. Vigging Mimi is the best way to go though, if she flips scum win-win and if she flips town we need to have Rob claim tomorrow.

Tl;dr
Rob seems town but he has some things I can't quite figure out and/or understand. I'm leaning town on him for now anyway. I believe he is an investigative role of sorts and agree to Vigging Mimi.

Nicole Mimi Tithel - Town but we need her dead (Sorry)

Now this
is
an odd one. Her claim seems legitimate as it is so absurd nobody would ever think of fake-claiming it. There is however the issue of Rob's claimed result of ???? on her that apparently makes her guilty in his eyes. This should be tested, and obviously not by killing the claimed informative role. We should vig mimi.

What irks me though is how town she seems. The whole "Lynch my scum reads when I'm dead (notice: not if I'm dead) and stop when town flip first, I could bet cash I did well" thing screams town to me. She doesn't at all seem bothered with the fact she is about to die (she seems to embrace it even) and all she is doing seems to be trying to leave the town in the best position possible after her death.
Her reads aren't faulty, they aren't forced and they are reasonably backed up. If rob hadn't claimed anything I would have her as hard town right now to be quite honest.

Beeboy - Pretty much Scum

Early Day 1 Beeboy is just urrrg to me. People that seem too happy and jolly at the start of games always look fake to me even though it is often just play style. Stuff like just read to me as off. Anyway the first real post that I'll assign actual worth to is ; here he just jumps onto the Dwlee wagon for absolutely no reason what so ever and it could be viewed as opportunism. Everything surrounding this post just pings me as off due the fluffiness and general uselessness of them all. Him just leaving the wagon and suddenly deciding he's the towniest thing in the history of Mafia is also ack. Why the heck did she just jump onto that wagon and stay in it when there was genuine threat of him getting lynched only to leave in post ? I DONT UNDERSTAND
It could be white knighting or it could just be weird as fudge erratic town.

His reasons for ever having a vote on him in post is crumpets as you don't just let someone hover around L-1 if you town read them because you know "nobody will hammer". Why is he on the wagon in the first place then?

Sometimes scum hard town read people more than others because they know they are town so they subconsciously act on that. Beeboy explaining Dwlee's actions for him is a little odd and may possibly indicate this. This over the top level of confidence of Dwlee being town is unnatural. If he thinks the vig stuff isn't alignment indicative there still isn't enough content from Dwlee to let there be such a strong town read on him. At best Beeboy should be pushing that people scum reading Dwlee for the vig thing should see it as null. Where does the town part come from?

The complete and utter 180° to scum reading him again is also awful. He seems to have just dropped the town read push thing because it was drawing unwanted attention. There is no natural transition or development there, just BAM scum read from the person she had as hard town. The push on TSO is faulty as well. Him dropping it so randomly again once again is weird as fudge.

Today he hasn't really done much either besides some weird sideline cheering on of the Mimi wagon.

Tl;dr:
Beeboys reads seem forced and unnatural, especially if you pay attention to how the reads develop they just seem to come and go way too quickly. You don't just flip around on reads like that as town.

YT980 -

At the start of Day 1 YT is a bit odd in the way he fence sits regarding Dwlee. Post being the main concern. I also didn't the like the way he blamed his bad play on lack of effort in posts like . It all looks a bit like scum trying to set themselves up to go with the flow while not actually having to do much as you just blame any accusations on "meh I'm not putting in any effort right now". The way he also suddenly jumped to Dwlee being scum after he thought he had been hammered in post is also rather strange. Can't find a scum explanation for doing this though.
Post seems like he's forming reads, though I still dislike how he's suddenly started criticising Dwlee after he was pressured for not doing so. Feels a little opportunistic. Him going after Cake later in also strikes me as odd. He hadn't really expressed any read or suspicions on this slot though he had mentioned pop for instance. Why he didn't vote for pop and why he decided to leave the Dwlee wagon is beyond me. I can some fitting explanations to explain this as gown and scum but neither is obviously more likely than the other. His next wall adds some more strangeness to the fray. Once again it gives the impression he is trying to form reads. However some things don't seem to add up. For instance the reason why he is avoiding his second highest scum reads wagon and why he decided to quit said wagon in exchange for someone he has roughly in the middle of his reads list. What the heck is BRantz doing so high up as well?

He is just kind of hopping around voting people for little things, nabbing at Dwlee every now and then but avoiding voting him at all costs. It's really strange. Could be his playstyle but eh?
He is also completely obsessed with the idea of third-parties.

Posts and regarding rob are kind of strange as well.

Why he didn't want a quick day and avoided the Dwlee wagon all day only to hammer him anyway is beyond me honestly.

I'll admit it does unnerve me a little that someone playing weirdly like this is going for the same players I am but hey. Pisskop is so crumpets scum that I'll change my avatar to one of choice if he flips town.
"
i agree we should have a rule against wgeurts
" -
Davsto

"
let's have 2 rules against wgeurts
" -
DeathRowKitty

wgeurts
wgeurts
They/Them
Pokédex
wgeurts
They/Them
Pokédex
Pokédex

Post Post #2244 (ISO) » Wed Feb 17, 2016 5:24 am

Post by wgeurts »

Oh I'm leaning scum or YT and I'm writing the others right now. Pisskop will have a whole seperate post explaining why he's scum.
"
" -
Davsto

"
" -
DeathRowKitty

wgeurts
wgeurts
They/Them
Pokédex
wgeurts
They/Them
Pokédex
Pokédex

Post Post #2245 (ISO) » Wed Feb 17, 2016 5:27 am

Post by wgeurts »

This is all phone-made as my computer is acting up for some reason. I apologise for awful English wherever.
"
" -
Davsto

"
" -
DeathRowKitty

popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She

Post Post #2246 (ISO) » Wed Feb 17, 2016 5:29 am

Post by popsofctown »

Oh noes I gotta jail Mimi because everyone is saying they want vigs to shoot at her.

I'm glad we're not lynching Rob or Mimi today because mechanical guilties often give you 1 pt but do nothing to actually solve the game, set up an illuminating worldview of what's going on, and find all the scum. It's like, casting Exploding Borders has more utility than casting Lava Axe unless you are going to knock an entire player/faction out of the game. It's even worth risking things going Horribly Awry and mislynching someone. At least a little information is gained.

I have a couple minus points for everyone in the game who is happy to let this be a game of IRC mafia mainly dominated by the roles and night results. The poor value of the d1 lynch compounds how undesirable this is. Like, you didn't accomplish anything Monday and Tuesday you want to take the day off.

Fixed the links.
~Skull
Last edited by Skullduggery on Wed Feb 17, 2016 9:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
"What? Nothing? You would make the prince suffer over... nothing?"
wgeurts
wgeurts
They/Them
Pokédex
wgeurts
They/Them
Pokédex
Pokédex

Post Post #2247 (ISO) » Wed Feb 17, 2016 5:30 am

Post by wgeurts »

Could you not Jailkeep Mimi?
"
" -
Davsto

"
" -
DeathRowKitty

wgeurts
wgeurts
They/Them
Pokédex
wgeurts
They/Them
Pokédex
Pokédex

Post Post #2248 (ISO) » Wed Feb 17, 2016 5:31 am

Post by wgeurts »

Like I am your LORD KIWI so obey me
"
" -
Davsto

"
" -
DeathRowKitty

beeboy
beeboy
Survivor
beeboy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2249 (ISO) » Wed Feb 17, 2016 5:33 am

Post by beeboy »

I am too lazy to break down my post at school but you are strawmaning the shit out of me.
ah yes, beeboy style reads;
if this person flips town, then i'll townread them. - Nahdia

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”