Seven-Colored Puppeteer
FakeGod
Seven-Colored Puppeteer
Seven-Colored Puppeteer

Post Post #975 (ISO) » Mon May 23, 2016 11:20 am

Post by FakeGod »

VoteCount 1.8

Katsuki [4] - Katsuki, G[o]dz, camn, Brian Skies
Spiffeh [8] - Skybird, Kagami, hiplop, Spiffeh, BROseidon, Axelrod, Albert B. Rampage, zakk
Fate [3] - Fate, kuribo, KittyMo
kuribo [3] - Nachomamma8, Antihero, SirCakez

Not Voting [3]
- DrippingGoofball, SXTLHGaiden, implosion

With 21 alive it takes 11 votes to become King

Countdown to deadline: (expired on 2016-05-28 15:00:00)
My favorite site mod is Zor Tester.
I have Brandi's autograph! I bet you're jealous.

Send me a PM if you want to replace in!
Spiffeh
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Paragone
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #976 (ISO) » Mon May 23, 2016 11:23 am

Post by Spiffeh »

Nacho wanna claim?

Or do anything else?
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #977 (ISO) » Mon May 23, 2016 11:24 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 864, kuribo wrote:
In post 854, Kagami wrote:Gaiden is a special snowflake. If you want to waste more time, review his town-games.
way to convince me
Kagami knows Gaiden well and has a decent track record of reading him well; this game saw an early correct reading of Gaiden, this game saw an early correct reading of Gaiden, this is a read that came much later, but ended up correct. I know that Gaiden doesn't exactly have the tendency to wow and blow people away with his openings, but Kagami's read isn't something you should ignore.
"Playing with Nacho is like playing with a religious conservative." ~UncertainKitten

-- Fate, Vanilla Townie, was brutally stabbed by a throwing sword in endgame.
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #978 (ISO) » Mon May 23, 2016 11:28 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 976, Spiffeh wrote:Nacho wanna claim?

Or do anything else?
I'm not going to claim today, no.

I don't have much time so I'm not going to attempt a big readswall of any sort, but hopefully will have time to outline a couple of thoughts that I had before I go.
"Playing with Nacho is like playing with a religious conservative." ~UncertainKitten

G[o]dz
G[o]dz
Goon
G[o]dz
Goon
Goon

Post Post #979 (ISO) » Mon May 23, 2016 11:29 am

Post by G[o]dz »

For comparison:

Antihero's reads in his final post appeared to be:

town: { kuribo, Fate, Nachomamma8, Skybird, KittyMo, Spiffeh, BROseidon, Axelrod, Kagami, Brian Skies }
meh: { DrippingGoofball, Katsuki, Albert B. Rampage, SXTLHGaiden, hiplop, implosion, SirCakez, camn }
scum: { zakk }

My current reads look something like:

{ kuribo, Fate, Nachomamma8, KittyMo, Spiffeh, Axelrod, Kagami, Brian Skies } { zakk } { SXTLHGaiden }
{ DrippingGoofball, Kastuki, Albert B. Rampage, hiplop, implosion, SirCakez, camn } { Skybird, BROseidon }

Where the bottom layer is people I either think are scum or don't have any sort of town read on.

Actually, I'm wavering slightly on where to put implosion/camn. Implosion because his posts feel very scripted, but I think that might just be his playstyle and I don't really have issues with what he's saying, per se, so much as how they feel to me, and camn because while she's coming across as rather loose and good-natured, there's a distinct lack of actual finding-the-scum and far too much theory posting.
"There is no greater feeling in life than eating cheese." - G[o]dz
Fate
Fate
:HAPPY:
Fate

Post Post #980 (ISO) » Mon May 23, 2016 11:31 am

Post by Fate »

....the fuck?
Fate is absurdly beautiful. 運命に弄ばれる
"Fate you keep alternating between narratives of doing it for fun and doing it for the sake of winning"
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #981 (ISO) » Mon May 23, 2016 11:32 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 908, Kagami wrote:Gaiden-king would be so good it's painful that there's resistance there.
I agree that Gaiden would be a great choice if we had sufficient reason to fear heroes, but town heroes should be claiming, and a scum hero in a majority kingmaker setup is a sufficiently dumb enough role that I don't see reason to fear it.

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #982 (ISO) » Mon May 23, 2016 11:34 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 927, kuribo wrote:
In post 926, Spiffeh wrote:Why are you so confident Gaiden is town?
the interactions between the two of them have been absolutely bizarre
as most meta-interactions between players are (see: you and DGB).

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #983 (ISO) » Mon May 23, 2016 11:39 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 806, Skybird wrote:
G[o wrote:dz post_id=7939090 time=1463971996 user_id=15399 post_num=731]
In post 709, Skybird wrote:I did get something out of it.
Oh? What?
His response to me was blah. He didn't try and engage me on anything either. I don't see him scum hunting like I know he can. I'm leaning scum on him.
I haven't minded any of Skybird's posting so far up to this point; I don't think that it's her style to scumhunt to a significant extent in general and can see her engage people with theory-related questions to get her foot in the door. The part that I thought was disingenuous was the part where she acted like she got something out of my response to her; that seemed a response to Godz telling her that it was useless more than genuine opinion based on what I said to her.

Fate
Fate
Fate

Post Post #984 (ISO) » Mon May 23, 2016 11:45 am

Post by Fate »

TOWN heroes should be claiming?

There's no fucking way j can save you now Nacho
"Fate you keep alternating between narratives of doing it for fun and doing it for the sake of winning"
Fate
Fate
Fate

Post Post #985 (ISO) » Mon May 23, 2016 11:47 am

Post by Fate »

Kagami makes no fucking sense what are people saying

She's been hard claimimg heroes in the game for 8 years and then wants obvtown GAIDEN to be the one to kill himself?

How the fuck does that make any sense

We're dar from lylo we need to elect null/hard to read players king so we have all the information from the day.

<-OH HEY LOOK
SXTLHGaiden
SXTLHGaiden
Mafia Scum
SXTLHGaiden
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #986 (ISO) » Mon May 23, 2016 11:48 am

Post by SXTLHGaiden »

I'm obvtown?
You're not going to make a silk purse out of a sow's ear. S*Gaiden will not make long cases, write stunning insights, or sugar coat his words. He is not the man for multi-paragraph eloquence. He is, however, being honest to a fault, and it comes across in his writing.
- GreyICE
it can help the game for people to be aware that L-1 is L-Gaiden
- popsofctown
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #987 (ISO) » Mon May 23, 2016 11:49 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 984, Fate wrote:TOWN heroes should be claiming?

There's no fucking way j can save you now Nacho
If they're about to be killed by a player they're townreading, yes.

Fate
Fate
Fate

Post Post #988 (ISO) » Mon May 23, 2016 11:49 am

Post by Fate »

If Nacho flips town I'm killing every single person that switched the wagon to Spiffeh starting with Kagami who doesn't even want to take a stance saying Nacho is scum while forming the wagon that means his death
Fate
Fate
Fate

Post Post #989 (ISO) » Mon May 23, 2016 11:49 am

Post by Fate »

In post 986, SXTLHGaiden wrote:I'm obvtown?
Yes
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #990 (ISO) » Mon May 23, 2016 11:55 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 366, BROseidon wrote:Also, the last page is really dumb, but anti is pretty town. Backing out to make the game not toxic is a super town thing to do, especially from someone like anti
In post 378, BROseidon wrote:
In post 375, Katsuki wrote:
In post 368, BROseidon wrote:Also it should probably be stated that, unless something big happens, Katsuki will probably execute me for largely personal reasons if elected king, so people should probably be aware of that
Why would you think I'd execute you over personal reasons as oppose to thinking that you're scum?

And what would those personal reasons be in the first place?
Because reads are influenced by personal relationships, and the fact of the matter is that, to my recollection, you've never townread me. That's almost definitely tied to the fact that we don't get along.

Those personal reasons being that we've never had an interaction in any game or outside of a game that was positive, and the majority have been to some degree toxic.
In post 670, BROseidon wrote:
In post 576, kuribo wrote:And frankly I think other than the Antihero/Godz thing,
it hasn't been the shitstorm of shouting I half expected
I'm starting to think that the reason this game isn't super toxic is important.
In post 684, BROseidon wrote:The problem is though that I can't figure out the narrative that the lack of toxicity ties into.
These are all posts that I think BRO is more likelier to make as town than scum. As scum, he's more likely to pick apart logic and put his effort into more straightforward and understandable theories while as town he's more willing to wander down a couple of rabbit holes here and there.

There's no hard evidence here, but I haven't personally seen these types of posts when I've seen him as scum but I've seen a few decent examples of him doing it as town {Wicked, whatever that horrible game we hydraed in was}.

Fate
Fate
Fate

Post Post #991 (ISO) » Mon May 23, 2016 11:56 am

Post by Fate »

Nacho the more you post the more I just want to see your flip to break this game open
Fate
Fate
Fate

Post Post #992 (ISO) » Mon May 23, 2016 11:59 am

Post by Fate »

In post 949, Kagami wrote:No, I was super happy with katsuki or fate being taken out by a hero. I just don't have enough confidence in their being town to justify voting them if they're not going to specify their lynch.
like this post needs to be highlighted:

I was super happy with fate or katsuki dying to the hero that I have a hard on for.

2. but I don't think they're town enough to vote so that they can die to a hero and I can't trust them when they won't specify their lynch

First of all Kagami is competent enough to know WHY katsuki and I won't specify our lynch. Its nto a scum move in any sense, scum will just have a lynchpool of mislynch targets and get their fucking dirty work done

Katsuki and I are always secretive about our reads and its better to keep scum on their toes this way.

Kagami is said scum unwilling to give control of the lynch to competent players who can't be read (scum are always trying to read town too)

If Nacho flips town Kagami dies no questions asked. I don't care how many nightkills I eat
Kagami will be the next lynch if nacho flips town.
SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #993 (ISO) » Mon May 23, 2016 12:01 pm

Post by SirCakez »

In post 878, zakk wrote:back from v/la

things are exactly the same in the votecount but there are 16 more pages?

;lakdsf;alskdfja;lsdkfjasd;lfkjasdflkj

dammit you guys
More scumposting from Zakk
In post 890, Spiffeh wrote:Cakez might be scum actually

His overconfidence and general "I'm right" attitude is off putting and something I haven't seen to this extent in his town game
Yeah I'm not getting wagoned 3 pages into the game this time :roll:
In post 917, kuribo wrote:Gaiden is in my bottom three of the LAST people I'd want to see a gun handed to
This. I'm not sure why Gaiden is being pushed so heavily by Kagami for king considering the little he's done as compared to others. Haven't finished catchup yet but would like to hear more on this front.
Brian Skies - "
I just wanna say Cakez is an evil mod and this is an evil setup.
"

--------------------
Get to know a Cakez!
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #994 (ISO) » Mon May 23, 2016 12:02 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 991, Fate wrote:Nacho the more you post the more I just want to see your flip to break this game open
If you use my flip to kill a townread I have proficiency in reading, I'll strangle you from the grave.

KittyMo
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
Too Sparkly

Post Post #995 (ISO) » Mon May 23, 2016 12:03 pm

Post by KittyMo »

In post 944, kuribo wrote:Oh. Re: KittyMo

I didn't like that on at least two occasions, she's already put out an excuse for why she won't be posting much. First real life stuff (okay, fair enough) but then also the "toxic playerlist" which as I pointed out, was mostly set in stone when she signed up for it. Her reads have been vague (is she keeping up?) and she asks questions that seem to go nowhere. Regarding her reads, she says she's having trouble reading this player list, and fine if that's the case, but it could just as easily be that she has too many people reading each other as town. (ie, the same problem I had in Gumball)

her reads are that she's town reading nacho (and presumably fate) and she throws a little shade on implosion that never really goes anywhere

so, for all of this and probably some things i'm forgetting, I'd shoot kittymo MAAAYBE over ABR but not sure

though if kagami and gaiden don't stop with their political stumping, i'd just shoot one of them instead
I don't really get how you can have read all my posts and think that's what my reads are, and I don't understand your Gumball-related point.

I am townreading Nacho. Partly for gut (esp Friday night), and partly because I spent hours last week listening to him talk about past mafia games, and I got the sense that as scum he's really concerned with consistently making a good impression, while as town he is more willing to slack/more confident in his ability to eventually fight his way out of a lynch. I don't think he has approached this game to try to get townread, and is instead focusing on what he is personally concerned with and/or amused by regardless of the impression it makes while being very much not UTR.

I like Axel's push on Nacho. iirc they know each other from MTGS and his focus on Nacho seems like someone that does not know his alignment but is to some degree anchoring his view of the game around him because Axel hardly knows anyone else. I don't townread Spiffeh and think his reads are p bad. I disliked Skybird's first post as well as how she's addressed Spiffeh. Her playstyle seems advantageous if she's scum because it limits interactional tells and has kind of allowed her to harp on the same points repeatedly, but I get the sense that interacting with her directly will end in me being frustrated more than anything.

My implosion read is more of a lost townread than a scumread. He's more, idk, composed than I expected and his ~Saturday reads turned my gut off. I do like that he's active. I don't want to talk about my Fate read.

Brian
ignored a question of mine while pestering G[od]z for not responding to him, but I'm at least starting to get a better sense for how he's thinking about the game. Gaiden is ugh but I feel like when people like Kagami give the sort of read that she did on him, it makes Gaiden likely town even if Kagami isn't.

I think BRO's sorta casual in a good way and has some good content so I'm surprised he seems to be in a lot of scumpools. I am a little disappointed that his Anti read didn't have more substance to it, but I'm more concerned about people like Katsuki, zakk, ABR & hippo.
Alt of Ariel | MafiaScum wiki volunteer contributor & sysop | Identity (Mish Mash) is back | Speakeasy Secret Santa

"plz don't swear" -- N
"Do people just not appreciate the good old wall of text anymore?" -- Cheery Dog
Fate
Fate
Fate

Post Post #996 (ISO) » Mon May 23, 2016 12:04 pm

Post by Fate »

kagami scum wants a king for someone who is pretty town and has a strong meta connection with so that he can pull all the strings.

Kagami is blatantly manipulating things

and the dissonance within because the narrative of "oh shit theres a hero so we gotta play around it"

and

"but I wnat to elect an obvtown read who I can trust to play by my rules"

is so blaringly obvious that it needs to be full of holes.
SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #997 (ISO) » Mon May 23, 2016 12:05 pm

Post by SirCakez »

In post 928, Kagami wrote:I'm moderately confident of that for reasons that are best summarized as meta on someone who has a highly stereotyped meta.

That's irrelevant, because I'm 100% confident that he'd kill as directed and if other people wouldn't participate in the choice, my choice would get substantial weight.
What makes Gaiden so special in this regard? There are several others who would be open to killing exactly who the people want. And just meta is a fairly weak argument to townreading him so strongly.
In post 939, Axelrod wrote:Listing who we want dead the most (currently) seems like just the prudent thing to do.

My understanding of the appeal of Gaiden is that he is offering to be a sock-puppet for the will of the majority (as opposed to the other contenders here who are not only not going to do that, but seem adamantly opposed to even the idea of it) That at least is theoretically as close as we can make this to just being a "regular" lynch - assuming Gaiden does what he's told - and obv,. if he didn't, he'd be on the block next. And at the same time Kagami is suggesting that in the event of some kind of super-saint role where the King gets killed back, Gaiden isn't a great loss. Am I grasping the idea?
Ah if it's to counteract a possible Supersaint thing then it makes more sense.
In post 962, zakk wrote:
In post 813, kuribo wrote:Zakk has all but disappeared since people started town reading him as I said which worries me
1. i have no idea why people are town reading me
2. i was gone/unavailable pretty much this entire weekend

but yeah. you're right.

i kinda think this game will be pretty inscrutable until stuff of note happens, and i don't really think anything of note has happened yet, so i'm kinda just coasting. once there's something to care about, i'll care about it. if i see something worth talking about, i'll talk about it. but for now it's just a group handjob orgy of "make me king! no, me! haiguys we're all in the same game and this is hilarious" and similar shit, so i have no stake in that, because i know i'm not popular enough in this group to be made king, and probably not hated enough to have locusts pissed on me (or whatever the fuck) so yup. just waiting around for shit to happen.

if you guys wanna make me king, i'll for sure kill scum though. or your money back.

#votezakk2016
I would really like a zakk execution today. Posting like this, admitting he's coasting and admitting to intentionally not doing anything is very scummy.

I'm not going to vote Spiff for king because that's basically voting Nacho for a lynch and there are others like Zakk and Godz who I would prefer executed.
Brian Skies - "
I just wanna say Cakez is an evil mod and this is an evil setup.
"

--------------------
Get to know a Cakez!
Fate
Fate
Fate

Post Post #998 (ISO) » Mon May 23, 2016 12:05 pm

Post by Fate »

In post 994, Nachomamma8 wrote:
In post 991, Fate wrote:Nacho the more you post the more I just want to see your flip to break this game open
If you use my flip to kill a townread I have proficiency in reading, I'll strangle you from the grave.
DO YOU FUCKING HAVE YOUR EYES OPEN OR NIGHT

LOOK AT HOW KAGAMI IS DANCING AROUND READING YOU

THERE IS NO COHESION IN THE THOUGHTS
Fate
Fate
Fate

Post Post #999 (ISO) » Mon May 23, 2016 12:10 pm

Post by Fate »

here's a spoiler alert:

Skybird, Kagami, hiplop, Spiffeh, BROseidon, Axelrod, Albert B. Rampage, zakk

All of my scumreads except 1 are on this wagon. I have about 3/4 scumreads.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”