Realeo
Realeo
Jack of All Trades
Realeo
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #175 (ISO) » Sun Aug 28, 2016 8:33 pm

Post by Realeo »

BTW. How many of you soft V/LA during weekend? This may explains the lack of activity.
"The debate on whether short multi postings or a long wall of post is good or not is like a debate on gun control--we would never understand each other and we have to make peace with it." -Realeo

I'm mabye a serious player, but I'm capable of joke. Ok?
Persivul
Persivul
Survivor
Persivul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #176 (ISO) » Sun Aug 28, 2016 11:24 pm

Post by Persivul »

In post 156, shos wrote:
@MOD we need serious clarification regarding the lynch/strand methodology.
1. There are no traditional lynches in this game, only stranding.
2. Upon a majority vote, phase ends and the player voted is stranded.
3. If no majority vote by phase end, the player with the highest number of votes is stranded.
4. There is no difference between stranded per 2 above, and stranded per 3 above. They're the same thing.
5. The player stranded is NOT flipped upon stranding. Flips only occur upon death.
6. The stranded player cannot barricade that night.
7. The stranded player cannot kill that night, UNLESS they are the current mafia strongman.
8. If the stranded player is not killed that night, they resume play as usual with all role abilities restored.

Ask if you have more questions, unusual mechanics are in play and I expect some confusion.
Last edited by Persivul on Sun Aug 28, 2016 11:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Persivul
Persivul
Survivor
Persivul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #177 (ISO) » Sun Aug 28, 2016 11:26 pm

Post by Persivul »

In post 157, lane0168 wrote:UNVOTE: so shadow is probably right, and I'm the idiot. There is no lynching I'm assuming. Everything is stranded. We're voting to strand people so they can't use their ability. I got messed up by that last line. Basically, "lynch" is not a thing in this game.
That's correct.
In post 159, lane0168 wrote:Yeah but they aren't lynched. They're stranded. So it's not interchangeable
Sorry if the wording was confusing.
There are no traditional lynches in this game.
Last edited by Persivul on Sun Aug 28, 2016 11:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nosferatu
Nosferatu
Jack of All Trades
Nosferatu
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #178 (ISO) » Sun Aug 28, 2016 11:28 pm

Post by Nosferatu »

So I'm not going to say I told you so,

But I told you so.
BRASIL BRASIL BRASIL BRRRRR
last.fm
gtkas
Persivul
Persivul
Survivor
Persivul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #179 (ISO) » Sun Aug 28, 2016 11:29 pm

Post by Persivul »

In post 170, pisskop wrote:WE CAN LYNCH TODAY. AND EVERYDAY
No, there are no lynches in this game. The player voted - whether by majority or plurality - is only stranded. Someone still needs to shoot that person at night in order to kill them.
Last edited by Persivul on Sun Aug 28, 2016 11:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Persivul
Persivul
Survivor
Persivul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #180 (ISO) » Sun Aug 28, 2016 11:31 pm

Post by Persivul »

Votecount 1.3

shos (1) - nosferatu
kuroi (1) - magna
epod (1) - almost
lane (1) - kraska
vedith (1) - shadow
realeo (4) - pisskop, kuroi, shos, vedith

Not voting (4) - PeregrineV, Epod~lady, Realeo, lane

With 13 alive, it takes 7 votes to strand.

(expired on 2016-09-10 06:30:00) remain until day end

Persivul
Persivul
Survivor
Persivul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #181 (ISO) » Sun Aug 28, 2016 11:42 pm

Post by Persivul »

The rules were edited to remove the "interchangeable" line as that was causing confusion.

Again, there is no lynching, only stranding. This is an intentional part of the setup which adds a layer of delicious wifom. Enjoy...
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #182 (ISO) » Mon Aug 29, 2016 12:45 am

Post by Almost50 »

In post 151, kraska77 wrote:The real tryhard here is lane
More votes on lane pls
That might be the case, but I've seen him play like this as town, so I'm undecided. Actually, he's got a point on shos.

I also agree with lane that low content isn't helping anyone but scum getting along with the rest of us.

Modded 2 Opens & 2 Large Themed games successfully.
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #183 (ISO) » Mon Aug 29, 2016 12:53 am

Post by Almost50 »

In post 157, lane0168 wrote:UNVOTE: so shadow is probably right, and I'm the idiot. There is no lynching I'm assuming. Everything is stranded. We're voting to strand people so they can't use their ability. I got messed up by that last line. Basically, "lynch" is not a thing in this game.
Mate, I'll give it to you straight: An idiot you are NOT, but you're very good at playing dumb. that's why I'm confused about you. Usually someone playing like this would get a town lean read from me this early in the game, but -knowing you- I'm not at all sure if it's genuine or intentional.

The problem with this game is we have players who are very well capable of playing exactly the same as either alignment. lane, (PV), Kuroi, Nos & PK. There are others whom I have not played with as one alignment (Vedith, shaddowez, MoI & kraska), so I've got to do with what I have and then go doubt every conclusion I reach!! :shifty:

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #184 (ISO) » Mon Aug 29, 2016 1:07 am

Post by Almost50 »

TBH, I don't even get why realeo has 4 votes on him (i.e. the leading wagon). For one thing, you don't lynch the most active player on D1 when the game is suffering from low activity. For another, I don't see much of a case on him.

Gun to my head and forced to vote now it'd probably be shos. Then again, PV has yet to post ONCE!

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #185 (ISO) » Mon Aug 29, 2016 1:11 am

Post by Almost50 »

You know what? I'm down to lynching PV (0 posts), shaddow (2 posts) or Epod (4 posts). At least let's pressure them into posting more and providing some content.

VOTE: PV

This feels like a deja vu, and I hope it's the right dream, not the "I'm the town doctor" one (<< this last bit is @kraska).

Realeo
Realeo
Jack of All Trades
Realeo
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #186 (ISO) » Mon Aug 29, 2016 1:20 am

Post by Realeo »

Statistically speaking, this implies that we only need to strand when mafia are 3 people, right?

I mean, if we strand a goon, mafia is down from 2 kills -> 1.

But with 2 mafiosos and 1 mafia, mafia kill will only stay as 1 kill. Stranding can't damage scum.
"The debate on whether short multi postings or a long wall of post is good or not is like a debate on gun control--we would never understand each other and we have to make peace with it." -Realeo

kraska77
kraska77
Mafia Scum
kraska77
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #187 (ISO) » Mon Aug 29, 2016 1:21 am

Post by kraska77 »

Lol
Pv's profile says last online on 25th
Don't think he even picked up his role pm yet
kraska77
kraska77
Mafia Scum
kraska77
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #188 (ISO) » Mon Aug 29, 2016 1:38 am

Post by kraska77 »

Tentative townreads so far: realeo and shos

I think if shos were scum and trying to fake townships, he would have done so in more moderation. He kept getting one thing wrong abt the setup after the other and the thing he said about confirming the wrong role was unprovoked and looked incredibly scummy, I don't think he would have said that if he were scum. Also mod was afk for a while iirc, so mod not correcting his conf is believable

Lane's jump on shos looks shitty. And the "don't steal my line of thought" thing shows he's concerned with being credited for calling out on realeo first which is also shitty
And the vote on shadow is super shitty. It was weekend and deadline is 11 days away idk what he's making a big deal about
kraska77
kraska77
Mafia Scum
kraska77
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #189 (ISO) » Mon Aug 29, 2016 1:40 am

Post by kraska77 »

"Dont steal my line of questioning"*
Realeo
Realeo
Jack of All Trades
Realeo
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #190 (ISO) » Mon Aug 29, 2016 1:41 am

Post by Realeo »

In post 188, kraska77 wrote:He kept getting one thing wrong abt the setup after the other and the thing he said about confirming the wrong role was unprovoked and looked incredibly scummy, I don't think he would have said that if he were scum.
Also mod was afk for a while iirc, so mod not correcting his conf is believable
To be honest, I won a lot of EpicMafia's game shos' way, which is why I mentioned dumbtelling. But the underlined thingy is potentially true.

shos
shos
Survivor
shos
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #191 (ISO) » Mon Aug 29, 2016 2:06 am

Post by shos »

That thing about lane is correct, I didnt think about it. When youbare town and someone continues your train of thoughts you nod and say "YESZ". You dont attack the one agreeing with you.

Anyway, realeo, you are wrong because even if scum have only 1 strongman shot, the othrr kill can damage non-barricading town.

Generally, again, we must doscuss the setup because it is to our best. Everyone must understand that the only way we have to harm scum is by nightkilling them. We cannot all use our barricade.
If we all shoot, we have good chances of hitting some scum. But we may also lose at least 3 townies.

Since we are guaranteed 2 deaths at least if we do so, we shouldnt all barricade,but also shouldnt tell who is and who isnt. In my opinion, after d1 we still have no idea about flips, so only shoot if you have a reallly good scumread. Then later we will reveal ithose who barricaded before those who took shots and see what we can gather. We also must remember to try and avoid the masons...
In post 836, Lucky2u said:

Rule # 5h05: players should not attempt to use or manipulate the mod for any purpose.
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #192 (ISO) » Mon Aug 29, 2016 3:15 am

Post by Almost50 »

In post 188, kraska77 wrote:Lane's jump on shos looks shitty. And the "don't steal my line of thought" thing shows he's concerned with being credited for calling out on realeo first which is also shitty
I have no qualms with your line of thoughts, except for this bit. lane is concerned with being credited for calling our realeo first does not go with you having a town read on realeo. If realeo IS town, the last thing scum!lane wants to do is to be their main wagon leader. I could see this if you had a scum read on realeo yourself (it's called bussing for town cred), but not with scum!lane and town!realeo.

shos
shos
Survivor
shos
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #193 (ISO) » Mon Aug 29, 2016 3:19 am

Post by shos »

I disagree. Being a town leader on a mislynch does not earn you scum points imo. Much more scumpoints are goven for 'agreeing and sheeping' someone else who leads a mislynch.
In post 836, Lucky2u said:

Rule # 5h05: players should not attempt to use or manipulate the mod for any purpose.
MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #194 (ISO) » Mon Aug 29, 2016 3:35 am

Post by MagnaofIllusion »

Back from V/LA …

I don’t know what to make of Shos’ multiple gaffes of understanding. I can understand the occasional (even reading the rules twice I missed that normal lynches were still Strands) but his complete mis-read on his role PM reminds me of Kuroi’s repeated gaffes in Science UPick (which Shos was a part of) about no clearly understanding the set-up.

@Shos
– since no-one bit on your “I have Kuroi scum meta” what does that say to you in general and about Kuroi specifically?

I dislike Almost’s as he states he doesn’t want to strand Peregrine (and explained further at ) but then votes him in . There is a disconnect there and given Peregrine likely flaking means lurker hunting within the first 72 hours a game is open is suspect.

I’m also considering voting for Nosferatu. His explanation of why he isn’t voting the player with supposedly actively scummy play over someone who just “triggers” him more is suspect.

VOTE: Pisskop

Clinging onto “It’s RVS you can’t suspect me” in is scummy enough on its own to warrant a serious vote but the rest of his post don’t dissuade me that Stranding him is a good play.

On policy I’d also like to strand kraska for repeated use of the phrase “tryhard” which is so inane it hurts my brain to have to read it.

--
In post 40, kraska77 wrote:If majority consolidates on a vigging pool of 2 or sth before each day ends then we're good I guess?
Not necessarily.

First the scum back-ups are free to shoot if they aren’t in the pool meaning scum can probably score multiple easy kills with too much in thread coordination. The only Town players who have freedom to coordinate are the Masons.

--
In post 186, Realeo wrote:Statistically speaking, this implies that we only need to strand when mafia are 3 people, right?

I mean, if we strand a goon, mafia is down from 2 kills -> 1.

But with 2 mafiosos and 1 mafia, mafia kill will only stay as 1 kill. Stranding can't damage scum.
No. Stranding a goon only means that they can’t absolutely get two kills a Night. The other Goon choosing to shoot at someone committed to Vigging also means they net a kill.

Which reinforces that while no open communication is suboptimal for Town it is less suboptimal than laying out a plan openly that allows scum to exploit known Town Viggers.
"I am a leaf on the wind ... watch how I soar!"

Pretty much Geriatric game restricted at this point ... unless there are players I REALLY want to play with.
pisskop
pisskop
Survivor
pisskop
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #195 (ISO) » Mon Aug 29, 2016 3:43 am

Post by pisskop »

Ewww, moron godzilla cant logic.

I was pointing out that RVS doesnt end the moment 1 person makes a serious vote
beeboy - Everyone thought this game was made to troll pie but it was really made to troll pisskop.
Almost50 pisskop: Overall, that's a townie slot. Don't ask for specifics because with PK everything can be interpreted either way. It's probably WHEN he says/does things that matter, so it's more of a matter of conception rather than solid reasoning.
pisskop
pisskop
Survivor
pisskop
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #196 (ISO) » Mon Aug 29, 2016 3:43 am

Post by pisskop »

VOTE: Godzilla
beeboy - Everyone thought this game was made to troll pie but it was really made to troll pisskop.
Almost50 pisskop: Overall, that's a townie slot. Don't ask for specifics because with PK everything can be interpreted either way. It's probably WHEN he says/does things that matter, so it's more of a matter of conception rather than solid reasoning.
pisskop
pisskop
Survivor
pisskop
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #197 (ISO) » Mon Aug 29, 2016 3:44 am

Post by pisskop »

I cant play a whoel game with somebody who cant make a real case and has to wedge it in between nit picks at other players. What a shitball tactic to mask his poor abilities.
kraska77
kraska77
Mafia Scum
kraska77
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #198 (ISO) » Mon Aug 29, 2016 3:47 am

Post by kraska77 »

Lol
Nosferatu
Nosferatu
Jack of All Trades