Mafia Scum
Zyf
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #325 (ISO) » Thu Sep 08, 2016 3:51 am

Post by Zyf »

In post 318, PenguinPower wrote:
In post 313, karnos wrote:
In post 310, PenguinPower wrote:Hmmm...I'm liking Hark more now.

Let's try this

VOTE: karnos
Hmm, is this a chainsaw?

You were interestingly absent from the Martha wagon. Are you texcat's partner?
I'm absent from the wagon because I disagree with it. Someone on it is scum. Right now, I think that could be you.
whoaaaaaaaa no
that's not ok
VOTE: penguin
"They don't think it be like it is, but it do." -Oscar Gamble

this account is ded now kthxbai
Loopdan
Loopdan
Mafia Scum
Loopdan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #326 (ISO) » Thu Sep 08, 2016 3:53 am

Post by Loopdan »

In post 296, Thor665 wrote:
In post 212, NJAC wrote:I think I'm the only one openly resisting it. Zyf put her at L-1, so he doesn't count as resistant. Loop was basically catching up.
Zyf assuredly counts as defense, and Loop was defending her also.
I haven't defended Martha. In fact, I've said that I think Martha looked a bit scummy. I did express concern over her being speed-lynched this early in Day 1, though.

Why do you see Zyf as defending Martha?
NJAC
NJAC
He/His/Him
Mafia Scum
NJAC
He/His/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He/His/Him

Post Post #327 (ISO) » Thu Sep 08, 2016 3:59 am

Post by NJAC »

In post 296, Thor665 wrote:Zyf assuredly counts as defense, and Loop was defending her also.
It's also a duck of a question, you're acting like lack of defense equates to town (which is already a shaky reality, for example, I've defended Hark, I'm town, so it has no bearing on him being scum - ergo the tell is empty) and then choosing to rule out yourself and others without actually clarifying how much defense is needed.
Zyf put her at L-1, he didn't resist the wagon. Period. Surely I can see Martha's wagon was not that hard to defend, so why at least one of her supposed scum partners wouldn't try to release some pression on that wagon?

I don't say lack of defense equates to town every time, but in this specific game, given the way that wagon formed, I'm leaning to think she's town. Ergo the tell is not empty, because is not a generalization but rather a specifc tell on how things happened in this specific game.

Why are you even talking about how much defense is needed? It's not like there's a number or something. It obviously depends on context. It may happen that there's no defense at all, and still get a scum flip.

So, no, I'm not basing my read on that slot only on the lack of defense towards his wagon, but also on her reaction, with seems to me like genuine frustrated newbtown.
In post 296, Thor665 wrote:Who are the scum, and what makes them scum?
Still working on it. As I said I need to reread, but my focus is in {Thor, Harko, BBT, Naru, Io}.
In post 296, Thor665 wrote:Well...for starters, byher own admission she wasn't new.
But even if she was new (which is factually untrue) what prevents her from being frustrated newbscum in your eyes?
Really want an answer here.
She said she was an alt, she said she played in another site. I still think she's new to the standards of this site. I've seen this kind of frustration from newbtown before.

I might obviously be wrong and maybe that slot is scum, but my stance for now is that she's town. In fact texcat posts also feel town.
Loopdan
Loopdan
Mafia Scum
Loopdan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #328 (ISO) » Thu Sep 08, 2016 4:00 am

Post by Loopdan »

@Zyf -- Do you still think texcat is scum? If so, why did 318 outweigh your texcat read enough to move your vote?
NJAC
NJAC
He/His/Him
Mafia Scum
NJAC
He/His/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #329 (ISO) » Thu Sep 08, 2016 4:06 am

Post by NJAC »

In post 327, NJAC wrote:why at least one of her supposed scum partners wouldn't try to release some
pression
on that wagon?
EBWOP: why at least one of her supposed scum partners wouldn't try to release some
pressure
on that wagon?
NJAC
NJAC
He/His/Him
Mafia Scum
NJAC
He/His/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #330 (ISO) » Thu Sep 08, 2016 4:10 am

Post by NJAC »

More later...
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #331 (ISO) » Thu Sep 08, 2016 5:04 am

Post by Thor665 »

In post 317, karnos wrote:I shouldn't have to explain this, but anyway:

texcat is town:
Scum lolhammers, gets lynched tomorrow- A+ result.
Scum realizes the "trap", doesn't lolhammer, texcat doesn't get lynched: A+ result.

texcat is scum:
I don't really want to unvote anyway.

Basically, it would be fine and nice if scum quick-hammers and gets caught, but if they don't than it means town!texcat has nothing to worry about. Not really a terrible result either way.
:neutral:
In post 326, Loopdan wrote:
I haven't defended Martha
. In fact, I've said that I think Martha looked a bit scummy.
I did express concern over her being speed-lynched this early in Day 1
, though.

Why do you see Zyf as defending Martha?
Bold answers bold.

Here is Zyf defending Martha.
http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.ph ... 6#p8311836
Took me like two seconds in his iso.
There are more.
In post 327, NJAC wrote:Zyf put her at L-1, he didn't resist the wagon. Period.
Yes, he did put her at L-1, he also did defend her wagon - period.
Already gave one link to Loop, here's another one for you
http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.ph ... 2#p8311882

And, just like I told Loop, there are more.
What game are you reading? Zyf has continually danced around his opinion on that wagon. I can see thinking he is for it - but if you can seethat, then you also have to see that he is against it, because the reality is that he's flopping on it (reference Io's case on him - another player other than me able to spot the crazy concept that he is doing exactly what I'm saying)
Period? :lol:
In post 327, NJAC wrote:Surely I can see Martha's wagon was not that hard to defend, so why at least one of her supposed scum partners wouldn't try to release some pression on that wagon?
This is a repeating of your original point - which I have responded to with a list of defenders that you're now debating.
In post 327, NJAC wrote:Why are you even talking about how much defense is needed? It's not like there's a number or something. It obviously depends on context. It may happen that there's no defense at all, and still get a scum flip.
I agree.
What makes this specific lack of defense towny as opposed to NAI?
In post 327, NJAC wrote:She said she was an alt, she said she played in another site. I still think she's new to the standards of this site. I've seen this kind of frustration from newbtown before.

I might obviously be wrong and maybe that slot is scum, but my stance for now is that she's town. In fact texcat posts also feel town.
:neutral:
What has texcat done that is alignment indicative to you? He's straight null on his own in my world.
Also, it's awkward as heck that you're straddling the fence of "she's not newb, but reacted newb, and thus my read is valid even if she claimed not newb" and is also a pretty aggressive dodge of why her newb is town newb as opposed to scum newb - which you haven't addressed.
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Protection unnecessary

Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #332 (ISO) » Thu Sep 08, 2016 5:40 am

Post by Save The Dragons »

The
Another day another vote count
Vote Count

5 texcat (Thor665, Narurider, karnos, BlueBloodedToffee, Io)

2 Zyf (NJAC, Loopdan)
1 Narurider (Dunnstral)
1 karnos (Penguin Power)
1 Not_Mafia (Harkonnen97)
1 Penguin Power (Zyf)
1 BlueBloodedToffee (texcat)

Not Voting: Not_Mafia

With 13 alive, it takes 7 to lynch.

Day ends:
(expired on 2016-09-21 04:08:06)
Last edited by Save The Dragons on Fri Sep 09, 2016 7:55 am, edited 2 times in total.
Zyf
Zyf
Mafia Scum
Zyf
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #333 (ISO) » Thu Sep 08, 2016 6:19 am

Post by Zyf »

I also agree with the statement that I am flip-flopping
however, I do not consider that indicative of anything especially since I do it all the time
I'm sure the next time I get a scum PM I'll still flip-flop because it's just the way I play

Io
Io
Mafia Scum
Io
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #334 (ISO) » Thu Sep 08, 2016 6:31 am

Post by Io »

VOTE: Hark
I'm going to jump off the wagon for a bit and push some other scum.
Looking back at the Naru v Hark. Pretty sure that is TvS, notably Hark would be the scum.

fisrt 67 is a pointless question, and 95 is a horrible follow up because it's not even a logics conclusion if you looked at Naru's ISO up to that point as she did push Hark and Martha as scum. It's blaitent pulling stuff out of his ass.
Then there is his whole calling Martha a VI and trying to say they could still be scum but are just an idiot which isn't really a reason to unvote. I mean he occult just had a weird interpretation of VI but his reason for moving her to null because she is a VI in his eyes is not really a real reason. It looks almost like he is subtly trying to take the more than his fair share of the cake to be honest.
It is also a little weird how he called her a VI when the wagon he started was gaining a bit of traction, and from what I've seen voting scum partners first in RVS is decently common.
Io
Io
Mafia Scum
Io
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #335 (ISO) » Thu Sep 08, 2016 6:43 am

Post by Io »

Sorry I was leaving as I typed that last post.
I had one last point.
This post:
In post 34, Harkonnen97 wrote:Zyf, you should distance your scumbuddy Martha by revoting her again. It will give you towncred when she flips scum.
It's pretty casual calling Martha scum (before the VI incident) and this just looks really scummy with how I was talking about in my last post with his interactions with Martha.
Pretty sure he is scum, but not sure if it's a red herring post trying to incriminate a townie alongside a bus partner (as is if he is trying to frame Zxf and Martha is scum), a double bus on both partners (which I find a little unlilely), or if he would be scum just throwing 2 slightly scummy names out to draw attention to them and push 2 mislynches at once.
It looks like he is probably trying to frame Zxf and save Martha at the same time now that he's pushing Zxf and not Martha anymore.

So with that being said I admit I am wrong and Zxf is probably a townie who is just having a hard time.
Harkonnen97
Harkonnen97
Mafia Scum
Harkonnen97
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #336 (ISO) » Thu Sep 08, 2016 6:51 am

Post by Harkonnen97 »

k
Loopdan
Loopdan
Mafia Scum
Loopdan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #337 (ISO) » Thu Sep 08, 2016 8:08 am

Post by Loopdan »

@Thor-- I was reading "defending" as "thinks Martha is town." I now get that isn't what you meant by it. Yes, I didn't want Martha lynched so quickly. But I don't see it as a very town slot (but a bit more so after the replace).

@Hark-- I'd like to hear your thought process on how your reads on Zyf and Martha have progressed since game start.
Loopdan
Loopdan
Mafia Scum
Loopdan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #338 (ISO) » Thu Sep 08, 2016 8:12 am

Post by Loopdan »

Zyf, did you miss this?
In post 328, Loopdan wrote:@Zyf -- Do you still think texcat is scum? If so, why did 318 outweigh your texcat read enough to move your vote?
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #339 (ISO) » Thu Sep 08, 2016 9:00 am

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 297, Zyf wrote:there is little difference between a wall and a long list of responses for me in terms of having to scroll for ages just to respond to the 1 part i need to respond to

but that's irrelevant so let's stop now

I am thoroughly confused as to who's scummy at this point other than martha, anyone have something to convince me?
VOTE: texcat

L-1 and I will come to your house and kick you in the shin if you lolhammer I swear
If you don't want someone lynched, don't put them to l-1
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #340 (ISO) » Thu Sep 08, 2016 9:01 am

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 304, karnos wrote:As I was reading through the last 7 pages, I was starting to think I should unvote Matha. Some of her major "scum tell" posts were just a symptom of writing in a second language, IMO. But now that we have a texcat, I would like to keep the pressure on and see what comes of it.

If this is a wagon on town, maybe some scum will get greedy and go for the hammer. I'd gladly sacrifice a town today if it means we have a free scum lynch tomorrow. OTOH, the slot might be scum.

Either way, I'm fine with holding my vote as it is.
In post 308, karnos wrote:
In post 305, texcat wrote: No need to actually scum hunt. Is that it?
Why expend all my energy running around trying to catch a scum when I might already have one right in front of me?

texcat is town:
Scum realizes the "trap", doesn't lolhammer, texcat doesn't get lynched: A+ result.

texcat is scum:

Basically, it would be fine and nice if scum quick-hammers and gets caught, but if they don't than it means town!texcat has nothing to worry about. Not really a terrible result either way.
This doesn't look like town

Zyf
Zyf
Mafia Scum
Zyf
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #341 (ISO) » Thu Sep 08, 2016 9:44 am

Post by Zyf »

In post 335, Io wrote:Sorry I was leaving as I typed that last post.
I had one last point.
This post:
In post 34, Harkonnen97 wrote:Zyf, you should distance your scumbuddy Martha by revoting her again. It will give you towncred when she flips scum.
It's pretty casual calling Martha scum (before the VI incident) and this just looks really scummy with how I was talking about in my last post with his interactions with Martha.
Pretty sure he is scum, but not sure if it's a red herring post trying to incriminate a townie alongside a bus partner (as is if he is trying to frame Zxf and Martha is scum), a double bus on both partners (which I find a little unlilely), or if he would be scum just throwing 2 slightly scummy names out to draw attention to them and push 2 mislynches at once.
It looks like he is probably trying to frame Zxf and save Martha at the same time now that he's pushing Zxf and not Martha anymore.

So with that being said I admit I am wrong and Zxf is probably a townie who is just having a hard time.
You know what gives me a REAL hard time?
When people can't type 3 LETTERS correctly
multiple times

it's not that hard like pls "Z Y F"

that being said, considering their response to my bait-push on Martha post-claim, (not half as aggressive as I expected it to be coming from scum) I'm not sure that I agree they're scummy, though I agree with the stuff before being odd.

That being said, you did the same thing soooo

Zyf
Zyf
Mafia Scum
Zyf
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #342 (ISO) » Thu Sep 08, 2016 9:45 am

Post by Zyf »

In post 340, Dunnstral wrote:
In post 304, karnos wrote:As I was reading through the last 7 pages, I was starting to think I should unvote Matha. Some of her major "scum tell" posts were just a symptom of writing in a second language, IMO. But now that we have a texcat, I would like to keep the pressure on and see what comes of it.

If this is a wagon on town, maybe some scum will get greedy and go for the hammer. I'd gladly sacrifice a town today if it means we have a free scum lynch tomorrow. OTOH, the slot might be scum.

Either way, I'm fine with holding my vote as it is.
In post 308, karnos wrote:
In post 305, texcat wrote: No need to actually scum hunt. Is that it?
Why expend all my energy running around trying to catch a scum when I might already have one right in front of me?

texcat is town:

texcat is scum:

This doesn't look like town

in response to the last post that I'm not going to quote: I'd like the pressure to get texcat to either slip up or actually do something properly AI

Zyf
Zyf
Mafia Scum
Zyf
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #343 (ISO) » Thu Sep 08, 2016 9:46 am

Post by Zyf »

in response to the post i accidentally didn't post my whole response to:
I feel like karnos is to brazen about it to actually constitute scum. IDK, may change my mind later, but not until there's a flip.

Zyf
Zyf
Mafia Scum
Zyf
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #344 (ISO) » Thu Sep 08, 2016 9:49 am

Post by Zyf »

In post 338, Loopdan wrote:Zyf, did you miss this?
In post 328, Loopdan wrote:@Zyf -- Do you still think texcat is scum? If so, why did 318 outweigh your texcat read enough to move your vote?
Oh shoot, whoops, my bad.

I'd rather not interpret a replace-out as indicative of alignment, but as of right now, they're nullscummy until they do something properly AI
in any case, there are other wagons to push to get more info out of that we can't do with textcat, and I don't want a lolhammer rn

Penguin's post is a serious problem because they are using dislike of a push to excuse a lack of activity, when if you think a push is bad it's the best time for you to be scumhunting with less bias.

Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #345 (ISO) » Thu Sep 08, 2016 10:11 am

Post by Thor665 »

In post 333, Zyf wrote:I also agree with the statement that I am flip-flopping
however, I do not consider that indicative of anything especially since I do it all the time
I'm sure the next time I get a scum PM I'll still flip-flop because it's just the way I play
The question is not that reality (except for NJAC) the question is whether your defense counts as theory defense of Martha and how that does or does not feed in to his stance about her wagon being town due to that.
For this discussion, your alignment is relatively meaningless unless she flips scum, and then for NJAC maybe you'd be a theory buddy.
In post 337, Loopdan wrote:But I don't see it as a very town slot (but a bit more so after the replace).
People keep saying this.
I'll repeat what I've been saying - his slot seems very null to me on its own, so I have no idea why he's changing any opinions.
Loopdan
Loopdan
Mafia Scum
Loopdan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #346 (ISO) » Thu Sep 08, 2016 10:24 am

Post by Loopdan »

@Zyf-- I wanted to know where you were with your texcat read because right before you moved your vote off of him, you were telling him (scum in your mind) that he shouldn't townread Thor so easily.

Why were you treating him like town if he is a scum-read? :igmeou:
In post 306, texcat wrote:
In post 303, Harkonnen97 wrote:Out of the people on your wagon, who is your biggest bet on being scum?
My vote is on BBT because I thought he was a better player than he's shown by his vote on Martha. I'm interested in seeing his reply. But Karnos now looks like a possibility. Or else he's really lazy town.
And I have a town read on Thor because he didn't have any problem communicating the case on me. He looks like he's actually scum hunting.
In post 307, Harkonnen97 wrote:I suggest you don't give Thor a free townread. Him looking like he is scumhunting is NAI for him.
In post 324, Zyf wrote:
In post 307, Harkonnen97 wrote:I suggest you don't give Thor a free townread. Him looking like he is scumhunting is NAI for him.
agree
PenguinPower
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
.peng
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #347 (ISO) » Thu Sep 08, 2016 11:12 am

Post by PenguinPower »

In post 344, Zyf wrote:
Penguin's post is a serious problem because they are using dislike of a push to excuse a lack of activity, when if you think a push is bad it's the best time for you to be scumhunting with less bias.
Comprehension isn't your strong suit, is it? I'm scumhunting just fine, and I'm pretty sure I've found one.
Io
Io
Mafia Scum
Io
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #348 (ISO) » Thu Sep 08, 2016 11:24 am

Post by Io »

In post 341, Zyf wrote:
In post 335, Io wrote:Sorry I was leaving as I typed that last post.
I had one last point.
This post:

You know what gives me a REAL hard time?
When people can't type 3 LETTERS correctly
multiple times
I thought it was an x and didn't feel like looking it up.
Zyf
Zyf
Mafia Scum
Zyf
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #349 (ISO) » Thu Sep 08, 2016 11:55 am

Post by Zyf »

In post 346, Loopdan wrote:@Zyf-- I wanted to know where you were with your texcat read because right before you moved your vote off of him, you were telling him (scum in your mind) that he shouldn't townread Thor so easily.

Why were you treating him like town if he is a scum-read? :igmeou:
In post 306, texcat wrote:
In post 303, Harkonnen97 wrote:Out of the people on your wagon, who is your biggest bet on being scum?
My vote is on BBT because I thought he was a better player than he's shown by his vote on Martha. I'm interested in seeing his reply. But Karnos now looks like a possibility. Or else he's really lazy town.
And I have a town read on Thor because he didn't have any problem communicating the case on me. He looks like he's actually scum hunting.
In post 324, Zyf wrote:
agree
I was just confirming the statement for general purposes
since IMO hark and I aren't scumbuddy-like

Return to “Completed Open Games”