SirCakez -
Gamma Emerald -
gigabyteTroubadour - [1] Elyse
Nachomamma8 - [1] SirCakez

Not Voting - [1] Gamma Emerald

With
alive it takes
to lynch!

Mod Notes - Happy Tuesday! Gamma Emerald replaced House!

Day 3 ends in (expired on 2016-10-29 13:25:43).
Last edited by UpTooLate on Tue Oct 18, 2016 12:39 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Get to know me!
Take care of those you call your own, and keep good company.
camn
camn
soundtracker
camn
soundtracker
soundtracker

Post Post #1451 (ISO) » Tue Oct 18, 2016 10:15 am

Post by camn »

Don't play coy with me, nacho. You know as well as I do that scum 101 is to keep everyone on the table.

Ranmaru: you are really saying I buddy my partner like crazy the entire game?
"if you weren't trying to be so unnecessarily mysterious all the time we wouldn't have these misunderstandings" - Yosarian2
Ranmaru
Ranmaru
Jack of All Trades
Ranmaru
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1452 (ISO) » Tue Oct 18, 2016 10:16 am

Post by Ranmaru »

Yes I am.
Ranmaru
Ranmaru
Jack of All Trades
Ranmaru
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1453 (ISO) » Tue Oct 18, 2016 10:19 am

Post by Ranmaru »

More Camn votes please.
dramonic
dramonic
Survivor
dramonic
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1454 (ISO) » Tue Oct 18, 2016 10:26 am

Post by dramonic »

In post 1435, Gamma Emerald wrote:OK looking though a few ISOs I see SirCakez is cop, camn is doc. Are there any other claims? Also, what is the case on Elyse and Dramonic?
Camn didn't claim doc, she's just posturing.
In post 1453, Ranmaru wrote:More Camn votes please.
k.
vote: camn
I'm a hoot
Stream: twitch.tv/dramonic
-If you stick your ear close enough to the game thread you can actually hear dram suffer in real life.-Beeboy
-Being obtuse is not a consequence of being a mod, it's a prerequisite. I think you may just have overestimated my intelligence before.-Korts
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #1455 (ISO) » Tue Oct 18, 2016 10:38 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 1451, camn wrote:Don't play coy with me, nacho. You know as well as I do that scum 101 is to keep everyone on the table.
Scum 101 is to make some townfriends that won't lynch you, mislynch the low hanging fruit that isn't your partner, and then feed into your townfriend's paranoia in order to make it the rest of the distance. Scum 101 is not to push a case on a player, reanalyze, back off, push someone else, reanalyze, back off, push someone else; it's too much work and scum try to avoid flipflopping so publicly. I also don't think he'd be this comfortable playing as scum right now; we were scumbuds in an off-site game while this one was going on and his play there looks absolutely nothing like his play here.
"Playing with Nacho is like playing with a religious conservative." ~UncertainKitten

-- Fate, Vanilla Townie, was brutally stabbed by a throwing sword in endgame.
dramonic
dramonic
Survivor
dramonic
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1456 (ISO) » Tue Oct 18, 2016 10:39 am

Post by dramonic »

In post 1455, Nachomamma8 wrote:mislynch the low hanging fruit
*coughhypocriticalcough*
I'm a hoot
-If you stick your ear close enough to the game thread you can actually hear dram suffer in real life.-Beeboy
-Being obtuse is not a consequence of being a mod, it's a prerequisite. I think you may just have overestimated my intelligence before.-Korts
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #1457 (ISO) » Tue Oct 18, 2016 10:43 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

note the use of the word "mislynch"
"Playing with Nacho is like playing with a religious conservative." ~UncertainKitten

dramonic
dramonic
Survivor
dramonic
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1458 (ISO) » Tue Oct 18, 2016 10:46 am

Post by dramonic »

Oh it's definitely noted.
I'm a hoot
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #1459 (ISO) » Tue Oct 18, 2016 10:46 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

okay well note it again except not that that smug/snarky way

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #1460 (ISO) » Tue Oct 18, 2016 11:19 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 1427, Ranmaru wrote:She put Giga on the shortlist for culling on something that seemed legitimate, but only because Postie seemed like she had a problem with, she along with it.
A couple of problems with this.
First, this happened on page 1. If you are factoring anything that happened on page 1 into your overall read you need to take a step back and let it go because that shit doesn't matter anymore.
Second, you are criticizing camn for agreeing with Postie's reasoning. As an isolated event, this is a useless tell; people play different ways and agreeing with someone is not an inherently scummy action.
In post 1427, Ranmaru wrote:She stated she was giving you a D1 pass yet she threw that away and was fine with joining your wagon.
This is a contradiction, yes. But is it scummy?
Camn said that I am someone that she would generally extend a day 1 pass to. Have you ever extended people Day 1 passes before? The general idea behind it is that the players you are giving the pass two are strong enough where the potential of what they can do for town (scumhunting, kill drawing potential, etc) is too large to risk lynching them Day 1 except under some pretty wacky circumstances. Now, if camn was reading me scum and was bothered by my opening as she said she was, how exactly is she supposed to react? Is she not supposed to question my actions at all? If her scumhunting style is typically pushing people and getting a bead on their reactions, does that mean the townie thing to do is completely ignore her feelings on me because she publicly stated that she was giving me a free pass?
In post 1427, Ranmaru wrote:Her #407 shows her trying to shade House when she has been budding him earlier.
I don't understand why you can't have suspicions on someone who you are buddying up to as town, which seems to be the meat of your point here. Could you explain your thought process for me here?
In post 1427, Ranmaru wrote:Her votes were on lynchbait, and I think scum would prefer those over others as it's easier to target them then others who have seemed townier.
1) I'm not lynchbait.
2) What pushes from her on low-hanging fruit do you feel weren't genuine? I don't feel like pushing on someone because of their targets is good enough; sometimes townies suspect lynchbait and sometimes townies defend scum. What pushes has she made here that you don't think she would make as town and why?
In post 1427, Ranmaru wrote:Her claiming PGO reeks of scum who wants to have a reason for staying alive for the night when she's been yelling that she'd be nk'd.
Do you really think that scum!camn thought that people expected her to die N1 so powerfully that she decided she needed to fake a PGO role that would explain her surviving one night? I don't think most players expect to be questioned after surviving one night. I don't think any players expect to be questioned after surviving one night.

SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1461 (ISO) » Tue Oct 18, 2016 11:25 am

Post by SirCakez »

In post 1435, Gamma Emerald wrote:OK looking though a few ISOs I see SirCakez is cop, camn is doc. Are there any other claims? Also, what is the case on Elyse and Dramonic?
I didn't claim cop, Camn was fakeclaiming. She is bulletproof of some sorts though.
Nacho has a bs Elyse case even though Kraska tunneled her extensively and doesn't like to bus. Nacho is probably scum.
Dramonic is just your standard lurker wagon.
In post 1445, Ranmaru wrote:I am not willing to wagon Nacho anymore.
Why not?

Camn if you're town you need to be convincing me
Brian Skies - "
I just wanna say Cakez is an evil mod and this is an evil setup.
"

--------------------
Get to know a Cakez!
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #1462 (ISO) » Tue Oct 18, 2016 11:43 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 1436, Ranmaru wrote:I read my #912 and was reminded that Kraska never actually responded to Elyse's second question. That gives Elyse town points.
Could you explain how scum not responding to someone's question means that they can't be scum together or why it is less likely?
In post 1436, Ranmaru wrote:Nacho still has the concern of asking Kraska a question and concluding it after 50 posts.
What? Is your implication here that every question has to go somewhere?
In post 1436, Ranmaru wrote:Kraska added her vote to a failing wagon, but she has been pressing on Elyse for quite a bit.
Kraska parroted my points and went "vote Elyse with me!". This is not significant action to push a lynch.
In post 1436, Ranmaru wrote:I think Elyse gave good points in her #1367.
I need you to break this down for me. What compelling points has Elyse given, exactly?
Is it when she spun the narrative to make it look like Kraska pushed her to L-1? She implied that kraska was the one who pushed her wagon when it reality the votes that swung the momentum were Postie's/SpyreX's/Zito's and kraska had absolutely nothing to do with it.
Was it her very compelling argument of "why would kraska distance when kraska could push a townie"? The point of distancing is to set up for town cred down the road. The point of lynching a townie is to move closer to your goal in the short term.
Was it that "kraska really meant to push my wagon through"? Kraska asked people to vote Elyse and Kraska agreed with my points. Kraska did this a lot, but Kraska's push was not any more advanced than that. I have no doubt that Kraska wanted to look like she wanted Elyse's wagon to go through when the Postie/SpyreX/Zito triumvirate pushed her; it'd be a shame to waste all of that good distancing by backing off the second the scumbuddy you were pushing gets in trouble.
Was it her argument that scumbuddies only distance with original reasoning because they want distancing to look good? Hint: there is no motivation to make a bad case. As scum, you want good arguments on townies so it doesn't look as bad when you lynch them. As scum, you want good arguments on buddies so it looks better when you lynch them.
Her argument for me being scum with kraska makes no sense; I didn't need support.
Let's look at initial reactions to after I voted Elyse:
Spoiler:
In post 327, SirCakez wrote:Your AtE is not convincing
In post 331, SpyreX wrote:That hellfire wasnt hellfirey enough but this wagon makes me sad.
In post 332, House wrote:I kinda like Nacho's responses, tbh.
In post 333, Postie wrote:
In post 326, Nachomamma8 wrote:I'm not really buying that Elyse as town would stretch quite that much
I really wish I could agree with you.
In post 338, kraska77 wrote:
In post 336, Postie wrote: makes me want to both scumread Elyse for how fake it sounds and townread her for how ballsy the push is.
Yeah same her push seems unconditionally strong considering the gamestate
I was iffy on nacho But that last post on elyse was bad...it just seems really weak, like "here, have a vote"
In post 339, Papa Zito wrote:Elyse's case was a pile of crap and Nacho tore it to shreds. More interesting is Elyse refuses to back down afterwards.

well met

I am entreating the blood gods for a miracle vig. Please oh miracle vig deliver us the dead bodies, amen.

The only people who didn't like my responses to Elyse were A) Cakez, who has been tunneling me all game and B) Kraska herself. Funny how if Kraska thought that I needed support that she would immediately throw shade on my response to Elyse after a few townies gave their endorsement of it, right? Also notice how kraska only started supporting my case after it got a positive response and people still didn't end up following it; Elyse paints the picture of Kraska saving a scumbuddy in trouble but that's not at all like it went down (she also implies I was getting heat at that stage; when kraska voted me, it was far beyond that point).

Or is it the part where she thinks I'm trying to avoid responsibility for lynching her by not voting her?
Was that the part that swayed you?

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #1463 (ISO) » Tue Oct 18, 2016 11:44 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 1436, Ranmaru wrote:so why focus on Elyse to give more reads than nacho and not the other way around as well?
"hey what are your reads other than nacho?" is a very very easy way for scum to tell their partner to talk about reads on people other than nacho because the nacho tunnel is not going so well.

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #1464 (ISO) » Tue Oct 18, 2016 11:45 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

i don't see how that was an unreasonable question from kraska though; what were Elyse's reads at the time she made that post? can you name any other than me?

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #1465 (ISO) » Tue Oct 18, 2016 11:50 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 1437, Ranmaru wrote:simply because scum don't 'need to' distance on page 3 doesn't mean they won't do it.
I don't know why you brought distancing between scumpartners up when that wasn't the subject of discussion at all. Elyse's argument was that my initial push on kraska was so terrible that I had to distance myself from it. That was a bullshit argument.
In post 1437, Ranmaru wrote:If they were both scum I would expect their interaction to be calculated, and finished.
And this is just a weird expectation. This just reads like you
feel
scum finish their interactions and don't really have anything beyond that which is lame.
In post 1437, Ranmaru wrote:Nacho did seem like he had an awkward interaction with Kraska, and never concluded it until 50 posts later.
I asked a question. I don't give in thread conclusions with every question. The only reason it became a big deal in the first place is because Cakez and others threw such a big shitfit over it.

Ranmaru
Ranmaru
Jack of All Trades
Ranmaru
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1466 (ISO) » Tue Oct 18, 2016 11:52 am

Post by Ranmaru »

@
Sir Cakes
: Because I'm more confident on Camn/Gamma today. Think it's possible Elyse v Nacho is TvT?
@
Nacho
: Did you consider that Elyse v You could be TvT? Did you consider that Kraska was focusing on Elyse!town and you!town as town to spread misinformation?

I'll get to your responses in a bit.
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #1467 (ISO) » Tue Oct 18, 2016 11:56 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 1466, Ranmaru wrote:@Sir Cakes: Because I'm more confident on Camn/Gamma today. Think it's possible Elyse v Nacho is TvT?
you haven't been reading sir cakez's posts have you

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #1468 (ISO) » Tue Oct 18, 2016 11:58 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 1466, Ranmaru wrote:@Nacho: Did you consider that Elyse v You could be TvT? Did you consider that Kraska was focusing on Elyse!town and you!town as town to spread misinformation?
I've considered worlds where Elyse is town but Kraska doesn't really have anything to do with it.

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #1469 (ISO) » Tue Oct 18, 2016 12:01 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

Your case on House seemed to be "House sheeped a lot".
I don't deny that it would be cool if he did his own thing ever but sheeping isn't exactly a scumtell.

camn
camn
soundtracker
camn
soundtracker
soundtracker

Post Post #1470 (ISO) » Tue Oct 18, 2016 12:03 pm

Post by camn »

I'll try Cakez... Let's start here: by your own logic, kraska tried pretty hard to get me lynched... And he doesn't like to bus?

Fyi everyone... I fly back to Asia 30 hours from now. So I'll be a little disjointed until then. But I'm still here.

I am gonna half claim alright now, just for grins..and to add to the fun.
I'm loved, and will take 6 to lynch.
"if you weren't trying to be so unnecessarily mysterious all the time we wouldn't have these misunderstandings" - Yosarian2
Ranmaru
Ranmaru
Jack of All Trades
Ranmaru
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1471 (ISO) » Tue Oct 18, 2016 12:06 pm

Post by Ranmaru »

Nacho - On Camn
:

1. Anything is game, I disagree with this. Everyone has their role pm's before the game starts and it influences their actions even in early game. My point is it was jumpy.

2. A day 1 pass means you give a person a pass regardless to see what they produce on the next day. If it was only on the condition the player is null the whole time you'd give them a pass anyway since you don't find them town or scummy. I don't think your wagon was good enough for her to reconsider the D1 pass. There's a reason she would give you a D1 pass and going back on it defeats that reason. Proposing the D1 pass doesn't seem genuine in the first place, due to defeating that purpose.

3. At the time it seemed like buddying to setup House. She was never trying to determine House's alignment, and the posts about his 'internal dissonance' seem more like distancing now that House's slot has shown it self to be scum. Buddying is null but if you do it without trying to determine a person's alignment, it's suspicious.

4. Not you, I was talking about Spicy and then Hiplop at the time. Her push on me. Notice how she's having a hard time responding to you now. She's only pushing me because she's in danger of death. What do you think of her response to your flip flopping point? What do you think of her lack of response to your meta/re-analyzing point?

5. Yes. Why fake claim PGO in the first place then?
Ranmaru
Ranmaru
Jack of All Trades
Ranmaru
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1472 (ISO) » Tue Oct 18, 2016 12:07 pm

Post by Ranmaru »

In post 1469, Nachomamma8 wrote:Your case on House seemed to be "House sheeped a lot".
I don't deny that it would be cool if he did his own thing ever but sheeping isn't exactly a scumtell.
That's quite the watered down version of what I was saying, man. :?
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #1473 (ISO) » Tue Oct 18, 2016 12:10 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

hey camn before you go to asia vote elyse with me

Vote: Elyse

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #1474 (ISO) » Tue Oct 18, 2016 12:11 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 1472, Ranmaru wrote:
In post 1469, Nachomamma8 wrote:Your case on House seemed to be "House sheeped a lot".
That's quite the watered down version of what I was saying, man. :?
but that's essentially what you're saying, right?
house sheeped constantly. and when he wasn't sheeping, he was making easy votes.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”