Micro 657: Vanillite Mafia (Game Over!)

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Aeronaut
Aeronaut
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Aeronaut
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #200 (ISO) » Fri Nov 11, 2016 7:36 pm

Post by Aeronaut »

In post 192, Dark Horse wrote:Shannon's 105 did very little to generate discussion, as evidenced by the fact that
literally no one discussed
it until Aeronaut brought it up now.
And here you are, now following what Postie is doing just like you were following my read of algebra.
Compare that to my push on shannon, which actually generated discussion.
... no it didn't. You're "push" on shannon to which you later admitted was just because you didn't feel good about one single post and had no real reasoning as to why; please point out any place where that generated any sort of discussion, because the only discussion I see that it created was me realizing you're likely scum this game.
In post 193, Dark Horse wrote:Plus complaining about activity in the thread but not doing anything else does nothing to encourage activity. I honestly have no idea how you think that shannon has contributed the most to this game
Please lay out a case for why she is scum. Also, can you tell me why you decided Algebra was more deserving of your vote than her when you switched? Thanks.
In post 194, Postie wrote:
In post 187, Aeronaut wrote:Specifically I'd say 45, 60, 77, 113
This still has nothing to do with 105.
...I know. I never said it did? These are posts that are about her activity, not 105. What are you talking about?
(And in all of those posts except the last one she doesn't engage with any player, instead complaining about the lack of content while not producing any useful content herself. Jfc.)
Ok, but in most of her posting, she seems to be very genuine to me, just as you somehow think that the handful of shitposts that Algebra calls an ISO is somehow genuine. AGAIN, she could have very easily been much less active and allowing the game the die instead of continually posting.
In post 187, Aeronaut wrote:That's your opinion, Postie. Join dates mean a lot to most of us on-site. New players follow the same patterns almost every time. You don't have to believe me, but we're not lynching Shannon today. Or TB for that matter.
You don't magically get better if you sign-up and don't play any games, just because a certain amount of time has elapsed. Join dates would only mean something if they indicated how much experience someone has, which they don't; that's what their player title does, since it's a reflection of how many posts they've made in games.
Ok, I actually did not know that our player titles changed without the use of the title fairy. As far as I'm concerned, they're both new. Your argument on Dark Horse still doesn't make any sense regardless.
In post 187, Aeronaut wrote:His tunneling on shannon to look busy, and the reasoning was so paper thin there anyway. He refused to give any sort of reads and just knee jerk attacked me when I gave a lick of pressure. I'm sorry, but he's screaming scum to me. Saying "Oh he's bold and brazen and scum don't do that" is just factually untrue.
I don't care how shaky his reads or reasoning were, the point is that he was committed to them and willing to charge headfirst into attacking shit and make himself the center of attention (didn't you townread shannon for that?), despite the heat he got for it. I'd expect scum!DH to be far more cautious, especially considering he doesn't have a huge amount of experience on the site yet (and no, that's not me making an argument based off his player title; it simply strengthens my point).
What? So shaky reads don't matter...? ok, well can you show me where at all he "committed" to them? The point i'm trying to get across to you is that he
didn't
commit to them. He had exactly one read he was pushing very hard, which was Shannon. He went with the "X is scum, vote them please" without reasoning early game schtick that almost always comes from scum. He seemed very sure of this read but then cited like ONE LINE OF ONE POST and said "oh this sounded too cautious" which is absolute bullshit.

The point is, though, that he IMMEDIATELY backtracked. As soon as the shannon wagon goes nowhere, he immediately backtracked and was like yeah I can get behind Algebra and just jumped on there. He hasn't really pushed her much after that. Not to mention, when you showed up Postie and voted ThinkBig, he immediately 180'd his townread on him and immediately started showing shade on him and calling him scum. If anything, Dark Horse is going with the flow as much as possible.
2023 W/L | 1-0
Aeronaut
Aeronaut
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Aeronaut
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #201 (ISO) » Fri Nov 11, 2016 7:55 pm

Post by Aeronaut »

In post 195, Postie wrote:
In post 189, shannon wrote:@Postie are you scum reading Aeronaut?
In post 189, shannon wrote:What on Earth were the past few pages about then? The only thing I can come up with is that you are scum reading Aero and think that his read on me is fake. Is that what's going on?
Bingo.
Oh wow who could have guessed
In post 196, Postie wrote:
In post 174, Aeronaut wrote:And I'm not getting any sort of brazen or ballsy from his posts. What he's done today is tunnel Shannon for what seemed like little to no reason, and then gave us one of the thinnest lines of reasonings possible (see 89). And then he backpedalled and basically jumped on the next viable wagon which was algebra
To address your "I don't see how he's being ballsy":
1) Putting someone to L-1 early and without warning is ballsy for newbscum
Oh, jeeze, no it's not. 9/10 times, scum, especially new scum will put a player at L-1 because again, all they really know is that they need to end the day sooner rather than later. It's ballsy for newtown, because new town are almost always concerned with getting as much conversation as possible. New players don't usually have the capacity to fake that, so they instead vie for raising the lynch ASAP.
2) His tone in general is consistently aggressive - see posts like , , , , etc.
Ok, here's my problem with it though; save 44, all of those "aggressive tones" are being used only when he has to defend himself from me or someone else. Hardly ever is he being aggressive to push a player in those posts, it's just that he gets flustered and very angry when you start accusing him of things, which too reads as awfully scummy to me.

He has shown no aggression in trying to push other people, and still just jumps on whoever the bigger players (e.g. you and I) are voting. See his vote on Algebra, see his shade on Thinkbig, directly after each of us started moving that way. There's no actual original reads that he has besides those two town reads that he's since 180'd on anyway, and shannon who he's not pushing.
In post 197, Postie wrote:Oh yeah and I spotted this on my first readthrough but forgot about it:
In post 87, Dark Horse wrote:There you go, I was wondering how long it was going to take for you to come out and actually say that I'm scum.
I don't have the words to explain it right now but this statement screams town to me.
.... I mean you took about 15 posts of throwing shade at me to admit that you find me scummy, so this is kind of a double standard.
2023 W/L | 1-0
Aeronaut
Aeronaut
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Aeronaut
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #202 (ISO) » Fri Nov 11, 2016 7:56 pm

Post by Aeronaut »

I would like to hear more from creature's slot before the day is through.
2023 W/L | 1-0
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky

Post Post #203 (ISO) » Fri Nov 11, 2016 8:06 pm

Post by Aristophanes »

Wyvernite replaces Creature effective immediately!

Please welcome our new friend! :)

I'll update a VC tomorrow at some point.
Half meme, Half real, All Aristophanes ;)
- Jingle
Ari has appeared way too competent for me to even pretend to know what they're thinking
- MooseEatsBear on discord mafia
it wouldn’t be an ari sig unless it takes up half the screen on mobile - Vonflare
Postie
Postie
Any/all
Jack of All Trades

Postie
Any/all
Jack of All Trades

Jack of All Trades

Pronoun: Any/all

Post Post #204 (ISO) » Fri Nov 11, 2016 8:26 pm

Post by Postie »

Hi Wyvernite!
Discourse is fleeting, but junk mail is forever.
Postie
Postie
Any/all
Jack of All Trades

Postie
Any/all
Jack of All Trades

Jack of All Trades

Post Post #205 (ISO) » Fri Nov 11, 2016 8:26 pm

Post by Postie »

In post 200, Aeronaut wrote:...I know. I never said it did? These are posts that are about her activity, not 105. What are you talking about?
When I asked where she was encouraging discussion, I meant in post 105, because you said you liked it for encouraging discussion.
In post 200, Aeronaut wrote:Ok, but in most of her posting, she seems to be very genuine to me, just as you somehow think that the handful of shitposts that Algebra calls an ISO is somehow genuine.
That doesn't mean much to me unless you explain
why
she sounds genuine. I can explain why algebra sounds genuine, but I want to focus on sorting you and getting your DH read straightened out.
In post 200, Aeronaut wrote:AGAIN, she could have very easily been much less active and allowing the game the die instead of continually posting.
Sure, but posting nothing of significant value isn't really much better and could easily be scum busywork.
In post 200, Aeronaut wrote:As far as I'm concerned, they're both new.
Someone with 1000+ posts and 7 completed games is not a newbie!
In post 200, Aeronaut wrote:What? So shaky reads don't matter...? ok, well can you show me where at all he "committed" to them? The point i'm trying to get across to you is that he
didn't
commit to them. He had exactly one read he was pushing very hard, which was Shannon. He went with the "X is scum, vote them please" without reasoning early game schtick that almost always comes from scum. He seemed very sure of this read but then cited like ONE LINE OF ONE POST and said "oh this sounded too cautious" which is absolute bullshit.

The point is, though, that he IMMEDIATELY backtracked. As soon as the shannon wagon goes nowhere, he immediately backtracked and was like yeah I can get behind Algebra and just jumped on there. He hasn't really pushed her much after that. Not to mention, when you showed up Postie and voted ThinkBig, he immediately 180'd his townread on him and immediately started showing shade on him and calling him scum. If anything, Dark Horse is going with the flow as much as possible.
He committed to to his stances in the moment, even if he didn't do so in the long term. I'll look into how his reads evolved a bit more though. Meanwhile, I'd like your thoughts on .
Wyvernite
Wyvernite
Goon
Wyvernite
Goon
Goon

Post Post #206 (ISO) » Fri Nov 11, 2016 8:50 pm

Post by Wyvernite »

okay so wow reading all of this is painful, everything is just one or two lines. I really don't like that 90% of dissucssion between pages 6-9 are just postie/aero talking back and forth. I'm not entirely sure what to think about this interaction though. There's been quite a dominant force of aero/postie deciding where the game goes and I don't really like that at all. I haven't really seen any posts silencing anyone though, so I guess that's more on everyone else not posting.

I would like to hear more from algebra, as I feel his alignment will come rather naturally to everyone if he just posts more content. I'll do a read over again tomorrow when I get the chance, it's hard to process everything when it's as quick as lackluster as I feel it currently is. I'd like to see more content from EVERYONE, no one is really explaining reads to the full effect that I'd like. Or really sharing hard reads at all. I get that it's early into the game, but you have to start somewhere.

@postie With all the attention you've been giving to aero, do you still find TB to be your topscum?
@TB and algebra I'd really like to see both of your top town/scum reads in the game currently.
Dark Horse
Dark Horse
Goon
Dark Horse
Goon
Goon

Post Post #207 (ISO) » Fri Nov 11, 2016 8:52 pm

Post by Dark Horse »

And here you are, now following what Postie is doing just like you were following my read of algebra.
Don't try to take any credit for that. algebra's posts since 99 are the scummiest content in this entire game. Anyone who didn't at least consider algebra scum was doing a poor job scumhunting. Notice how outside of creature's very early vote, no one aside from you was voting algebra before that. People who started suspecting algebra (such as me and shannon) did so primarily on the basis of algebra's wagon hopping and further interactions, which is very different than if we were trying to sheep you.
... no it didn't. You're "push" on shannon to which you later admitted was just because you didn't feel good about one single post and had no real reasoning as to why; please point out any place where that generated any sort of discussion, because the only discussion I see that it created was me realizing you're likely scum this game
Are you fucking kidding me? My push on shannon was what started legitimate discussion in this thread. Me vs shannon and me vs you were the first legitimate debates in this thread. Before it was rvs and people saying "oh lets vote an inactive to pressure" and then preceding to do absolutely jack shit. Literally this entire postie-me-you discussion comes from what I've said. Compre that to shannon's read list.
Please lay out a case for why she is scum. Also, can you tell me why you decided Algebra was more deserving of your vote than her when you switched? Thanks.
Why on earth would I lay out a case for you, considering the leaps and bounds of logic you're willing to take to say that she's town

I already answered your second question multiple times including posts 121
Ok, but in most of her posting, she seems to be very genuine to me, just as you somehow think that the handful of shitposts that Algebra calls an ISO is somehow genuine. AGAIN, she could have very easily been much less active and allowing the game the die instead of continually posting.
Her activity posts are among some of the laziest content you can attempt to provide in order to "look busy." They're more scummy than town, as it makes a person look like they're participating without actually having to produce any content.
What? So shaky reads don't matter...? ok, well can you show me where at all he "committed" to them? The point i'm trying to get across to you is that he didn't commit to them. He had exactly one read he was pushing very hard, which was Shannon. He went with the "X is scum, vote them please" without reasoning early game schtick that almost always comes from scum. He seemed very sure of this read but then cited like ONE LINE OF ONE POST and said "oh this sounded too cautious" which is absolute bullshit.
Do you not understand what pressure is? Day starts, I see shannon doing something somewhat scummy. Instead of being comtent with rvs voting or voting an inactive, I decide to try and get some pressure going, in order to get a better sense of whether shannon is town or scum.

You're also claiming that I gave no reasons for inisitally voting, which is completely wrong.
In post 38, Dark Horse wrote:VOTE: shannon

Found scum boys let's this game moving
In post 39, ThinkBig wrote:

What made you think Shannon is scum?
In post 40, Dark Horse wrote:34 and 35 both sound way too cautious. That second line in 35 feels really forced
I gave reasons immediately after I voted. The only way you could have missed it is if you were trying to be reachy as fuck
Not to mention, when you showed up Postie and voted ThinkBig, he immediately 180'd his townread on him and immediately started showing shade on him and calling him scum. If anything, Dark Horse is going with the flow as much as possible.
I said I'm not sure whether thinkbig's post is indicative dumbtown or dumb scum. There's a reason why I'm not voting him, and that's because I'm leaning towards dumb town more than dumb scum.
He has shown no aggression in trying to push other people, and still just jumps on whoever the bigger players (e.g. you and I) are voting. See his vote on Algebra, see his shade on Thinkbig, directly after each of us started moving that way. There's no actual original reads that he has besides those two town reads that he's since 180'd on anyway, and shannon who he's not pushing.
It's funny how when I was first pushing shannnon you were passive aggresively complaining about how I was tunneling her asking me stuff like "are you really going to tunnel for all of D1?" when it was lke the 2 or 3rd irl day and now suddenly I'm the one who's being too passive

And I haven't been pushing shannon because I've been dealing with oushing algebra and now I have to deal with you
Aeronaut
Aeronaut
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Aeronaut
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #208 (ISO) » Fri Nov 11, 2016 8:53 pm

Post by Aeronaut »

In post 205, Postie wrote:
In post 200, Aeronaut wrote:...I know. I never said it did? These are posts that are about her activity, not 105. What are you talking about?
When I asked where she was encouraging discussion, I meant in post 105, because you said you liked it for encouraging discussion.
I think I said I liked shannon for encouraging discussion, and 105 just because she was giving stances when she didn't have to.
In post 200, Aeronaut wrote:Ok, but in most of her posting, she seems to be very genuine to me, just as you somehow think that the handful of shitposts that Algebra calls an ISO is somehow genuine.
That doesn't mean much to me unless you explain
why
she sounds genuine. I can explain why algebra sounds genuine, but I want to focus on sorting you and getting your DH read straightened out.
I'll try to articulate why it sounds genuine if you do that for me with Algebra.

And if by "straightening out" my DH read you mean getting me to change my vote, then you're not going to accomplish that today. You've provided us with no other case on anybody else except for ThinkBig, which is minimal at best. You've also given me no points on why my reasoning on DH is wrong. I have a very solid case here and it's time that you join me on this wagon.

Feel free to tell me why I should vote otherwise, because you also haven't really bothered to do that.
In post 200, Aeronaut wrote:AGAIN, she could have very easily been much less active and allowing the game the die instead of continually posting.
Sure, but posting nothing of significant value isn't really much better and could easily be scum busywork.
Ok, please and thank you tell me all the places in which Algebra's posts have any significant value. And it doesn't read as busywork to me, it reads like she has a pretty logical progression, where as someone like DH or Algebra is just throwing shit at the wall and hoping it sticks.
In post 200, Aeronaut wrote:As far as I'm concerned, they're both new.
Someone with 1000+ posts and 7 completed games is not a newbie!
I mean maybe not by your standards, but by mine they are. Looking back at my seventh game, I was scum and had zero idea what to do.
In post 200, Aeronaut wrote:What? So shaky reads don't matter...? ok, well can you show me where at all he "committed" to them? The point i'm trying to get across to you is that he
didn't

He committed to to his stances in the moment, even if he didn't do so in the long term. I'll look into how his reads evolved a bit more though. Meanwhile, I'd like your thoughts on .
You didn't answer most of my points here. On reads, are you saying that you really think it's townie to abandon reads on a whim just because a wagon is forming?
2023 W/L | 1-0
Dark Horse
Dark Horse
Goon
Dark Horse
Goon
Goon

Post Post #209 (ISO) » Fri Nov 11, 2016 8:56 pm

Post by Dark Horse »

And if by "straightening out" my DH read you mean getting me to change my vote, then you're not going to accomplish that today. You've provided us with no other case on anybody else except for ThinkBig, which is minimal at best. You've also given me no points on why my reasoning on DH is wrong. I have a very solid case here and it's time that you join me on this wagon.
For supposedly not being a newbie you are dense as fuck
Aeronaut
Aeronaut
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Aeronaut
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #210 (ISO) » Fri Nov 11, 2016 8:59 pm

Post by Aeronaut »

In post 209, Dark Horse wrote:
For supposedly not being a newbie you are dense as fuck
Look! He's Balsy and aggressive! He must be town postie.

I still also don't get why you think that that's at all AI.
2023 W/L | 1-0
Aeronaut
Aeronaut
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Aeronaut
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #211 (ISO) » Fri Nov 11, 2016 9:03 pm

Post by Aeronaut »

I thought I had replied to this before, guess not :|
In post 198, Postie wrote:I also like the way DH approaches Aero:
In post 69, Dark Horse wrote:lol @ Aeronaut thinking I'm tunneling just because I'm actually trying to put some effort wrt a scum read
In post 83, Dark Horse wrote:Aeronaut what are your reads
In post 84, Dark Horse wrote:And if you answer "nothing solid" then you have no right to say that i'm tunneling
In post 87, Dark Horse wrote:There you go, I was wondering how long it was going to take for you to come out and actually say that I'm scum. Trying to discredit me only to vote algebra was a bad move

Creature's town, thinkbig's slightly town

So I asked you this before, why is shannon town? It's annoying that instead of answering this you've tried to discredit my push instead. The fact that you asked me to clarify the hammering stuff, and then then tried attacking me for clarifying hammering stuff was terrible.
You can see his line of thought go
acknowledge Aero's criticism while thinking it's dumb -> become suspicious of Aero's motives and start questioning him -> openly and aggressively criticise Aero -> start to openly call into question Aero's motives
What I see in these posts is that I question Dark Horse for trying to look busy without providing anything new, and he gets immediately defensive and attacks ad hominem. Instead of giving reads or any source of reasoning, he says "WELL WHAT ARE YOUR READS!", and even implies that I don't have any which just isn't true as is evident by my posting immediately after.

The point of my posting was that Dark Horse called Shannon scum, saying everyone needs to pile on shannon, etc. Then, he makes a post later in the wagon saying he's not 100% sure and that she could be town? And then abandoned that read all together. So that's why I criticized that response.
It's three dimensional without being showy.
Please explain to me what you mean by this.
2023 W/L | 1-0
Aeronaut
Aeronaut
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Aeronaut
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #212 (ISO) » Fri Nov 11, 2016 9:04 pm

Post by Aeronaut »

Again postie, I don't see how you don't look at those four posts and see someone who trying to discredit me for pushing him, instead of actually responding to any of things I was asking.
2023 W/L | 1-0
Aeronaut
Aeronaut
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Aeronaut
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #213 (ISO) » Fri Nov 11, 2016 9:10 pm

Post by Aeronaut »

In post 207, Dark Horse wrote:
Don't try to take any credit for that. algebra's posts since 99 are the scummiest content in this entire game. Anyone who didn't at least consider algebra scum was doing a poor job scumhunting. Notice how outside of creature's very early vote, no one aside from you was voting algebra before that. People who started suspecting algebra (such as me and shannon) did so primarily on the basis of algebra's wagon hopping and further interactions, which is very different than if we were trying to sheep you.
here you go
In post 100, Aeronaut wrote:i really would like to lynch algebra tbh
In post 102, Dark Horse wrote:
In post 100, Aeronaut wrote:i really would like to lynch algebra tbh
I can get behind this. 99 is janky as hell, plus the general lack of contribution
In post 106, shannon wrote:I would vote Algebra but I don't want anyone at L-1 yet. So onward up the list I go.

VOTE: Flames
In post 114, Dark Horse wrote:
@mod can we get a replacement for flames, he clearly doesn't give a shit about this game

VOTE: Algebra
This page of posts also underlines another reason why shannon looks town and you don't; you jump right onto algebra after I said I may want to lynch him. Shannon has the opportunity to and doesn't because there was still a slot who hadn't spoken. You're just sitting around waiting for something to jump on.
2023 W/L | 1-0
Dark Horse
Dark Horse
Goon
Dark Horse
Goon
Goon

Post Post #214 (ISO) » Fri Nov 11, 2016 9:19 pm

Post by Dark Horse »

In post 110, algebra wrote:Why am I always scumread gosh darn it going from a player that I pushed for being inactive to someone that I think is scum isn't even wagonhopping
In post 111, Dark Horse wrote:Why did you only jump on thinkbig after creature suggested thinkbig scum first
@mod can we get a replacement for flames, he clearly doesn't give a shit about this game

In post 115, algebra wrote:
In post 111, Dark Horse wrote:Why did you only jump on thinkbig after creature suggested thinkbig scum first
I would've voted thinkbig regardless if creature did or not
In post 116, Dark Horse wrote:Then why didn't you do it earlier
The primary purpose of these interactions was to determinne if algebra was noobtown or noobscum. I said that I'd be willing to lymch because nothing gets noobscum more nervous than more people being willing to lynch them. I found that algebra was unable to answer several questions that a noobtown would have probably been able to answer. What did you do again? Vote an inactive, and then say you'd love to lynch him with no reason give?
Postie
Postie
Any/all
Jack of All Trades

Postie
Any/all
Jack of All Trades

Jack of All Trades

Post Post #215 (ISO) » Fri Nov 11, 2016 9:23 pm

Post by Postie »

In post 206, Wyvernite wrote:I'll do a read over again tomorrow when I get the chance, it's hard to process everything when it's as quick as lackluster as I feel it currently is. I'd like to see more content from EVERYONE, no one is really explaining reads to the full effect that I'd like. Or really sharing hard reads at all. I get that it's early into the game, but you have to start somewhere.
There's plenty to comment on so far. Do some ISOs, tell me what you think of my reasons for townreading DH, etc.
In post 206, Wyvernite wrote:@postie With all the attention you've been giving to aero, do you still find TB to be your topscum?
Yes.
Dark Horse
Dark Horse
Goon
Dark Horse
Goon
Goon

Post Post #216 (ISO) » Fri Nov 11, 2016 9:25 pm

Post by Dark Horse »

In post 212, Aeronaut wrote:Again postie, I don't see how you don't look at those four posts and see someone who trying to discredit me for pushing him, instead of actually responding to any of things I was asking.
You're questions were a thinly veiled attempt at discrediting my post without having to call me scum. Especially considering some if your questions (Asking me if I'm going to tunnel a read right after I decide to pursue it?), I was incredibly skeptical of your intentions
Aeronaut
Aeronaut
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Aeronaut
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #217 (ISO) » Fri Nov 11, 2016 9:35 pm

Post by Aeronaut »

... no it didn't. You're "push" on shannon to which you later admitted was just because you didn't feel good about one single post and had no real reasoning as to why; please point out any place where that generated any sort of discussion, because the only discussion I see that it created was me realizing you're likely scum this game
Are you fucking kidding me? My push on shannon was what started legitimate discussion in this thread. Me vs shannon and me vs you were the first legitimate debates in this thread. Before it was rvs and people saying "oh lets vote an inactive to pressure" and then preceding to do absolutely jack shit. Literally this entire postie-me-you discussion comes from what I've said. Compre that to shannon's read list. [/quote]
give me posts that you define as discussion that you created by voting Shannon without stating your reasoning.

The Postie discussion is coming from Postie, not you. We're just deciding whether to lynch you or not, and that's your main contribution to this conversation. I'm glad you've started to join and ask me things too instead of letting postie do all the work.
Why on earth would I lay out a case for you, considering the leaps and bounds of logic you're willing to take to say that she's town[/quote]
So you do not have a case. You understand that you're not helping anybody to understand why we should vote with you if you're not going to provide reasoning, right?
I already answered your second question multiple times including posts 121
Ok, you did. Would you say algebra is still the scummiest?
Her activity posts are among some of the laziest content you can attempt to provide in order to "look busy." They're more scummy than town, as it makes a person look like they're participating without actually having to produce any content.
Please show me some posts by Flames, Thinkbig, Algebra, you, or myself that are less lazy/genuine, because I don't see any.
What? So shaky reads don't matter...? ok, well can you show me where at all he "committed" to them? The point i'm trying to get across to you is that he didn't commit to them. He had exactly one read he was pushing very hard, which was Shannon. He went with the "X is scum, vote them please" without reasoning early game schtick that almost always comes from scum. He seemed very sure of this read but then cited like ONE LINE OF ONE POST and said "oh this sounded too cautious" which is absolute bullshit.
Do you not understand what pressure is? Day starts, I see shannon doing something somewhat scummy. Instead of being comtent with rvs voting or voting an inactive, I decide to try and get some pressure going, in order to get a better sense of whether shannon is town or scum.
Yeah, and that's fine, but my issue is that you refused to give me your thoughts on any other player, or to use anything of the reactions you got from pushing her. You push people and pressure them for reactions, but all you were doing was saying "Shannon is scum. Everyone should vote Shannon" which is helping nothing and nobody.

You're also claiming that I gave no reasons for inisitally voting, which is completely wrong.

In post 39, ThinkBig wrote:

What made you think Shannon is scum?
In post 40, Dark Horse wrote:34 and 35 both sound way too cautious. That second line in 35 feels really forced
I gave reasons immediately after I voted. The only way you could have missed it is if you were trying to be reachy as fuck
That's a shady as fuck reason for how sure you were trying to make it seem. Either way, I'm more focused on the fact that you were trying to look busy and eventually backtracked anyway.

What would you say Shannon's alignment is now?
Not to mention, when you showed up Postie and voted ThinkBig, he immediately 180'd his townread on him and immediately started showing shade on him and calling him scum. If anything, Dark Horse is going with the flow as much as possible.
I said I'm not sure whether thinkbig's post is indicative dumbtown or dumb scum. There's a reason why I'm not voting him, and that's because I'm leaning towards dumb town more than dumb scum.
After looking back, you're right, you didn't explicitly call him scum, and that's my bad. You did tell me though that you had had a townread on him, and now you've sort of redacted that? What's your current read on him?
It's funny how when I was first pushing shannnon you were passive aggresively complaining about how I was tunneling her asking me stuff like "are you really going to tunnel for all of D1?" when it was lke the 2 or 3rd irl day and now suddenly I'm the one who's being too passive
Good thing you redacted the first part of this post where I say that 44 is an exception to that. As I've said, in what Postie cited as you being "aggressive", 3/4 of those posts were just you yelling and complaining because I was pushing you in the slightest way. Thats not aggression, it's flailing.
And I haven't been pushing shannon because I've been dealing with oushing algebra and now I have to deal with you
Again, you're the one that's commenting on the conversation I'm having with Postie. Feel free to go do whatever you want with Algebra. I still feel like he could be scum; if you want to present a case to me as to why he's worse the you, go ahead.
2023 W/L | 1-0
Aeronaut
Aeronaut
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Aeronaut
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #218 (ISO) » Fri Nov 11, 2016 9:40 pm

Post by Aeronaut »

In post 214, Dark Horse wrote:
In post 110, algebra wrote:Why am I always scumread gosh darn it going from a player that I pushed for being inactive to someone that I think is scum isn't even wagonhopping

In post 115, algebra wrote:
I would've voted thinkbig regardless if creature did or not
In post 116, Dark Horse wrote:Then why didn't you do it earlier
The primary purpose of these interactions was to determinne if algebra was noobtown or noobscum. I said that I'd be willing to lymch because nothing gets noobscum more nervous than more people being willing to lynch them. I found that algebra was unable to answer several questions that a noobtown would have probably been able to answer. What did you do again? Vote an inactive, and then say you'd love to lynch him with no reason give?
Yeah, but to me it feels like you didn't say anything about it until I was on board. As you can see from the shitstorm of quote-walls in this game, trying to get a lynch through that I don't agree with is going to be difficult, especially since we've got 7 people which is way too small to making dumb lynches. Granted, It's not like it was that long in between the time where Algebra puked all over the game and the time when I said he'd probably be a good lynch, so maybe I should give you a pass there.

What do you make of Postie's opposition to an Algebra lynch?
2023 W/L | 1-0
Aeronaut
Aeronaut
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Aeronaut
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #219 (ISO) » Fri Nov 11, 2016 9:41 pm

Post by Aeronaut »

In post 216, Dark Horse wrote:
In post 212, Aeronaut wrote:Again postie, I don't see how you don't look at those four posts and see someone who trying to discredit me for pushing him, instead of actually responding to any of things I was asking.
You're questions were a thinly veiled attempt at discrediting my post without having to call me scum. Especially considering some if your questions (Asking me if I'm going to tunnel a read right after I decide to pursue it?), I was incredibly skeptical of your intentions
Postie just did a similar thing for about two pages on me, but I don't see you calling her out for it?
2023 W/L | 1-0
Postie
Postie
Any/all
Jack of All Trades

Postie
Any/all
Jack of All Trades

Jack of All Trades

Post Post #220 (ISO) » Fri Nov 11, 2016 9:47 pm

Post by Postie »

In post 208, Aeronaut wrote:I'll try to articulate why it sounds genuine if you do that for me with Algebra.
I'll explain my algebra read soon (I kind-of have to, he's at L-1), but until then I'd like it if we could focus on the issue at hand and pursue one line of question at a time before dragging unrelated stuff into this and causing an even bigger explosion of arguing.
In post 208, Aeronaut wrote:You've also given me no points on why my reasoning on DH is wrong.
[internal screaming]
In post 208, Aeronaut wrote:Ok, please and thank you tell me all the places in which Algebra's posts have any significant value.
Stop dragging unrelated things into this. I'm asking about your shannon read; my read on algebra has nothing to do with that.
In post 208, Aeronaut wrote:it reads like she has a pretty logical progression
And this makes her towny because...?
In post 208, Aeronaut wrote:I mean maybe not by your standards, but by mine they are. Looking back at my seventh game, I was scum and had zero idea what to do.
Fair.

IIRC shannon has a completed scum game where she was townread for being able to explain her thoughts well though, so I need to look into that.
In post 208, Aeronaut wrote:On reads, are you saying that you really think it's townie to abandon reads on a whim just because a wagon is forming?
It isn't towny or scummy in itself. It depends on the strength of the reads and the usefulness of the wagon, among other things.
Postie
Postie
Any/all
Jack of All Trades

Postie
Any/all
Jack of All Trades

Jack of All Trades

Post Post #221 (ISO) » Fri Nov 11, 2016 9:54 pm

Post by Postie »

In post 211, Aeronaut wrote:
I'd expect newbscum, or anyone with DH's jumpy/aggressive character, to fake a push like this in a much more two-dimensional way by quickly/immediately blowing up at you and calling you scum. Instead, DH displays more of a gradient of suspicion, and does so in quite a subtle way rather than one which makes a show of his thought process.
Aeronaut
Aeronaut
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Aeronaut
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #222 (ISO) » Fri Nov 11, 2016 9:55 pm

Post by Aeronaut »

It's four in the morning and I need to act in two shows tomorrow so I need to pick this up in the morning; Postie, the reason I'm asking you about your algebra reads in certain places is because I'm trying to show you that you're applying a double standard. You can't be asking me about every single thing I've said about Shannon and Dark Horse when you've got so much unexplained stuff on your own. I want to know why you think algebra is town, really. You had said before I think that Algebra reads to you as genuine. I feel like if you're going to ask me how I think Shannon feels genuine, you should have to answer that same thing about your read, especially since I'm scum reading that player and would like to hear why exactly you oppose that lynch
2023 W/L | 1-0
Aeronaut
Aeronaut
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Aeronaut
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #223 (ISO) » Fri Nov 11, 2016 9:57 pm

Post by Aeronaut »

In post 221, Postie wrote:
In post 211, Aeronaut wrote:
I'd expect newbscum, or anyone with DH's jumpy/aggressive character, to fake a push like this in a much more two-dimensional way by quickly/immediately blowing up at you and calling you scum. Instead, DH displays more of a gradient of suspicion, and does so in quite a subtle way rather than one which makes a show of his thought process.
What? In the span of four posts he discredits me, calls me scum, and basically says I'm shit player. You just described to me exactly my own reasoning for why he's scum. It's not a "gradient" if it's in the span of like 20 minutes
2023 W/L | 1-0
Aeronaut
Aeronaut
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Aeronaut
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #224 (ISO) » Fri Nov 11, 2016 10:01 pm

Post by Aeronaut »

I think a big reason we have such opposite reads is because I guess we see things as differently indicative. I don't remember if you're originally from offsite or maybe just have different experiences and play differently, but usually abandoning reads to jump onto a popular wagon is seen as scummy almost all of the time. "logical progression" or a clear thought process and actions is something that's almost always seen as very town-oriented; scum have a lot harder time explaining their reasoning for doing things or sometimes there's not a clear motivation or thought process involved because they're making up justifications as they go along.
2023 W/L | 1-0

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”