Mafia Scum
shaddowez
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #600 (ISO) » Mon Nov 14, 2016 10:29 am

Post by shaddowez »

Catch up post is just about done, so here's my reads prior (mostly off memory, I really need to start taking notes). I'll do an up to date one once I've done my catch up post.

Town - farside, Wisdom, kraska
Leantown - Kagami, Tammy
Leanscum - Cakez, Infinity, Nacho
Scum - Bulba, Wraith

Everyone else was null due to lack of content or not being able to get a read.
V/LA on Weekends
MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #601 (ISO) » Mon Nov 14, 2016 10:31 am

Post by MagnaofIllusion »

In post 597, Wraith wrote:
/replace

I'm not going to be able to follow two games at once in this state, sorry.
Searching for a replacement for Wraith ...
"I am a leaf on the wind ... watch how I soar!"

Pretty much Geriatric game restricted at this point ... unless there are players I REALLY want to play with.
shaddowez
shaddowez
He/Him
Mafia Scum
shaddowez
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #602 (ISO) » Mon Nov 14, 2016 10:40 am

Post by shaddowez »

A lot of this is old since a lot happened, but I'm going through everything.
In post 183, Infinity 324 wrote:
In post 176, kraska77 wrote:
In post 170, Wisdom wrote:to be clearer: Making a post without being over the top tryhard is not a playstyle adjustment, therefore arguing "yeah he wouldnt playstyle adjust so you dont have a point" is bullshit
i dont see how infinity was being "over the top tryhard" i think it was the opposite his posting emanates nervousness/wariness. but nyway ur point was he would have stopped probing people for answers to useless questions...which is still bs considering the timespan
I don't like "you can't possibly believe this you're scum" arguments, do you often find that you can find scum in that way?
Can you please explain what you mean by this? I don't see that type of argument from either of them, so I'm not sure what you're trying to get at.
In post 210, Kagami wrote:Shadow's opening post looks motivated by "being safe." The initial part of his rule-of-three is reasonable, but I don't like the wisdom bit and the final part also feels limp-wristed to me, as if the point were to mention an buddy in a negative light.

I also think the townreads on infinity aren't terribly well justified, and am suspicious that three players have it. I would guess that exactly one infinity-defender is scum regardless of his alignment.
What's the "rule-of-three"? Also, how do you feel I was being safe in my opening post?
In post 214, kraska77 wrote:shadow's play in the purge mafia came off as "playing safe" and he got scumread for it...im waiting for more content but i think shadow laying low and playing safe isnt particularly scummy for him

pedit: theres pere too i think
This post makes me hard townread kraska for reasons that I feel would be detrimental to town to say right now.
In post 215, Kagami wrote:There's a difference between playing safe and having intent to play safe (especially in RVS).
I'm still not sure what you mean. How does any vote count as "playing safe" in RVS?
In post 229, Nachomamma8 wrote:
In post 225, Infinity 324 wrote:I don't like how much fluff this guy has
Explain? This seems like a ridiculous reason for voting.
Do you really feel that lack of content (ie fluff) is a bad reason for scum reading somebody? Isn't that a large part of what scum have to do, make stuff up and look busy?
In post 248, Nachomamma8 wrote:i didn't really like her response to my questions but i'm also not sure if she knows any better
Please refer to the pronoun under my avatar.
In post 301, Infinity 324 wrote:cakes' case is very shallow
I'll add on an agree to this.
In post 308, SirCakez wrote:Also
In post 302, Kagami wrote:yep
It was the 6th page when I made the vote. Were you expecting a large case? His ISO was like 10 posts at that point.
You're right, when you made the vote it was. However, you were asked to explain it well after then, and you didn't add much substance to it.
In post 334, kraska77 wrote:shhh its ok it seems ive been chosen to be the designated person far thinks is scum and tunnels all game long its ok ive accepted my fate
anyway i was kinda half serious too. this is town farside
Are you saying this purely based on her tunneling?
In post 348, Bulbazak wrote:Alrighty then...

@Nacho: Give me your thoughts on Wisdom when you can. I'm not sure if I'm looking at 1305 Wisdom here, or if this is the amicable scum Wisdom I've been seeing a lot lately. I'm not sure how much I'm going to be around over the next few days, but I'll try to do my best with anything else you want to talk about.

@Wraith: Why'd you stop with the Mr. Fluffy talk? I found it strange in general, but I found you stopping to be kinda abrupt.

Vote Shaddowez

I could go Wraith too, but I'm not sure it's as good a vote.
This is your second post, and it's practically a naked vote for me. Why do you feel I was a better vote than Wraith, who you also didn't address except for asking about Mr. Fluffy.
In post 390, Bulbazak wrote:I didn't like him going after surface reasoning. His play just felt shallow overall, and I just didn't get the feeling that he was actually looking for scum.
So, you do realize I never actually said she was scum, it was just something I look out for? Also, if you want to ask anyone about me and semantics arguments you can ask Wisdom about Episode 1.
In post 406, Tammy wrote:...snip....
I understand the scum reads on Wraith, but I was going to vote shaddowez until I realized I couldn't be the cool kid to start that wagon. So, I'm just gonna stick on Nacho for a while so you guys can question me about why it's there and when I'm going to change it because it's always fun when that happens.
You wouldn't have been the first person on the wagon...I believe there were already three votes on me. If I'm actually a scum read of yours, why wouldn't you vote me regardless of where on the wagon it was?
In post 424, Wraith wrote:Okay let's take a look at shadow's short ISO
...snip....

I don't like semantic arguments. That's just me. Semantic arguments are a scumtell to me. That's probably because I strongly prefer VCA and logical/data-based arguments than attempting to analyze word choice or emotional expression. I think it's absolutely impossible to accurately analyze someone's emotional state over the internet.
See my comment above about my semantic arguments.
V/LA on Weekends
shaddowez
shaddowez
He/Him
Mafia Scum
shaddowez
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #603 (ISO) » Mon Nov 14, 2016 10:53 am

Post by shaddowez »

Town - farside, kraska, PV
Leantown - Tammy, Wisdom, Infinity, Nacho
Leanscum - Cakez, Kagami, Leon
Scum - Bulba, Wraith

(Details to come probably tomorrow, Mondays and meetings suck)
V/LA on Weekends
Wisdom
Wisdom
Of the One
Wisdom
Of the One
Of the One

Post Post #604 (ISO) » Mon Nov 14, 2016 10:53 am

Post by Wisdom »

In post 602, shaddowez wrote:So, you do realize I never actually said she was scum, it was just something I look out for? Also, if you want to ask anyone about me and semantics arguments you can ask Wisdom about Episode 1.
^scum trying to defend through selfmeta
shaddowez
shaddowez
He/Him
Mafia Scum
shaddowez
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #605 (ISO) » Mon Nov 14, 2016 10:54 am

Post by shaddowez »

Yep, you caught me.
V/LA on Weekends
Wisdom
Wisdom
Of the One
Wisdom
Of the One
Of the One

Post Post #606 (ISO) » Mon Nov 14, 2016 10:55 am

Post by Wisdom »

VOTE: shaddow

Wraith is probably the wrong one in my scumpile if anyone is
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #607 (ISO) » Mon Nov 14, 2016 10:57 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 573, farside22 wrote:As I stated prior he said he had an issue with your post 10 which reads as a contradiction to saying he had a young lean early. I think prior to that you made maybe 2 other post. Which is just RVS stuff.
This makes sense if the point is that his read on Infinity didn't really make sense; the only reasons he pointed out for disliking Infinity happened on the first three pages while his later explanation of it was "I liked him early on and then started disliking him later".
In post 583, Kagami wrote:
In post 571, Wraith wrote:I'm at the level of depression right now that I'm probably just going to prodge at best.
If you're town, this is the part of the show where you need to be rereading the thread and making some compelling arguments about why your scumreads are scum. You may not think you can improve on your existing stances (or may be unwilling to), but you're certainly capable of drawing some "if we assume <my_scumread> is scum, then <other_player> is likely scum because of the following interaction: ..." which you should have been thinking about anyway.

Alternatively, you can present a very compelling case about why you are town. While you weren't really my favorite lynch prior to this post, you are now. I remain very open-minded, though. Frankly, farside is probably the only player I really like for "highly probably town."
This seems like an overly harsh approach to "I'm depressed, prod dodging for now".
In post 602, shaddowez wrote:Do you really feel that lack of content (ie fluff) is a bad reason for scum reading somebody? Isn't that a large part of what scum have to do, make stuff up and look busy?
Context around that argument shows that the reason why I disliked his vote was more due to the fact that the fluff he pointed out wasn't actually fluff and the fact that it was a vote made while ignoring Wisdom's body of work. If you're going to vote me for fluff because I'm talking about this new kickass recipe I found the other day when my main body of work is a productive one, then we're going to have problems. If the attack was "he's not scumhunting" or "this looks like scumhunting", fine, but attacking because a small portion of posts aren't 100% relevant is not okay.
"Playing with Nacho is like playing with a religious conservative." ~UncertainKitten

-- Fate, Vanilla Townie, was brutally stabbed by a throwing sword in endgame.
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #608 (ISO) » Mon Nov 14, 2016 11:00 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

When you have time, interested in hearing where those read changes came from; also, your comment on #214 (I feel this would be detrimental to town if I said the reasons for kraska being town)... I have absolutely no idea what that could entail except for a PR hint and kraska hasn't hinted at any PR.
"Playing with Nacho is like playing with a religious conservative." ~UncertainKitten

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #609 (ISO) » Mon Nov 14, 2016 11:01 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 606, Wisdom wrote:VOTE: shaddow

Wraith is probably the wrong one in my scumpile if anyone is
This is about where I'm at.

Vote: Leonshade

Wisdom
Wisdom
Of the One
Wisdom
Of the One
Of the One

Post Post #610 (ISO) » Mon Nov 14, 2016 11:02 am

Post by Wisdom »

VOTE: leon
Kagami
Kagami
Jack of All Trades
Kagami
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #611 (ISO) » Mon Nov 14, 2016 11:12 am

Post by Kagami »

oo, are we going to get GI in the wraith slot?
Infinity 324
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: they (pl.)

Post Post #612 (ISO) » Mon Nov 14, 2016 11:25 am

Post by Infinity 324 »

Shadow, your question to me was already addressed and answered.

I'm ok with shadow votes. His questions don't seem to be written in an attempt to gamesolve, they're more trying to look busy and defending himself. And to add on to the list of hypocritical things I've said this game, I don't really like shadow taking seriously tammy not moving her vote. To be fair, this time tammy clearly said that it was for fun. It just looks like an attempt to look busy.

Ok I've convinced myself

VOTE: shadow

I'm not a fan of voting someone with 3 posts on page 25, though I will check again what those posts are...
Show
new GTKAS

<3 you are valid

plural system, we may or may not sign
Infinity 324
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #613 (ISO) » Mon Nov 14, 2016 11:26 am

Post by Infinity 324 »

And shadow can be lynchbait but this is not the town!shadow I know so that's that
Show
new GTKAS

<3 you are valid

Infinity 324
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #614 (ISO) » Mon Nov 14, 2016 11:29 am

Post by Infinity 324 »

Ok they're 5 posts and I don't have an issue with them. Him making a small comment to defend himself before a big long scumhunting-focused catchup isn't a problem for me, as long as that's what's happening here.
Show
new GTKAS

<3 you are valid

SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #615 (ISO) » Mon Nov 14, 2016 11:40 am

Post by SirCakez »

In post 573, farside22 wrote: As for cakez.....idk. the meta stuff on Wisdom is meh to me, mostly because he's not saying where this matches scum Wisdom.
I don't recall Wisdom being super aggressive at the start in Walking dead mafia, so it's kind of where I disagree with cakez view on wisdom's playstyle
In Walking Dead he was typically aggressive Wisdom?
In post 572, SirCakez wrote:Off the top of my head, you, Tammy, Kagami, and Bulba are all players who the super aggressive tactic wouldn't work on as scum, so he's being forced to go the friendly route
Like Soccer Spirits was a playerlist he could roll over, but not here
Being aggressive doesn't mean that you're trying to roll over a town, it means that you're being active and you're pushing things stubbornly - in other words, all things that the people you noted are expected, meaning the most intuitive thing for Wisdom as scum is... to pretend like he's town. You're saying that being friendly somehow gives him an advantage when playing against stronger players even though he's expected is to be aggressive - what advantage is that, exactly?
The difference is he'll get pushback for his aggression against these players as compared to others, which is why friendly wisdom would be stronger for him as scum here.
In post 576, Wisdom wrote:
In post 572, SirCakez wrote:If Wisdom showed even an ounce of interest in working with me then maybe I'd reconsider. But instead he's just being all stubborn which is
yet another trait ive always seen in wisdom and shouldnt be pretending is alignment indicative
Fixed that for you
I'm not scumreading you because of your stubborness (that's NAI), it's just not helping my read on you at all.
In post 577, Wisdom wrote:also
In post 572, SirCakez wrote:Off the top of my head, you, Tammy, Kagami, and Bulba are all players who the super aggressive tactic wouldn't work on as scum, so he's being forced to go the friendly route
Like Soccer Spirits was a playerlist he could roll over, but not here
This is a game that features scum-Wisdom vs Town-Nacho, Town-Tammy, Town-Kagami (and Town-farside as an extra). Check out what route I went.
I will look at that game.
In post 580, farside22 wrote:Cakez: why is Wisdom's lack of aggression bothering you?
You were in Walking dead mafia and mollie and I discussed that issue, you said nothing about it but it bothers you this game.
See above
Spoiler:
In post 602, shaddowez wrote:A lot of this is old since a lot happened, but I'm going through everything.
In post 183, Infinity 324 wrote:
In post 176, kraska77 wrote:
In post 170, Wisdom wrote:to be clearer: Making a post without being over the top tryhard is not a playstyle adjustment, therefore arguing "yeah he wouldnt playstyle adjust so you dont have a point" is bullshit
i dont see how infinity was being "over the top tryhard" i think it was the opposite his posting emanates nervousness/wariness. but nyway ur point was he would have stopped probing people for answers to useless questions...which is still bs considering the timespan
I don't like "you can't possibly believe this you're scum" arguments, do you often find that you can find scum in that way?
Can you please explain what you mean by this? I don't see that type of argument from either of them, so I'm not sure what you're trying to get at.
In post 210, Kagami wrote:Shadow's opening post looks motivated by "being safe." The initial part of his rule-of-three is reasonable, but I don't like the wisdom bit and the final part also feels limp-wristed to me, as if the point were to mention an buddy in a negative light.

I also think the townreads on infinity aren't terribly well justified, and am suspicious that three players have it. I would guess that exactly one infinity-defender is scum regardless of his alignment.
What's the "rule-of-three"? Also, how do you feel I was being safe in my opening post?
In post 214, kraska77 wrote:shadow's play in the purge mafia came off as "playing safe" and he got scumread for it...im waiting for more content but i think shadow laying low and playing safe isnt particularly scummy for him

pedit: theres pere too i think
This post makes me hard townread kraska for reasons that I feel would be detrimental to town to say right now.
In post 215, Kagami wrote:There's a difference between playing safe and having intent to play safe (especially in RVS).
I'm still not sure what you mean. How does any vote count as "playing safe" in RVS?
In post 229, Nachomamma8 wrote:
In post 225, Infinity 324 wrote:I don't like how much fluff this guy has
Explain? This seems like a ridiculous reason for voting.
Do you really feel that lack of content (ie fluff) is a bad reason for scum reading somebody? Isn't that a large part of what scum have to do, make stuff up and look busy?
In post 248, Nachomamma8 wrote:i didn't really like her response to my questions but i'm also not sure if she knows any better
Please refer to the pronoun under my avatar.
I'll add on an agree to this.
In post 308, SirCakez wrote:Also
In post 302, Kagami wrote:yep
It was the 6th page when I made the vote. Were you expecting a large case? His ISO was like 10 posts at that point.
You're right, when you made the vote it was. However, you were asked to explain it well after then, and you didn't add much substance to it.
In post 334, kraska77 wrote:shhh its ok it seems ive been chosen to be the designated person far thinks is scum and tunnels all game long its ok ive accepted my fate
anyway i was kinda half serious too. this is town farside
Are you saying this purely based on her tunneling?
In post 348, Bulbazak wrote:Alrighty then...

@Nacho: Give me your thoughts on Wisdom when you can. I'm not sure if I'm looking at 1305 Wisdom here, or if this is the amicable scum Wisdom I've been seeing a lot lately. I'm not sure how much I'm going to be around over the next few days, but I'll try to do my best with anything else you want to talk about.

@Wraith: Why'd you stop with the Mr. Fluffy talk? I found it strange in general, but I found you stopping to be kinda abrupt.

Vote Shaddowez

I could go Wraith too, but I'm not sure it's as good a vote.
This is your second post, and it's practically a naked vote for me. Why do you feel I was a better vote than Wraith, who you also didn't address except for asking about Mr. Fluffy.
In post 390, Bulbazak wrote:I didn't like him going after surface reasoning. His play just felt shallow overall, and I just didn't get the feeling that he was actually looking for scum.
So, you do realize I never actually said she was scum, it was just something I look out for? Also, if you want to ask anyone about me and semantics arguments you can ask Wisdom about Episode 1.
In post 406, Tammy wrote:...snip....
I understand the scum reads on Wraith, but I was going to vote shaddowez until I realized I couldn't be the cool kid to start that wagon. So, I'm just gonna stick on Nacho for a while so you guys can question me about why it's there and when I'm going to change it because it's always fun when that happens.
You wouldn't have been the first person on the wagon...I believe there were already three votes on me. If I'm actually a scum read of yours, why wouldn't you vote me regardless of where on the wagon it was?
In post 424, Wraith wrote:Okay let's take a look at shadow's short ISO
...snip....

I don't like semantic arguments. That's just me. Semantic arguments are a scumtell to me. That's probably because I strongly prefer VCA and logical/data-based arguments than attempting to analyze word choice or emotional expression. I think it's absolutely impossible to accurately analyze someone's emotional state over the internet.
See my comment above about my semantic arguments.

This wall reads like scum 101 to me. Full of pointless comments just to look like "content"
Brian Skies - "
I just wanna say Cakez is an evil mod and this is an evil setup.
"

--------------------
Get to know a Cakez!
Wisdom
Wisdom
Of the One
Wisdom
Of the One
Of the One

Post Post #616 (ISO) » Mon Nov 14, 2016 11:52 am

Post by Wisdom »

In post 615, SirCakez wrote:This wall reads like scum 101 to me. Full of pointless comments just to look like "content"
now you're on a better path

any comments on Leon?
SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie

Post Post #617 (ISO) » Mon Nov 14, 2016 11:52 am

Post by SirCakez »

I skimmed through and you were indeed aggressive as scum vs a similar playerlist there
So yeah not as confident anymore <.<

P-edit: I thought I mentioned it earlier, he's a scumread. His posts on the last page did nothing to change that.
Brian Skies - "
"

--------------------
Get to know a Cakez!
Wisdom
Wisdom
Of the One
Wisdom
Of the One
Of the One

Post Post #618 (ISO) » Mon Nov 14, 2016 11:54 am

Post by Wisdom »

good. join us on Leon. Or shaddow really. I could lynch either.
SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie

Post Post #619 (ISO) » Mon Nov 14, 2016 11:57 am

Post by SirCakez »

>.<
VOTE: leon
Brian Skies - "
"

--------------------
Get to know a Cakez!
Infinity 324
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #620 (ISO) » Mon Nov 14, 2016 11:59 am

Post by Infinity 324 »

Vote shadow instead
Show
new GTKAS

<3 you are valid

SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie

Post Post #621 (ISO) » Mon Nov 14, 2016 12:01 pm

Post by SirCakez »

The wagon is bigger on leon
If the Shadow wagon gets bigger I'll go there instead, I want them both gone
Brian Skies - "
"

--------------------
Get to know a Cakez!
Wisdom
Wisdom
Of the One
Wisdom
Of the One
Of the One

Post Post #622 (ISO) » Mon Nov 14, 2016 12:05 pm

Post by Wisdom »

In post 620, Infinity 324 wrote:Vote shadow instead