pisskop
pisskop
Survivor
pisskop
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #50 (ISO) » Thu Nov 17, 2016 12:57 pm

Post by pisskop »

Targeting somebody else means I can crumb it for townpoints.

Targeting you guys means we can hog powers.
beeboy - Everyone thought this game was made to troll pie but it was really made to troll pisskop.
Almost50 pisskop: Overall, that's a townie slot. Don't ask for specifics because with PK everything can be interpreted either way. It's probably WHEN he says/does things that matter, so it's more of a matter of conception rather than solid reasoning.
Impoetic
Impoetic
Mafia Scum
Impoetic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Location: off in space, absentmindedly pouring coffee grounds in the water reservoir.

Post Post #51 (ISO) » Thu Nov 17, 2016 12:59 pm

Post by Impoetic »

Let's wink at town
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #52 (ISO) » Thu Nov 17, 2016 7:44 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

Let's all buddy fire :)
Impoetic
Impoetic
Mafia Scum
Impoetic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Location: off in space, absentmindedly pouring coffee grounds in the water reservoir.

Post Post #53 (ISO) » Thu Nov 17, 2016 8:22 pm

Post by Impoetic »

let's :)
pisskop
pisskop
Survivor
pisskop
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #54 (ISO) » Fri Nov 18, 2016 2:08 pm

Post by pisskop »

Gahhh, were doing good work, but its going to take so long!
beeboy - Everyone thought this game was made to troll pie but it was really made to troll pisskop.
Almost50 pisskop: Overall, that's a townie slot. Don't ask for specifics because with PK everything can be interpreted either way. It's probably WHEN he says/does things that matter, so it's more of a matter of conception rather than solid reasoning.
pisskop
pisskop
Survivor
pisskop
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #55 (ISO) » Fri Nov 18, 2016 2:10 pm

Post by pisskop »

The problem is town has no leader and has no real reads.

You guys are doing a good job keeping the content that is out there vague and the lurkers are really helping since theyd be good if they got in here.
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #56 (ISO) » Fri Nov 18, 2016 3:08 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

Yeah we're probably going to go up to deadline

Do I use my ability today or save it? I can scope someone out and then use it again day 3
pisskop
pisskop
Survivor
pisskop
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #57 (ISO) » Fri Nov 18, 2016 3:12 pm

Post by pisskop »

Did mod tell you if it resolves before or after use?
pisskop
pisskop
Survivor
pisskop
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #58 (ISO) » Fri Nov 18, 2016 3:13 pm

Post by pisskop »

Ummm

Did mod tell you if your invade ability resolves before or after other roles?
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #59 (ISO) » Fri Nov 18, 2016 3:15 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

It's day use

Are you talking about iron's ability? It would reflect off that pretty sure

ALSO I believe that it's not a spell but an ability like you have
pisskop
pisskop
Survivor
pisskop
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #60 (ISO) » Fri Nov 18, 2016 3:16 pm

Post by pisskop »

Oh. Invade is dayuse.

Well yes. Target wisdom.
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #61 (ISO) » Fri Nov 18, 2016 3:23 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

Alright gonna do that

Just a heads up that it only shows spells, and not any other ~abilitie~ they may have
pisskop
pisskop
Survivor
pisskop
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #62 (ISO) » Fri Nov 18, 2016 3:24 pm

Post by pisskop »

All spells are abilities.

The only non-spell attributes to a player is their alignment and their passive effects. So like any normal game.
pisskop
pisskop
Survivor
pisskop
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #63 (ISO) » Fri Nov 18, 2016 3:24 pm

Post by pisskop »

Note our alignments and my own passive ability, for instance.

If we have a secondscum its an SK.
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #64 (ISO) » Fri Nov 18, 2016 3:25 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

I meant things like your passive ability and Iron's
JaeReed
JaeReed
Jack of All Trades
JaeReed
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #65 (ISO) » Fri Nov 18, 2016 4:24 pm

Post by JaeReed »

We don't have an SK. The ratio is in the mechanics & setup rules post in the game thread.

Yeah use it today definitely I think.

And yes I believe site meta lately has been to use the full D1 where possible.
"Jae defends his townreads like a fanatic" - Charloux
"On the issue of myself they go back and forth between overpowering paranoia and absolute certainty I'm town... it's kind of exhausting." - Nahdia
pisskop
pisskop
Survivor
pisskop
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #66 (ISO) » Fri Nov 18, 2016 5:01 pm

Post by pisskop »

hang up. its noncon 2shot.

but. it sounds like itd be useful later. learning 1 grimore and 1spell is enh. we can spot a bunch of em we can stealem.

just fft
pisskop
pisskop
Survivor
pisskop
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #67 (ISO) » Fri Nov 18, 2016 5:02 pm

Post by pisskop »

orrr. theres at least a tangible benefit to having it used later.
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #68 (ISO) » Fri Nov 18, 2016 5:06 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

I think using it now is the way to go

We can always steal from wisdom and then kill him if he has something really good, or we can just kill him if he's going to get a result

We might want to save that spell steal in case there's a cop power or something floating around
JaeReed
JaeReed
Jack of All Trades
JaeReed
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #69 (ISO) » Fri Nov 18, 2016 5:44 pm

Post by JaeReed »

uh lessee

13 players, 3 scum. Assuming we all live, that means we need to get to 6 players to win. 4 mislynches, which means day 4 is the earliest we can win by if I'm not mixing that up.

That's for a clean sweep.
I don't think holding off really matters in light of that? Also I don't think it's only 2 shot? Just noncon.
"On the issue of myself they go back and forth between overpowering paranoia and absolute certainty I'm town... it's kind of exhausting." - Nahdia
JaeReed
JaeReed
Jack of All Trades
JaeReed
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #70 (ISO) » Fri Nov 18, 2016 5:57 pm

Post by JaeReed »

OK HOLY SHIT I THINK I JUST WORKED OUT A NICE SYNERGY WITH ALL OUR SHIT.
JaeReed
JaeReed
Jack of All Trades
JaeReed
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #71 (ISO) » Fri Nov 18, 2016 6:15 pm

Post by JaeReed »

BATORU's Spellbook
Arcane Theft -
Day use, non-compulsive. Saps the arcane energies around a wizard, transferring them to the caster. This spell removes all spells, with the exception of dark magic and vote spells, from your target's spellbook and adds them to your own. This spell resolves at the
end
of the day phase; you may change your target intermittently during the day. You may only use this spell if you have no other abilities in your spellbook which would be eligible for theft.
Misdirection -
This spell is dark magic. 2-shot. Changes the direction of a casters' spell. This spell redirects all spells cast by one target this phase to a second target, decided by you.
pisskop's Spellbook
Mana Barrier -
This spell is dark magic. 2-shot. Creates a shield against all spells on your target. This spell causes all spells cast at your target this phase to fail.
Dunnstral's Spellbook
Invade -
This spell is dark magic. Non-consecutive day use. Invade the mind of a target and learn what secrets they keep. This spell will inform you of all the spells your target has in their spell book.

These all are needed.

So, Dunnstral's invade is non-con. We can wait to D2 to use it at latest I think? Or go for the Odd-night stuff but I think D2 would be good because of the way the spells might be stacked up and we'll have a better idea of how to use it I think?
Our redirect is 2-shot. We need to be careful with this.
Pisskop's mana barrier is 2-shot. Again, we need to be careful in using this.

The reason for the caution with the 2-shots is that our Arcane Theft can ONLY be used if we have no other spells in our book available for theft, and only during the day. Chances are we will be targeted at night by at least something, and then we will not be able to use it during the day even if we absolutely need to. This is where Pisskop's mana barrier can come in. He can cause all spells on us to fail, therefore keeping us from learning the spells as well. Realistically he needs to keep 1 shot of this to use on us for when we choose to use Arcane Theft.

Dunn can Invade to learn someone's abilities, and if it's a cop or something we can redirect them on to someone less useful for them to have an inno on, then redirect again the next day (maybe from the inno back to the original? Or onto themselves) to stack the abilities (people will theoretically still gain abilities and if someone wants to pass something useful on to someone they know is town then this gets even stronger, especially if we can make ppl self target). With the 2nd redirect we could have pisskop use mana barrier on us that night so we don't gain spells, then we can steal it from our target during the day.

Thoughts?
JaeReed
JaeReed
Jack of All Trades
JaeReed
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #72 (ISO) » Fri Nov 18, 2016 6:16 pm

Post by JaeReed »

@Nahdia can we make someone self target with Misdirection?
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #73 (ISO) » Fri Nov 18, 2016 6:17 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

too late I already used it

Which is good because if we can't use arcane theft until day 3 it's best to use it once now and then again on day 3
Nahdia
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Scheherazade
Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #74 (ISO) » Fri Nov 18, 2016 6:18 pm

Post by Nahdia »

In post 72, JaeReed wrote:
@Nahdia can we make someone self target with Misdirection?
You can try, but if they're using an ability that would normally not be self-targetable it'll just fail.
we're all made of stories | remember to take your b12 | sign up for a GTKAS thread! (request access here)

"I’m going to harness love for epidemiological purposes."
-Zaphkael, 2020

Return to “Completed Game Topics”