Newbie 1770: Water Game Over

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
JackChaos
JackChaos
Townie
JackChaos
Townie
Townie

Post Post #20 (isolation #0) » Mon Jan 09, 2017 6:55 pm

Post by JackChaos »

Hello all it's lovely to meet you. Im totally new.
JackChaos
JackChaos
Townie
JackChaos
Townie
Townie

Post Post #42 (isolation #1) » Tue Jan 10, 2017 5:41 pm

Post by JackChaos »

In post 22, Formerfish wrote:Hi Jack, first time ever playing?
ya sort of... I've played Town of Salem a little.
JackChaos
JackChaos
Townie
JackChaos
Townie
Townie

Post Post #43 (isolation #2) » Tue Jan 10, 2017 5:44 pm

Post by JackChaos »

In post 24, TierShift wrote:
In post 20, JackChaos wrote:Hello all it's lovely to meet you. Im totally new.
Hi, what do you think of the game so far?
I like it but I'm not sure who to vote and why and I'm worried I'm going to talk during day or night or screw something up.

I also don't know if I'm posting enough since I'm only checking this like once a day.
JackChaos
JackChaos
Townie
JackChaos
Townie
Townie

Post Post #45 (isolation #3) » Tue Jan 10, 2017 6:12 pm

Post by JackChaos »

I'll need to get this logged in with my phone. Btw your avatar picture is a book cover from a guy named Brian Lumley. The Necroscope series. One of my favorite book series growing up.
JackChaos
JackChaos
Townie
JackChaos
Townie
Townie

Post Post #49 (isolation #4) » Wed Jan 11, 2017 4:41 am

Post by JackChaos »

I have no idea how to go about this so, Formerfish seems pretty aggressive but I don't think aggressiveness in a game (at least with newbs) would imply he's scum. I think it would be someone playing it cool so... MooginSoosy seems pretty cool right now diverting attention away from him.

(how's that?)
JackChaos
JackChaos
Townie
JackChaos
Townie
Townie

Post Post #65 (isolation #5) » Wed Jan 11, 2017 4:16 pm

Post by JackChaos »

I'm going to go ahead and agree with Formerfish. The trial of Jin seems like a logical plan and seems to be rattling cages.
VOTE: Jin
JackChaos
JackChaos
Townie
JackChaos
Townie
Townie

Post Post #72 (isolation #6) » Wed Jan 11, 2017 5:26 pm

Post by JackChaos »

is that bad early game?
JackChaos
JackChaos
Townie
JackChaos
Townie
Townie

Post Post #116 (isolation #7) » Thu Jan 12, 2017 5:23 pm

Post by JackChaos »

I just spent the day arguing about Batman and now I think I am better prepared for this game.
JackChaos
JackChaos
Townie
JackChaos
Townie
Townie

Post Post #141 (isolation #8) » Fri Jan 13, 2017 5:46 pm

Post by JackChaos »

Okay... form reads. Moogin seems a newbie like me so mostly harmless ALTHOUGH THAT COULD be a total bluff and one of us could murder your granny with a hammer.

Formerfish seems really aggressive but I'm guessing he's just a grizzled veteran of forums mafia. He's probably a townie.
Fykus is super friendly so I'm going to have to assume he's a total serial killer irl maybe in game as well. Tiershift is a scholar and a gentleman. Nydushermain I don't know what to think. I rather like the pink checkered avatar but that's about all I know of them. Pep seems like he wants a fair game so probably a mafia member. Toto is quiet.
JackChaos
JackChaos
Townie
JackChaos
Townie
Townie

Post Post #142 (isolation #9) » Fri Jan 13, 2017 5:48 pm

Post by JackChaos »

In post 117, Pepchoninga wrote:
In post 116, JackChaos wrote:I just spent the day arguing about Batman and now I think I am better prepared for this game.
You don't argue about Batman, Batman argues about you!
Oh I have the ultimate Batman argument on how Batman is probably the worst villain of all but this probably isn't the place for it.
JackChaos
JackChaos
Townie
JackChaos
Townie
Townie

Post Post #184 (isolation #10) » Sat Jan 14, 2017 8:54 am

Post by JackChaos »

It seems to me like this game is built on paranoia and paranoia leads to bad judgement. We'd be better on random lynching first round and seeing how everyone reacts after.

That's just my two cents in gamerlogic.
JackChaos
JackChaos
Townie
JackChaos
Townie
Townie

Post Post #383 (isolation #11) » Mon Jan 16, 2017 6:01 pm

Post by JackChaos »

sorry guys. Had a weird weekend. I'm back
JackChaos
JackChaos
Townie
JackChaos
Townie
Townie

Post Post #384 (isolation #12) » Mon Jan 16, 2017 6:11 pm

Post by JackChaos »

Okay, caught up. Toto is so over the top I kind of think he's scum.

As for me being scum, for being away from the game, sorry to burst your bubble but no. I just had a busy weekend. Also I really need to log in to this on my phone. Then I can follow the game wherever.

I really doubt formerfish is scum, although he's seasoned as hell at this game so it's possible.
JackChaos
JackChaos
Townie
JackChaos
Townie
Townie

Post Post #385 (isolation #13) » Mon Jan 16, 2017 6:11 pm

Post by JackChaos »

VOTE: Toto
JackChaos
JackChaos
Townie
JackChaos
Townie
Townie

Post Post #387 (isolation #14) » Mon Jan 16, 2017 6:14 pm

Post by JackChaos »

Okay guys, I'm up on phone so I won't be so long between posts now
JackChaos
JackChaos
Townie
JackChaos
Townie
Townie

Post Post #437 (isolation #15) » Tue Jan 17, 2017 5:15 pm

Post by JackChaos »

In post 389, Toto wrote:
Smith. Replace me
wait what the hell? Did he just ragequit?
JackChaos
JackChaos
Townie
JackChaos
Townie
Townie

Post Post #438 (isolation #16) » Tue Jan 17, 2017 5:19 pm

Post by JackChaos »

In post 414, TierShift wrote:
In post 384, JackChaos wrote:Okay, caught up. Toto is so over the top I kind of think he's scum.
Why does being over the top make him scum, jack?
He wasn't explaining himself and he liked to be dramatic. It just didn't feel right... but hey it's my first game.
JackChaos
JackChaos
Townie
JackChaos
Townie
Townie

Post Post #439 (isolation #17) » Tue Jan 17, 2017 5:29 pm

Post by JackChaos »

This game is really exciting but I'm not sure I'm doing it right. It seems like you guys just make up bullshit then argue about it to see who cracks. I'm sure there's an actual strategy to it but I've never been much of a politician type so forgive me for floundering.

Here, I'll try.

RadiantCowbells what else would you say here? I mean you wouldn't come into the game and be like "oh ya guys woo I'm scum." You popped in and insulted the town and then was adamant about the slot not being scummy at all. Attack the people and make them doubt themselves and they'll never suspect you, right?

Nope.

You're scum. That slot is poison and you know it. You're drenched in it and the way I see it, either that slot drags you down now or it drags one of us down at night.
JackChaos
JackChaos
Townie
JackChaos
Townie
Townie

Post Post #501 (isolation #18) » Wed Jan 18, 2017 5:52 pm

Post by JackChaos »

In post 471, MooginSoosy wrote:These posts are just so similar how could this not be scummy
They were similar because in that post above I was talking about trying to learn how to play the game properly.

I was trying to mimic what you all were doing. You can argue that as scum but I'm just trying over here.
JackChaos
JackChaos
Townie
JackChaos
Townie
Townie

Post Post #502 (isolation #19) » Wed Jan 18, 2017 5:57 pm

Post by JackChaos »

In post 484, RadiantCowbells wrote:I had the same initial reaction to JackChaos but it was intended as a joke? which steals the bite of my scumread on that slot.
JackChaos why do you think that I'm scum?

Also yes my slot is obvtown and I say that as the poster child of hyper aggressive scum play making scum intent. Toto could not and would not have pulled that off as scum and it shouldn't take a genius to figure that out.

I think you're scum mostly because of how the other guy played you. I wasn't sure until your giant meltdown about playing this game 10 years and not wanting to be lynched as a townie and threatening to powerlynch fish, whatever that means.

Now I'm not sure you're scum but Im a bit concerned that, holy shit, you take this game super serious. Maybe it's the newbie in me but that sort of makes me want to lynch you more. :D No offense man.
JackChaos
JackChaos
Townie
JackChaos
Townie
Townie

Post Post #503 (isolation #20) » Wed Jan 18, 2017 6:03 pm

Post by JackChaos »

Guys I'm sorry if it seems like my heart is not in it. I'm just trying to grasp all of this. I'm not sure how you guys are getting reads or what you're looking for exactly.

Real talk: I have brain damage and I'm just trying to learn how to play. I'm sorry if I suck at it or if I'm ruining your reads by trying to fit in. I've barely played mafia.
JackChaos
JackChaos
Townie
JackChaos
Townie
Townie

Post Post #526 (isolation #21) » Thu Jan 19, 2017 4:25 pm

Post by JackChaos »

In post 508, MooginSoosy wrote:
In post 501, JackChaos wrote:
In post 471, MooginSoosy wrote:These posts are just so similar how could this not be scummy
They were similar because in that post above I was talking about trying to learn how to play the game properly.

I was trying to mimic what you all were doing. You can argue that as scum but I'm just trying over here.
Ok, so you wanted to copy what other people were doing. Why did you copy FF the most out of all the other players? a fair amount of us are newbies so I get not wanting to mimic us, but what about TS? Also, why didn't you vote for anyone even if you thought they were scum? I believe you thought pep was scum, do you still believe that?
I dunno. He seemed to have the best grasp of the game and was being a bit comical. What's wrong with that? I'm pretty sure no one comes into these games perfect the first time (or we probably wouldn't have newbie games right?)
JackChaos
JackChaos
Townie
JackChaos
Townie
Townie

Post Post #527 (isolation #22) » Thu Jan 19, 2017 4:28 pm

Post by JackChaos »

In post 525, RadiantCowbells wrote:I'm saying that any objective third party should have known that Toto was town. I will link you the correspondence between me and the mod before I had seen my role PM in postgame.
I am an objective third party but a newb. The game is based on paranoia and trying to get good reads on people. Toto seemed suspicious as hell. I don't know what you expect everyone else to say?

"Whoops. He seemed a straight shooter. Our bad." You jumped aboard a sinking ship and I'm sorry.
JackChaos
JackChaos
Townie
JackChaos
Townie
Townie

Post Post #570 (isolation #23) » Fri Jan 20, 2017 1:42 pm

Post by JackChaos »

In post 549, -Grey- wrote:
In post 141, JackChaos wrote:Okay... form reads. Moogin seems a newbie like me so mostly harmless ALTHOUGH THAT COULD be a total bluff and
one of us
could murder your granny with a hammer.
Bwuh?

Why would town even suggest they might be Scum themselves when talking about someone else?
In post 141, JackChaos wrote:O
Formerfish seems really aggressive but I'm guessing he's just a grizzled veteran of forums mafia. He's probably a townie.
Be honest. He's your buddy, isn't he?
In post 141, JackChaos wrote:O
Fykus is super friendly so I'm going to have to assume he's a total serial killer irl maybe in game as well. Tiershift is a scholar and a gentleman. Nydushermain I don't know what to think. I rather like the pink checkered avatar but that's about all I know of them. Pep seems like he wants a fair game so probably a mafia member. Toto is quiet.
Trash.
You came into this game acting like a big dick in a locker room (not that I've ever been that guy, just saying) but your read on me is about as far off as can be. So go ahead and vote me, lynch me and let's show the town how wrong you are.
JackChaos
JackChaos
Townie
JackChaos
Townie
Townie

Post Post #579 (isolation #24) » Fri Jan 20, 2017 3:03 pm

Post by JackChaos »

In post 573, -Grey- wrote:
In post 572, RadiantCowbells wrote:I'm somewhat uncomfortable with how hard Grey is townreading me since that doesn't seem like something that happens.
Relax, it started with Toto. Not you.

I was on the same wavelength with him and he was my strongest townread all the way.
Truth. I don't hate you RC, I just don't trust Toto.
JackChaos
JackChaos
Townie
JackChaos
Townie
Townie

Post Post #580 (isolation #25) » Fri Jan 20, 2017 3:04 pm

Post by JackChaos »

In post 576, -Grey- wrote:
In post 574, RadiantCowbells wrote:I mean, I guess. I also thought Toto's progression made a ton of sense and if FormerFish hadn't claimed PR I might be voting there tbh.

Why are you townreading Moogin so hard? Why the Fykus vote of all the slots you can vote?
Fykus and Jack are the only slots I can vote right now.

Pepcho and nydushermain are possibilities, but not more than them.

Moogin just reeks of newbtown to me.
I don't reek of newbtown? Fuck yea, science!
JackChaos
JackChaos
Townie
JackChaos
Townie
Townie

Post Post #586 (isolation #26) » Fri Jan 20, 2017 3:20 pm

Post by JackChaos »

In post 584, MooginSoosy wrote:Now what I'm confused about is how both fykus and jack are saying "hang me if you want you'll see you're wrong." That seems super suspicious? If you're town I feel like you shouldn't be so ready to hang, you should be fighting and trying to find someone who actually is scum in order to help the town win. If you're town and you just let yourself die, who does that help?
Naw it's my first game. If someone wants to think I'm scum and hang me, I'll laugh my ass off.
JackChaos
JackChaos
Townie
JackChaos
Townie
Townie

Post Post #587 (isolation #27) » Fri Jan 20, 2017 3:21 pm

Post by JackChaos »

In post 582, -Grey- wrote:
In post 577, RadiantCowbells wrote:I've gone back to leaning town on Fykus so that's a no go. I can tentatively support Jack though, so you should go over there.
Can do.

VOTE: JachChaos

I've been toying with the theory that the scumteam is one of my scumreads and one of my scumleans, so that works.
You better get that scummeter checked because it's on the fritz.
JackChaos
JackChaos
Townie
JackChaos
Townie
Townie

Post Post #590 (isolation #28) » Fri Jan 20, 2017 3:25 pm

Post by JackChaos »

In post 588, -Grey- wrote:
In post 586, JackChaos wrote:
In post 584, MooginSoosy wrote:Now what I'm confused about is how both fykus and jack are saying "hang me if you want you'll see you're wrong." That seems super suspicious? If you're town I feel like you shouldn't be so ready to hang, you should be fighting and trying to find someone who actually is scum in order to help the town win. If you're town and you just let yourself die, who does that help?
Naw it's my first game. If someone wants to think I'm scum and hang me, I'll laugh my ass off.
Fake.

I'd expect newbtown to be more nervous about screwing up and getting lynched early because newbtown equates death with losing the game.

This is scum posturing.
You seem pretty convinced of this fact. Didn't you replace Jin? Maybe you're scum and just hellbent on hanging me because I'm town. You seem pretty sure of yourself but your only real support is just slinging insults.
JackChaos
JackChaos
Townie
JackChaos
Townie
Townie

Post Post #592 (isolation #29) » Fri Jan 20, 2017 3:30 pm

Post by JackChaos »

In post 591, -Grey- wrote:
In post 590, JackChaos wrote:You seem pretty convinced of this fact. Didn't you replace Jin? Maybe you're scum and just hellbent on hanging me because I'm town. You seem pretty sure of yourself but your only real support is just slinging insults.
You aren't hunting for scum, here.

You're using a scum accusation as a weapon in an effort to intimidate me.
That's what you did to me, probably to take the stink eye off of yourself.
JackChaos
JackChaos
Townie
JackChaos
Townie
Townie

Post Post #594 (isolation #30) » Fri Jan 20, 2017 3:44 pm

Post by JackChaos »

In post 593, -Grey- wrote:
In post 592, JackChaos wrote:
In post 591, -Grey- wrote:
In post 590, JackChaos wrote:You seem pretty convinced of this fact. Didn't you replace Jin? Maybe you're scum and just hellbent on hanging me because I'm town. You seem pretty sure of yourself but your only real support is just slinging insults.
You aren't hunting for scum, here.

You're using a scum accusation as a weapon in an effort to intimidate me.
That's what you did to me, probably to take the stink eye off of yourself.
Shade casting and lack of vote shows you have no confidence in your words.
No. I have no idea who is who except that I suspected Toto and I know I'm not scum. You came at me pretty heavily for no good reason and you filled a role people were already voting before as scum so,

you seem pretty suspect to me.
JackChaos
JackChaos
Townie
JackChaos
Townie
Townie

Post Post #596 (isolation #31) » Fri Jan 20, 2017 3:52 pm

Post by JackChaos »

Oh.... okay then VOTE: -Grey-
JackChaos
JackChaos
Townie
JackChaos
Townie
Townie

Post Post #597 (isolation #32) » Fri Jan 20, 2017 3:52 pm

Post by JackChaos »

wait a minute you just want me to change my vote away from RC
JackChaos
JackChaos
Townie
JackChaos
Townie
Townie

Post Post #599 (isolation #33) » Fri Jan 20, 2017 4:00 pm

Post by JackChaos »

No I'll tell you what I think. I think we hit paydirt with our read on Toto. He was scum. RC comes along and is like "whatever I'm obvtown" and no one believed him but there's plenty of votes sitting on him. You jumped in here on another role that was scum and saw your partner being called out and decided to move some of the fire off of him so there's no scum lynch on the first day.
JackChaos
JackChaos
Townie
JackChaos
Townie
Townie

Post Post #600 (isolation #34) » Fri Jan 20, 2017 4:04 pm

Post by JackChaos »

Scattered votes on two of you and whoever else you convince to look elsewhere means no day 1 lynch on either of you, which benefits both of you if you are scum.

I think Jin and Toto were scum and you two are grasping at straws trying to get everyone to look elsewhere.
JackChaos
JackChaos
Townie
JackChaos
Townie
Townie

Post Post #603 (isolation #35) » Fri Jan 20, 2017 4:19 pm

Post by JackChaos »

In post 601, -Grey- wrote:Look at you, scrambling to reignite a wagon on town. :lol:
No you know what? It sure seems like you are trying to peel my vote off of RC and I wonder why... A lot of us had Toto pegged as scum. RCs defense to this, 'I'm obvtown. How could you not believe me? Oh you're all going to see postgame' That's not a very good defense.

You come along and you are like "Lets get everyone to stop aiming at RC." Why? If you know as much as the rest of us do on day 1 why are you SO convinced he's town? I think you're convinced he's scum just like the rest of us and you are scum too. So you took some of the heat off of him.

Let's ask everyone else what they think...?
JackChaos
JackChaos
Townie
JackChaos
Townie
Townie

Post Post #605 (isolation #36) » Fri Jan 20, 2017 4:21 pm

Post by JackChaos »

In post 602, -Grey- wrote:Jack, I'm in eight games right now.

And I still caught you d1.

How depressing is that?
Nope. Jin and Toto people were voting against because they might have been scum. You two replace them and you have to play clean up and all your insults and claims of "Oh well I'm obvtown," aren't actually any proof. You two are still acting strange as hell.

We all hit that shit on the head the first time.
JackChaos
JackChaos
Townie
JackChaos
Townie
Townie

Post Post #607 (isolation #37) » Fri Jan 20, 2017 4:24 pm

Post by JackChaos »

In post 604, -Grey- wrote:
In post 599, JackChaos wrote:No I'll tell you what I think. I think we hit paydirt with our read on Toto. He was scum. RC comes along and is like "whatever I'm obvtown" and no one believed him but there's plenty of votes sitting on him. You jumped in here on another role that was scum and saw your partner being called out and decided to move some of the fire off of him so there's no scum lynch on the first day.
If you honestly believed this to be true, you'd have moved your vote back to RC.
In post 606, -Grey- wrote:
In post 603, JackChaos wrote:I think you're convinced he's scum just like the rest of us and you are scum too.
Haha.

Scum doesn't need to be convinced that someone is Scum. This is not a town thought process.
Well it's my first game. I don't know if scum knows who each other is until nightfall. How is that not a town thought process...?

That argument sort of failed just now didn't it, scum?
JackChaos
JackChaos
Townie
JackChaos
Townie
Townie

Post Post #609 (isolation #38) » Fri Jan 20, 2017 4:25 pm

Post by JackChaos »

In post 604, -Grey- wrote:
In post 599, JackChaos wrote:No I'll tell you what I think. I think we hit paydirt with our read on Toto. He was scum. RC comes along and is like "whatever I'm obvtown" and no one believed him but there's plenty of votes sitting on him. You jumped in here on another role that was scum and saw your partner being called out and decided to move some of the fire off of him so there's no scum lynch on the first day.
If you honestly believed this to be true, you'd have moved your vote back to RC.
I might move it back but I think I've made a pretty convincing case here that you are scum as well. I'm gonna wait and see what everyone else thinks.
JackChaos
JackChaos
Townie
JackChaos
Townie
Townie

Post Post #612 (isolation #39) » Fri Jan 20, 2017 4:28 pm

Post by JackChaos »

In post 611, -Grey- wrote:
In post 609, JackChaos wrote:I might move it back but I think I've made a pretty convincing case here that you are scum as well. I'm gonna wait and see what everyone else thinks.
Town doesn't need popular consensus to decide where to vote.
Yes I do. I want everyone else's opinion on this. I think the town should want to work together on this and I think I've given them enough food for thought on it.

I think scum would want the town to not work together. That would benefit them.
JackChaos
JackChaos
Townie
JackChaos
Townie
Townie

Post Post #613 (isolation #40) » Fri Jan 20, 2017 4:29 pm

Post by JackChaos »

Therefore you are scum and most likely RC too.
JackChaos
JackChaos
Townie
JackChaos
Townie
Townie

Post Post #615 (isolation #41) » Fri Jan 20, 2017 4:36 pm

Post by JackChaos »

In post 614, -Grey- wrote:
In post 612, JackChaos wrote:Yes I do. I want everyone else's opinion on this. I think the town should want to work together on this and I think I've given them enough food for thought on it.

I think scum would want the town to not work together. That would benefit them.
Scum wants town opinion so they have something to blend in with.

Town MAKES the path that SCUM tries to follow.

You're looking for a path.
I think you and RC got caught slipping just now and I've said enough. I'll wait to hear what everyone else thinks.
JackChaos
JackChaos
Townie
JackChaos
Townie
Townie

Post Post #618 (isolation #42) » Fri Jan 20, 2017 4:44 pm

Post by JackChaos »

In post 616, -Grey- wrote:
In post 438, JackChaos wrote:
In post 414, TierShift wrote:
In post 384, JackChaos wrote:Okay, caught up. Toto is so over the top I kind of think he's scum.
Why does being over the top make him scum, jack?
He wasn't explaining himself and he liked to be dramatic. It just didn't feel right... but hey it's my first game.
Making excuse for your read for when RC flips town.

Something town doesn't need to do.

It shows a lack of confidence in your read which doesn't jibe with your constant doubling down on it.

This is the kind of stuff that gives you away.
I have plenty of confidence now that both you and RC are scum. If I have to die to prove that, fine, lynch me. Then the whole town will see that you two scummy guys were leading them astray and you'll die on day 2 and day 3. Town wins.
JackChaos
JackChaos
Townie
JackChaos
Townie
Townie

Post Post #621 (isolation #43) » Fri Jan 20, 2017 4:53 pm

Post by JackChaos »

In post 619, -Grey- wrote:Another scumtell for Jack: He's dead certain that he caught both scum on d1.

There's zero doubt in his posts. He's invested in selling his reads as being above reproach.

This is much more likely to come from newbscum with an agenda to push, because they naturally don't have any doubts. Newbtown is full of doubt and uncertainty.
Then lynch me and let's see if I'm lying and if you two don't hang on day 2 and 3.
JackChaos
JackChaos
Townie
JackChaos
Townie
Townie

Post Post #622 (isolation #44) » Fri Jan 20, 2017 4:54 pm

Post by JackChaos »

In post 620, -Grey- wrote:
In post 618, JackChaos wrote:If I have to die to prove that, fine, lynch me. Then the whole town will see that you two scummy guys were leading them astray and you'll die on day 2 and day 3.
Here's how I see it going down.

You're lynched. Your buddy nk's me because I'm never going to be mislynched after you flip scum, and I spend the rest of the game shoving this in your face in the dead thread.

Oh, welcome to the site btw.
JackChaos
JackChaos
Townie
JackChaos
Townie
Townie

Post Post #629 (isolation #45) » Fri Jan 20, 2017 7:49 pm

Post by JackChaos »

In post 628, nydushermain wrote:
In post 627, -Grey- wrote:Setup spec is useless busywork and that annoys me.

There is no purpose to it when we don't even have any hard claims to work with, so it's a waste of time that Scum can hide in.
Yeah but why the hostility when I was explaining to you why what you thought about my comment was wrong? Seems like an over reaction to me.
he gets really angry whenever you suggest it is Toto / RC which is curious as hell isn't it?
JackChaos
JackChaos
Townie
JackChaos
Townie
Townie

Post Post #635 (isolation #46) » Sat Jan 21, 2017 9:18 am

Post by JackChaos »

In post 634, nydushermain wrote:
In post 630, -Grey- wrote:
In post 628, nydushermain wrote:
In post 627, -Grey- wrote:Setup spec is useless busywork and that annoys me.

There is no purpose to it when we don't even have any hard claims to work with, so it's a waste of time that Scum can hide in.
Yeah but why the hostility when I was explaining to you why what you thought about my comment was wrong? Seems like an over reaction to me.
Refer to 627.
I'd argue that I've done the most in terms of trying to find scum.
I'd agree with that. I hadn't done much until recently. Finally got free time.
JackChaos
JackChaos
Townie
JackChaos
Townie
Townie

Post Post #938 (isolation #47) » Tue Jan 24, 2017 11:55 am

Post by JackChaos »

Christ sorry all. I'm here. let me catch up
JackChaos
JackChaos
Townie
JackChaos
Townie
Townie

Post Post #939 (isolation #48) » Tue Jan 24, 2017 12:06 pm

Post by JackChaos »

In post 905, Fykus wrote:Grey and RC are scumbuddies. Grey makes all of these if-then statements about RC's loyalties because he knows that Jack will flip town, thus "clearing" RC of being scum. Why not lynch RC and and if she turns out to be town then Jack is cleared, why does it have to be jack who gets the lynch?
^THIS. I keep telling you guys that those slots Grey and RC inherited were suspect for a reason. The reason Grey is pushing so hard to have my lynched is because I hit the nail on the head when I said he was trying to pull votes off of RC and scatter votes.

I'm actually not sure about RC anymore, maybe it's just because he's a better player than Toto seemed, but I'm damned sure Grey is pushing so hard to have a townie lynched because he's scum.

Go ahead and do it. Lynch me or RC. I'll take the hit if you want, but day 2 you better lynch Grey because he's orchestrated this whole thing.
JackChaos
JackChaos
Townie
JackChaos
Townie
Townie

Post Post #940 (isolation #49) » Tue Jan 24, 2017 12:09 pm

Post by JackChaos »

I know my word means nothing on day 1 but believe me, I'm town and if you lynch me, day 2 you had better put that knife on Grey's throat because he is suspect as hell and if you thumb back through this entire post, all of his "Oh I'm sure," "absolutely" "scummy as hell," comments are all complete bs and unfounded. We had good reads on those slots in the beginning of the game for good reason.
JackChaos
JackChaos
Townie
JackChaos
Townie
Townie

Post Post #941 (isolation #50) » Tue Jan 24, 2017 12:13 pm

Post by JackChaos »

In post 883, MooginSoosy wrote:phone
ya sorry about that. Caught bronchitis and spent all day sunday at the VA hospital. Since then I've just been draggin' ass.
JackChaos
JackChaos
Townie
JackChaos
Townie
Townie

Post Post #942 (isolation #51) » Tue Jan 24, 2017 12:22 pm

Post by JackChaos »

In post 931, RadiantCowbells wrote:If you do this and it flips a PR I am policy lynching you. I understand the value in such play but can't condone it in the newbie queue.
I hope so. His overconfidence is because he's completely full of it. Scroll back through the entire post and tell me where any of his accusations were true.

At one point I even said that I didn't know if mafia knew each other was mafia until nightfall (because that's how it is in the town of salem game.) He informed me that scum knows who scum are in the beginning of the game.

Sure an experienced player could be faking stuff like that but I've freely admitted that this is my first game of mafia scum and that I haven't played it much anywhere else but Town of Salem, and I've definitely been bumbling through this game so you tell me what is more feasible here:

-A new player is an epic scum player that faked that knowledge

-or that the guy, who inherited a suspect slot, is breeding all this contempt towards a new player to take eyes off himself?
JackChaos
JackChaos
Townie
JackChaos
Townie
Townie

Post Post #943 (isolation #52) » Tue Jan 24, 2017 12:24 pm

Post by JackChaos »

Either way, if I get lynched on day 1, all of his absolutes and accusations of pure scum towards me, better be held against him on day 2.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”