Newbie 1770: Water Game Over

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Pepchoninga
Pepchoninga
Mafia Scum
Pepchoninga
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #75 (ISO) » Wed Jan 11, 2017 8:31 pm

Post by Pepchoninga »

Hello all ^^ will be reading the pages and comming up with some content ^^
TierShift
TierShift
Jack of All Trades
TierShift
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #76 (ISO) » Wed Jan 11, 2017 10:19 pm

Post by TierShift »

An L-1 wagon isn't bad, no. It's actually good, it gives us something to analyse. For instance, I would say that jack and jin are not likely scumbuddies based on this. The more wagons we can analyse, the more we can say about certain players. So push for who you think is acting out of the ordinary, or someone who doesn't want to be noticed at all. Do you see such players, fykus?
nydushermain
nydushermain
Goon
nydushermain
Goon
Goon

Post Post #77 (ISO) » Thu Jan 12, 2017 2:43 am

Post by nydushermain »

Morning everyone. And god damn it....

VOTE: pep

Trust me. This is good for town.
MooginSoosy
MooginSoosy
Goon
MooginSoosy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #78 (ISO) » Thu Jan 12, 2017 2:50 am

Post by MooginSoosy »

Ok, so looking back here are things that I think are worth making note of:

Myself voting for jin, and I'm bringing it up now since I'm sure someone else will. I didn't know what rvs was at the time but I voted based on what fish was asking jin (why aren't you participating in rvs are you scum). I'm now realizing he was probably half joking with those questions...

Fykus giving a reason for voting for tiershift. No one else was giving reasons at this point and it was also his second post in the forum. It seemed like he was on the defense (which I guess most people would be if they're being voted for). Tiershift and fykus had a quick discussion about the exchange of votes and fykus decided to change his vote (but didnt yet) while tiershift changed his vote to jin. After that, fykus still brought up that there wasn't much going on the first day other than tiershift being somewhat aggressive about being voted for. It's interesting to me that fykus continues to be on the defense about tiershift despite the fact that tiershift changed his vote.

Tiershift changing his vote to jin and jack also voting for jin afterwards. Tiershift's vote came after formerfish explained why he was voting for jin and why it was good to question him, and jack specifically gave the reason that formerfish's "attack" seemed solid.

Have you played a game with pep before?
MooginSoosy
MooginSoosy
Goon
MooginSoosy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #79 (ISO) » Thu Jan 12, 2017 2:51 am

Post by MooginSoosy »

Also VOTE: fykus
nydushermain
nydushermain
Goon
nydushermain
Goon
Goon

Post Post #80 (ISO) » Thu Jan 12, 2017 2:55 am

Post by nydushermain »

@moogin YUP.

We actually both just finished a game together and he mishammered based on an impossible scenario. Like not an unlikely scenario, but literally an impossible scenario. (Will try to make a meaningful post when I finish with morning classes)
Pepchoninga
Pepchoninga
Mafia Scum
Pepchoninga
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #81 (ISO) » Thu Jan 12, 2017 5:15 am

Post by Pepchoninga »

In post 14, Secret Agent Jin wrote:
In post 11, Formerfish wrote:That sounds like something scum would say. You afraid to put a vote down on someone?
Im not no punk little boy on the school yard. I fought my entire life against people like you, i was fighting in a secret club beforr you were a twinkle in your daddy's eye. You wanna know where i was born boy? Huh? Well ill tell you.

Spoiler: This is your answer
Now this is a story all about how
My life got flipped-turned upside down
And I'd like to take a minute
Just sit right there
I'll tell you how I became the prince of a town called Bel-Air

In west Philadelphia born and raised
On the playground was where I spent most of my days
Chillin' out maxin' relaxin' all cool
And all shooting some b-ball outside of the school
When a couple of guys who were up to no good
Started making trouble in my neighborhood
I got in one little fight and my mom got scared
She said, "You're movin' with your auntie and uncle in Bel-Air.

I whistled for a cab and when it came near
The license plate said "Fresh" and it had dice in the mirror
If anything I could say that this cab was rare
But I thought, "Nah, forget it."
– "Yo, home to Bel-Air."

I pulled up to the house about 7 or 8
And I yelled to the cabbie, "Yo home smell ya later."
I looked at my kingdom
I was finally there
To sit on my throne as the Prince of Bel-Air

Actually i was born in detroit but thats neither here nor there.
The guy's creative.
Pepchoninga
Pepchoninga
Mafia Scum
Pepchoninga
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #82 (ISO) » Thu Jan 12, 2017 5:17 am

Post by Pepchoninga »

In post 19, Formerfish wrote:I'll be around if anyone wants to engage with me/dance.

I'm Formerfish by the way, one of you resident SE's or semi-experienced players. I am here to help you through the beginning of your time here at Mafia Scum. If you have any questions shoot them my way, or to any of the SE's and the IC.
You saying us non SE players can't help too O_o
Pepchoninga
Pepchoninga
Mafia Scum
Pepchoninga
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #83 (ISO) » Thu Jan 12, 2017 5:18 am

Post by Pepchoninga »

In post 23, Secret Agent Jin wrote:
In post 18, Formerfish wrote:
In post 14, Secret Agent Jin wrote:
In post 11, Formerfish wrote:That sounds like something scum would say. You afraid to put a vote down on someone?
Im not no punk little boy on the school yard. I fought my entire life against people like you, i was fighting in a secret club beforr you were a twinkle in your daddy's eye. You wanna know where i was born boy? Huh? Well ill tell you.

Spoiler: This is your answer
Now this is a story all about how
My life got flipped-turned upside down
And I'd like to take a minute
Just sit right there
I'll tell you how I became the prince of a town called Bel-Air

In west Philadelphia born and raised
On the playground was where I spent most of my days
Chillin' out maxin' relaxin' all cool
And all shooting some b-ball outside of the school
When a couple of guys who were up to no good
Started making trouble in my neighborhood
I got in one little fight and my mom got scared
She said, "You're movin' with your auntie and uncle in Bel-Air.

I whistled for a cab and when it came near
The license plate said "Fresh" and it had dice in the mirror
If anything I could say that this cab was rare
But I thought, "Nah, forget it."
– "Yo, home to Bel-Air."

I pulled up to the house about 7 or 8
And I yelled to the cabbie, "Yo home smell ya later."
I looked at my kingdom
I was finally there
To sit on my throne as the Prince of Bel-Air

Actually i was born in detroit but thats neither here nor there.
You going to actually answer the question? I could easily make this vote real.
Ill put a vote down.

VOTE: Down

In post 19, Formerfish wrote:I'll be around if anyone wants to engage with me/dance.

I'm Formerfish by the way, one of you resident SE's or semi-experienced players. I am here to help you through the beginning of your time here at Mafia Scum. If you have any questions shoot them my way, or to any of the SE's and the IC.
Hi, i am Jin, i am also an SE, future IC in the making, here to help you with serious answers. Feel free to ask the IC (TierShift i believe) any questions and if he doesnt jump on the question then i gladly will.
The vote seems forced.
Pepchoninga
Pepchoninga
Mafia Scum
Pepchoninga
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #84 (ISO) » Thu Jan 12, 2017 5:20 am

Post by Pepchoninga »

In post 25, Fykus wrote:VOTE: TierShift

Partially cause he voted for me, and partially because i dont think there would be 2 inexperienced scums on their first game (thered be 1 experienced person there to guide the other newbie).
This is very bad reason for a vote wich seems kinda serious (aka not RVS). This is probably explained tho.
Pepchoninga
Pepchoninga
Mafia Scum
Pepchoninga
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #85 (ISO) » Thu Jan 12, 2017 5:23 am

Post by Pepchoninga »

In post 28, Formerfish wrote:Jin. I am attempting to figure out your motivation in avoiding RVS. I did a quick dive into your ego search and saw that you don't always start your games this way, and that you have engaged in RVS before.

Why are you being so obstinate about RVS now? You seem like you've been around long enough to know that nonparticipation is frowned upon, and why that would be true.
I kinda don't understand why people think that refusal to participate in RVS (at least in fir ing wagons and all that) should be considered anti-town or at least THAT suspicious. People do tend to make a big deal about it, bur honestly, it is scum who want the RVS to go on as long as possible, as it gives them enough time to mash up with time and build up there mask.

I won't argue that RVS is a must in every game, since without it, it would be almost impossible to get the game truly started.
Pepchoninga
Pepchoninga
Mafia Scum
Pepchoninga
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #86 (ISO) » Thu Jan 12, 2017 5:27 am

Post by Pepchoninga »

In post 30, Secret Agent Jin wrote:
In post 28, Formerfish wrote:Jin. I am attempting to figure out your motivation in avoiding RVS. I did a quick dive into your ego search and saw that you don't always start your games this way, and that you have engaged in RVS before.

Why are you being so obstinate about RVS now? You seem like you've been around long enough to know that nonparticipation is frowned upon, and why that would be true.
I figured i would try out RSPS (Random Shit Posting Stage). I am shitpostng to mess with you. Plus i am semi-vla until the 17th visiting my daughter and i dont want to place a RVS vote and get busy with spending time with her, not be able to get back to unvote and have my vote lurkparked, then a quicklynch is run up on who i vote, and be on a townflip that was an RVS vote for me.
Ummm, this post is giving me strong scum vibes. Firstly as much as I enjoy the stage you call RSPS (I enjoy shit posting as a whole lol), saying that you do it to mess with people is exactly scum motivation. Also your reasoning behind why you not being to remove your RVS could be dangerous is really bad (not the fact that you are visiting your daughter, this is great ^^). I usually keep my RVS vote for a hella long time. Scum usually don't tend to quicklynch RVS wagons, as it is plain dumb and obvious.
Pepchoninga
Pepchoninga
Mafia Scum
Pepchoninga
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #87 (ISO) » Thu Jan 12, 2017 5:28 am

Post by Pepchoninga »

In post 36, Formerfish wrote:I figured as much, but I wanted to make sure.
I'm pretty sure that you need to have an encryptor for a day chat, or otherwise it would be mentioned in the OP. This is a strange question to ask IMO.
Pepchoninga
Pepchoninga
Mafia Scum
Pepchoninga
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #88 (ISO) » Thu Jan 12, 2017 5:31 am

Post by Pepchoninga »

In post 48, MooginSoosy wrote:So while we're asking questions, I'd like to know why formerfish is going after jin so much still after he explained he wasn't going to be around much until the 17th. I still think jin is being suspicious, but is it worth it to continue to question someone who isn't going to be around for a little while? Wouldn't it make more sense to also question other people rather than stick to one person in this phase?
The RVzs stage is practically over.
Pepchoninga
Pepchoninga
Mafia Scum
Pepchoninga
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #89 (ISO) » Thu Jan 12, 2017 5:35 am

Post by Pepchoninga »

In post 77, nydushermain wrote:Morning everyone. And god damn it....

Bish what ya doing, I barely posted?!
nydushermain
nydushermain
Goon
nydushermain
Goon
Goon

Post Post #90 (ISO) » Thu Jan 12, 2017 5:39 am

Post by nydushermain »

In post 13, MooginSoosy wrote:Hi everyone! Um, what does RVS stand for?

VOTE: Secret Agent Jin
In post 48, MooginSoosy wrote:So while we're asking questions, I'd like to know why formerfish is going after jin so much still after he explained he wasn't going to be around much until the 17th. I still think jin is being suspicious, but is it worth it to continue to question someone who isn't going to be around for a little while? Wouldn't it make more sense to also question other people rather than stick to one person in this phase?
These are his first 2 posts in regards to SAJ. He never explicitly states that SAJ is scummy to him, just votes during RVS which is understandable (because of RVS). Then he justifies his RVS vote by saying "I still think jin is being suspicious" without having substantiated the reason why earlier.
In post 78, MooginSoosy wrote:Ok, so looking back here are things that I think are worth making note of:

Myself voting for jin, and I'm bringing it up now since I'm sure someone else will. I didn't know what rvs was at the time but I voted based on what fish was asking jin (why aren't you participating in rvs are you scum). I'm now realizing he was probably half joking with those questions...

Fykus giving a reason for voting for tiershift. No one else was giving reasons at this point and it was also his second post in the forum. It seemed like he was on the defense (which I guess most people would be if they're being voted for). Tiershift and fykus had a quick discussion about the exchange of votes and fykus decided to change his vote (but didnt yet) while tiershift changed his vote to jin. After that, fykus still brought up that there wasn't much going on the first day other than tiershift being somewhat aggressive about being voted for. It's interesting to me that fykus continues to be on the defense about tiershift despite the fact that tiershift changed his vote.

Tiershift changing his vote to jin and jack also voting for jin afterwards. Tiershift's vote came after formerfish explained why he was voting for jin and why it was good to question him, and jack specifically gave the reason that formerfish's "attack" seemed solid.

Have you played a game with pep before?
Then he states that his reason for voting on SAJ was because fish was asking SAJ questions which has nothing to do with SAJ being scummy or not. It sounds like he's flipping on the read because fish was possibly trolling with his questions which contradicts him stating that SAJ was still suspicious. I don't think this is how a town thinks and I feel like Moogin may just be scum faking scum hunting.
nydushermain
nydushermain
Goon
nydushermain
Goon
Goon

Post Post #91 (ISO) » Thu Jan 12, 2017 5:43 am

Post by nydushermain »

In post 89, Pepchoninga wrote:
In post 77, nydushermain wrote:Morning everyone. And god damn it....

Bish what ya doing, I barely posted?!
Are you talking about this game or the one before? #burn
nydushermain
nydushermain
Goon
nydushermain
Goon
Goon

Post Post #92 (ISO) » Thu Jan 12, 2017 5:44 am

Post by nydushermain »

In post 87, Pepchoninga wrote:
In post 36, Formerfish wrote:I figured as much, but I wanted to make sure.
I'm pretty sure that you need to have an encryptor for a day chat, or otherwise it would be mentioned in the OP. This is a strange question to ask IMO.
What???? How could this be a strange thing to ask? We literally just played a game and you called me practically confirmed town for asking this very question in LyLo... and I was town...
nydushermain
nydushermain
Goon
nydushermain
Goon
Goon

Post Post #93 (ISO) » Thu Jan 12, 2017 5:45 am

Post by nydushermain »

Ignore above... I didn't ask in the prior game. I just assumed that there was a day chat.
MooginSoosy
MooginSoosy
Goon
MooginSoosy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #94 (ISO) » Thu Jan 12, 2017 5:55 am

Post by MooginSoosy »

I was really confused for a second with your post because all of the pronouns were he and I'm a she haha, just for clarification
nydushermain
nydushermain
Goon
nydushermain
Goon
Goon

Post Post #95 (ISO) » Thu Jan 12, 2017 6:02 am

Post by nydushermain »

In post 94, MooginSoosy wrote:I was really confused for a second with your post because all of the pronouns were he and I'm a she haha, just for clarification
I'm so sorry T.T. I just played a game where the people talked about most on days 1 and 2 didn't have their genders on their profile so I spent too much time focusing on gender ambiguous pronoun usage... now there's actually a girl in the game and it's the one time I decide not to check. Kms
MooginSoosy
MooginSoosy
Goon
MooginSoosy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #96 (ISO) » Thu Jan 12, 2017 6:18 am

Post by MooginSoosy »

I don't really care about that, I was just confused and it took a second to realize I was being talked about haha
MooginSoosy
MooginSoosy
Goon
MooginSoosy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #97 (ISO) » Thu Jan 12, 2017 6:25 am

Post by MooginSoosy »

Also, this is my first time playing so in regards to "this is how townies think" and "this is how scum thinks" there's not really a point of reference for me. I'm sure that sounds like a BS excuse. I just want to try to see anything that could be suspicious even if it's not and I'm overanalyzing. As I stated in my long rant, I realized that the initial questions were probably just joking around and I was definitely reading way too much into it. Therefore, I changed my vote to fykus (even though I'm probably overanalyzing that as well...)
nydushermain
nydushermain
Goon
nydushermain
Goon
Goon

Post Post #98 (ISO) » Thu Jan 12, 2017 6:38 am

Post by nydushermain »

In post 97, MooginSoosy wrote:Also, this is my first time playing so in regards to "this is how townies think" and "this is how scum thinks" there's not really a point of reference for me. I'm sure that sounds like a BS excuse. I just want to try to see anything that could be suspicious even if it's not and I'm overanalyzing. As I stated in my long rant, I realized that the initial questions were probably just joking around and I was definitely reading way too much into it. Therefore, I changed my vote to fykus (even though I'm probably overanalyzing that as well...)
Let me try to understand where you're coming from just to make sure. You're saying that you thought SAJ was scummy because of the questions being asked of him?
nydushermain
nydushermain
Goon
nydushermain
Goon
Goon

Post Post #99 (ISO) » Thu Jan 12, 2017 6:38 am

Post by nydushermain »

Not because of something he did explicitly?

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”