Newbie 1768: Party Mafia - Game over!

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #775 (ISO) » Fri Jan 27, 2017 11:58 am

Post by Titus »

In post 774, tojam2 wrote:@AS, I'm fine with you hammering, game's going stale so we might not get any closer to finding a partner today.
Yeah, the only thing you are finding is your own ego.
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

VLA Friday nights until Sunday morning.

All hail the Scum Empress!
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #776 (ISO) » Fri Jan 27, 2017 11:58 am

Post by Titus »

VLA until Monday.
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #777 (ISO) » Fri Jan 27, 2017 1:24 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 726, GuiltyLion wrote:can someone just hammer this please
"I think I no longer believe in monsters as faces in the floor or feral infants or vampires or whatever. I think at seventeen now I believe the only real monsters might be the type of liar where there's simply no way to tell. The ones who give nothing away"
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #778 (ISO) » Fri Jan 27, 2017 1:26 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 764, Sobolev Space wrote:GL - what is your opinion on the case on Revan?
which case specifically? bowdown's, Agent Sparkles', or the general abstract "case" of a summation of everyone's comments on his play?
"I think I no longer believe in monsters as faces in the floor or feral infants or vampires or whatever. I think at seventeen now I believe the only real monsters might be the type of liar where there's simply no way to tell. The ones who give nothing away"
Sobolev Space
Sobolev Space
Mafia Scum
Sobolev Space
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #779 (ISO) » Fri Jan 27, 2017 2:55 pm

Post by Sobolev Space »

@GL - the general abstract case. I just haven't seen many references to Revan in your posts and wanted to know what you thought of the discussion.

@Tojam - I'm also fine with lynching Titus today but would like to wait at least until Revan/EL get back from V/LA to give some final thoughts

For now GL looks town. My new lynch list is: Titus, Revan, Sparkles.

VOTE: Revan
Revan
Revan
Goon
Revan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #780 (ISO) » Sat Jan 28, 2017 6:57 am

Post by Revan »

Sobolev comes crashing in claiming that he's solved the game, and no one bats an eye?

This is unacceptable.

Please, Sobolev, enlighten us. I would love to know how you came to these conclusions, so maybe I will reach your level of play some day.

I'm pretty much caught up, this game is pretty dead. I will make a reads list this weekend.
"Savior, conqueror, hero, villain. You are all things, Revan… and yet you are nothing. In the end, you belong to neither the light nor the darkness. You will forever stand alone."
―Darth Malak to Revan
SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie

Post Post #781 (ISO) » Sat Jan 28, 2017 8:06 am

Post by SirCakez »

Votecount 2.7

Titus (3) - GuiltyLion, EccentricLemon, tojam2
Revan (2) - Agent Sparkles, Sobolev Space
GuiltyLion (1) - Titus

Not voting (1) - Revan

With 7 alive, it takes 4 votes to lynch someone.

Revan is V/LA until January 29.
EccentricLemon is V/LA until January 28.
Titus is V/LA until January 30.

(expired on 2017-02-01 15:04:00) remain until day end
Brian Skies - "
I just wanna say Cakez is an evil mod and this is an evil setup.
"

--------------------
Get to know a Cakez!
EccentricLemon
EccentricLemon
Goon
EccentricLemon
Goon
Goon
Location: Land of the meanies but also the home of the porkroll.

Post Post #782 (ISO) » Sat Jan 28, 2017 10:06 am

Post by EccentricLemon »

Revan, I don't see where Sobolev makes any sort of claim that she's got the game figured out. I agree that I'd prefer if she provided more evidence with her claims, but she does provide some basis for her opinions. It seems like what you're trying to do there is the same thing as Titus: try to exaggerate her claim to make it seem as ludicrous as possible so that people don't vote for you.

I've already given pretty conclusive final thoughts on Titus in post #771 and it still stands. So far everything Titus has said has supported my stance against her. I've never been against changing my opinions with new information, but the only new information I'm getting is in support of scum!Titus. My vote stays and I encourage those that haven't voted yet to reread GL's arguments and mine.
In post 766, tojam2 wrote:Time between those 2 quotes was 3 days, don't misrep that.
I'm not misrepresenting the fact that you claimed to have wanted me lynched and voted for basically everyone but me over the span of those three days when every little new material was being put forth.
Revan
Revan
Goon
Revan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #783 (ISO) » Sat Jan 28, 2017 10:11 am

Post by Revan »

In post 730, Sobolev Space wrote:Finished my read through.

VOTE: GuiltyLion

Lynch GL, Titus, Revan in any order -> Town win

GGs everyone. Looking forward to playing with you all in future games.
This doesn't read to you as a claim that they've solved the game?
"Savior, conqueror, hero, villain. You are all things, Revan… and yet you are nothing. In the end, you belong to neither the light nor the darkness. You will forever stand alone."
―Darth Malak to Revan
Sobolev Space
Sobolev Space
Mafia Scum
Sobolev Space
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #784 (ISO) » Sat Jan 28, 2017 10:17 am

Post by Sobolev Space »

@Revan - I've already given an explanation of my reads, I can go in further depth if you point out specific areas.

It's pretty clear I don't actually think I've solved the game - my read on GL has changed already and I'm working with everyone to get more information.

Do you feel that post is more likely to come from scum than town? If so why?
Revan
Revan
Goon
Revan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #785 (ISO) » Sat Jan 28, 2017 10:51 am

Post by Revan »

I'd like you to explain your Sparkles town read, please.

430 can come from a confident town or a scum that can fake confidence just as likely. NAI.
―Darth Malak to Revan
tojam2
tojam2
Goon
tojam2
Goon
Goon

Post Post #786 (ISO) » Sat Jan 28, 2017 11:23 am

Post by tojam2 »

In post 782, EccentricLemon wrote:Revan, I don't see where Sobolev makes any sort of claim that she's got the game figured out. I agree that I'd prefer if she provided more evidence with her claims, but she does provide some basis for her opinions. It seems like what you're trying to do there is the same thing as Titus: try to exaggerate her claim to make it seem as ludicrous as possible so that people don't vote for you.

I've already given pretty conclusive final thoughts on Titus in post #771 and it still stands. So far everything Titus has said has supported my stance against her. I've never been against changing my opinions with new information, but the only new information I'm getting is in support of scum!Titus. My vote stays and I encourage those that haven't voted yet to reread GL's arguments and mine.
In post 766, tojam2 wrote:Time between those 2 quotes was 3 days, don't misrep that.
I'm not misrepresenting the fact that you claimed to have wanted me lynched and voted for basically everyone but me over the span of those three days when every little new material was being put forth.
Now that is serious misrepping, over those 3 days I kept my vote on you, then I fled up my vote on AS
Sobolev Space
Sobolev Space
Mafia Scum
Sobolev Space
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #787 (ISO) » Sat Jan 28, 2017 11:49 am

Post by Sobolev Space »

@Revan - the case on Sparkles seemed mostly based on lurkiness which I didn't view as very scummy. Most of their posts seemed like actively trying to scumhunt which looks towny to me and I saw nothing overtly scum motivated.

Upon review my read on Sparkles became more null which is why they moved onto my lynch list.

I can go through Sparkles ISO to get more actual quotes if you want when I have time tomorrow.
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #788 (ISO) » Sat Jan 28, 2017 3:45 pm

Post by Titus »

Hey, I'm going to highlight the obvious here and move back to EL in case it's EL/SS.

SS has said lynch GL/Titus/Revan in any order, yet doesn't provide content on me and is attempting to divert attention. It looks like SS wants it both ways. I suspected Titus too but she was town, so let's follow her reads. Flip GL. Town loses.

VOTE: EL
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

tojam2
tojam2
Goon
tojam2
Goon
Goon

Post Post #789 (ISO) » Sat Jan 28, 2017 11:42 pm

Post by tojam2 »

Prodge, also no idea why I haven't done this already with all the alt facts EL has been giving VOTE: EL
Agent Sparkles
Agent Sparkles
Goon
Agent Sparkles
Goon
Goon

Post Post #790 (ISO) » Sun Jan 29, 2017 4:40 am

Post by Agent Sparkles »

Avoiding replacement until I can make a real post (didn't realize it was this long already)
Agent Sparkles
Agent Sparkles
Goon
Agent Sparkles
Goon
Goon

Post Post #791 (ISO) » Sun Jan 29, 2017 8:36 am

Post by Agent Sparkles »

In post 788, Titus wrote:Hey, I'm going to highlight the obvious here and move back to EL in case it's EL/SS.

SS has said lynch GL/Titus/Revan in any order, yet doesn't provide content on me and is attempting to divert attention. It looks like SS wants it both ways. I suspected Titus too but she was town, so let's follow her reads. Flip GL. Town loses.

1) This is only a plausible theory if you're town, which I really doubt at this point.
2) Assuming that I'm wrong: If Sobolev wanted to blindly follow a dead townie's reads and lynch GL, why did she move GL to a townread after nancy called GL out as definite scum? And what happened to this?
In post 712, Titus wrote:I am not voting anyone but those two. Period.
Tojam, what about the ones that Titus has been giving? Are her "shading nancy" and "you tricked them" comments less scummy?
Agent Sparkles
Agent Sparkles
Goon
Agent Sparkles
Goon
Goon

Post Post #792 (ISO) » Sun Jan 29, 2017 8:47 am

Post by Agent Sparkles »

In post 780, Revan wrote:Sobolev comes crashing in claiming that he's solved the game, and no one bats an eye?

This is unacceptable.

Please, Sobolev, enlighten us. I would love to know how you came to these conclusions, so maybe I will reach your level of play some day.

I'm pretty much caught up, this game is pretty dead. I will make a reads list this weekend.
Did you just ignore the 10 posts between this and her first one?
Revan
Revan
Goon
Revan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #793 (ISO) » Sun Jan 29, 2017 9:17 am

Post by Revan »

No, her other posts are irrelevant. Why do you ask?
―Darth Malak to Revan
Sobolev Space
Sobolev Space
Mafia Scum
Sobolev Space
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #794 (ISO) » Sun Jan 29, 2017 9:34 am

Post by Sobolev Space »

Nice work Sparkles. Keep it up and you're off the lynch list. Although I doubt we're getting that far anyway.

@Revan - what is your read on Titus? If we get to the deadline with Titus at L-1 would you be willing to hammer?
Revan
Revan
Goon
Revan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #795 (ISO) » Sun Jan 29, 2017 9:53 am

Post by Revan »

I'm having a really tough time reading Titus. I would only hammer if it was near DL. Town flip, I wild lynch EL D3.
―Darth Malak to Revan
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #796 (ISO) » Sun Jan 29, 2017 9:57 am

Post by Titus »

In post 791, Agent Sparkles wrote:
In post 788, Titus wrote:Hey, I'm going to highlight the obvious here and move back to EL in case it's EL/SS.

1) This is only a plausible theory if you're town, which I really doubt at this point.
2) Assuming that I'm wrong: If Sobolev wanted to blindly follow a dead townie's reads and lynch GL, why did she move GL to a townread after nancy called GL out as definite scum? And what happened to this?
In post 712, Titus wrote:I am not voting anyone but those two. Period.
Tojam, what about the ones that Titus has been giving? Are her "shading nancy" and "you tricked them" comments less scummy?
I was not wanting anyone to try and sell me on the obvious town lynches that have been put forth in Revan, Nancy and toejam. I'm just fed up and frustrated with garbage pushes. Like really? What do I gotta do to get town to stop lynching obvious town?

I left and cooled down a bit. I still feel that the majority of this town is chasing its tail.

The timing is key. By blindly following my reads, then SS would just coast on mislynches and whoops.
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Sobolev Space
Sobolev Space
Mafia Scum
Sobolev Space
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #797 (ISO) » Sun Jan 29, 2017 10:23 am

Post by Sobolev Space »

@Revan - do you deny that Titus has been misrepresenting people all game? Or do you just think that this is NAI?

@Titus - in post it sounded like Revan was your third biggest scumread. Now you claim that Revan is obvious town. What changed?
Sobolev Space
Sobolev Space
Mafia Scum
Sobolev Space
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #798 (ISO) » Sun Jan 29, 2017 10:25 am

Post by Sobolev Space »

@Revan - also, who would you like to see lynched today?
SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie

Post Post #799 (ISO) » Sun Jan 29, 2017 4:14 pm

Post by SirCakez »

Votecount 2.8

Titus (2) - GuiltyLion, EccentricLemon
Revan (2) - Agent Sparkles, Sobolev Space
EccentricLemon (2) - Titus, tojam2

Not voting (1) - Revan

With 7 alive, it takes 4 votes to lynch someone.

Revan is V/LA until January 29.
Titus is V/LA until January 30.

(expired on 2017-02-01 15:04:00) remain until day end
Brian Skies - "
I just wanna say Cakez is an evil mod and this is an evil setup.
"

--------------------
Get to know a Cakez!

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”