Newbie 1728: Training Your Dragon Mafia [Game Over]

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Maverick1102
Maverick1102
Goon
Maverick1102
Goon
Goon

Post Post #400 (ISO) » Wed Jul 27, 2016 6:32 am

Post by Maverick1102 »

In post 382, RyanK wrote:
In post 27, Maverick1102 wrote:That was productive.

What do you think about mine and cobalt's interactions? And the RQS as a whole thus far?
Why would you asked for people's opinions on your interactions with PhantomCobalt? Trying to cover up something with those? VOTE: Maverick1102
If I wanted to cover something up in RQS, why would I specifically ask someone to comment on it?

Just apply some thought before you vote for goodness sake. Your wishywashy voting is erratic, mindless and unhelpful at best.
0x40
0x40
Goon
0x40
Goon
Goon

Post Post #401 (ISO) » Wed Jul 27, 2016 6:35 am

Post by 0x40 »

In post 399, Maverick1102 wrote:Hi Vedith! Cobalt is scum.
Who do you think his partner is?
Maverick1102
Maverick1102
Goon
Maverick1102
Goon
Goon

Post Post #402 (ISO) » Wed Jul 27, 2016 6:47 am

Post by Maverick1102 »

Leaning Vedith (Rustys slot) or Ryan K.
PhantomCobalt
PhantomCobalt
Mafia Scum
PhantomCobalt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #403 (ISO) » Wed Jul 27, 2016 7:00 am

Post by PhantomCobalt »

In post 398, 0x40 wrote:
In post 397, PhantomCobalt wrote:0x40 can you explain your Ryan and me scum read?
Your refusal to answer some very legitimate questions people have asked you, and the whole voting fiasco. I never said I had a scumread on Ryan, but I kinda do have a slight scumread because a large portion of the things he's said has been useless. At some points it really does seem like he's doing his best to find scum, though. He's the hardest one to get a good read on by far in my opinion.
Oh my bad, your Vax scumread
Speed don't lie.
CC
PhantomCobalt
PhantomCobalt
Mafia Scum
PhantomCobalt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #404 (ISO) » Wed Jul 27, 2016 7:03 am

Post by PhantomCobalt »

Mav's tunneling and confidence can't come from scum

@Mav how about we lynch Vedith, then we can talk D2, you can still lynch me if you think I would powerbus my scumbuddy
Speed don't lie.
CC
Maverick1102
Maverick1102
Goon
Maverick1102
Goon
Goon

Post Post #405 (ISO) » Wed Jul 27, 2016 7:27 am

Post by Maverick1102 »

I do think you would do that.
reso
reso
Goon
reso
Goon
Goon

Post Post #406 (ISO) » Wed Jul 27, 2016 7:28 am

Post by reso »

I'll start with RyanK, I guess. He's been the easiest person to read this game so far.

While going through RyanK's ISO, I actually found his Post #193/Iso #52 pretty interesting, because of how I typically perceive how Newbie games are set up. I am of the understanding that the mafia is typically composed one experienced player and one newer player so the experienced player can more or less guide/teach the newbie on mafia play. I think it's also worth pointing out that, with the exception of his vote on me in Post #180/Iso #42 (because I more or less goaded him into it) and Vaxkiller in Post #124/Iso #26 (for the sake of a reaction????), all of his votes and actual suspicions up to this point were for either the IC or the SE's. If I were the mafia, the easy way to win a newbie game would be to first slow down the amount of useful information getting into the thread, and the easiest way to do that would be to get rid of those with the experience. Also worth noting, it took a 12 post period of time for him to voice who he thought was scum and actually voting for said scum suspects.

And he goes and does a decent amount of analyzing and countering and scum searching afterwards, but then we get to his #381/Iso #101:
In post 381, RyanK wrote:VOTE: innocentvillager. Random voting again.
You did a great deal of arguing and conversing, and you just don't have leads or thoughts about anyone??? And so you resort to random voting again??? You even made a list of who is most likely to be scum in Post #303/Iso #82, and you still revert to 'random voting'? This is most questionable indeed. Also worth noting that all of your 'random' votes have been of IV (except for that very first one, but you quickly switched to a vote for IV in the post after).
PhantomCobalt
PhantomCobalt
Mafia Scum
PhantomCobalt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #407 (ISO) » Wed Jul 27, 2016 7:29 am

Post by PhantomCobalt »

In post 405, Maverick1102 wrote:I do think you would do that.
Well I don't care if I get lynched D2, as long as we hit scum D1
Speed don't lie.
CC
Maverick1102
Maverick1102
Goon
Maverick1102
Goon
Goon

Post Post #408 (ISO) » Wed Jul 27, 2016 7:29 am

Post by Maverick1102 »

Given that you're currently pushing on the slot based on the fact that he replaced out tells me you're fishing for anything to jump onto. I want you gone from the game now.
PhantomCobalt
PhantomCobalt
Mafia Scum
PhantomCobalt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #409 (ISO) » Wed Jul 27, 2016 7:45 am

Post by PhantomCobalt »

Here's my Rusty slot case:

1. Quickhammered/Vote hopping for no reason
2. Flaked
3. PoE
Speed don't lie.
CC
Maverick1102
Maverick1102
Goon
Maverick1102
Goon
Goon

Post Post #410 (ISO) » Wed Jul 27, 2016 7:52 am

Post by Maverick1102 »

A quickhammer that you set up.
You've jumped on most half wagons today.
PoE? Your last readslist had 5 or 6 scumreads!

SCUM!
PhantomCobalt
PhantomCobalt
Mafia Scum
PhantomCobalt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #411 (ISO) » Wed Jul 27, 2016 8:06 am

Post by PhantomCobalt »

In post 326, PhantomCobalt wrote:
Rusty, scum lean - Mostly fluff, VI

innocentvillager, scumlean - Earlier posts make me think scum, but later ones show very genuine reactions

hiplop, scum - Lurking
Speed don't lie.
CC
PhantomCobalt
PhantomCobalt
Mafia Scum
PhantomCobalt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #412 (ISO) » Wed Jul 27, 2016 8:06 am

Post by PhantomCobalt »

Where does the number 5 or 6 come from 3?
Speed don't lie.
CC
PhantomCobalt
PhantomCobalt
Mafia Scum
PhantomCobalt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #413 (ISO) » Wed Jul 27, 2016 8:09 am

Post by PhantomCobalt »

Guys if i get lynched don't go after Mav, I'm almost certain that me vs. him is TvT
Speed don't lie.
CC
Maverick1102
Maverick1102
Goon
Maverick1102
Goon
Goon

Post Post #414 (ISO) » Wed Jul 27, 2016 8:14 am

Post by Maverick1102 »

In post 326, PhantomCobalt wrote: 0x40, scum lean - Actively scumhunting, which is good, but with terrible logic that he thinks is okay

Rusty, scum lean - Mostly fluff, VI

innocentvillager, scumlean - Earlier posts make me think scum, but later ones show very genuine reactions

Maverick1102, scumlean - Tunneling, weak logic, doesn't read and just skims then makes accusations

hiplop, scum - Lurking

My lynch candidates for today:
0x40, hiplop

VOTE: hiplop
For those interested, this is the full list of scumreads from his last post.
Maverick1102
Maverick1102
Goon
Maverick1102
Goon
Goon

Post Post #415 (ISO) » Wed Jul 27, 2016 8:14 am

Post by Maverick1102 »

So now we add Lynch All Liars to the reasons Cobalt needs to hang.
PhantomCobalt
PhantomCobalt
Mafia Scum
PhantomCobalt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #416 (ISO) » Wed Jul 27, 2016 8:18 am

Post by PhantomCobalt »

In post 404, PhantomCobalt wrote:Mav's tunneling and confidence can't come from scum
In post 385, PhantomCobalt wrote:UNVOTE:
I could've explained my 0x40 scumread retraction, but you're ignoring the 2 scumreads I had in my list that turned into townreads
Speed don't lie.
CC
PhantomCobalt
PhantomCobalt
Mafia Scum
PhantomCobalt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #417 (ISO) » Wed Jul 27, 2016 8:19 am

Post by PhantomCobalt »

I feel like Mav is reading half the game rn, which is very anti-town, argghhh
Speed don't lie.
CC
reso
reso
Goon
reso
Goon
Goon

Post Post #418 (ISO) » Wed Jul 27, 2016 8:21 am

Post by reso »

0x40 spent a lot of time arguing about the scummyness of Vaxkiller based off Vax's use of 'has to be'. I've already stated my opinion on this topic. And I still think it was an incredible case of tunneling. It's made making a case against him harder because there was just so much on this topic alone.

In his Post #396, he lists his scumspects. I understand that 0x40 and PhantomCobalt had butted against each other quite a lot in the argument of Vax's wording, but I haven't noticed any other significant reasons for 0x40 suspecting PhantomCobalt. 0x40, please point these other reasons if they exist.

*stares at Phantom and Maverick*
I AM ABSOLUTELY SAVING YOU TWO FOR second LAST.
My head hurts even more just thinking about it.
Maverick1102
Maverick1102
Goon
Maverick1102
Goon
Goon

Post Post #419 (ISO) » Wed Jul 27, 2016 8:26 am

Post by Maverick1102 »

The point was you tried to undermine my argument by altering a quotation of your own post. Now that I've brought to attention the fact that you misquoted yourself you're backtracking, Cobalt.
reso
reso
Goon
reso
Goon
Goon

Post Post #420 (ISO) » Wed Jul 27, 2016 8:44 am

Post by reso »

I have nullreads for Vaxkiller, hiplop, and innocentvillager. I don't think that activity (or a lack of) is very AI. There's really not much the contributions of Vaxkiller and hiplop to talk about.

While IV does have more to talk about, it really doesn't feel like much more. He's ignored the majority of my questions regarding what I thought of my link of RyanK between himself. I still think his Post #70/Iso #10 is weird. He has more coming up, so I can for that to come out.
PhantomCobalt
PhantomCobalt
Mafia Scum
PhantomCobalt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #421 (ISO) » Wed Jul 27, 2016 8:58 am

Post by PhantomCobalt »

In post 419, Maverick1102 wrote:The point was you tried to undermine my argument by altering a quotation of your own post. Now that I've brought to attention the fact that you misquoted yourself you're backtracking, Cobalt.
You're the one misrepresenting me saying that I had 5-6 scumreads when I posted my rusty case
Speed don't lie.
CC
Vaxkiller
Vaxkiller
Jack of All Trades
Vaxkiller
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #422 (ISO) » Wed Jul 27, 2016 9:02 am

Post by Vaxkiller »

In post 418, reso wrote:In his Post #396, he lists his scumspects. I understand that 0x40 and PhantomCobalt had butted against each other quite a lot in the argument of Vax's wording, but I haven't noticed any other significant reasons for 0x40 suspecting PhantomCobalt. 0x40, please point these other reasons if they exist.
This is why I asked 0x40 his thoughts on the next scummiest person... was trying to see if he would pick up on what cobalt said... he obviously failed...

@RyanK I pegged you as scum from the beginning, then you turned around and actually provided valuable insight and good scum hunting, I thought maybe I was wrong, maybe he really is town... but now your just muddying the waters again and being all over the place!
0x40
0x40
Goon
0x40
Goon
Goon

Post Post #423 (ISO) » Wed Jul 27, 2016 9:03 am

Post by 0x40 »

In post 418, reso wrote:I haven't noticed any other significant reasons for 0x40 suspecting PhantomCobalt. 0x40, please point these other reasons if they exist.
In the newbie format here on MS, there are 5 "newbies" among the 9 players. That's 5 possible VIs, one of which was pretty much confirmed to be a VI at that point. Acting completely oblivious to this fact, PhantomCobalt proceeded to vote someone to L-1, without even stating that it's L-1, and then goes on to pretend as if all that never really happened. There's also his meta argument that turned out to be complete bullshit, that he then explains by him not being serious.
Vedith
Vedith
Survivor
Vedith
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #424 (ISO) » Wed Jul 27, 2016 9:03 am

Post by Vedith »

Okay, so this is what I have.

Maverick1102
- I like the pushing Phantom. It could be a case of going for the primary lynch but he's spot on with his questions about Phantom - How is Phantom not lynched?! I do worry that you are tunnel visioned only on Phantom, can you provide reads of others? Remember, there are 2 scum.

reso
- I feel the reaction to the L1 was over exaggerated. What I didn't like though, was the voting before hand and putting RyanK and IV as his suspects with the impression that he doesn't care who is lynched from them. The reasoning was bad as well, because he used him in an example. I didn't feel that he was trying to pressure with his vote, so I'm not sure what he was hoping for by voting other than looking town. His stops voting IV (keeping in mind he barley mentions him, even though his vote is still on IV) and turns to Maverick briefly. Giving a 3 strike policy lynch rule is terrible and anti town. Policy lynches are always anti town imo (Go on, challenge me with that comment!).
/ I don't like how these posts are presented. It's like he was trying to distance himself from the wagon before the flip. If he was that angry, he would gave pressured instead of giving out a warning. Hammering so soon in the day is a strong scum tell generally(I don't believe that he realised it was a hammer).

0x40
- The "slip" is hardly a slip at all. VaxKiller is wrong, however, it doesn't mean that it's a slip at all. By your comment you are saying that you agree that RyanK is scum with VaxKiller. If that's the case, then why are you not voting RyanK instead of VaxKiller? If you doubt at all that RyanK is scum, then your entire argument here is flawed. Also, going by the comment, it can be taken in many ways... Town can be so sure (not a good idea, but happens) that someone is scum that they put all their bets there. This was mean that RyanK would be the better vote from VaxKiller based on your argument. Nothing else really stands out, I can see you have somewhat experience, but I'm assuming that slip ups occur differently from where you play.
Your other body did not post - Null

VaxKiller
- - This post in town mindset. I don't agree with it, because his argument is why didn't Phantom pretend he didn't see? Town credit for a start. I like the reasoning and options he gave though. Issue here is, only issue is that he gave 2/3 scenarios where Phantom is scum but automatically went for the mostly likely scum action for the L2 vote alone. This read is currently null overall but I still really like the post.
Pushy the game forward getting people to look else where. :up: :up:

InnocentVillager
- His push was too quick. He opened the game strongly, he gave reason to discuss. Scum prefer a slow paced less talking town, it helps them hide, the fact he pushed this straight away is good.
His reaction to his wagon was perfectly fine. There was lack of reason to put him that far ahead instantly anyway. He reacted to the L1 from Phantom, which is good but I'm a little surprised he didn't back it up more. - Basically poking the 2 people that could easily lynch him off if they want. As scum, there's no need to give multiple targets a reason to question you or vote you, here he was giving them a reason to push back on, which luckily wasn't taken. Would like to see a catch up post from IV as due to his V/LA content slowed down.

RyanK
- I quite like as a townlean. I like that he challenges HipLop and Maverick. And so right he should there. Personally, I like when a newbie challenges the IC. A lot would find them intimidating due to their status. As newbie scum, do you really want to get into a debate with an IC? (Keep in mind, I don't see IC as any difference to SE players on their knowledge with the site / games, but that's after you get a feel for the game).

HipLop
- Only person I've played with here. Standard readings I have trouble with him. I find his late game is stronger than early but not sure if I buy the IV meaning something else thought. Not a lot on here but I'd like to see more interaction.
Not a fan of his reads yet, would like to here his opinion on Colbalt.

PhantomCobalt
- In no way shape or form would Colbalt and IV be scum together, just want to throw that out there. Puts IV onto L1 (Yes I know this has been mentioned) and doesn't react to his own mistake, only to my other body. However, he has been caught out on a lie.
/ - He reacts as if the hammer went through. Keep in mind
both
posts are at the same time.
Then to follow up, he posts this - / .
Now, who acts like that to putting someone to L1 and removes their vote?Keep in mind this slot is an SE, L1 happens all the time, and if you don't like it, you simply unvote and question to why they put them to L1, not react like this. Also, the first thing I did reading the game was look to see if my other bodies votes were ever taken, I suspect that the other SE and IC done this as it's standard on this site. I suspect that he fully knew that Rusty's vote didn't count and unvoted for the town credit.
You have to keep in mind this post - He says here that SE's do not react to wagons as they know they will not be lynched 99% of the time. Why would it differ from lynching a newbie to an SE, the odds are still the same (if not less).
My other body left quite a while ago, Phantom didn't vote form him site flaking, as soon as I came in and said I will be voting him, he automatically pushes back to me with a weak reason (considering again, he is an SE).
His other reasons are POE - meaning he has decided who town is already, and the hammer that never worked is a terrible reason.
I see no actual scum hunting going on.

Link up wise... I'm not too sure. Possibly Cobalt and 0x40, but I feel that's too obvious. Plus I have stronger reads on Phantom and Reso for scum.

VOTE: PhantomCobalt

That is L1.
I claim scum \o/

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”