Codenames (Game 19: Haschel's team vs StrangerCoug's team)

This forum is for playing games other than Mafia and Mafia variants.
Felissan
Goon

Pronoun: She

Post Post #0  (ISO)  » Thu Oct 18, 2018 9:09 pm

SPELLNOTECELLREVOLUTIONEUROPE
MOLECANADATAILBUGLEBEAR
CONCERTFORKICE CREAMLABTRIANGLE
CROSSBEACHLOCKHORSETRAIN
SERVEREGYPTWHALEAFRICAFENCE

TeamSpymasterField operatives
Blue teamHaschel CedricsonPine, the worst, Not Known 15
Red teamStrangerCougJames Brafin, Formerfish, Charles510

RULES
  1. The game will be played to the rules listed here. (The rules are also known to be available in many other languages if you feel more comfortable reading them in one of those—click here, then click on the flag associated with the other language. Just be aware that the game will be played in English.) The rest of these rules are additions and clarifications by me only.
  2. On the key cards sent to the spymasters as well as in the thread reveal, red and blue codenames indicate that color team's agents, bolded gray indicates the assassin. (Innocent bystanders have no color formatting, but in the reveal, they will be stricken out to distinguish them from codenames not guessed yet.) The locations of each team's agents as well as that of the assassin is random, and the key may or may not correspond to a key card in the actual board game—this is partly because I don't have a physical copy of the game and partly to make it harder for more experienced players of the game.
  3. Guesses must be bolded and/or preceded by the word "GUESS" on a new line to count. (If you wish to pass instead of guessing, the word "pass" must be bolded or by itself on a new line.) Clues, however, can be in any format that makes it clear to everyone that it is so.
  4. You can guess more than one codename at a time if you wish so long as they're in the order you want me to process them. For example, if you put GUESS: ALPHA, BETA, GAMMA, and ALPHA is one of your agents but BETA isn't, I can't tell you anything about GAMMA (unless BETA costs you the game).
  5. Spymasters are not permitted to post in the thread except to give clues. There are two categories of exceptions to this:
    1. If a spymaster gives an illegal clue, the opponent spymaster may give away one of their agents for free prior to giving their clue. Again, I only care about clear formatting. (If a spymaster gives an illegal clue while the opposing team is one agent away from winning the game, I will call it under the assumption that this rule will be invoked to obtain the win.)
    2. I reserve the right to declare the spymasters my temporary backup mods in the event I anticipate being V/LA, and they in turn have the right to act as backup mods without my saying so if I go 48 hours without a post in this thread. In practice, I allow spymasters to say whether field operatives' guesses are right or wrong even if I'm not V/LA or I posted in thread in the last 48 hours in the interest of keeping the game moving.
    If a spymaster has a question, they should PM me.
  6. Field operatives may discuss clues with each other if they so wish, but they must do so in thread—getting help from outside the thread is not allowed, nor is help permitted from anyone not participating in the current game. (As a matter of fact, when in doubt, you should treat the currently ongoing match like you would a Mafia game.) Further, spymasters are not allowed to give their field operatives any further help than their clues. However, discussion of strategy is permitted in between games (as well as prior to the first game) by anyone regardless of whether they played the last game or intend to play the next one.
  7. I'm willing to let you pick teammates and even whether you want to be red or blue; just post something to that effect. No more than four players can be on a team, however. If you have no preference what team you're on or what team color you get, it will be chosen at random for you.
  8. The role of spymaster is by agreement once teams are determined. If a team does not agree on a spymaster within a reasonable time frame, one will be chosen at random among those that have not declined to be the spymaster. (If everybody on a team declines to be spymaster, then nobody's request not to be the spymaster will be honored for that team. Somebody's got to do the dirty work :P)
  9. By default, the flexible rules described on page 7 are not in play. (Both expert clue rules are guaranteed to be in play, however.) At least 75% of the players must agree prior to the game starting if they would like to use any or all of the flexible rules, and it is in effect only for that game. Any flexible rule that fails to get 75% approval is not used. (I may grant exceptions to this for rules that prove so popular that I believe it's more productive to simply allow it unless more than 25% of the players of a game object. As of July 24, 2019, this currently applies to the acronyms and abbreviations rule and the homonyms rule.)
  10. If a spymaster goes 48 hours without giving a clue or a team of field operatives goes 48 hours without a guess, I will issue a prod. If you are prodded, you must give a clue or make a guess (as appropriate to your role) within 24 hours or your team loses its turn. I reserve the right to force-replace any player I believe to have flaked.

GAME HISTORY
The team listed first is the first team; the team member listed first on each team is the spymaster.
: VashtaNeurotic, Adorabebs, mallowgeno, and Charles510 vs. Vijarada, McMenno, Formerfish, and CreativeMod1
: Formerfish, Felissan, xofelf and 2 718281828459 vs. Charles510, James Brafin, Adorabebs, and Flicker
: Inferno390, Charles510, and xofelf vs. James Brafin, randomidget, and Formerfish
: Felissan, Mewtaph, and xofelf vs. Flicker, Charles510, and Inferno390
: Charles510, Inferno390, Agent Sparkles, and Mewtaph vs. xofelf, Formerfish, Felissan, and Flicker
: the worst, Inferno390, Formerfish, and xofelf vs. Agent Sparkles, Egix96, Panzerjager, and Allomancer
: Inferno390, Felissan, the worst, and xofelf vs. Allomancer, Charles510, Panzerjager, and Agent Sparkles
: Felissan, Gammagooey, Allomancer, and Panzerjager vs. Agent Sparkles, Formerfish, xofelf, and Charles510
: Allomancer, Felissan, Charles510, and Panzerjager vs. Gammagooey, the worst, Inferno390, and Formerfish
: Panzerjager, BuJaber, Reundo, and Chemist1422 vs. the worst, Flicker, Felissan, and Formerfish
: Allomancer, Chemist1422, BuJaber, and Reundo vs. VashtaNeurotic, xofelf, Formerfish, and the worst
: Allomancer, xofelf (who replaces Felissan), the worst, and Chemist1422 vs. BuJaber, Panzerjager, Formerfish, and Iconeum
: Chemist1422, Allomancer, Bujaber, and Panzerjager vs. VashtaNeurotic, the worst, xofelf, and Formerfish
: Haschel Cedricson, Felissan, Pine, and Panzerjager vs. BuJaber, Ircher, Formerfish, and Allomancer
: Haschel Cedricson, the worst, Chemist1422, and popsofctown vs. Pine, Inferno390, Formerfish, and Felissan
: Haschel Cedricson, Pine, Kagami, and OkaPoka vs. Not Known 15, Felissan, Chemist1422, and Panzerjager
: Inferno390, Formerfish, the worst, and Not Known 15 vs. popsofctown, xofelf, OkaPoka, and Haschel Cedricson
: Not Known 15, Haschel Cedricson, Chemist1422, and Formerfish vs. Charles510, Pine, the worst, and Felissan
: Haschel Cedricson, Pine, the worst, Not Known 15 vs. StrangerCoug, James Brafin, Formerfish, Charles510

QUEUE
Currently empty

* Wants to be spymaster.
Does not want to be spymaster.
Is voluntarily giving new players priority over them.
Last edited by Felissan on Sun Sep 15, 2019 8:43 am, edited 334 times in total.
"Dammit Felissan, making someone lose the game is NOT NICE" - DeathRowKitty 2016
"Also, the me in your signature just made the me in this thread lose the game and I'm not sure how to feel about this." - DeathRowKitty 2018
I believe in you, Miss Zirconium! <3

Ranking vids from a dead youtube meme playlist, for obvious reasons

McMenno
Mafia Scum

Pronoun: He

Post Post #1  (ISO)  » Thu Oct 18, 2018 9:10 pm

in
Show

Formerfish
Survivor

Post Post #2  (ISO)  » Thu Oct 18, 2018 9:10 pm

/in
Show

McMenno
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3  (ISO)  » Thu Oct 18, 2018 9:11 pm

also first
Show

Formerfish
Survivor

Post Post #4  (ISO)  » Thu Oct 18, 2018 9:11 pm

In post 1, McMenno wrote:in

asshat
Show

Adorabebs
Watcher

Post Post #5  (ISO)  » Thu Oct 18, 2018 9:12 pm

In

McMenno
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6  (ISO)  » Thu Oct 18, 2018 9:33 pm

:(
Show

Formerfish
Survivor

Post Post #7  (ISO)  » Thu Oct 18, 2018 9:45 pm

:D
In post 6, McMenno wrote::(
Show

Vijarada
Goon

Post Post #8  (ISO)  » Thu Oct 18, 2018 9:49 pm

/in sure i should play a general mish mash
get a warrant

McMenno
Mafia Scum

Post Post #9  (ISO)  » Thu Oct 18, 2018 9:59 pm

you sound excited
Show

CreativeMod1
Goon

Post Post #10  (ISO)  » Thu Oct 18, 2018 10:30 pm

/In
♪ ♫ I am the one thing in life I can control. I am inimitable, I am an original ♫ ♪

mallowgeno
Mafia Scum

Post Post #11  (ISO)  » Thu Oct 18, 2018 11:58 pm

/in

VashtaNeurotic
Watcher

Post Post #12  (ISO)  » Fri Oct 19, 2018 1:07 am

/in

Charles510
Townie

Post Post #13  (ISO)  » Fri Oct 19, 2018 2:52 am

/in

Felissan
Goon

Post Post #14  (ISO)  » Fri Oct 19, 2018 4:48 am

/in

Insert India fact here
"Dammit Felissan, making someone lose the game is NOT NICE" - DeathRowKitty 2016
"Also, the me in your signature just made the me in this thread lose the game and I'm not sure how to feel about this." - DeathRowKitty 2018
I believe in you, Miss Zirconium! <3

Ranking vids from a dead youtube meme playlist, for obvious reasons

xofelf
Miss Mash

Post Post #15  (ISO)  » Fri Oct 19, 2018 9:08 am

/in
Xalxe: this is xofelf sometimes we call each other names and other times we share emotions
MattyP: Ur an enigma tho when it comes to circadian rhythm and the traditions we hold dear when it comes to the sun and the moon
Xof has a new place for you to ask her questions. Do it upppp
Discord is faster than PMs or sitechat: xofelf#1697

2 718281828459
Goon

Post Post #16  (ISO)  » Fri Oct 19, 2018 3:54 pm

Registers
I am NOT interested in being a spymaster.

Should there be a PT for the two spymasters? It could be useful both for end-of-game analysis and because it is easier than PMs.

I think bystanders should be yellow, because it might be hard to tell them from grey on certain color schemes.

EDIT: Just realized I am 12th... that might compromise my chances...
Retired Account. I have no replacement.

Please be kind to Allomancer and join the nomic game: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=78211

StrangerCoug
Does not Compute

Post Post #17  (ISO)  » Fri Oct 19, 2018 5:16 pm

In post 16, 2 718281828459 wrote:I am NOT interested in being a spymaster.

Acknowledged.
In post 16, 2 718281828459 wrote:Should there be a PT for the two spymasters? It could be useful both for end-of-game analysis and because it is easier than PMs.

No. No private communication with other players is allowed.
In post 16, 2 718281828459 wrote:I think bystanders should be yellow, because it might be hard to tell them from grey on certain color schemes.

The bystanders are not colored; did you mean the assassin?

Signups for game 1 are now closed (a game can have at most eight players); the remaining players are considered to have signed up for game 2. Don't worry—signups are always open :)

Team assignments are as follows:
McMenno
Formerfish
Adorabebs
Vijarada
CreativeMod1
mallowgeno
VashtaNeurotic
Charles510
If I missed anyone, the colors will still be the same counting from the top; e.g. if someone signed up between Vijarada and CreativeMod1 that I missed, then CM1 is actually red and Charles will play the next game. Want to establish how mod errors of this type will be handled even though I think I got everyone :]

Please select who will be the spymaster for each team.
STRANGERCOUG: Stranger Than You!
Current avatar by PurryFurry of FurAffinity.

StrangerCoug
Does not Compute

Post Post #18  (ISO)  » Fri Oct 19, 2018 5:26 pm

Oh, and I forgot: If you want to include any flexible rules from the official rulebook, now is the time.

VashtaNeurotic
Watcher

Post Post #19  (ISO)  » Fri Oct 19, 2018 5:42 pm

Here is an image of the flexible rules, in case you don't want to have to return to the document.

My thoughts:
1. Fine with compound words
2. Okay with proper nouns but not multiple word proper nouns (exception with location as suggested)
3. Totally good with acronyms
4. No idea on homonyms
5. Hard no on rhymes
6. Big yes on 0 and infinite clues

VashtaNeurotic
Watcher

Post Post #20  (ISO)  » Fri Oct 19, 2018 5:44 pm

Also, really want to try to be spymaster, but I have no clue how good I'd be at it.

Charles510
Townie

Post Post #21  (ISO)  » Fri Oct 19, 2018 6:09 pm

VOTE: VashtaNeurotic for red spymaster

Vijarada
Goon

Post Post #22  (ISO)  » Fri Oct 19, 2018 6:21 pm

I will be the spymaster because I say so
get a warrant

Formerfish
Survivor

Post Post #23  (ISO)  » Fri Oct 19, 2018 6:39 pm

I second vija
Show

StrangerCoug
Does not Compute

Post Post #24  (ISO)  » Fri Oct 19, 2018 6:50 pm

In post 19, VashtaNeurotic wrote:6. Big yes on 0 and infinite clues

Good :D It's in the rules that they're in every game.

Next
[ + ]

Return to The Whole Sort of General Mish Mash