Newbie 1889: Ice Cream (Game Over)

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
ceejayvinoya
ceejayvinoya
he/him
Mafia Scum
ceejayvinoya
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #204 (isolation #0) » Sat Sep 15, 2018 12:54 am

Post by ceejayvinoya »

Lols.

Gimme a while to catch up :P
Ceejay is only gonna get better but his logic can be on the wrong side of lazy logic sometimes. ~the worst
ceejayvinoya
ceejayvinoya
he/him
Mafia Scum
ceejayvinoya
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #205 (isolation #1) » Sat Sep 15, 2018 12:56 am

Post by ceejayvinoya »

Is it serious or is it a "Lynch lurkers" kind of lynch?
Ceejay is only gonna get better but his logic can be on the wrong side of lazy logic sometimes. ~the worst
ceejayvinoya
ceejayvinoya
he/him
Mafia Scum
ceejayvinoya
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #207 (isolation #2) » Sat Sep 15, 2018 2:14 am

Post by ceejayvinoya »

No intents yet. So I guess I'm fine.

VOTE: Volxen

I feel that he is needlessly extending his posts, most of those could have been shorter.
I don't have any strong scumreads yet, but I think I would like to get UC's attention. So:

VOTE: UCvoyager

UCvoyager is now at L-1
I don't understand his mentality on voting lurkers either. Does he think his vote would drag a lurker into the thread? I feel that his vote on my slot at that point was opportunistic and not really town motivated.

Sure he has no strong scumreads but doesn't he want to pursue his other scumreads? Regardless of how less scummy they are? Rather than voting someone with almost no content?
ceejayvinoya
ceejayvinoya
he/him
Mafia Scum
ceejayvinoya
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #212 (isolation #3) » Sat Sep 15, 2018 4:28 am

Post by ceejayvinoya »

In post 208, Reundo wrote:
In post 207, ceejayvinoya wrote:
I don't have any strong scumreads yet, but I think I would like to get UC's attention. So:

VOTE: UCvoyager

UCvoyager is now at L-1
I don't understand his mentality on voting lurkers either. Does he think his vote would drag a lurker into the thread? I feel that his vote on my slot at that point was opportunistic and not really town motivated.

Sure he has no strong scumreads but doesn't he want to pursue his other scumreads? Regardless of how less scummy they are? Rather than voting someone with almost no content?
How do you feel about the other players who voted your slot? Can't the same be said for them that they should be pursuing other scum-reads instead of voting for someone with no content as well?
The others are fine, I think those go something like "this player will just lurk through the game he's not worth keeping" and if you're out of options, lynching a lurker isn't a bad idea.

Volxen pinged me in particular because most of his posts question or comment something on the thread but has no clear stance (is this scummy or towny?). I'm seeing this apparent lack of sorting as scummy. The others I can understand, they have at least some ideas for themselves on who they think is town.

I just don't understand why he would pressure a slot for content to hopefully sort it when he doesn't even sort more active posters. I feel like he's mostly just fence-sitting.
ceejayvinoya
ceejayvinoya
he/him
Mafia Scum
ceejayvinoya
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #213 (isolation #4) » Sat Sep 15, 2018 4:36 am

Post by ceejayvinoya »

In post 211, RCEnigma wrote:I'd also rather vote Angel here. Not that Ceejay is the most active poster and I think his vote isnt based on the overall game. Not sure how far back he has read so it seems like a reach for the first thing that pinged him about his wagon.
This is true, I skimmed most of the game. I can get behind an Angel vote but I'd prefer Volxen's.
ceejayvinoya
ceejayvinoya
he/him
Mafia Scum
ceejayvinoya
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #228 (isolation #5) » Sat Sep 15, 2018 5:11 pm

Post by ceejayvinoya »

Reundo and Thor is scumreading each other? Am I understanding this correctly?
ceejayvinoya
ceejayvinoya
he/him
Mafia Scum
ceejayvinoya
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #277 (isolation #6) » Mon Sep 17, 2018 12:20 am

Post by ceejayvinoya »

I think an angel lynch would do more bad than good right now. If we lynch angel and it flips town, we can't really analyze the wagon because all would be like "Hey lurker lynch. Heck yea".

If it flips scum, anyone could be scum with that slot, so that's tricky as well.
ceejayvinoya
ceejayvinoya
he/him
Mafia Scum
ceejayvinoya
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #279 (isolation #7) » Mon Sep 17, 2018 12:48 am

Post by ceejayvinoya »

I think I'll take that risk. I'm happier lynching a guy with scummy content than lynching a guy with no content.
ceejayvinoya
ceejayvinoya
he/him
Mafia Scum
ceejayvinoya
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #334 (isolation #8) » Tue Sep 18, 2018 9:48 am

Post by ceejayvinoya »

In post 280, RCEnigma wrote:Mmk, quick favor. Wanna give out some reads and maybe tell a bit about why you have those reads?

If you are coming in and lynching Volxen I think we need something tangible to hold you to, regardless of the flip.
As of this post I townread RCE and Reundo, what I've read so far meshes well with what I remember on a past newb game

The rest I'm having trouble sorting out
ceejayvinoya
ceejayvinoya
he/him
Mafia Scum
ceejayvinoya
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #335 (isolation #9) » Tue Sep 18, 2018 9:52 am

Post by ceejayvinoya »

That said I'm busy this week btw but I'll post at least a few times a day
ceejayvinoya
ceejayvinoya
he/him
Mafia Scum
ceejayvinoya
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #337 (isolation #10) » Tue Sep 18, 2018 10:09 am

Post by ceejayvinoya »

In post 258, volxen wrote: Ceejay[UC] – His predecessor UC didn’t really have much content, and the first thing Ceejay did when he joined the game was accuse me of being scum (see: ). Interestingly, he was fine with the other three people being on his wagon (Thor, Sky[Horror], and xwing), and it was only my being on his wagon that he took issue with (see: ). I feel like that was a very easy play to make, because I had already taken heat for inactivity/lurking (mostly from NotNova), and out of the four people on his wagon I was the easiest target for him to attack. In essence, he basically just agreed with NotNova’s case against me. And out of the 200+ posts that this game currently has, the only thing that seems to have stuck out to him is the fact that I was on his predecessors’ wagon (now his wagon), even when I made it clear that I voted for UC primarily to get his attention (see: ).
Do tell me, do you think voting a lurker increases the chances of a lurker posting?
Now that you have my attention, what do you wanna do with it?
ceejayvinoya
ceejayvinoya
he/him
Mafia Scum
ceejayvinoya
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #338 (isolation #11) » Tue Sep 18, 2018 10:12 am

Post by ceejayvinoya »

@volxen and that case of yours proves I'm scummy? I'm not really seeing it. This looks more like a summary of what I did.
ceejayvinoya
ceejayvinoya
he/him
Mafia Scum
ceejayvinoya
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #340 (isolation #12) » Tue Sep 18, 2018 10:39 am

Post by ceejayvinoya »

My problem right now is that I really don't understand Volxen. Sigh.
ceejayvinoya
ceejayvinoya
he/him
Mafia Scum
ceejayvinoya
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #341 (isolation #13) » Tue Sep 18, 2018 10:50 am

Post by ceejayvinoya »

@Volxen do you have a previous game that I can parse? Or is this your first?
ceejayvinoya
ceejayvinoya
he/him
Mafia Scum
ceejayvinoya
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #392 (isolation #14) » Wed Sep 19, 2018 11:42 pm

Post by ceejayvinoya »

In post 343, CheekyTeeky wrote:
In post 341, ceejayvinoya wrote:@Volxen do you have a previous game that I can parse? Or is this your first?

Ceejay what are your thoughts on Horror/sky?
Townlean at this point. I'm seeing townp;ngs from her 261 and horror's posts look fine to me.
ceejayvinoya
ceejayvinoya
he/him
Mafia Scum
ceejayvinoya
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #395 (isolation #15) » Wed Sep 19, 2018 11:54 pm

Post by ceejayvinoya »

In post 353, volxen wrote:
In post 341, ceejayvinoya wrote:@Volxen do you have a previous game that I can parse? Or is this your first?
My only completed game is Newbie 1885 (I was town in it). Here is a link to it: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=77049
You played well there. It doesn't merge with what I see here. I'm more certain now that volxen is scum here. He's much more townie and straightforward in this game he linked.
ceejayvinoya
ceejayvinoya
he/him
Mafia Scum
ceejayvinoya
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #396 (isolation #16) » Thu Sep 20, 2018 12:19 am

Post by ceejayvinoya »

In post 380, volxen wrote:@Reundo, in you said, "I'd be much more content lynching volxen than ceejay today". Can you explain why you find Ceejay towny then? He hasn't done much besides immediately vote for me and accuse me of being scum upon his entrance to the game, and his reasoning was simply because I was on his predecessors’ wagon, which became his wagon.
That's not my only reason wtf is this
ceejayvinoya
ceejayvinoya
he/him
Mafia Scum
ceejayvinoya
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #397 (isolation #17) » Thu Sep 20, 2018 12:22 am

Post by ceejayvinoya »

In post 383, volxen wrote:
In post 382, xwing wrote:okay first off, im happy you're posting..
next..have you read reundo and ceejay's exchange in ? what do you think of ceejay's reasoning there? do you think it does not answer part of your argument?

can you rank your scum reads in order from most scummy to least scummy?
im assuming ceejay first, then?
Ceejay's "reasoning" in for singling me out of all of the people on his wagon is illogical. He also said in that post that my "apparent lack of sorting" was scummy, but then I sorted everyone in the game in , which he never acknowledged in any of his subsequent posts. And it is quite ironic that he would even make that comment in the first place, as Ceejay himself has yet to sort the vast majority of the people in this game. Most of his content has been accusing me of being scum, voting for me, and expressing supposed frustration at "not understanding" me.

I would currently rank my scumreads from most scummy to least scummy as follows:

1. NotNova
2. Ceejay[UC]
3. Xwing
4. Haylen[Angel]
My problem is because you did this AFTER I called you out on it. :facepalm:
ceejayvinoya
ceejayvinoya
he/him
Mafia Scum
ceejayvinoya
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #398 (isolation #18) » Thu Sep 20, 2018 12:28 am

Post by ceejayvinoya »

In post 386, Haylen wrote:
In post 366, NotNova wrote:Also @Thor — can I ask you in advance for an IC-hat guide on Day 2 on how PRs should act? Thanks.
Woah Woah Woah. What the heck is this? Smells like a setup to a fake claim to me. No townie would hint so heavily bout being a power role on Day One with little so pressure
The way you called this out seemed unnecessary to me. That doesn't look like much of a post a pr can point to if they want to claim their role.
ceejayvinoya
ceejayvinoya
he/him
Mafia Scum
ceejayvinoya
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #427 (isolation #19) » Thu Sep 20, 2018 1:28 pm

Post by ceejayvinoya »

Oh frick UNVOTE:

Intent to hammer Haylen.
ceejayvinoya
ceejayvinoya
he/him
Mafia Scum
ceejayvinoya
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #429 (isolation #20) » Thu Sep 20, 2018 1:30 pm

Post by ceejayvinoya »

Where I'm at right now with reads is

{Reundo, NotNova}
{xwing, Sky}
{CT, Thor}
{Haylen}
ceejayvinoya
ceejayvinoya
he/him
Mafia Scum
ceejayvinoya
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #431 (isolation #21) » Thu Sep 20, 2018 1:32 pm

Post by ceejayvinoya »

Oh on second thought knock down Sky a peg, I don't like her 424.

{Reundo, NotNova} likely town
{xwing} townlean
{CT, Thor, Sky} null
{Haylen} scumlean
ceejayvinoya
ceejayvinoya
he/him
Mafia Scum
ceejayvinoya
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #432 (isolation #22) » Thu Sep 20, 2018 1:34 pm

Post by ceejayvinoya »

In post 430, Skygazer wrote:
In post 426, xwing wrote:
In post 424, Skygazer wrote:
In post 410, NotNova wrote:Scum now knows the setup, by the way, as we're definitely in row 2.
this feels like tmi
why?
nova's statement is factual..even i agree that mafia knows the setup now, assuming volxen is JK..
town, on the other hand..is sorta blind still..there might either be a doctor, a tracker, or no more PRs for us...
Nova's statement is correct if volx is the JK but the way the post is worded it feels like Nova
knows
that the claim is true.
Well there doesn't seem to be anyone counterclaiming or challenging his claim. Do you doubt volxen?
ceejayvinoya
ceejayvinoya
he/him
Mafia Scum
ceejayvinoya
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #436 (isolation #23) » Thu Sep 20, 2018 1:39 pm

Post by ceejayvinoya »

I don't scumread you, I nullread you.
ceejayvinoya
ceejayvinoya
he/him
Mafia Scum
ceejayvinoya
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #438 (isolation #24) » Thu Sep 20, 2018 1:44 pm

Post by ceejayvinoya »

@CT I'm curious, what are those read progressions for? What does that tell us?
ceejayvinoya
ceejayvinoya
he/him
Mafia Scum
ceejayvinoya
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #442 (isolation #25) » Thu Sep 20, 2018 1:50 pm

Post by ceejayvinoya »

In post 440, CheekyTeeky wrote:
In post 438, ceejayvinoya wrote:@CT I'm curious, what are those read progressions for? What does that tell us?
I put them together to sort the wagon...my conclusion is after them.

VOTE: Ceejayvinoya
It's funny that you once townread me, and at post 422 too. VOTE: Cheeky
ceejayvinoya
ceejayvinoya
he/him
Mafia Scum
ceejayvinoya
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #444 (isolation #26) » Thu Sep 20, 2018 1:52 pm

Post by ceejayvinoya »

In post 439, Skygazer wrote:is cj at l-1?

I want my vote there
Uh if I recall correctly, your read on me is that I'm not town enough to be town?

Pedit I haven't voted Haylen yet
ceejayvinoya
ceejayvinoya
he/him
Mafia Scum
ceejayvinoya
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #446 (isolation #27) » Thu Sep 20, 2018 1:54 pm

Post by ceejayvinoya »

I just don't understand your progression, is all
ceejayvinoya
ceejayvinoya
he/him
Mafia Scum
ceejayvinoya
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #447 (isolation #28) » Thu Sep 20, 2018 1:55 pm

Post by ceejayvinoya »

Are you voting me because I look dum or something
ceejayvinoya
ceejayvinoya
he/him
Mafia Scum
ceejayvinoya
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #448 (isolation #29) » Thu Sep 20, 2018 1:55 pm

Post by ceejayvinoya »

Like the only thing I can pull from your posts right now about me is that my tunnel on volx make me look bad?
ceejayvinoya
ceejayvinoya
he/him
Mafia Scum
ceejayvinoya
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #450 (isolation #30) » Thu Sep 20, 2018 2:03 pm

Post by ceejayvinoya »

I don't seem to recall tat I claimed town anywhere here...

What do you mean by static? Like I'm unwilling to reconsider a read on another?
ceejayvinoya
ceejayvinoya
he/him
Mafia Scum
ceejayvinoya
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #465 (isolation #31) » Thu Sep 20, 2018 5:17 pm

Post by ceejayvinoya »

I'm Doctor.
ceejayvinoya
ceejayvinoya
he/him
Mafia Scum
ceejayvinoya
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #466 (isolation #32) » Thu Sep 20, 2018 5:17 pm

Post by ceejayvinoya »

VOTE: Haylen
ceejayvinoya
ceejayvinoya
he/him
Mafia Scum
ceejayvinoya
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #501 (isolation #33) » Sun Sep 23, 2018 7:33 am

Post by ceejayvinoya »

Hi. Here to say that I saved Volxen last night.
ceejayvinoya
ceejayvinoya
he/him
Mafia Scum
ceejayvinoya
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #502 (isolation #34) » Sun Sep 23, 2018 7:36 am

Post by ceejayvinoya »

Definitely think jailkept guy is scum at this point.

Like the only universe I could see where jailkept guy is inno is if scum both rbed and tried to kill Volxen, which doesn't make sense.
ceejayvinoya
ceejayvinoya
he/him
Mafia Scum
ceejayvinoya
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #526 (isolation #35) » Sun Sep 23, 2018 2:14 pm

Post by ceejayvinoya »

In post 505, CheekyTeeky wrote:I'm getting the feeling scum no-killed to support the doc claim and to out the real doc whilst creating a mslynch today (the JK target). They would've RB'd Ceejay and shot volxen otherwise. Chances of volxen JK'ing the shooter is pretty slim but will be interesting to know who the target was.

Dislike skygazer's response as its what I'd expect from scum if my theory is true.
idgi how could the jk be today's mislynch target? He's the JK.

I don't understand why scum at this point will not shoot anyone. Doesn't leaving both PRs make the game unnecessarily harder for them?

sure assuming that I'm fake doc and we planned to out the real doc and it somehow worked, my buddy in that situation would still have to deal with the JK.
ceejayvinoya
ceejayvinoya
he/him
Mafia Scum
ceejayvinoya
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #527 (isolation #36) » Sun Sep 23, 2018 2:15 pm

Post by ceejayvinoya »

VOTE: Skygazer
ceejayvinoya
ceejayvinoya
he/him
Mafia Scum
ceejayvinoya
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #528 (isolation #37) » Sun Sep 23, 2018 2:32 pm

Post by ceejayvinoya »

In post 515, CheekyTeeky wrote:
In post 513, Skygazer wrote:i take back everything i said scum definitely must have no kill gambitted
Towny.

VOTE: Ceejayvinoya

You being alive is enough really.
Why? Volxen is equally alive.
ceejayvinoya
ceejayvinoya
he/him
Mafia Scum
ceejayvinoya
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #529 (isolation #38) » Sun Sep 23, 2018 2:34 pm

Post by ceejayvinoya »

In post 516, volxen wrote: Scenario A: What I described in my post. The mafia roleblocker blocked CJ and Skygazer tried to kill me, but the kill failed because I put her in jail.

Scenario B: The no-kill gambit. The scumteam purposefully doesn't kill anyone so they can frame the JK target to be mislynched on day 2.

The problem I'm having with scenario B is, does it really provide a greater benefit to the scumteam in the long run compared to scenario A? it also has some risk, in the event that I actually do end up jailing scum, as opposed to a townie, which means they have to abort the entire plan of framing the JK target for the day 2 mislynch.
Exactly what I was trying to say. Arghhh
ceejayvinoya
ceejayvinoya
he/him
Mafia Scum
ceejayvinoya
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #530 (isolation #39) » Sun Sep 23, 2018 2:37 pm

Post by ceejayvinoya »

We could always set things up this way: lynch sky. If she flips town, lynch me tomorrow. If she flips scum, then yay.
ceejayvinoya
ceejayvinoya
he/him
Mafia Scum
ceejayvinoya
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #534 (isolation #40) » Sun Sep 23, 2018 7:57 pm

Post by ceejayvinoya »

But 1 and 2 are the same thing! You only said each differently.
ceejayvinoya
ceejayvinoya
he/him
Mafia Scum
ceejayvinoya
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #589 (isolation #41) » Thu Sep 27, 2018 12:10 pm

Post by ceejayvinoya »

Volxen should stop announcing who he's going to jail, and just say it afterward, since that way he is in less danger of dying until after I die.
ceejayvinoya
ceejayvinoya
he/him
Mafia Scum
ceejayvinoya
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #600 (isolation #42) » Thu Sep 27, 2018 10:32 pm

Post by ceejayvinoya »

The thing that's wrong with volxen's plan is that rb will just keep NKing until town decides to lynch me. Sigh.

I kinda think that the best way to progress is to have me lynched anyway, since there will always be doubt on my slot.

This would mean volxen dies tonight tho.
ceejayvinoya
ceejayvinoya
he/him
Mafia Scum
ceejayvinoya
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #615 (isolation #43) » Sat Sep 29, 2018 6:46 am

Post by ceejayvinoya »

VOTE: xwing

100% agree with volxen's plan.
ceejayvinoya
ceejayvinoya
he/him
Mafia Scum
ceejayvinoya
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #705 (isolation #44) » Mon Oct 01, 2018 12:20 pm

Post by ceejayvinoya »

In post 675, volxen wrote:@Ceejay, why didn't you nightkill me on night 2? Were you really convinced that if you did you would have gotten autolynched on day 3?

Considering the plan that I came up with, do you now wish you had nightkilled me on night 2? :lol:
There were too many towny people here lols, and my claim was basically very suspicious. I could've nightkilled you on night two but I thought that would make the game harder for me.

I underestimated you lols. you were amazing here past d1 :lol:
ceejayvinoya
ceejayvinoya
he/him
Mafia Scum
ceejayvinoya
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #706 (isolation #45) » Mon Oct 01, 2018 12:23 pm

Post by ceejayvinoya »

In post 687, xwing wrote:
In post 673, volxen wrote:I'm glad it played out this way, I would have felt bad mislynching poor xwing. Why did you have to do so many suspicious things, xwing! lol :P
i know right?!?!?! :lol: im baffled myself lol..how could a townie play so scummy lol..really in this newbie game i felt like i was the only real newbie here you guys were just awesome!!

i thought the way i played at the end even when i knew i was gonna lynched was pretty pro-town but i was still resigned to my death though coz i felt sure you werent gonna change your mind lol :P
I think you still played a reasonably towny game but the circumstances (you being jailed n2) made you a bit hard to trust :lol:

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”