Newbie 1902 l Amphibians l Game Over

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #6 (isolation #0) » Wed Nov 21, 2018 7:50 am

Post by skitter30 »

ic intro, adapted from irrelephanthello everyone!

i'm skitter and i'm the ic (inexperience challenged) for this game (it's my first time doing this!)

i'm a player in this game and will be playing to my wincon, but i have the additional responsibility of leading by example and answering any questions you have about the game, the site, mechanics, rules etc. i am required to answer these questions honestly, and will make it clear when i'm talking as a player or as the ic

Here are some helpful links (a lot of them from our helpful wiki):

-> Forum Rules and Guidelines
-> The Glossary
-> Commonly Used Abbreviations
-> The Newbie Guide
-> Articles on How to Play Well

(be sure to check the dates these were written/updated, as good advice changes over time)

And here are some helpful tips:

--->
Try to check in at least once a day.
Besides the activity requirements listed in the op, it's just necessary for a fun and healthy game that everyone
plays
. If you post very rarely, or only post a little bit at a time, you may get scumread for lurking. Even if you are not scumread for it, what's the fun in playing a game where multiple people are hardly participating?

--->
"Site Meta"
is the description of how people on Mafiascum like to play mafia. Things can be different on other online mafia sites, or if you play IRL, so it's good to know what's expected of you on this site. These aren't "rules", per se, but if you don't follow these guidelines it is likely things will go poorly for you on MS. Some examples are...

--->
Give "intent to hammer"
when you want to place the final vote on a player. This gives time for that player to give a final plea and to claim their power role, if they have one (or if they are lying scum). If, after that player has posted, you are still sure you want to hammer them, go ahead and place the final vote. It is also common courtesy to declare "L-1" ("1 Vote away from lynch") when you place the penultimate vote on a player.

--->
Don't claim your role until you are in danger
of getting lynched - usually, you want to keep it a secret right up until someone gives intent to hammer. Sometimes, everyone will agree to claim in a "massclaim". Other than these situations, do not make your role obvious, even if you are a vanilla townie, as claiming makes it easier for scum to kill power roles at night.

--->
Do not fake claim a power role as town!
While it may help you avoid getting lynched, you might cause a real PR to out themselves by counter claiming - then the mafia will know who the PR is, and you will probably get lynched for lying to town. Feel free to fake a claim as scum, though, if you think it would help.

--->
Don't vote for yourself.
There are very rare occasions where this is helpful in non-newbie games, but usually only for scum, so if you do it here you will certainly get scumread for it.

--->
Mafia is hard!
As town, it can be hard to figure things out, and stressful when people think you're scum.
That's okay!
Just share your thoughts on who you think is scum as they come to you, and don't be afraid to change your mind. As scum, it can be hard to lie convincingly, and stressful when people think you're scum. Don't let that scare you! Try to think of what you would post if you were town, and don't be afraid to "change your mind".

---> This is a game.
Have fun!
:]
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #7 (isolation #1) » Wed Nov 21, 2018 7:52 am

Post by skitter30 »

@mod
: i have regular v/la on fridays and saturdays, and will also be v/la tomorrow cuz of thanksgiving

(i will be able to post between now and sunday, just not super frequently)

VOTE: bloobloby
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #9 (isolation #2) » Wed Nov 21, 2018 8:01 am

Post by skitter30 »

i know of mewtaph, but that's it
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #11 (isolation #3) » Wed Nov 21, 2018 9:06 am

Post by skitter30 »

i've never played with them; i don't think i know enough about their game to be able to answer that question either way tbh

(i'm also being slightly circumspect because of the 'avoid talking about ongoing games' rule, which is a really, really big deal on this site)
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #18 (isolation #4) » Wed Nov 21, 2018 4:54 pm

Post by skitter30 »

you think he's trying to lynch me?
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #24 (isolation #5) » Wed Nov 21, 2018 7:52 pm

Post by skitter30 »

In post 19, Mewtaph wrote:Not necessarily, but it is common for newbies to be distrustful of the IC.
huh, in my experience i've found the opposite, that newbies are often hesitant to lynch the ic

==
In post 22, YyottaCat wrote:Also this might be easier than playing mafia in real life, just because if you are a mafia meember, you won't start laughing for some weird reasons on the next day.
hey, can you talk about what you mean here a little more?

==
In post 23, starrydash wrote:Hey everyone, i'm new here! Just one quick question how do you do the special vote formatting?
VOTE: player name [ /vote]

is the tag for voting (without the space between the '[' and the '/'); there's a special button for it in the full-screen reply box
also i would suggest getting an avatar to make it easy for other players to identify you!
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #32 (isolation #6) » Thu Nov 22, 2018 2:13 pm

Post by skitter30 »

In post 25, Mewtaph wrote:I've seen both. There's a) the hesitance of lynching the most experienced player and also b) paranoia towards the most experienced player being too helpful (guided slightly by their responsibilities as an IC).
yeah in the games that i've been in i've mostly seen the former
In post 27, Doughboy wrote:People shouldn’t be afraid to lynch the IC if they truly think he’s scum. The SEs can answer questions about theory and that’s really the only job of an IC.
(i'm a she btw)

but this ^^^^^

==
In post 30, NotNova wrote:Anyone wanna vote nousername with me?
why do you want to wagon him?

==
In post 24, skitter30 wrote:
In post 22, YyottaCat wrote:Also this might be easier than playing mafia in real life, just because if you are a mafia meember, you won't start laughing for some weird reasons on the next day.
hey, can you talk about what you mean here a little more?
@yyottacat

==

@mod:
can you update the op with the current player list when you have a chance? thanks!
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #34 (isolation #7) » Thu Nov 22, 2018 6:55 pm

Post by skitter30 »

In post 22, YyottaCat wrote:
In post 13, NotNova wrote:@YyottaCat, how much experience do you have playing mafia? Would you say you prefer playing mafia or town?
IDK honestly, but I would
probably
prefer mafia. The only reason is probably the private chats so I can have more thing to do. Also, I have basically 0 mafia experience here, but I'll try my best. Also this might be easier than playing mafia in real life, just because if you are a mafia meember, you won't start laughing for some weird reasons on the next day.
i guess i'm asking because this post seems to me like it's kinda written from scum's pov - you're comparing this game to a game of irl mafia and saying that scum may have it easier here, in forum mafia, if i'm understanding this post right
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #36 (isolation #8) » Thu Nov 22, 2018 7:30 pm

Post by skitter30 »

ok, and i find that a little scummy since it seems that you're writing about approaching this game from scum's pov
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #41 (isolation #9) » Fri Nov 23, 2018 7:05 am

Post by skitter30 »

In post 37, Doughboy wrote:I don’t see how that’s written from scum POV, but I guess that’s why I’ve never been a fan of those kind of questions.
Because she's looking at this game and comparing it to how she reacted as scum in a game of irl-mafia (as opposed to, say, how she reacted as town)
In post 38, YyottaCat wrote:
In post 36, skitter30 wrote:ok, and i find that a little scummy since it seems that you're writing about approaching this game from scum's pov
Is this some kind of fake investigation?
Idk what you're trying to say here
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #44 (isolation #10) » Fri Nov 23, 2018 8:24 am

Post by skitter30 »

ok, why?
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #74 (isolation #11) » Sat Nov 24, 2018 9:35 pm

Post by skitter30 »

i'll be around tomorrow, sorry; i've been having a long/busy/stressful weekend
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #84 (isolation #12) » Sun Nov 25, 2018 7:59 am

Post by skitter30 »

In post 52, PraiseOurLordBiggieCheese wrote:VOTE: Mewtaph

His avatar looks too much like anime. He's obviously scum.
hey, what do you think about the game thus far?

is there anyone that you think is being townie? scummy?
==
In post 54, YyottaCat wrote:I think it's because the reason is sudden and questionable, why would even she ask the question in the first place?
a) why are you answering for starrydash?

b) because i thought it seemed like you were talking from a scum pov, and i thought it was something worth pushing on to get the game out of rvs to get people to start talking about more serious things (and hey, i think doing that worked too)

can you talk a little bit more about why you voted me on the previous page?

==
In post 57, starrydash wrote:Skitter could have a valid reason, but talking from a scum's POV isn't scummy
a) you said i had no valid reason for doing so

b) i disagree; i think talking from a scum's pov is mildly scummy here

==

welcome to all the replacements!

==
In post 71, YyottaCat wrote:Since overki replaced nousername and I was originally voting nousername,
UNVOTE: skitter30
VOTE: overki
do you think the overkill slot is scummier than me rn?

can you talk a little about your previous experience with mafia? irl? on a forum? have you played a lot of games? do you like town or scum better?
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #86 (isolation #13) » Sun Nov 25, 2018 8:29 am

Post by skitter30 »

a) it's page4; i'm still getting my bearings and the game isn't hasn't really become *serious* yet imo; like we're still transitioning out of rvs and i don't feel like my vote is needed elsewhere or anything at this point

b) the person i think is scummiest rn is probably yyottacat but i'm still trying to sort her and i'm not sure if she's an inexperienced player who sort of comes off as being scummy even as town or if she's actually flailing scum rn; i'm kinda getting the vibe that voting her will make her less likely to talk to me and/or answer my questions

why are you asking me about my rvs vote?
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #89 (isolation #14) » Sun Nov 25, 2018 10:15 am

Post by skitter30 »

@yyottacat can you answer the questions i asked you please?
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #93 (isolation #15) » Sun Nov 25, 2018 10:44 am

Post by skitter30 »

In post 90, NotNova wrote:
In post 86, skitter30 wrote:
why are you asking me about my rvs vote?
The reason is twofold:

a) I think talking around someone for long enough without voting them is a minor scumtell, so I wanted to get your thoughts on the matter.

b) I like the theory of the vote as a "weapon." Essentially, I think one should in most cases be voting whoever they find scummiest at the time to put more pressure on the slot and develop a solid read.
In addition, I think this works very well early in the game — from my experience, the game moves out of RVS very quickly after a wagon gets to L-2 or L-1.

Do you disagree with this? Why do you find merit in waiting around when the game has been stalled for quite a while?
A) i agree that it can be in some circumstances; i dont think it is for me.

B) i understand that voting people puts pressure on them. I feel like in this instance itll make her less likely to respond just now imo, like i said. I also think that the game is basically out of rvs at this point; im not sure we necessarily need a wagon rn to take the game out of rvs given that i think we're out of it already

I also disagree that im 'waiting around' or that the 'game has been stalled for a while'
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #102 (isolation #16) » Sun Nov 25, 2018 12:42 pm

Post by skitter30 »

In post 89, skitter30 wrote:@yyottacat can you answer the questions i asked you please?
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #103 (isolation #17) » Sun Nov 25, 2018 12:50 pm

Post by skitter30 »

In post 94, NotNova wrote:Aren't these two posts at odds?

By "waiting around" I meant "waiting around to cast a 'serious' vote", which you admitted to doing.
The game might not have been "stalled" per se, but certainly it has been quite slow? 4 pages in a bit over 4 days with a lot of them being replacement notifications doesn't feel like a very high tempo to me.

Does "transitioning out of RVS" mean in RVS or not in RVS? Certainly I'd lean toward the former in the context of your post, am I wrong?

Let's try a different line - do you have strong feelings about anyone that isn't Yyotta? Leaning town or scum on anyone? Would you care to join any of the other wagons, if you think voting on Yyotta's is unwise?
i think we've left rvs
i also think we're in the early stages of day1
i don't think the game is serious or full-throttle or idk the right word yet

for a newbie game iwth this number of replacements i think the pace is fine tbh, especially since the pace has picked up over the last day or so after replacements have come in

yes, i haven't cast a serious vote yet; there's nobody i particulary want to cast a serious vote on yet; it sometimes takes me a little while to figure out where i want to cast my first vote day1

i'm not convinced that yyotta is scum; tbh i think she might be a troll of either alignment or have literally no experience with mafia to the point that she doesn't know/understand how to play (hence why i asked her about her experience; a question she has not answered)

i don't want her in lylo or anything but i don't know if she's scum or just not very good at communicating her thoughts (or if she's a troll doing that on purpose)

i do think that if she's town she's an incredibly easy mislynch target for scum to get, and i think it's very likely that scum are pushing her rn irregardless of her alignment (ie i imagine her partner would want to bus her here).

i think if she flips town you're kinda scummy tbh
i think starry is a fairly decent scum-partner for her

i don't really have any other indepenant scumreads or townreads rn
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #104 (isolation #18) » Sun Nov 25, 2018 12:54 pm

Post by skitter30 »

In post 97, NotNova wrote:I think skitter is at L-1.

No one vote skitter without claiming intent first!

Quickhammering is effectively claiming scum - in other words, you will get lynched tomorrow. No exceptions.
what if i had been quickhammered and flipped scum?
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #112 (isolation #19) » Sun Nov 25, 2018 1:27 pm

Post by skitter30 »

@notnova:
In post 103, skitter30 wrote:i do think that if she's town she's an incredibly easy mislynch target for scum to get, and i think it's very likely that scum are pushing her rn irregardless of her alignment (ie i imagine her partner would want to bus her here).
i think the way you're approaching her rn kinda fits how i imagine scum would be interacting towards town!her

you're highlighting the notion that she literally scumclaimed. i'm not sure she actually did or if she was trying to say something else there and is just that bad at communicating her thoughts (i don't think she's trying particulalry hard to communicate with other people either, but that's a different story).

ie i think that what she may have been trying to say is: 'anything i say will be viewed as coming from a scum perspective so what's the point of trying and i might as well claim scum and stop trying'. that or she actually did scumclaim. i can't tell which it is really, but you're highlighting the latter interpration. and like, that's scum's dream - a townie literally scum-claimed, just push them for that!

you're also pressuring me to vote her and wagon her, kinda by like indicating it's in my own/town's best interest (by calling me minorly scummy for not having done so + encouraging me to end rvs by wagoning her and telling me that it'll help our stalled game (a description that you walked back when i pointed out that the game isn't really stalled))
In post 92, NotNova wrote:Honestly I almost feel like Yyotta's literally claiming scum and we're all just too aghast to realize it.
basically this post is how i think scum approach town!yyotta most of the time here

like i said i don't know if she's town or scum rn but if she's town these things would make me look at you next
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #114 (isolation #20) » Sun Nov 25, 2018 1:30 pm

Post by skitter30 »

? i don't think anyone said you theatered the whole thing?
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #118 (isolation #21) » Sun Nov 25, 2018 3:04 pm

Post by skitter30 »

In post 116, NotNova wrote:I really can't tell which it is either, which is why I'm
it felt to me like you were emphasizing the scum-claim interpretation.

i agree that her posts are puzzling. like i said, i can't tell if they come from scum rn, or a troll, or a very very confused townie, and i'm trying ot talk to her to work that out
In post 116, NotNova wrote:If you're choosing to interpret that as me signalling you should vote Yyotta, then that's on you. Considering my followups to my initial question I don't think it's a justified interpretation of my intentions. If that's what I wanted to have happened, I literally would have asked.
i did feel like you were trying to get me to vote her
it is possible that i misinterpretted what you were trying to say, but that's not what i felt at the time

nor do i think i'm deliberately picking uncharitable interpretations of your actions, but rather noticing that amongst active players, there's not much pushback against the notion of 'scum!yyotta'; the lack of pushback tends to make me wonder if the person in question is in fact scum at all

if she's scum she gets bussed here most of the time
if she's town scum want to pile on her to get that mislynch

either way i'm looking for people who are pushing the 'she literally claimed scum' idea (a partner wants to bus to distance and if she's town they want to strongly push her by pointing out the 'scumclaim'), and that's exactly what felt like to me
In post 116, NotNova wrote:I don't see much difference between what I was doing when compared to Thespio (who used the "claiming scum" bit when justifying his vote) or overki11 (who just told us he is committed to lynching Yyotta today.)
idk why it feels different to me; it's mostly gut
if i can figure out how to explain it i most certainly will
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #121 (isolation #22) » Sun Nov 25, 2018 4:13 pm

Post by skitter30 »

Ok

Why are you telling us this?
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #125 (isolation #23) » Sun Nov 25, 2018 7:11 pm

Post by skitter30 »

In post 122, YyottaCat wrote:
In post 121, skitter30 wrote:Ok

Why are you telling us this?
So the town have a less chance of wining
i mean if you're scum and we lynch you town has a greater chance of winning
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #150 (isolation #24) » Mon Nov 26, 2018 7:18 am

Post by skitter30 »

In post 134, NotNova wrote:In other words, there is no difference and you're singling me out for no actual reason. Got it.

RE: the scum claim interpretation:
i said it's gut and that i can't explain it; that's not quite the same thing as 'no actual reason' - it's a reason that i don't know how to articulate rn

anyway, i'm comparing this game to newbie 1815, which i repped into at daystart day2 iirc

Spoiler:
Subject: Newbie 1815: Prisons [Endgame]
Man With a Plan wrote:Damn. My wifi is back, finally. It's still day? Thought we'd be going night by now so I can at least get a kill (if my teammate agrees of course).
town

aphix wrote:Welp, this game is going to be another shit show, and that right there is a good indicator I'm not going to be playing with MWAP again.
town

NotTheRealPaul wrote:everyones next post should include
VOTE: MWAP
town

Madtatters wrote:
In post 258, Man With a Plan wrote:Damn. My wifi is back, finally. It's still day? Thought we'd be going night by now so I can at least get a kill (if my teammate agrees of course).
in this day and age, i thought everyone would have access to cell phone data and/or a library
town

aphix wrote:
In post 263, NotTheRealPaul wrote:
In post 259, aphix wrote:Welp, this game is going to be another shit show, and that right there is a good indicator I'm not going to be playing with MWAP again.
scumclaim 2? idk maybe its reachy but felt like a thing partner would say bcuz idk why town really posts this

*shrug*
In post 264, NotTheRealPaul wrote:everyones next post should include
VOTE: MWAP
No, no and no. It's because I pretty much 90% believe MWAP will flip town. And that he should replace out of he doesn't want to play. Also, won't be voting him. So when he flips town, you can say I knew he was going to flip town as I as scum and when he flips scum you can say I wasn't on his wagon as I'm his partner. So yeah.

Also, you don't see why town would say this? Because it makes the game a shit show is what this does. If he's scum and he claims scum, that doesn't make it a good game. If he's town and he claims scum, it also makes it a bad game. Either way it becomes a worse game. Already people aren't posting .... There isn't motivation to get anything done. Shitty game. Sad day.
town

JaeReed wrote:@mwap regardless of alignment you shouldn't make posts like that. If you're town you're muddying the waters for your fellow townies, and if you're scum you're claiming scum. Neither alignment does that work toward your win condition.

Do you have any reads?
town

osuka wrote:"shitty game, sad day" I agree with - but it's gamethrowing either way and the last time I saw a scumcrumb of that caliber, they flipped scum. it's fucked but what can you do
In post 266, NotTheRealPaul wrote:why the fuck does he flip town? do u think he intentionally being a little shit to get mislynched?
at this point what can you do? he's either gamethrowing town or gamethrowing scum, and in either case i'm fine with getting him lynched
scum

osuka wrote:
In post 279, Man With a Plan wrote:
In post 276, osuka wrote:it
is
poor form to question real life reasons when it comes to the game, but your activity is nonetheless shit, you should've left vla if you knew you weren't gonna have access and you haven't produced any content at all yet, not to mention the last post in which you gamethrew hard (regardless of alignment)

i'd say at least one of those is worst form than questioning rl
Produce content? I'm not FouseyTube, nor do I owe you or anyone else anything. You're free to have an opinion, but all this gibberish about "gamethrowing" (which I won't bother discussing because
a:
don't know what that means and
b:
isn't the point of my post). You'll have to deal with me having better things to do. Unless you plan to somehow
make
me spend stretches of time here that you deem appropriate. Which I doubt you'll be able to do. I'm cool, but you won't come at me sideways. I don't play that. Best come correct when you come to me.
since you don't seem to know what the fuck you're talking about, let me explain myself a bit further as the concepts that i originally deemed to be blatantly obvious are, very obviously, not.

googling gamethrowing is a good place to start if you have absolutely no clue what it is. If you are not devoid of language skills, however, then you might be able to guess that it is the act of "throwing" a game; playing to lose. Picking on the way people put out ideas is not only bad for your argument, but it also makes you look fucking stupid

you're all pissy because you don't wanna play the game and you're fucking it up for the people who do. you're inactive, you're playing against your win condition and you're in general just being a fuck towards other players, presumably because you feel personally attacked in a game that's uncomfortable for everyone 90% of the time.

you don't owe me anything but I don't owe you anything either and you be as much of an ass as you want. but trust me, I know how to be worse
scum

DoctorPepper wrote:
In post 258, Man With a Plan wrote:Damn. My wifi is back, finally. It's still day? Thought we'd be going night by now so I can at least get a kill (if my teammate agrees of course).
VOTE: Man With a Plan

Claiming scum is a fucking policy lynch.
scum

^^^ why i think that pushing on her earlier statements is more scum-indicative than town indicative

town!troll scumclaimed
one townie took it seriously and pushed it as a pl
*both* scum did that

one townie called her town anyways
one townie didn't have a reaction at all (commetning on wifi access)
one townie said she shouldn't make posts like that because it's bad as either alignment and asked her what her reads are

iirc she got banned for being a troll after this game

hence, i think scum are more likely to react to a scumclaim made by a townie by pushing them for gamethrowing and/or on policy - it's really easy to make the 'correct' push of lynching someone who claimed scum that you incidentally know is lying; and the next day, when they flip town, who can blame you - after all, they literally claimed scum?

==
In post 134, NotNova wrote:Either I'm braindead or this is the most opaque scumclaim possible and my initial claim was correct.

If you're seeing some town rationale for WHY she would do so, I'm open to hearing it — but don't tell me I'm pulling the scumclaim out of a hat.
i mean this was written after our convo yesterday
yesterday her reasoning/statements were a lot more vague/unclear and it was not at all clear to me that she was literally claiming scum at that point

tbh i kinda think she's town; my best explanation rn for what she's been up to is town!troll.

i would like her to explain what's been going on tho. if that doesn't happen (and/or depending on the quality of the explanation), i think she should probably be today's lynch because she's made a complete muddle of her slot and i don't think it's a good idea to have her around anywhere close to endgame for a whole host of reasons; in lylo her slot will have too many question marks and if she's town i don't really trust her judgement anyways; there isn't a vig in this game to resolve her otherwise

==

thespio's town imo

==
In post 142, Mewtaph wrote:I think PraiseOurLordBiggieCheese's post and successive prods are underwhelming. I don't see enough motivation coming off of that post that I would expect from new!town - makes me think it's new!scum trying to fade into the background after they've rolled scum in their first game.
VOTE: PraiseOurLordBiggieCheese
his first post bothered me a bit because he was making an rvs post after there was already content to talk about; it felt to me a bit like he didn't know what to say
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #176 (isolation #25) » Thu Nov 29, 2018 7:09 am

Post by skitter30 »

In post 163, NotAJumbleOfNumbers wrote:
In post 162, starrydash wrote:If Yyota actually wants to be lynched then i guess UNVOTE: Skitter[ /unvote] and VOTE: Yyotta [ /vote]
You’re not supposed to use the spaces in the vote tags, silly.
this feels a little scummy to me, that when starry failed to actually vote correctly, he pops in to tell her how to fix it - he doens't seem to have much of a problem here with yyotta being almost-hammered

==

i'm not sure why mewtaph was killed? most obvious answer is that he was pushing numbers and that's why he killed? that or scum thought he was a pr would be my best guess

==
In post 174, 0verki11 wrote:
In post 173, Doughboy wrote:If it was an experience kill wouldn’t that be the IC?
Safer kill, also Skitter could be a target today for a lynch after the Yvotta lynch.
people trying to mislynch me for being right, that's always fun

==

i very, very, very strongly believe that there is at least one scum on that wagon, if not both

the only person i townread on there is thespio

still think notnova is kinda scummy, really don't like ; again, that feels to me exactly like scum trying to get people to push the literal 'scumclaim'; in retrospect i don't think in my convo with him about rvs votes he was particularly trying to get me to vote on yyotta; i think i read too much into that; his vote itself was probably fine i think; i don't like how he pushed her after

i have like no thoughts on starrydash; i'm not sure how much experience she has and that'll affect my approach to how i read her

douhboy's vote was kinda meh; kinda looks like what i imagine a scum vote on that wagon would look like tbh

overkill's vote was ok; the one thing i don't like from him rn is that he feels very defensive wrt to the 'friend taking my phone and claiming mafia' thing; he's like pre-emptively defensive and seems very worried about how people will percieve him because of that

==

@starrydash, can you talk about your previous mafia expereince?
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #179 (isolation #26) » Thu Nov 29, 2018 8:04 am

Post by skitter30 »

i mean i get that these things can happen as a joke, and that the joke itself probably doesn't have much to do with your alignment, but you keep on bringing it up and are like defending yourself against it before people even ask; that makes me feel like you feel very self-conscoius about it, and i think that's more likely to come from scum
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #183 (isolation #27) » Thu Nov 29, 2018 9:19 am

Post by skitter30 »

In post 181, Thespio wrote:
In post 179, skitter30 wrote:i mean i get that these things can happen as a joke, and that the joke itself probably doesn't have much to do with your alignment, but you keep on bringing it up and are like defending yourself against it before people even ask; that makes me feel like you feel very self-conscoius about it, and i think that's more likely to come from scum
Who are you talking to?
overkill, wrt to the 'friend stole my phone and fake-claimed mafia' incident
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #186 (isolation #28) » Thu Nov 29, 2018 12:32 pm

Post by skitter30 »

vla for a couple of days, peobably till sunday
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #215 (isolation #29) » Sat Dec 01, 2018 4:55 pm

Post by skitter30 »

In post 188, 0verki11 wrote:I spoke a couple of times about it, and mainly with Number who was scumreading me for it. If you think that explaining stuff and motives is defensive then I legit don't know what to do here because not reacting to it im considered scummy. I can claim my if it isnt already so obvious.
In post 113, 0verki11 wrote:Also, anybody saying I thetared the entire thing.
What would be the scum benifit that I couldnt easily get.
^^^ feels pre-emptive and overly defensive to me given that nobody had suggested that you were scum for it (ie you were responding to an argument nobody had made at that point)

actually rereading it was just this one time; i thought it happened more often than it actually did, apologies. either way i think the above post is quite bad
In post 189, 0verki11 wrote:Also Skitter, is town not supposed to be defensive towards cases on them? Ignoring cases is considered scummy on my other played site.
a) my point is that nobody had made a case on you at the time of 113; you weren't ignoring anything
b) i associate defensiveness with scumminess
In post 193, 0verki11 wrote:Im 90% sure that Skitter is town as I agree with almost everything in the first post today they did. I don't belevive that there is 100% a scum on the Yvotta wagon, however if its anybody its Doughboy I think but I need to read their iso.
(i'm a she btw)

i would be shocked if there weren't scum on that wagon

==
In post 194, Doughboy wrote:When a player claims scum it’s easy for scum to stay off the wagon. So I’m with overkill in that regard. I don’t know why anyone thinks my vote looked bad, a player claimed scum and asked to be lynched. I don’t see why any townie would do such a thing. I actually think maybe we should lynch numbers but I need to catch up on the game better.
what do you think of overkill's claiming scum and his later claiming that his friend stole his phone and posted it as a joke

also the fact that the two people who are saying they think scum weren't on the wagon are people who themselves were on the wagon is not a good look imo

==
In post 195, Doughboy wrote:Inb4 both scum just declared v/la ;)
don't shade me for taking v/la for a few days; you don't know what's going on in my life rn

explain why you're suggesting i'm scum here and why you think it might be with notnova

==
In post 201, Thespio wrote:were all glossing over the fact we had someone hammer with 4 irl days until eod?
i don't think starrydash has much experience with mafia (i guess we'll never find out now)
so i'm not sure she understood the implications of what she was doing

i'm more concerned that numbers popped in after she messed up the formatting of her vote and told her how to fix it without pointing out it was about to end the day or talk about the wagon at all

==

thespio is still hilariously townie
overkill may be too; not sure

meh about everyone else rn

VOTE: numbers

i guess let's go here for now

@everyone it might be a good idea to be voting since we only have a little more than four days left
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #217 (isolation #30) » Sat Dec 01, 2018 5:12 pm

Post by skitter30 »

that one post was bad
holistically i feel that you're +town, especially given my dearth of other townreads

i'm trying to reconcile the two and rn i'm feeling like you're on the townier side
my one paranoia is that you told you're friend that you were scum and he thought it would be funny to prank you by writing that in thread but like there's really no way for me to determine that either way
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #226 (isolation #31) » Sun Dec 02, 2018 9:37 am

Post by skitter30 »

In post 218, Doughboy wrote:
In post 215, skitter30 wrote:don't shade me for taking v/la for a few days; you don't know what's going on in my life rn

explain why you're suggesting i'm scum here and why you think it might be with notnova
See that wink at the end? That implies it is a joke. Get a sense of humor please.
it read as shading to me, and i did not appreciate it
In post 219, Doughboy wrote:
In post 215, skitter30 wrote:what do you think of overkill's claiming scum and his later claiming that his friend stole his phone and posted it as a joke

also the fact that the two people who are saying they think scum weren't on the wagon are people who themselves were on the wagon is not a good look imo
Haven’t really thought about either to be honest. So I have no opinions on it right now
ok, so can you think about both of these things and give an opinion?

or talk about who you find scummy? or townie? or anything?

i'm finding it troubling that i don't really know anything about your reads at this stage; you feel kinda active-lurking-y to me tbh
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #227 (isolation #32) » Sun Dec 02, 2018 2:05 pm

Post by skitter30 »

@mod can you prod numbers please?
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #230 (isolation #33) » Sun Dec 02, 2018 2:30 pm

Post by skitter30 »

In post 226, skitter30 wrote:or talk about who you find scummy? or townie? or anything?
@doughboy
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #234 (isolation #34) » Sun Dec 02, 2018 2:54 pm

Post by skitter30 »

In post 231, Doughboy wrote:I don’t have any reads. I was behind day 1, town trolled and ruined the game and I don’t really know where to go from here. You can’t analzy the lynch wagon. You can’t analyze the NK. It’s basically day 1 all over again.
I disagree; i think its entirely possible to form opinions on the day1 wagon, and i also think its scummy of you not to have reads at this point
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #236 (isolation #35) » Sun Dec 02, 2018 2:57 pm

Post by skitter30 »

In post 232, Doughboy wrote:I don’t like the votes for numbers. You don’t even have a reason and the reason the other person gave is bad.
I said i thought it was scummy of him to pop in when starrydash messed up the formatting to tell her how to correct it, enabling her to place the hammer vote - i thought this was scummy because he was not on the wagon and iirc had no opinions about the wagon. He facilitated a hammer vote without having really caught up as far as i can tell

I also think its scummy of you to say that i disnt give a reason when i said why i didnt like him in the same post that i voted him
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #237 (isolation #36) » Sun Dec 02, 2018 2:58 pm

Post by skitter30 »

In post 233, NotAJumbleOfNumbers wrote:
In post 213, 0verki11 wrote:
In post 210, NotAJumbleOfNumbers wrote:
In post 192, 0verki11 wrote:
In post 113, 0verki11 wrote:Also, anybody saying I thetared the entire thing.
What would be the scum benifit that I couldnt easily get.
If anything, this is the only post you could class as a little over-defensive, but even then, why am I not allowed to point it out.
Admittily I shouldnt of said that so I could get better reactions from that. (It wasnt a reaction test but in hindsight I should of treated as one)
You never really explained why there would be no benefit to the claim if you were scum though.
What do I get out of claiming scum in that situation?
Can you try to answer your own question that you posed?
Hi, do you have any reads?

What do u think of the votes on you?
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #239 (isolation #37) » Sun Dec 02, 2018 2:59 pm

Post by skitter30 »

I dont understand what youre trying to say
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #241 (isolation #38) » Sun Dec 02, 2018 3:03 pm

Post by skitter30 »

In post 240, Doughboy wrote:Oh I missed the “why” in that last sentence. My bad.

Ao rereading that, I didn’t actually consider that an actual reason. Since you are saying it is, I dislike your vote even more
Ok, explain why you dont like it
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #242 (isolation #39) » Sun Dec 02, 2018 3:14 pm

Post by skitter30 »

In post 241, skitter30 wrote:
In post 240, Doughboy wrote:Oh I missed the “why” in that last sentence. My bad.

Ao rereading that, I didn’t actually consider that an actual reason. Since you are saying it is, I dislike your vote even more
Ok, explain why you dont like it
Or, more accurately, why is this not an actual reason?
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #244 (isolation #40) » Sun Dec 02, 2018 3:21 pm

Post by skitter30 »

Meh, i still think it was scummy of him; i think part of what i dont like about is that he never seemed to have caught up and i think it would have been better for the gamestate for him to have done that than for the day to have ended in a hammer just then.

I appreciate that you explained tho because it helps me see what youre thinking about the game
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #257 (isolation #41) » Mon Dec 03, 2018 7:42 am

Post by skitter30 »

In post 252, crusty wrote:
In post 251, NotNova wrote:I think scum is in overki11/starrydash, will explain when I get home tonight with a complete readslist.
Hey, I like these reads. I'm down to lynch starrydash.

(btw ... this is my first-ever post in a mafia game, so if I'm doing something wrong, please yell at me.)
who did you think you replaced?
In post 253, crusty wrote:Thespio makes a really good case against 0verki11 actually. Can I vote for him?
what do you like about thespio's case against overkill?

you can vote for whoever you like, but people may ask you questions about why you chose to vote the way you did

however, make sure before you cast the hammer vote (the vote that will make a lynch happen and will end the day) that everyone is ready for a lynch to happen and for the day to end

the vc will say what number vote will be the hammer vote - in this dayphase, since there are 7 people alive, the fourth vote on the same person will be the hammer vote and lynch them
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #265 (isolation #42) » Mon Dec 03, 2018 3:14 pm

Post by skitter30 »

In post 258, crusty wrote:
In post 256, Thespio wrote:
In post 253, crusty wrote:Thespio makes a really good case against 0verki11 actually. Can I vote for him?
what case? I think hes scummy, but what is it you would be voting based on?
a much more experienced player than i doesn't trust him
can you answer the questions i asked please?

==
In post 261, NotAJumbleOfNumbers wrote:VOTE: 0verki11
I’m voting for the person that I think is the most scummy because the deadline is approaching and we need to utilize our votes quickly.
talk a little more about why you find him the most scummy?

==
In post 262, NotNova wrote:a lot of her predictions came off as TMI + positioning for D2 after an obvious (from scum-perspective) mislynch.
that or having seen a similar situation before and finding parallels between what happened there and what had happened here

(btw you can link to a particular post writing [post]post #[ /post] without a space between the '[' and '/')
In post 262, NotNova wrote:The simplest way to describe Doughboy's play is - lazy. The only question is if it's lazy town or lazy scum.
that's basically how i feel about his presence on the mislynch yesterday - lazily facilating the obvious mislynch and enabling it to happen

his complete lack of interst in trying to solve the game and form reads here is also bothering me
In post 262, NotNova wrote:Overki11 has tried to justify his non-scumminess at several points without absolutely any provocation - I think this is indicative of an overawareness that isn't likely to come from town. This preoccupation with defending oneself at the expense of progressing any tangible reads definitely looks very scummy when taken holistically.
this is what was bothering me about pre-emptively defending the friend's scumclaim thing

i like your reads a lot actually; they're well-reasoned; they make me +town on you

==
In post 264, NotNova wrote:or Numbers trying to eliminate a less townread player in an effort not to get lynched (skitter/Thespio is a soft townblock, and they're both on his wagon.)
explain this again? i'm not quite following
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #266 (isolation #43) » Mon Dec 03, 2018 3:15 pm

Post by skitter30 »

crusty do you think you'll be catching up?
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #267 (isolation #44) » Mon Dec 03, 2018 3:16 pm

Post by skitter30 »

given that we have less than three days i think we should be trying to consolidate on a lynch imo
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #270 (isolation #45) » Mon Dec 03, 2018 6:17 pm

Post by skitter30 »

that's the third vote btw, the l-1 vote

i *strongly* do not believe that we're ready for the day to end

nobody should be hammering here before giving intent and giving overkill a chance to claim

VOTE: crusty
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #276 (isolation #46) » Mon Dec 03, 2018 8:24 pm

Post by skitter30 »

In post 274, 0verki11 wrote:
In post 270, skitter30 wrote:that's the third vote btw, the l-1 vote

nobody should be hammering here before giving intent and giving overkill a chance to claim

Cool, claiming Tracker
ok, i think you should have waited until someone gave intent, but fair enough

we're going to do this correctly

i'd like someone on the wagon to unvote for now to prevent lolhammers while we sort this out

@everyone: if you're a role that knows that he's lying (ie you're actually a tracker, or a neopolitan - there is no setup with both a neopolitan and tracker ) you're going to say in your next post that you counterclaim (but do not specify which role you are please)

if you are not a tracker or neopolitan, in your next post please say that you do not counterclaim

this way, if he's scum fake-claiming to save himself, we should be able to figure it out by narrowing the pool of suspects for today to two people that we know contains a liar

if you're town please do not lie about your role here

i do not counterclaim
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #278 (isolation #47) » Mon Dec 03, 2018 8:27 pm

Post by skitter30 »

right, i think i remember thinking there was something funky in that post

for the record i believe you but since this is a newbie game and a semi-open i think we should do it the right way and explicitly make sure nobody is counter-claiming here
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #303 (isolation #48) » Tue Dec 04, 2018 6:31 am

Post by skitter30 »

In post 279, crusty wrote:
In post 274, 0verki11 wrote:
In post 270, skitter30 wrote:that's the third vote btw, the l-1 vote

Cool, claiming Tracker
Do you hard claim?
please specify if you counterclaim (if you're a tracker or neopoitan)
or if you don't counterclaim (if you're anything else)

==
In post 292, Thespio wrote:*Neapolitan, Tracker, or doctor counter claims would be contrary to overkill, if you are a pr and not one of these 3 do not claim.
actually doc/tracker can coexist (cell c3 of the chart)

==
In post 295, Doughboy wrote:2015 player should know that. I feel much better about my vote.
a) it's a relatively new setup; has only been around since january iirc; if he hasn't played in a few years he might not be familiar with the setup given that he's playing as a newbie; the age of his account isn't really relevant to this imo

b) i don't understand why being confused about the setup is a reason to vote him. like why is this scummy of him?

==
yeah someone semi-broke the setup - there was a whole strategy where if there was a 1shot bp they could claim first on day 1 and basically be an ic till they died (ie if someone claimed on a later day after people already asked for the bp claim it would be taken as a scumclaim, or scum could cc day1 but then there's a 1v1 day1 that containing one scum)

so they spent a while coming up with a new setup (the current one)
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #304 (isolation #49) » Tue Dec 04, 2018 6:36 am

Post by skitter30 »

In post 300, Thespio wrote:
In post 299, Doughboy wrote:
In post 298, Thespio wrote:Thats what I was used to^
Except you have a completed game with the new setup and you’re playing in another.
yeah I take longer then 1 game where we dont really use the setup at all to memorize a 4x3 graph, sorry, not sorry.
i actually had to go back and check the chart too, because i haven't memorized it either
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #311 (isolation #50) » Tue Dec 04, 2018 6:52 am

Post by skitter30 »

In post 305, Doughboy wrote:
In post 303, skitter30 wrote:don't understand why being confused about the setup is a reason to vote him. like why is this scummy of him?
That wasn’t my reason to vote him. Its scummy though because he’s trying to mislead people.
i don't see intent to mislead from him; i see him accidentally misreading a chart

i think it's scummy that you're pushing him for this

VOTE: doughboy

==
In post 307, Doughboy wrote:
In post 303, skitter30 wrote:yeah someone semi-broke the setup - there was a whole strategy where if there was a 1shot bp they could claim first on day 1 and basically be an ic till they died (ie if someone claimed on a later day after people already asked for the bp claim it would be taken as a scumclaim, or scum could cc day1 but then there's a 1v1 day1 that containing one scum)

so they spent a while coming up with a new setup (the current one)
And people have tried to break this one. I will say that whoever suggest tracker claiming day 1 is wrong and should not be listened to. I made this mistake and it doesn’t break or even semi break the game.
i mean i don't think anybody suggested trying to do that to break the game; he claimed tracker because he was at l1

p-edit i also find it scummy that you only have the one read at this stage
can you maybe link a scumgame?
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #327 (isolation #51) » Tue Dec 04, 2018 7:39 am

Post by skitter30 »

In post 313, Doughboy wrote:
In post 311, skitter30 wrote:i think it's scummy that you're pushing him for this
Except I’m not pushing him for it. It helps solidify my read but I’m pushing him for something completely different
you're calling him scummy for trying to mislead people; i consider that pushing him for this

==
In post 314, Doughboy wrote:No not this game. Im just throwing it out there as an FYI since you brought up game breaking strategies. I tried to do that in a previous game. It didn’t work and everyone agreed it’s not a good strategy.
i was only really bringing it up in the context of why people don't use that setup anymore
In post 314, Doughboy wrote:Why is that scummy?
you're ascribing ill motivation/intent to his actions that i don't think actually exists
In post 317, Doughboy wrote:Skitter’s vote on me is also bad because he misrepped me. I didn’t vote you for misleading people. I’m not scum reading you for misleading people. All that did was make me feel better about my scum read. Like if somebody does something scummy and then does something else scummy after that, that supports your read. It isn’t the basis for it.
(i'm a she btw)

i didn't say you voted him for misleading people, i said you were pushing him for it (ie calling him scummy for it)

i don't really get where i'm supposed to have misrepped you

==

3 votes on doughboy; he's at l1

DO NOT VOTE HIM OR END THE DAY BEFORE WE SORT OUT THE TRACKER THING

DO NOT VOTE HIM OR END THE DAY WITHOUT GETTING A CLAIM FROM HIM, PREFERABLY AFTER WE SORT OUT THE TRACKER THING

==
In post 323, NotNova wrote:They were at 2 votes at the time - I think this can be alarming to newb!scum. In addition to the two of you, only 0verki11 has presented any real suspicion on their slot. Thespio/skitter is a perceived townblock (and there can be only one scum among you), so Numbers tries to divert attention from themselves by presenting a wagon on a player who is a) not very townread and b) finds them suspicious.
got it, the way you presented it the first time was hard for me to follow
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #331 (isolation #52) » Tue Dec 04, 2018 7:47 am

Post by skitter30 »

i mean i'm voting doughboy and i just said i thought him scummy ...

i'm not sure what other thoughts you'd like from me on him
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #334 (isolation #53) » Tue Dec 04, 2018 7:53 am

Post by skitter30 »

In post 332, Thespio wrote:
In post 331, skitter30 wrote:i mean i'm voting doughboy and i just said i thought him scummy ...

i'm not sure what other thoughts you'd like from me on him
If hes scum, who do you think will flip his buddy?
idk; i try not to think about pre-flip associatives at this stage
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #337 (isolation #54) » Tue Dec 04, 2018 7:56 am

Post by skitter30 »

In post 333, Doughboy wrote:
In post 327, skitter30 wrote:you're calling him scummy for trying to mislead people; i consider that pushing him for this
Sharing my opinion isn’t pushing but ok. Agree to disagree I guess.
In post 327, skitter30 wrote:you're ascribing ill motivation/intent to his actions that i don't think actually exists
But it doesn’t matter what you think exsists, it matters what I think exsists. So agree to disagree again.
In post 327, skitter30 wrote:i don't really get where i'm supposed to have misrepped you
you said I was pushing him for misreading the chart. That’s not accurate
i think we have a disagreement over what the word 'pushes' means - i think you calling him scummy constitutes as 'pushing', and i think that's where part of the confusion here comes from

wrt to the second quote - i disagree - if my interpretation of events is different than yours, i may choose to push you for it, so what i think exists does matter in that context

sure, we can agree to disagree
i think you saying that he is trying to mislead people wrt the chart is scummy
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #339 (isolation #55) » Tue Dec 04, 2018 7:58 am

Post by skitter30 »

In post 335, Thespio wrote:
In post 333, Doughboy wrote:you said I was pushing him for misreading the chart. That’s not accurate
Im really hoping you are scum and not just anti-town, but skitter is saying you should have trying to push me as misrepresenting not based on the hammer. because you not wanting us to count the hammer is susp.
i've actually kinda moved past that and that's not my main problem rn

i dislike that he's finding you scummy for misreading the chart because i think it's an honest mistake and i don't like how he said you were trying to mislead people becasue i think that's a scummy way of framing a relatively benign situation

i also dislike that he only has the one read at this stage
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #340 (isolation #56) » Tue Dec 04, 2018 7:59 am

Post by skitter30 »

In post 338, Doughboy wrote:Skitter said I’m scummy for pushing you for misrepresenting. That’s not what I did at all.
In post 303, skitter30 wrote:don't understand why being confused about the setup is a reason to vote him. like why is this scummy of him?
That wasn’t my reason to vote him. Its scummy though because he’s trying to mislead people.
what did you mean by this
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #343 (isolation #57) » Tue Dec 04, 2018 8:02 am

Post by skitter30 »

In post 310, Doughboy wrote:I don’t have reads on all the active players rn. For now tracker claim is legit until otherwise countered. I’m scum reading you. The rest idk how I feel about them yet.
one scumread
think the tracker claim is legit (i don't really call this a read, but whatever)
don't have reads on anyone else

disagree that i'm misrepping you here
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #350 (isolation #58) » Tue Dec 04, 2018 8:08 am

Post by skitter30 »

In post 344, Doughboy wrote:
In post 340, skitter30 wrote:
In post 338, Doughboy wrote:Skitter said I’m scummy for pushing you for misrepresenting. That’s not what I did at all.
what did you mean by this
It means I’m scum reading him for something else but what he did with the misleading people was still scummy.

That’s pretty self explanatory though so what was the point of asking that?
so you're objecting to me saying that you pushed him for misleading people? and you're saying that's not accurate because you didn't push him, but rather just called him scummy for it? is that accurate?

i'm asking because i think on some level we're communicating with each other badly so i'm trying to understand what you're trying to say
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #352 (isolation #59) » Tue Dec 04, 2018 8:10 am

Post by skitter30 »

In post 345, Doughboy wrote:
In post 343, skitter30 wrote:
In post 310, Doughboy wrote:I don’t have reads on all the active players rn. For now tracker claim is legit until otherwise countered. I’m scum reading you. The rest idk how I feel about them yet.
one scumread
think the tracker claim is legit (i don't really call this a read, but whatever)
don't have reads on anyone else

disagree that i'm misrepping you here
You can’t take me giving a read and then dismissing it as not having one. I have a scum read and a town read. That’s 2 so you did misrep me.
well, i don't really consider 'beliveing a pr claim' a read, since it isn't based on behavior but rather than mechanics

i don't think i'm misrepping you; i think we're using hte same words but each of us have slightly different defintions to those words and it's causing confusion; that's why i'm being pedantic about this because i'm trying to understand what you're saying here
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #354 (isolation #60) » Tue Dec 04, 2018 8:11 am

Post by skitter30 »

@doughboy do you think i'm misrepping you on purpose?
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #356 (isolation #61) » Tue Dec 04, 2018 8:12 am

Post by skitter30 »

In post 353, Doughboy wrote:
In post 350, skitter30 wrote:so you're objecting to me saying that you pushed him for misleading people? and you're saying that's not accurate because you didn't push him, but rather just called him scummy for it? is that accurate?

i'm asking because i think on some level we're communicating with each other badly so i'm trying to understand what you're trying to say
I am not pushing him for misleading people. That’s what I’m saying. You said I was. That’s a misrep.

I’m pushing him for his two earlier votes and the reasons for it.
ok, is it accurate to say: you think he's scummy for misleading people wrt to the chart thing (while also consideirng him scummy for other reasons)?
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #362 (isolation #62) » Tue Dec 04, 2018 8:18 am

Post by skitter30 »

In post 357, Doughboy wrote:
In post 354, skitter30 wrote:@doughboy do you think i'm misrepping you on purpose?
Kind of. Yes.
ok, i disagree that i was misrepping you
i thought we were talking about the same thing, but talking to you more i realized that you don't have the same definitions for words as i do and read my words differently than i intended so i'll try to be more careful about that

back to the matter at hand: i find it scummy that you thought he was misleading people with the chart because i think he made a mistake and i don't hink there was any ill intent or that he did it on purpose in order to try to confuse people

suppose he is scum and he did it on purpose - what does scum!him gain by saying tracker/doctor can't coexist?
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #367 (isolation #63) » Tue Dec 04, 2018 8:28 am

Post by skitter30 »

In post 364, Doughboy wrote:
In post 362, skitter30 wrote:suppose he is scum and he did it on purpose - what does scum!him gain by saying tracker/doctor can't coexist?
He hopes that maybe he can get the doctor that claim thus making it easier for scum to win.
UNVOTE:
for now, i'd like to rethink this a bit
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #392 (isolation #64) » Tue Dec 04, 2018 9:29 am

Post by skitter30 »

In post 372, Thespio wrote:
In post 371, Doughboy wrote:
In post 368, Thespio wrote:Oh wait, im sold on the doughboy, he says scum knows layout, only scum would be able to definitively say that. scum cant tell layout if we are in column 2, but if we are in 3 they can, and doughboy claims they can.
Scum already know which column were in. Depending on the column, they know the setup.

Nice misrep

Dude you said there was a doc, so if you don’t claim doc you are scum, only scum would know layout if doc. Your Friedan slip got you.
where did he say there was a doc?
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #394 (isolation #65) » Tue Dec 04, 2018 9:30 am

Post by skitter30 »

In post 380, Doughboy wrote:No where do I say I know there is a doctor in this setup. I did say scum know what setup it is.
well, more accurately, i think they know what column we're in; if we're in a or c i think they know the setup, if we're in b they don't know if it's cop/tracker/rolecop or jk/tracker/rolecop
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #395 (isolation #66) » Tue Dec 04, 2018 9:32 am

Post by skitter30 »

i think how annoyed/frustrated he is rn at not being understood is a little bit townie
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #399 (isolation #67) » Tue Dec 04, 2018 9:59 am

Post by skitter30 »

meh,back to here for now

skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #401 (isolation #68) » Tue Dec 04, 2018 10:01 am

Post by skitter30 »

i don't think he's scum
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #402 (isolation #69) » Tue Dec 04, 2018 10:03 am

Post by skitter30 »

In post 397, Doughboy wrote:You keep shading me without saying what I’ve done that’s antitown.

I could argue you pushing something that’s nai as AI and blatantly ignoring my explanations, role fishing, and misleading people as antitown if you aren’t scum.

So what exactly am I doing that’s anti town?
wrt to the hammer thing - i don't think having a differing opinion as you wrt whether or not the quickhammer was ai and pushing someone based on that opinion is scummy

idon't think he was ignoring your explanations, more not understanding them

i don't think he rolefished

i don't think he was mislreading people, i think he made a mistake
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #404 (isolation #70) » Tue Dec 04, 2018 10:20 am

Post by skitter30 »

i think he initially thought you said you knew there was a doc, and the ensuing convo was based on that mistaken assumption
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #408 (isolation #71) » Tue Dec 04, 2018 10:44 am

Post by skitter30 »

idk

none of the reasons you're giving for scumreading him really feel scummy to me rn
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #411 (isolation #72) » Tue Dec 04, 2018 10:48 am

Post by skitter30 »

and if he's town tomorrow we're in lylo?

and i'm not scumreading him rn?
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #413 (isolation #73) » Tue Dec 04, 2018 10:52 am

Post by skitter30 »

ok, we can talk about that after he flips, sure
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #425 (isolation #74) » Tue Dec 04, 2018 11:22 am

Post by skitter30 »

/le sigh

yeah that's where i thought we were going

ok

@everyone: if you know we aren't in setup 3c (ie you're a cop or neopolitan or jk) please say that you cc ( i guess don't specify the role)

otherwise please say that you don't

we're not lynching either overkill or doughboy today

barring ccs doughboy should doc overkill tonight

if doughboy is telling the truth he dies almost always tonight so he gets resolved that way and we don't have to worry about him anymore today

we're lynching in me/notnova/crusty/thespio/jumble today

(again, if someone counterclaims this plan may change)
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #427 (isolation #75) » Tue Dec 04, 2018 11:24 am

Post by skitter30 »

i need to reread the thespio/doughboy doc convo in light of this tho
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #431 (isolation #76) » Tue Dec 04, 2018 11:29 am

Post by skitter30 »

In post 366, Thespio wrote:
In post 359, Doughboy wrote:That post just made me feel better about my push. It’s not the reason for it as you implied.
Doughboy, this is just going to go in circles until you claim, or you tell us your reads. if you dont have any, get some. you can still scumread me. just read everyone.

Also, are you claiming doc?

Im at work so my posts have gaps from when i start and end, but did you just soft claim doc?

Also scum doesnt, tracker still leaves 2 options in collumn 2.
not entirely sure scum (who know whether or not we're in column 3) would so blatantly ask this tbh
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #433 (isolation #77) » Tue Dec 04, 2018 11:32 am

Post by skitter30 »

In post 404, skitter30 wrote:i think he initially thought you said you knew there was a doc, and the ensuing convo was based on that mistaken assumption
basically i think he thought you said you knew there was a doc, and since you said you weren't a doc he thought that meant you were scum - they're the only other people who could know whether or not there's a doc
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #434 (isolation #78) » Tue Dec 04, 2018 11:33 am

Post by skitter30 »

In post 428, Doughboy wrote:
In post 427, skitter30 wrote:i need to reread the thespio/doughboy doc convo in light of this tho
Ole. You don’t get to try and save face now. It was very clear what he was doing. He was role fishing and you denied it was.

Tracker needs to confirm your his partner after he flips scum. That’s the only way anyone should listen to you.
sounds good!
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #436 (isolation #79) » Tue Dec 04, 2018 11:37 am

Post by skitter30 »

hey, this'll be another game where i don't get nk'd
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #439 (isolation #80) » Tue Dec 04, 2018 11:39 am

Post by skitter30 »

In post 438, Doughboy wrote:
In post 436, skitter30 wrote:hey, this'll be another game where i don't get nk'd
Scum can’t get nkd in newbies.
i apparently possess some unnatural skill where i just about never get nk'd and end up in lylo most of the time
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #440 (isolation #81) » Tue Dec 04, 2018 11:39 am

Post by skitter30 »

although that trend does seem to be reversing in recent games
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #442 (isolation #82) » Tue Dec 04, 2018 11:41 am

Post by skitter30 »

In post 441, Doughboy wrote:Logging off now cause the only active people are scum. Town this game are disappointing

i'm town
i'm pretty sure you're town

i think thespio is town too; i'm not really interested in lynching him today

i want to lynch crusty i think

but have a great night!
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #445 (isolation #83) » Tue Dec 04, 2018 11:51 am

Post by skitter30 »

also in the eventuality that we determine that there are no ccs, overkill should share his result from last night before we lynch today
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #452 (isolation #84) » Tue Dec 04, 2018 11:59 am

Post by skitter30 »

In post 449, AnonymousGhost wrote:
In post 447, Thespio wrote:@mod, do we have a player for every slot or is someone named replacement?
Yes. Apologies for not adjusting it.

Thank you for informing me.
possible to get a vc when you have a chance?

thanks!
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #460 (isolation #85) » Tue Dec 04, 2018 12:27 pm

Post by skitter30 »

i think he's planning on replacing out so i think this argument can probably be laid to rest
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #462 (isolation #86) » Tue Dec 04, 2018 12:29 pm

Post by skitter30 »

you mean active on site?

yeah i'm a little bit suspicious of him because i can tell he's posting elsewhere but he isn't posting here all that much
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #479 (isolation #87) » Tue Dec 04, 2018 1:39 pm

Post by skitter30 »

i think this is a tvt argument
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #485 (isolation #88) » Tue Dec 04, 2018 2:06 pm

Post by skitter30 »

In post 482, Doughboy wrote:
In post 479, skitter30 wrote:i think this is a tvt argument
You sort of have the say that. He’s your partner
no, i'm saying that because i think you're both town
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #506 (isolation #89) » Wed Dec 05, 2018 5:10 am

Post by skitter30 »

I will vote thespio to prevent a no-lynch but i dont think he's flipping scum and i dont really want to do that

I think the fact that jumble is in prod-range again despite posting elsewhere and being onsite is scummy
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #508 (isolation #90) » Wed Dec 05, 2018 5:23 am

Post by skitter30 »

I'm waiting for a vc to see whats feasible

@mod: please prod jumbles again when you do the vc, thanks :)
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #511 (isolation #91) » Wed Dec 05, 2018 5:31 am

Post by skitter30 »

Its entirely possible for the four of us to lynch crusty

I will vote thespio to prevent a no-lynch

I am not interested in voting you or overkill

I would also be fine with a jumbles lynch but i think thats relatively unlikely to happen
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #514 (isolation #92) » Wed Dec 05, 2018 5:59 am

Post by skitter30 »

No, because youte just going to die overnight, and the surviving six of us will have no new information tomorrow beyond 'the doctor died', which is very similar to what we have now with the addition of you being dead, and one fewer active player to boot

We need to lynch today because no-lynching gives no new info
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #516 (isolation #93) » Wed Dec 05, 2018 6:05 am

Post by skitter30 »

He can only get a hard guilty tho - cant get an inno if we nolynch

I also dont like that he dissapeared either

Idk ill check throughout the day and see whats happening
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #520 (isolation #94) » Wed Dec 05, 2018 6:48 am

Post by skitter30 »

oh sorry, i wasn't talking about you, but rather overkill

but congrats :)
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #522 (isolation #95) » Wed Dec 05, 2018 6:52 am

Post by skitter30 »

(even so if i vote you, you'll only have three votes and we'll need a fourth from one of the inactives)

@doughboy - idon't think scum tell people to lynch them
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #525 (isolation #96) » Wed Dec 05, 2018 7:10 am

Post by skitter30 »

i mean you realize he offered to selfhammer, right?

i'll take "things that scum never say for $600, Alex
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #528 (isolation #97) » Wed Dec 05, 2018 7:18 am

Post by skitter30 »

i really can't remember scum offering to self-hammer ... like ever, in any game i played tbh

and yeah, i can tell that you're refusing to compromise, and that's why i'm seriously contemplating voting someone that i think will flip town to ensure a lynch happens
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #530 (isolation #98) » Wed Dec 05, 2018 7:21 am

Post by skitter30 »

(it'll be lylo tomorrow, not mylo, if there's a town lynch and nk tonight. lylo means if we mislynch we automatically lose, and we also lose if we no-lynch. mylo means we lose if we mislynch, but we can no-lynch and not lose overnight; just explaining the difference in vocabulary)

notnova why do you think thespio is town?
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #532 (isolation #99) » Wed Dec 05, 2018 7:25 am

Post by skitter30 »

actually, notnova, can you talk about your reads in a general sense, like a quick rundown of who you think is town and scum with like a sentence explaining why?
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #544 (isolation #100) » Wed Dec 05, 2018 8:28 am

Post by skitter30 »

notnova you're beginning to make me a little paranoid that you might be scum with thespio
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #550 (isolation #101) » Wed Dec 05, 2018 8:40 am

Post by skitter30 »

In post 546, NotNova wrote:
In post 544, skitter30 wrote:notnova you're beginning to make me a little paranoid that you might be scum with thespio
If you're not paranoid about the guy who made 6/7ths of his overall content in 48 hours about one guy, then you shouldn't be paranoid about me. I tested, he voted himself, scum has no incentive to do this unless we theatred it. I can tell you I don't play emotionally like this as scum all I want, it's up to you in the end.

Ask if you've got something to ask, otherwise tell me which of Numbers or crusty you prefer.
yes, i'm paranoid that you theatered it

i'm aware that i've repeatedly said i don't think that thespio is scum but the way he voted just after you did feels a little weird to me

also doughboy is pretty much always town here. i think he's incredibly misguided but he's town
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #551 (isolation #102) » Wed Dec 05, 2018 8:40 am

Post by skitter30 »

this dayphase is nearly as bad as the last one tbh
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #552 (isolation #103) » Wed Dec 05, 2018 8:41 am

Post by skitter30 »

In post 542, NotNova wrote:
Thespio wrote:VOTE: Thespio
This is proof enough that Thespio is not scum.
I will willingly lose to scum!Thespio every single time if I have to here.

UNVOTE: Thespio
like this feels kinda extreme to me idk

i'll vote if i have to to make sure a lynch happens but it's under duress and objection
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #555 (isolation #104) » Wed Dec 05, 2018 8:43 am

Post by skitter30 »

well i could at least understand why people were suspicious of her; i don't understand doughboy's tunnel here and why he's so uncompromising

and i hate that there's only 4 active players in a game of seven people so i *have* to compromise here
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #559 (isolation #105) » Wed Dec 05, 2018 8:45 am

Post by skitter30 »

In post 556, Doughboy wrote:
In post 550, skitter30 wrote:also doughboy is pretty much always town here. i think he's incredibly misguided but he's town
Let’s say you actually aren’t scum here. How am I the misguided one? We can confirm thespio slipped about the setup by asking about the doctor. That’s provable information.
because i don't think he's scum, and i don't think scum!him self-votes when there are three other people saying they are willing to lynch him

scum are just more survivalistic than that
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #560 (isolation #106) » Wed Dec 05, 2018 8:46 am

Post by skitter30 »

ailofjOLFIOAFJ

i don't like voitng for people i think are town even if it's to the overall health of the game
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #562 (isolation #107) » Wed Dec 05, 2018 8:51 am

Post by skitter30 »

i mean i don't think he's scum here either but a lynch needs to happen today and there's only 4 active players rn.

with the way the votes are +doughboy only voting for me and thespio, the only lynches that happen today are overkill and thespio (barring other players showing up)

and i'd prefer thespio > no lynch > overkill in that order although i want none of those
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #564 (isolation #108) » Wed Dec 05, 2018 8:53 am

Post by skitter30 »

ok, i'll give it another six hours or so to see if anybody else shows up and something else can be worked out
if not i'll vote thespio at that point

i think that's the best compromise i can make given the givens
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #566 (isolation #109) » Wed Dec 05, 2018 8:54 am

Post by skitter30 »

he's dying overnight nearly always, so his opinion is kinda irrelevant after this
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #568 (isolation #110) » Wed Dec 05, 2018 8:55 am

Post by skitter30 »

also let's try not to get personal please :]
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #569 (isolation #111) » Wed Dec 05, 2018 8:56 am

Post by skitter30 »

In post 567, 0verki11 wrote:
In post 516, skitter30 wrote:He can only get a hard guilty tho - cant get an inno if we nolynch

I checked you Skitter, I wanted to confirm the IC if they were to stay alive.
No result
did you get 'no result' or that i didn't go anywhere (these are two seperate things)

also who are you willing to lynch today?

^^^ also i think this is why i didn't get nk'd; both prs allegedly targeted me and i think scum went for the person they believed to be the next-most experienced instead
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #573 (isolation #112) » Wed Dec 05, 2018 8:58 am

Post by skitter30 »

yeah i'll be incredigly pissed to if he's town and if i was right on two mislynches and nobody listened to me

i'm aware that he's tunneled; idk how to get him out of it
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #577 (isolation #113) » Wed Dec 05, 2018 8:59 am

Post by skitter30 »

In post 569, skitter30 wrote:did you get 'no result' or that i didn't go anywhere (these are two seperate things)
@overkill please don't leave without answering this; it's very important
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #580 (isolation #114) » Wed Dec 05, 2018 9:02 am

Post by skitter30 »

In post 574, Thespio wrote:
In post 568, skitter30 wrote:also let's try not to get personal please :]
I’ve tried teaching, guiding, asking questions, pointing out facts they agree with, there’s no reasoning with it so I’m trying a semi pathos route at this point. Perhaps he will get mad, prove to me I’m wrong by actually looking at everyone and then we will win
i'm kinda ignoring him at this point; idk what else to do with him really

again he dies tonight nearly always so this probably isn't a thing tomorrow
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #582 (isolation #115) » Wed Dec 05, 2018 9:03 am

Post by skitter30 »

In post 576, Doughboy wrote:
In post 571, NotNova wrote:Doughboy needs to peek out of his tunnel and vote someone else.
No. The inactives need to show up and do something. I don’t need to vote somebody I’m town reading. That’s playing against my win condition
i mean you realize you'er telling me to do this, right?
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #584 (isolation #116) » Wed Dec 05, 2018 9:05 am

Post by skitter30 »

bleh overkill isn't online anymore anyways

i'm going to bounce a bit and check back in in a few hours i think
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #590 (isolation #117) » Wed Dec 05, 2018 9:09 am

Post by skitter30 »

yeah i'll vote in about six hours; i don't think there will be much more useful discussion amongst the four of us rn

i'm kinda annoyed that he left the 'no result' thing hanging because that's like ... a very relevant piece of information here
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #616 (isolation #118) » Wed Dec 05, 2018 12:09 pm

Post by skitter30 »

In post 605, Thespio wrote:Was a pushing force on overkill and still has their vote on him despite no CC
he actually hasn't posted in thread since the tracker claim, although he has posted elsewhere on site i think
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #617 (isolation #119) » Wed Dec 05, 2018 12:10 pm

Post by skitter30 »

In post 614, 0verki11 wrote:
In post 570, Doughboy wrote:
In post 567, 0verki11 wrote:
In post 516, skitter30 wrote:He can only get a hard guilty tho - cant get an inno if we nolynch

I checked you Skitter, I wanted to confirm the IC if they were to stay alive.
No result
No result?

That’s not possible
As in no visit.
oh good, now we know i didn't murder anyone last night

it would be kinda helpful if you shared your reads a bit more, given the deadline and all
or at least say where you're willing to vote
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #626 (isolation #120) » Wed Dec 05, 2018 3:17 pm

Post by skitter30 »

In post 618, NotAJumbleOfNumbers wrote:Whoa, what even happened here? Give me a moment to get caught up.
Also UNVOTE: 0verki11
I almost want jumble more tbh, but im fine with crusty too
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #632 (isolation #121) » Wed Dec 05, 2018 4:45 pm

Post by skitter30 »

why are you paranoid about nova now?
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #634 (isolation #122) » Wed Dec 05, 2018 5:02 pm

Post by skitter30 »

VOTE: jumble

l1 again
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #641 (isolation #123) » Wed Dec 05, 2018 9:05 pm

Post by skitter30 »

i mean a claim isn't really relevant at this point -if he didn't cc upon seeing the doc/tracker claims he's presumably just a vt (or scum)
i'm heading to bed nowish and i doubt i'll be around before deadline again
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #693 (isolation #124) » Mon Dec 10, 2018 8:15 am

Post by skitter30 »

In post 685, Doughboy wrote:that IC thread was a great read. Would definitely read again
lmao i didn't even know i had one lol

ye i'll post thoughts for anyone who asks me too later today or tomorrow at some point
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #698 (isolation #125) » Mon Dec 10, 2018 8:18 am

Post by skitter30 »

gg all

tough to yellowsnow, lynched without even posting :(

they replaced into a tough spot unfortunately; at best i think they could have staved the lynch off a day if they had not been tracked but givne the gamestate i think it would have been really tough for them to pull out a win here

(also imo scum should have always killed the doc; i think killing me was probably a function of not havinga chance to have read the game)
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #700 (isolation #126) » Mon Dec 10, 2018 8:24 am

Post by skitter30 »

In post 687, Doughboy wrote:this wasn't my best game by far. That's what happens when I try to adjust my play style to avoid fighting, but I end up fighting anyway.

I basically can't push anyone at all or it ends in a fight :/
yeah i think you may have convinced yourself that thespio was scum and pushed a little too hard there

some thoughts:

-> if most people disagree with you it might be a sign that you're wrong or should reconsider

-> pre-flip associatives aren't that great - it's a little dubious to be scumread someone because they're defending another scumread before the original scumread has even flipped

-> i think you maybe were a little too sensitive to thespio disagreeing with you - you characterized his response as a personal attack/insult when i thought he was playing within the bounds of the game

-> if things are getting heated maybe leaving the thread for a bit and taking a few minutes to calm down might be a good idea
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #701 (isolation #127) » Mon Dec 10, 2018 8:24 am

Post by skitter30 »

In post 698, skitter30 wrote:gg all

tough to yellowsnow, lynched without even posting :(

they replaced into a tough spot unfortunately; at best i think they could have staved the lynch off a day if they had not been tracked but givne the gamestate i think it would have been really tough for them to pull out a win here

(also imo scum should have always killed the doc; i think killing me was probably a function of not havinga chance to have read the game)
also i do hope you try another game and /in to the newbie queue again :)
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #702 (isolation #128) » Mon Dec 10, 2018 8:25 am

Post by skitter30 »

In post 689, NotNova wrote:Still, it was kinda townspewy because of how all-in you went on it. I'd never see scum pushing a 100% townread player like that — or maybe my mind is just too feeble to comprehend such a tactic
^^^^ how convinced you were that you were right was incredibly townie imo, besides for the doc claim
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #704 (isolation #129) » Mon Dec 10, 2018 8:33 am

Post by skitter30 »

In post 680, NotNova wrote:I'll comment more if I think of anything. Feel free to give me any feedback! Especially curious about skitter for IC feedback and Thespio for town!NN vs scum!NN. (And yes, I will use the info for nefarious purposes )
tbh most of my perception of this game is colored by the yycotta lynch and the thespio v doughboy scenario

i still think that you pounced a little too eagerly on yycotta (like i agree that she needed to be lynched at some point before lylo) but the way you hopped on felt a little scummy

you being willing to engage with me about it and explain your thought process helped a lot tho with reading your alignment because i could tell you were really thinking about the game and i could understand how you were approaching it - i think that being able to explain what you're thinking and why is a super important tool for a townie and i thought you did a great job there

the other thing that i thought was really townie from you is that you made yourself availible/around at the end of day2 when we were struggling to figure out who to lynch and wer wondering if we even had enough votes to make a lynch happen - if you were scum there, you totally could have lurked for like a day and forced me/doughboy/thespio to choose a suboptimal lynch, especially if doughboy hadn't changed his mind

overnight i was thinking that i wanted to lynch crusy > you > thespio > overkill in that order

you were kinda low on my lynchlist not because i thought you were very scummy, but rather because overkill was effectively conftown and thespio i was just townreading that much harder than you (mostly cuz the way he approached yycotta was insanely obvtown imo)

i think those are my major thoughts, but if you have something in partiuclar you want me to talk about lmk
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #705 (isolation #130) » Mon Dec 10, 2018 8:35 am

Post by skitter30 »

also @doughboy - you did reassess in the end on day2, and that what enabled us to get the scum-lynch - if you hadn't, we wouldn't have been able to lynch jumble :)

i'm sorry to hear that you're going through irl troubles, i hope things become better for you in the near future :)
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #710 (isolation #131) » Mon Dec 10, 2018 8:48 am

Post by skitter30 »

In post 709, Thespio wrote:And numbers throwing their hat in
yeah that interaction between both of them was just ... very odd
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #727 (isolation #132) » Mon Dec 10, 2018 10:07 am

Post by skitter30 »

In post 724, Thespio wrote:^ yeah, i know skitters in another game, but I think theres a mini that needs 3 more. You get to play with doughboy again, why wouldnt you want to play!
remind me when your mini is in signups, and maybe i'll play :)
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #739 (isolation #133) » Mon Dec 10, 2018 12:43 pm

Post by skitter30 »

In post 730, NotAJumbleOfNumbers wrote:Good game, everyone (even though I was a complete mess as scum).
that's ok :) everyone has to start somewhere, and you'll get better with practice!

figuring out what to say as scum is kinda hard and i struggle with it a lot too, but it's super important to try to have a presence - eventually people start to realize that the people they're talking to are townies so scum might just be in the lurkers

i try to imagine - if i were town here, what would i say? how would i react? what would i be suspicious of? and that helps me
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #740 (isolation #134) » Mon Dec 10, 2018 12:43 pm

Post by skitter30 »

In post 732, the worst wrote:Well played guys. :)
Great modding AnonyGhost and I loved your ICing skitter!
tyty :)
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #741 (isolation #135) » Mon Dec 10, 2018 12:46 pm

Post by skitter30 »

In post 737, YellowSnow wrote:I'm not sure why I replaced in.
you were in a bit of a tough spot - the mod needed to get someone to rep-in so the slot wasn't able empty overnight (and so that someone could decide who to kill)

unfortunately, by the time you repped in, the game was kinda almost ended, and there was a lot of suspicion on your slot - tbh i'm not sure if you could have really done much to prevent yourself from getting lynched today, especially with a tracker guilty on you

i hope you /in to another game tho so you experience playing a whole game from the beginning :)

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”