Newbie 2061 | Views of Tallinn | Town wins

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
iN3krO
iN3krO
Townie
iN3krO
Townie
Townie

Post Post #200 (ISO) » Sun Apr 11, 2021 9:50 pm

Post by iN3krO »

In post 199, Not_Mafia wrote:I'm waiting to hammer you
What will you do when I flip townie?
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #201 (ISO) » Sun Apr 11, 2021 9:52 pm

Post by Not_Mafia »

Reassess my reads
Also, what is NM doing? Worst play I’ve ever seen.
I can't remember the last N_M post that wasn't bland, unimaginative and lame. Some shitposters are at least somewhat funny. You are the epitomy of the type of poster that nobody would miss if you were to suddenly disappear. You never add anything of value.
I'm guessing you haven't read the game and probably never will? Why even sign up to play?
Samawoodo
Samawoodo
Townie
Samawoodo
Townie
Townie

Post Post #202 (ISO) » Sun Apr 11, 2021 10:19 pm

Post by Samawoodo »

In post 192, NorwegianboyEE wrote:Catboi is town.
Because of this post, right? (I'm trying to read your mind :lol: )
In post 191, catboi wrote:
In post 190, Pearofclubs wrote:Being disinterested? No, although you engaging more could have made it more interesting for all involved.
Barely participating? A bit. You made one RVS post and then vanished. That's not good.
You've also been acting fairly defensive, not answering questions, not sharing your thoughts. Not townie behavior.
You can argue semantics about it not being fluff if you like, but you didn't stick around to do anything with any reactions that you might've gotten.
But it's still very early
Again, though, you can say me being inactive is
not good
or
unhelpful
, but that doesn't really cross the bridge to be
being scum
, does it? Focusing solely on someone's activity is unfortunately a poor method of finding scum, sometimes there are players who lurk because they have a hard time faking it, but other times people are just naturally disinterested. (granted, my last scumgame offsite, I was miserably frozen and flaked out, but I don't think I'd have that problem here because it's so much slower paced).

I think "defensive" is a term that gets thrown around whenever someone bothers to defend themself, at all, which is a fairly natural thing in a game of mafia. It's an accusation that has very little meaning. Why do you see my not answering qusetions as scummy?
It's a very easy thing to comply with the requests of others if I were scum, and that's probably what I'd be doing. But if I feel like I'm getting asked a question that's useless or suspect I'm going to uestion them instead.
I can understand your frustration with me not simply plopping down a reads list but most of my thoughts right now are half-formed, I'm still in the process of feeling hings out. In my previous post, I was going to give some townreads then when I went back to reread people, I doubted myself and deleted that part of my post. I don't like making statements that amount to "eh, could go either way, who knows"
Acually @catboi , from my POE, u have started getting townie points in your last posts, not enought to consider you a townie atm, we are 9 players atm and is hard to "gamble" anything right now.

You asked me before about who i was suspecting, im going to try making a proper list

My strongest townie read atm is Norwee as i said.

Then N_M (losing points because inactivity maybe (?) ) and maybe Pearl (between null/ slightly townie)

Then right now you are null with meuh

Marci was null, but i dont like how she feels worried about a null reading coming from an almost afk player (Toriii), is like she is trying to "demostrate" he is townie yes or yes, and this made me feel like :?

Toriii low profile is kinda sus (and didn't answer the fact he is suspecting one of the stronger townie reads (from my poe as i said), dunno if is lack of reading, or just random pointing), but i cant talk too much about low profiles because my participation is just "enough" (being generous with myself)

iN3kro feels kinda scummy aswell.
Samawoodo
Samawoodo
Townie
Samawoodo
Townie
Townie

Post Post #203 (ISO) » Sun Apr 11, 2021 10:22 pm

Post by Samawoodo »

In post 202, Samawoodo wrote: Marci was null, but i dont like how she feels worried about
a null reading coming from an almost afk player
(Toriii), is like she is trying to "demostrate" he is townie yes or yes, and this made me feel like :?
Sorry, i meant "scummy reading" there
Samawoodo
Samawoodo
Townie
Samawoodo
Townie
Townie

Post Post #204 (ISO) » Sun Apr 11, 2021 10:27 pm

Post by Samawoodo »

In post 183, marcistar wrote:
In post 179, Samawoodo wrote:I dont see the point of that tbh, i mean, is not like he asked you for a 2v2 or something like that (anyway, that wouldn't be a problem either). Is like you are being so defensive without reason :? (We are at D1 still)
I agree, I don't see the point on him holding out reads :cry:
In post 179, Samawoodo wrote:If someone ask about my thoughts, i wouldnt have any problem sharing them
on this note, do you have any thoughts on other people..?
Yup, read above :lol: :lol:
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #205 (ISO) » Sun Apr 11, 2021 11:49 pm

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

In post 187, Toriiiiiiiiiiii wrote:Current reads-TR Norwee,
You previously said this:
In post 87, Toriiiiiiiiiiii wrote:I'm not sure yet but I think there's at least one mafia between Meuh, Norweegian, and iN3kor
Can you explain your progression between thinking there’s mafia invetween In3kor, Meuh and me. To townreading me?
Norwe is spontaneous, has a stream-of-consciouness posting style, usually posts on catch-ups by commenting on past pages posts, gets rather fired up in certain moments in games, is relatively as playful as me in games and likes casual shitposting

- Bunno
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #206 (ISO) » Mon Apr 12, 2021 12:06 am

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

In3kor why do you scumread Catboi?
Norwe is spontaneous, has a stream-of-consciouness posting style, usually posts on catch-ups by commenting on past pages posts, gets rather fired up in certain moments in games, is relatively as playful as me in games and likes casual shitposting

- Bunno
marcistar
marcistar
Goodfellas
marcistar
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #207 (ISO) » Mon Apr 12, 2021 3:10 am

Post by marcistar »

In post 202, Samawoodo wrote:Marci was null, but i dont like how she feels worried about a null reading coming from an almost afk player (Toriii), is like she is trying to "demostrate" he is townie yes or yes, and this made me feel like :?
I just wanna know their thought process behind it, I don't mind if they scumread me just wanna know why :cool:
iN3krO
iN3krO
Townie
iN3krO
Townie
Townie

Post Post #208 (ISO) » Mon Apr 12, 2021 6:45 am

Post by iN3krO »

In post 206, NorwegianboyEE wrote:In3kor why do you scumread Catboi?
Right now I don't, I just wanted to read more from him (and i said it 2 times before voting him). Problem is I'm not scumreading anyone T-T

I'm townreading Pear though
Pearofclubs
Pearofclubs
Goon
Pearofclubs
Goon
Goon

Post Post #209 (ISO) » Mon Apr 12, 2021 8:55 am

Post by Pearofclubs »

In post 191, catboi wrote:
Spoiler:
Again, though, you can say me being inactive is
not good
or
unhelpful
, but that doesn't really cross the bridge to be
being scum
, does it? Focusing solely on someone's activity is unfortunately a poor method of finding scum, sometimes there are players who lurk because they have a hard time faking it, but other times people are just naturally disinterested. (granted, my last scumgame offsite, I was miserably frozen and flaked out, but I don't think I'd have that problem here because it's so much slower paced).

I think "defensive" is a term that gets thrown around whenever someone bothers to defend themself, at all, which is a fairly natural thing in a game of mafia. It's an accusation that has very little meaning. Why do you see my not answering qusetions as scummy? It's a very easy thing to comply with the requests of others if I were scum, and that's probably what I'd be doing. But if I feel like I'm getting asked a question that's useless or suspect I'm going to uestion them instead. I can understand your frustration with me not simply plopping down a reads list but most of my thoughts right now are half-formed, I'm still in the process of feeling hings out. In my previous post, I was going to give some townreads then when I went back to reread people, I doubted myself and deleted that part of my post. I don't like making statements that amount to "eh, could go either way, who knows"
Okay, defensive wasn't quite the right term. More like guarded.

Why do I see you not answering questions as scummy?
Because being unwilling to post much makes it seem like you're being careful about what you say and what you don't, like you care about your appearance more than being helpful and progressing the game. Could just be your playstyle, but I won't ignore when something pings me.

Is it 'very easy' to comply when you're scum? I don't know about that. It seems, to me at least, that pretending to make observations and give your feelings on the state of the game would be harder than honestly doing so.

That being said, you're participating, which is really all I wanted out of you in the first place :P
NorwegianboyEE wrote:Sry guys, but Catboi wagon sucks. He’s towntelling in his posts here and we should go somewhere else.
Why are you so sure? What about his play so far has you thinking he's town?
I'm curious, your defense of Catboi hereis pretty sudden, and pretty spirited.
Meuh
Meuh
She/her
Jack of All Trades
Meuh
She/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #210 (ISO) » Mon Apr 12, 2021 9:01 am

Post by Meuh »

In post 189, catboi wrote:
In post 180, Meuh wrote:I asked everyone about people I wanted them to elaborate their read on, so either people they haven't or barely have mentioned/interacted with so we can build a fuller picture of the game, I feel like the partners are probably not interacting much, so asking these questions could help bait out scum/scum interactions, which would probably be pretty great. :cool:
I ask because it struck me as the sort of move that is designed to appear like someone is being helpful on the surface but is largely directionless and accomplishes nothing, a maneuver I've attempted as scum before. I don't think asking people for opinions on others based on putting names together seemingly at random accomplishes much.

I find myself with several people I fos, and not much in the way of townreads.
Fair enough, there's more meaningful ways to contribute, but like I've said before I was trying to paint a wider picture of the game. With the way this is going, I'm starting to feel like the partners are likely quiet and not interacting much, so forcing potential partners out of their comfort zone would be nice.

I feel like scum are fine with this gamestate, so I don't wanna be on either of these big wagons. VOTE:
Tori
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #211 (ISO) » Mon Apr 12, 2021 5:09 pm

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

In post 209, Pearofclubs wrote:Why are you so sure? What about his play so far has you thinking he's town?
I'm curious, your defense of Catboi hereis pretty sudden, and pretty spirited.
It's how i like to play. That said, i don't really have any 'super' strong scumreads this game so what i'm doing instead is pushing my townreads to make sure they don't get eliminated. Which they always might when N_M is in the game since he'd hammer any wagon that reaches E-1.

- Bunno
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #212 (ISO) » Mon Apr 12, 2021 7:07 pm

Post by catboi »

In post 197, iN3krO wrote:@catboi If you answer me with another question I don't really feel like answering ya. I don't think it's a coincidence that you and NM are voting me, though I think it's quite reactive and doesn't indicate aligment of either of you.
I'm not sure what you mean by this? Also, if you want more out of me then why avoid giving me an answer? Do you actually care about the question you asked me?
In post 208, iN3krO wrote:
In post 206, NorwegianboyEE wrote:In3kor why do you scumread Catboi?
Right now I don't, I just wanted to read more from him (and i said it 2 times before voting him). Problem is I'm not scumreading anyone T-T

I'm townreading Pear though
Is pear your only read?
iN3krO
iN3krO
Townie
iN3krO
Townie
Townie

Post Post #213 (ISO) » Mon Apr 12, 2021 7:35 pm

Post by iN3krO »

In post 212, catboi wrote:Do you actually care about the question you asked me?
I did, but it's so meaningless after all this time.

I thought Torii was all over the place with the 3 names he gave and indeed he just picked 3 players with very distinct playstyles, wanted to see what others thought of it but Tori already explained himself, and more importantly I wanted to read you because you had only 1 post until then. (I think I also had 1 or 2 posts by then too).

I think you have spoken enough now to see your position in the game.
iN3krO
iN3krO
Townie
iN3krO
Townie
Townie

Post Post #214 (ISO) » Mon Apr 12, 2021 7:44 pm

Post by iN3krO »

In post 210, Meuh wrote: Fair enough, there's more meaningful ways to contribute, but like I've said before I was trying to paint a wider picture of the game. With the way this is going, I'm starting to feel like the partners are likely quiet and not interacting much, so forcing potential partners out of their comfort zone would be nice.

I feel like scum are fine with this gamestate, so I don't wanna be on either of these big wagons. VOTE:
Tori
Why do you think Torii is a better lynch than catboi or me?
In post 212, catboi wrote:Is pear your only read?
Yes, he is by far the easiest player to read.
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #215 (ISO) » Mon Apr 12, 2021 8:26 pm

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

Oh no, In3kro’s got an avatar, and now i already feel more sympathy towards the slot since he’s no longer an nameless, faceless stain on the playerlist. :/

- Bunno
Meuh
Meuh
She/her
Jack of All Trades
Meuh
She/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #216 (ISO) » Tue Apr 13, 2021 12:01 am

Post by Meuh »

In post 214, iN3krO wrote:
In post 210, Meuh wrote: Fair enough, there's more meaningful ways to contribute, but like I've said before I was trying to paint a wider picture of the game. With the way this is going, I'm starting to feel like the partners are likely quiet and not interacting much, so forcing potential partners out of their comfort zone would be nice.

Tori
Why do you think Torii is a better lynch than catboi or me?
Well I've particularly liked Catboi's more recent contributions, I think he acts pretty townie in them.
This is more related to gamestate, though. The game mellowed down after you and Catboi became the 2 main wagons, which gives me the impression that the mafia team either:
-Doesn't contain either of you
-Has its other teammate kinda inactive

The impression that scum likes this gamestate makes me not want you or Catboi gone.

The main issue with my gamestate stuff would be that Pear, me and Norwee are the only voters on you or Catboi (other than you 2) and I feel comfortable with all 3 of us, so maybe it is a less active team? Either way I feel more comfortable with my vote on Torii.
lendunistus
lendunistus
he/him
Goon
lendunistus
he/him
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #217 (ISO) » Tue Apr 13, 2021 2:21 am

Post by lendunistus »

Newbie 2061 - Votecount 1.8

Votecount
catboi (2):
iN3krO, Pearofclubs
iN3krO (2):
NorwegianBoyEE, catboi
Toriiiiiiiiiiii (2):
Samawoodo, Meuh
Not_Mafia (1):
Not_Mafia
Not Voting (2):
Toriiiiiiiiiiii and marcistar

With 9 players alive, it takes 5 votes to eliminate a player.

Deadline:
(expired on 2021-04-17 15:00:00)

Vote historyMeuh votes Pearofclubs: Post #9
NorwegianBoyEE votes Not_Mafia: Post #10
Samawoodo votes Toriiiiiiiiiiii: Post #15
catboi votes Pearofclubs: Post #45
Not_Mafia votes themselves: Post #46
NorwegianBoyEE votes Meuh: Post #60
iN3krO votes catboi: Post #96
Pearofclubs votes iN3krO: Post #97
Meuh votes catboi: Post #100
NorwegianBoyEE votes iN3krO: Post #125
Pearofclubs votes catboi: Post #134
catboi votes iN3krO: Post #174
Meuh votes Toriiiiiiiiiiii: Post #210
lendunistus
lendunistus
he/him
Goon
lendunistus
he/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #218 (ISO) » Tue Apr 13, 2021 2:22 am

Post by lendunistus »

Toriiiiiiiiiiii has been prodded.

They have 24 hours to post until I will start looking for a replacement for them.
marcistar
marcistar
Goodfellas
marcistar
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #219 (ISO) » Tue Apr 13, 2021 3:57 am

Post by marcistar »

I'm so sorry guys :cry: :cry: I have a lot of schoolwork to do rn, and dont feel like i can put effort in rn like i have in previous days,
but I'll play after i'm done doing it for today!! :cool:

(im saying this so that yall know im gonna come back later and carry :cool: :cool: and that im not just dropping off the face of the earth) ttyl :oops: :oops: :P
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #220 (ISO) » Tue Apr 13, 2021 4:35 am

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

And i'm working too, spending my little free time playing eroge!

- Bunno
Toriiiiiiiiiiii
Toriiiiiiiiiiii
Townie
Toriiiiiiiiiiii
Townie
Townie

Post Post #221 (ISO) » Tue Apr 13, 2021 9:48 am

Post by Toriiiiiiiiiiii »

Oh dear...I keep forgetting to come back here

Uhhh about my previous reads I've lost my reasonings somewhere...

OK, well
currently
, my most definite SR would be Catboi, imo most of their messages have a defensive tone to it and I don't like that much, think it makes them mafia more-ish?

I'll need to refind my other reads...
Samawoodo
Samawoodo
Townie
Samawoodo
Townie
Townie

Post Post #222 (ISO) » Tue Apr 13, 2021 10:03 am

Post by Samawoodo »

In post 216, Meuh wrote:This is more related to gamestate, though. The game mellowed down after you and Catboi became the 2 main wagons, which gives me the impression that the mafia team either:
-Doesn't contain either of you
-Has its other teammate kinda inactive
Well, actually there are 3 guys with 2 votes each. Is not la live or die situation i think.

But i have to agree with you with the game "pacing", scum could feel comfortable with it, or could be it just doesn't care :lol:
marcistar
marcistar
Goodfellas
marcistar
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #223 (ISO) » Tue Apr 13, 2021 1:36 pm

Post by marcistar »

:cry: i still have schoolwork to do, but I think its so true that the scum are probably happy with the state of this game, because its slowed down so much.. I expected more posts while I was doing my stuff but its barely anything :? yall busy?
I remember in my past games, the solutions were just to end phase.. should we do that..? or do we push inactives to give more of their opinions?
lendunistus
lendunistus
he/him
Goon
lendunistus
he/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #224 (ISO) » Tue Apr 13, 2021 5:17 pm

Post by lendunistus »

Not_Mafia has been prodded.

They have 24 hours to post until I will start looking for a replacement for them.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”