Game Rules (Modified from Rob13, who modified them from Zorblag, who modified them from Vel-Rahn Koon):
General Gameplay and Etiquette:
1. You may not quote private Moderator-supplied information (either real or fabricated) of any kind. Paraphrasing (for role claims, etc.) is acceptable.
2. There is to be NO personal communication outside of the forum postings unless your role PM specifically allows it. Mafia members may communicate at night and during the confirmation stage, but only in the QuickTopic specified in your role PM.
2a.You are forbidden from talking about any ongoing games. (This was covered in Rule 6, but I am making this explicit as it was broken).
3. Do not edit posts, even if you have the power to do so. If a post needs editing (e.g. incorrect tags or a duplicate post) tell me and I will do it.
4. Rule violations will be dealt with according to their severity, up to and including a Modkill. I may also ban you from my future games for a period of time, in which case I will also notify the List Mod.
5. Provable randomness is not permitted. You will not be allowed to use the dice tags.
6. All normal Mafia rules apply. These rules can be found here.
7. Follow the spirit of the rules. Using loopholes to get past the rules will be treated on a case-by-case basis.Voting, Deadlines, and Player Death:
1. A simple majority of all living members must agree on one person for a lynch to occur prior to deadline. The number of players required to lynch will be in all vote counts.
2. Once you have reached a simple majority no further votes or unvotes count.
3. Once a player is lynched the game enters twilight until I post a death scene; all players including the one who was lynched may continue to post during twilight.
4. Please submit votes as: Vote: BTD6_maker
or VOTE: BTD6_maker
. The latter is preferable. I will count all votes that I can understand as a clear vote, so abbreviations of usernames are fine.
5. Please submit vote revocations as either Unvote: BTD6_maker
or UNVOTE: BTD6_maker
. Unvotes are not necessary before changing votes.
6. You may Vote: No Lynch - a simple majority of these vote types are required to send the game to Night phase without a lynch.
7. This game will have two week day deadlines. At deadline, no lynch will occur if no majority has been reached. Deadline extensions will only be given in extreme circumstances.
8. This game will have 48 hour night deadlines.
9. Prods of missing players will be issued automatically after 48 hours of no activity. A prodded player has 24 hours to respond or risks replacement. A player who has been prodded 3 times is subject to replacement without further notice. Prods will not be issued at Night.
10. If you anticipate being unavailable for more than a 48-hour period please post a notice to that effect in the thread. Treat this game as a commitment. Be considerate – don’t leave us hanging.
11. Dead players may not post in the main thread. "Bah" posts are not permitted.
12. If you have a role with a Night action your choices are due to me by the posted deadline. If I do not receive your choice via PM or relevant QuickTopic by the posted deadline you will forfeit your actions.
13. Any player with a Night action may instead submit a “No Action” PM to let the Mod know that you do not want to perform your expected action that Night phase. This is greatly appreciated if you plan not to perform an action.Miscellaneous/Mechanics:
1. This colour
text is reserved for the Mod (#FF4000) and using it repeatedly will be taken as impersonating the Mod. No invisible/small text is allowed, nor is cryptography. All text must be at least this
large. Breadcrumbing is generally fine.
2. Avoid use of the
blackout tags. Use
3. If you have an issue/problem with the game, please PM the Mod privately. Do not post issues/complaints in the game thread. If I have made a mistake, I will try to fix it if possible.
4. Please bold all requests to the Mod so that they don’t get missed.The Golden Rule:
Please remember that this is a game and your main objective is to have fun! Be considerate of each other, don’t get personal, and enjoy the game.