Mafia Scum
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #2195 (isolation #600) » Sat Jun 25, 2022 4:32 pm

Post by Crescent »

I'd like to think I just definitively shut down Corwin with that post, by the way. If he wants to continue coming after me just out of personal hatred, I have no control over that. He's the kind of player who doesn't understand how anti-town the way he acts is. Elsa's the only one in this game who's ever made an actually good argument against me. Co
Anyways.
In post 2167, Crescent wrote:It's funny to imagine a situation where Vivax is town and I'm sitting there for hours blowing him up and theorizing solely based off him being scum while scum is just sitting there internally screaming "JUST HAMMER HIM ALREADY DAMNIT".

I am amused by this thought.
This thought still amuses me, and I would not be surprised if it's exactly what happened. I'd like to note that once it was really pointed out that NM was posting more, he stopped.
In post 2164, Crescent wrote:NM has sure gotten talkative all of a sudden..
NM's last post? The very post
before
this one, post #2163. As soon as I pointed this out, he completely vanished again. This would be one hell of a coincidence.
Crescent
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2196 (isolation #601) » Sat Jun 25, 2022 4:34 pm

Post by Crescent »

In post 2165, Elsa Jay wrote:His life is in danger. It appears it finally made him wanna focus on the game.
Oh and this is #2165, just to further my point.

Elsa and I
both
noted this change in behavior and NM essentially fled.
Crescent
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2197 (isolation #602) » Sat Jun 25, 2022 4:39 pm

Post by Crescent »

Honestly though I feel like I just totally had a "mic drop" moment on Corwin there and it feels
really
good.

Hurray for late birthday presents <3
Crescent
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2201 (isolation #603) » Sat Jun 25, 2022 5:16 pm

Post by Crescent »

In post 2198, Elsa Jay wrote:You go girl. Can't say being the translator and saying a few of Corwin's posts every once in awhile sounds fun but I'll reword anything he says in a nice way for you I guess. So you know what's going on.

But yeah now it's just the wagons. Eira is still "studying" the thread but said the power went out so I'll cut that some slack. So it's just up to the rest of us to pick up the slack.

I think Gibus over extended here by giving away Vivax isn't bad. At this point I doubt it Crescent cuz even I don't believe my theories anymore. I know I'm not bad and Corwin is still cleared from Owen.

So the remaining thing is Gibus/NM, Gibus/Eira, or Gibus/Gera.

Cres you still think Eira is good even after the significant drops into day 2 and day 3 today?
I mentioned at the start of day 3 my trust in Eira has dropped. It's been dropping for even longer than I indicated at the start of the day. She has been more of an afterthought ever since day 1. Day 2/3 Eira is doing closer to what you were pointed out for doing on day 1 and 2.. Being a background player and a follower more than being a direct contributor.

Awkwardly, one of the reasons I was paranoid about her going into night 2 is I just didn't have any strong reasons to call her scum and we were in a game that's had good reasons to call virtually everyone scum. I mentioned at day's start I even questioned Gibus/Alex as possible after BBT's flip when I hadn't questioned Alex all game.

Though, the Vivax vote was awful if we're in a Gibus scum/Vivax town situation. The transition between #2024 and #2054 (her next post) is poor. The random unvote and revote yesterday onto Vivax also doesn't reflect well. Some bad data points, but there's not a whole lot of them.

But the other thing is.. I feel like there's a decently strong possibility of both scum being on Vivax if he is town. If Gibus is scum, we had 3 people who aren't NM who could've been possibly been scum with him with the chance to easily and justifiably hammer town and then railroad NM tomorrow -- And NONE of them took it.

This effectively leaves Gibus and someone else who was already on Vivax. I don't think you and Gibus are both scum, so that only leaves NM... And Eira.

But the logic feels shaky - Especially on Gera, who may have felt he jumped the gun and locked himself out of a Vivax vote.

I've had this lingering doubt for a while, but nothing strong enough to actually feel like a compelling argument. There's also things where the potential scum motive is murky. For example: Day 1, I was on the fence about GB and she clearly was egging me towards GB by shading you using my argument. Why would Eira who is scum with Gibus do this?
Crescent
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2202 (isolation #604) » Sat Jun 25, 2022 5:26 pm

Post by Crescent »

To better that question: I was on Corwin who was still a very viable train, but had acknowledged George was someone I had wanted to vote previously, except I didn't want to create a fresh train on him, and I was getting paranoid about so many people saying they wanted to vote for him with no one voting him.

Why does Eira care about getting me off of Corwin and onto George. Wouldn't me getting Corwin voted off in this situation be strictly better?

Also fun fact I just noticed:

Guess who directly followed me onto Corwin? Gibus.

Guess who voted for George the VERY NEXT POST after I did? Gibus.

Gibus/Eira feels like a weird combo from the end of day 1. I feel like pushing George like that is just increasing the exposure of both members of the scumteam for no great reason.
Crescent
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2206 (isolation #605) » Sat Jun 25, 2022 5:38 pm

Post by Crescent »

Also if Vivax is town it means NM insta voted town on all 3 days and only began to actually contribute to the game when he felt legitimately threatened with a voteoff

Gibus/NM makes so much sense as a "team" that I worry it isn't right because it feels like it would be too easy given the hellscape this game has been.
Crescent
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2209 (isolation #606) » Sat Jun 25, 2022 5:41 pm

Post by Crescent »

In post 2205, Elsa Jay wrote:The traitor argument is still there obviously. Not knowing your teammate means if you screw up it sucks. Better for them both to possibly get credit for it as town then nothing. And to possibly pocket you. Not like scum knew George was actually a PR. I only guessed from playing with people like that before. And egging townies to kill other townies is very much scummy.

Edit: it appears Corwin now wants to kill the bodyguard over the doctor claim. Wonderful.
I couldn't care less what Corwin thinks. Corwin is town by alignment, but Corwin is not town. We have exactly 5 town-siding votes today, and we don't need him.

The only actual argument for Gibus/Eira is if they thought Corwin was traitor. Scum is better off watching me lead a parade to murder Corwin than they are exposing themselves that much to kill GB. I'm not sure it's actually scummy when I was leading my own train that consistently had 3-4 votes on it.
Crescent
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2210 (isolation #607) » Sat Jun 25, 2022 5:43 pm

Post by Crescent »

Also I love how he's apparently now bouncing around calling everyone scum... And his most recent attack on me was for theorizing different scum angles for multiple players.

Talk about hypocrisy~
Crescent
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2214 (isolation #608) » Sat Jun 25, 2022 5:53 pm

Post by Crescent »

In post 2211, Elsa Jay wrote:Hmm. I'd only argue that Eira wanted to make a good impression day 1 by putting herself out there is best for scum because it's way easier to high effort the beginning as scum then slide into the background afterwards.

What was Eira's immediate reaction after Gibus claimed? Helpful, prodding, seeming to instantly believe it? That might be the evidence for town or scum Eira.
This is a fair point. If I remember right though, Eira didn't post anywhere near the time of Gibus' claim.

Let's see: Claim at #1624. You claim at #1646 Eira's next post is #1697.

Eira... Does not acknowledge either of these claims in any way until post #1918, which is on day 3.
In post 1918, Eiralox wrote:
In post 1914, Elsa Jay wrote:
In post 1911, Eiralox wrote:
In post 1907, Crescent wrote: Oh and from a review of day 2 my trust of Eiralox dropped some by the way. Much much more behind the scenes than she was on day 1.
don't mismob a JOAT after you mismobbed a Detective and then talk about trust. I wasn't sure about toffee, and decided to give vivax the benefit of the doubt. gibus pr claimed. that's it for my day two.
Oh so you wanted to talk about that too huh. You gotta admit though even if Cres is scum she deserves credit for the town launching 2 PRs and making 2 more claim. It's a great talent.
i trust no claim without a flip, not 100% anyway. 95% yeah, like if i think im getting healed by town doctor etc. but right now i'm not discounting the possibility of fake claims, as vivax rightly pointed out RE: gibus

This is the only time to word "doctor" or "Bodyguard (or "BG")" ever appear in her ISO. Both claims are almost completely ignored. Awkward is that she's using Vivax to make her point that Gibus may be lying... Immediately after she voted for Vivax.
Crescent
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2215 (isolation #609) » Sat Jun 25, 2022 5:56 pm

Post by Crescent »

So basically? Total nothingness. No reaction at all. She unvotes Vivax after these claims, but I have no idea why.
Crescent
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2218 (isolation #610) » Sat Jun 25, 2022 6:17 pm

Post by Crescent »

My thoughts on reading page 2 of her ISO: It's staggering just how little is in the second page of Eira's ISO compared to what I remember from her day 1

My thoughts on reading page 1: Eira wasn't as consistently strong on day 1 as I thought to begin with

I will say there were definitely more "town leader" vibes on day 1, but they were also inconsistent. If you read page 1 of her ISO though, there is a palpable difference on page one of the ISO where day 2 starts though The average post length notably drops off. The bottom of her page 1 ISO is loaded with one-liner posts that don't say very much or anything at all ("Gibus is a hat"). It's like her ingame persona completely changed after day 1.

,,,Though I know all about changing my in-game persona. A drastic shift in behavior from a player I don't know feels like a shaky argument to use to call someone being scum.
Crescent
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2220 (isolation #611) » Sat Jun 25, 2022 6:47 pm

Post by Crescent »

As far as Gera/Gibus goes

Gera has, at four points in the game, directly quoted and questioned a vote on Gibus.

In posts #304, #945, #1387, and #2181.

But the interesting thing is... I actually think in all four instances the questioning of said vote was
valid
. All four of those votes were poorly explained or outright bad. Though, #1394 is awkward.

Gera makes no indication of actually attempting to sort Gibus until post #1565 when Gibus' train is really picking up.

Gera had a long-winded (albeit underwhelming) miniwall post on #1590 with a vote that directly led to Gibus' claim on day 2, to which Gibus simply replied "nah".

Gera has questioned votes on Gibus, but he's also questioned votes on a lot of people. He particularly does it on multiple votes Alex makes on day 2... Including on BBT. I don't think the defense towards Gibus specifically is scum indicative.

If Gera is scum with Gibus, does Gibus just... Totally blow him off here?

Gibus has now voted Gera twice: Once as a countertrain to Vivax (Following NM, of all people? I forgot NM ever got off of Vivax yesterday) and once today... After Vivax's train died.

A Gibus/NM scumteam would have tried to kill both Vivax and Gera this game with votes. Outside of the recent joke vote from Gibus, the two have almost entirely ignored each other this game, and have never voted for each other. The only time Gibus even appears in NM's iso is in very very early joke posts.
Crescent
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2221 (isolation #612) » Sat Jun 25, 2022 6:51 pm

Post by Crescent »

So basically for Gibus and Gera to be scum together means Gibus tried to countertrain him over town Vivax, and completely blew him off for apparently no reason instead of engaging him in a way that would've helped both of them look better comparative to each other.
Crescent
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2222 (isolation #613) » Sat Jun 25, 2022 6:52 pm

Post by Crescent »

Also my kitty is meowing at me for snuggles.
Crescent
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2253 (isolation #614) » Sun Jun 26, 2022 3:36 am

Post by Crescent »

In post 2241, Eiralox wrote:So i've said earlier I can see Elsa/Gera and can still see it, not as likely as Gibus/Vivax atm tho, townreading gera and elsa more than the latter 2.
I don't like Gibus/Vivax because scum claiming doctor, a claim with a limited lifespan, has no business bus voting first post and peacing out for 36 hours.
Crescent
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2254 (isolation #615) » Sun Jun 26, 2022 3:40 am

Post by Crescent »

In post 2252, Vivax wrote:Eira today looked like a pent up bottle that exploded but whatever came out seemed like misdirective gibberish.
I actually agree with this sentiment.

I don't think there's a single compelling argument for... Anything in there at all.
Crescent
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2256 (isolation #616) » Sun Jun 26, 2022 3:58 am

Post by Crescent »

In post 2255, Vivax wrote:
In post 2223, gibus wrote:I'll vote whomever crescent votes
Is this simping or sheeping?
He's been doing it with me all game, when he's not making random no content votes when I make no sense aka today. He knows he has to vote and I haven't given him one to sheep.

Gibus was the next vote on Corwin after I voted Corwin day 1
Gibus was the next vote (in the next game post) on George after I voted George day 1

Gibus was on BBT before I was (he even asked me to vote BBT with him), but somehow ended up as the hammer vote instead.

Interestingly enough, I was the one after Alex on both GB and BBT, but I significantly later both times and only after doing a lot more work. Gibus was obviously following me without doing any.

With how lazily he's played this game it's not necessarily scum indicative, but it's also not particularly pro-town play. I do know players who do little but actively sheep whoever they feel is the most dominant force at the time. They even admit it's what they do~
Crescent
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2257 (isolation #617) » Sun Jun 26, 2022 3:59 am

Post by Crescent »

I make no votes why did votes change to sense

How did votes change to sense

The hell phone
Crescent
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2258 (isolation #618) » Sun Jun 26, 2022 4:05 am

Post by Crescent »

Anyways second part of my point - His voting pattern today: Immediately votes Vivax. Goes inactive. Vivax stalls. He magically reappears.

Immediately votes Gera, it goes nowhere. He doesn't stay here long.

Votes NM for absolutely no reason after it's highlighted and Gibus/NM makes sense as a team... Unvotes 12 posts later. No reason is given for this, it appears to be just for show.

Is now asking me to vote so he can follow me. The issue with his play today is... People that sheep like that as a general mentality do NOT place 3 of their own votes first, then decide to follow the same person again. It feels like Gibus trying to lead his own trains, failing, and giving up on any further effort. That's when the sheeping definitely takes a scum-angled turn. The chances it's fake are much higher because he's already been trying to lead wagons himself today.
Crescent
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2259 (isolation #619) » Sun Jun 26, 2022 4:20 am

Post by Crescent »

In post 2233, geraintm wrote:
I hope crescent votes gibus for comedy sake
And this is the ultimate problem.

I've already indicated I would vote Gibus before Elsa. Frankly I think town is kinda completely screwed if Gibus is town and Elsa is scum because it only furthers town murdering itself with lazy inactive play, so even for that reason alone I want to trust Elsa practically out of necessity. She and I have pretty well dominated the conversation together in the past day and a half or so.

11 posts today, 3 votes, 0 content. Asks one question that's long since already been answered and that's it.

What does Gibus do if I vote him? Does he vote himself? Does he vote me? He seems to not even be registering anything I said about his scum potential. Is he even reading the game?
Crescent
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2264 (isolation #620) » Sun Jun 26, 2022 9:46 am

Post by Crescent »

What might be even weirder is he suddenly got loud, and then went dead silent the moment it got pointed out.

22 hours without a post after several in a short timespan by his metrics, stemming from having the post before the initial callout.

Who's kinda opposing NM except for Corwin though? It's probably more that he's too busy calling everyone in the game scum for poor reasons and less that he's actually defending NM.

Who's really showing resistance to an NM vote? Gera has wanted him dead all day. I've wanted him dead all game. Vivax and you are voting him. Eira hasn't attacked him but she certainly did not defend him. Gibus quite literally is not trying.
Crescent
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2265 (isolation #621) » Sun Jun 26, 2022 10:23 am

Post by Crescent »

Well I see the vote. I'm in position to hammer again weee

I am still a little disturbed by this claim of resistance to an NM wagon, and I want to know where it came from.
Crescent
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2268 (isolation #622) » Sun Jun 26, 2022 11:48 am

Post by Crescent »

This is actually kinda fascinating.

Vivax: Gibus, NM, Elsa, Eira
NM: Gera, Elsa, Vivax, Corwin

We've now had two trains go -1 and there is only one overlapping person between them. I'm of course the only person who has voted neither.

Not sure what, if anything there is to read out of it though. I'm kinda busy at this very moment anyway.
Crescent
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2272 (isolation #623) » Sun Jun 26, 2022 12:16 pm

Post by Crescent »

In post 2269, Vivax wrote:
In post 2268, Crescent wrote:This is actually kinda fascinating.

Vivax: Gibus, NM, Elsa, Eira
NM: Gera, Elsa, Vivax, Corwin

We've now had two trains go -1 and there is only one overlapping person between them. I'm of course the only person who has voted neither.

Not sure what, if anything there is to read out of it though. I'm kinda busy at this very moment anyway.
That constellation is screaming Eira + NM.
Good one there.
I feel like there's an even stronger implication than previous that Vivax had both scum on him.

But this would also be the second time Gibus and NM,the two most inactive players on the game would consecutively vote someone. Why does it look worse on Eira?

She is the only one still on Vivax and her posts recently were poor, but what has Gibus done?

Anyways birthday things that didn't happen yesterday are happening now.
Crescent
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2274 (isolation #624) » Sun Jun 26, 2022 2:39 pm

Post by Crescent »

There is exactly one person that statement could even apply to and you didn't even put in the work required to name them.
Crescent
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2275 (isolation #625) » Sun Jun 26, 2022 4:50 pm

Post by Crescent »

Day is dead again, only this time I feel like our avenues of discussion are pretty well exhausted. Does anyone feel they have anything of import to say?

My only paranoia is that NM+Gibus feels like a comically easy solve once we all stopped eating each other. It makes sense, but it feels like, "the solution was obvious all along" simple.

I have this lingering paranoia of like, almost everyone.

But like, this joke of a post is Gibus' only post in the last ~
52 hours
Crescent
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2292 (isolation #626) » Mon Jun 27, 2022 12:51 am

Post by Crescent »

In post 2291, Vivax wrote:Hey NM.
My only possible partners if I'm mafia are geraintm and Crescent. They didn't hammer me at L-1.

Might want to point that out.
Corwin also did not hammer you and had the chance. It's kinda wild that none of us took it in a game that felt like it was just begging to die off.

Gera was the only person in the game his statement in his 41st post could've even applied to, and he didn't even name him there.
Crescent
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2294 (isolation #627) » Mon Jun 27, 2022 12:55 am

Post by Crescent »

In post 107, Eiralox wrote:/vote Elsa Jay
In post 2279, gibus wrote:Can someone unvote NM before he lolhammers himself?
If he were gonna do that, he'd have already done that a while ago.
Crescent
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2296 (isolation #628) » Mon Jun 27, 2022 1:01 am

Post by Crescent »

In post 107, Eiralox wrote:/vote Elsa Jay
In post 2279, gibus wrote:Can someone unvote NM before he lolhammers himself?
In post 2288, Vivax wrote:Mmm no, I take that back.
Guess I could do a gibus launch. Elsa is too solvy compared to gibus to launch.

I just think the snooker loopy nuts thing was NM outing himself in subtext when I voted for him.
Gibus' only comment on NM being to unvote him before he hammers himself (which he had over 30 hours to do and didn't) really bugs me.

He's still completely avoiding any actual comment about NM himself as he has all game.
Crescent
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2297 (isolation #629) » Mon Jun 27, 2022 1:06 am

Post by Crescent »

In post 2295, Elsa Jay wrote:Did Gibus finally come out and try and save his partner from a launch? We appear to be doing something right.
There's a decent possibility of this.

Gibus/NM feels so easy at this point it makes me paranoid.

NM even potentially works as scum with you. You could just be feeling he's now outlived his usefulness

There is no attempt to actually build to a solve though at all. It all comes out like a blind defense of NM for no actual reason.
Crescent
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2299 (isolation #630) » Mon Jun 27, 2022 1:14 am

Post by Crescent »

Also I feel like you actually work in a team with most people. If you got voted off and flipped scum, Gibus just gets shot and we have 0 indication of who he actually thinks would be scum with you.

It looks like him putting in work, but the work just isn't there. It's the laziest vote he can make in this situation for the laziest reason while simultaneously giving a reason to unvote the guy at 4 votes that stopped applying a day ago.

At multiple points today I've felt a little more paranoia (I feel you pushed on Eira a little too much), but Gibus just gives.. Nothing.
Crescent
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2301 (isolation #631) » Mon Jun 27, 2022 1:16 am

Post by Crescent »

In post 2298, Vivax wrote:
In post 2293, Not_Mafia wrote:
In post 2291, Vivax wrote:Hey NM.
My only possible partners if I'm mafia are geraintm and Crescent. They didn't hammer me at L-1.

Might want to point that out.
Why is that?
Because you look like a deer in the headlights
Actually he looks more like a "well, survival mode didn't work out, so let's try another tactic..."
Crescent
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2303 (isolation #632) » Mon Jun 27, 2022 1:17 am

Post by Crescent »

In post 2300, gibus wrote:It's too late for policy lims, cres.
Vote me if you think it's NM/me.
The fact that you're still calling NM a policy limit proves you are not actually reading the, thank you.
Crescent
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2304 (isolation #633) » Mon Jun 27, 2022 1:18 am

Post by Crescent »

In post 2302, gibus wrote:
In post 2299, Crescent wrote:Also I feel like you actually work in a team with most people. If you got voted off and flipped scum, Gibus just gets shot and we have 0 indication of who he actually thinks would be scum with you.
Gera obviously.
What indications have you given that makes this obvious?
Crescent
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2307 (isolation #634) » Mon Jun 27, 2022 1:21 am

Post by Crescent »

In post 2305, gibus wrote:Well, his sudden spike in activity isn't scummy if that's what you mean.
Him dying as either alignment loses him the game.
Missed the point again.

He spiked in activity, then
completely vanished
for ~24 hours again as soon as this spike in activity was called out. The very moment he was accused of going into survival mode, he went back into hiding.
Crescent
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2308 (isolation #635) » Mon Jun 27, 2022 1:24 am

Post by Crescent »

In post 2306, gibus wrote:
In post 2304, Crescent wrote:
In post 2302, gibus wrote:
In post 2299, Crescent wrote:Also I feel like you actually work in a team with most people. If you got voted off and flipped scum, Gibus just gets shot and we have 0 indication of who he actually thinks would be scum with you.
Gera obviously.
What indications have you given that makes this obvious?
Scum!elsa can't throw NM under the bus, given she's in a 1v1 with me.
Vivax I still think is town.

So poe says gera is the partner.
So you voted him first post, went inactive for over 30 hours with him sitting there on 4 votes, and said nothing about Vivax in any conceivable way today. You just left the blank vote there and disappeared.

And now you say he's
town
? The guy you nondescript voted and then sat back waiting to see die is
town
?
Crescent
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2309 (isolation #636) » Mon Jun 27, 2022 1:27 am

Post by Crescent »

I'm not sure there's any conceivable explanation that will satisfy me on how bad that contradiction between actions and words is.

But I look forward to you trying anyway!
Crescent
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2311 (isolation #637) » Mon Jun 27, 2022 1:32 am

Post by Crescent »

Oh it gets even better!

#2306 "Vivax I still think is town" is only the second time Gibus mentions Vivax all day. The first? When he votes for him.
Crescent
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2312 (isolation #638) » Mon Jun 27, 2022 1:33 am

Post by Crescent »

In post 2310, gibus wrote:I voted vivax out of impulse for calling me clueless - cus scum (with a rb I thought) just let me be last night.
Terrible reasoning I know, I voted somewhere else the next time I came online.
...Which was only after the Vivax train was dying off.
Crescent
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2315 (isolation #639) » Mon Jun 27, 2022 1:46 am

Post by Crescent »

Gibus is in that vaunted territory where he's bordering on so bad it makes me internally question if scum could actually play so poorly. Anyways the prevailing themes seem to be "One of Gibus and Elsa" and "One of Gera and NM".

Question for Gibus though... Why does scum Gera hardlock onto NM when Vivax is supposedly at two town votes (you+nm) in a blink? I actually do have an answer to this question. I want to see yours.
Crescent
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2316 (isolation #640) » Mon Jun 27, 2022 1:47 am

Post by Crescent »

In post 2313, gibus wrote:I can't defend a lack of activity. What can I say except I had other things to do?
Same goes for NM too.
So you don't agree that suddenly spiking in activity, then instantly disappearing when you get called out for appearing to be in survival mode scummy?
Crescent
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2319 (isolation #641) » Mon Jun 27, 2022 2:07 am

Post by Crescent »

People with a chance to hammer Vivax: Me, Corwin, Gera

People with a chance to hammer NM: Me, Eira, Gibus

Someone who didn't hammer on someone is probably scum based on the following: If you assume all above people are town, that leaves just Vivax, Elsa, and NM.

You actually pointed out why Elsa/NM doesn't work yourself. I got you to do some work!

Elsa can't bus Vivax to start the day for the same reasons you pointed out with NM.

NM can't relentlessly bus Vivax for two solid days because he's inevitably getting policy voted. If Vivax is town, NM has quick-voted town every single day, by the way.

So this virtually mandates one of the people who did not hammer is scum. Elsa/Gera and Elsa/Eira are the only two Elsa teams that actually work (reminder: Elsa did not care who of Owen/Corwin died day 1, which suggests Elsa/Corwin doesn't work), and I don't think Elsa draws so much attention to Eira if they're scum together.

This is much tighter on further review.
Crescent
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2320 (isolation #642) » Mon Jun 27, 2022 2:24 am

Post by Crescent »

And lord #2056 still looks horrendous anytime I look at it. But anyways:

By far the most likely partner for Gibus is NM
By far the most likely partner for Elsa is Gera

I kind of think this is where we're at now. Both of these being town with a protective JOAT is virtually impossible.

If anything seriously worries me, it's the potential of Corwin trying to throw the game tomorrow if we're wrong today.

Even disregarding Owen, Corwin/Gibus Corwin just hammers Vivax in a second. Corwin/Elsa feels wrong because of Elsa's actions on day 1.

Gera/Gibus day 2 does not feel like a scum/scum interaction. There isn't a lot that links these two, but I don't think scum gets wall posted by another scum at me and just replies with "Nah". Almost any time Gera has defended Gibus, it has been a justified reaction to a bad vote rather than something forced.

Elsa/Eira doesn't feel good because Elsa just drew, frankly, a little more attention to Eira than I was comfortable with. Eira/Gibus would mean Eira bus voted on both days 1 and 2.

Elsa/NM doesn't work because Elsa needs her partner to survive the day and rode him to -1.

Elsa/Vivax doesn't work because Elsa needs her partner to survive the day and rode him to -1. Gibus/Vivax doesn't work for the exact same reason, unless either Elsa or Gibus went insane.

Are there any holes in here? Gera/Gibus is the only argument here that even feels particularly weak.
Crescent
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2322 (isolation #643) » Mon Jun 27, 2022 2:44 am

Post by Crescent »

I'm the kind of player who will consistently get more dangerous over time and as I have more data to process. The more posts are in the game, the better for me. I can absorb 2,000+ posts in a 48 hour span... This pace is trivial in comparison.

My biggest issue early on is there just isn't enough to read on day 1 and I'm just as likely to murder a doctor as I am a scum. The problem is I'm good at picking up when people are hiding something.. But as town on day 1 I struggle to separate people hiding because they're PRs and people hiding they're scum.

I'm effectively the protege of a player who was legendary for his day 1 doctor killing powers as town and started half-assing day 1s just to make it stop~

But anyways, the interesting thing is both scenarios make you town, so is there anything in there you particularly don't like?
Crescent
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2326 (isolation #644) » Mon Jun 27, 2022 3:15 am

Post by Crescent »

That vote sure seems random.

Why her?
Crescent
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2329 (isolation #645) » Mon Jun 27, 2022 3:18 am

Post by Crescent »

Headtilt
Crescent
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2331 (isolation #646) » Mon Jun 27, 2022 3:22 am

Post by Crescent »

Uh

One's been down for a while. If you're gonna shitpost, you gotta pay attention to these things.
Crescent
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2353 (isolation #647) » Mon Jun 27, 2022 6:13 am

Post by Crescent »

The interesting part about this approach is by today's VCA, there are very few possible scumteams that don't have Gibus or Elsa on them, and Eira/NM actually is one of them.

But you're still dealing with the whole 3 protection claims in a game of 13 thing - And the argument on Eira still feels... Quite lacking.

Also Eira/NM means NM was super duper quick with a bus vote there. I mean, I guess that one's possible.
Crescent
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2356 (isolation #648) » Mon Jun 27, 2022 6:20 am

Post by Crescent »

In post 2354, Eiralox wrote:sooooo....... the fact that theres two prs and one claims against the other passes u by, u r just sheeping elsa. and gibus less likely to flip scum than me? U haven't made a case against not_mafia, unlike elsa. your case against me is shall we say... page 37ish.

my town reads are crescent, peroid. ive stated this.

and today u wanted crescent and corwinoid dead without any facts behind those wishes.

well vivax do as u please from here on out, i've detailed ur behaviour and gibus/vivax to me seems likely.
It's getting hard to tell what from him is serious and what from him is just flat out trolling. He's pretty much turned into a somewhat more talkative NM today.
Crescent
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2358 (isolation #649) » Mon Jun 27, 2022 6:22 am

Post by Crescent »

Also interesting:

Vivax gets votes, NM is on the train that puts him -1
NM gets votes, Vivax is on the train that puts him -1

Both are now voting Eira together and the reasons are super shoddy. Uh....
Crescent
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2362 (isolation #650) » Mon Jun 27, 2022 6:31 am

Post by Crescent »

In post 2360, Vivax wrote:
In post 2358, Crescent wrote:Also interesting:

Vivax gets votes, NM is on the train that puts him -1
NM gets votes, Vivax is on the train that puts him -1

Both are now voting Eira together and the reasons are super shoddy. Uh....
Shoddy to you*
I don't think you help anyone by just sowing distrust. Make your mind up.
I've given two specific teams I believe it most likely to be and now someone who's on neither team suddenly has 2 votes that essentially came with no reasoning. At first I was letting it go as joke posting given how this all started, but...
Crescent
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2364 (isolation #651) » Mon Jun 27, 2022 6:39 am

Post by Crescent »

The VCA left Eira/NM as
possible
, but it is not a defining reason to suggest Eira is scum.
Crescent
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2365 (isolation #652) » Mon Jun 27, 2022 6:41 am

Post by Crescent »

Also Elsa never actually said anything about Eira being scum - She just wanted to talk about the possibility.
Crescent
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2366 (isolation #653) » Mon Jun 27, 2022 6:47 am

Post by Crescent »

The interesting thing about Vivax using the VCA to suspect Eira without having any real reasons to support her is that same VCA is the only thing on his own side at this point. It says he's most likely town, even though his actual play says he's most likely scum.

Eira's frustration is understandable and NAI.
Crescent
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2368 (isolation #654) » Mon Jun 27, 2022 7:09 am

Post by Crescent »

In post 2367, Elsa Jay wrote:Well me talking about it appearantly got Eira back into the game mindset. So I don't regret it.
Why do you think Vivax is on her?

I can't really figure out a reason and he's not giving a real one.
Crescent
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2375 (isolation #655) » Mon Jun 27, 2022 7:44 am

Post by Crescent »

In post 2371, geraintm wrote:
In post 2335, Vivax wrote:Whatever we're playing this is far beyond mafia
Whatever you are playing....

Like, I get not Mafia 'so thing, this is him. Useless but him.

But you, you aren't normally like this are you?

I want a vote count
As I mentioned earlier today, Vivax said this was his first game at the start, and his join date would coincide with that. It could be that he just finds mafia more interesting to troll than to play. He does seem to be taking after NM quite a bit.

And yeah we haven't had a new votecount in like 28 hours.
Crescent
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2376 (isolation #656) » Mon Jun 27, 2022 7:54 am

Post by Crescent »

In post 2372, geraintm wrote:I've followed the logic being put forward, and I am sure some of it is correct, but it can't all be. I have lost all interest in this game, my postings today are becoming harder and harder for me to muster up and energy to make. I just want this over.
I admit I have lost the will to spend mental effort to try and work it iut. I thought my vote at the start of the day made sense, and I am sure someone at the time said we should rush through today and we haven't and scum is laughing because apathy is going to lose it for us
Actually that was me, except it was going so fast it was alarming to me. The entire town felt like it was practically giving up at the start of the day. I probably should've just hammered NM last night, though, but I wanted to make sure everyone had said their peace. Actually getting a hammer out of me in that situation requires me to be totally exasperated.

Personally so long as Corwin isn't around I'm still ok, but I am weary.

Nothing that's happened since last night has said to me that an NM vote isn't the next step for game solving. Eira is just a nonsensical tangent of votes that's never going to happen and honestly Vivax knows this.

If scum is Gibus/Vivax, they mega lucked out by three different town players not hammering on Vivax when given the chance - It would've been quite the gamble.

This Gera post kinda gives me town vibes of "Can we just get this over with already I'm forcing myself to care". I've been there before.
Crescent
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2385 (isolation #657) » Mon Jun 27, 2022 9:55 am

Post by Crescent »

Wait I thought NM was on Eiralox why did I think that.

I do find it interesting that Elsa has never filled in the "redacted" that I can remember.
Crescent
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2387 (isolation #658) » Mon Jun 27, 2022 10:13 am

Post by Crescent »

Anyways I actually kinda feel like I might be out of things to say and my brain is just floating around now and it's not a bad feeling. My cat definitely appreciates all the snuggles she's gotten today.

After all this discussion I kinda just don't feel like any team lacking one of Gibus and Elsa is viable. It didn't click for me early in the day that the Jack was protective too. Eira/NM works from the VCA but still makes no sense from a balance perspective. I have no idea why Vivax would even waste his vote on the one that has a 0% chance of getting voted off of the two.
Crescent
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2388 (isolation #659) » Mon Jun 27, 2022 10:13 am

Post by Crescent »

In post 2386, Elsa Jay wrote:I did Cres. Second or third post for day 3 from me.
Oh look me look at your stuff again
Crescent
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2389 (isolation #660) » Mon Jun 27, 2022 10:25 am

Post by Crescent »

Oh I was only looking at page 2 of your ISO earlier and it's at the bottom of page 1. I didn't realize you even had day 3 posts there yay I got lazy.

...A town PR that dies upon use that enables a scum PR that can stop it from killing itself? I never even considered the possibility of a town role that could enable a scum role. Seems weird.

And Gibus is claiming he wasn't RBed with his check late night, but that kinda doesn't make sense, but..

If he's town, him protecting me would've been easily predictable and scum could've just shot around him without blocking him. This would imply scum essentially electing not to RB at all, which is possible.

Huh, something to think about again.
Crescent
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2393 (isolation #661) » Mon Jun 27, 2022 10:35 am

Post by Crescent »

Cursory summary:

Elsa's initial claim came 26 minutes after Gibus, it was her next post, and it was in response to Alex voting her.

No one other than Gibus, Alex, and I were posting at the time. It's not what I'd call a
significant
amount of time to come up with a plan that extended into day 3 just to mess with Gibus more when Gibus already looked not-great.
Crescent
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2394 (isolation #662) » Mon Jun 27, 2022 10:39 am

Post by Crescent »

In post 2390, gibus wrote:Not worth the risk since I had alex as a potential target.
In post 2391, gibus wrote:
In post 2282, gibus wrote:Does the fact that I've neither been role blocked or nked imply that there's a rolestopper instead of a roleblocker?
In post 2284, gibus wrote:
In post 2282, gibus wrote:Does the fact that I've neither been role blocked or nked imply that there's a rolestopper instead of a roleblocker?
On this note, can you even be an X-enabler if X doesn't exist?
Maybe there really is an impostor among the two of us.
What do you think of this?
I've never heard of a role stopper that doesn't notify it's target it's been role stopped, though it's a role I've rarely ever seen before. Not being RBed on a single night feels like a leap to stopper.
Crescent
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2396 (isolation #663) » Mon Jun 27, 2022 10:41 am

Post by Crescent »

Wait rolestopper here isn't the role I even thought it was I just checked the wiki now.

That power has had multiple names where I come from but not rolestopper. Rolestopper quite literally is a one use permanent roleblock on the player. It's very rarely been used.
Crescent
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2398 (isolation #664) » Mon Jun 27, 2022 10:46 am

Post by Crescent »

I noticed that when I actually wikied it yes. There is no set name for that specific power that I am used to seeing.
Crescent
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2400 (isolation #665) » Mon Jun 27, 2022 10:48 am

Post by Crescent »

Basically, a rolestopper would make both parts of a "doctor checker" completely useless.
Crescent
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2403 (isolation #666) » Mon Jun 27, 2022 10:56 am

Post by Crescent »

In post 2402, Not_Mafia wrote:
In post 2398, Crescent wrote:I noticed that when I actually wikied it yes. There is no set name for that specific power that I am used to seeing.
Vanillaiser
This isn't what rolestopper is here, though.
Crescent
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2405 (isolation #667) » Mon Jun 27, 2022 10:58 am

Post by Crescent »

Gibus was calling me "near-conf" town. That's a pretty strong crumb.
Crescent
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2406 (isolation #668) » Mon Jun 27, 2022 11:00 am

Post by Crescent »

Uh, no? Vanillizer permanently roleblocks a target for the rest of the game.

Rolestopper here prevents the target from being targeted that night by anyone else. It does not stop them from acting.

They're completely different roles.
Crescent
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2413 (isolation #669) » Mon Jun 27, 2022 11:11 am

Post by Crescent »

In post 2408, Not_Mafia wrote:I'm talking about your homesite rolestopper you churl
And I'm saying what you people call "rolestopper" has no name there.
Crescent
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2415 (isolation #670) » Mon Jun 27, 2022 11:17 am

Post by Crescent »

In post 2414, gibus wrote:Although in elsa's defense, scum!she could have just claimed rolestopper-enabler?
I'm back to being confused.
Oh I see you got there eventually.

I was kinda waiting to see if anyone tried to use this argument against her before I said anything about that rather gaping hole.
Crescent
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2418 (isolation #671) » Mon Jun 27, 2022 11:30 am

Post by Crescent »

In post 2393, Crescent wrote:Cursory summary:

Elsa's initial claim came 26 minutes after Gibus, it was her next post, and it was in response to Alex voting her.

No one other than Gibus, Alex, and I were posting at the time. It's not what I'd call a
significant
amount of time to come up with a plan that extended into day 3 just to mess with Gibus more when Gibus already looked not-great.
I believe her entire claim would've had to be planned out beforehand in the 26 minutes between yours and hers. Her reaction to my immediate assumption she was claiming she enabled a town role fits the claim she ultimately made.
Crescent
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2421 (isolation #672) » Mon Jun 27, 2022 11:50 am

Post by Crescent »

In post 2419, gibus wrote:BBT had a 1-shot rolestopper.
There's no guarantee scum even has a checker notifying modifier.
To be fair there's no guarantee you're not scum checker got 'em.

But in an actually serious response, I feel like I just completely failed to absorb into memory what the Jack was capable of and that's weird.

The way that power interacts with your claim is to effectively roleblock it, but save the target anyway. Kinda weird.

Also, normal guidelines say rolestopper cannot block strongman, but the flip says
all
actions. Would "all" include a strongman?
Crescent
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2423 (isolation #673) » Mon Jun 27, 2022 11:51 am

Post by Crescent »

Then it's not "all" actions. I want clarification.
Crescent
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2427 (isolation #674) » Mon Jun 27, 2022 11:56 am

Post by Crescent »

Also is strongman the only unblockable action here because I've seen things like unblockable roleblockers before
Crescent
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2428 (isolation #675) » Mon Jun 27, 2022 11:58 am

Post by Crescent »

In post 2425, Not_Mafia wrote:Strongman is a modifier, not an action
My OCD is super showing right now weeeee
Crescent
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2431 (isolation #676) » Mon Jun 27, 2022 12:00 pm

Post by Crescent »

I didn't tell it to quote a post there and have no idea why it did.
Crescent
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2433 (isolation #677) » Mon Jun 27, 2022 12:07 pm

Post by Crescent »

And BBT had two powers that could mess with a checker type role.

But anyway, true "untargetables" don't seem to exist here. Like, in most games I've played, a bus driver can redirect a strongman-type shot, or a commuter can dodge one. They still go through direct forms of protection like doctors and bulletproof, but they actually have to be able to hit their target.

This is kinda what I needed to know.
Crescent
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2434 (isolation #678) » Mon Jun 27, 2022 12:09 pm

Post by Crescent »

'Cause if that actually meant "all" I could see it pairing with Gibus' claim and a strongman quite well, but it doesn't work that way here.
Crescent
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2439 (isolation #679) » Mon Jun 27, 2022 12:21 pm

Post by Crescent »

In post 2435, Not_Mafia wrote:
In post 2433, Crescent wrote:But anyway, true "untargetables" don't seem to exist here.
Commuters are untargettable
So would a commuter beat a strongman then?
Crescent
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2442 (isolation #680) » Mon Jun 27, 2022 12:48 pm

Post by Crescent »

I didn't know if rolestopper was simply protection or effectively turned their target untargetable to everyone else. My brain just cannot let such questions rest yay.

Checker can be scum.. Though it's hard to see scum checker meaningfully interacting with stopper and commuter. I guess unless the checker was also another form of power. I learned in 2272 that scum doctor counters gunsmith but we don't have gunsmith here so that at least would make no sense.

Imma go have dinner.
Crescent
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2445 (isolation #681) » Mon Jun 27, 2022 3:31 pm

Post by Crescent »

It was less the time and more the claim had to be entirely premediated early on.

I went back over Elsa's claim and did find something interesting. For some reason I remember her reacting way more harshly to me than she did (Was it someone else? There's basically nothing in her reaction to me), but there's something even better:

In post 1656, Elsa Jay wrote:Because if [Redacted] is either Doctor or Detective or possibly for scum's Roleblocker I'm not outting that shit until they kill me and see it on my card.

I'm not giving anymore hints on what it actually is.
This is a mere 10 posts after her claim in response to getting pressed, which is a direct as hell crumb, though she apparently never mentions this crumb specifically on day 3. Considering Elsa could
not
have known at the time a Jack with protective powers would flip, this is a pretty direct hint to why town Elsa would trust Gibus here. The specific fact that a different protection flipped could not have been part of a premeditated scum plan. Without that, Elsa's claim doesn't really do any significant harm to Gibus no matter what she does.
Crescent
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2450 (isolation #682) » Mon Jun 27, 2022 3:39 pm

Post by Crescent »

In post 2443, Eiralox wrote:so it's elsa/gibus. elsa reacted emotional to corwin vote. gibus only started to mount a defense now, waaaaay after elsa-attack. i can see scum elsa, but voting gibus is..... safer? maybe?

Crescent talks about Elsa claming 28 minutes after gibus and how that's not enough time, thing is elsa only contested gibus claim way after both claims so elsa culd've claimed(using redacted to play safe) and later mounbted gibus attack. Elsa/Gera team and way less likely Elsa/Vivax and others.

But..... ergh.... gibus feels green and elsa feel bliase these past few pages, except when socliding corwin, but i know im eira, i err, so chances ae my vote's still goin gibus rather than else.
I'm going both ways on Gibus. Yes, it's an improvement. It looks better on him than his previous behavior... But it also kind of feels... Flaily a little? Like the rolestopper thing for example had a giant hole in it from the start. It kind feels like he's trying to find meta reasons to go after Elsa instead of play reasons.
Crescent
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2453 (isolation #683) » Mon Jun 27, 2022 4:00 pm

Post by Crescent »

In post 2447, Eiralox wrote:
In post 2446, Corwinoid wrote:
In post 2444, Eiralox wrote:one thing that worried me yesterday when walking was that scum! Elsa also wouldn't want a gibus launch, rather a misluanch D3, then maybe a misslaunch D4 and when gibus finally swings eazy scum victory.
Where have her votes been today?

Vivax, which looked like an easy mislaunch, and went to -1 before I cooled it off.
Not_Mafia, who town have wanted to self-destruct on all game.

She's the one pushing the mislaunch to have the gibus fight tomorrow.
i'm considering this and that's why a gibus launch today would make me happy.

the thing for me is...case building. els might not be fully logical but their attack on gibus/N_M and gibus/eira is brave.

would scum elsa do this? maybe.

one can say that elsa calling Gibus/N_M Gibus/Eira is Elsa protecting either Gera or Vivax for when things go ball's up but idk.

if we launch gibus and it's a doc swing we'll be more certain about elsa.
NM is a totally natural partner for Gibus here, so I wouldn't particularly call that "brave".

But I did get some "testing the waters" vibes from the way she was probing at you, though it could also have been paranoia. I said right at the start of the day I had some towards you.

One interesting fact though: Elsa and Gera have never voted for each other the entire game. Time to dig into some isos.

Day 1: Gera votes me and refuses to unvote ever. Awesome pro-town stuff.
Elsa votes Alex, Owen, Gibus, and Owen

Day 2: Gera spends a very long time on Vivax before switching to Gibus
Also Day 2: Elsa spends a very long time on Corwin before switching to Gibus
Also Day 2: Elsa jumps from Gibus to Vivax, where Gera just was
Also Day 2: Both Gera and Elsa end on BBT

Day 3: Elsa starts on Vivax, jumps to NM, where Gera has sat basically all day.

Gera basically never addresses Elsa all game outside of simple one-liners or in other people's posts that quote her. I would say he never actually pressures or scrutinizes her in any way.

Elsa never meaningfully talks about Gera on day 1.
Elsa lists Gera as one of the (many) wagons she'll accept on day 2, but never gives a single palpable reason why
She references him a couple of times day 3, but never gives any actual arguments based on him. Shoves him in a possible team with Gibus for no apparent reason

As much as I brought up that Gibus/NM haven't really like, addressed each other at all, Elsa and Gera have a ton of vote overlap for two players who have barely acknowledged the other's existence.
Crescent
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2454 (isolation #684) » Mon Jun 27, 2022 4:02 pm

Post by Crescent »

In post 2451, Elsa Jay wrote:
In post 2445, Crescent wrote:It was less the time and more the claim had to be entirely premediated early on.

I went back over Elsa's claim and did find something interesting. For some reason I remember her reacting way more harshly to me than she did (Was it someone else? There's basically nothing in her reaction to me), but there's something even better:

In post 1656, Elsa Jay wrote:Because if [Redacted] is either Doctor or Detective or possibly for scum's Roleblocker I'm not outting that shit until they kill me and see it on my card.

I'm not giving anymore hints on what it actually is.
This is a mere 10 posts after her claim in response to getting pressed, which is a direct as hell crumb, though she apparently never mentions this crumb specifically on day 3. Considering Elsa could
not
have known at the time a Jack with protective powers would flip, this is a pretty direct hint to why town Elsa would trust Gibus here. The specific fact that a different protection flipped could not have been part of a premeditated scum plan. Without that, Elsa's claim doesn't really do any significant harm to Gibus no matter what she does.
Fun fact I did also mention that crumb day 3.
In post 1875, Elsa Jay wrote:But yeah I might as well out it since appearantly all the other PRs are dead. I enable a Roleblocker. Hence why I believed in the Doctor-Checker claim. I was kinda hoping to die last night instead to end scum having it but if only two Protectives are alive I have to reason to hide it now.
That's not really referencing the crumb so much as it is explaining why trusting Gibus made sense.
Crescent
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2457 (isolation #685) » Mon Jun 27, 2022 4:05 pm

Post by Crescent »

In post 2452, Eiralox wrote:but if elsa is pr then evasiveness D1 can be warranted for survival's sake. Gibus rn is going after elsa but isn't doing game solving from what i've seen. same with vuvax tbh.

if gibus started hunting elsa's scum partner along with bringing a rebuttal to the case i wuldve felt better.

but no, we got elsa leading us in hunting gibus partner and gibus just now coming back to counter a major claim elsa had made days ago, so right now yeah imma wait and see.
This is part of why I said it kinda feels "flaily". He feels like he's trying to find game meta reasons to attack Elsa's claim, but he isn't going after Elsa's play.

There is a strong case for Elsa/Gera and I had to drag him out just to name Gera as the most likely partner, but he didn't put actual work into it.
Crescent
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2458 (isolation #686) » Mon Jun 27, 2022 4:09 pm

Post by Crescent »

In post 2455, Eiralox wrote:the Alex kill immediately pointed to elsa scum due to alex being main sus on elsa D1 and D2. so this might mean scum wanted alex kill to sus elsa, not knowing he was vig.

the fact that gibus said, they might heal eira, cres, or alex, pref eira and then chose cres after i crumbed i'm not vig..... well now.

if scum suspected alex was vig this might mean scum! gibus is trying to get elsa to heal crescent and not eira, cos gibus gonna pref heal eira.

both claim 2 heal cres, none heal alex, alex shot.

so....... if cres was second obvious choice, then gibus stating their gonna heal eira might shift elsa to cres heal.

and because at this point i havent crumbed i'm not vig(which maybe i shouldna done but at this point i was trusting gibus for toffee unvote) maybe scum! gibus and poss. vivax thought I was vig, so to get me gibus crumbs they gonna heal me so that means they shift elsa off healing me.

just a theory.
Alex was a strong kill regardless of who is scum - I'm going to NAI that one. Alex is probably also who I would've killed as scum last night. I think there's a decent chance it was just a lucky shot in hitting the vig.
Crescent
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2460 (isolation #687) » Mon Jun 27, 2022 4:21 pm

Post by Crescent »

I actually think Elsa/Gera is an even tighter connection than Gibus/NM. What's crazy is, I think a Gibus
town
flip today would actually solve the game. Gera is the only partner I actually like with Elsa. Refresher on potential Elsa partners:

I have no reason not to hammer either Vivax or NM
Eira is both prodded by Elsa today has no reason not to hammer NM.
Corwin makes no sense for various reasons
Elsa doesn't let the game die on Vivax or NM at -1
Gibus obviously can't be

Gera is the
only
person that makes any sense on a team with Elsa. A Gibus townflip or an Elsa scumflip outright solves the game. It could explain why Elsa is
still
resistant to a Gibus vote, and why that NM voting duo happens to be... Elsa and Gera.

I have to admit that Gibus/Vivax feels like a longshot compared to Gibus/NM, but it's still
possible
. Gibus may have just been that inactive.
Crescent
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2461 (isolation #688) » Mon Jun 27, 2022 4:22 pm

Post by Crescent »

In post 2459, Eiralox wrote:Power down so on moobile . Its less and about alex shot and more abt poss. That gibus used post to influence where elsa heals for sake of night kill.

Ive been an early adopter of elsa/gera after going over votes and d1 and its scary how well they mesh. Well see.
I don't like him talking about it or her responding to it. It's a wash. You don't openly discuss your actions in that situation.
Crescent
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2463 (isolation #689) » Mon Jun 27, 2022 4:26 pm

Post by Crescent »

I swear if this town manages to survive because TWO different town were -1 on day 3 and nobody hammered that'd be nuts.

And yes, Gera essentially locked himself off of hammering Vivax by his response to NM's Vivax. Gera hammering Vivax was an outright scumclaim (like Owen's) that likely would've blown back on Elsa. The fact that he did not hammer Vivax does not do him any favors. He went in so hard against NM he couldn't possibly retract it.
Crescent
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2465 (isolation #690) » Mon Jun 27, 2022 4:30 pm

Post by Crescent »

In post 2462, Corwinoid wrote:Re : The problem there Cresc is that it's hard to read any interaction or lack thereof rom gera as AI because there's been so little of it lately.

> NM is a totally natural partner for Gibus here, so I wouldn't particularly call that "brave".

I don't understand how you get here, can you lay this one out for me?
NM is pretty easily the most likely partner for Gibus due to their complete lack of interactions and due to VCA. Gibus and NM have hard avoided voting for each other or really even talking about each other almost all game.

Gibus/Vivax is
theoretically possible
that Gibus was just inactive that damn long and almost accidentally bussed him.
Gibus/Gera does not feel like scum/scum based specifically on their day 2 interaction. I also think Gera is more likely to hammer Vivax as a partner with Gibus, because people were associating him more directly with Elsa.
Gibus/Eira Eira hammers NM
Gibus/You you hammer Vivax
Gibus/Me I hammer either
Gibus/Elsa lol no
Crescent
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2467 (isolation #691) » Mon Jun 27, 2022 4:32 pm

Post by Crescent »

And frankly if we pull this off it's because of the sheer discipline from this town not to make a bad early hammer that frankly I did not think this town possessed. So many teams are off the board due to lack of hammers that had ages to be performed and would've easily won the game if those players were scum and made those hammers.
Crescent
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2469 (isolation #692) » Mon Jun 27, 2022 4:40 pm

Post by Crescent »

In post 2466, Eiralox wrote:But im ever wrong so at this point imma just observe. Wnna vote gibus tbh.
Gibus gives us more information as a vote. I think a Gibus scumflip almost solves the game and a Gibus townflip
does
solve the game. I cannot see any other scum pairing with Elsa other than Gera. The last time I quickvoted in a day was in a day 4 where I strongly believed the game was solved and I didn't want to give scum any chance to fight back. I would do it on both of them on a Gibus town flip.

On a scum flip, NM probably wins the game. If not him, Vivax.

Town Elsa has her reasons not to want a Gibus vote so she can survive. Scum Elsa would know a Gibus vote absolutely wrecks the scumteam.
Crescent
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2471 (isolation #693) » Mon Jun 27, 2022 4:45 pm

Post by Crescent »

In post 2468, Corwinoid wrote:I need to go to bed tonight, I'll look at the VCA again tomorrow. The lack of interactions though isn't incredibly compelling to me. Now that I can talk about it... in the recently finished game me and BBT had a ton of interaction as the scum team (and it was the way he changed tone with me here that made me think it was a manip). I got a little handcuffed by being at critical points in both games at the same time.

A parting question though: Why didn't YOU hammer NM?
Same reason I didn't vote Vivax: I didn't want to. I instead asked to make sure if
everyone
had said their peace for the day. It turns out everyone didn't.

I've wanted NM dead all game, but I felt a hammer on him there, much like a hammer on Vivax, was premature. I wasn't exasperated or emotionally unstable to the point where I was going to make that play. I
thought
about the hammer both times though.

I said it at the start of the game that all I really care about is winning. I felt those hammers were early and potentially not in town's best interests, especially Vivax's. Town felt like it was practically quitting the game and just praying on his vote. I even bought into that a little myself.
Crescent
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2472 (isolation #694) » Mon Jun 27, 2022 4:47 pm

Post by Crescent »

In post 2470, Eiralox wrote:@crescent the fact that nm unvoted vivax -1 doesnt feel scum to me. Nm offers nothing but right now viv feels scum, cant justify a vote on nm over viv/gibus

Corwin seems to be a blanket townread by many at this point
I think the solve is very very likely to be one of those two on a Gibus scumflip anyway.

Interesting is the reason why NM unvoted: Corwin specifically asked Elsa to unvote for him because he feared an early hammer, but NM is the one who unvoted instead. There was nothing in this that actually depicted NM was going to change his vote to anyone else.
Crescent
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2474 (isolation #695) » Mon Jun 27, 2022 4:50 pm

Post by Crescent »

To put it in more concrete self-metay teams

If the NM situation happened with 1-2 days left there's a much higher hammer him. At 4 days left I have to
really
be sure that person is scum, or really messed up in the head. I've made potentially bad hammers like that as town before when messed up in the head.
Crescent
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2477 (isolation #696) » Mon Jun 27, 2022 4:53 pm

Post by Crescent »

In post 2473, Corwinoid wrote:
In post 2470, Eiralox wrote:Corwin seems to be a blanket townread by many at this point
Well, it sucks for you guys if I'm not, but I'm the only one trying to regain town cohesion and get people reactivated in this game at the moment also which really wouldn't play towards my win condition as scum.

One of my scum points on Elsa is despite her positioning herself as the peacemaker and town leader she's not really been doing either.
You have no scum motivation not to just murder the hell out of Vivax, which as Elsa called it, "your wet dream". You would easily get away with a hammer there with no repercussions. It would have been a certain game-winning play for you.

Though I would say Elsa has been quite a bit more active today than the past 2 days. I've bantered with her quite a bit.
Crescent
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2481 (isolation #697) » Mon Jun 27, 2022 5:04 pm

Post by Crescent »

In post 2478, Eiralox wrote:Well I dont know home w much time s left. I wont lie if I say I can see scum elsa, yet despite gibus feeling green to me numerous times imma probs vote the latter in an hour or more. Id rather have gibus flip doc than elsa bg tbh, gibus isnt bringing much atm. Mislynching elsa makes things easier for scum than mislynchng gibus, so thats where my logics at and why imma vote gib
Ultimately the +EV play is Gibus, yes.

If Elsa flips scum, k game is solved let's kill Gera. If Elsa flips town, the game is NOT solved. It's Gibus and then people argue who the second guy is.

If Gibus flips scum, game is almost solved because we can take out both of the better options to be scum with him. If Gibus flips town, the game is solved because it's Elsa and Gera.

Nothing Gibus can flip can hurt us, but an Elsa town flip
does
hurt us.
Crescent
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2486 (isolation #698) » Mon Jun 27, 2022 5:11 pm

Post by Crescent »

So Eira and Corwin if you're against NM does that mean you both think it's Vivax and that Gibus was just that inactively useless that he almost accidentally bussed him?
Crescent
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2487 (isolation #699) » Mon Jun 27, 2022 5:14 pm

Post by Crescent »

Eira you just used the L word a buncha times be careful
Crescent
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2492 (isolation #700) » Mon Jun 27, 2022 5:18 pm

Post by Crescent »

Also Elsa there's actually no guarantee you even get shot on a Gibus scumflip. Corwin, Eira, and I are all practically townconfirmed by it. If anything you could die protecting someone and we'd never know the difference.

Actually, I just realized something potentially really big and I need to check our history to make sure it's true because it's something that somehow has never dawned on me until now.
Crescent
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2495 (isolation #701) » Mon Jun 27, 2022 5:26 pm

Post by Crescent »

Ah, the sudden thought I had was correct:

NM gets to 4 votes. NM posts.

Gibus pops in with a chance to hammer, and asks people to unvote NM before he hammers himself. If he's going to hammer himself, why hasn't he already? He makes no meaningful comment on the NM train, and votes for Elsa in a blank post. He promptly disappears again after this.

So we have to ask ourselves... Why didn't Gibus hammer him?
Crescent
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2496 (isolation #702) » Mon Jun 27, 2022 5:27 pm

Post by Crescent »

In post 2491, Corwinoid wrote:Eira, if gibus flips green what's the play tomorrow?
If Gibus flips green we murder Elsa, then murder Gera, and we win.
Crescent
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2500 (isolation #703) » Mon Jun 27, 2022 5:49 pm

Post by Crescent »

Side note: I feel like there's been virtually no actual discussion on Gibus/Gera except for me saying the interactions don't feel like scum/scum. Almost all the discussion is on NM and Vivax.
Crescent
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2505 (isolation #704) » Mon Jun 27, 2022 6:00 pm

Post by Crescent »

In post 2502, Corwinoid wrote:Also, FWIW, gera's apathy post came off pretty town to me.
Oh I agree and have already said as much.

Though his response to NM's Vivax vote was so damn bad.
Crescent
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2507 (isolation #705) » Mon Jun 27, 2022 6:01 pm

Post by Crescent »

Also I've already said today's VCA is the only thing Vivax has going for him. His play today has been godawful and easily the scummiest of any player.
Crescent
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2511 (isolation #706) » Mon Jun 27, 2022 6:06 pm

Post by Crescent »

It's him pushing an Eira/NM team and treating it as serious while wasting his vote on Eira that's really glaring now.

Like the only possible way for Vivax to be town today is if he is intentionally trying to lose the game for town.
Crescent
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2512 (isolation #707) » Mon Jun 27, 2022 6:08 pm

Post by Crescent »

Which given his behavior wouldn't surprise me at all. Vivax practically quit playing after his awful arguments on me day 2 couldn't get any traction.
Crescent
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2514 (isolation #708) » Mon Jun 27, 2022 6:14 pm

Post by Crescent »

Yeah we've spent a game day and a half trying to do that now. He's not even shitposting most of the time, he's just randomly calling almost everyone in the game scum without giving any explanations.

The last time he ever actually tried to argue someone being scum was me but he just could not seem to understand how bad the argument was and he seems to have stopped bothering. I town read this total failure of game comprehension back on day 2. On day 3 he has done little but actively subvert the town.

And frankly if I ever get stuck in another game with NM I'm first post voting him and never taking it off until he or I are dead so.. Not like I find him "effective" either~
Crescent
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2518 (isolation #709) » Mon Jun 27, 2022 6:22 pm

Post by Crescent »

I have to admit I've been sitting here trying to figure out that one line too
Crescent
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2573 (isolation #710) » Tue Jun 28, 2022 3:50 am

Post by Crescent »

Page 101/102 impression: Gibus needs to stop posting other people's quotes and use more of his own words. Too many posts with really none of his own words.
Crescent
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2574 (isolation #711) » Tue Jun 28, 2022 3:53 am

Post by Crescent »

In post 2572, Vivax wrote:Magic powers tell me you are the giraffe.
Are giraffes sus?
Crescent
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2575 (isolation #712) » Tue Jun 28, 2022 3:54 am

Post by Crescent »

In post 2569, Vivax wrote:
In post 2553, geraintm wrote:
we talk ourselves into some big brain plays.
That's the problem.
If you spend enough time on it, you can picture any scenario possible. There is such a thing as overthinking it.

If you start from Crescents analysis of the wagons and look at Eiras activity explosion before, you should think that Eira is mafia no?
Or why did NM do his big flashy post voting for me?Is that in any way similar to how he played on D1?
It's Gibus/NM, Gibus/Vivax, or Elsa/Gera.

"Any scenarios".
Crescent
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2576 (isolation #713) » Tue Jun 28, 2022 3:57 am

Post by Crescent »

Also Gera's brain seems legitimately broken from the overall burst of activity today. Kinda don't think he's the kind of guy to fake that.
Crescent
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2578 (isolation #714) » Tue Jun 28, 2022 4:12 am

Post by Crescent »

In post 2273, Not_Mafia wrote:I'm clearly the scum endorsed counter wagon, I'd be more wary of the people sticking to me than the people spreading their votes
Also I feel like Gibus has suddenly been outefforting Elsa but it's only been for like the last 24-36 hours.

But a lot of it feels aimless quoting of old posts that adds little. I haven't seen him actually make any sort of concise argument for Elsa being scum. The closest thing we got were like, questions about rolestopper as a way to try to produce a reason.
Crescent
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2579 (isolation #715) » Tue Jun 28, 2022 4:13 am

Post by Crescent »

Huh I was looking at old posts on that page, I never told it to quote anything for my post.

Seriously what's up with this site
Crescent
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2582 (isolation #716) » Tue Jun 28, 2022 5:05 am

Post by Crescent »

Yeah I asked that question already last night.
Crescent
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2592 (isolation #717) » Tue Jun 28, 2022 8:04 am

Post by Crescent »

Elsa/Me is a literal joke of a team when I could hammer either Vivax or NM and win the game.
Crescent
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2593 (isolation #718) » Tue Jun 28, 2022 8:06 am

Post by Crescent »

I actually had a little faith in Corwin not to potentially throw the game on his hateboner for me.

I feel for it~
Crescent
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2594 (isolation #719) » Tue Jun 28, 2022 8:08 am

Post by Crescent »

It's also still interesting that Gibus is finally trying and Elsa has kinda completely stopped.
Crescent
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2597 (isolation #720) » Tue Jun 28, 2022 8:12 am

Post by Crescent »

Also what's funny is I told him he only has a case against me if he can answer every question in a post he's totally ignored.

Also Corwin wants to vote you, not Gibus. Voting you is the appease Corwin play.
Crescent
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2598 (isolation #721) » Tue Jun 28, 2022 8:14 am

Post by Crescent »

In post 2596, Vivax wrote:VOTE: not_mafia
And Vivax "exists".
Crescent
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2600 (isolation #722) » Tue Jun 28, 2022 8:17 am

Post by Crescent »

I just felt a sudden urge to vote Elsa after seeing that vote go back to NM. Her reasons for avoiding Gibus have already been invalidated by the fact that we'd have like 4 potential conftown on a Gibus scum flip.
Crescent
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2601 (isolation #723) » Tue Jun 28, 2022 8:18 am

Post by Crescent »

Lord that vote felt insanely opportunistic for someone who seemed to accept Gibus was the best percentage vote yesterday. Both Eira and Corwin even think NM is town now.
Crescent
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2604 (isolation #724) » Tue Jun 28, 2022 8:26 am

Post by Crescent »

That was the third vote on NM. You're still at 2. Gibus is at 1. NM and I have no vote down. Don't need an official votecount.
Crescent
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2606 (isolation #725) » Tue Jun 28, 2022 8:32 am

Post by Crescent »

In post 2602, Elsa Jay wrote:Do I need a reason to be stupid for fun?

Seriously tho what's the VC this sucks.
This is not the time of the day for "fun" votes

You also have.. Some questionable posts regarding NM. You seemed to be impatient for his hammer earlier, and "will it go anywhere this time?" Feels like it ignores that he spent a long while -1 already. It also went somewhere. Corwin and Eira townread him. What is your specific reason for following Vivax back to him now?

You spoke of resistance and how long it was taking. Vivax was -1 for even longer than he was.
Crescent
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2610 (isolation #726) » Tue Jun 28, 2022 8:37 am

Post by Crescent »

In post 2607, Eiralox wrote:Its either gibus or elsa for me. My vote will shift elsa tommorow if I see gibus is going nowhere.

Anti-James is elon musk btw
I'm having a hard problem reconciling that one half of the 50/50 is voting the other half, and that other half is still doing anything possible to avoid voting the first half for reasons that are no longer applicable.
Crescent
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2614 (isolation #727) » Tue Jun 28, 2022 8:40 am

Post by Crescent »

Elsa just pulled the "Corwin is town throwing the game" card.

I guess I don't have a monopoly on that anymore!

That second NM vote is very hard to justify though. All it did was play back into the scum Elsa scenarios.
Crescent
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2616 (isolation #728) » Tue Jun 28, 2022 8:42 am

Post by Crescent »

In post 2614, Crescent wrote:Elsa just pulled the "Corwin is town throwing the game" card.

I guess I don't have a monopoly on that anymore!

That second NM vote is very hard to justify though. All it did was play back into the scum Elsa scenarios.
We have two people wasting player slots in eight.

Kinda can't leave any stone unturned.
Crescent
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2617 (isolation #729) » Tue Jun 28, 2022 8:43 am

Post by Crescent »

And it quoted the wrong post whoops
Crescent
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2619 (isolation #730) » Tue Jun 28, 2022 8:45 am

Post by Crescent »

And in those 5 minutes it was pointed out how bad the vote was.
Crescent
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2622 (isolation #731) » Tue Jun 28, 2022 8:52 am

Post by Crescent »

Gibus is still the +EV play. My trust for him actually flipping scum isn't as high as I'd like but whatever.

Also Alex launched those two PRs with me so I can just shamelessly deflect the blame to the dead guy

Got 'em.
Crescent
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2624 (isolation #732) » Tue Jun 28, 2022 8:54 am

Post by Crescent »

Considering Gera is still on NM and hasn't done anything in ages we still kinda need one of those two guys back to get anywhere though.

Of course knowing NM this post might instantly summon him.
Crescent
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2625 (isolation #733) » Tue Jun 28, 2022 8:57 am

Post by Crescent »

In post 2623, Elsa Jay wrote:Yeah blame the vigi who actually shot the traitor for us. That'll show em.
In fairness..

Who wouldn't have shot Owen night 1?

Still got 'em.
Crescent
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2626 (isolation #734) » Tue Jun 28, 2022 9:01 am

Post by Crescent »

Anyways even I'm starting to shitpost a little the apocalypse may be coming.
Crescent
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2628 (isolation #735) » Tue Jun 28, 2022 9:04 am

Post by Crescent »

Do I get head pats and a bowl of milk?
Crescent
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2632 (isolation #736) » Tue Jun 28, 2022 9:10 am

Post by Crescent »

In post 2629, Vivax wrote:
In post 2628, Crescent wrote:Do I get head pats and a bowl of milk?
Yes
Do I get cuddles on a lap after and a handful of treats?

This isn't even me joking around this is like the dream.
Crescent
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2635 (isolation #737) » Tue Jun 28, 2022 9:12 am

Post by Crescent »

quote="In post 2630, Elsa Jay"]What are you a cat?[/quote]

In post 16, Crescent wrote:
In post 11, Vivax wrote:Hi peeps. I'm new here.

Do you know each other and respective playstyles well?
This is my second game in this specific community and the only carryover player is Gera who I spent a fair amount of my last game suspecting before identifying him as the guy scum was trying to get voted off.

That game also started with an immediate self vote, too. Is that a normal thing here?

Also, I'm a kitty. Meow.
Crescent
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2636 (isolation #738) » Tue Jun 28, 2022 9:15 am

Post by Crescent »

In post 2633, Vivax wrote:
In post 2632, Crescent wrote:
In post 2629, Vivax wrote:
In post 2628, Crescent wrote:Do I get head pats and a bowl of milk?
Yes
Do I get cuddles on a lap after and a handful of treats?

This isn't even me joking around this is like the dream.
No promises on that one.
But cuddles and being called a good girl are like, the very essence of life.
Crescent
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2639 (isolation #739) » Tue Jun 28, 2022 9:24 am

Post by Crescent »

Oh I'm demisexual. I like to cuddle, but to actually build attraction takes a long time. I will never be physically attracted to someone unless I am mentally attracted to them first. I tend to find I mesh better with other women because they're less likely to rush me.
Crescent
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2640 (isolation #740) » Tue Jun 28, 2022 9:28 am

Post by Crescent »

Not even gonna try to figure out what drove Corwin to say that~
Crescent
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2642 (isolation #741) » Tue Jun 28, 2022 9:36 am

Post by Crescent »

I'm pretty much just an Equal Opportunity pet.

Tale that as you will <3
Crescent
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2643 (isolation #742) » Tue Jun 28, 2022 9:37 am

Post by Crescent »

Also I let my kitten side out a little and apparently it caused a persona shift so I'm kinda just off the rails right now. This is the closest to my core self you'll ever see in this kind of environment m
Crescent
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2645 (isolation #743) » Tue Jun 28, 2022 10:17 am

Post by Crescent »

I find the women who are aggressive, while less common than men, tend to be
super
aggressive to the point where they either get bored of me quickly for being underactive, or I just tiptoe away from them without confronting them.

Though I recently had a guy tell me he loved me the third day we ever talked, and started crossing so many lines in quick succession I just got out of dodge and never felt comfortable speaking to him again. Apparently he still loves me though. It's both scary and cringe

The most unsettling hing about him was I think he's a predator who doesn't actually understand he's a predator. I think it may be a savior complex, which can be just as bad.
Crescent
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2647 (isolation #744) » Tue Jun 28, 2022 10:41 am

Post by Crescent »

Cats.

Do you like cats?
Crescent
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2650 (isolation #745) » Tue Jun 28, 2022 10:50 am

Post by Crescent »

Ok you pass.

Cat haters must be purged in holy fire. It must be holy as to cleanse them of their sins
Crescent
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2652 (isolation #746) » Tue Jun 28, 2022 10:51 am

Post by Crescent »

In post 2649, Corwinoid wrote:And game successfully derailed again. GJ everyone.
Why so serious
?
Crescent
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2653 (isolation #747) » Tue Jun 28, 2022 10:52 am

Post by Crescent »

In post 2651, Corwinoid wrote:Crescent, go ahead and put a vote down so I can hammer and get this day over, mmk?
Tell me first.

Do you like cats?
Crescent
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2656 (isolation #748) » Tue Jun 28, 2022 10:54 am

Post by Crescent »

In post 2655, Not_Mafia wrote:I am allergic though
Nooooo

What a horrible curse to bear. Do allergy things help with it?
Crescent
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2657 (isolation #749) » Tue Jun 28, 2022 10:54 am

Post by Crescent »

In post 2654, Corwinoid wrote:At the very least, please stop wasting my time.
I thought you liked shitposting?
Crescent
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2659 (isolation #750) » Tue Jun 28, 2022 10:59 am

Post by Crescent »

In post 2658, Not_Mafia wrote:
In post 2656, Crescent wrote:
In post 2655, Not_Mafia wrote:I am allergic though
Nooooo

What a horrible curse to bear. Do allergy things help with it?
A little, but not enough
My cat basically stalks me. She's curled up half asleep on top on me for like the 6th different time today. I'm so naturally covered in cat I might be dangerous to you.
Crescent
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2660 (isolation #751) » Tue Jun 28, 2022 11:00 am

Post by Crescent »

Also NM also doesn't have a vote down right now why ya singling me put?

Silly human~
Crescent
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2662 (isolation #752) » Tue Jun 28, 2022 11:03 am

Post by Crescent »

Both cows are allergic to cats? What're the odds?
Crescent
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2667 (isolation #753) » Tue Jun 28, 2022 11:22 am

Post by Crescent »

In post 2663, Vivax wrote:
In post 2662, Crescent wrote:Both cows are allergic to cats? What're the odds?
What are the odds a cow likes tonic water?
Crescent
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2669 (isolation #754) » Tue Jun 28, 2022 11:37 am

Post by Crescent »

Where?

Also like should we hammer now or should we infuriate Corwin some more?
Crescent
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2672 (isolation #755) » Tue Jun 28, 2022 11:41 am

Post by Crescent »

In post 2670, Vivax wrote:
In post 2669, Crescent wrote:Where?

Also like should we hammer now or should we infuriate Corwin some more?
You can only infuriate yourself because you believe you have a good reason.
Did you know Dhalism's Yoga Fire and Yoga Flame do not actually create fire, and burn their opponents only because they
believe
they're being burned by it?
Crescent
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2676 (isolation #756) » Tue Jun 28, 2022 12:08 pm

Post by Crescent »

Oh ok making Corwin mad was funsies but making Gera mad isn't fun soooooo

VOTE: Gibus

I guess I'll go have a bit of an early dinner pop by my local haunt and start meowing at people who think I'm cute that's fun too <3

I seem to be bursting with new energy now after my shift it's kinda neat.
Crescent
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2696 (isolation #757) » Fri Jul 01, 2022 4:46 am

Post by Crescent »

Oh Eira was the only other one I was even slightly paranoid of, neat. No reason not to stick with the plan. Oh and Vivax: Elsa's second vote on NM was her scummiest post of the entire game you'd do well to learn that.

No vote is most likely pointless. I asked earlier in the game if scum could elect not to kill, and I don't see why they would kill anyone if there was no voteoff. There actually isn't a single "good" kill left for them in the game since Vivax/NM are useless, and they need to bank on Corwin trying to kill me after Elsa goes down. My guess is if we have don't vote they kill no one and if we get rid of Elsa they murder like, Vivax or something. Add him to the trail of bodies of people who townread me~

VOTE: Elsa

I have no intention of re-engaging this game, though. That was all I feel I needed to say.
Crescent
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2711 (isolation #758) » Sun Jul 03, 2022 2:20 pm

Post by Crescent »

That's a community specific thing. Why NM died.. Who knows, who cares.

I don't see there being anything of worth to continue discussing in this game. The game can't even move on until it votes off the virtually confirmed scum that was somehow allowed to live yesterday. I'd need a good reason to think there's anything left that merits attention or I'm just going to vote Elsa in my next post.
Crescent
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2713 (isolation #759) » Sun Jul 03, 2022 2:40 pm

Post by Crescent »

Not really. Elsa's the only acceptable voteoff. If people want to overthink that again that's on them.
Crescent
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2726 (isolation #760) » Mon Jul 04, 2022 9:27 am

Post by Crescent »

In post 2717, Corwinoid wrote:
In post 2713, Crescent wrote:Not really. Elsa's the only acceptable voteoff. If people want to overthink that again that's on them.
What's your solve now, since we voted gibus off first and it gave us more info?
Eira and I both said Gibus voteoff essentially solved the game and it's Elsa+Gera if Gibus flips town.

Town just decided to completely ignore that yesterday, for some reason. I have 0 intention of ever reengaging this game though, nor have I seen any reason not to be voting Elsa from the paltry amount of "content" being spewed today.

VOTE: Elsa

This isn't worth my time or effort to re-engage. Get rid of the virtually confirmed scum already so you can throw the game tomorrow by hatevoting me. We all know it's coming.
Crescent
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2727 (isolation #761) » Mon Jul 04, 2022 9:28 am

Post by Crescent »

(And just ignore the trail of dead bodies all calling me town while the one guy who's been up my ass since day 1 somehow still lives, by the way. It's going to practically be comical when you blow the game tomorrow.)
Crescent
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2730 (isolation #762) » Mon Jul 04, 2022 9:43 am

Post by Crescent »

In post 2728, Elsa Jay wrote:Are you... Specifically leaving Corwin alive in order to act like this Cres? This defeatist mindset is definitely not townie.
Defeatist? No, the game is solved. I just have 0 faith in the remainder of this town (hi Corwin) to get it right. I haven't had faith in this town all game.

I shot a VT my last scumgame on night 3 over 3 different players with power just to get rid of the player behind that VT because I felt he was the only threat in the game to lead a vote on me. No way do I let Corwin survive night 3 here and kill someone I would've had hardcore pocketed in Eiralox. That's such a godawful play that it's insulting anyone would even suggest it.
Crescent
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2746 (isolation #763) » Tue Jul 05, 2022 6:29 am

Post by Crescent »

Apparently this day is still up, and the torture continues.

And yes, this is as blatant a prod dodge as the crap NM was pulling most of the game.
Crescent
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2748 (isolation #764) » Tue Jul 05, 2022 9:25 am

Post by Crescent »

Gera is sitting back waiting to scumhammer if you or Vivax vote for me.

This game just refuses to let itself end though, it's maddening.
Crescent
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2768 (isolation #765) » Tue Jul 05, 2022 2:03 pm

Post by Crescent »

Nice job throwing the 100% solved game like I expected you guys to do a long while ago <3

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”