Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #103 (isolation #0) » Mon Jan 29, 2018 5:57 pm

Post by Prism »

Impressions so far:

-I think Archwing's eagerness/reactivity to RVS was weird. The jokes/lack of serious votes kept flowing with the intent to keep the good times rolling rather than progress the game.
-Don't like Sephiroth's #32. It reads as establishing credibility via discussion of mechanics. Arguably that's game-progressing and just an attempt to get his opinion out there, and this is more of a tone issue. I'm inclined to think it's scummy because I get the same vibe but worse in the following post:
In post 79, Sephiroth wrote:I also don't really like the 'i have a plan, but I can't tell you yet' shenanigans from roy. I usually find this type of behavior to be an attempt at virtue signaling (yes I just appropriated that term for mafia use, come at me). Like if he actually wanted genuine reactions or actually had something that needed to be kept in the dark to be effective, he would't be like "HEY GUYS I HAVE A SECRET THING BUT WE NEED TO WAIT".
I'm hardcalling bullshit here. Nearly every time I have seen this, it's been town. There are more experienced players who do stuff like this as scum. Coming from a newer player it is virtually always town. Newer scum are focused on seeming like they don't have anything to hide, newer town don't yet see the value of having everything out in the open (or at least, not tipping the scum off they have something until they do).
In post 79, Sephiroth wrote:Nero, what do you think of me sheeping you since you think sheeping is dumb?
I don't like this. You explicitly highlight what it is that Nero should be taking an issue with your play and asks what he thinks of it. At a minimum, the correct play seems to be to wait and see what he said first, then highlight it and ask why it didn't faze him if it didn't. This is a straightforward question to answer and seems to be more worried about Nero's read on you rather than what Nero's thinking in general.

While I think the process described above is troubling, it's a common mistake as town too: What I think is wrong with it is the general preemptive attention to your own appearance it represents.

VOTE: Sephiroth
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #112 (isolation #1) » Mon Jan 29, 2018 7:25 pm

Post by Prism »

In post 104, BuJaber wrote:You're over simplifying the Roy issue though. The point isn't about the gambit. Obviously no scum has a reason for a secret gambit. The question here is the intention behind saying it's a secret gambit.
Is it he got caught as scum o he is making an excuse?
Did he get nervous as town so he explained but doesn't want to reveal his plan to scum?
Or is the statement itself a scum gambit to appear town?
My point was that newer town often think they have a "Gotcha!" that they can't reveal yet...and whatever they do get winds up either being worthless or spoiled because the scum were warned ahead of time. I don't think it's an oversimplification, and I think I directly tackled the intent part. I'm not going to get bogged down in the finer details of the intent without knowing what the plan was. I think it's fair to generalize that the intention, using what is visible, is typically town.
In post 104, BuJaber wrote:Lalendra is scum, vote lalendra. Or it's prism.
In what sense are you using "or" here? It's clear I'm in your scum pool, but do you think there is a direct link such that Lalendra being town would make me scum beyond a simple odds increase?
In post 104, BuJaber wrote:Like as much as I like the thought process behind Prism's post I think it's reaching. Reading seph's posts gives me a townie vibe and I find it odd he'd pick seph over anyone else that's questionable.
It's definitely a reach. The reason it's a good entrance is that I'm willing to make that reach, despite a clear lack of solid grounding or proof, and see where it goes. As far as vibes go, I already described getting the opposite and why. You don't get anything in the game without someone making some guesses as to who is what and why they're doing things.

Do you disagree that his question directed at Nero was focused on his own appearance? If you do agree, why do you not find it scummy?
In post 104, BuJaber wrote:But a question for you Prism, if you are heavily leaning town for Roy, what do you think of Leon sheeping him?
Not very indicative. Town has a strong incentive to break out of RVS and get motion going. If I had no read, I would have likely done the same.
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #113 (isolation #2) » Mon Jan 29, 2018 7:28 pm

Post by Prism »

Often, my initial reads turn out to be wrong. That's okay, I've got plenty of time to fix them and plenty of information coming in to help me.

Sometimes, they're exactly right and were worth following.

Always, they're little more than a first-pass guess.

With what I have, I would bet on Sephiroth. I don't like his tone or the interaction with Roy, but more importantly, I hate that question to Nero.
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #118 (isolation #3) » Mon Jan 29, 2018 8:49 pm

Post by Prism »

In post 116, BuJaber wrote:As for my read on you: apart from the scum vibe I got from her first post and your first post, I am also getting low-key defense of Roy & Leon. I am inducing that one of you/lalendra is scum and if so one of Roy/Leon is scum.
Me and Lalendra haven't associated at all. I don't know what associatives you're getting from us here, other than a complete absence: in which case the same could be said of say, me and TwoInAMillion.

I'm mainly just looking for it to be explicit whether these are completely independent scumreads or you think there's a link between them. The way you're phrasing it it seems like if Lalendra is scum, I'm probably town, and that seems nonsensical given what we have so far.
In post 116, BuJaber wrote:I am also getting low-key defense of Roy & Leon
I mean, Roy, sure, but you directly asked me about Leon and I stated that I haven't found his only meaningful/action indicative, and that there's a clear incentive for him to make them as town. (I think the scum motive is pretty obvious). I'm not sure what reaction
other
than scumreading Leon wouldn't meet this qualification. It seems to run into the same problem if you had asked me about literally anyone else that I didn't scumread.
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #209 (isolation #4) » Wed Jan 31, 2018 6:24 pm

Post by Prism »

Skimming there's a lot of content that seems worth parsing and evaluating now. I don't have time to get to it tonight but I'll stop in in the morning, read, let it simmer, and give my thoughts tomorrow night.
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #256 (isolation #5) » Thu Feb 01, 2018 11:07 am

Post by Prism »

BuJaber thinking nailing all 3 scum on Day 1 as not only possible but imminent needs to stop. Those last few sentences of 229 are the kind that make you think "Either this guy is completely clueless or he's scum". While we want to win and will actively try to figure out which one it is, this isn't the kind of choice you want us to make.

I'd slot him as a townlean but not a hardread. I think Luca's conception of the read on him/Roy is a bit off (Bujaber's critique seemed to be more broad characterizations of means and ends, and them being two different styles I don't think has much to do with it. The spirit is just "Doing a lot but not seeming to be genuinely interested in finding scum" The latter can take the form of trying too hard to appear like you are while not actually doing it (ie. Roy) or by ) Others reads (ie. me/Lalendra being only one scum) can be pretty convoluted/inaccurate but his explanation of it was great. The only thing that would really give me pause is 229's "I'm being the most open" line but the rest seems more just like a lack of selfawareness to me.
In post 225, Luca Blight wrote:I've got a feeling about Prism/Jaber being scum - Jaber's scumread on him after his opening post felt weird, and the way Prism casually accepted it was even weirder.
His accusation of it being a reach was completely accurate. I have differing reads from him. Being scumread isn't a surprise.

I'm going to preemptively say I'm aware of the response that being scumread
should
be a surprise when you're town. This is not the case for me. If you want me to elaborate, let me know.

I originally scumread Bujaber when I typed this part, so this wasn't really meant to be a defense or buddying attempt but more of a defense of myself.

Chumba's posts in general rock. I don't know if he's town, but the dude knows what he's doing and is experienced, and everyone would be better to listen to them. He will probably have hated this entire section. If he's scum I don't think he'll get past me but it might take awhile.
In post 197, Chumba wrote:His vote looks straight up like chiainsaw defending to me. He also thought roy was newer which is why he thought that post was bad, but when learning that roy isn't actually new his opinion doesn't change which imo it should since it roy being new was part of the basis for it. He also seems to be trying too hard in his opening post.
I didn't respond to the "Roy is an alt" post to just not be a jerk. To be blunt, Roy's play is more of what tells me he's newer more than the join date. All it did was move the question to "Revisit later" for when I have a better idea. I think the mainslip (assuming that's not just another alt) reinforces this more than negates it, despite coming after the fact.

I like Nero's #224. Somewhere GoldenParadox made a really good fairly long post that I'll have to find and extrapolate, the "scumclaim" for Bujaber though was just awful. I don't think it overrules whatever I liked about the big post but god when people call selfvotes scumclaims is it bad.

I wanted to revisit Roy here but I'm out of time, I'll pick up where I left off and see what I can get out of 200/238
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #331 (isolation #6) » Fri Feb 02, 2018 5:30 pm

Post by Prism »

Sephiroth's vote and the "It's ridiculous to claim that nothing has happened" line was garbage. Two's posts aren't great play but there's nothing scummy about them and the tone is completely town. Tone isn't the end-all but he's absolutely not someone I want today. I've already been accused of chainsawing once, I don't want to get a mislynch only to have the fact that I defended them used against me later.

I'd vote Seph or Leon as my top 2 right now.

People I wouldn't vote today: Two, Bujaber, Chumba, Lalendra, I guess Luca/Nero.

I don't fucking know: Mozam, Roy,

I guess: Paradox, Arch, previously mentioned Seph/Leeon with a strong preference for Seph.
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #332 (isolation #7) » Fri Feb 02, 2018 5:34 pm

Post by Prism »

Chances are there's scum in Chumba/Luca/Nero/Moz despite their eagerness for the game and active participation, reason they're in the not lynch pile is because they can be sorted later and are going to be serious assets if they're town. Burning them early is a waste.
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #333 (isolation #8) » Fri Feb 02, 2018 5:45 pm

Post by Prism »

I imagine no one is going to want to go on Seph because people have essentially townread him for being active and asking basic questions, and I should go somewhere realistic. Let me know if anyone else is down but I should probably be looking for a second best guess rather than take the selfrighteous vote.

The "you're only upset because you're not in it" was oddly pointed. I don't think he has a terribly high chance of flipping scum but I'm not willing to risk any of Moz/Nero/Chumba/Luca right now.

VOTE: Leon
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #335 (isolation #9) » Fri Feb 02, 2018 5:59 pm

Post by Prism »

I think he's comparatively more likely to be town, together with Bujaber. I don't care if he's not a PR. A mislynch is worth more.

Grill me for my two TRs coincidentally both being up there in the votecount but those are the works. Roy was a TR for awhile due to what I mentioned previously but I recall not liking him as much on reread and I still haven't tackled his main substance posts.
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #336 (isolation #10) » Fri Feb 02, 2018 6:06 pm

Post by Prism »

Eh reading it over Two's tone isn't quite as stellar as I thought. Little too over the head.

Two want to explain the Moz and Lalendra reads?

I need to be more proactive and thoughtful in this game instead of just giving it one hour spurts every 2 days. Not an effective way of getting reads at all.
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #352 (isolation #11) » Sat Feb 03, 2018 10:21 am

Post by Prism »

Will check in in about 7 hours and hammer if no one else has done so.
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #354 (isolation #12) » Sat Feb 03, 2018 1:53 pm

Post by Prism »

In post 325, Nero Cain wrote:if you think that than you clearly aren't reading. Like besides Leeoon, Archwing and Golden everyone else seems to be playing and contributing.
Like I get that you are scum that's trying to make the crux of make case on you invalid but your not scumhunting and that's always going to land a player on the scummy side of the spectrum.
Your repeated "there's not much to talk about" is just a front for you to do shit all this game. I'm lynching you.
Bolded here is disgusting. Phrases like "I get that you're scum but you have to realize/do you see/understand" bother the shit out of me. Trying to get the scum to "see reason" is nonsensical.

Phrases like this are simultaneously shoving your scumread while trying to convince
them
of the validity of your viewpoint. I hate it.
In post 221, Nero Cain wrote:
In post 188, TwoInAMillion wrote:Sorry I haven't been that active yet but I am playing in 3 games plus 3 mish mash games and
not much has happened yet
This is a stall post. I don't really like his excuse that he's in a bunch of others and can't contribute. The bolded is either scum that's actually not reading the thread or scum thats using this as an excuse to not participate.
Stallpost, sure, but don't act like you don't see this from town. A bit has happened but it's not like anyone's gotten into hard 1v1s or deathtunnels. Everyone has been uncertain and testing the waters, outside of maybe Luca on TIAM.

I again despise the reactions to Two's VT claim as being "needs death" and "claims scum" (Latter coming from Golden).

This throwaway read on Golden is terrible, comes out of nowhere, and I see no reason for it in your ISO. I would not at all be surprised if this was you+Golden.
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #355 (isolation #13) » Sat Feb 03, 2018 1:55 pm

Post by Prism »

In post 351, TwoInAMillion wrote:
In post 349, TheGoldenParadox wrote:
In post 347, TwoInAMillion wrote:but I know I am green from my role pm.
VOTE: TwoInAMillion
Scummy, OMGUSy and opportunistic vote. Please unvote me.
Shit like this isn't going to work, you have to actually do something and be proactive.

No town cares if you think they're scummy and will not be intimidated into unvoting. No town wants to work around you refusing to do anything. I don't think you're scum for lack of content and want other people but that's more out of a gift from God. Stop trying to halfass it and shame people for not being able to work around you being deadweight.
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #357 (isolation #14) » Sat Feb 03, 2018 1:57 pm

Post by Prism »

VOTE: Golden

Someone, anyone, help. The chance of this getting traction in time is slim but for the love of god derail this, please help.
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #358 (isolation #15) » Sat Feb 03, 2018 1:58 pm

Post by Prism »

In post 356, TwoInAMillion wrote:Well there's hardly time to do much today. I will be more active tomorrow if you spare me.
What do you think of me trying to save you? What do you think of Nero's assertion of you/Golden distancing? In particular, what I'm asking is how legitimate you think these reads and viewpoints are.

No one is going to spare you because you ask for it.
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #359 (isolation #16) » Sat Feb 03, 2018 1:59 pm

Post by Prism »

Like, all those people that were/are on Roy, now's a good chance to show the fuck up.
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #361 (isolation #17) » Sat Feb 03, 2018 2:02 pm

Post by Prism »

In post 360, Nero Cain wrote:prism, give us 2 reasons why we shouldn't hang you if TIAM flips scum?
I'm not fucking scared of you. Answer the post.

What's your reasoning for thinking Golden/TIAM is a bus?
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #366 (isolation #18) » Sat Feb 03, 2018 2:14 pm

Post by Prism »

In post 362, Chumba wrote:VOTE: tiam
I already claimed that I would hammer if I needed to closer to deadline. Why did you do it now?

P-Edit: What is your obsession with lurkers? Golden voting TIAM clearly is a lurker-lurker bus rather than a lurker just bandwagoning before deadline. You barely commented on him before. Do you think Archwing and Leeon has the third?
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #369 (isolation #19) » Sat Feb 03, 2018 2:18 pm

Post by Prism »

In post 368, Nero Cain wrote:ohhh nice deflect!
Directly responding to your answer with further questions, because it still makes no sense. The ultimate deflect.
In post 368, Nero Cain wrote:no, scum is TIAM/Golden/Prisim.
And if TIAM flips town?

While we're tossing around buzzwords, clear OMGUS, you're mad I caught you, it's you and Golden, name 2 reasons I shouldn't lynch you if TIAM flips town.
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #372 (isolation #20) » Sat Feb 03, 2018 2:21 pm

Post by Prism »

The irony of you accusing me of deflecting after you responded to my points with basically "you're scum with TIAM", only to get immediately called on it, is hilarious.

Chumba my question was more angled as to whether you actually thought he was scum or a better vote than, say, Golden. I take it the answer is yes given the "scum or terrible town", I concur with the latter but if you want to expound on which one you thought was more likely/if you wants someone else I'd appreciate that.
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #378 (isolation #21) » Sat Feb 03, 2018 2:25 pm

Post by Prism »

Would you like to elaborate more on the scumread on me, Chumba?

I know your prior reasoning, I'm more asking as to what about this you think is more likely to come from scum than town. I get that the timing isn't ideal, and you've already suspecting me of chainsawing once-but as I mentioned earlier, it's clear that my prior method of "Stop in for an hour" was resulting in basically 0 reads.

P-Edit: Half of those posts have come in the last two days and are the same act of self-pity/"I just don't have time". Don't be pedantic.
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #384 (isolation #22) » Sat Feb 03, 2018 2:38 pm

Post by Prism »

In post 379, Chumba wrote:
In post 378, Prism wrote:Would you like to elaborate more on the scumread on me, Chumba?
My earlier reasons plus your recent posts have no town intent imo. They are scummy as fuck and with deadline approaching you trying to start a new wagon is bullshit
I think scumreading me for the timing is fine.

The "these posts don't have town intent" are bullshit, though. You can't tell me with a straight face that 0 value is being added from this discussion, pulling both you and Nero into further conversation.
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #387 (isolation #23) » Sat Feb 03, 2018 3:12 pm

Post by Prism »

In post 386, Nero Cain wrote:Could you, real quick, explain to me why TIAM was so towny and I am scummy for pushing his lynch?
Re: TIAM here's my previous explanation:
In post 331, Prism wrote:Two's posts aren't great play but there's nothing scummy about them and the tone is completely town. Tone isn't the end-all but he's absolutely not someone I want today. I've already been accused of chainsawing once, I don't want to get a mislynch only to have the fact that I defended them used against me later.
He's the least scummy of the three lurkers.
In post 385, Nero Cain wrote:Firstly, you are trying hard as fuck to save a useless claimed VT and I just feel like your reasoning for doing so doesn't really make sense from an uninformed majority, especially considering that you are already scumreading two lurkers is Golden and Leeoon.
Seph is more my scumread, Golden/Leeon are only marginally better than coinflips.

I don't like your throwaway linked read on Golden, with the reasoning being basically that he's a lurker who piled onto Two, which is why I called it an "obsession". I think that's a very pretty unlikely team and your Golden read seemed to come from nowhere. The "I wouldn't be surprised if it was you+Golden" was intended as a scumread on you.

I don't know how to read you. I don't scumread you as much as I did initially, I think your perpetual accusations are a playstyle quirk that I hate more than scum. Like the "give me two reasons why we shouldn't lynch you" is selfexplanatory. Thinking it's me/Golden/Two is transparently hasty with little chance of being accurate (allowing the chance of myself as scum) that it just reads as posturing more than a real read.

The incentive to avoid what I think is a mislynch in favor of others is something I think is obvious.
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #388 (isolation #24) » Sat Feb 03, 2018 3:14 pm

Post by Prism »

To put something explicitly that might not be immediately apparent: I think self-pity is poor play and something frequently town.
At best
, I think the chance of it coming from scum is about as good as the natural rate. In reality, I think it is marginally more likely to come from town who feels themselves the victims of circumstance rather than actors in control of their own fate.
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #389 (isolation #25) » Sat Feb 03, 2018 3:16 pm

Post by Prism »

Oh, also, I didn't want to hammer TIAM: I said that statement to buy more time for people to reconsider. If I wanted to hammer him, I would have just done it. Agreeing to hammer to avoid a no lynch is different from wanting to do so.
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #390 (isolation #26) » Sat Feb 03, 2018 3:19 pm

Post by Prism »

Another point: I think it's crystal clear that my goal here as scum would not be to save TIAM but instead to set myself up for the future appearance wise. If he's scum he's dead in the water. It's obvious that the chance of it flipping has been near-0 for awhile. Bringing attention to myself and fighting the odds on his behalf has to have an ulterior motive of some sort.

Harddefending as a WIFOM is a viable strategy/intent to have but the intent of saving my buddy Two is transparently not the case.
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #395 (isolation #27) » Sat Feb 03, 2018 4:47 pm

Post by Prism »

VOTE: TIAM
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #396 (isolation #28) » Sat Feb 03, 2018 4:51 pm

Post by Prism »

In post 391, Nero Cain wrote:
In post 353, Nero Cain wrote:this is your reminder that GP and TIAM voting is a crossbus/distancing
is pretty self explanatory.

So I feel like

In post 387, Prism wrote:I don't like your throwaway linked read on Golden, with the reasoning being basically that he's a lurker who piled onto Two, which is why I called it an "obsession". I think that's a very pretty unlikely team and your Golden read seemed to come from nowhere
is just playing dumb
In post 358, Prism wrote:What do you think of Nero's assertion of you/Golden distancing?
you even asked 2 about it here.

and that's not town.
Golden voting TIAM when we all agreed that we need a lynch does not really compel me to think it was distancing is the point. It seems to me like that scumread would have to come before the fact; I don't see why a town Golden wouldn't vote TIAM unless he shared my read, and no one else does. If you think that Two's vote is the real meat behind the distancing accusation then that makes more sense. The reason that I said it came out of nowhere was that I A) Think Golden's vote makes sense from a townGolden perspective 2) Don't think that much of TIAM's vote.
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #417 (isolation #29) » Tue Feb 06, 2018 1:48 pm

Post by Prism »

First I was partners with TIAM, now I defended him knowing he would flip town. Called this days in advance, repeatedly.

Luca was probably killed for being proactive, competent, and not a likely lynch target. Scum are just going to shoot the active people who are town.

Archwing, can you elaborate beyond "pinging"?

I don't at all know how to feel about Roy. There's this emphasis on showing the thought process which is typically town behavior but the degree of ambivalence that comes with a lot of it irks me. There's this degree of selective charity with how he treats the players that seems convenient. #200 does a lot of giving the benefit of the doubt, whereas his post pushing BuJaber he asserts he can't see the town motivation (despite acknowledging just earlier that being upset/frustrated is the clear one). The unvote immediately afterwards to swap to TIAM was okay but the stance taken on Bujaber that same post was odd. 28 minutes passed between the post but he's significantly more charitable towards Bujaber, specifically his openness, and treats him a lot more favorably. This seems to be in
reaction
to TIAM's bad post moreso than further thought on Bujaber, and that bothers me.

Someone asked why I didn't vote Roy yesterday-to be blunt I thought most votes had already shifted off of him at the time of the Golden vote. Shortly after I made it I realized that was no longer the case but I saw he had a deluge of content I could sort through later. All of the following is after-the-fact justification because honestly I didn't think too much about it at the time. It's not great but a Roy-townflip was a lot worse than a TIAM-townflip. Golden flipping town over TIAM would probably be a horizontal move in contrast, with either equal or better odds to flipping scum as Roy.

I generally want more from everyone. I realized I needed to do more and kicked into gear late yesterday. Scum shooting the actives/competent doesn't work if everyone is pulling their weight.
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #418 (isolation #30) » Tue Feb 06, 2018 1:50 pm

Post by Prism »

In post 413, Archwing wrote:Definitely not down for a Seph lynch right now..
Why?
In post 414, Archwing wrote:also iirc luca was 1v1-ing chumba pretty hard while pushing the tiam lynch. think maybe theres something to go on there.
No offense dude but this post is exactly what I'd expect from a newer scum who just shot Luca. I think Chumba is more likely to be scum for other reasons but the 1v1 probably meant little.
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #421 (isolation #31) » Tue Feb 06, 2018 1:56 pm

Post by Prism »

Should probably elaborate on why I think Chumba is more likely to be scum given Lucaflip: Chumba is about as likely of a lynch while being in my opinion noticeably more competent. Read on me is reasonable but is comparatively low-hanging fruit with its conclusions (ie. Chainsaw is a sturdy accusation that boils down more to "Well I did or didn't"

379/380 are hard setting up to push me in the event TIAM flipped town. This is strange, considering again TIAM is supposed to be more likely scum and lying. His stance is basically that "Oh even if this is town it's a worthwhile lynch, they were basically scum anyway", which is a classic scum justification. Giving 0 credence to my read or trying to see things from my point of view at all. His interpretations are
valid
, but are making little attempt to be charitable.

Today the response to Nero accusing me of basically what he was hinting at in 379/380 was to not comment on it at all and instead just naked vote Roy. I don't like it.
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #422 (isolation #32) » Tue Feb 06, 2018 1:58 pm

Post by Prism »

In post 419, Nero Cain wrote:
In post 417, Prism wrote:First I was partners with TIAM, now I defended him knowing he would flip town. Called this days in advance, repeatedly.
he was a vt. What do you mean by partners?
Would you like to take a chance to review what you said yesterday before the Men in Black apparently visited and gave you a memory wipe?
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #424 (isolation #33) » Tue Feb 06, 2018 2:00 pm

Post by Prism »

In post 421, Prism wrote:Should probably elaborate on why I think Chumba is more likely to be scum given Lucaflip: Chumba is about as likely of a lynch while being in my opinion noticeably more competent.
This was ambiguous and I should be more explicit. To clarify, I think Luca was nightkilled for basically being town, active, competent, and not a likely lynch target. Chumba I think fits this criteria better. In general though evaluations of things like competency/lynch likelihood vary so this isn't very reliable.
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #426 (isolation #34) » Tue Feb 06, 2018 2:00 pm

Post by Prism »

In post 423, Chumba wrote:
In post 421, Prism wrote:379/380 are hard setting up to push me in the event TIAM flipped town.
That’s a lie.
As much as me chainsawing earlier in the game was.
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #427 (isolation #35) » Tue Feb 06, 2018 2:02 pm

Post by Prism »

In post 425, Chumba wrote:
In post 421, Prism wrote:This is strange, considering again TIAM is supposed to be more likely scum and lying.
This is a lie also. I had and still have 3 scum reads. I have Tiam chances to play and he refused and then lied about why he was inactive. Tiam was a straight up policy lynch and I basically said as such.

Man you have to be scum with the bullshit you are shoveling.
I openly said it was your version of a policy lynch.
In post 421, Prism wrote:This is strange, considering again TIAM is supposed to be more likely scum and lying. His stance is basically that "Oh even if this is town it's a worthwhile lynch, they were basically scum anyway", which is a classic scum justification.
You thinking he was lying, and finding him not town for it, implies you thought he was more likely to be scum than town.

If for some reason you thought him lying was town, and just voted him anyway, let me know.
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #428 (isolation #36) » Tue Feb 06, 2018 2:03 pm

Post by Prism »

Also "You have to be scum with the shit you're shoveling" while silent voting Roy to start the day.

Come on now.
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #432 (isolation #37) » Tue Feb 06, 2018 2:07 pm

Post by Prism »

The fact that they were responses to me don't change the stances you're taking in them and the things you chose to push with them.
In post 379, Chumba wrote:
In post 378, Prism wrote:Would you like to elaborate more on the scumread on me, Chumba?
My earlier reasons plus your recent posts have no town intent imo. They are scummy as fuck and with deadline approaching you trying to start a new wagon is bullshit
In post 380, Chumba wrote:
In post 378, Prism wrote:Half of those posts have come in the last two days and are the same act of self-pity/"I just don't have time".
Tbh I didn’t like how he changed his story. First he said there wasn’t anything to discuss which wasn’t true then he said he was busy. That’s basically lying. I don’t tolerate liars. You defending him is suspicious
These posts explicitly state that you think that my defense of TIAM is a scummy move, with no town motivation.

I wonder how I interpreted these as getting ready to push me when TIAM flips town.
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #436 (isolation #38) » Tue Feb 06, 2018 2:12 pm

Post by Prism »

In post 429, Nero Cain wrote:I guess this was some kinda sarcasm then.
The point is that I was accused of defending my partner. When "my partner" flips town, I'm now basically being accused of defending him knowing I would flip town.

I expected this to happen, so it's not a surprise. The truth is that anyone who scumread it just found it scummy independent of TIAM's flip. It's just frustrating to know that chances are a lynch is town, and to know that you should fight to move it, while simultaneously knowing
in advance
that A) It is likely hopeless B) You even trying is likely to get scumread.

P-Edit: Right, and I just justified why my interpretation is valid, and how it fits the definition. Glad we can agree. Your acknowledgement that the statements weren't made with TIAM's alignment in mind don't really hold water when
as scum
they're definitely made knowing his alignment in advance.
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #437 (isolation #39) » Tue Feb 06, 2018 2:13 pm

Post by Prism »

Well Chumba, here I am, I'm lying in your eyes. Are you sure you're not just saying that to discredit me?

It looks like if you actually believed I was lying you would have voted me, given your statements. Particularly if it's to the extent "I have to be scum".
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #438 (isolation #40) » Tue Feb 06, 2018 2:14 pm

Post by Prism »

In post 431, Archwing wrote:Before I go and make my case to respond to your question, just wanted to comment on that I think this is shit. Luca fit that description much more than Chumba.
Hence why I explicitly said that these evaluations vary from player to player, making my own opinion not very reliable.
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #450 (isolation #41) » Tue Feb 06, 2018 2:26 pm

Post by Prism »

In post 443, Archwing wrote:
In post 332, Prism wrote:Chances are there's scum in Chumba/Luca/Nero/Moz despite their eagerness for the game and active participation, reason they're in the not lynch pile is because they can be sorted later and are going to be serious assets if they're town. Burning them early is a waste.
Luca flipped green. Still stand by this? 1/3 scum? 2/3? where do you stand now? IMO, townread nero and Moz, null on chumba.
I still think the same: My first instinct today was that Chumba was more likely scum because of it. Nero/Moz are both tough, Nero's playstyle is orthogonal to mine and seeing past that is difficult. Moz needs to explain his reads more, he's given a lot but not really explained them.
In post 443, Archwing wrote:
In post 352, Prism wrote:Will check in in about 7 hours and hammer if no one else has done so.
So earlier you said you didn't want to lynch TIAM. Then you declare intent. Pinged me.
I was being lazy. I knew that it was unlikely to swap to someone else but was hoping it would. Then I decided to fight for it, because uphill or not it was 100% the right play.

Re: towncred, it might help to read my first paragraph of #331 as well as my post to Nero. I can be scum WIFOMing or change how I knew people were about to read me, but the point is that I saw this very line of attack coming if TIAM were town. I pushed it anyway.

You mentioned you did a reread earlier. Did you come away with anything else?
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #451 (isolation #42) » Tue Feb 06, 2018 2:28 pm

Post by Prism »

I've got to dip for now but this day is already going 10x better.
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #491 (isolation #43) » Tue Feb 06, 2018 11:23 pm

Post by Prism »

In post 454, Archwing wrote:I read that paragraph a few times TBH. I was never really sold on the intention behind it. And the fact that you had that in your pocket, ready to defend the town-cred attack, makes me suspicious, as if you had the next 5 steps planned out, like scum should do.
Right. It's arguably just scum WIFOM. That's obvious. The point is that I knew it would be perceived in this way, acknowledged it, and did it anyway.

This fundamentally changes how to read it. In the event I'm scum, it's me making a strategic bet that this argument will be persuasive, and I will be townread
despite
the negative perception incurred in my defense. This is very different than me straightforwardly defending TIAM hoping to get towncred off of his flip.

Arguing that I'm scum WIFOMing is rational. Arguing that I thought I'd get towncred for defending TIAM is not. I knew that regardless of what he flipped, people would find the base action scummy.
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #492 (isolation #44) » Tue Feb 06, 2018 11:34 pm

Post by Prism »

In post 486, BuJaber wrote:Can people comment on this; particularly prism and moz sincr day ended before you guys responded? Were you townreading paradox, prism? If so why, and more importantly why did you vote him? Also what do you think of him now?
I touched on this a bit earlier in the day:
In post 417, Prism wrote:Someone asked why I didn't vote Roy yesterday-to be blunt I thought most votes had already shifted off of him at the time of the Golden vote. Shortly after I made it I realized that was no longer the case but I saw he had a deluge of content I could sort through later. All of the following is after-the-fact justification because honestly I didn't think too much about it [Edited clarification: Voting Roy] at the time. It's not great but a Roy-townflip was a lot worse than a TIAM-townflip. Golden flipping town over TIAM would probably be a horizontal move in contrast, with either equal or better odds to flipping scum as Roy.
Re: Paradox I liked the one big post Paradox made initially but the second pass wasn't as good. The "thanks for scumclaiming" line was atrocious. Of the lurkers he was a better move for sure.
In post 456, Chumba wrote:So my 2 scum reads think scum killed Luca because he suspected me but he didn’t actually suspect me. He said I could be sorted later.

Man if you guys tried to frame me you are going to be recked.
This is a lie. I never said anything about Luca's interactions with you, or even his read on you; I don't think they meant much at all. I explicitly described an entirely different reason for why I thought his flip made you more likely scum that had nothing to do with your interactions, but all about the kind of players scum would be aiming to shoot.

Annoying as fuck, isn't it? Even worse that when you say it it's generally in response to subjective interpretations of unknowable intent, whereas this one is straight up just negligence on your part.
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #493 (isolation #45) » Tue Feb 06, 2018 11:42 pm

Post by Prism »

These response were mostly based off a glancethrough earlier in the day. I'll tackle the meat of it tomorrow.

From what I remember Archwing's cut was really poor decisionmaking and he should have left it. Chumba pretending that Luca didn't scumread him at the time just because Luca wanted to save him for later, relying on his ability to read you more accurately with more content, in contrast is delusional at best.

#257, 259, #267. All of these are clear statements of suspicion. "The only reason I'm not voting Chumba" is a pretty good indicator that he would vote you if not for that one reason, which had everything to do with how his read will get more accurate over time, and not what his read actually was.

That's already more indepth than I should have gone tonight as I really need to sleep now.
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #549 (isolation #46) » Wed Feb 07, 2018 1:43 pm

Post by Prism »

V/LA until Friday
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #612 (isolation #47) » Fri Feb 09, 2018 11:11 pm

Post by Prism »

I'll have time again to tackle this in about 12-14 hours.

From what I've seen god bless havingfitz for actually getting into this game and putting out content fast like a champ.

I don't like Nero's readlist but don't have time to really pick it apart. Too many town, don't like the choices of scum/tossups at all. Looks opportunistic (Maybe "angled" is a better word?). Just a first pass, expect more as I crosscheck it later.
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #661 (isolation #48) » Sun Feb 11, 2018 5:48 pm

Post by Prism »

My life is on fire, and checking on the game only to see Mulch is here saps what little enthusiasm I painstakingly had built.

Requesting Replacement
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #664 (isolation #49) » Sun Feb 11, 2018 5:52 pm

Post by Prism »

Actually reading Mulch's start his read on me is pretty forced. Came to similar conclusions, game is demonstrably different from my scumgame he's seen and noticeably similar to my towngame. Chance of trying to get under my skin is pretty high.

Doesn't really matter. I have no time to begin with and regardless of what he is it removes what little interest I had left in the game.
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #665 (isolation #50) » Sun Feb 11, 2018 5:55 pm

Post by Prism »

This sentence is ambiguous because I have a bad habit of taking shortcuts in my speech, so I'm adding more to clarify.
In post 664, Prism wrote:Came to similar conclusions as me, gunned for me anyway, game is demonstrably different from my scumgame he's seen and noticeably similar to my towngame. Chance of trying to get under my skin is pretty high.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”