Mini Theme 2182 - Legends of the Hidden Temple III - Over!

Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #229 (isolation #0) » Wed Dec 09, 2020 4:49 am

Post by Starbuck »

Sup guys? I am here and apologize for not being here sooner, but was visiting with a friend who is being deported in the next few days and that just was the priority last night.

I'm gonna read and come back with some thoughts after I get through some work at my office today.
<3 Kise, Reck, dram, tans, & Kats <3
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #436 (isolation #1) » Thu Dec 10, 2020 4:48 am

Post by Starbuck »

Beginning to Page 9

Okay, I'm here, HAI!
In post 3, VP Baltar wrote:Has anyone played previous iterations of Hidden Temple?
I have not.

Dang, Pooky pulling no punches with a challenge on Page 4. Seems a bit early, no?

In post 127, Noraa wrote:Vp and I've been talking in the pt and I think he's pretty townie and if I had to gun to head, I'd say he's town.
If y'all are both town, why hideaway in your PT?
In post 152, Gamma Emerald wrote:After this challenge ends someone should challenge the Red Jaguars
I think they’re both scum
Why? (I think I caught your answer as I read further, but anything to add?)
In post 156, Gamma Emerald wrote:I need Starbuck/AGar to post more so I can read them
Apologies, I'm here! Work has been dumb AF this week.
In post 164, Noraa wrote:
In post 159, SirCakez wrote:like you could make that happen
if gamma is scum, ur 90% a buddy.
How so? What's the connection that you see?
In post 171, VP Baltar wrote:
In post 162, Gamma Emerald wrote:Lilith feels like she’s promoting TTvTT conflict
Your partner started a challenge on like page 3....
+1
In post 176, SirCakez wrote:gamma is way too full of crap this game to be town
I've been feeling the similarly as I've been reading through, but then again, he's fooled me once before. I'm keeping my eye on him.
In post 189, xRECKONERx wrote:also can you guys please shut the fuck up and calm down and stop spamposting irrelvant contentless bullshit posts

you're going to cause mass replacements when people who went to bed early tonight wake up with a dozen or more pages to read
Seriously, thank you.

And here comes Reck with the spicy hot takes on Page 8.
In post 196, VP Baltar wrote:
In post 132, Gamma Emerald wrote:“Scum or liability” is the lazy/bad way to read Pooky
What is the correct take on it?
I was wondering the same.
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #438 (isolation #2) » Thu Dec 10, 2020 5:14 am

Post by Starbuck »

Page 9 to Page 11

BIG +1 to Reck's .

Nice to see Baltar share his thoughts in . Noting it because I want to go back and read it over again later.

In post 224, notscience wrote:It looks like “I know you’re town but need to justify my vote here with moral outrage”

But it also looks like “this guys head is full of stuffing he’s not good to keep around”

I didn’t like Pooky asserting “I’m town bc scum wouldn’t be this reckless” either
I appreciate these perspectives. I've been considering the last as I've been reading.

In post 234, xRECKONERx wrote:
In post 229, Starbuck wrote:Sup guys? I am here and apologize for not being here sooner, but was visiting with a friend who is being deported in the next few days and that just was the priority last night.

I'm gonna read and come back with some thoughts after I get through some work at my office today.
god, that's awful :( sorry mandy
Yeah, fuck ICE and their disbelief of my friends' loving marriage.

There's a 1v1 between Gamma and Noraa on Page 10 that I need to come back and have a closer look at.

I've gotta go do some work, but I'll be back.
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #522 (isolation #3) » Fri Dec 11, 2020 3:55 am

Post by Starbuck »

Page 10 to 14

Reading back over Page 10 because it was still bothering me after I read yesterday. I don't have a lot of experience with her, but Noraa seems quite overdefensive and borderline unreasonable in and . I'm just sensing raised hackles every time I see her address Gamma. That can be attributed to being 1 of the 4 today, but I'm not feeling a genuine sense of outrage. It's like she's putting on a show of being mad at Gamma, especially with the atrocious AtE.

In 232, notsci brings another perspective to the table and Noraa automatically slots him as scum without fully fleshing out his points or having a conversation with him. It's hasty and total OMGUS.
In post 254, Noraa wrote:If I don't act high and mighty with confidence in games where I'm heavily SRed, I fucking always die a day 1 lim. Is that hard to understand or something?
This is AtE of the highest level. I used to be an easy Day 1 elim, too, for a long time, but if you act scummy, you're going to get votes. That's how it goes. I think Gamma is completely right with his response in . Additionally, I'm not feeling the "high and mighty" in this scenario, but more like stomping of the feet like in .

Yeah, after reading through all of this, I have more faith in Gamma town than Noraa town.
In post 267, xRECKONERx wrote:
In post 241, Gamma Emerald wrote:What is UT posting in the PT so far, Reck?
he's not. he has one post calling me a bitch that's it
Ahh, so par for the course, then.

No Gamma, stop selfvoting! RE: . I know you're frustrated, but there are many other players besides Noraa and her opinion of you isn't the end all be all here.

In post 290, Gamma Emerald wrote:I could see that? But honestly at this point I'm pissed off about things to the point I'd rather have my slot resolved ASAP, and prove wrong those who think I'm scum here.
No, this is lame and a bullshit excuse. Get your vote off yourself. Who out of the other 3 is most deserving of your vote and why?

It's interesting because there's a Gamma/Noraa 1v1 and a Pooky/Baltar 1v1 happening. I feel like I've sorted the first, but I'm not sure about the 2nd.

In post 349, Untrod Tripod wrote:god dammit you're gonna make me read a bunch of spammy bullshit aren't you

I'm too old for this shit
This is the quote of the YEAR.
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #529 (isolation #4) » Fri Dec 11, 2020 6:20 am

Post by Starbuck »

Page 15 to 16
In post 354, Gamma Emerald wrote:@UT I'll just tell you to skim the interactions of me and noraa, it contributes literally nothing
Apparently, it's not nothing if it got you to vote for yourself.

Pooky makes a lot of sense with his .
In post 365, SirCakez wrote:I was joking earlier but Reck might actually be scum here
The more I think about it the more I dislike him complaining about non-existent spam, seems like an excuse for him to not play
As someone who is trying to catch up and wading through it now, it isn't non-existent and I don't like this brush off of Will here.

I mean, your next damn post is:
In post 366, SirCakez wrote:I skimmed most of the last five pages too much bullshit not enough scumhunting
So why are you calling Reck being scum when he isn't wrong?

Oh good, Baltar called you out in the moment in and your really does nothing for me. I don't think it's alignment indicative, but if you were in my shoes right now (falling further behind because more pages keep getting added), you'd get it.

In post 371, Noraa wrote:He isn't throwing around AtE unlike you two.
In post 374, Noraa wrote:
In post 372, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:
In post 371, Noraa wrote:He isn't throwing around AtE unlike you two.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA FROM THE QUEEN OF ATE HERSELF
Have I thrown around AtE this game at all?
No. BECAUSE YOU EFFING MADE US MISS ALL OF RVS.
This is rich. Pot Kettle Black.
In post 383, Gamma Emerald wrote:Cherrypicking/lying by omission isn't exactly towny
+1
In post 394, Untrod Tripod wrote:Wild notion, but 46% of the posts this game are from noraa and gamma so how about the two of you chill out and let some other people talk instead of suffocating the game?
Seriously, FFS.

Oh VPB, this Gamma case in . You talk about Gamma speaking about you and Noraa hiding away in the PT, but what about Pooky who originally brought that subject to the table in the first place? If Gamma is scummy for it, is Pooky? Why vote Gamma and not Pooky?

I also think (at this point) that y'all are spending more time defending talking in the PT than actually discussing the game. Why not bring those conversations and original thoughts to the rest of the town? I think Gamma and Pooky are right in calling you out on this and both of y'all's defensiveness about it is disappointing.
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #538 (isolation #5) » Fri Dec 11, 2020 7:09 am

Post by Starbuck »

Page 17 to 21
In post 409, Gamma Emerald wrote:UNVOTE:
So it’ll take a little more effort to ship me off.
About damn time.
In post 433, SirCakez wrote:agar is a player in this game?
Yep, this is my fault.
In post 443, VP Baltar wrote:I do think other people should talk more because the activity overview is .... Something.
I was about to ask if everyone was an Auro alt because FFS.
In post 455, Untrod Tripod wrote:off topic - this'll come up later if Starbuck is on the table, but I feel like her catchup is very fluff.
I wasn't even into the meat of stuff until this morning, so I get that. It's been a weird week to say the least.

However, I dig the rest of 455, even if I don't necessarily agree on all your points. Out of the 4, I do see Noraa as the most likely scum (reasons in my past catch up posts) and I appreciate your alternate albeit similar perspective here.

Noting this to come back for a further in depth read, as with Noraa's response to it in .
In post 466, notscience wrote:just because you can't articulate a gut scum read doesn't mean it isn't real
+1
In post 481, lilith2013 wrote:How well do Noraa and VP know each other? They both seem very trusting of the other when I think town would be more suspicious/paranoid of early mutual townreads. Noraa is suspicious of gamma townreading her (a trait I generally consider towny), but why isn’t she paranoid of VP?
This is a great question.
In post 486, notscience wrote:I think Noraa is being Naive and it’s being exploited by VP.
I think you're reaching really hard with this and not giving Noraa enough credit. To be fair, it's kind of a misogynistic take and I don't appreciate that.
In post 487, Noraa wrote:I have been concerned with VP before but it has never been voiced in thread.
And this is why hiding away in your PT is an issue.

I appreciate Pooky's line of questioning to VPB and Noraa from 20 to 21. Noting this to go back and read a little closer (just wanting to get through catching up).

In post 509, VP Baltar wrote:How about this: how many people who are not in the challenge are using their PTs to talk about the game?
I mean, we've both been pretty absent so our PT is like "hi," but maybe if I had some thought process to work out or if I need a place to toss some notes. Otherwise, I just put all my thoughts and reads directly in the game thread. I do need to bomb him with some memes, though.
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #541 (isolation #6) » Fri Dec 11, 2020 7:31 am

Post by Starbuck »

Page 22 - ALMOST FRAKKING THERE
In post 528, SirCakez wrote:the thing that worries me w/Noraa is I'm pretty sure all of the AtE you're calling out she would be doing regardless of alignment
@Starbuck
I don't have as much experience with her as the rest of you. I think this is our first game, but I'm not particularly liking her stances or her approach to the game.
In post 532, Noraa wrote:
In post 528, SirCakez wrote:the thing that worries me w/Noraa is I'm pretty sure all of the AtE you're calling out she would be doing regardless of alignment
@Starbuck
Im literally BARELY AtE'ing. I have done nearly no AtE at all. Whats up with this crap ass shade at me for AtE'ing when Gamma's AtE has certainly been MUCH more present.

Starbuck's stance around gamma is really weird.

I've been thinking about gamma lately and I'm coming around to gamma town somewhat.

It's hard to say but aorn I'm not all that convinced in gamma scum anymore.

I think my new solve looks like notsci/starbuck/UT/___
1. I just caught up with the whole game in the last 3 days (finally) and you were very clearly AtE-ing. To sit here and say that you aren't or haven't isn't true. We've never played together before, but I quoted specific instances in my catch up where you were very clearly doing so. Continuing to deny it and continuing to be overdefensive, when you are clearly doing something, reads as scum to me.

2. Deflection to Gamma - "I wasn't doing this, but GAMMA WAS DOING THIS MORE THAN ME. You need to look at HIM!" Nuff said.

3. My stance around Gamma is weird, but you're coming around to him as town? So why is my town stance on him weird?
In post 533, SirCakez wrote:
In post 529, Starbuck wrote:So why are you calling Reck being scum when he isn't wrong?

Oh good, Baltar called you out in the moment in 368 and your 384 really does nothing for me. I don't think it's alignment indicative, but if you were in my shoes right now (falling further behind because more pages keep getting added), you'd get it.
I'm looking at this in the context of other games I've played recently which went BLAZING (like Betrayal) and this is really nothing in comparison
I can see that. I'm considering Mafia of Revelations and the hell that was putting up with Auro on Day 1.
In post 534, VP Baltar wrote:
In post 529, Starbuck wrote:I also think (at this point) that y'all are spending more time defending talking in the PT than actually discussing the game. Why not bring those conversations and original thoughts to the rest of the town? I think Gamma and Pooky are right in calling you out on this and both of y'all's defensiveness about it is disappointing.
This is a pretty BS point. Pooky is the person who repeatedly brings up the PT. I'm not being defensive by trying to answer his questions.

Further, I've raised many lines of questioning outside of that, so you're incorrect to say I'm not bringing original lines of thought. Pooky, and to a lesser degree notscience, are the ones repeatedly asking me to defend PT use, which is dumb. Why are you framing it as myself being the driver of that when I'm clearly not?
First off, I was asking a question to better understand your perspective. Your overdefensiveness is noted. In the case that you made against Gamma, you stated that he was attacking you about the PT rather than Pooky. You voted for Gamma in that post, too, and used that as your reasoning. I wish you had quoted my whole response.

In any case, for the majority of this game that I just caught up on, there's waaaaaay more talk about y'all defending your PT than other subjects. I think the line of questioning that has occurred is important and I'm concerned about this Day 1 blood pact that y'all made because I've never taken you for that guy. However, I've appreciated your responses more than I have Noraa's.

Also, I never said that you aren't bringing original lines of thought to the table (you're putting words in my mouth), but that the PT talk has been a big discussion point that is taking more of everyone's attention. If you and Noraa weren't so obstinate about it, that might not be the case.
In post 535, Noraa wrote:Its great that Starbuck is throwing shade at so many people yet not voting anyone.
You've obviously never played with me before, esp when I'm forced into catch up mode. I vote once I'm completely caught up. I try not to do it as I go because I don't want to accidentally quickhammer.
In post 535, Noraa wrote:The fact that she decides that basically pooky and vp don't exist and the whole choice is between gamma and I is interesting as well.
I didn't decide that they don't exist. Maybe you should read my posts again.
In post 535, Noraa wrote:She also seems to have a thing for pocketing gamma.
Nope, I just think he's town.
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #542 (isolation #7) » Fri Dec 11, 2020 7:34 am

Post by Starbuck »

VOTE: Noraa

And done.
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #564 (isolation #8) » Fri Dec 11, 2020 9:10 am

Post by Starbuck »

In post 547, VP Baltar wrote:You keep saying she's the victim here, but also I'm getting snowed and duped by her or whatever. You see how this argument is illogical, right?
Hence why I mentioned to notsci that she's not getting enough credit.

I'm not particularly liking the scapegoating of you.
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #642 (isolation #9) » Fri Dec 11, 2020 5:22 pm

Post by Starbuck »

In post 567, Noraa wrote:I can think about voting vp today in return for a cake yeet tomorrow.
Setting up elims is inherently scummy.
In post 581, VP Baltar wrote:People should start voting so we can move this challenge to a conclusion and real challenges can begin.
Why isn't this a real challenge?
In post 603, Gamma Emerald wrote:Starbuck: she initially captured my mind with her thought-out quote walls but my heart didn’t buy it and my heart was validated when she wrote off Pooky vs. VP in favor of fueling the non-existent Gamma vs. Noraa fire. She has not said a single word on that since initially calling them hard-to-read. Scum.
I need to do some more reading before I'll feel confident on my reads of Pooky and VP. I said as such in my catch ups, so why does that make me scum?
In post 622, Noraa wrote:
In post 618, notscience wrote:Starbuck said I was underestimating you. I have adjusted my reads accordingly.
Does Starbuck even know my meta?
What does your meta matter? He called you naive and said VP was exploiting you. The idea of someone "exploiting" you, or anyone else, is not a good feeling and I'm not about that type of shit. I'm glad that notsci was receptive to what I said (he could have gotten real defensive, but he didn't) and took the constructive criticism for what it was.
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #665 (isolation #10) » Fri Dec 11, 2020 7:16 pm

Post by Starbuck »

In post 643, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 642, Starbuck wrote:I need to do some more reading before I'll feel confident on my reads of Pooky and VP. I said as such in my catch ups, so why does that make me scum?
I haven't seen a single peep from you indicating you're actually doing it. And you've got a strict timetable to do so if you want to change my mind, specifically, once this challenge ends I'm set on it, because then the topic becomes sorta a non-issue.
Can I get a little longer than like 12 hrs? I'm balancing two jobs between all this and just did a major catch up.
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #867 (isolation #11) » Sat Dec 12, 2020 3:53 pm

Post by Starbuck »

Just got home from 12 hours on the food truck. Gonna catch up and hope to get back to the other things that I wanted to read. Y'all added 10 pages again, so I can't guarantee what I'm going to get through.
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #869 (isolation #12) » Sat Dec 12, 2020 4:03 pm

Post by Starbuck »

It's just that I'm exhausted, dude. I'm not sure why you're being so rude about this.
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #965 (isolation #13) » Mon Dec 14, 2020 12:26 am

Post by Starbuck »

Question! Does a soul read differ from a gut read? If so, what makes it different?
In post 667, Gamma Emerald wrote:Take that up with the people who want this challenge to be over with. I'm willing to let you have that time but
it's not negotiable
that I won't look favorably on you if you fail to deliver before this bubble bursts, whenever that is.
Ultimatums are lame. I don't deal with them IRL nor will I be threatened with them while playing a game for fun. I didn't plan to have 8 days of work with one day off and then back to it this morning for another 5 or 6, but I'm doing the best I can. I'm not sure why you feel like you can act this way and be a bully, but it's not endearing or warranted. I've thought you're town this entire time so far, but I'm starting to question my read and whether I sorted you correctly. You've been hella rude to me for no reason while being one of the few who just keep populating the thread with more and more pages every time I come back to it. Thus, making it harder to stay current. Then you have the gall to tell me something is "non negotiable"? How is that even a town mindset?

So I might go back and re-read for me, if I have the time, but given this awfulness (and the fact that as I've kept reading I feel like I sorted VPB, but am now down to just Pooky), I'll probably just keep my thoughts to myself or my PT.
In post 670, lilith2013 wrote:.. don't really get the scumreads on cakes. Is noraa calling him scum because he's not scummy enough? What is this logic?
I'm not feeling anything odd about him either. For me, it just seems like Noraa is lashing out at anyone who remotely suspects her.

Appreciating VPB's explanation in . I'm happy with my vote.

In post 682, Noraa wrote:I don't flail as scum until lylo unless there are large amounts of pressure on me.
In post 683, Noraa wrote:Saying stupid things isn't exactly AI for me.
Being defensive isn't AI for me.
Being scummy is however.
I never die day 1 as scum. Not once.
Half my town games however end on day 1 for me.
Self-meta, like regular meta, is trash. You've been flailing all through this day.
In post 702, Noraa wrote:Well I don't trust anyone so there won't be full transparency from me.
That's not really how it works.....
In post 703, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:um the point of full transparency is for the rest of us to trust you...
+1 million
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #966 (isolation #14) » Mon Dec 14, 2020 12:59 am

Post by Starbuck »

In post 725, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:um u still havent answered who u want to yeet noraa
She did, though. "Anyone who isn't her."
In post 732, Untrod Tripod wrote:
In post 728, notscience wrote:Am I wrong UT? I’m normally a much higher post count player but I’ve been able to reign it in to let the game breathe. Do you disagree with that analysis?
nope! it's just wild to me to see someone else saying it
I've been feeling it, too. The Activity Overview is gross.

Appreciating cliff notes from Pooky in and , re: Noraa. And she says she's not flailing.

In post 743, VP Baltar wrote:
In post 739, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 712, VP Baltar wrote:I agree on notsci being scum most likely. I don't agree so much on cakez
why?
Notsci seems to be cruising for path of least resistance yeet today. Remember when I said scum would use Pooky's insta-challenge as a way to take no responsibility for their actions today? Notsci is like the epitomy of that. He said he's willing to hammer anyone. I also feel like he's not trying to solve. I don't have a case at the moment because I tend to just keep impressions of each player in my head, and then later if I feel super strongly someone is scum, I'll re-iso them to see if their posting matches up with the impression I have or not. More often than not, I get bad feelings about someone for a good reason.
And that's leaving off how he felt you were "exploiting" Noraa's naivete. Basically, blaming you for "tricking" her or some such. I'm not quite sure if his quick turn around to my call out of that is genuine, but time will tell. He could have been a lot more defensive towards me with his response and he wasn't. So that's something.
In post 748, Untrod Tripod wrote:ah yes, the "ignore scummy behavior" tactic

that old chestnut
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
In post 770, SirCakez wrote:Noraa's push on me is so bad regardless of alignment here and everything she posts feels manufactured
Agreed. I've been trying to figure out her hyperfocus on you, but I got nada. And of course, right after this, she shades you and notsci for not voting her? I just don't get it.
In post 790, Noraa wrote:
In post 789, notscience wrote:dramatic toxic blowout
quite an overstatement and extremely shady of u to say that to discredit my reads.
He's not wrong, though. This whole day has been The Noraa Show.
In post 792, Noraa wrote:
In post 791, notscience wrote:Say what you want. Bottom line is your read is off and your tunneling whoever scumreads you is a bore. I’ve already volunteered to be in the challenge tomorrow should town decide they want me to go.
I haven't tunneled everyone that SRs me. Don't discredit lol.
And he's not wrong #2.
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #967 (isolation #15) » Mon Dec 14, 2020 1:45 am

Post by Starbuck »

In post 899, Gamma Emerald wrote:He says it's "weak, and therefore useless"
I disagree with that sentiment, but he essentially is unwilling to vote VP despite having scum feelings from him
Having a weak/null-ish read doesn't not equal "scum feelings," though. I think you're hardcore misrepping UT right now. Like this push would make sense re:Reck, but not UT.
In post 904, Gamma Emerald wrote:would it not do to shore that read up though? It's the same issue I brought up regarding baltar where the solving is not present imo
Why? If he has a weak read, he's going to work to sort VPB and the conclusion might be opposite of his initial feelings due to the evolution of his read. It's literally what anyone should do on Day 1. Everyone works through their sorting differently and it seems like you're just mad because he didn't do it your way.
In post 926, Noraa wrote:dunno what else you except from someone with a 3 month join date but if ur solution is just "PL all newbies", ur the silly one.
I don't appreciate this statement at all. He wasn't saying anything against newbies and you are clearly putting words in his mouth/misrepping him with this. Not to mention that leaning back on your join date, when you seem to have played a ton of games since being on site, is pretty gross and wholly unfair to VPB. I'm saying that as someone who has played with him since *I* was a newbie.
In post 929, SirCakez wrote:
In post 928, Noraa wrote:
In post 921, SirCakez wrote:you're so confibiased it's unreal
maybe instead of doing mental gymnastics to somehow confirm to yourself that I'm scum why not just look at the obvious and realize I'm not voting you because I'm not scum and I'm not scumreading you
Town!cake doesn't act this calm and composed. It just doesn't happen.

I am not a meta expert but when someone is far out of their town range, I can see it.
when I'm not being fuckwagoned to elim on day 1 then yeah I don't get pissy lol
I'm still sorry about Weakest Link btw, which (for anyone reading) is a prime example of a pissed off Townie Cakez getting miselimmed D1. Even if he wrongly tunneled on me.
In post 932, Noraa wrote:I don't think the newbie card does much for me considering I've never won a game solely because of it.
So why mention it, other than as an attempt to make him feel bad? I'm pretty annoyed with this tactic and don't think it comes from a town mindset at all.
In post 938, Noraa wrote:they don't need much evidence. After all they are entirely based on feeling/vibes.
Ummmmmmmmmmm................yeah. About that.
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #976 (isolation #16) » Mon Dec 14, 2020 4:41 am

Post by Starbuck »

In post 970, Noraa wrote:Anyone wanna tell me what the uh .... size difference is about?

You're serious with this? You really wanna go down this road? OKAY..............

That's a game where I replaced in and Cakez forced replaced me. I didn't have the time to catch up on 100 pages because work ramped up. It's not a fair example.

Also, why are you not telling the class that you
replaced in
for me there? Or does that not matter? It only matters because you want to prove a point (that you aren't going to prove) because you didn't do your work and can't go look at games that I played till completion (whether I started at the beginning of replaced in) where I needed to work through catching up.

My sleep's been fucked, so I decided to work through catching up on another 10-15 pages this morning, which is still better than some of the other folks who can't keep up with your spamfest hyper posting.
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #977 (isolation #17) » Mon Dec 14, 2020 4:46 am

Post by Starbuck »

EBWOP: (whether I started at the beginning OR replaced in)
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #980 (isolation #18) » Mon Dec 14, 2020 5:26 am

Post by Starbuck »

In post 968, SirCakez wrote:Starbuck what do you think about notsci individual from Noraa interactions?
I'm feeling a bit better about him than I did when he was all "VP manipulated that sweet little girl." He changed his tune pretty quick when I said "I don't think you're giving Noraa enough credit" and he seemed to take it to heart. I appreciate his push back on her because I saw original thought and was nodding most of the way through.

Now, outside of that, I do feel he's kind of floating a bit and I'd like to see his thoughts on others. His whole "I'll hammer whomever" feels more like frustrated town, and opposite from Noraa's "I'll vote anyone who isn't me." That could also just be Day 1 and trying to wade through the spamfest. I do think there are others who are contributing less than he has, but for right now, I'm pretty okay with him.
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #984 (isolation #19) » Mon Dec 14, 2020 5:39 am

Post by Starbuck »

In post 982, SirCakez wrote:
In post 980, Starbuck wrote:I do think there are others who are contributing less than he has, but for right now, I'm pretty okay with him.
who else are you looking at here?
Lilith, Reck, and basically everyone in the 2nd half of the activity overview aside from the mod.

It's not because I think they are scum. I'm null on a good chunk of that side of the overview because they are being overshadowed by people who just want to hear themselves talk.
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #985 (isolation #20) » Mon Dec 14, 2020 5:40 am

Post by Starbuck »

In post 973, Noraa wrote:I take it back. I just read Starbuck's ISO. It matches up a fair amount. I've been skipping those walls btw.
Not reading is scummy, fyi.
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #987 (isolation #21) » Mon Dec 14, 2020 5:50 am

Post by Starbuck »

In post 975, Noraa wrote:I repped in for her twice or something.
Once and it was that Large Normal, modded by Cakez, that just finished.
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1010 (isolation #22) » Mon Dec 14, 2020 7:42 am

Post by Starbuck »

In post 993, xRECKONERx wrote:what you need to understand is that meta is garbage and every game i play i treat like a brand new wonderful experience with no preconceived notions about anything or anybody.
This is my usual approach, too, and part of the reason why Reck and I became friends back in the day.

Although, if something sparks my mind about someone's behavior, I might it mention, but I'm not delving into completed games to go searching for quotes. I want to know why someone is town or scum in this game and not rehash an entire completed game all over again.
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1011 (isolation #23) » Mon Dec 14, 2020 7:44 am

Post by Starbuck »

In post 1003, AGar wrote:Shamless prod dodge. Will get caught up tonight (hopefully) or tomorrow AM. Apologies for my relative absence since Thursday night.

For now, have an explanation in the form of a picture:
Spoiler:
If you're not sharing, this picture means nothing to me.
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1044 (isolation #24) » Mon Dec 14, 2020 10:31 am

Post by Starbuck »

Me after Reck's 1041:

Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1127 (isolation #25) » Wed Dec 16, 2020 5:04 am

Post by Starbuck »

Busy last few days with work, but I'm here and hi. It's much better coming back to like 6 pages rather than 15.

I'm sorry to be wrong about Noraa. I hope a break serves her well and maybe she takes away some of the constructive feedback from folks here. I think it could be a real benefit to her in the future.
In post 1082, SirCakez wrote:I'd like to elim in this today I think Noraa's wagon was scum infested and taking advantage of her known predisposition to get emotional
Question, am I the only one who has never played with her before?
In post 1088, SirCakez wrote:i'm not challenging anyone rn this thread needs to breathe now that we're finally out of that bs
Agreed. I'd almost say this is a similar format to The Weakest Link where we should plan out the challenges.
In post 1101, AGar wrote:GE is still scum y'all.
My read shifted hard on him towards the end of yesterday. I wouldn't mind seeing he and Pooky up again.
In post 1103, xRECKONERx wrote:Her catchup posts felt a lot like cheering from the sidelines and the way she was all "rah rah Reck makes good points" just *feels* like scum trying to get into my blindspot but it has been quite a hot minute since I've played with her so it could be genuine which is why I haven't really acted on it
I worked 8 days straight, had one day off (Sunday), and am back at it as of Monday till, at least, Saturday. I've been catching up and reading where I can and not actually here in real time, so I can see why you'd feel this way.
In post 1105, notscience wrote:agar I literally was saying for days it was four town. Several people scum read me for it.
It is a pretty scummy take, though, and an easy way to shirk any responsibility for yesterday.
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1130 (isolation #26) » Wed Dec 16, 2020 5:40 am

Post by Starbuck »

In post 1128, notscience wrote:Show me where I’m shirking responsibility for it and not chastising Pooky.
For some reason, I had thought you refrained from placing a vote at all. I was mistaken as I just went back to look at the final vote count.
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1131 (isolation #27) » Wed Dec 16, 2020 6:10 am

Post by Starbuck »

In post 1129, VP Baltar wrote:
In post 1127, Starbuck wrote:My read shifted hard on him towards the end of yesterday. I wouldn't mind seeing he and Pooky up again.
I'd take a detailed explanation of this. Your read shifted hard, how and why? Before or after the noraa flip? Sounds like before.
Definitely before and starting around the time when I finished my catch up. At the beginning of catching up, when I came in the game and read through the atrocious back and forth between he and Noraa, I was townreading him. I could empathize with a lot of what he was saying, especially in the face of someone who was being out of this world unreasonable. It's all laid out in .

It was after I said this:
In post 522, Starbuck wrote:It's interesting because there's a Gamma/Noraa 1v1 and a Pooky/Baltar 1v1 happening. I feel like I've sorted the first, but I'm not sure about the 2nd.
That things seemed to get blown from a molehill into a mountain.

If you reference my , I responded to GE's blatant misrep of me in his . He said that I wrote you and Pooky off, but if he read, he would have seen that I was interacting with you and actively working on sorting you. Pooky is a whole other mess that I'm still trying to figure out, but Gamma completely ignored everything that I posted to do with you.

Then when I asked for time (because my insane work schedule being what it is), he told me that I had a "strict timetable" via and that:
In post 667, Gamma Emerald wrote:it's not negotiable that I won't look favorably on you if you fail to deliver before this bubble bursts
I'm not sure what I've done to be talked to like that, but I don't do anything for folks who are rude to me.

I don't think he realizes that I (like many others) work on sorting folks as I read and interact further, so his constant jump on me to provide him what I felt of you and Pooky (when I was working through, at least, one of you) is utter trash. I don't think he truly cared what I had to say and, like his pal Noraa, just ignored anything that I posted because it didn't suit his needs.
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1132 (isolation #28) » Wed Dec 16, 2020 6:21 am

Post by Starbuck »

However, out of the 4 of you, Noraa was still the top of me and that's why my vote stayed.
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1190 (isolation #29) » Fri Dec 18, 2020 11:57 am

Post by Starbuck »

In post 1145, notscience wrote:I lead elims on scum, not on town.
Regardless, one still had to be eliminated as per the game mechanic. So why did it feel like you sat in the back seat all day?
In post 1185, VP Baltar wrote:I'd like to hear from each of the four about who should be yeeted and the bullet point case supporting that.
I'm about to head back out the door, but I'll rock this over the weekend since I have my first one off since like September.
In post 1187, xRECKONERx wrote:i like that challenge
tbqh
Scum! :mrgreen:
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1255 (isolation #30) » Mon Dec 21, 2020 8:43 am

Post by Starbuck »

Quick catch up before I start deep diving ISOs.
In post 1204, lilith2013 wrote:agar is my first choice from the pool, I still think his noraa read was very unnatural
What was unnatural about it?
In post 1210, Untrod Tripod wrote:this is a Bad Take, an Easy Yeet for Scum to Push and also Very Lazy
Same could be said about those pushing AGar.
In post 1246, lilith2013 wrote:
In post 1222, VP Baltar wrote:
In post 1221, notscience wrote:You’re talking about UT questioning Agars easy push are you not?
That was not my interpretation of what he said, but if that is true, it is an incredibly lame point to make. Not do I think it is even true necessarily.
In post 1224, VP Baltar wrote:
In post 1223, notscience wrote:Cakez has been working on his case, we’ll get it about the time the vaccine is available to the general public
Lol

Anyhow, if you can't remember anything lillith has done, isn't that more scum indicative than anything? That's my entire problem with her.
I don’t like vp’s response to this conversation with notsci. not sure exactly what about it feels off but I almost feel like his intention was never to actually engage on whether agar pushing me was easy (which it is, because I think I have the lowest number of posts out of the remaining 3) but rather just to make UT look bad
That's quite a misrep of what happened.
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1339 (isolation #31) » Sat Dec 26, 2020 7:24 am

Post by Starbuck »

HOLIDAYS. Hi. I'm the worst and will get back with it tomorrow.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”