CantHateAPuppy
Mafia Scum
CantHateAPuppy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #334 (isolation #0) » Wed Jun 03, 2020 5:18 pm

Post by CantHateAPuppy »

Hi guys! :) This is a game of mafia!

It's really late here so I'll catch up in the morning. Doesn't look like I missed much!

Since my subout has a vote on I'm unvote for now.

UNVOTE:
CantHateAPuppy
CantHateAPuppy
Mafia Scum
CantHateAPuppy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #337 (isolation #1) » Thu Jun 04, 2020 3:36 am

Post by CantHateAPuppy »

Read everything, but I kinda mostly skimmed. didn't seem like much happened so I don't want to draw blood out of stone trying to make some reads here.
In post 54, Black Ranger wrote:1. Your story gives scum a means of coasting through the game all under the guise of "it's all in good fun"!

2. Calling it out prematurely denies information.

3. Calling ME out on not continuing the story means you surely don't care about using this story as a means of finding coasting scum.
In post 55, Black Ranger wrote:
In post 51, Nahdia wrote:More votes on osuka, please and thank you friends.

Also dang mod, that 4xBump Combo. Never in all my years have I seen such a daring maneuver.
Convincing case

VOTE: osuka
There once was a poster named black ranger. Someone was telling a story. He didn't like that. it was bananas. After explaining all the reasons why it was bananas, he voted someone else. That was bananas too.
In post 81, osuka wrote:
okay, now the game is getting somewhere

[snip]
this whole post felt town because osuka started asking questions and was trying to get somewhere.
In post 148, Drew-Sta wrote:
In post 77, Umlaut wrote:I was a bit skeptical of the story too (despite contributing to it), and thought it was more likely to distract from scumhunting than to get more people posting, so I can't fault anyone criticizing it. Anyway, I think it's perfect at five sentences now.

pedit
no, it's not enough indication.
Then why
did
you contribute to it?

You're effectively rewriting how something is to be read, and I don't believe that comes from a town place.

VOTE: Umlaut
liked this whole post from drew and especially this part, which i thought was a good point
In post 163, Umlaut wrote:Then either you deny that the latter is a legitimate parse of , or you admit it's a legitimate parse but you think you couldn't have chosen the wrong parse of an ambiguous sentence. Which is it?

Thinking Black Ranger is town. and are actually quite towny posts IMO: scum has nothing to gain from starting that particular fight and the reasoning he gives (both for not liking it and for not commenting sooner) resonates with me. I think it's fair to question but I don't necessarily take that vote at face value as being random.

Nahdia is kind of towny I guess but I don't see anything yet that would be hard for scum to emulate.

fwogcarf is not exactly giving me town pings but I need someone to explain the wagon because right now it looks to be based on some pretty weak surface-level points. Still want a response from Bob in particular re. .
originally quoted this because i agreed with it, but now i don't think BR looks especially towny. not sure if I agree with umlaut's point on fwogcarf or if this is the kind of read i'd give when i was scum trying to start a read i could develop later. (i think fwogcarf is town)
In post 297, Black Ranger wrote:
In post 295, ManateeDude wrote:
In post 294, Black Ranger wrote:
In post 292, ManateeDude wrote:Fenraiser is a slot I really like I think his analyses were really good even if im not sure of my stance on them.

Fwog has also been pretty towny imo and cakez's response to whatever he said is part of the reason im sheeping norwee here.
Fen's a much worse slot than Fwog imo. I'm not at town on fwog but I want to know what's going on in his head from posts -.

VOTE: Fenraiser
interesting.. anything in particular pinging you from fen
There's
maybe
one thing that puts him at town and the rest of his content is hilariously scummy. I don't like how he's performing preflip and saying it's a "tinfoil" read when people defending me aren't being coy at all about their position.

The way he was encouraging Luciano to townhunt as a form of scumhunting (so PoE) is hilariously bad because this style of play is seldom used because you have to be IN the game to get every townie marked on the board. If you misuse townhunting you write off scum as town and you've consumed poison. Use both if you want, but grosses me out.
townhunting is way better than scumhunting ime
CantHateAPuppy
CantHateAPuppy
Mafia Scum
CantHateAPuppy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #338 (isolation #2) » Thu Jun 04, 2020 3:36 am

Post by CantHateAPuppy »

In post 335, NorwegianboyEE wrote:Who wants to lynch some cute innocent puppies!!?
Sorry but it's right there in the title, you just Can't Lynch a Puppy!
CantHateAPuppy
CantHateAPuppy
Mafia Scum
CantHateAPuppy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #340 (isolation #3) » Thu Jun 04, 2020 3:38 am

Post by CantHateAPuppy »

lol i'm putting my vote back where my slot had it in the first place

VOTE: Black Ranger
CantHateAPuppy
CantHateAPuppy
Mafia Scum
CantHateAPuppy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #347 (isolation #4) » Thu Jun 04, 2020 11:27 am

Post by CantHateAPuppy »

In post 345, Umlaut wrote:
In post 337, CantHateAPuppy wrote:There once was a poster named black ranger. Someone was telling a story. He didn't like that. it was bananas. After explaining all the reasons why it was bananas, he voted someone else. That was bananas too.
Doesn't seem that bananas to me, unless you think "I don't like this" is synonymous with "this is scummy"?
BR gave three reasons why happy fun time story hour was scummy and then immetidately placed his vote somewhere else. (No fun allowed!) was rvs then, so whatever. but BR never came back to it.

there also some other arguments with my slot about townhunting being not just bad but "malicious". ok, my slot is scummy, malicious, does scummy things... does he ever come out and say he has a scumread? dude, kiss already!
In post 337, CantHateAPuppy wrote:liked this whole post [] from drew and especially this part, which i thought was a good point
I thought it was a terrible point, though I acknowledge my perspective on it is a bit biased. What's good about it?[/quote]

i guess i liked the question more than the point itself. it's a good question, u can say u didn't like the story idea but u did contribute to it, u have to explain that before u can credibly call out anyone else on the story. not sure you're "rewriting" so much as just skipping over a step though

that drew noticed that and pointed it out makes him look more town not you scum
CantHateAPuppy
CantHateAPuppy
Mafia Scum
CantHateAPuppy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #383 (isolation #5) » Fri Jun 05, 2020 8:02 am

Post by CantHateAPuppy »

In post 382, Black Ranger wrote:This is a sort of prodge post so if I get a prod in the next hour I won't exactly be upset by it

Anyone want to act in good faith and ask me something within the next hour so I don't have to read the last few pages and try to give a shit in order to produce content? It would be appreciated. You can just quote drew if you care about what he has to say but I'm writing off this slot as not making it to endgame.
Really? LL claims a n0 guilty on you and that's all you're going to say?
CantHateAPuppy
CantHateAPuppy
Mafia Scum
CantHateAPuppy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #395 (isolation #6) » Fri Jun 05, 2020 12:40 pm

Post by CantHateAPuppy »

Three days to go and the wagon development feels really slow. Gotta zoom!

VOTE: SirCakez

Just because I have this slot as null and he seems like the biggest comparison to fwog, who I have as null/town
CantHateAPuppy
CantHateAPuppy
Mafia Scum
CantHateAPuppy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #399 (isolation #7) » Fri Jun 05, 2020 1:45 pm

Post by CantHateAPuppy »

In post 398, fwogcarf wrote:
In post 395, CantHateAPuppy wrote:Three days to go and the wagon development feels really slow. Gotta zoom!

VOTE: SirCakez

Just because I have this slot as null and he seems like the biggest comparison to fwog, who I have as null/town
you've got no scumreads then?
Hi fwogcarf! Wrong. Want to help me lynch BR instead?
CantHateAPuppy
CantHateAPuppy
Mafia Scum
CantHateAPuppy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #401 (isolation #8) » Fri Jun 05, 2020 3:06 pm

Post by CantHateAPuppy »

y
CantHateAPuppy
CantHateAPuppy
Mafia Scum
CantHateAPuppy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #403 (isolation #9) » Fri Jun 05, 2020 3:55 pm

Post by CantHateAPuppy »

i don't want to argue, i just want to know what u're thinking

having the conf town declare what the right wagons are will not be useful to me tomorrow

having the conf town walk me through a 100% town thought process will
CantHateAPuppy
CantHateAPuppy
Mafia Scum
CantHateAPuppy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #436 (isolation #10) » Sat Jun 06, 2020 5:06 am

Post by CantHateAPuppy »

In post 404, Titus wrote:
In post 403, CantHateAPuppy wrote:i don't want to argue, i just want to know what u're thinking

having the conf town declare what the right wagons are will not be useful to me tomorrow

having the conf town walk me through a 100% town thought process will
I feel those three wagons are most likely to hit scum. Most of the suspicions are T v T. BR, osaka, nahdia, and fro all feel town.

Bob v Cakez feels fake. Drew feels like an instigator. I doubt all of these are scum. The way people vote will set up associatives.
again, not trying to be difficult, but can you elaborate on this? kind of agree w/ your other post that scum are probably taking it easy, but this doesn't give me much of your thoughts i can come back to tomorrow

also im already on cakez so i'm not saying this just to be stubborn or anything
CantHateAPuppy
CantHateAPuppy
Mafia Scum
CantHateAPuppy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #438 (isolation #11) » Sat Jun 06, 2020 5:09 am

Post by CantHateAPuppy »

i thought i'd have more to respond to but very little catches my eye

the only thing is a growing FOS on osuka

there's something about that iso i don't like that i can't put my finger on. and in the last two pages i think he's been more aggressive than others on this debate about lurking. ime when scum genuinely believe something (like it's bad to question irl excuses), scum tend to be more aggressive about it because they don't have to act as hard to look town. (like how scum are often most aggressive in lynching third parties so they can look town)
CantHateAPuppy
CantHateAPuppy
Mafia Scum
CantHateAPuppy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #440 (isolation #12) » Sat Jun 06, 2020 6:39 am

Post by CantHateAPuppy »

scum have to fake act because they aren't town

so often instead of faking completely scum will exaggerate a real feeling and try to make it look town. so, in many games i've played, scum will aggressively lynch claimed independents, because this is a way for them to "help town" that doesn't require them to be town. its like how an actor cries when the script tells him to, but the tears come from some personal feeling he's drawing on to fit the script.

i think "berating someone over probing irl excuses" is the kind of thing scum could genuinely believe but exaggerate to look more town. osuka looks most like this imo, though it's just my early weak d1 read
CantHateAPuppy
CantHateAPuppy
Mafia Scum
CantHateAPuppy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #497 (isolation #13) » Sun Jun 07, 2020 3:27 am

Post by CantHateAPuppy »

In post 473, Drew-Sta wrote:
In post 340, CantHateAPuppy wrote:lol i'm putting my vote back where my slot had it in the first place

VOTE: Black Ranger
Why? This makes me nervous given the:

a. lack of analysis suggesting your read
b. (and, again, no information whatsoever in your vote for why you read them scum)
how about the post right before that one where i talk about BR?
CantHateAPuppy
CantHateAPuppy
Mafia Scum
CantHateAPuppy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #498 (isolation #14) » Sun Jun 07, 2020 3:28 am

Post by CantHateAPuppy »

In post 479, Umlaut wrote:Titus, can you please be a little more open with your reads? You're kind of an obvious night kill target, so while I'd like to keep you I'm not sure how long that will be possible. I appreciate your not wanting to tip your hand but it would be nice to see it while you're still alive.
seconding this (again)
CantHateAPuppy
CantHateAPuppy
Mafia Scum
CantHateAPuppy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #499 (isolation #15) » Sun Jun 07, 2020 3:31 am

Post by CantHateAPuppy »

also, drew, what's this Norwee slip that I'm apparently dastardly helping conceal?
CantHateAPuppy
CantHateAPuppy
Mafia Scum
CantHateAPuppy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #503 (isolation #16) » Sun Jun 07, 2020 3:43 am

Post by CantHateAPuppy »

uh...?

bark bark! :)
CantHateAPuppy
CantHateAPuppy
Mafia Scum
CantHateAPuppy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #582 (isolation #17) » Mon Jun 08, 2020 4:07 am

Post by CantHateAPuppy »

In post 552, Drew-Sta wrote:
In post 499, CantHateAPuppy wrote:also, drew, what's this Norwee slip that I'm apparently dastardly helping conceal?
Your avatar and name make it almost impossible for me to properly read you without getting town vibes... I've never felt so unintentionally manipulated by someone in my life.
u're not the first person to tell me this, but honestly i made this alt to remind myself to smile more and be a nicer player. :] i used to be a little mean and sarcastic and want to try to have more fun!
I believe Nor slipped in . I believe your is an attempt to switch peoples attention away from it. Nipping it in the bud, to use an expression. This is what I mean by timing and input, as mentioned to Titus. The problem is distinguishing actual intentional shifts from coincidental ones. Given Nor is on Cakez too, I'm seeing it as associative.
right, so this creates two questions:

1) what is the scumslip? u posted before that it pinged your scumdar and voted on it, but you don't say why it's a slip

2) in the thirty posts between 369 and 395, why do you think my post is the one trying to distract from 369? why not any of the other posts? what about 395 rubs you the wrong way specifically
CantHateAPuppy
CantHateAPuppy
Mafia Scum
CantHateAPuppy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #587 (isolation #18) » Mon Jun 08, 2020 4:12 am

Post by CantHateAPuppy »

In post 556, Drew-Sta wrote:@Black Ranger - I would like to hear your thoughts on the Nor slot.

@Puppy - what is your thoughts on Nadhia slot.
i don't have one. feel like this game isn't giving me any strong reads or passions, but since you asked i'll do an iso here later
In post 573, bob3141 wrote:The this town is guaranteed to lose. If you let low poster of the hook. To many times ive seen players ignor them and let the high town posts eat them selves.

We have no strong pushes thus any one currently being push is likely to be town. Thus you want to look at the low posters who are staying out of the thick of things for todays lynch
i think this is a right post and this complaint only comes from town
In post 583, osuka wrote:
In post 568, bob3141 wrote:osuka if your dont want to make a mistake drop the bob lynch. Gueuze talk about death tunneling. You have literally nothing backing up your case.

All that would happen if you got me lynched is that you would look real bad the next day and be low hanging fruit for scum to mislynch.

Im sort of player that if you think im scum it is still always better off lynchign me at lylo-1 than the early lynches. If i flip town then my reads are solid 90%. And worst case you migth have already caught one or two of those who are scum.
nice ate

unfortunately for you, i have no emotions. this post only makes me more confident in lynching you
don't care what titus says this reads scum to me
CantHateAPuppy
CantHateAPuppy
Mafia Scum
CantHateAPuppy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #840 (isolation #19) » Fri Jun 12, 2020 2:44 am

Post by CantHateAPuppy »

Sorry I completely missed EOD, I got busy and didn't get to check in until thread was locked. Admit I probably would not have lynched Drew, so it's a good thing I wasn't in charge :lol:

Need a little time to catch up, they've got me working at the office right now. Any Q's just ask
CantHateAPuppy
CantHateAPuppy
Mafia Scum
CantHateAPuppy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #907 (isolation #20) » Sun Jun 14, 2020 6:05 am

Post by CantHateAPuppy »

im all caught up :)

Gotta admit the reads aren't coming to me. Agree manatee is probably spewed clear and osuka probably isn't scum for pushing that Drew lynch. also agree with titus about umlaut being obvtown here

Kind of in an odd position, don't blame anyone for suspectin me for missing the lynch, that's probably the "correct" take. my only excuse is I thought I had a few more hours to catch up and i was busy all week. but it makes it harder for me to get a sense of the other players.

will probably try to read / interact a little more but i still want to lynch black ranger
CantHateAPuppy
CantHateAPuppy
Mafia Scum
CantHateAPuppy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #915 (isolation #21) » Sun Jun 14, 2020 7:21 am

Post by CantHateAPuppy »

In post 914, Black Ranger wrote:Umlaut: how pure is this wagon?

ManateeDude (6) -
bob3141
, Umlaut,
Titus
, Nahdia, SirCakez,
osuka
[L-2]
hm this is actually a good question. if i had to gick one scum on this wagon i'd guess nahdia, only becuase i had mild townreads on umlaut and cakez
CantHateAPuppy
CantHateAPuppy
Mafia Scum
CantHateAPuppy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #918 (isolation #22) » Sun Jun 14, 2020 7:28 am

Post by CantHateAPuppy »

i changed my mind between yesterday and today /shrug
CantHateAPuppy
CantHateAPuppy
Mafia Scum
CantHateAPuppy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #923 (isolation #23) » Sun Jun 14, 2020 7:35 am

Post by CantHateAPuppy »

In post 920, Black Ranger wrote:What posts convinced you of this?
In post 921, Black Ranger wrote:Above is to Puppy, somehow didn't get prompted for pre post.
not any specific posts, it's more about the wagon movements. i had cakez as null yesterday and voted for that reason.

actually, looking back at some more posts, maybe cakez was pretty distanced from drew, maybe i was too quick to dismiss here.

i was going to say that i think scum has to be on the drew wagon and nahdia's hammer would have been a good place for scum to draw on. maybe cakes is still null

still have umlaut as town though
CantHateAPuppy
CantHateAPuppy
Mafia Scum
CantHateAPuppy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #925 (isolation #24) » Sun Jun 14, 2020 7:39 am

Post by CantHateAPuppy »

not more fakeable or less fakeable than average?

it's not the best most town iso in the universe, but im in the same boat if im being honest so i can see how it could come from a town place
CantHateAPuppy
CantHateAPuppy
Mafia Scum
CantHateAPuppy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #928 (isolation #25) » Sun Jun 14, 2020 8:31 am

Post by CantHateAPuppy »

In post 926, Black Ranger wrote:What are you going to do to develop a read on him?
think really hard about it until something jumps out at me or i decide to move on
CantHateAPuppy
CantHateAPuppy
Mafia Scum
CantHateAPuppy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #929 (isolation #26) » Sun Jun 14, 2020 8:36 am

Post by CantHateAPuppy »

In post 927, Umlaut wrote:Now here, I really find it unlikely that scum would have bused (unless it was Manatee, but I think that's unlikely too for the reasons I already said).
i think after titus joined the wagon and gave it the official stamp of "let's do this," then it becomes reasonable to suspect a bus. so imo Norwegian, Fen, and Nahdia are all still worth thinking about
CantHateAPuppy
CantHateAPuppy
Mafia Scum
CantHateAPuppy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #930 (isolation #27) » Sun Jun 14, 2020 8:37 am

Post by CantHateAPuppy »

also, if there's a SK that could be anyone on or off the wagon, although SK hunting is v different and that's a whole bunch of wifom i don't really want to open

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”