SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #550 (ISO) » Sun Jun 07, 2020 3:55 pm

Post by SirCakez »

In post 546, Titus wrote:
In post 545, ManateeDude wrote:Titus whats the difference between me and wake that you're willing to lynch me and not them
Wake's seems IRL motivated.
He claimed he's playing a minimalist play style though.
Brian Skies - "
I just wanna say Cakez is an evil mod and this is an evil setup.
"

--------------------
Get to know a Cakez!
gobbledygook
gobbledygook
Jack of All Trades
gobbledygook
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #551 (ISO) » Sun Jun 07, 2020 4:18 pm

Post by gobbledygook »

VC 1.12
Fenraiser
osuka
NorwegianBoyEE (2) - Umlaut, Drew-STA
ManateeDude
Black Ranger
bob3141 (2) - osuka, fenraiser
Wake88
fwogcarf (3) - Nahdia, bob3141, SirCakez
Umlaut
Titus
Drew-Sta (1) - Black Ranger
CantLynchAPuppy
SirCakez (3) - NorwegianBoyEE, ManateeDude, CantLynchAPuppy
Nahdia (1) - Fwogcarf

Not Voting
(2) - Wake88, Titus

With 14 alive, it takes 8 to remove someone from the town.

Deadline
: (expired on 2020-06-09 12:00:00)
[/color]

Last edited by gobbledygook on Sat Jul 04, 2020 5:34 am, edited 3 times in total.
Station 13, is now taking pre-ins! Coming June 2020
Drew-Sta
Drew-Sta
Mafia Scum
Drew-Sta
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #552 (ISO) » Sun Jun 07, 2020 5:49 pm

Post by Drew-Sta »

In post 499, CantHateAPuppy wrote:also, drew, what's this Norwee slip that I'm apparently dastardly helping conceal?
Your avatar and name make it almost impossible for me to properly read you without getting town vibes... I've never felt so unintentionally manipulated by someone in my life.

I believe Nor slipped in . I believe your is an attempt to switch peoples attention away from it. Nipping it in the bud, to use an expression. This is what I mean by timing and input, as mentioned to Titus. The problem is distinguishing actual intentional shifts from coincidental ones. Given Nor is on Cakez too, I'm seeing it as associative.
In post 514, NorwegianboyEE wrote:More votes on Sircakez please.
Why.

Spoiler:
In post 526, osuka wrote:
In post 473, Drew-Sta wrote:
In post 355, osuka wrote:
In post 287, Drew-Sta wrote:
In post 262, bob3141 wrote:@drew na what i meant was that it was intended to try and sort lucky.
Ok. Thank you for clearing that up.
In post 281, Fenraiser wrote:
@Drew
Then why did you contribute to it?

You're effectively rewriting how something is to be read, and I don't believe that comes from a town place.
Could you walk me through this because I'm confused tbh. I don't get it.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Regarding Lucky:

Lucky's attitude in post 199 resonates with me. Townhunting is also a valid way to scumhunt lol. But the explanation is so......long and could have been more concise imo. Emotion seems genuine here especially regarding Titus and he seems earnest because he's overdefending himself but he may be
too earnest
so I don't want to townread him so easily. Haven't seen the townhunting yet so not a good
luck
look overall.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
@Drew

Spoiler:
In post 221, NorwegianboyEE wrote:I've basically skimmed most of the game and it was hard for me to pick up anything. Guess it's all the new dudes i haven't played with, a lot of their words just sound like noise.

I noticed some people scumreading Black Ranger, why?
As for wagon on
Fenraiser
fwog. Most questionable thing i can find is his post . What do you mean? Who is the scum doing a "theater"?
Fixed that for you.
Re your request for a walk through.

Person A proposes we do something.
Person B engages with it.
Person C identifies what was being done was stupid and not meritorious for town.
Person B agrees with Person C, and suggests what Person A was doing was problematic.
Person D asks why they engaged with it, if that's how they felt.
Person B redefines how something should be interpreted, rather than allowing how it played out in the game to be the way it should be interprted.

That is rewriting how something should be interpreted. Which, IMHO, is not townbased behaviour.

Also,t he @Drew spoiler thing - what did you mean by that?

Re Lucky, I'm not debating whether town hunting is as valid as scum hunting. I'm arguing their desire to explain themselves seemed very anxious, which made me consider it unusual.
this is a bit weird and rubs me off the wrong way.

keeping in mind the fact that his point is that person B "redefined how something should be interpreted" (whatever that means), here's how the walkthrough went:

1. show some facts
2. show some interpretation of the facts
3. show the point he's trying to prove in the same format as he's been showing facts (!)
4. reiterate his point while pretending the above proves it (!!)
1,2,3,4 all distort what I'm doing. Nice work.

Do you not know what 'redefining how something should be interpreted as'?

It means you change how something is understood, for your own benefit. Which is what they did. Do you get that?

Now, let me ask you. Do you think that's from a town place?
Nothing there was distorted - but if I happen to be mistaken, then surely you must know how exactly my post distorted what you did. Care to elaborate?

i think it's funny that you pick on the words I used (since they're the words you used). "redefining how something is understood" is just a mouthful when you can just say misrep - so i'm gonna go with that from now on.

to be clear, i understand perfectly what that means and in you trying to "prove" your point, you made an obviously fabricated argument with a premise that proves the conclusion. In fact, it's even funnier that you then did exactly the same thing in 473: you twisted slightly what i said so that it seems like I don't think that behavior is scummy, when in fact I'm only pointing out that the way you went about making your point about that behavior is very, very weird.

are you a spin doctor?

you should be a spin doctor.

@osuka - responding with spoiler to prevent eye cancer (I admit my walls are too big at times).

I believed your attempt with what you said in the '1,2,3,4' bit was to undermine the validity of what I said by suggesting there was no facts (1,2) with 3,4 pressing that point. This is how I interpreted what you wrote. Feel free to clear up what you mean if I have misunderstood what you've said.

I also did not make a fabricated argument with a premise. I made an argument based off what I observed and the intention that could be behind it. That's not misrepresenting or fabricating. It's called trying to understand the drive of someones posts.

I also did not twist slightly what you said. I called it out. I may be missing the point of what you meant with your 1,2,3,4 bit, but certainly from the angle I'm sitting at, you were attempting to undermine what I had to say by calling into question its factual basis. If I have this wrong, please elucidate what you meant by it so I can take stock of it.

How I went about making my point is my own style. If you're hung up on it I apologise but cannot do more than that.

I'm not a spin doctor, but I have done spin class before. I saw a doctor after about it.
In post 550, SirCakez wrote:
In post 546, Titus wrote:
In post 545, ManateeDude wrote:Titus whats the difference between me and wake that you're willing to lynch me and not them
Wake's seems IRL motivated.
He claimed he's playing a minimalist play style though.
That might be so but it creates ambiguity in the pool from whom we're trying to learn from. This ambiguity is not helpful to town and hinders our progress, since it provides space to hide for scum IMHO.

BTW, I'm not arguing with you - simply presenting my challenges with his slot.
Drew-Sta
Drew-Sta
Mafia Scum
Drew-Sta
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #553 (ISO) » Sun Jun 07, 2020 5:50 pm

Post by Drew-Sta »

NoPowerOverMe
NoPowerOverMe
Mafia Scum
NoPowerOverMe
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #554 (ISO) » Sun Jun 07, 2020 5:50 pm

Post by NoPowerOverMe »

I townpocketed Firebringer to a town win in the last game. I'm gonna do the same with Sakura this game.
NoPowerOverMe
NoPowerOverMe
Mafia Scum
NoPowerOverMe
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #555 (ISO) » Sun Jun 07, 2020 5:51 pm

Post by NoPowerOverMe »

Oops wrong thread.
Drew-Sta
Drew-Sta
Mafia Scum
Drew-Sta
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #556 (ISO) » Sun Jun 07, 2020 5:53 pm

Post by Drew-Sta »

@Black Ranger - I would like to hear your thoughts on the Nor slot.

@Puppy - what is your thoughts on Nadhia slot.
Drew-Sta
Drew-Sta
Mafia Scum
Drew-Sta
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #557 (ISO) » Sun Jun 07, 2020 6:04 pm

Post by Drew-Sta »

@cakez - I would like to hear your thoughts on Fen slot too, please.
Umlaut
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #558 (ISO) » Sun Jun 07, 2020 6:46 pm

Post by Umlaut »

VOTE: Bob

I don't really feel any better about Norwegian but it's time to consolidate. Not interested in SirCakez, and Drew's last few posts have made me feel better about that slot as well, so this is probably my best shot at contributing to a scum lynch today.
“There are two kinds of people in this world: those who say, ‘There are two kinds of people in this world: those who say there are two kinds of people in this world,
and the other kind,
’ and those who
don’t
say. Well, then there’s me.” — J.R. “Bob” Dobbs
bob3141
bob3141
Jack of All Trades
bob3141
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #559 (ISO) » Sun Jun 07, 2020 11:47 pm

Post by bob3141 »

If you think im scum this game your kidding yourself.

Expain why you even think im scum. As all i can see is that on 3rd june

I'm not particularly sure he's scum, I don't have any significant scumreads atm.

And realy thats it.
bob3141
bob3141
Jack of All Trades
bob3141
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #560 (ISO) » Sun Jun 07, 2020 11:50 pm

Post by bob3141 »

In post 541, ManateeDude wrote:
In post 539, bob3141 wrote:And manatee what makes you think your posts are better than cakes?

Do you still feel liek cake is exaggerating what nord said considering he has clarified his stance on nord. With his stance being a slight scum read and not strong one.
whats the correlation there? I dont like the specifics of what hes posting im not saying its inherently bad-

still think his statement was an exaggeration regardless just bc norwee stated they wanted to lynch cakez doesnt imply what he did regardless of who agreed with cakez.

What is your opinion on your own posts?

Your saying cake has been makign bad posts how are you any better. Nearly all your posts have been fluff with no real attempt to scum hunt. And reads you give seem to ahve no depth with you changign them when convenient

VOTE: mantte
bob3141
bob3141
Jack of All Trades
bob3141
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #561 (ISO) » Mon Jun 08, 2020 12:07 am

Post by bob3141 »

In post 496, Titus wrote:
In post 479, Umlaut wrote:Titus, can you please be a little more open with your reads? You're kind of an obvious night kill target, so while I'd like to keep you I'm not sure how long that will be possible. I appreciate your not wanting to tip your hand but it would be nice to see it while you're still alive.
I am the obvious doctor heal too but I'll make a wall later today.

I would be intreesting to see if the game has a doctor. First game i played where there was a inno child it he was buttleprof. By the game end it was revealed that the pr had tried crumbing to it. Allthough it was funny how teh inno child was oblivious to it and was pushign them as scum all game. Masns and det still surived to day 3 without beign outed thpugh. Not like some masons how the cop out and just their role as an excuse to lurk. So i think you should be safe as i only seen a inno child with out town having protective once and that was day 3 activated

Scum woudl be foolish to try and target titus as no way we havent got a doc.
Black Ranger
Black Ranger
Goon
Black Ranger
Goon
Goon

Post Post #562 (ISO) » Mon Jun 08, 2020 2:29 am

Post by Black Ranger »

In post 458, SirCakez wrote:
In post 452, Black Ranger wrote:
In post 327, SirCakez wrote:
In post 318, fwogcarf wrote:The very first response Nahdia...

That's something I never see town say. Just dismissing the fact that you've been discovered skimming through the entire conversation with a comment like that will turn heads, especially mine. The naked vote was a reaction test, and I believe it paid off. I'm keeping my vote where it is.
I don't buy this at all
Is this a sole reason to scumread someone? EBWOP
No I SR fwog for other stuff.
Your ISO isn't explaining it.

Move on or save us from the big bad fwog slot from endgaming us, please.
Black Ranger
Black Ranger
Goon
Black Ranger
Goon
Goon

Post Post #563 (ISO) » Mon Jun 08, 2020 2:31 am

Post by Black Ranger »

I think we should leave setup spec to Titus.

Titus: how do you feel about Cakez through meta? Have they leveled up their scumgame lately? I recall that they lurk to avoid making the inevitable slip which they then immediately give up on the game over. I feel some presence from Cakez here.
Black Ranger
Black Ranger
Goon
Black Ranger
Goon
Goon

Post Post #564 (ISO) » Mon Jun 08, 2020 3:26 am

Post by Black Ranger »

In post 556, Drew-Sta wrote:@Black Ranger - I would like to hear your thoughts on the Nor slot.
I'm not catching the slip in . Yeah scum get to keep playing and can be indifferent to what phase they're in, but even town dislike nightless despite it being easier to play... As it turns out, having a day off from mafia is a sweet deal. The only thing I'd criticize him for is the weak language ("suggest") which makes his confidence seem to plummet - kind of like scum fabricating a post and going full robot mode.

I don't see what Puppy is distracting from. The only other major wagon that has movement (I'm defining fwog as having no movement) is bob.

Norwegian is probably one of the townier slots in the game rn. The Cakez tunnel isn't incredibly unfakeable but Cakez was a good push just to see if they'd fall apart.
In post 372, Umlaut wrote:
In post 369, NorwegianboyEE wrote:I’m not really seeing that many convincing arguments yet and that’s probably why i can’t pay much attention to all that’s going on. I’m keeping my vote on Cakez and suggest we lynch there. But all in all i’d jusy like to end day 1 so discussion maybe will have more meaning to me.
You can be unconvinced and wanting to see better arguments, or you can be looking to end the day, but you can't be both. That's not a town mindset at all.
In post 373, NorwegianboyEE wrote:That doesn't make sense. Are you just making out the ever present "town mindset" to be whatever you want it to be?
This interaction is also good.
Black Ranger
Black Ranger
Goon
Black Ranger
Goon
Goon

Post Post #565 (ISO) » Mon Jun 08, 2020 3:38 am

Post by Black Ranger »

Just in case I fuck up and blank vote to consolidate later today:

because nahdia's bracket reads are popular this game apparently. i'm of no relation.

{Fwog, Osuka, Norwegian}
{Manatee, Puppy, Cakez}
{Fenraiser, Nahdia, bob}
{Umlaut, Drew}
{Wake}

town townlean scumlean scum waketier

Will compromise anyone outside of the townie 6.

Dislike Drew, Umlaut and bob overusing the word ping. I started noticing it when I first "pinged" Drew that apparently everything pings drew. Then suddenly everything pings bob. Umlaut has been enjoying calling things reachy in one liners. It's just lazy and I don't see Drew's initial case on Umlaut (above post) as being real. Add to the fact that I felt like Umlaut was trying to launch us out of RVS by page two I'd like to mercy kill these two slots. I could probably come up with something more compelling but this is where I'm at without making a wall.
osuka
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: he/him/his

Post Post #566 (ISO) » Mon Jun 08, 2020 3:43 am

Post by osuka »

In post 565, Black Ranger wrote:Just in case I fuck up and blank vote to consolidate later today:

because nahdia's bracket reads are popular this game apparently. i'm of no relation.

{Fwog, Osuka, Norwegian}
{Manatee, Puppy, Cakez}
{Fenraiser, Nahdia, bob}
{Umlaut, Drew}
{Wake}

town townlean scumlean scum waketier

Will compromise anyone outside of the townie 6.

Dislike Drew, Umlaut and bob overusing the word ping. I started noticing it when I first "pinged" Drew that apparently everything pings drew. Then suddenly everything pings bob. Umlaut has been enjoying calling things reachy in one liners. It's just lazy and I don't see Drew's initial case on Umlaut (above post) as being real. Add to the fact that I felt like Umlaut was trying to launch us out of RVS by page two I'd like to mercy kill these two slots. I could probably come up with something more compelling but this is where I'm at without making a wall.
meet me halfway with a bob lynch?

"I would also like to reiterate my claim that Osuka is sort of obviously town" - rc about scumsuka
"don't tell anyone, but there's a reason why you're one of my favourite people to mod for" - datisi
Black Ranger
Black Ranger
Goon
Black Ranger
Goon
Goon

Post Post #567 (ISO) » Mon Jun 08, 2020 3:51 am

Post by Black Ranger »

If only because we need improved votes, sure.

VOTE: bob

Bob needs to get off Manatee. Whoever is still on fwog should be put on notice.
bob3141
bob3141
Jack of All Trades
bob3141
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #568 (ISO) » Mon Jun 08, 2020 3:51 am

Post by bob3141 »

osuka if your dont want to make a mistake drop the bob lynch. Gueuze talk about death tunneling. You have literally nothing backing up your case.

All that would happen if you got me lynched is that you would look real bad the next day and be low hanging fruit for scum to mislynch.

Im sort of player that if you think im scum it is still always better off lynchign me at lylo-1 than the early lynches. If i flip town then my reads are solid 90%. And worst case you migth have already caught one or two of those who are scum.
bob3141
bob3141
Jack of All Trades
bob3141
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #569 (ISO) » Mon Jun 08, 2020 3:52 am

Post by bob3141 »

In post 567, Black Ranger wrote:If only because we need improved votes, sure.

Explain why you dont want mantee pressured. Have you looked at his posts
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #570 (ISO) » Mon Jun 08, 2020 3:52 am

Post by Titus »

In post 563, Black Ranger wrote:Titus: how do you feel about Cakez through meta? Have they leveled up their scumgame lately? I recall that they lurk to avoid making the inevitable slip which they then immediately give up on the game over. I feel some presence from Cakez here.
I think meta is very very weak. If it means something to you, you can base it in your reads. This is an ok use of meta but in general I am not a fan. If it works for you, more power to you.

Thank you for compromising on Bob.
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

VLA Friday nights until Sunday morning.

All hail the Scum Empress!
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #571 (ISO) » Mon Jun 08, 2020 3:53 am

Post by Titus »

In post 569, bob3141 wrote:

Why me = fry me

Plus we are far too late for pressure only
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

VLA Friday nights until Sunday morning.

All hail the Scum Empress!
Black Ranger
Black Ranger
Goon
Black Ranger
Goon
Goon

Post Post #572 (ISO) » Mon Jun 08, 2020 3:56 am

Post by Black Ranger »

In post 569, bob3141 wrote:

townread fwog, asked me to elaborate my scumread on a tr of his (fen), has tried to keep me posting twice over so far
In post 437, ManateeDude wrote:oh my vote remains on cakez because I think most of his ISO has been nonsense and his reaction to votes on him has not been good esp the thing I pointed out earlier with twisting words
his sr on cakez is fine i just feel like cakez doesn't look for what would be a fight with me as scum. i can see cakez' push in a town light too.

I
really
dislike your "how are your posts not as bad as cakez" push onto Manatee. That's some gaslighting shit.
bob3141
bob3141
Jack of All Trades
bob3141
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #573 (ISO) » Mon Jun 08, 2020 3:57 am

Post by bob3141 »

The this town is guaranteed to lose. If you let low poster of the hook. To many times ive seen players ignor them and let the high town posts eat them selves.

We have no strong pushes thus any one currently being push is likely to be town. Thus you want to look at the low posters who are staying out of the thick of things for todays lynch
SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #574 (ISO) » Mon Jun 08, 2020 3:59 am

Post by SirCakez »

In post 552, Drew-Sta wrote:That might be so but it creates ambiguity in the pool from whom we're trying to learn from. This ambiguity is not helpful to town and hinders our progress, since it provides space to hide for scum IMHO.

BTW, I'm not arguing with you - simply presenting my challenges with his slot.
yeah I know I find it suspicious as well. that's why I brought it up to Titus.
Brian Skies - "
I just wanna say Cakez is an evil mod and this is an evil setup.
"

--------------------
Get to know a Cakez!

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”