scamper
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #3901 (isolation #200) » Mon Sep 12, 2022 5:10 am

Post by scamper »

In post 3035, Thestatusquo wrote:
In post 3031, scamper wrote:wrt hem: i think nero had a good read on him day 1 when he said he was present but didnt really feel like he was doing all that much. it occurred to me overnight that there was mention of a previous game where he got caught fr being overly aggressive, and as there is some overlap between that game and this one its possible he was trying to avoid being caught on that same thing, but overcompensated by playing very passively instead. his push onto datisi sucks and is lazy, like he picked a tunnel target in the first 10 pages and decided to just stay with it. him shading me for unvoting tsq is also bad.

he posts about vpb, but never commits to a real read on him, asks him a few ez questions and fencesits. i dont ever get the sense hem actually tried to solve vpbs alignment

Spoiler:
In post 278, humaneatingmonkey wrote:Ari, Datisi isn't asking you so I'll ask on his behalf

did you think VP was scummy for not voting Datisi there? do you think it's consistent that Datisi would have assumed what he assumed about you here?
In post 445, humaneatingmonkey wrote:is it just me or ausuka and vpb has this
t en s i o n
In post 483, humaneatingmonkey wrote:
In post 480, VP Baltar wrote:UNVOTE:
VOTE: ausuka
oh there he goes

making the first move
In post 499, humaneatingmonkey wrote:VPB is your scamper vote serious
In post 783, humaneatingmonkey wrote:here's my early game list

Ausuka - likely town
scamper - poe
Juice - waiting for arrival
Datisi - poe
humaneatingmonkey - town ofc
Aristeia - poe
Firebringer - pending to mid-game
Gamma Emerald - pending read on me
Nero Cain - poe
Eiralox - poe
fireisredsir - probably town
GuiltyLion - poe
VP Baltar - poe

marcistar - probably town
xofelf - likely town
skitter30 - likely town
Irrelephant11 - likely town
ydrasse - pending read on early game
Dunnstral - waiting
DeasVail - pending question on datisi townread
In post 837, humaneatingmonkey wrote:
In post 365, VP Baltar wrote:
In post 228, GuiltyLion wrote:
In post 211, Ausuka wrote:I've decided Datisi is scum but we should let him live because he's cool
:up:

Datisi I'm putting you in the penalty box, you're gonna need to start wowing me with some better reads to get out
GL is top town read.
what do you think of Irrellephant, VPB
In post 917, humaneatingmonkey wrote:since we're both high GL, can we vibe and talk casually about the game

what do you think about vpb
In post 924, humaneatingmonkey wrote:
In post 919, GuiltyLion wrote:At times it feels like VPB is just going down intellectual lines of questioning for its own sake instead of like, genuinely seeking an answer that will impact his reads - if that makes sense
this is exactly what i felt as well

im figuring out if it's vpb pushing buttons to generate content or scum trying to fake a push
In post 1086, humaneatingmonkey wrote:did you feel as if vpb's fixation on your gutread was natural?
In post 1167, humaneatingmonkey wrote:VPB where are you on this game
In post 1275, humaneatingmonkey wrote:
In post 1267, VP Baltar wrote:@ HEM - for me it's just like, why even put out a list if like 75% is just saying "poe". I'd probably just say "I'm TRing this person. Or so and so is scummy"

It looks like busy work to post a full list that is just meh.
are you even reading my posts
In post 1281, humaneatingmonkey wrote:
In post 1279, VP Baltar wrote:
In post 1277, humaneatingmonkey wrote:my posts are nothing but that
I'm only talking about your list specifically. Seemed useless, so why even post it? That's what I didn't care for. Think it was a good call out by Nero at the time.
seemed useless? how do you condense your thoughts in one post efficiently? did you even read it in context?
In post 1303, humaneatingmonkey wrote:
In post 1286, VP Baltar wrote:I count 5 reads out of 19 players. Zero scum, or anything generally that doesn't have the flavor of lukewarm milk. It's a pointless list to make other than it looks like effort. I know you're better than that.
to view it as 5/19 is a choice. first of all, if we're using the same unfair standards as you're putting in through, it would be 6/19. second, i dont understand, what would you have expected me to do? third, do you have better reads at that point in the game?

nero said i wasn't doing anything so i showed him where i'm at. why should i make a list later?

meanwhile this is the most baltar had to say about hem:

Spoiler:
In post 1171, VP Baltar wrote:
In post 1167, humaneatingmonkey wrote:VPB where are you on this game
What an incredibly vague question.

I am voting FB. You should too or push a more serious alternative.

There's a lot of faffing going on this game and I'm kinda bored
In post 1222, VP Baltar wrote:
In post 1213, Nero Cain wrote:VP, when did you start thinkng that I was town?
Part of it is cumulative vibes from you being an asshat, which is consistent with my town experience with you obv. (Though certainly fakeable)

For example, your fight with ari seemed absolutely unnecessary.

I also remember feeling better about you when you said something about HEM's list being kind of wishy washy, because that was my same gut reaction when I read it.
In post 1267, VP Baltar wrote:
In post 1261, Nero Cain wrote:I would feel better if you had actually called out HEM in thread instead of retroactively agreeing with me. Or did you call it out, I just don't really remember you doing it.
I didn't call it out at the time because I'm skimming along while I work and just repeating stuff other people have said isn't super useful.

As far as the attitude stuff, I can be a prickly person too! It's definitely not all on you. As much as I joke, I do want to avoid toxic fights if possible because it's probably good to be a grown up. Sometimes I think you intentionally make insults, but I think it's also maybe just your playstyle to try and get reax.

@ HEM - for me it's just like, why even put out a list if like 75% is just saying "poe". I'd probably just say "I'm TRing this person. Or so and so is scummy"

In post 1276, VP Baltar wrote:
In post 1275, humaneatingmonkey wrote:
In post 1267, VP Baltar wrote:@ HEM - for me it's just like, why even put out a list if like 75% is just saying "poe". I'd probably just say "I'm TRing this person. Or so and so is scummy"

are you even reading my posts
Sure.
In post 1279, VP Baltar wrote:
In post 1277, humaneatingmonkey wrote:my posts are nothing but that
I'm only talking about your list specifically. Seemed useless, so why even post it? That's what I didn't care for. Think it was a good call out by Nero at the time.
In post 1286, VP Baltar wrote:
In post 783, humaneatingmonkey wrote:here's my early game list

Ausuka - likely town
scamper - poe
Juice - waiting for arrival
Datisi - poe
humaneatingmonkey - town ofc
Aristeia - poe
Firebringer - pending to mid-game
Gamma Emerald - pending read on me
Nero Cain - poe
Eiralox - poe
fireisredsir - probably town
GuiltyLion - poe
VP Baltar - poe
marcistar - probably town
xofelf - likely town
skitter30 - likely town
Irrelephant11 - likely town
ydrasse - pending read on early game
Dunnstral - waiting
DeasVail - pending question on datisi townread
I count 5 reads out of 19 players. Zero scum, or anything generally that doesn't have the flavor of lukewarm milk. It's a pointless list to make other than it looks like effort. I know you're better than that.
In post 1304, VP Baltar wrote:
In post 1303, humaneatingmonkey wrote:why should i make a list later?
Because it might contain useful information later about your viewpoint later.

In other news, I agree with scamper that the Erialox wagon seems Zzzzzz.

Vote FB.
In post 2363, VP Baltar wrote:pedit: I see this is unrequested, but I don't care because I'm fooking trying. Datisi, I don't think your reads actually closely align with GL would be my takeaway. 4-5 of his top scum reads are on the town side of your triangle (even if some are lower confidence), so you might want to rethink how you're viewing him.
In post 1939, Datisi wrote:
humaneatingmonkey
- the main reason why i'm townreading this slot if because his thoughts on me and around me make sense, see my . otherwise, this seems like a... quiet-town game from him. what i mean is, i don't get the feeling that he's trying to brute force or shitpush things through, and i feel like there were several moments he could've gone more aggressive (like on his push on me) and did not do that. and my impression of him as a scum player is that he *would* have done that. so i'm fine lowkey townbinning him for now.

monkey is town probably.

he never really gives much of a real read on hem, just agrees with nero when nero calls his list bad, and then they have an incredibly tepid argument that goes nowhere. then somehow in a later post he calls hem town and never elaborates on why

so i think hem looks compatible as a partner with vpb, i dont have any good reasons to townread him, if someone who townreads him could give an explanation beyond "he posts a lot" and "has chill vibes", id love to hear it
I made a post in response to gammas scum read:
In post 2960, Thestatusquo wrote:
In post 2942, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 2815, Dannflor wrote:Gamma why is HEM scum
he's basically felt fake all game to me, between the overly verbose post I called out early and his approach to me
there's also a slight meta aspect, he feels rather reactive, which I attribute to his scumgame
It feels like you're making a squishy meta feels case here that involves actively ignoring a lot of what HEM is actually doing in order to accomplish it, so the read doesn't feel real to me either.

To me, looking through HEMs posts theres a lot of stuff which is interesting novel thoughts on game and relation to the alignment of others that would be really strange to come from a scum player and hard to fake because they involve breaking the flow of the game which in some cases would be detrimental to scum.
In post 2727, humaneatingmonkey wrote:
In post 2710, scamper wrote:UNVOTE:

while i am still very suspicious of the relly slot i feel like i dont need to dogpile someone who has just replaced in
i wonder if this is a direct reaction to TSQ mentioning that scum loves to dogpile replacements
Take this post, for example. Why would scum HEM feel the need to point this out at this time? Unless you think he and I are buddies there's very little reason that HEM would think this is a good topic of conversation for town to take, because it detracts from the momentum of the suspicion of me. Like, I guess you are saying that you think HEM and I are buddies because its a game solve but when I read back on HEMs iso theres a lot of stuff like this that individually seems like pointing out little things that are interesting for the town to think about.

I don't see a lot of scum motivation for a lot of HEMs posting, and I think its hard to fake because its not like not doing this stuff will get you scum read and the effects on the game are net negative for scum.
oh, i forgot shea made an immediate awful defense of hem that doesnt really make sense
scamper
scamper
he/him
Mafia Scum
scamper
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3906 (isolation #201) » Mon Sep 12, 2022 5:13 am

Post by scamper »

In post 3900, Something_Smart wrote:
In post 3877, humaneatingmonkey wrote:this is a weird point to make
It is. I was going to chalk it up to him being new, but looking at his profile I guess he isn't? But he also probably isn't that familiar with Ari, or he probably would have recognized that she is often seen as a threat.

Do you think it reads like a premeditated argument?
1. i've played a lot with ari, this is an alt (if the whole "pretending to be like skitter" thing was not a tip off, although i'm not doing that as much now)
2. i am aware she is perceived as a threat. i still do not think she is especially likely to die night 1 if she is mostly inaccurate, but i recognize this is not a rock solid argument, but mostly a speculative one
scamper
scamper
he/him
Mafia Scum
scamper
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3908 (isolation #202) » Mon Sep 12, 2022 5:13 am

Post by scamper »

In post 3905, humaneatingmonkey wrote:here we go, show yourselves fiends

awoo awoo
fake scum bravado
scamper
scamper
he/him
Mafia Scum
scamper
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3910 (isolation #203) » Mon Sep 12, 2022 5:14 am

Post by scamper »

In post 3907, Datisi wrote:still sticking to that datisi scumread you decided on back on like page 5, eh?
hes blatantly not attempting to solve the game

his reads have been frozen in ice since 15 pages into day 1 or whatever, he hasnt attempted to process or evaluate anything new
scamper
scamper
he/him
Mafia Scum
scamper
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3911 (isolation #204) » Mon Sep 12, 2022 5:15 am

Post by scamper »

i am basically not going to shut up ever now until there are 9 votes on hem
scamper
scamper
he/him
Mafia Scum
scamper
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3920 (isolation #205) » Mon Sep 12, 2022 5:19 am

Post by scamper »

i'm annoyed reading back that i made that post about hem asking if anyone had any actual good reason to townread him and the only response i got was from shea defending him and everyone else blew it off

and people were acting like i was crazy for saying the threadstate sucks and people aren't really communicating

so i reiterate again: if anyone has actual good reason to townread hem beyond him posting a lot, speak up, otherwise i want u to vote hem
scamper
scamper
he/him
Mafia Scum
scamper
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3927 (isolation #206) » Mon Sep 12, 2022 5:25 am

Post by scamper »

i have ultimately tried being patient and letting other people have their way because i dont like shouting over other people but if someone is going to come in with blatant bad faith attacks i'm not gunna tolerate it
scamper
scamper
he/him
Mafia Scum
scamper
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3989 (isolation #207) » Mon Sep 12, 2022 6:12 am

Post by scamper »

In post 3948, fireisredsir wrote:
In post 3920, scamper wrote:i'm annoyed reading back that i made that post about hem asking if anyone had any actual good reason to townread him and the only response i got was from shea defending him and everyone else blew it off

and people were acting like i was crazy for saying the threadstate sucks and people aren't really communicating

so i reiterate again: if anyone has actual good reason to townread hem beyond him posting a lot, speak up, otherwise i want u to vote hem
i mean i responded in and i also had talking about it

but maybe those weren't good enough reasons to be worth responding to idk

don't really love what he's doing rn fwiw but im not really convinced by the reasons for why he's scum
i mean, both of those posts are pretty vague, really, and i don't think "he's playing differently from a game he got caught d1 as scum in" is super convincing because he'd be motivated to play differently
scamper
scamper
he/him
Mafia Scum
scamper
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3993 (isolation #208) » Mon Sep 12, 2022 6:14 am

Post by scamper »

In post 3975, Ausuka wrote:
In post 3970, Something_Smart wrote:
In post 3969, Ausuka wrote:the S_S progression was kinda ??? and i don't really buy that he went from, like, 'no compelling reason to vote ss' to doing it so quickly.
what's the scum motivation for doing this?
it makes me feel like dann is playing inorganically and was trying to fake a chaotic mindset but ended up doing it in a way that isn't really believable

scum don't play to their wincon perfectly or straightforwardly imo
i don't think he's playing inorganiclly or chaotically at all

i read his posts on the last page and they seem fine to me
scamper
scamper
he/him
Mafia Scum
scamper
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4020 (isolation #209) » Mon Sep 12, 2022 6:31 am

Post by scamper »

In post 4000, Ausuka wrote:
In post 3993, scamper wrote:
In post 3975, Ausuka wrote:
In post 3970, Something_Smart wrote:
In post 3969, Ausuka wrote:the S_S progression was kinda ??? and i don't really buy that he went from, like, 'no compelling reason to vote ss' to doing it so quickly.
what's the scum motivation for doing this?
it makes me feel like dann is playing inorganically and was trying to fake a chaotic mindset but ended up doing it in a way that isn't really believable

scum don't play to their wincon perfectly or straightforwardly imo
i don't think he's playing inorganiclly or chaotically at all

i read his posts on the last page and they seem fine to me
i mean, it's fine if you think that way? i dont expect you to agree with me on every read and i don't really expect to convince people, i'm just trying to keep my thought process at least semi transparent. but like, i think i explained why i think what i do, i think the progression comes off bad and am not sure what else to say about it
In post 3969, Ausuka wrote:VOTE: Dannflor

I have reconsidered and I like this actually

the S_S progression was kinda ??? and i don't really buy that he went from, like, 'no compelling reason to vote ss' to doing it so quickly. this made me read his iso and i remembered i do not like his opening posts, particularly his gl and marci pushes

the obscure push is like... fine and not really the reason i'm voting him but i don't think it's really town indicative because like it is pretty easy

hem is a slot im just 'meh' on because i feel like i havent read much of his posts in ages. i guess i can iso him later
okay. again. i am directly trying to argue against this because i don't think it's particularly great reasoning. i think u can say the s_s vote looks surface-level bad but i think scum is way more likely to have a "clean" progression on a vote like that and be concerned with optics where town is going to be more careless and i think his explanation for voting there of not really opposing the wagon is fine. and i dont really care about opening posts, overreacting to opening posts is why i misyeeted conman. i think hes shown a reasonable level of analysis since then. this isnt necessarily for sure town but i dont think your reasons are super strong
scamper
scamper
he/him
Mafia Scum
scamper
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4033 (isolation #210) » Mon Sep 12, 2022 6:42 am

Post by scamper »

hems position is that i am somehow scum for not attacking him enough. lets revisit his posts about this from day 1:
In post 1109, humaneatingmonkey wrote:
In post 1092, Ausuka wrote:the push seems kind of flimsy
i scumread scamper for this reason tho so it's weird that you townread it

scamper's early push on me felt so persistent i was wondering why he wanted me to be scum so much and now it's fizzled
In post 1150, humaneatingmonkey wrote:
In post 1149, scamper wrote:do u expect me to hold on strongly to a read i had in the first 24 hours of the game?
i expected you to come back to me when you felt like your vote is doing nothing which seems to me like that's where you were before voting irrelephant
In post 1160, humaneatingmonkey wrote:
In post 1158, scamper wrote:
In post 1153, humaneatingmonkey wrote:yeah. has your read changed about me?
i havent reread your iso yet

u are in the pile of people i am unsure about
you went from trying hard to sort me to leaving me alone
In post 1186, scamper wrote:
In post 1164, humaneatingmonkey wrote:are you even thinking as you type your responses

you ask me why i find it scummy that you didn't get back to me
i answer why

and now you give me this clapback
i asked why u expect me to revisit u

as far as i can tell your expectation is that i should 'default' to a read i had earlier and interact with u more to try to 'solve' u. thats not how i am choosing to play the game rn. i vote wherever i feel is worthy of my attention and when the game is new and theres a lot of new information i am going to change my mind and move around, esp. when theres a lot of players. i have also stated my desire to limit my posting to not make the game unmanageable in length (im not doing great at it tho). as it is, my read on u was a gut based read that i decided to push when maybe 8 people in the game had posted, and u seemed the most awkward. its hardly something i felt strongly about, so i feel no obligation to continue pressuring u. id rather hang back and leave u to ur own devices at this point and read u based on waht u choose to do

this discussion seems eminently pointless so im just going to stop talking to you to avoid filling the thread with white noise, because it is definitely not helping me read u. if u think that makes me scum, i encourage u to push me.
my vote day 1 went from hem -> firebringer -> irrelephant. hems argument is that somehow i am scummy for not returning to voting him. this makes basically no sense because obviously i am going to vote on whatever catches my interest and my view of the game is goig to change on day 1. i am not obligated to keep pushing a read i had in the first 24 hours. and the persistence there doesn't feel like he actually cares about me read on him or is attempting to sort me, he's just trying to snag me on some triviality. i think answering that i am unsure of someone that early in the game is a perfectly valid response

now, its possible hem thought my initial arguments against him were in bad faith because they were (admittedly) reachy. and i wouldnt necessarily fault that suspicion. but i dont ever get the sense he was actually trying to investigate me in that way.

and now he returns to the game after being inactive for days and this is what he has to say:
In post 3875, humaneatingmonkey wrote:
In post 3848, T3 wrote:Something_Smart (6): GuiltyLion, Frogsterking, scamper, fireisredsir, Ydrasse, humaneatingmonkey
in scamper's pov i am lurking scum who voted with him on his scumread so he should probably be unvoting now if his reads are real
In post 3876, humaneatingmonkey wrote:
In post 3819, scamper wrote:{hem, fireisredsir, obscure, something_smart}
oh whats this he reiterated his point
In post 3882, humaneatingmonkey wrote:
In post 3880, scamper wrote:
In post 3848, T3 wrote:Something_Smart (6): GuiltyLion, Frogsterking, scamper, fireisredsir, Ydrasse, humaneatingmonkey
in scamper's pov i am lurking scum who voted with him on his scumread so he should probably be unvoting now if his reads are real
r u saying i should be assuming ur scum and s_s is town?
it should give you pause
his immediate response is to start shading me for not unvoting because he voted on a wagon and i suspect him.
this makwa literally no sense
. i had not expressed that hem is my most confident scumread, since i was not voting him. i am not going to unvote a wagon in a 17 player game because
one
person i think is scummy is on it. there are two reasons for this: one, i could be wrongon my read of hem, and two, bussing exists. i'm not necessarily saying either of these are likely, but they have to be a consideration. if no one voted on a wagon with people they thought were scummy, you would never get a majority in a large game. regardless, if he is town his first thought should not be that i should be pushing him instead. its pointless antagonism.

"but maybe hem is just tunneled on his day 1 read", you might say

here's the thing about that. hem made this post a few days ago:
In post 2966, humaneatingmonkey wrote:honestly i feel like i should have died last night and the fact im still alive makes me think i have townread scum
several people townread hem for this post when he made it, because hey why would scum think this??

but if you actually look at this statement versus hem's actions, there's a complete disconnect

hem says he is worried he is townreading scum but has not tried to re-evaluate his day 1 townreads at all. instead he has returned to trying to push me.
this is because hem is not actually trying to solve the game. that post is purely performative, hem doesn't care about re-evaluating at all, hes just making the same tired push he had on day 1
scamper
scamper
he/him
Mafia Scum
scamper
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4041 (isolation #211) » Mon Sep 12, 2022 6:46 am

Post by scamper »

In post 4036, fireisredsir wrote:idk if people townread him for the "i should have died", i thought all the people commenting on how it was weird were saying it was scummy weird, but maybe i misinterpreted
i thought there were some people at the time saying it was towny

i admittedly did not fact check that, but its also kind of irrelevant to my overall point if i misremembered how people reacted to that post
scamper
scamper
he/him
Mafia Scum
scamper
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4066 (isolation #212) » Mon Sep 12, 2022 7:06 am

Post by scamper »

In post 4051, Thestatusquo wrote:Like scampers post is all focused on the reasoning for making the attack and I agree that HEMs attack doesn't make a ton of sense but theres a missing part where you investigate why coming in and attacking you would be a good thing for scum HEM to do and that's the part I don't see?
why is the assumption that scum always plays optimally/"good"

he saw me, saw me making posts discrediting him, and saw it as a threat and decided to push back

the whole mentality of "why would he do that as scum" is superfluous because scum can do things for any of a million reasons that are not always apparent and the assumption scum has to play to a particular mold is ???

what i am trying to bring out is that what hes doing makes no sense from the mindset of a townie actually trying to solve the game
scamper
scamper
he/him
Mafia Scum
scamper
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4073 (isolation #213) » Mon Sep 12, 2022 7:11 am

Post by scamper »

In post 4028, Ausuka wrote:UNVOTE:

sure whatever

feels like im not really getting anything done this game so will check out for a bit. it seems like wagons are going fine without me so i'll see what happens there ig.
sorry i don't want to feel like i'm freezing u out or anything, i just don't agree
@ausuka

maybe when things are quieter we can talk it over more
scamper
scamper
he/him
Mafia Scum
scamper
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4074 (isolation #214) » Mon Sep 12, 2022 7:14 am

Post by scamper »

hem (6): scamper, guiltylion, fireisredsir, datisi, ydrasse, dannflor

thats my unofficial vc of only the votes on hem
scamper
scamper
he/him
Mafia Scum
scamper
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4081 (isolation #215) » Mon Sep 12, 2022 7:19 am

Post by scamper »

In post 4075, Ausuka wrote:
In post 4067, Frogsterking wrote:I'd like Nero and Ausuka to confirm there's an up to date reads list in their iso or post one.
i dont have reads rn really. i feel like everything i do is wrong or gets shut down immediately and i dont really know where to go now

it seems like hem is going to be eliminated which like... i suppose i could just iso him later and like i might but i just dont have strong feelings and rn i feel fine just watching

pedit: i don't blame you for trying to win the game scamper and im not angry at you or anything i just feel deflated
well like i hate feeling ignored and i dont want u to feel that way even tho i have had disagreement with u (or have info that goes against a read). and im sorry if ive made u feel that way. just step away for a bit and lets come back to things later
scamper
scamper
he/him
Mafia Scum
scamper
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4084 (isolation #216) » Mon Sep 12, 2022 7:21 am

Post by scamper »

In post 4080, Thestatusquo wrote:I just don't know why anyone thinks gamma could be town outside of vague tone things which I don't agree with this.
idk

this isnt out of her town range but im somewhat concerned
scamper
scamper
he/him
Mafia Scum
scamper
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4085 (isolation #217) » Mon Sep 12, 2022 7:21 am

Post by scamper »

In post 4083, Ausuka wrote:ok thats not true actually i can make a reads list

i dont think its going to be incredibly helpful but it's something like this

{scamper, dats}
{nero, guiltylion, shea}
{deasvail, gamma, s_s}
{enchant, frog, hem, obscure, marci, ydrasse}
{fire, dann}

fire and dann could basically mix with the second bottom tier but thought it might be helpful to separate it out
any reason in particular on fire?
scamper
scamper
he/him
Mafia Scum
scamper
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4100 (isolation #218) » Mon Sep 12, 2022 7:36 am

Post by scamper »

ftr dont put HEM at E-1 because enchant will hammer the wagon if he's around
scamper
scamper
he/him
Mafia Scum
scamper
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4143 (isolation #219) » Mon Sep 12, 2022 8:25 am

Post by scamper »

In post 4117, Nero Cain wrote:I think/thought HEM was town b/c I attacked HEM day 1 over his readlist and VP was parroting me.
my issue with this thinking is that it asumes vpb just doesnt attack any of his partners in any way on day 1, and i dont think thats very likely. im looking at a post of his from keep talking and nobody explodes and his readslist had 2 teammates in null and 1 in scumreads, called his teammates forgettable a bunch. not saying he has to follow that exact pattern but i would kind of expect similar treatment - keeping teammates safely at arm's length

so the question is sort of whether there is actual intent to push behind it and i dont think there really was with hem. i don't think "agreeing with a townie's correct read" is out of the question as distancing

this is maybe a stronger point in favor of the firebringer slot being town, if anything
scamper
scamper
he/him
Mafia Scum
scamper
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4145 (isolation #220) » Mon Sep 12, 2022 8:28 am

Post by scamper »

(maybe even more convincingly that i'm being overzealous on shea...)
scamper
scamper
he/him
Mafia Scum
scamper
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4150 (isolation #221) » Mon Sep 12, 2022 8:32 am

Post by scamper »

In post 4146, marcistar wrote:am i allowed to vote hem
i thought u were townreading him?

he's at E-2 tho so don't do it now
scamper
scamper
he/him
Mafia Scum
scamper
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4162 (isolation #222) » Mon Sep 12, 2022 8:41 am

Post by scamper »

In post 4148, fireisredsir wrote:i mean idk if you saw but earlier i posted about how my conclusion from that same linked post from ktane that he treated MT very similarly to he treated irrel here

but i think shea is more likely town now so idk
ill take a look but hes not a priority anymore
scamper
scamper
he/him
Mafia Scum
scamper
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4273 (isolation #223) » Mon Sep 12, 2022 11:19 am

Post by scamper »

In post 4262, Frogsterking wrote:
In post 4260, Something_Smart wrote:I never said I wasn't. And I have been reading his posts, for the most part; just not as carefully, because I didn't plan on engaging with them much.
I don't like this ambivalence. What are you even doing in this game? Your words suggest you should be taken seriously but your ISO suggests you're just here to troll around every once in a while.
thats not really ambivalence, its snark

which is very slightly +town
scamper
scamper
he/him
Mafia Scum
scamper
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4387 (isolation #224) » Mon Sep 12, 2022 2:11 pm

Post by scamper »

In post 4361, humaneatingmonkey wrote:like scamper could have built a wagon on me all along, damn
i very explicitly have not been trying to strongarm my reads until now because i dont like doing that and my confidence level has not been high enough to warrant doing so. u would know that if u actually cared to read anything i said. i didnt start calling u lockscum until u started making nonsense attacks on me that show u are not concerned with actually solving
scamper
scamper
he/him
Mafia Scum
scamper
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4414 (isolation #225) » Mon Sep 12, 2022 3:02 pm

Post by scamper »

In post 4412, Thestatusquo wrote:Guys I'm sad and now I'm drinking whiskey and watching football. Who wants to chat?
too busy watching the game myself
scamper
scamper
he/him
Mafia Scum
scamper
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4416 (isolation #226) » Mon Sep 12, 2022 4:13 pm

Post by scamper »

lol that ending
scamper
scamper
he/him
Mafia Scum
scamper
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4417 (isolation #227) » Mon Sep 12, 2022 4:35 pm

Post by scamper »

In post 4406, humaneatingmonkey wrote:okay

ill be back i really need to get off this site

if what i did was 2 anti-town 4 everyone then i guess that's my bad i just wanted to be part of this game
so ur plan for "being part of the game" was to antagonize me for suspecting u and dare me to push u, and that was somehow supposed to get u involved, rather than just catching up like a normal person

suffice to say i am skeptical that was something u actually thought up
scamper
scamper
he/him
Mafia Scum
scamper
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4448 (isolation #228) » Tue Sep 13, 2022 4:04 am

Post by scamper »

In post 4419, Frogsterking wrote:Tilt Wagon?
i won't deny that there is a fair deal of emotion driving that push but i think pressure is a useful tool regardless and hems reaction to it is a little ~off~ imo
scamper
scamper
he/him
Mafia Scum
scamper
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4590 (isolation #229) » Tue Sep 13, 2022 12:08 pm

Post by scamper »

the argument between hem and shea feels like there's a scum in there, doesn't come across as a town vs town argument where both sides are sincere in conviction and hung up on something unimportant is the est way i can describe it.

enchant unfortunately is probably town
scamper
scamper
he/him
Mafia Scum
scamper
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4591 (isolation #230) » Tue Sep 13, 2022 12:14 pm

Post by scamper »

and idk, hem obviously did not take me seriously and did not believe i could actually get a wagon on him when he started taunting me

i think that's true regardless of his alignment

my problem is his response to when it happened felt more like he was...trying to cover his tracks for doing so and apologizing for doing the stuff that made him get voted, and it felt like that was more of an appeal to get people to try to back off him rather than expected townie behavior to me?
scamper
scamper
he/him
Mafia Scum
scamper
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4594 (isolation #231) » Tue Sep 13, 2022 1:03 pm

Post by scamper »

In post 4592, GuiltyLion wrote:
In post 4590, scamper wrote:enchant unfortunately is probably town
what's your reasoning, I'm not there on Enchant yet
because he has ~some amount of actual solving, stuff about hem feels like a real though
scamper
scamper
he/him
Mafia Scum
scamper
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4601 (isolation #232) » Tue Sep 13, 2022 2:53 pm

Post by scamper »

In post 1553, Frogsterking wrote:FoS dannflor and xoxelf unless someone can meta town send them for me. I have some limited ability to meta the slot dann replaced into (Eiralox) and their play here is pretty scum for them. I have no ability to meta xo they just look like frozen scum to me.
hey so btw i was reminded of this - was there ever an explanation from u as to why eiraloxs play was scum indicative for him?
scamper
scamper
he/him
Mafia Scum
scamper
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4604 (isolation #233) » Tue Sep 13, 2022 2:58 pm

Post by scamper »

In post 4603, Frogsterking wrote:
In post 4602, Frogsterking wrote:
In post 4601, scamper wrote:
In post 1553, Frogsterking wrote:FoS dannflor and xoxelf unless someone can meta town send them for me. I have some limited ability to meta the slot dann replaced into (Eiralox) and their play here is pretty scum for them. I have no ability to meta xo they just look like frozen scum to me.
hey so btw i was reminded of this - was there ever an explanation from u as to why eiraloxs play was scum indicative for him?
Yeah I've played with him a couple times, he's pretty game solvey as Town
And prefers to lurk as scum.
was this offsite, or wut
scamper
scamper
he/him
Mafia Scum
scamper
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4606 (isolation #234) » Tue Sep 13, 2022 3:01 pm

Post by scamper »

he literally hasn't rolled scum in a game on MS though, so i'm not sure where ur getting the notion he lurks as scum...?
scamper
scamper
he/him
Mafia Scum
scamper
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4611 (isolation #235) » Tue Sep 13, 2022 3:07 pm

Post by scamper »

In post 4609, Frogsterking wrote:
In post 4606, scamper wrote:he literally hasn't rolled scum in a game on MS though, so i'm not sure where ur getting the notion he lurks as scum...?
I'm definitely making an inductive leap
u literally said he lurks as scum
scamper
scamper
he/him
Mafia Scum
scamper
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4612 (isolation #236) » Tue Sep 13, 2022 3:13 pm

Post by scamper »

like, i have no idea how u get the notion that he is definitely scum by meta off his 8 posts in this game, cuz they were basically all trolling, and he certainly didnt get serious in 2277 in his first 8 posts. his posts in 2279 are basically nonsense (and that was ongoing when u replaced in so its not like it could have influenced ur read), and overall im not seeing how u got a confident meta scum read based on those posts that u have been tunneling on all game now
scamper
scamper
he/him
Mafia Scum
scamper
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4615 (isolation #237) » Tue Sep 13, 2022 3:22 pm

Post by scamper »

In post 4613, Frogsterking wrote:
In post 4612, scamper wrote:his posts in 2279 are basically nonsense (and that was ongoing when u replaced in so its
I didn't replace into 2279, I had a correct read on Eir the entire game even against heavy resistance and when he read flipped on me.
i mean when u replaced into this game u couldn't have know he was town in that one...
In post 4614, Frogsterking wrote:
In post 4613, Frogsterking wrote:
In post 4612, scamper wrote:his posts in 2279 are basically nonsense (and that was ongoing when u replaced in so its
I didn't replace into 2279, I had a correct read on Eir the entire game even against heavy resistance and when he read flipped on me.
And Eir correctly called 2/3 scum on D1 once he started drinking.
okay, but again, he was in this game for all of 2 days and likely couldnt handle the volume, which isnt AI

so this notion of him being strong scum by meta just sounds made up...
scamper
scamper
he/him
Mafia Scum
scamper
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4616 (isolation #238) » Tue Sep 13, 2022 3:26 pm

Post by scamper »

if u had said "this isnt like his town game" i could maybe accept that but u made up a statement about scum meta that doesnt actually exist
scamper
scamper
he/him
Mafia Scum
scamper
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4619 (isolation #239) » Tue Sep 13, 2022 3:30 pm

Post by scamper »

thats not what u said, tho
In post 1553, Frogsterking wrote:I have some limited ability to meta the slot dann replaced into (Eiralox) and their play here is pretty scum for them.
what u said is this
scamper
scamper
he/him
Mafia Scum
scamper
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4622 (isolation #240) » Tue Sep 13, 2022 3:47 pm

Post by scamper »

again tho, he literally made up a statement about scum meta that does not exist

like, how is that not just an outright lie?
scamper
scamper
he/him
Mafia Scum
scamper
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4626 (isolation #241) » Tue Sep 13, 2022 3:53 pm

Post by scamper »

In post 4624, Frogsterking wrote:
In post 1553, Frogsterking wrote:I have some limited ability to meta
? I was feel like I was pretty up-front from the beginning.
then why did u say "he lurks as scum", something that is completely unverifiable?

further, what is ur actual case on dann as it presently stands?
scamper
scamper
he/him
Mafia Scum
scamper
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4629 (isolation #242) » Tue Sep 13, 2022 4:00 pm

Post by scamper »

no thats fine you dont need to do this here

clearly the point i am trying to make is being lost
scamper
scamper
he/him
Mafia Scum
scamper
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4633 (isolation #243) » Tue Sep 13, 2022 4:06 pm

Post by scamper »

dannflor has fucking posts, how is he lurk scum
scamper
scamper
he/him
Mafia Scum
scamper
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4636 (isolation #244) » Tue Sep 13, 2022 4:07 pm

Post by scamper »

In post 4633, scamper wrote:dannflor has 152 posts, how is he lurk scum
EBWOP

somehow deleted the number and not the cursing
scamper
scamper
he/him
Mafia Scum
scamper
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4638 (isolation #245) » Tue Sep 13, 2022 4:11 pm

Post by scamper »

those posts look perfectly fine?

again your literal case for your strongest scumread who your vote is currently on, on day 2 with a flipped scum, is "he's active lurking"

like...how is that a real read?
scamper
scamper
he/him
Mafia Scum
scamper
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4640 (isolation #246) » Tue Sep 13, 2022 4:15 pm

Post by scamper »

In post 4639, Frogsterking wrote:
In post 4638, scamper wrote:those posts look perfectly fine?

again your literal case for your strongest scumread who your vote is currently on, on day 2 with a flipped scum, is "he's active lurking"

like...how is that a real read?
IDK I think killing active lurkers D2 is a good bet, are you disagreeing that Dann is active lurking?
yes
scamper
scamper
he/him
Mafia Scum
scamper
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4645 (isolation #247) » Tue Sep 13, 2022 4:52 pm

Post by scamper »

In post 4642, DeasVail wrote:I feel a bit hypocritical for saying this but part of me is thinking that maybe we should just eliminate HEM.
why
scamper
scamper
he/him
Mafia Scum
scamper
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4651 (isolation #248) » Tue Sep 13, 2022 5:00 pm

Post by scamper »

In post 4647, DeasVail wrote:
In post 4645, scamper wrote:
In post 4642, DeasVail wrote:I feel a bit hypocritical for saying this but part of me is thinking that maybe we should just eliminate HEM.
why
Frogster is seeming a bit more townie to me now, plus I think HEM’s play since the wagon formed is more scummy than townie, the refusal to claim particularly so.
ok
scamper
scamper
he/him
Mafia Scum
scamper
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4675 (isolation #249) » Wed Sep 14, 2022 4:29 am

Post by scamper »

In post 4673, Thestatusquo wrote:I think frogsters claim to know a scum game that doesn't exist squares very much with the other random pronouncements frogster has made this game.

Like I don't understand why scamper is picking up on this now but he was totally fine with frogster when he was saying me asking him to explain a wagon was scum AI.
i haven't been paying as much attention to him as i probably should be
scamper
scamper
he/him
Mafia Scum
scamper
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4686 (isolation #250) » Wed Sep 14, 2022 5:10 am

Post by scamper »

In post 4683, Nero Cain wrote:I would argue that Enchant being able to use words isn't town tell. Like he's not some Vi that's incapable of showing a pulse
In post 362, VP Baltar wrote:
In post 199, Nero Cain wrote:
In post 187, xofelf wrote:Making my semi-yearly mafia appearance with a playerlist I'm pretty excited about.
While its great to hear from you it would have been much better if you talked about the first 8 pages.
You going to be this annoying all game or just play mafia?
can I get some opinions on this? Is this VP defending a buddy or white knighting town?
if i had to guess i'd say i'd expect him to be more cautious about a teammate who isn't contributing much but with one post it can really go either way
scamper
scamper
he/him
Mafia Scum
scamper
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4744 (isolation #251) » Wed Sep 14, 2022 6:13 am

Post by scamper »

i don't really trust the claim but w/e, am okay with voting somewhere else today
scamper
scamper
he/him
Mafia Scum
scamper
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4754 (isolation #252) » Wed Sep 14, 2022 6:15 am

Post by scamper »

In post 4743, Nero Cain wrote:Whats wrong with SKs?
posts made by a serial killer

Spoiler:
not serious

Dannflor wrote:I definitely thought multiball was just explicitly not-normal

I've had a busy couple days at work. Catching up now
multiball yes but SKs are still allowed in larges
scamper
scamper
he/him
Mafia Scum
scamper
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4797 (isolation #253) » Wed Sep 14, 2022 6:26 am

Post by scamper »

In post 4768, Thestatusquo wrote:My hackles are still raised about obscure who theoretically should have "checked in about twice" yesterday and didnt see his name so didnt post.
i wuld gladly wagon obscure
scamper
scamper
he/him
Mafia Scum
scamper
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4800 (isolation #254) » Wed Sep 14, 2022 6:26 am

Post by scamper »

In post 4796, Thestatusquo wrote:Hm ydrasse reaction actually seems super townie to me here tbh.
agreed
scamper
scamper
he/him
Mafia Scum
scamper
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5039 (isolation #255) » Wed Sep 14, 2022 10:41 am

Post by scamper »

i don't really think dv is scum but i'm just kind of tired
scamper
scamper
he/him
Mafia Scum
scamper
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5043 (isolation #256) » Wed Sep 14, 2022 10:44 am

Post by scamper »

and i am increasingly having Concerns about frog
scamper
scamper
he/him
Mafia Scum
scamper
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5061 (isolation #257) » Wed Sep 14, 2022 11:42 am

Post by scamper »

VOTE: obscure
scamper
scamper
he/him
Mafia Scum
scamper
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5076 (isolation #258) » Wed Sep 14, 2022 12:10 pm

Post by scamper »

In post 5064, DeasVail wrote:
In post 5061, scamper wrote:VOTE: obscure
How much of this is because obscure is not posting?

Do you think his relative inactivity is alignment-relevant?
i have raised issues with believing obscure's posting seems fake since early on in the day and little has changed for me since then
scamper
scamper
he/him
Mafia Scum
scamper
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5153 (isolation #259) » Thu Sep 15, 2022 10:02 am

Post by scamper »

In post 5148, obscure wrote:omg deas is finally being wagoned!! :D

also i'm alive. but apparently people want to kill me because i'm busy >.> like i get it, i clearly can't keep up with the game so feel free to just off me, but i'm still a villager.

the length of the phases is just not for me
ftr, the usage of the term "villager" is, like, highly indicative u have played on mafia universe...
scamper
scamper
he/him
Mafia Scum
scamper
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5154 (isolation #260) » Thu Sep 15, 2022 10:03 am

Post by scamper »

In post 5146, fireisredsir wrote:hmm

maybe both wagons are right
this post gives me the heebie jeebies though
scamper
scamper
he/him
Mafia Scum
scamper
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5218 (isolation #261) » Thu Sep 15, 2022 1:11 pm

Post by scamper »

UNVOTE:

sigh

i don't really feel good about forcing through another compromise elim on a lurker especially when a lot of my reasons are (admittedly) paranoid theorizing

i'd rather just follow someone else's lead for today
scamper
scamper
he/him
Mafia Scum
scamper
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5219 (isolation #262) » Thu Sep 15, 2022 1:13 pm

Post by scamper »

@obscure i'm sorry this game isn't working out for you, i feel like this game is not a good introduction to MS for a variety of reasons, the phase lengths might not be for you but i hope you'll at least give it another try in a smaller game
scamper
scamper
he/him
Mafia Scum
scamper
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5222 (isolation #263) » Thu Sep 15, 2022 1:17 pm

Post by scamper »

i would be Interested in hearing from ausuka on fire

i'd also be fine with letting nero lead because i think he's town and clearly me trying to have things my way is not going great
scamper
scamper
he/him
Mafia Scum
scamper
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5268 (isolation #264) » Thu Sep 15, 2022 5:22 pm

Post by scamper »

In post 5232, Thestatusquo wrote:I've hated pretty much this whole game.
sorry about that, ftr. realize it wasnt all my fault but i feel partially responsible

hope we can make it better going forward at the least
In post 5238, Nero Cain wrote:VOTE: Morning Tweet

gamma has a history of replacing out as scum + his vote on HEM was scummy as shit
will probs just follow nero

tweet feels over-reactive
scamper
scamper
he/him
Mafia Scum
scamper
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5283 (isolation #265) » Thu Sep 15, 2022 5:37 pm

Post by scamper »

In post 5282, Thestatusquo wrote:Sweet, don't say any more, pretty sure you didn't have a PT to catch you up.
:thumbsup:
scamper
scamper
he/him
Mafia Scum
scamper
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5338 (isolation #266) » Fri Sep 16, 2022 6:31 am

Post by scamper »

In post 5328, Thestatusquo wrote:So people are just willing to toss aside all the tone reasons they told me about gamma when I was scum reading her now? Can someone explain to me why?
a long time has elapsed and i was likely wrong on a lot of my other reads so im willing to re-evaluate and let others take the lead to see if they have a better idea
scamper
scamper
he/him
Mafia Scum
scamper
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5508 (isolation #267) » Sat Sep 17, 2022 2:25 pm

Post by scamper »

hi, i've had a busy day but i'm here

kind of out of it, if there's been any new development lmk

will try to catch up
scamper
scamper
he/him
Mafia Scum
scamper
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5515 (isolation #268) » Sat Sep 17, 2022 3:24 pm

Post by scamper »

claim from tweet feels designed to buy time

mb on gamma
scamper
scamper
he/him
Mafia Scum
scamper
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5526 (isolation #269) » Sat Sep 17, 2022 5:07 pm

Post by scamper »

oh in that case

VOTE: MT

i would like to reiterate to the vigs i have a clear on datisi so please do not shoot either of us, ty
scamper
scamper
he/him
Mafia Scum
scamper
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5536 (isolation #270) » Sun Sep 18, 2022 2:15 am

Post by scamper »

scamper
scamper
he/him
Mafia Scum
scamper
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5538 (isolation #271) » Sun Sep 18, 2022 2:25 am

Post by scamper »

im all right, hbu

about to make a waffle for breakfast
scamper
scamper
he/him
Mafia Scum
scamper
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5540 (isolation #272) » Sun Sep 18, 2022 3:04 am

Post by scamper »

ty

salt & vinegar is a good flavor, i hope u enjoy ur lunch
scamper
scamper
he/him
Mafia Scum
scamper
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5557 (isolation #273) » Sun Sep 18, 2022 4:28 am

Post by scamper »

In post 5554, Thestatusquo wrote:I'm going to do a booty dance to every person who kept telling me to stop scum reading gamma because of tone and emotion if MT flips red.
i have pretty much already accepted the loss on that one and that i was too quick to write off scummy behavior as "gamma being gamma" because she was similarly potato-like in another game. for being wrong it desnt hurt too bad ig because its still only day 2 so, like, w/e
scamper
scamper
he/him
Mafia Scum
scamper
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5594 (isolation #274) » Tue Sep 20, 2022 12:59 pm

Post by scamper »

VOTE: mena

i read up overnight and i think the comments about obscure from gamma and vice versa look like distancing

there's a little friction but no real attempt to push each other

i want to go here today
scamper
scamper
he/him
Mafia Scum
scamper
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5597 (isolation #275) » Tue Sep 20, 2022 1:02 pm

Post by scamper »

also i'm a little annoyed at the enchant shot
scamper
scamper
he/him
Mafia Scum
scamper
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5606 (isolation #276) » Tue Sep 20, 2022 1:15 pm

Post by scamper »

In post 4225, Gamma Emerald wrote:
that seems to be exactly what he's saying
I kinda get the sense he's feeling pinned by him + S_S being in the PoE
VOTE: Something_Smart
I also agree w the anti-spew bit somewhat, plus this is where there's a wagon in the last VC I saw
i dont think this is,like, impossible to be a bus but the vote is pretty icky
scamper
scamper
he/him
Mafia Scum
scamper
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5621 (isolation #277) » Tue Sep 20, 2022 1:41 pm

Post by scamper »

In post 5611, fireisredsir wrote:
In post 5609, Datisi wrote:
In post 5606, scamper wrote:
In post 4225, Gamma Emerald wrote:
that seems to be exactly what he's saying
I kinda get the sense he's feeling pinned by him + S_S being in the PoE
VOTE: Something_Smart
I also agree w the anti-spew bit somewhat, plus this is where there's a wagon in the last VC I saw
i dont think this is,like, impossible to be a bus but the vote is pretty icky
what was the vc around the time?
i was just checking this and i think SS was at 1 vote lol
oh, lmao

i was just looking at the iso and didnt check the post number
scamper
scamper
he/him
Mafia Scum
scamper
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5622 (isolation #278) » Tue Sep 20, 2022 1:43 pm

Post by scamper »

im actually going to be annoyed if i was right on firebringer and got distracted by hem...
scamper
scamper
he/him
Mafia Scum
scamper
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5625 (isolation #279) » Tue Sep 20, 2022 1:55 pm

Post by scamper »

i'm rereading s_s and i feel like i never should have stopped pushing there
scamper
scamper
he/him
Mafia Scum
scamper
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5632 (isolation #280) » Tue Sep 20, 2022 2:05 pm

Post by scamper »

UNVOTE:

VOTE: s_s
scamper
scamper
he/him
Mafia Scum
scamper
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5637 (isolation #281) » Tue Sep 20, 2022 2:14 pm

Post by scamper »

In post 5633, Frogsterking wrote:I greatly dislike that neither S_S or obscure were on Gamma/Tweet yesterday and I don't think it takes a genius to realize Tweet was probably being bussed at the time they replaced in.
that assumes that scum were around to throw gammaslot under the bus, its entirely circumstantial
scamper
scamper
he/him
Mafia Scum
scamper
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5639 (isolation #282) » Tue Sep 20, 2022 2:17 pm

Post by scamper »

In post 5344, Something_Smart wrote:I love it when people arbitrarily decide what wagons are acceptable.
In post 5414, Something_Smart wrote:GL did you just say I was scum for not leveraging my vote?
In post 5458, Something_Smart wrote:
In post 5447, Nero Cain wrote:part of me just thinks is scum. If we let her live and she's scum she'll just claim roleblocked.
Which is a problem why?
these are all the posts from s_s after tweet replaced in

he didnt really address the wagon in a meaningful way at all
scamper
scamper
he/him
Mafia Scum
scamper
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5640 (isolation #283) » Tue Sep 20, 2022 2:18 pm

Post by scamper »

In post 5638, Frogsterking wrote:
In post 5637, scamper wrote:
In post 5633, Frogsterking wrote:I greatly dislike that neither S_S or obscure were on Gamma/Tweet yesterday and I don't think it takes a genius to realize Tweet was probably being bussed at the time they replaced in.
that assumes that scum were around to throw gammaslot under the bus, its entirely circumstantial
What do you mean?
ovscure had entirely flaked on the game so the argument "scum would have bussed" doesnt, like, do a whole lot for obscures slot
scamper
scamper
he/him
Mafia Scum
scamper
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5644 (isolation #284) » Tue Sep 20, 2022 2:26 pm

Post by scamper »

In post 5642, Frogsterking wrote:You don't think Tweet would do more if it was their job to carry the team?
not really, no

repping into a scum slot in a 200 page game wuld be demotivating for most players and tweet isnt especially motivated as scum. if her teams not doing well i culd easily see her phoning it in. i dont think trying to base reads off that sole event is likely to be too useful
scamper
scamper
he/him
Mafia Scum
scamper
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5646 (isolation #285) » Tue Sep 20, 2022 2:35 pm

Post by scamper »

im not, like, saying its *impossible* tweet got bussed by someone but i wouldnt just assume it by default
scamper
scamper
he/him
Mafia Scum
scamper
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5676 (isolation #286) » Tue Sep 20, 2022 4:48 pm

Post by scamper »

In post 5665, Thestatusquo wrote:Like are we not going to talk about frogsterkings play at the end of the day at all? We're just going to go right back to something smart when frogsterking did basically "try to save my buddy and then hammer when it becomes clear I cant 101"
we are on differing wavelengths this game it seems

i was starting to distrust frog yesterday because i thought he was pushing people in a potentially disingenuous manner

im not like, sure he plays that way around the MT wagon though but i'll go back and check

admittedly part of it was i think obscure seems somewhat more likely than him based on gammas posts
scamper
scamper
he/him
Mafia Scum
scamper
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5680 (isolation #287) » Tue Sep 20, 2022 5:11 pm

Post by scamper »

In post 5678, Something_Smart wrote:
In post 5675, Frogsterking wrote:I'm not upset about this by the way! TPRs get shot/blown up, it happens, it's their job
I mean, they would have inherited vig and become conftown otherwise...
on second thought im kind of glad enchant didnt become a vig
scamper
scamper
he/him
Mafia Scum
scamper
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5702 (isolation #288) » Tue Sep 20, 2022 6:27 pm

Post by scamper »

In post 5692, Dannflor wrote:
In post 2766, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 2726, Thestatusquo wrote:The dogpiling jokes aside I will give something_smart a chance to get involved in the game I suppose.

VOTE: Gamma

Gamma who are the scum and why
Marci
One of you/obscure
humaneatingmonkey
And maybe someone else
also GL commented on this post but in general I tend to think scum can't resist putting a buddy in their "solve" when asked for a scum team or a list of scum reads. even when they are down a buddy. even when their team isn't in a good position.

I think there's a psychological thing where unless you're an extremely confident player you feel like you're gonna get caught out or feel incredible if you list all town reads. despite the fact that their alignments may all be unknown at the time there's a fear that when they are all flipped you're going to look extremely bad.

so in general I'd expect 1 scum in Marci/HEM/Shea/Menalque

and I don't think it is Shea
i think its generally true and i would expect it to be true for gamma
scamper
scamper
he/him
Mafia Scum
scamper
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5799 (isolation #289) » Wed Sep 21, 2022 2:36 am

Post by scamper »

hi!

do u mind explaining why u showed as having a gun last night?
scamper
scamper
he/him
Mafia Scum
scamper
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5804 (isolation #290) » Wed Sep 21, 2022 2:41 am

Post by scamper »

so ur saying there's no way ur role would give a positive result to a gunsmith?
scamper
scamper
he/him
Mafia Scum
scamper
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5806 (isolation #291) » Wed Sep 21, 2022 2:43 am

Post by scamper »

that is a hardclaim, btw

n1 result was obviously dats and i wasnt subtle about it (was a low end townread who i easily could have been wrong on)
scamper
scamper
he/him
Mafia Scum
scamper
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5808 (isolation #292) » Wed Sep 21, 2022 2:45 am

Post by scamper »

ok then what are u claiming
scamper
scamper
he/him
Mafia Scum
scamper
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5810 (isolation #293) » Wed Sep 21, 2022 2:47 am

Post by scamper »

ok

sorry u had to rep into this slot ig
scamper
scamper
he/him
Mafia Scum
scamper
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5838 (isolation #294) » Wed Sep 21, 2022 3:01 am

Post by scamper »

In post 5825, Something_Smart wrote:
In post 5806, scamper wrote:that is a hardclaim, btw
why would you announce you were gunsmith before Mena claimed, giving him the opportunity to fakeclaim a role with a gun?
because it was (somewhat ill thought out) reaction test obviously

UNVOTE:

im not *thrilled* with the response but i dont want to confbias it
scamper
scamper
he/him
Mafia Scum
scamper
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5846 (isolation #295) » Wed Sep 21, 2022 3:03 am

Post by scamper »

was worth a try
Ausuka wrote:Please tell me the datisi clear was not in fact a reaction test
no, i wuldnt do that
scamper
scamper
he/him
Mafia Scum
scamper
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5858 (isolation #296) » Wed Sep 21, 2022 3:07 am

Post by scamper »

In post 5851, Menalque wrote:
In post 5844, Something_Smart wrote:
In post 5838, scamper wrote:because it was (somewhat ill thought out) reaction test obviously
Nah, that's reasonable. But I guess yeah it doesn't really accomplish much if scum-Mena knows his slot already claimed.
wait my slot had already claimed lol
yeah that was partly why i did it
scamper
scamper
he/him
Mafia Scum
scamper
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5862 (isolation #297) » Wed Sep 21, 2022 3:11 am

Post by scamper »

anyway my thoughts on the game are still a mess because i havent done a thorough re-eval, ill try to figure out how i feel about everyone later tonite
scamper
scamper
he/him
Mafia Scum
scamper
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6102 (isolation #298) » Wed Sep 21, 2022 12:09 pm

Post by scamper »

In post 6079, GuiltyLion wrote:Has anyone looked at fireisred/gamma interactions yet?

I am going to do that at some point today (realistically probably late tonight) but I'm thinking about a fire vote myself due to lack of appealing options elsewhere currently and it feels like fire's wim has kinda gone down as the game has gone on

fire what are your overall opinions on the GammaTweet lim, like do you think that was all town and scum got caught off guard or do you think there's any scum who were angling to look good off it
i looked at it early, fire voted gamma early and then back down, they wound up townreading each other later and not interacting much

nothing really concrete
scamper
scamper
he/him
Mafia Scum
scamper
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6105 (isolation #299) » Wed Sep 21, 2022 12:14 pm

Post by scamper »

In post 5886, Thestatusquo wrote:I kind of half want scamper to claim the real target since I assume it's a clear on a generally ??? slot and my PoE is getting tighter.
In post 5887, Thestatusquo wrote:Unless the gunsmith thing was also just fake. I suppose thats actually probably more likely. Hard to know where the real ends and the reaction test begins.
i dont actually have a n2 result. if people really want to alleviate the ~burning air of mystery~ i can just claim if its deemed necessary
scamper
scamper
he/him
Mafia Scum
scamper
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6115 (isolation #300) » Wed Sep 21, 2022 12:26 pm

Post by scamper »

In post 5928, Datisi wrote:lmfao okay, i thought it was a Hot New Mafia Term that i wasn't aware of

i did note in my mind that if irrel is scum, then he spent a decent amount of time day one loldistancing with his buddies (vpb, gamma), which like, i don't know *why* you'd do that and irrel doesn't strike me as a player who would prioritize something like that as scum

i guess? i'm fine leaving shea alone for now, especially if the majority also says so
he did some token distancing early on in the most recent scum game i could find but it was also from 4 years ago
scamper
scamper
he/him
Mafia Scum
scamper
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6117 (isolation #301) » Wed Sep 21, 2022 12:30 pm

Post by scamper »

In post 5947, Something_Smart wrote:
In post 5945, Datisi wrote:okay, then do something that is hard for you to replicate as scum?
*gestures at my ISO*
xcuse me? wut have u done this game that is hard for u to replicate as scum?
scamper
scamper
he/him
Mafia Scum
scamper
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6118 (isolation #302) » Wed Sep 21, 2022 12:30 pm

Post by scamper »

i should probably read before replying, nvm that
scamper
scamper
he/him
Mafia Scum
scamper
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6120 (isolation #303) » Wed Sep 21, 2022 12:33 pm

Post by scamper »

i do not really like the actual reasons in but w/e this probably isnt helpful to talk about
scamper
scamper
he/him
Mafia Scum
scamper
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6129 (isolation #304) » Wed Sep 21, 2022 12:54 pm

Post by scamper »

i have almost no townreads i feel confident about beyond the consensus ones which is fun™. i had GL but the recent pages gave me Doubts and now im a bit adrift

if we can correctly trim the poe down to 6 names we should be good but there's a lot to review
scamper
scamper
he/him
Mafia Scum
scamper
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6161 (isolation #305) » Wed Sep 21, 2022 1:54 pm

Post by scamper »

i think DV looks moderately ok from how he was pestering gamma

not, like, impossible to be out of the realm of bussing while knowing he's likely to not get listened to be i wouldnt wanna flip hm right away

i feel like its probably wiser to resolve the 'easy' looking answers before deciding if someone was bussing
scamper
scamper
he/him
Mafia Scum
scamper
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6162 (isolation #306) » Wed Sep 21, 2022 1:56 pm

Post by scamper »

In post 6159, Cat Scratch Fever wrote:I kind of think Menalque might be scum too :(. I don't townread his reaction to the scamper gambit and think he could have plausibly faked not knowing the slot already claimed VT. he replaced in during the night after all.
i kind of agree but other people were saying it was townie so i thought i might just be crazy

i think he'll probably(?) get easier to read given a little so im ok with not flipping him right away but i'd still have him in the poe especially given gammas handling of obscure
scamper
scamper
he/him
Mafia Scum
scamper
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6163 (isolation #307) » Wed Sep 21, 2022 1:56 pm

Post by scamper »

*given a little time ebwop
scamper
scamper
he/him
Mafia Scum
scamper
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6169 (isolation #308) » Wed Sep 21, 2022 2:07 pm

Post by scamper »

In post 6165, Cat Scratch Fever wrote:While I have you scamper, who are the consensus townreads you mentioned in ?
nero/ausuka (and dats and u but thats mech obv)
scamper
scamper
he/him
Mafia Scum
scamper
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6175 (isolation #309) » Wed Sep 21, 2022 2:18 pm

Post by scamper »

In post 6171, Frogsterking wrote:This type of pushing is present in HDP, as well as a lot of promises to deliver invaluable reads on certain players (Galron and Mala in particular). He shows a lot more conventional attempts at scum hunting in his scum game than he does in games like this. In this game and the other Town game I played with him I'd describe his play as agnostic, like he's not convinced players can actually form reads which aren't made up.
im reading he mini normal and he actually did produce reads there (and votes)
scamper
scamper
he/him
Mafia Scum
scamper
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6176 (isolation #310) » Wed Sep 21, 2022 2:19 pm

Post by scamper »

In post 6172, Cat Scratch Fever wrote:I could really use a VC
sure ill just updated the most re-oh we havent had one since day start

ok
scamper
scamper
he/him
Mafia Scum
scamper
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6180 (isolation #311) » Wed Sep 21, 2022 2:27 pm

Post by scamper »

unofficial vc 3.1

Something_Smart (5): Nero Cain, fireisredsir, GuiltyLion, Ydrasse, DeasVail
fireisredsir (3): Datisi, Menalque, Thestatusquo
Menalque (2): Dannflor, Frogsterking
Datisi (1): Ausuka

Not voting (3): scamper, Cat Scratch Fever, Something_Smart

note: votes are not necessarily in the order they were placed
scamper
scamper
he/him
Mafia Scum
scamper
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6302 (isolation #312) » Thu Sep 22, 2022 6:57 am

Post by scamper »

In post 6300, Thestatusquo wrote:@scamper what would it take for you to get reinvested in this game.
i am invested, i've just been a bit busy so i've been in observer mode for a bit. im just not sure i have any startling insights to share at this juncture
scamper
scamper
he/him
Mafia Scum
scamper
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6365 (isolation #313) » Thu Sep 22, 2022 12:17 pm

Post by scamper »

In post 6224, Nero Cain wrote:even if we want to argue that refire is a "deepwolf" I'm not sure if going for a hero lim is the best use of the days votes. A slot that no one wants to be in (mena) or someone that's had very little activity until today (SS) seems like it would be a better lim, no?

I still feel like GL might have been distancing from VP but eh, we'll see.
fwiw i basically agree with this and think there are at least some form of associations toward both slots

also think most other people have given me *some* reason to think they are towny and those two just havent

and im not a fan of mena going to lurking the moment the attention on him started to dissipate...
scamper
scamper
he/him
Mafia Scum
scamper
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6369 (isolation #314) » Thu Sep 22, 2022 12:33 pm

Post by scamper »

In post 2328, VP Baltar wrote:
In post 2326, marcistar wrote:vip vote gamma pls
Let's lim GL first, then gamma.
i came back to this post because i wanted to see who was pushing gamma before she did the selfvote and AtE routine (marci and hem so not useful) but i think unless vp was working some sort of 8th dimensional chess routine GL is just town
scamper
scamper
he/him
Mafia Scum
scamper
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6371 (isolation #315) » Thu Sep 22, 2022 12:34 pm

Post by scamper »

In post 6366, fireisredsir wrote:not to feed the "hehe fire is defending scumpartner mena" narrative too much but

his first and last post were like 2 hours apart

idk if that really qualifies as "going to lurking" or that there's any real connection between attention disippating and him leaving, i think he just had a window where he was actively posting and then he hasn't been posting since then

i think the attention on him has been fairly steady
it has been over 24 hours since he last posted
scamper
scamper
he/him
Mafia Scum
scamper
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6375 (isolation #316) » Thu Sep 22, 2022 12:38 pm

Post by scamper »

Datisi, Cat Scratch Fever
Nero Cain, Ausuka
Dannflor, GuiltyLion, Ydrasse
Thestatusquo, Frogsterking
DeasVail, fireisredsir
Something_Smart, Menalque

even wrt DV/fire, they have points going for them that make me doubt as to whther they could be scum...its really just the bottom 2 slots of almost no content, and i dont get why people are even ascribing towniness to an hour of posting from mena when i think the associations between obscure and gamma are pretty bad
scamper
scamper
he/him
Mafia Scum
scamper
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6377 (isolation #317) » Thu Sep 22, 2022 12:38 pm

Post by scamper »

In post 6373, Datisi wrote:i wish i wasn't cleared so that i could argue with people about why my play is definitely town
i mean, i could retract the claim if u want
scamper
scamper
he/him
Mafia Scum
scamper
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6627 (isolation #318) » Fri Sep 23, 2022 12:58 am

Post by scamper »

this slot is a problem regardless of alignment but i still believe it has a more than reasonable chance of flipping scum
scamper
scamper
he/him
Mafia Scum
scamper
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6850 (isolation #319) » Sat Sep 24, 2022 8:43 am

Post by scamper »

um, so
scamper
scamper
he/him
Mafia Scum
scamper
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7009 (isolation #320) » Sun Sep 25, 2022 2:26 pm

Post by scamper »

hi, i need to catch up again
scamper
scamper
he/him
Mafia Scum
scamper
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7010 (isolation #321) » Sun Sep 25, 2022 2:29 pm

Post by scamper »

In post 6842, DeasVail wrote:
In post 6576, Something_Smart wrote:
In post 6564, Frogsterking wrote:It's scum looking for that long shot chance
How does that make any sense? Why wouldn't I just push for Mena if I wanted someone to die who isn't me?
I feel like Something_Smart as town would actually be more survivalist here? Voting Nero seems to me like an attempt at looking town.
fwiw i saw that earlier and i kind of agree with this...
scamper
scamper
he/him
Mafia Scum
scamper
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7011 (isolation #322) » Sun Sep 25, 2022 2:37 pm

Post by scamper »

im not exactly whelmed by those mena posts, the previous pages didnt give me a whole lot to comment on otherwise

id still swap to vote s_s, me voting anyone else today would take a strongly worded case
scamper
scamper
he/him
Mafia Scum
scamper
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7015 (isolation #323) » Sun Sep 25, 2022 6:03 pm

Post by scamper »

In post 7014, DeasVail wrote:I’m at the stage where I think both S_S and Menalque are scummy but I don’t necessarily think they’re scum together and I don’t know how to feel about that.
is there a particular reason u believe they are unaligned?
scamper
scamper
he/him
Mafia Scum
scamper
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7021 (isolation #324) » Mon Sep 26, 2022 3:27 am

Post by scamper »

In post 7016, DeasVail wrote:
In post 7015, scamper wrote:
In post 7014, DeasVail wrote:I’m at the stage where I think both S_S and Menalque are scummy but I don’t necessarily think they’re scum together and I don’t know how to feel about that.
is there a particular reason u believe they are unaligned?
Menalque’s weak reasoning for townreading Firebringer feels a bit blatant for scum
who knows that Fb was scum.

I guess it’s not that unlikely, but idk. It doesn’t feeel like that’s the solve.
i don't necessarily want to get ahead of myself or anything, but *hypothetically* in a world where mena is scum he basically does not expect to endgame and is mostly trying to be confusing. i would put more emphasis on the slot's play from earlier days in terms of looking at potential (un)alignment with other players
scamper
scamper
he/him
Mafia Scum
scamper
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7072 (isolation #325) » Mon Sep 26, 2022 8:46 am

Post by scamper »

VOTE: something_smart
scamper
scamper
he/him
Mafia Scum
scamper
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7174 (isolation #326) » Wed Sep 28, 2022 2:19 pm

Post by scamper »

i'm sorry about last game day

i just got frustrated/impatient because the game seemed to be in a holding pattern of stalling to give mena another day to post content and i snapvoted

i didnt really think there would be such a quick pile-on to my vote and thats my bad for not backing off

im still kind of lost and my wim has gone missing but ill try to reset and see what i can do
scamper
scamper
he/him
Mafia Scum
scamper
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7389 (isolation #327) » Fri Sep 30, 2022 3:09 am

Post by scamper »

sorry for being inactive, i had a busy day yesterday

going to try to digest the cases that have been made now
scamper
scamper
he/him
Mafia Scum
scamper
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7588 (isolation #328) » Mon Oct 03, 2022 12:53 pm

Post by scamper »

well that downtime certainly did not help with my lack of focus in this game...i think the issue is i've kind of positioned myself in a spot where it's hard for me to interact with or pressure people meaningfully, and idk what to to about that. i thought the points frog was making abt fire made at least some degree of sense but i wanna see whatever case fire supposedly had that was in the works
scamper
scamper
he/him
Mafia Scum
scamper
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7592 (isolation #329) » Mon Oct 03, 2022 1:14 pm

Post by scamper »

In post 7589, Thestatusquo wrote:So are you not willing to full claim today?
y does it matter?
scamper
scamper
he/him
Mafia Scum
scamper
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7595 (isolation #330) » Mon Oct 03, 2022 1:22 pm

Post by scamper »

meh. i'm just a mason. i think scum have likely figured this out by now so might as well not be secretive about it. i was ambiguous in an attempt to potentially draw a roleblock or NK but then of course both vigs ended up outing. sorry for any confusion caused by this.
scamper
scamper
he/him
Mafia Scum
scamper
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7596 (isolation #331) » Mon Oct 03, 2022 1:22 pm

Post by scamper »

nero pushing ausuka feels really, really bad to me
scamper
scamper
he/him
Mafia Scum
scamper
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7599 (isolation #332) » Mon Oct 03, 2022 1:26 pm

Post by scamper »

In post 7598, Nero Cain wrote:it's also possible that scum didn't know you were the other mason so great job that. The townplay this game, so stunning.
ok but i had claimed a pr anyway so the difference is...?
scamper
scamper
he/him
Mafia Scum
scamper
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7604 (isolation #333) » Mon Oct 03, 2022 1:33 pm

Post by scamper »

In post 7601, Thestatusquo wrote:I repeat:

So there is no clear on datisi?
there *obviously* is, i wouldn't gambit a play like that

i just wanted to avoid the possibility of him getting vigged because ausuka was tunneling him
scamper
scamper
he/him
Mafia Scum
scamper
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7611 (isolation #334) » Mon Oct 03, 2022 1:36 pm

Post by scamper »

In post 7606, Thestatusquo wrote:
In post 7604, scamper wrote:
In post 7601, Thestatusquo wrote:I repeat:

So there is no clear on datisi?
there *obviously* is, i wouldn't gambit a play like that

i just wanted to avoid the possibility of him getting vigged because ausuka was tunneling him
So you're saying that datisi is your mason partner and not the flipped mason?
are you not able to understand that there are allowed to be more than 2 masons in a game
scamper
scamper
he/him
Mafia Scum
scamper
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7612 (isolation #335) » Mon Oct 03, 2022 1:37 pm

Post by scamper »

like, i'm not sure what you are trying to accomplish here

do u think i possibly could attempt a mason fakeclaim here? as though that wouldn't be immediately outing?
scamper
scamper
he/him
Mafia Scum
scamper
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7617 (isolation #336) » Mon Oct 03, 2022 1:43 pm

Post by scamper »

okay, well, i'm going to not take you seriously if you believe that i would make a claim taht would get instantly countered and out me. if u are town this is ridiculous and incredibly unproductive to be focusing on rn
scamper
scamper
he/him
Mafia Scum
scamper
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7619 (isolation #337) » Mon Oct 03, 2022 1:44 pm

Post by scamper »

In post 7615, Nero Cain wrote:Scamper. During the rxn test on mena you claimed/faked claimed GS. What do you think of Ausuka saying that its dubious that I (and others?) thought you were a GS with an inno on Dats?
i don't think anything of it
fireisredsir wrote:y'all are all town can you chill
i am *fine* ftr
scamper
scamper
he/him
Mafia Scum
scamper
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7623 (isolation #338) » Mon Oct 03, 2022 1:48 pm

Post by scamper »

...we're a mason trio

i had ydrasse as locktown since day 1 and defended her, this is verifiable

i hid datisi toward the bottom of my townreads because i was hiding him but pulled the claim day 2 because i didn't have the energy to argue down ausuka from scumreading him

like, there are crumbs but given there are two of us alive it shouldn't be that necessary
scamper
scamper
he/him
Mafia Scum
scamper
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7625 (isolation #339) » Mon Oct 03, 2022 1:49 pm

Post by scamper »

In post 7616, fireisredsir wrote:y'all are all town can you chill
then who's scum
scamper
scamper
he/him
Mafia Scum
scamper
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7627 (isolation #340) » Mon Oct 03, 2022 1:51 pm

Post by scamper »

In post 7626, Dannflor wrote:I mean I don't think it's shea
(i don't think he's scum either i just wanted to get fire to give an actual answer)
scamper
scamper
he/him
Mafia Scum
scamper
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7633 (isolation #341) » Mon Oct 03, 2022 1:57 pm

Post by scamper »

In post 7631, fireisredsir wrote:
In post 7627, scamper wrote:
In post 7626, Dannflor wrote:I mean I don't think it's shea
(i don't think he's scum either i just wanted to get fire to give an actual answer)
i think ive been p clear lately that i think its frog/mena/GL but maybe not idk
why do you suspect GL
scamper
scamper
he/him
Mafia Scum
scamper
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7636 (isolation #342) » Mon Oct 03, 2022 1:59 pm

Post by scamper »

In post 7635, Nero Cain wrote:
In post 7619, scamper wrote:
In post 7615, Nero Cain wrote:Scamper. During the rxn test on mena you claimed/faked claimed GS. What do you think of Ausuka saying that its dubious that I (and others?) thought you were a GS with an inno on Dats?
i don't think anything of it
Well I mean I think assuming that you were a GS was kinda the normal thought here and several others had mentioned that Dats could be a scum doc since I think most ppl were under the impression that you were a GS. Does it not bother you at all Ausuka didn't seem to think you were a GS?
why should it bother me?
scamper
scamper
he/him
Mafia Scum
scamper
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7640 (isolation #343) » Mon Oct 03, 2022 2:07 pm

Post by scamper »

In post 7638, Nero Cain wrote:I guess where I'm coming from is that most ppl thought you were a GS and if Ausuka is scum that rolecopped you she'd know you weren't a GS but I guess that only makes sense to me.
i think that's a pretty farfetched theory that also relies on the assumption ausuka is completely incapable of hiding being informed about someone's role
scamper
scamper
he/him
Mafia Scum
scamper
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7642 (isolation #344) » Mon Oct 03, 2022 3:00 pm

Post by scamper »

anyway...

i'm going to try to review everyone over the next few days to be sure (minus csf and dats), it's just hard when a game is this dense and i feel like things are kind of...disjointed in terms of all the replacements. would be easier when the game is down to fewer names but i really don't have that luxury

anyawy now that info is out in the open i *want* to say this feels like a 5 scum setup just b/c all the masons, the vigs, and the UB are confirmable town roles which is a lot in a 20p although ofc there's room for friendly fire...but i think generally it's best to play assuming a potential worst case scenario rather than hoping for a less powerful scum team. just keep it in mind for the future
scamper
scamper
he/him
Mafia Scum
scamper
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7671 (isolation #345) » Mon Oct 03, 2022 5:43 pm

Post by scamper »

In post 7650, Thestatusquo wrote:Its like he saw it was MT who replaced in, knew that MT doesn't try very hard as a scum replace in and decided ok time to go gamma even though all the information that he is talking about had been available previously.
i dont think the vote in and of itself is incriminating tbh but i do think his handling of gamma isnt really as clearing as i thought it was
scamper
scamper
he/him
Mafia Scum
scamper
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7682 (isolation #346) » Mon Oct 03, 2022 6:11 pm

Post by scamper »

In post 7675, Dannflor wrote:I am hoping people have had better reasons to town read Nero than just Gamma getting mad at Nero

I've seen Gamma get very emotional towards scum mates more than once
i mean part of it was that i just felt he was expressing real thoughts with the stuff he was going after and getting annoyed that his reads were called bad and stuff, plus in general seemed to be scumreading vpb + gamma

but if you look where his vote actually went and how little effort he put toward convincing people to vote gamma until the replace, its a bit......not great. and i feel like hes been pushing people for shallow reasons and him going after ausuka is pretty icky
scamper
scamper
he/him
Mafia Scum
scamper
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7683 (isolation #347) » Mon Oct 03, 2022 6:11 pm

Post by scamper »

In post 7681, GuiltyLion wrote:I think the Baltar associatives for Nero were good though, I need to reread those but Baltar felt very awkward explaining why he wasn't fighting with Nero and I sorta believe him when he said if they were scum together they'd probably ham up a shitfight

felt very much more like Baltar was playing around Nero
if anything i feel like their conversations were kind of awkward?
scamper
scamper
he/him
Mafia Scum
scamper
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7685 (isolation #348) » Mon Oct 03, 2022 6:26 pm

Post by scamper »

idk, i need sleep

back tomorrow maybe
scamper
scamper
he/him
Mafia Scum
scamper
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7775 (isolation #349) » Wed Oct 05, 2022 3:38 am

Post by scamper »

In post 7690, Ausuka wrote:i agree nero's push on me is ??? but like, i felt the same in the last game we played together and thought he was just tunneling me and that turned out to be correct. and i get a similar feeling in this game.

i feel like this sort of stubborness is the sort of thing i expect from town nero?

i still feel like the push on gamma and her replacing out is not the sort of thing i expect from s/s but it seems like people disagree with that
i guess my big reservation wrt this is - how do u expect him to play as scum? bc i would expect that level of "stubbornness" would not actually be all that hard to emulate and im not particularly willing to give him credit for doing the bare minimum of pushing people
scamper
scamper
he/him
Mafia Scum
scamper
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7776 (isolation #350) » Wed Oct 05, 2022 3:40 am

Post by scamper »

In post 7765, GuiltyLion wrote:VOTE: Menalque

I'm done waiting around for him to do more than he has and I think his latest non-effort felt like a white flag

I want to graduate my townread on Dann from "lazy" to "well justified" but frankly still haven't committed time to do it rigorously yet, but idk the Mena/Frog theory just feels appealing, even if there's a fifth scum the conf pool is large enough that I'm not really worried yet
i haven't gone back to read fire's case yet but my big hangup there is that gamma was doing a thing where he was voting frog while fosing obscure and it seemed unlikely he'd just be bussing both partners in that fashion
scamper
scamper
he/him
Mafia Scum
scamper
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7777 (isolation #351) » Wed Oct 05, 2022 3:51 am

Post by scamper »

admittedly the trajectory on suspicious slots from frog is concerning and a lot of his pushes just feel disingenuous (i went to search his iso and found , which i hate) im just not sure he's scum but i would be fine with flipping him
scamper
scamper
he/him
Mafia Scum
scamper
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7778 (isolation #352) » Wed Oct 05, 2022 3:59 am

Post by scamper »

i think we need to flip mena atp

sorry for being so underwhelming i don't think my brain is turning back on for this game
scamper
scamper
he/him
Mafia Scum
scamper
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7779 (isolation #353) » Wed Oct 05, 2022 4:05 am

Post by scamper »

is titus actually claiming vig because that would kind of explain the lack of csf dying
scamper
scamper
he/him
Mafia Scum
scamper
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7782 (isolation #354) » Wed Oct 05, 2022 4:09 am

Post by scamper »

enchant also feels more like a shot nero would make
scamper
scamper
he/him
Mafia Scum
scamper
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7785 (isolation #355) » Wed Oct 05, 2022 4:24 am

Post by scamper »

if csf is occupying a mafia slot that has been allowed to ride for 3 game days off a vig claim i will blow a gasket

if you are just pulling some weird shenanigans as a replacement i will be mildly annoyed
scamper
scamper
he/him
Mafia Scum
scamper
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7787 (isolation #356) » Wed Oct 05, 2022 4:28 am

Post by scamper »

anyway i guess there is not a *ton* of point in discussing it further, if u are actually a vig then csf should be shot without question. it does kind of mess up potential worldviews that have been developed

ironically this *still* would mean frog is very suspect in my eyes based on stuff wrt hem
scamper
scamper
he/him
Mafia Scum
scamper
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7791 (isolation #357) » Wed Oct 05, 2022 4:34 am

Post by scamper »

In post 7788, Titus wrote:
In post 7787, scamper wrote:anyway i guess there is not a *ton* of point in discussing it further, if u are actually a vig then csf should be shot without question. it does kind of mess up potential worldviews that have been developed

ironically this *still* would mean frog is very suspect in my eyes based on stuff wrt hem
It would.

Can you elaborate on Frog?
basically day 2 i flipped out at hem because he was making awful nonsense shade toward me and was taunting me for no discernible reason, i pulled up a wagon on him and he gave some weird excuse about doing it to help get him into the game, then claimed gated vig, and was pseudo-confirmed by marci claiming a little while later

at the time when i was pulling out the wago on hem frog was trying to pump the brakes on it by calling it a "tilt wagon", which, tbf there was some emotion in it but i did feel like hem being needlessly provocative to me didnt really make sense as coming from town
scamper
scamper
he/him
Mafia Scum
scamper
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7796 (isolation #358) » Wed Oct 05, 2022 4:39 am

Post by scamper »

In post 7792, Dannflor wrote:looking back I wonder if ydrasse was thought to be the actual vig based off her reaction to the HEM claim
ydra had been pulling a thing where she was alluding to being some confirmable role but not hardclaiming it
scamper
scamper
he/him
Mafia Scum
scamper
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7807 (isolation #359) » Wed Oct 05, 2022 4:55 am

Post by scamper »

In post 7801, fireisredsir wrote:
In post 7776, scamper wrote:i haven't gone back to read fire's case yet but my big hangup there is that gamma was doing a thing where he was voting frog while fosing obscure and it seemed unlikely he'd just be bussing both partners in that fashion
yea i remember thinking that felt not S/S/S but like... idk it's probably not out of range for gamma to pull that as scum in an attempted wifom. i dunno if i want to rule them out as a team just off that when a lot of other things make it seem likely

p sure i do remember a certain someone saying that gamma had a bad habit of bussing her whole team as scum

that could be false but i don't want to try to fact check rn
i took a look at lost and it was p conclusively not true there and he tried defending teammates a fair deal there unless they were getting significant pressure in which case he'd bus (which would make that hem vote everyone rightly called gamma out on Notable). that is probably somewhat complicated by it being a hydra but idk not worth spending too much time trying to sort that out

ofc this gets a wrench thrown in the works if csf is scum
scamper
scamper
he/him
Mafia Scum
scamper
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7825 (isolation #360) » Wed Oct 05, 2022 5:09 am

Post by scamper »

In post 7813, Titus wrote:We need CSF here to double down on his claim and put out his reads list.

If CSF doubles down, we let bullets do the talking and eliminate Menalque.
csf is a she ftr
scamper
scamper
he/him
Mafia Scum
scamper
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7829 (isolation #361) » Wed Oct 05, 2022 5:11 am

Post by scamper »

In post 7824, Datisi wrote:
In post 7819, Dannflor wrote:I thought Shea was town slipping originally
if csf is scum
then that could really explain the shea/csf talk that went on shortly after she repped in where he was like "csf claim" and then he went "well ok she reacted very quickly, i think she's town"

bruh
i am going to break down in tears lmao
scamper
scamper
he/him
Mafia Scum
scamper
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7839 (isolation #362) » Wed Oct 05, 2022 5:18 am

Post by scamper »

In post 7827, fireisredsir wrote:lowkey CSF has been scummy since replace in but
In post 7828, Datisi wrote:she was, but i chalked it up to "conftown feeling burned out" because got knows i'm feeling it too

but
i assumed it had to do with "game is impossibly huge at this point and catching up would be incredibly difficult", which would be completely understandable for most players, but certainly i hadn't realized how little she'd done to this point becaue i had stopped paying attention to her slot
scamper
scamper
he/him
Mafia Scum
scamper
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7840 (isolation #363) » Wed Oct 05, 2022 5:18 am

Post by scamper »

In post 7837, GuiltyLion wrote:the one thing that's wild to me is how did HEM know to claim modified vig if he's scum
scum must be informed in some way or have a doc or BP something
or they had just rolecopped marci
scamper
scamper
he/him
Mafia Scum
scamper
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7849 (isolation #364) » Wed Oct 05, 2022 5:23 am

Post by scamper »

VOTE: csf
scamper
scamper
he/him
Mafia Scum
scamper
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7850 (isolation #365) » Wed Oct 05, 2022 5:24 am

Post by scamper »

the best part is the person we would need to yell at here is site banned so we can't do it lol

but fucking hell nero
scamper
scamper
he/him
Mafia Scum
scamper
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7892 (isolation #366) » Wed Oct 05, 2022 7:29 am

Post by scamper »

In post 7891, Ausuka wrote:idk do I need to respond to respond to the question about Nero now
obv not lol
scamper
scamper
he/him
Mafia Scum
scamper
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7959 (isolation #367) » Thu Oct 06, 2022 5:34 am

Post by scamper »

In post 7957, Datisi wrote:i don't think there's much left to say for anyone other than titus/shea, so i'd like the two of you to let us know when you're down. i'd like to keep the game moving along now that we finally feel like playing again
i mean they're both voting csf soooooooooooo.....
scamper
scamper
he/him
Mafia Scum
scamper
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7964 (isolation #368) » Thu Oct 06, 2022 6:13 am

Post by scamper »

personally i would suggesting ending the day and vigging mena before the mod has to replace the slot again
scamper
scamper
he/him
Mafia Scum
scamper
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7968 (isolation #369) » Thu Oct 06, 2022 6:27 am

Post by scamper »

In post 7966, Ausuka wrote:hi guys are we enjoying life
In post 7844, Dannflor wrote:wow this is the most fun this game has been in weeks
scamper
scamper
he/him
Mafia Scum
scamper
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7970 (isolation #370) » Thu Oct 06, 2022 6:32 am

Post by scamper »

:thumbsup:

how r u on this fine day while we await the mod lock
scamper
scamper
he/him
Mafia Scum
scamper
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7983 (isolation #371) » Thu Oct 06, 2022 6:44 am

Post by scamper »

In post 7973, Dannflor wrote:also hot take but D1 scum flips in larges are usually bad for town motivation long term
eh i think data shows flipping scum earlier is better than later (big shock) but it can be harder to find associatives with an early flip
scamper
scamper
he/him
Mafia Scum
scamper
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7984 (isolation #372) » Thu Oct 06, 2022 6:45 am

Post by scamper »

personally my biggest takeaway is it's probably not good play to let scum claim your role for 3 straight days while shooting and pushing consensus town
scamper
scamper
he/him
Mafia Scum
scamper
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7986 (isolation #373) » Thu Oct 06, 2022 6:46 am

Post by scamper »

In post 7975, Ausuka wrote:
In post 7970, scamper wrote::thumbsup:

how r u on this fine day while we await the mod lock
I am ill unfortunately and feel like a potato
im sorry to hear that! i hope u feel better soon
scamper
scamper
he/him
Mafia Scum
scamper
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7987 (isolation #374) » Thu Oct 06, 2022 6:47 am

Post by scamper »

In post 7985, Datisi wrote:
In post 7981, GuiltyLion wrote:mafia game where it starts as 5 people and only one of them is mafia
that's not mafia

also yes, a while ago ducky told me that the ultimate strategy as scum in micros is "lolbus day 1 cruise into yeetlo" and they had a point
>:|
scamper
scamper
he/him
Mafia Scum
scamper
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7989 (isolation #375) » Thu Oct 06, 2022 6:48 am

Post by scamper »