Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #3900 (ISO) » Mon Sep 12, 2022 5:09 am

Post by Something_Smart »

In post 3877, humaneatingmonkey wrote:this is a weird point to make
It is. I was going to chalk it up to him being new, but looking at his profile I guess he isn't? But he also probably isn't that familiar with Ari, or he probably would have recognized that she is often seen as a threat.

Do you think it reads like a premeditated argument?
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
scamper
scamper
he/him
Mafia Scum
scamper
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #3901 (ISO) » Mon Sep 12, 2022 5:10 am

Post by scamper »

In post 3035, Thestatusquo wrote:
In post 3031, scamper wrote:wrt hem: i think nero had a good read on him day 1 when he said he was present but didnt really feel like he was doing all that much. it occurred to me overnight that there was mention of a previous game where he got caught fr being overly aggressive, and as there is some overlap between that game and this one its possible he was trying to avoid being caught on that same thing, but overcompensated by playing very passively instead. his push onto datisi sucks and is lazy, like he picked a tunnel target in the first 10 pages and decided to just stay with it. him shading me for unvoting tsq is also bad.

he posts about vpb, but never commits to a real read on him, asks him a few ez questions and fencesits. i dont ever get the sense hem actually tried to solve vpbs alignment

Spoiler:
In post 278, humaneatingmonkey wrote:Ari, Datisi isn't asking you so I'll ask on his behalf

did you think VP was scummy for not voting Datisi there? do you think it's consistent that Datisi would have assumed what he assumed about you here?
In post 445, humaneatingmonkey wrote:is it just me or ausuka and vpb has this
t en s i o n
In post 483, humaneatingmonkey wrote:
In post 480, VP Baltar wrote:UNVOTE:
VOTE: ausuka
oh there he goes

making the first move
In post 499, humaneatingmonkey wrote:VPB is your scamper vote serious
In post 783, humaneatingmonkey wrote:here's my early game list

Ausuka - likely town
scamper - poe
Juice - waiting for arrival
Datisi - poe
humaneatingmonkey - town ofc
Aristeia - poe
Firebringer - pending to mid-game
Gamma Emerald - pending read on me
Nero Cain - poe
Eiralox - poe
fireisredsir - probably town
GuiltyLion - poe
VP Baltar - poe

marcistar - probably town
xofelf - likely town
skitter30 - likely town
Irrelephant11 - likely town
ydrasse - pending read on early game
Dunnstral - waiting
DeasVail - pending question on datisi townread
In post 837, humaneatingmonkey wrote:
In post 365, VP Baltar wrote:
In post 228, GuiltyLion wrote:
In post 211, Ausuka wrote:I've decided Datisi is scum but we should let him live because he's cool
:up:

Datisi I'm putting you in the penalty box, you're gonna need to start wowing me with some better reads to get out
GL is top town read.
what do you think of Irrellephant, VPB
In post 917, humaneatingmonkey wrote:since we're both high GL, can we vibe and talk casually about the game

what do you think about vpb
In post 924, humaneatingmonkey wrote:
In post 919, GuiltyLion wrote:At times it feels like VPB is just going down intellectual lines of questioning for its own sake instead of like, genuinely seeking an answer that will impact his reads - if that makes sense
this is exactly what i felt as well

im figuring out if it's vpb pushing buttons to generate content or scum trying to fake a push
In post 1086, humaneatingmonkey wrote:did you feel as if vpb's fixation on your gutread was natural?
In post 1167, humaneatingmonkey wrote:VPB where are you on this game
In post 1275, humaneatingmonkey wrote:
In post 1267, VP Baltar wrote:@ HEM - for me it's just like, why even put out a list if like 75% is just saying "poe". I'd probably just say "I'm TRing this person. Or so and so is scummy"

It looks like busy work to post a full list that is just meh.
are you even reading my posts
In post 1281, humaneatingmonkey wrote:
In post 1279, VP Baltar wrote:
In post 1277, humaneatingmonkey wrote:my posts are nothing but that
I'm only talking about your list specifically. Seemed useless, so why even post it? That's what I didn't care for. Think it was a good call out by Nero at the time.
seemed useless? how do you condense your thoughts in one post efficiently? did you even read it in context?
In post 1303, humaneatingmonkey wrote:
In post 1286, VP Baltar wrote:I count 5 reads out of 19 players. Zero scum, or anything generally that doesn't have the flavor of lukewarm milk. It's a pointless list to make other than it looks like effort. I know you're better than that.
to view it as 5/19 is a choice. first of all, if we're using the same unfair standards as you're putting in through, it would be 6/19. second, i dont understand, what would you have expected me to do? third, do you have better reads at that point in the game?

nero said i wasn't doing anything so i showed him where i'm at. why should i make a list later?

meanwhile this is the most baltar had to say about hem:

Spoiler:
In post 1171, VP Baltar wrote:
In post 1167, humaneatingmonkey wrote:VPB where are you on this game
What an incredibly vague question.

I am voting FB. You should too or push a more serious alternative.

There's a lot of faffing going on this game and I'm kinda bored
In post 1222, VP Baltar wrote:
In post 1213, Nero Cain wrote:VP, when did you start thinkng that I was town?
Part of it is cumulative vibes from you being an asshat, which is consistent with my town experience with you obv. (Though certainly fakeable)

For example, your fight with ari seemed absolutely unnecessary.

I also remember feeling better about you when you said something about HEM's list being kind of wishy washy, because that was my same gut reaction when I read it.
In post 1267, VP Baltar wrote:
In post 1261, Nero Cain wrote:I would feel better if you had actually called out HEM in thread instead of retroactively agreeing with me. Or did you call it out, I just don't really remember you doing it.
I didn't call it out at the time because I'm skimming along while I work and just repeating stuff other people have said isn't super useful.

As far as the attitude stuff, I can be a prickly person too! It's definitely not all on you. As much as I joke, I do want to avoid toxic fights if possible because it's probably good to be a grown up. Sometimes I think you intentionally make insults, but I think it's also maybe just your playstyle to try and get reax.

@ HEM - for me it's just like, why even put out a list if like 75% is just saying "poe". I'd probably just say "I'm TRing this person. Or so and so is scummy"

In post 1276, VP Baltar wrote:
In post 1275, humaneatingmonkey wrote:
In post 1267, VP Baltar wrote:@ HEM - for me it's just like, why even put out a list if like 75% is just saying "poe". I'd probably just say "I'm TRing this person. Or so and so is scummy"

are you even reading my posts
Sure.
In post 1279, VP Baltar wrote:
In post 1277, humaneatingmonkey wrote:my posts are nothing but that
I'm only talking about your list specifically. Seemed useless, so why even post it? That's what I didn't care for. Think it was a good call out by Nero at the time.
In post 1286, VP Baltar wrote:
In post 783, humaneatingmonkey wrote:here's my early game list

Ausuka - likely town
scamper - poe
Juice - waiting for arrival
Datisi - poe
humaneatingmonkey - town ofc
Aristeia - poe
Firebringer - pending to mid-game
Gamma Emerald - pending read on me
Nero Cain - poe
Eiralox - poe
fireisredsir - probably town
GuiltyLion - poe
VP Baltar - poe
marcistar - probably town
xofelf - likely town
skitter30 - likely town
Irrelephant11 - likely town
ydrasse - pending read on early game
Dunnstral - waiting
DeasVail - pending question on datisi townread
I count 5 reads out of 19 players. Zero scum, or anything generally that doesn't have the flavor of lukewarm milk. It's a pointless list to make other than it looks like effort. I know you're better than that.
In post 1304, VP Baltar wrote:
In post 1303, humaneatingmonkey wrote:why should i make a list later?
Because it might contain useful information later about your viewpoint later.

In other news, I agree with scamper that the Erialox wagon seems Zzzzzz.

Vote FB.
In post 2363, VP Baltar wrote:pedit: I see this is unrequested, but I don't care because I'm fooking trying. Datisi, I don't think your reads actually closely align with GL would be my takeaway. 4-5 of his top scum reads are on the town side of your triangle (even if some are lower confidence), so you might want to rethink how you're viewing him.
In post 1939, Datisi wrote:
humaneatingmonkey
- the main reason why i'm townreading this slot if because his thoughts on me and around me make sense, see my . otherwise, this seems like a... quiet-town game from him. what i mean is, i don't get the feeling that he's trying to brute force or shitpush things through, and i feel like there were several moments he could've gone more aggressive (like on his push on me) and did not do that. and my impression of him as a scum player is that he *would* have done that. so i'm fine lowkey townbinning him for now.

monkey is town probably.

he never really gives much of a real read on hem, just agrees with nero when nero calls his list bad, and then they have an incredibly tepid argument that goes nowhere. then somehow in a later post he calls hem town and never elaborates on why

so i think hem looks compatible as a partner with vpb, i dont have any good reasons to townread him, if someone who townreads him could give an explanation beyond "he posts a lot" and "has chill vibes", id love to hear it
I made a post in response to gammas scum read:
In post 2960, Thestatusquo wrote:
In post 2942, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 2815, Dannflor wrote:Gamma why is HEM scum
he's basically felt fake all game to me, between the overly verbose post I called out early and his approach to me
there's also a slight meta aspect, he feels rather reactive, which I attribute to his scumgame
It feels like you're making a squishy meta feels case here that involves actively ignoring a lot of what HEM is actually doing in order to accomplish it, so the read doesn't feel real to me either.

To me, looking through HEMs posts theres a lot of stuff which is interesting novel thoughts on game and relation to the alignment of others that would be really strange to come from a scum player and hard to fake because they involve breaking the flow of the game which in some cases would be detrimental to scum.
In post 2727, humaneatingmonkey wrote:
In post 2710, scamper wrote:UNVOTE:

while i am still very suspicious of the relly slot i feel like i dont need to dogpile someone who has just replaced in
i wonder if this is a direct reaction to TSQ mentioning that scum loves to dogpile replacements
Take this post, for example. Why would scum HEM feel the need to point this out at this time? Unless you think he and I are buddies there's very little reason that HEM would think this is a good topic of conversation for town to take, because it detracts from the momentum of the suspicion of me. Like, I guess you are saying that you think HEM and I are buddies because its a game solve but when I read back on HEMs iso theres a lot of stuff like this that individually seems like pointing out little things that are interesting for the town to think about.

I don't see a lot of scum motivation for a lot of HEMs posting, and I think its hard to fake because its not like not doing this stuff will get you scum read and the effects on the game are net negative for scum.
oh, i forgot shea made an immediate awful defense of hem that doesnt really make sense
T3
T3
He/him
Survivor
T3
He/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3902 (ISO) » Mon Sep 12, 2022 5:10 am

Post by T3 »

Something_Smart (5): GuiltyLion, Frogsterking, fireisredsir, Ydrasse, humaneatingmonkey
obscure (3): Dannflor, Thestatusquo, Ausuka
Thestatusquo (2): Gamma Emerald, Datisi
DeasVail (1): obscure
marcistar (1): DeasVail
Dannflor (1): Nero Cain
Nero Cain (1): Enchant
humaneatingmonkey (1): scamper
Not voting (2): Something_Smart, marcistar
Day 1 will end in (expired on 2022-09-18 20:44:00)
Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Pronoun: it/he

Post Post #3903 (ISO) » Mon Sep 12, 2022 5:11 am

Post by Datisi »

i still want to murder between s_s and shea, but if killing the monkey is what this thread needs, i will not cry about it
I will straight up disregard all reason if you have a PR dream again. You can come back and be like, “I dreamt that Locke is a N2 Bulletproof Multitasking Cop and Self-Targeting Doctor,” and I will go, “Okay, Locke kill it is then.”
~M
humaneatingmonkey
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3904 (ISO) » Mon Sep 12, 2022 5:12 am

Post by humaneatingmonkey »

In post 3900, Something_Smart wrote:
It is. I was going to chalk it up to him being new, but looking at his profile I guess he isn't? But he also probably isn't that familiar with Ari, or he probably would have recognized that she is often seen as a threat.

i think it's a fake read because it's too narrow to make. why would anyone think ari only has to die if she gets 1 scum right? why is that so specific?
humaneatingmonkey
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3905 (ISO) » Mon Sep 12, 2022 5:12 am

here we go, show yourselves fiends

awoo awoo
scamper
scamper
he/him
Mafia Scum
scamper
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3906 (ISO) » Mon Sep 12, 2022 5:13 am

Post by scamper »

In post 3900, Something_Smart wrote:

1. i've played a lot with ari, this is an alt (if the whole "pretending to be like skitter" thing was not a tip off, although i'm not doing that as much now)
2. i am aware she is perceived as a threat. i still do not think she is especially likely to die night 1 if she is mostly inaccurate, but i recognize this is not a rock solid argument, but mostly a speculative one
Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Post Post #3907 (ISO) » Mon Sep 12, 2022 5:13 am

Post by Datisi »

still sticking to that datisi scumread you decided on back on like page 5, eh?
I will straight up disregard all reason if you have a PR dream again. You can come back and be like, “I dreamt that Locke is a N2 Bulletproof Multitasking Cop and Self-Targeting Doctor,” and I will go, “Okay, Locke kill it is then.”
~M
scamper
scamper
he/him
Mafia Scum
scamper
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3908 (ISO) » Mon Sep 12, 2022 5:13 am

Post by scamper »

In post 3905, humaneatingmonkey wrote:here we go, show yourselves fiends

awoo awoo
fake scum bravado
Ydrasse
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
*twirls hair*
Pronoun: She

Post Post #3909 (ISO) » Mon Sep 12, 2022 5:14 am

Post by Ydrasse »

i ordered a hot chocolate
☠︎︎
one flesh, one end.
scamper
scamper
he/him
Mafia Scum
scamper
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3910 (ISO) » Mon Sep 12, 2022 5:14 am

Post by scamper »

In post 3907, Datisi wrote:still sticking to that datisi scumread you decided on back on like page 5, eh?
hes blatantly not attempting to solve the game

his reads have been frozen in ice since 15 pages into day 1 or whatever, he hasnt attempted to process or evaluate anything new
scamper
scamper
he/him
Mafia Scum
scamper
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3911 (ISO) » Mon Sep 12, 2022 5:15 am

Post by scamper »

i am basically not going to shut up ever now until there are 9 votes on hem
humaneatingmonkey
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3912 (ISO) » Mon Sep 12, 2022 5:15 am

see you back in 24 hours
if that wagon isn't a meter high, i'll be disappointed
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #3913 (ISO) » Mon Sep 12, 2022 5:16 am

In post 3906, scamper wrote:this is an alt (if the whole "pretending to be like skitter" thing was not a tip off, although i'm not doing that as much now)
I did assume that, but only by clicking on your profile and reading your sig.

I can easily see scum being afraid of Ari becoming more accurate, or VPB being afraid of Ari laser-focusing on him, or scum feeling in a good spot and wanting to kill a consensus town player (assuming that she was), or some combination of the three.
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
obscure
obscure
he
Goon
obscure
he
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: he

Post Post #3914 (ISO) » Mon Sep 12, 2022 5:16 am

Post by obscure »

In post 3892, Dannflor wrote:
In post 3883, obscure wrote:not necessarily townreading.. it just to me comes off as building a case on someone who would be very easy to execute rather than going for actual mafia. like, i don't think there's been a lot of meat behind it beyond latching onto status's idea of me faking being new.. i don't think i've done anything scummy either aside from not be as engaged with the thread as other people.. but, that's due to availability, and some of it being overwhelmed by volume.
your reaction there triggered me to look more closely at you but my main problem is that you've taken 0 hard stances or significant pushes

from my standpoint, you seem content to constantly be pointing at things and giving some analysis but not really acting on any of it with significant fervor. now, this *could* very well be for a combination of factors, your newness to the format, or your inability to keep up with the game

but I cannot shake the feeling that even when you are engaging with stuff, it's more superficial than not.

honestly, I'd rather see you focus sorting out your scum reads and making a concerted push somewhere than defending yourself here. or talking more about why you're for or against the current main wagons. I think it would be more productive for everyone

and I mean if I'm the one you scum read, why aren't you voting me?
on the red: why does this make me mafia and not a town who is disengaged? like, i don't think that it would be particularly difficult to fake pushes as mafia, it seems like mafia 101. but, i have had some stances, they just aren't hard/strong due to not having read enough to make that call.

on the purple: fair enough. i'm trying to real-time so i can get a better feel of things without feeling like it's a huge task to ISO and such, i'm just trying to enjoy myself more.
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3915 (ISO) » Mon Sep 12, 2022 5:17 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 3904, humaneatingmonkey wrote:why would anyone think ari only has to die if she gets 1 scum right? why is that so specific?
did you misphrase this or something

scamper's point was Ari probably had at least another scum in her scumreads, not just 1
"I think I no longer believe in monsters as faces in the floor or feral infants or vampires or whatever. I think at seventeen now I believe the only real monsters might be the type of liar where there's simply no way to tell. The ones who give nothing away"
obscure
obscure
he
Goon
obscure
he
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3916 (ISO) » Mon Sep 12, 2022 5:18 am

Post by obscure »

In post 3848, T3 wrote:Image

Something_Smart (6): GuiltyLion, Frogsterking, scamper, fireisredsir, Ydrasse, humaneatingmonkey
obscure (3): Dannflor, Thestatusquo, Ausuka
Thestatusquo (2): Gamma Emerald, Datisi
DeasVail (1): obscure
marcistar (1): DeasVail
Dannflor (1): Nero Cain
Not voting (3): Something_Smart, marcistar, Enchant
Day 1 will end in (expired on 2022-09-18 20:44:00)
Mod notes: this was right near my school :facepalm:
who is S_S in for? i'll ISO them first.
Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Post Post #3917 (ISO) » Mon Sep 12, 2022 5:18 am

Post by Datisi »

VOTE: hem

insert "sheeping a wolf" joke here
~M
humaneatingmonkey
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3918 (ISO) » Mon Sep 12, 2022 5:18 am

In post 3915, GuiltyLion wrote:
In post 3904, humaneatingmonkey wrote:why would anyone think ari only has to die if she gets 1 scum right? why is that so specific?
did you misphrase this or something

scamper's point was Ari probably had at least another scum in her scumreads, not just 1
oh okay

well that makes much more sense i guess
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3919 (ISO) » Mon Sep 12, 2022 5:19 am

Post by Dannflor »

In post 3916, obscure wrote:who is S_S in for? i'll ISO them first.
firebringer
scamper
scamper
he/him
Mafia Scum
scamper
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3920 (ISO) » Mon Sep 12, 2022 5:19 am

Post by scamper »

i'm annoyed reading back that i made that post about hem asking if anyone had any actual good reason to townread him and the only response i got was from shea defending him and everyone else blew it off

and people were acting like i was crazy for saying the threadstate sucks and people aren't really communicating

so i reiterate again: if anyone has actual good reason to townread hem beyond him posting a lot, speak up, otherwise i want u to vote hem
obscure
obscure
he
Goon
obscure
he
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3921 (ISO) » Mon Sep 12, 2022 5:19 am

Post by obscure »

oh i'm dumb i went to find an old vote and didn't notice it was just reposting =p
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #3922 (ISO) » Mon Sep 12, 2022 5:21 am

In post 3835, GuiltyLion wrote:what I'm looking for mainly is some type of commitment to a wagon that you think has a chance of happening

whether that's obscure, TSQ, or somebody else specifically is less material to whether I understand who you think is the best flip for the game and why, and whether you're taking action to make that happen

I know you indicated a townread on Shea, so for me it's like - would you vote obscure? Why or why not? If not, why are you seemingly ok with him being at risk of lim and not pushing any alternatives that you think are better?

in a realistic sense voting obscure and then obscure flipping red would go a decent way towards weakening my scumread. I just won't have any reason to townread you until I can start to believe that you are trying to eliminate mafia
Certainly in some cases, I could demonstrate commitment by remaining flexible, no? I think I'm fine with starting on obscure, but if something else came up that looked more promising, I would think that I could show a desire to eliminate scum more by switching than by stubbornly staying.

There are of course complicating factors. We still have almost a week, by solidifying wagons on objectively LHF slots we do a lot to stifle pushes against players who might otherwise be harder to catch. That's generally why I'm reticent with my vote until late-ish in the day. I am getting the feeling that some people think we are in the "determining major wagons" phase and some people think we are in the "consolidating on major wagons" phase, and the latter are annoyed that the former are not consolidating.

I would vote obscure, but I think that could end up being pretty detrimental if he's town, and while I don't have any particular reason to believe that he is, the numbers say it's likely. (Plus, in my experience, if town doesn't have a clear direction after an early scumflip, they're likely to get a lot of misses. Might not hold as much if it was a vig shot, but I know the leading wagon is on town, at least.)
obscure
obscure
he
Goon
obscure
he
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3923 (ISO) » Mon Sep 12, 2022 5:21 am

Post by obscure »

also part of why i think deasveil can actually be mafia is they've been similarly disengaged/low activity, but it's been me who has been pushed and voted rather than them - which feels like easy in a state where they have protection from partners.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #3924 (ISO) » Mon Sep 12, 2022 5:22 am

In post 3908, scamper wrote:fake scum bravado
why is it that and not real town bravado? I have a hard time imagining those manifesting differently in this situation.

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”