Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner

Team Mafia Winner

Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #9887 (isolation #0) » Tue Aug 14, 2018 8:22 pm

Post by Ausuka »

hello!

i'm not really going to read 400 pages I think; is there anything specific I should be looking at?
Reach for my hand, I'll soar away into the dawn
Ausuka
Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner

Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner

Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #9905 (isolation #1) » Tue Aug 14, 2018 9:27 pm

Post by Ausuka »

drixx early stuff is nullish; from a perspective of not really knowing much about the game nothing stands out. later stuff / the push on muffin feels genuine. i would place him as a townlean.

w/ hebi I dislike ; i think town would try and do something there, rather than literally make a RVS vote that doesn't really matter. saying that 1-9 seems fine also seems weird; she later seems to clarify that she has a TR on him but in that case I don't understand why she doesn't just outright say "oh I'm townreading 1-9" rather than saying "I townread X and Y.

1-9 seems fine."

she also seems to kinda walk that read back later but doesn't really end up doing anything with the read. like, she doesn't seem to look into 1-9 any further despite apparently thinking his posts are weird/having doubts about him.

not really a fan of the "titus is either scum or not scum" position she had d2.

the muffin and mylo pushes are both kinda :/ considering one was apparently a pl and one's a chronic lurker and everyone knows it.

gamma's iso is really long :/ all of his posts seem to be consistently useless or close to it and his questions lack follow-up. is :neutral: and apparently his only push up to this point??? makes me wonder why he's voting for katsuki who is joking around rather than an actual scumread he has. i guess titus push is a plus point for him.
In post 1376, Gamma Emerald wrote:Is that enough reasoning to cut through your foolishness?
what is this? and the post is also when numbers was emerging as the biggest wagon? :igmeou:
In post 2087, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 1831, NicoRobin wrote:I don't really feel like playing this anymore

Replace out
Wait what
I recall some sort of meta wrt Yume replace outs meaning something but I forget the exact rule
i guess this is fairly towny?
In post 2259, Gamma Emerald wrote:you revisionist history scam
:igmeou:
In post 2503, Gamma Emerald wrote:Is there anything particularly wrong with the idea of a {Sando, Titus, Shiro, BBmolla} team?
pretty sure he was against assuming 5 scum earlier?
In post 2504, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 2471, Shiro wrote:It's 3ven worse that you think I wanted to lynch master scum hunter katsuki as scum hm when I have never even played with katsuki.
never played with katsuki :fry: excuse me if that's hard to believe
If he's played with Katsuki before I'm not sure why he spent most of d1 pushing him for low content.

i guess i could be like confbiased at this point but it seems scummy that he's like pushing sando over titus d3? that was his main push for a while and like he still clearly remembers it but he seems to have decided that he'll be pushing sando instead?

i do kinda like how he places the vote on titus that makes it bigger than sando and makes her the more likely lynch.
In post 7550, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 7517, Toogeloo wrote:I find it odd that I triggered FA so easily.
I also find it humorous that stun has got me at 100% scum locked.

I will be flipping town. Hold on to your butts.

Vote: Toogeloo
haha you didn't even hammer you scumfuck
fake?

w/creature: dislike the way he's willing to lynch muffin/mylo/sando; iirc those were the major wagons at the time. never voted titus so ???

feel like i'm probably scumreading too many people but whatever. i should probably go read mechanics posts and look at the mylo wagon because he's supreme lynchbait and mafia probs jumped on that.
Ausuka
Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner

Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner

Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #9906 (isolation #2) » Tue Aug 14, 2018 9:28 pm

Post by Ausuka »

In post 9903, the worst wrote:
In post 9887, Ausuka wrote:hello!

i'm not really going to read 400 pages I think; is there anything specific I should be looking at?
just ISO your predecessor
lol jks

you're very likely town and have been leader by slot twice so probably have some superpower business going on which I think FA has already confirmed but just keep it to yourself unless someone else who's probably town tells you to talk about it

also this game has too many pages for life so we're gonna blow heaps of people the fuck up

welcome to the party!!
hi duckling <3
Ausuka
Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner

Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner

Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #9907 (isolation #3) » Tue Aug 14, 2018 9:36 pm

Post by Ausuka »

In post 3813, The Dream Weaver wrote:
Myloninja13 (LYNCH):
zMuffinMan, Sakura Hana, the worst, hebichan, Kokichi Oma,
Shiro
, Toranaga, Nancy Drew 39, Katsuki, MathBlade, Gamma Emerald
As it happens Shiro is the only flipped player on this wagon :neutral:

not sure how much i can interpret from this actually. oh well.
Ausuka
Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner

Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner

Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #9917 (isolation #4) » Wed Aug 15, 2018 5:51 am

Post by Ausuka »

continuing reads in the PoE pool:

kokichi is a town lean. feels kinda genuine + i think scum bussing would really try to milk it more? like, i'm not saying scum never plays that way, but it just feels like he isn't really making an effort to look town. i'd be interested to hear where his reads are at now? (also is creature town based on meta really? like it feels like he as town according to his town meta is generally in the top few posters rather than 14th and transformers is also something to take into account.)

Nosferatu is solidly town. He has the aggressive and genuine tone I'd expect to see from town!nos and I'm not sure if scum!nos is that keen on suicide bombing when he doesn't seem to be under that much pressure.

Theta Alpine based on just her ISO is v meh. she feels much less genuine w/ the bomb thing than nos is for some reason? and she never actually seems interested in sorting the game. I don't get these feelings from her as town and I am generally able to townread her. looking at the OP she replaced Muffinman who admittedly is towny based on the fact he was pushing both Ircher and Titus on D1.

the worst, uh, feels like town? his ISO is too long for me to like dive into it but like he seems to have a towny sort of engagement to him and a good tone.

rn from the PoE pool I'd pick 3 of {Creature, hebi, Gamma, theta}

The townpool seems to be controversial. is it too much to ask for a summary of why all those players are locktown, nero (and anyone else who gave support to the pool)?
Ausuka
Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner

Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner

Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #9918 (isolation #5) » Wed Aug 15, 2018 5:55 am

Post by Ausuka »

In post 9912, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 9905, Ausuka wrote:475 is and apparently his only push up to this point???
I'll have you know around the start of the game I had a system going where I kept my questions logged and pushed for answers to them
ok so can you show me like what you did with the answers to those questions? it's definitely possible I missed something but?
Ausuka
Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner

Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner

Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #9934 (isolation #6) » Wed Aug 15, 2018 7:19 am

Post by Ausuka »

In post 9924, Creature wrote:but I'm here if you want to sort me with interactions rather than post count ranking.
Yeah I was just saying that it's hard to say that you are obvtown by meta alone.

Who should I vote?

(Also if everyone bombs each other who wins the game :twisted: )
Ausuka
Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner

Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner

Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #9938 (isolation #7) » Wed Aug 15, 2018 7:22 am

Post by Ausuka »

Right which is why I think your PM may be red :(
Ausuka
Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner

Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner

Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #9954 (isolation #8) » Wed Aug 15, 2018 7:52 am

Post by Ausuka »

In post 9939, Creature wrote:
In post 9934, Ausuka wrote:Who should I vote?
Kokichi felt the best lynch for me, but I could also do hebichan.
Sell me on Kokichi? Not really feeling it.

tbh I'm pretty bad with mechanics so I'm willing to just go with what the majority wants especially since I'm not really involved in the bomb plans regardless.
Ausuka
Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner

Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner

Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #9965 (isolation #9) » Wed Aug 15, 2018 9:44 am

Post by Ausuka »

I plan to vote Toranga for leader since he seems to want it and he's also towny. I need to look at MB at some point but not sure I can sort through 1130 posts. I'll dedicate some time to reading about the earlier mechanics and try to understand what's best to do mechanically.
Ausuka
Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner

Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner

Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #10169 (isolation #10) » Thu Aug 16, 2018 7:47 am

Post by Ausuka »

If Kokichi doesn't stop being useless I'll hammer him.
Ausuka
Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner

Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner

Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #10193 (isolation #11) » Thu Aug 16, 2018 8:53 am

Post by Ausuka »

In post 10172, Nero Cain wrote:
In post 10151, Nero Cain wrote:please look at these
Ausuka

Spoiler:
In post 8390, Nero Cain wrote: Is the reason I :igmeou: 'd at Drixx.
In post 2136, Drixx wrote:This went on for way too much. As someone who is friend to both of you:
I kinda didn't like this that much. Like I could see him try to diffuse this fight between FA and Titus. He also kinda fencesits on her.
In post 2136, Drixx wrote:This post makes it look like you don't actually want to be playing forum mafia. Like ... if you think content coming from a certain slot is worthless to you, then just scroll right on by. No need for this crap.
This ends up making me wonder if you're just making posts like this for LAMIST or something
I didn't really like how he scolds at ZZ here. It doesn't really feel like scumhunting. I also feel like the bolded is ridiculously dumb and buzzword heat and not a town thought process.
In post 2136, Drixx wrote:That would be a really good way to get me (and probably others) to decide you need to eat rope. You cannot wind someone up and keep pushing them and then invoke policy lynch on them because they took your bait. It's dirty play.
This is what made me really suspicious, he's threatening ZZ with a lynch for pushing a Titus lynch.
In post 2136, Drixx wrote:This post feels like so much hedging from someone who is informed. Gut doesn't like.
fusses @ Tor for fussing @ Titus.

In post 2141, Drixx wrote:
In post 2139, zMuffinMan wrote:who did you vote for leader drixx?
The sad part is that you probably think you have some kind of "gotcha!" here. Whom I voted for is self-evident. You shouldn't have to ask because you should already know.
b/c he voted for Titus?
In post 1832, Drixx wrote:I guess I need to go diving on Titus now. I could see her doing this as scum and turning the WiFoM to her favor. I could also see several players in this list who would know putting Titus as leader right now would introduce a ton of confusion.
And it has
more fence sit.

Could someone explain th bold, how did electing Titus as leader cause confusion? Is this scumDrixx that knows scum is the leader and it will cause confusion.
In post 2146, Drixx wrote:But seriously ... Cerb being night killed early is literally always a reason to suspect me.
Does scumDrixx WIFOM a kill like this?
In post 3090, Drixx wrote:Sando you got voted because you were literally intentionally winding Titus up to no possible town purpose.
voting someone for attacking Titus. Anyone notice a pattern yet?

kinda skimmed the rest of his ISO but I'm not really seeing much (any?) scumhunting. Mostly just defending himself and trying to figure out if Shiro had some wich I could see scum trying to do b/c it informs them about the setup. Part of me wants to say "Titus pushing back on Drixx makes a Titus/Drixx team not a thing" but that whole "anyone thats means to Titus or scumreads her I'll lynch" kinda irks me. Is that too obvious for scumbuddies? But then Toog is getting plenty of heat for defending Titus but Drixx isn't, so is Toog a scum led wagon?

There were a few kinda other sketchy things like he keeps telling ppl good post and stuff and kinda buddies his way through the game.

But defiantly our limited back and forth did play a huge role in my scum read.

-ignore this guy, he can't read me

-is this true?

-Nero is lying/being selective

-look at all this evidence that proves this isn't
exactly
true.

-haha, I was just joking. Don't be so serious.

Nero after reading that- :igmeou:
In post 8922, Nero Cain wrote:Butchering quotes since I thought this might be easier to read.
In post 8883, Drixx wrote:
This is horrible logic Nero
. The very first person Cerb would suspect when he dies is me. I think
I flat out said that a scum me would kill Cerb out of the game pretty much all the time
So basically, you're saying not to suspect you but that you'd still make the kill? The rest of that is just a jumple of nothing important so I'm skipping it.

In post 8390, Nero Cain wrote:
In post 2136, Drixx wrote:This went on for way too much. As someone who is friend to both of you:
I kinda didn't like this that much. Like I could see him try to diffuse this fight between FA and Titus. He also kinda fencesits on her.
In post 8883, Drixx wrote:1.) You really should go look at Space Dandy 2 if you want to understand why I would try and calm shit down when Titus is being wound up. That shit was unpleasant. None of us are playing this hobby to add stress to our life. I'm quite aware that many scum use that kind of thing as a technique but if you go looking I think you're going to find I have a pretty solid ethical line when it comes to abusing "personal" or "real life" things for gain when I'm scum. I find it pretty distasteful and have not at all enjoyed when stuff that wasn't really part of the game (or shouldn't have been) was used by scum against me. I try not to do it. You can take my word for that or go do some research.
"Scum do use this tactic but not me. Scouts honor!"
In post 2136, Drixx wrote:This post makes it look like you don't actually want to be playing forum mafia. Like ... if you think content coming from a certain slot is worthless to you, then just scroll right on by. No need for this crap.
This ends up making me wonder if you're just making posts like this for LAMIST or something
I didn't really like how he scolds at ZZ here. It doesn't really feel like scumhunting. I also feel like the bolded is ridiculously dumb and buzzword heat and not a town thought process.
In post 8883, Drixx wrote:2.) I'm not generally a buzzwords player. It's also amusing and perhaps a bit ironic to see you refer to LAMIST as a buzzword coming from me. As far as I'm aware, nobody knew what that meant the first half dozen times I used it when I first migrated to this site. Is it a "buzzword" if it came to the site from me?
LAMIST has been a buzzword for like ever man. I kinda feel like you're replying but not really
REPLYING
. Like what do the origins of LAMIST have to do with anything much less me criticizing you for your fake sounding scum read on Muffin. I mean how in the world was an attempt at trying to look town? It feels like you were setting up for the Muffin push instead of trying to find actual earnest reasons that Muffin could have rolled a red pm.
In post 2136, Drixx wrote:That would be a really good way to get me (and probably others) to decide you need to eat rope. You cannot wind someone up and keep pushing them and then invoke policy lynch on them because they took your bait. It's dirty play.
This is what made me really suspicious, he's threatening ZZ with a lynch for pushing a Titus lynch.

In post 2136, Drixx wrote:This post feels like so much hedging from someone who is informed. Gut doesn't like.
fusses @ Tor for fussing @ Titus.

Just a note but he
kinda
ignores both of these. #7 is maybe a reply to these?
In post 2141, Drixx wrote:
In post 2139, zMuffinMan wrote:who did you vote for leader drixx?
The sad part is that you probably think you have some kind of "gotcha!" here. Whom I voted for is self-evident. You shouldn't have to ask because you should already know.
b/c he voted for Titus?
In post 8883, Drixx wrote:3.) It's asinine to suggest I voted for Titus. Everyone else instantly understood that I was saying "of course I voted for Cerb again".
ok sure but there's no way to prove that right? And why not just say that?

In post 1832, Drixx wrote:I guess I need to go diving on Titus now. I could see her doing this as scum and turning the WiFoM to her favor. I could also see several players in this list who would know putting Titus as leader right now would introduce a ton of confusion.
And it has
more fence sit.

Could someone explain th bold, how did electing Titus as leader cause confusion? Is this scumDrixx that knows scum is the leader and it will cause confusion.
In post 8883, Drixx wrote:4.) Titus being elected was an unexpected result. It did actually cause confusion. It's precisely the kind of move Titus makes as scum. She put in a huge effort to make it seem like she had been set up.
Was Titus heavily scum read on d1, I take it yes?

In post 2146, Drixx wrote:But seriously ... Cerb being night killed early is literally always a reason to suspect me.
Does scumDrixx WIFOM a kill like this?
In post 8883, Drixx wrote:
It's not even WiFoM.
It's just the obvious truth. Like anyone alive in game who knows Cerb and I will tell you that I absolutely would kill him as scum. Pretty sure he would kill me also (although he may be cocky enough to try and mislynch me instead or try and sell me a half truth like when he was in a rare hydra with someone else and pulled out a 3P solo win by telling most of a truth). I would say that as any alignment so it's NAI.
b/c you killed him?
In post 3090, Drixx wrote:Sando you got voted because you were literally intentionally winding Titus up to no possible town purpose.
voting someone for attacking Titus. Anyone notice a pattern yet?
In post 8883, Drixx wrote:6.) Again: ask anyone who plays with me regularly how I feel about abuse in forum mafia and how I respond when I see it. Or go look at games which had toxicity. Whether it is aimed at me or involves me or not I will basically ALWAYS stand up and say something about it. Drixx don't play that shit. Attack the play, not the player. -- So much so that I am blacklisted from playing games one of my favorite mods runs because I absolutely wouldn't let some jackhole get away with just abushing the shit out of everyone in the game (said game actually ended up abandoned by said mod because of how toxic it got).
He was scumhunting. This was nothing more than a chainsaw. Don't lie.
In post 8883, Drixx wrote:7.) I never went after anyone for scumreading Titus.
Read my ISO and you'll see me just point out that Titus was essentially logically lockscum when the vote claims for day 2 came out in such a way that scum obviously lied. Townies would have been honest about voting her so the fact that we didn't end up with a clear understanding of who elected her and why was pretty much rock solid reason to have her pretty heavily scum read. Her reaction to the situation was like 99% confirmation she was scum. Scum!Titus tries to handwave things away. Look at SU when Cerb and I caught her slip and she tried to say she was speaking with certainty about a VARSOON mechanic because she had seen the precise role before. Like ... lol. She tried to pull the same kind of thing here. She was "being framed".
I did the strike to show how much you dedicate to trying to sell me on already flipped scum and how little you dedicate to responding-wich is nothing but a boldfaced lie. To begin with, it doesn't matter if Titus was confirmed scum on d2 b/c you are still attacking Titus' attackers.

Muffin wants to pl Titus? Don't do that b/c "That would be a really good way to get me (and probably others) to decide you need to eat rope.", he says. In hindsight, this is really gross. If Titus was "lockscum" why would you be mad at him for wanting to lynch scum?

Sando is scumhunting Titus, "literally intentionally winding Titus up to no possible town purpose."

Tor is scumhunting Titus, accuse him of being scum.

Like, all these quotes are above and its not something I'm making up. Now, something I should have done (that I'll do later) is see if you do all this before you start calling Titus scum b/c you fencesat on her first and from my POV its not an impossible scumplay for you to fence sit and then when public opinion changes you bus her.
In post 8390, Nero Cain wrote: -ignore this guy, he can't read me

-is this true?

-Nero is lying/being selective

-look at all this evidence that proves this isn't exactly true.

-haha, I was just joking. Don't be so serious.
In post 8883, Drixx wrote:8.) I'm pretty sure the most natural reading of my first post quoting you is that it's a joke. At most you could maybe misread it as a reaction test. When I'm actually suggesting someone is scum I tend to do it in something more significant than a one liner of snark.

And ... OF COURSE I argued the point with you when you responded. That's what I do. Like ... that doesn't have any bearing on the fact that I was just being snarky with you. I mean ... you even say that's the "meat" of your read. If that's your meat ... don't rely on it to get you through the winter friend.
Do you feel like there's a disconnect between you being snarky and agnostic while also telling everyone to be polite and civil? You need to practice what you preach, brother.

Its more like the potatoes of my case, the meat is that you threatened to lynch Muffin for wanting to lynch Titus. I assume you'll say "but it was a PL, he was being MEAN!" but that matters not. I guess the salt and pepper would be that you also attacked Tor and Sando. And I guess the sauce would be Hana telling me she liked my case?

(God, I want a steak so bad right now.)

I feel like the way that I see it is a perfectly acceptable version and no one has said otherwise (I think) but it prob doesn't matter that much.
His reply to this was basically a handwave and telling me my case was NAI
I've read that yeah. I think you're tunneling on Drixx tbh. Like, it's totally NAI to try and mediate an argument between your friends- of course you don't want either of them to hate each other or get upset, they're your friends. The thing you call "fencesitting" isn't even game related. And I don't get any of your other points either? Like yeah this is one post that isn't scumhunty, that isn't scummy alone if he's still trying to find scum in other posts. And he isn't threatening muffin for pushing a Titus lynch, he's threatening muffin because he feels muffin is being antitown and not fun to play with. Like, it feels like you're just tunneling on Drixx to me tbh.
Ausuka
Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner

Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner

Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #10195 (isolation #12) » Thu Aug 16, 2018 8:55 am

Post by Ausuka »

VOTE: hebichan
Ausuka
Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner

Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner

Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #10227 (isolation #13) » Thu Aug 16, 2018 10:33 am

Post by Ausuka »

this might just be me being stupid but honestly like I don't really see why scum busses their buddies d1 and d3 then does nothing and volunteers to be lynched? he obviously doesn't care about towncred because he hasn't made an attempt to survive. like he isn't even retracting the selfvote. His actions seem to lack scum motivation. I'd rather lynch hebi I think.
Ausuka
Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner

Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner

Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #10395 (isolation #14) » Thu Aug 16, 2018 10:55 pm

Post by Ausuka »

Confirming that I'll take the bomb tonight. I was going to take tracker but I guess a free dayvig is probably better if I'm going to be the leader.

I don't really like, have a case on hebi as such? I outlined my thoughts on her ISO earlier; her associatives seem awkward, I don't like her hops on Mylo and muffinman. She seems like a more viable wagon than most of my scumreads. I don't know her meta so if that points to town I can hop elsewhere.

I still think Kokichi is town but if he's gonna literally do nothing I can lynch him because he's not providing anything to the town at all.
Ausuka
Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner

Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner

Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #10747 (isolation #15) » Fri Aug 17, 2018 7:38 pm

Post by Ausuka »

Hi so yeah I will follow that plan and vote for nero cain + take the bomber dayvig.

Honestly though I feel like a better usage of our time and energy than making up plans that might backfire is figuring out who we need to use our powers on and lynch i.e who is scum.

I still feel like Kokichi is town and I get a towny feeling from Nosferatu and now Creature too? I'm fine with being overruled on my reads but this is how I feel. Kokichi I've explained, Nos does feel like he's playing to his town meta, and Creature's posting feels genuine like he's really scumhunting? I know he can like inflate his postcount as scum and all now but I think he's town outside of that.

Currently my guess for the scumteam is {Theta/Math} + Gamma Emerald + hebichan. I think Theta's manouvre onto Math is likely not something that comes from scumbuddies? and I think Theta lining up Tor -> Math is also unlikely to come from Theta!scum with Math but I dislike the way Theta voted Tor for like just changing his reads and Math seems like they're more focused on mechanics than finding scum, and Toranga also makes a good point that scum will be making an effort to be townblocced and Math seems more like that than anybody else. Gamma has some towny points in his ISO but overall I think there were a lot of scummy things too + he's scummier than most players in the game. hebichan has a bad ISO and there's nothing towny about her I think.
Ausuka
Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner

Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner

Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #10757 (isolation #16) » Sat Aug 18, 2018 4:29 am

Post by Ausuka »

good luck this afternoon creature!

why do you hate me though :(
Ausuka
Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner

Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner

Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #10839 (isolation #17) » Sat Aug 18, 2018 8:50 am

Post by Ausuka »

In post 10768, MathBlade wrote:For this reason I think we should lynch Hebichan or Nos or Kokichi today and see what reactions that garners. I don’t think there is anyway all of the apathy is town and it is a really good place for scum to hide. How to sort them? Damned if I know how so I am hoping discussion around them will cause some kind of reaction from scum.
I've brought up the fact that I think Kokichi bussing and not trying to look towny subsequently doesn't seem to have any scum motivation. What do you think about that? And if you do tonereads what do you think of Nosferatu's tone?
In post 10775, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:
In post 10757, Ausuka wrote:good luck this afternoon creature!

why do you hate me though :(
Why do you think Creature hates you?
He didn't want me to be the leader. I'm 99.99% sure he's hard townreading my slot like everyone else is; if he isn't you would think that he'd speak up about it when if I'm scum I could win because people tr my slot. So he doesn't want me to be leader because he thinks I'm doing something wrong that makes me bad town and therefore a bad leader; I don't think there's any reason you'd oppose a townread to be leader other than that. I want to know why he feels that way.
In post 10826, Toranaga wrote:UNVOTE: hebichan

we don't even know what the plan is yet. we do need to coordinate this.
As I understand it I need to vote Nero Cain for leader, use phasing on somebody I scumread who is part of the general scumpool, and take suicide bomber as my power.
In post 10832, Toranaga wrote:we're all crazy cause we're playing mafia on MS

let's move on to other subjects

what does me/nancy/6th does at night and who are we electing as 6th?
On the subject of the 6th, I think Creature and Drixx may be options to consider outside of Sando? Depending on how people feel about said slots.

To be more coherent my reads rn are like this;
{Ausuka, Nancy Drew, Toranga, Nero Cain, Sakura Hana}
{Drixx, Creature}
{Sando, the worst}
{Kokichi, Nosferatu}
{Mathblade, Theta Alpine}
{Gamma Emerald, hebichan}
Ausuka
Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner

Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner

Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #10911 (isolation #18) » Sun Aug 19, 2018 6:52 am

Post by Ausuka »

In post 10892, Sakura Hana wrote:Kokichi, Sando, Gamma, Nosferatu, Creature, Theta Alpine, TW

All of you give me your reads.
town:
Creature, probably Sando too

town being openly in-your-face apathetic:
Kokichi, TW, Nos

scum being on-the-down-low apathetic and active lurking:
theta alpine, Gamma Emerald

is my view of the game rn. I might be (probably am) just wrong on nos? I guess he feels like town to me. idk. I guess Theta is town in a nos!scum world.

Kokichi, why don't you just obvtown now and earn your power like everyone else?
Ausuka
Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner

Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner

Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #10918 (isolation #19) » Sun Aug 19, 2018 7:10 am

Post by Ausuka »

In post 10917, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:
In post 10911, Ausuka wrote:
In post 10892, Sakura Hana wrote:Kokichi, Sando, Gamma, Nosferatu, Creature, Theta Alpine, TW

All of you give me your reads.
town:
Creature, probably Sando too

town being openly in-your-face apathetic:
Kokichi, TW, Nos

scum being on-the-down-low apathetic and active lurking:
theta alpine, Gamma Emerald

is my view of the game rn. I might be (probably am) just wrong on nos? I guess he feels like town to me. idk. I guess Theta is town in a nos!scum world.

Kokichi, why don't you just obvtown now and earn your power like everyone else?
Why do you think Theta is scum? Is it because of the Tora/Math vote swap?
Usually when I play with her and she's town I feel like theta gives off a kinda strange towny vibe? and like I'm really not feeling that this game. I kinda dislike the tora/math situation too, yes, and the way she tried to line up Tor -> Math lynches.
Ausuka
Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner

Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner

Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #10953 (isolation #20) » Sun Aug 19, 2018 9:08 am

Post by Ausuka »

In post 10946, Nero Cain wrote:In post 10918, Ausuka wrote:
yes, and the way she tried to line up Tor -> Math lynches.

how do you feel about Tor lining up Kolchi-->Math lynches?
Kokichi is more scummy than Tor, Tor has a developed read on him, the reasoning probably isn't "Oh let's lynch X and if they flip town we can flip the player they pushed on" and it's not "oh let's chainlynch two loud players in an argument lol" so I feel considerably better about it.
Ausuka
Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner

Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner

Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #10963 (isolation #21) » Sun Aug 19, 2018 9:59 am

Post by Ausuka »

In post 10955, Nero Cain wrote:IDK, hearing "if this person flips town lets lynch this other person" feels telegraphed. Like I get it that you'd go from one scum read to another but its kinda a dumb thing to say as town if he's town.

Also, the way he went from "Creature is playing to his scum meta" to "Creature had a sudden burst of activity, he's town" We're in a game where scum has daychat and I feel like he's not sufficiently paranoid.
idk I guess it just makes sense to me. I don't really understand why that's like terrible to you, seeing as he had actual reasons for doing it. I think you're kind of too paranoid of Tor in general, he kinda bleeds town to me.

I feel like the tr is based on the content Creature produced rather than "he produced content".
Ausuka
Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner

Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner

Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #12706 (isolation #22) » Wed Sep 05, 2018 6:42 pm

Post by Ausuka »

In post 12700, The Dream Weaver wrote:
The
Aspiring Heroes
have achieved their Win Condition.

Ankamius, Ausuka, Cerberus v666, Drixx, Gamma Emerald, hebichan, Kokichi Oma, Myloninja13, Nosferatu, Nero Cain, Sakura Hana, Sando, Shiro, stungun0404, Theta Alpine, the worst, Toogeloo, and Toranaga have won the game.

ReplacementsI would like to thank every player that signed up and played my game, even if it wasn't to completion. However, I'd also like to thank each of Ankamius, Ausuka, Brandi, Creature, MathBlade, Nero Cain, Nosferatu, stungun0404, Theta Alpine, and Toogeloo specifically for replacing in, no matter how brief. Many of them did not have to, and I appreciate them for helping me out when I asked them.

SetupAs explained in the Graveyard, the setup was never reviewed for balance. I specifically asked FakeGod to only help make sure it gave each side a fair chance of winning and that I was okay with massive swing. I did not care how well a poor town or poor scumteam fared in my setup. I do think it is probably slightly townsided, and that both sides have a chance to decimate the other side depending on both team composition and which Superpowers are revealed.

The main focus was around both a leader mechanic and an ability acquisition mechanic. The idea was that good play, from either side, would be rewarded. On the other hand, players who did not play well would struggle, especially in case of acquiring abilities and Night Actions. I did not mind that there was a possibility that one side could lose a huge advantage if the other side made a really good play. At the very least, it
should
promote good play from both sides throughout the game, although that point is arguable.

I feel like town players inherently had the advantage when it came to being elected Leader. But I feel like the position was incredibly difficult to play well. Not only did the player have to convince the other players to elect them, but they also had full control over who would get powers at night. If they had good reads and took the risk of giving out more powers, then town would be rewarded. If they had poor reads, however, then the scumteam could benefit and punish them. Town also had a huge advantage that the Leader, if a lynch was achieved, would be guaranteed to not only receive an ability, but survive through the night to use it.

The scumteam had a huge disadvantage when it came to becoming elected, and I think that's fair to say since they only got elected this game with outside influence. However, I thought it was slightly balanced back towards their favor by not publicly declaring the members of the Superhero Team. This would allow the scumteam a way to slip in Superpowers to their teammates should they get elected. I also felt that by publicly announcing who was Leader, the scumteam would also have the opportunity to play to this and either destroy their credibility or buddy them to gain their favor.

The Superhero Team size was a mixed bag. It was large enough that if town tried to use all the slots, a scum player was likely to slip into the group and gain a Superpower. The Leader always had the option of submitting a smaller Superhero Team or no one at all, but that reduced accountability and would require them to be trusted by the other members of town.

The failure to acquire Superpowers should a No Lynch be achieved was intentional. I didn't want town to be rewarded for going for a passive strategy. While I do like the idea of enticing the town to not No Lynch, I do have some mixed feelings on it as there were some situations where No Lynching was still beneficial for town (in lynching Petrified players specifically). I'm not sure if I would have preferred nullifying Superpowers entirely when a No Lynch is achieved, as that would definitely give the scumteam a free kill on town and is close to what I wanted initially (it was an idea I was toying around with in my original proposal to FakeGod, but that was a completely different setup).

The voting mechanic was supposed to favor the scumteam. If the town failed to coordinate their votes, the scumteam could try to take advantage of them by piling their votes onto one player and electing who they wanted to, which they did at least once. If the town did coordinate their votes, then the scumteam would not only have access to this information, but they could try to manipulate the town in electing who they wanted or killing off a candidate they did not want in a position of power (or killing off a competitor should one of them be in the running). The votes were also completely anonymous, so they never actually had to vote for who they said they would.

Superpowers were randomized. I didn't want to try to balance them when I knew players would find a way to mess it up. I also didn't like the idea that one side (mostly the Villains) could be punished if they failed to 'town it up' on a specific day or night phase and fail to grab a certain power when it was made available to them. On the flip side, this also meant that we had some abilities appear way more frequently than was probable (I'm looking at you Impenetrable Skin, although there were some others) whereas others, particularly investigative abilities (and strong ones), didn't show up at all. I still like the randomization aspect
for this game specifically
, although I probably wouldn't ever run another setup that was randomized like this in the future.

Neither side had any real power to begin with. Every player was essentially Vanilla, and the scumteam mostly only had abilities that would help them deal with the Superpowers and the voting mechanic. The scumteam had a Factional Kill, a Superpower Cop, and an Election Rigger. The Superpower Cop was mainly to help them keep up with all the Superpowers town was likely to acquire. However, this was made essentially useless to them as town was telling them all their abilities and basically giving them a roadmap of how to deal with them in the Night Phase (and this was something I had considered would probably happen when I decided to give it to them). The Election Rigger was mostly to help them should they have a huge problem with the election mechanic. They had the option of using it to force one of them into a Leadership position should they need it. Although, I mostly just thought they would try to use it to keep an problematic townie from getting elected. I don't mind the Superpower Cop, but I'm not happy with the Election Rigger. I definitely feel there was probably a better way to give them some help with that mechanic, such as increasing the number of Villains to 6 and making it a White Flag setup.

Overall, I still like that all the players had to
earn
their abilities, and that no one was inherently more or less important, or more or less powerful, just based on RNG.

Petrification, Spiritual Mediumship, and Other SuperpowersI liked the idea of both of these abilities, but I didn't like either of them in practice. Petrification is just an unfun mechanic. I did realize how awful it was sometime during Day 1, but I didn't really think it would become an issue since Superpowers could only be obtained if a lynch was achieved or if a player intentionally grabbed it. The Leader also did not have to give anyone else Superpowers. And it was probably for these reasons that I didn't think too much of it during the design process. Still, I'm not really that happy with its implementation even if it did end up playing a crucial role in this game.

I still like the idea of a player getting a chance to contribute to the game after death, but I don't really think it's necessary. At the very least, I would have changed it into a Day Ability or something that would allow it to activate immediately instead of the dead player having to wait a full Day/Night Phase to find out if they needed to continue following along or not.

There were some other abilities that, after some reflection, I believe this setup didn't really need. I always did like the idea of Phasing after seeing Desperado use Prism in Anything Goes, but I think having four redirecting roles are too many. I'd probably just choose one or two of Phasing, Hypnosis, or Power Echo and remove Siren's Call. I would definitely remove Shapeshifting, and probably Goo Generation since I don't think it would be needed if Shapeshifting wasn't there, and probably Healing Touch if I removed Petrification. I also don't really like Teleportation (which was mostly a semi-busdriver and I'm glad it never came up) and I think Power Sensing is either unnecessary or takes away from the scumteam's Superpower Cop.

Even though it was never meant to be taken seriously and it pales when compared to pretty much any other ability, I'm still perfectly okay with Enhanced Hearing.

ModeratingI believe I could have done a much better job moderating. I made a few mistakes, although most of them were small that were caught by either myself or another player almost immediately. Specifically, the worst of these were when I was going to put Sakura's username in Gray when she was petrified, which could have confused the players based on Goo Generation, and telling the scumteam a misleading investigative result, to which MathBlade recognized seemed incorrect immediately.

The most glaring mistake was at the beginning of the game when I decided to announce two abilities were provided by Alisae. Truthfully, Alisae did roll for these abilities, but I rolled the same exact ones as well. While I can say Alisae rolling for these abilities didn't directly have an impact on the game (it wouldn't have really mattered anyway since I randomly rolled for all of them), I don't think I should have ever announced this (even though it was mostly for flavor and fun) as many players came up to conclusions that I do think it adversely affected my game. This decision was entirely my own, and Alisae did not have any part of it (Ali was just a spectator and did not know what I was going to do).

As far as answering questions were concerned, the only thing I would do differently about that would have been to never answer questions publicly in the game thread in the first place. I stopped answering them in thread because some players rightfully complained that it was distracting and inflating the post count. I also did not like answering the same question more than once, and considering players stopped answering me redundant questions the instant I declared I would only answer questions through PM, I'm not sure how much of this was intentional by the players or not.

Regarding the complexity of the setup and answering questions, I don't regret my decision. It was declared in my ruleset that I wouldn't answer questions about the setup or Superpowers after a set period of time, so the onus was on players to take advantage of that. The decision was mainly to protect the scumteam so they wouldn't be confirmed scum in the event some players tried to catch them in a lie by bombarding me with questions (which some of you did anyway). Also, I felt that, for the most part, the players on both sides should have been able to understand the setup. Although I do think I could have done a much better job drafting the rules and Superpower descriptions, and I do wish I spent more time doing so.

Even then, I still answered questions about both Superpowers and the Setup throughout the game when I literally could have just pointed to my ruleset and not done so. If there was something about the Setup I felt should have been public knowledge, then I would clarify it to any player that asked me. I actually ended up answering many questions about the leader mechanic or votes long after Day 1 that I didn't have to do, mainly because I wanted players to understand how the game should have been played and I understand that some things just weren't clear. And most, if not all, of those questions were about things that I felt the players should already have known in order to play my setup. If a question involved anything regarding a Superpower that had just been revealed, I would answer the question, even if it involved Superpowers that had been revealed previously. So, depending on the question that was asked, it was possible for me to divulge information that you would not be able to obtain based on my rule. It was actually possible to circumvent my rule with a little bit of creativity, although from what I remember, it was mostly just MathBlade that took full advantage of this. I also answered questions mostly just based on Roleblockers, which didn't exist in my setup (you can argue that Freezing is technically a Roleblocker, which it is), that I really shouldn't have or didn't need to, but at that point I'd already answered a bunch of questions about previous Superpowers so why not? If a player asked me anything about a Superpower that I had rewritten, specifically Phasing, then I would always answer a question regarding it to prevent confusion, and I did. If a player asked me anything that involved an unrevealed Superpower, such as the possibility of a mechanic existing, I ignored the question. If someone asked me a question about a mechanic that didn't exist or wasn't specifically outlined in the rules, then I wouldn't answer the question (although no one did this). Also, I refused to answer any question that was about what the Villains did or did not have.

If I were to do it over again, I would have just made all the Superpowers public from the beginning, given you all the Action Resolution Chart, and ignored you all after Night 1.

AnalysisThe beginning of the game was a real struggle for the scumteam. I admit that their team composition did not fare well in this setup since I feel that they did not get any strong, charismatic players. And from the onset, they didn't want to take advantage of town's lack of ability to discuss the game's first leader (except for mostly Human Sequencer). There was some fear for them that Superpowers could reveal who they voted for. I understand why Titus worried about such a possibility, and I couldn't tell them directly that Superpowers couldn't reveal their votes. However, that's not something I would ever have put in this setup and I feel like they should have had some clue based on the votes being Anonymous that this wouldn't happen (Human Sequencer did seem to understand this, but his team didn't really listen to him).

I thought Day 1 was a disaster for the scumteam. I feel that town came off very strongly right out of the gate. The scumteam, on the other hand, had inner friction in that 123456789 wanted to be bussed and the scumteam didn't want to make that sacrifice immediately. I think that either 123456789 should have conceded the point and tried to play the game (mostly this) or the scumteam should have just agreed to bus him and taken what towncred they could from his flip (also okay). What ended up happening were these weird interactions between the Villains where 123456789 strongarmed them into getting what he wanted, but no one from his team really benefited. Furthermore, Titus felt the need to shoot down Day 1's revealed Superpowers and pushed an awful plan that involved the town all going for Enhanced Hearing. Nancy also kind of got caught up in it, and I felt that hurt both of their credibility.

Regarding town on Day 1, I do think some players got drowned out or misunderstood. Mainly, Muffin understood that town should coordinate their Leader votes, but no one wanted to listen to his input. Human Sequencer was able to punish town for this by convincing his teammates to coordinate their votes onto Titus and keeping her alive for an extra day without using their Hacking Device.

I feel that Titus and the scumteam did a decent job of convincing the town that it was possible for her to have been manipulated into the Leader role. Town's best play at that point was to recognize she was scum and probably No Lynch, but she was able to get just enough trust from the town that she was able to give Math and Nancy Superpowers and help set them up for the long game. I feel that Math did a fairly decent job of taking advantage of Precognition and planning around it, although I do think Titus and Math both wasted a Day action when they both could have used Precognition immediately on the night they acquired it. I also feel like Nancy did a great job of digging herself out of her hole from Day 1 and she was set for a deep run into endgame.

I think the scumteam were probably on a clear trajectory to winning the game until Math got too caught up in the Self-Detonation plan. I do get that Goo Generation was a huge threat as an ability, but I feel as though he just tried to push Self-Detonation too hard. On the flipside, I do think it was great that town was able to pull themselves out of a plan that was sure to lead to their quick demise. Some town still ended up taking Self-Detonation, but I feel like the scumteam had lost a lot of their advantage and ended up going for a poor play on Night 5. This was further exacerbated by Nancy refusing to heal Sakura immediately, and when she finally did heal her, Sakura ended up detonating on Nancy and taking out, in my opinion, the player that had the best chance of winning the game for them. This was a huge turnaround for the town, and I think had the villains all just made it through the day, they would probably have petrified and strongman-killed their way to a victory.

The Hacking Device also played a crucial role on Night 5 and Day 6. I feel like it should have been apparent, should town believe that Ausuka voted Nero (she didn't) and understood Math couldn't vote for himself, that there was likely some sort of interference at play. I do understand that town could believe all three remaining Villains piled onto Math and set him up, but at that point, I feel that it's more about everyone's reads on Math and Tor/Gamma specifically rather than whether they can figure out if there was interference or not, and they were able to deduce that there was interference on the following day.

I'm not sure what Creature could have done differently to win the end game. He did what he needed to do to mislynch a townie in 4-player Lylo, but town did a good job of taking advantage of Freezing when it came up. I do believe Creature made a mistake on Night 7 based on the information he knew, and had everyone acquired an ability like they planned, he would have been blocked anyway. To me, he should have not blocked and tried to kill, as this would have allowed him to avoid a circular roleblock. It didn't really matter as the worst never acquired a Superpower, which confirmed Sando as town to him should the game reach a Day 8. I feel as though the scumteam just had very poor luck that Freezing became one of the revealed abilities for Day 7.

Overall, I feel that there were some players that were playing well, but they were drowned out or their reads took a massive swing for the worse as the game went on (which may have been due to the game's massive apathy-inducing game length). I do feel that both sides made some really good plays, but there were also some mistakes made by both sides that could have cost them the game.

linksMod PT

Shiro and Cerberus' Neighborhood
Aspiring Villains PT
League of Alisae
Graveyard

Ankamius' PT
Gamma Emerald's PT
MathBlade's PT
zMuffinMan's PT

I will release the Scum PT within the next 48 hours unless one of the Villains objects. For individually requested PT's, please let me know if you want yours to be released.
Thanks for modding Brian.
Ausuka
Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner

Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner

Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #12709 (isolation #23) » Wed Sep 05, 2018 6:45 pm

Post by Ausuka »

sorry for quoting that I legitimately have no idea how it happened.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”