Deacon Blues
Deacon Blues
Mafia Scum
Deacon Blues
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6562 (isolation #800) » Sun Jan 03, 2021 11:29 am

Post by Deacon Blues »

Annie I think superbowl is wrong about Dunn. And I think he's intentionally wrong because he's scum.

I've been not wanting to interact with you this day because I felt like you were trying to aim AtE directly at me last night. Not my slot. Me. And I feel like you're trying to drive a huge wedge between Dandelion and me, coming out with your scumread on them.
They got a name for the winners in the world
I want a name when I lose
Deacon Blues
Deacon Blues
Mafia Scum
Deacon Blues
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6564 (isolation #801) » Sun Jan 03, 2021 11:32 am

Post by Deacon Blues »

In post 5551, Annie Edison wrote:Cabd.

I tracked dunn to Cabd n1 and Dunn’s a neighborizer.
Cabd crumbed this to me and anyone else paying attention yesterday with crumbs visible from high orbit.

Just stop this fucking paranoia-fueling if you're town.
Deacon Blues
Deacon Blues
Mafia Scum
Deacon Blues
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6567 (isolation #802) » Sun Jan 03, 2021 11:34 am

Post by Deacon Blues »

In post 6563, Firebringer wrote:
In post 6562, Deacon Blues wrote:And I feel like you're trying to drive a huge wedge between Dandelion and me, coming out with your scumread on them.
why aren't u arguing im doing thaat?
Because you have no leverage over my Cabd read, even if you're town. which I'm questioning.

I thought it was very notable though that you came out with your cabd suspicion at almost exactly the same time that Annie started making those rumblings.
Deacon Blues
Deacon Blues
Mafia Scum
Deacon Blues
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6570 (isolation #803) » Sun Jan 03, 2021 11:39 am

Post by Deacon Blues »

In post 5554, superbowl9 wrote:@ deacon why am I scum? How does my play even remotely fit into a scum mindset
Basically everything that peta has pointed up about you day 2 and today.

Also, your arrival in the forwards thread, declaring you're not reading the prior days and didn't follow that thread to speak of before you turnstiled, and yet felt perfectly ok running someone up to E-1 IMMEDIATELY. Also didn't like that you through suspicion on Bell initially and then just...let it go.
Deacon Blues
Deacon Blues
Mafia Scum
Deacon Blues
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6573 (isolation #804) » Sun Jan 03, 2021 11:44 am

Post by Deacon Blues »

I don't hate the idea of mass claim.

If we do that in this thread, I go last. We locked into our claim in the purple neighborhood.
Deacon Blues
Deacon Blues
Mafia Scum
Deacon Blues
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6581 (isolation #805) » Sun Jan 03, 2021 11:57 am

Post by Deacon Blues »

I am actually contemplating that the other side of that role is scum.
Deacon Blues
Deacon Blues
Mafia Scum
Deacon Blues
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6583 (isolation #806) » Sun Jan 03, 2021 12:00 pm

Post by Deacon Blues »

In post 5561, Brian Skies wrote:Oh, so now he wants to come over here.
Do you want to argue against it?
Deacon Blues
Deacon Blues
Mafia Scum
Deacon Blues
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6587 (isolation #807) » Sun Jan 03, 2021 12:07 pm

Post by Deacon Blues »

In post 5566, Brian Skies wrote:Ffery, I thought SB9 was supposed to be your 'strongest townread.'
Pretty damn strong on Day 1!

After he learned he'd get access to a turnstile via the purple room, he did a fade here, and mostly only showed up when his fade was being talked about.
Deacon Blues
Deacon Blues
Mafia Scum
Deacon Blues
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6591 (isolation #808) » Sun Jan 03, 2021 12:13 pm

Post by Deacon Blues »

In post 5559, Annie Edison wrote:I’ll drop it for now Ffery. But be real for a minute, someone’s done way more paranoia fueling than me pointing it out.
Peace.

Who is doing more to fuel paranoia? And whose paranoia?
Deacon Blues
Deacon Blues
Mafia Scum
Deacon Blues
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6595 (isolation #809) » Sun Jan 03, 2021 12:17 pm

Post by Deacon Blues »

peta, I think the forwards thread can elim superbowl today without your extremely capable help.

I'm not nearly as sure that we get shit done here by shipping out an impactful shit-getting-done player.
Deacon Blues
Deacon Blues
Mafia Scum
Deacon Blues
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6598 (isolation #810) » Sun Jan 03, 2021 12:23 pm

Post by Deacon Blues »

<3
In post 5575, Annie Edison wrote:Cabds, and yours.

I reread over night and struggle to see where you started scumreading bell but iirc it was after he mentioned it.

While I was locked from posting I saw the same exact cycle start again with me.

Like I understand I could just be off a cliff like I’ve been all game but that’s the first time thing a have actually made sense this game.

I expected dunn and a50 to die though.
The day 1 townread was about 50% tone and 50% his (disputed) crumbs.

When NachoTammy died, that read went south. The fact that his eventual claim was so completely telegraphed by his day 1 (disputed) crumbs is still SUPER troubling to me.

Superbowl going over there and pushing Bell for about a microsecond before switching to you and forcing your claim at E-1 really, really, really bugs me too.
Deacon Blues
Deacon Blues
Mafia Scum
Deacon Blues
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6604 (isolation #811) » Sun Jan 03, 2021 12:30 pm

Post by Deacon Blues »

In post 5592, Annie Edison wrote:Dunn is scum in my “separate side scum pt” land
stahp
Deacon Blues
Deacon Blues
Mafia Scum
Deacon Blues
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6605 (isolation #812) » Sun Jan 03, 2021 12:34 pm

Post by Deacon Blues »

In post 6601, skitter30 wrote:I like the notion of massclaim now too
I don't like who's suggesting it, mostly.

and I feel like the night kills aren't shouting that the scum are that great at finding PRs.

also, notsci's thought that tracking Dunn doesn't make a lot of sense from a town tracker resonates. that feels more like someone tracking a suspected town PR.
Deacon Blues
Deacon Blues
Mafia Scum
Deacon Blues
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6633 (isolation #813) » Sun Jan 03, 2021 2:34 pm

Post by Deacon Blues »

I feel like Bell's due for a quantum jump. He's diligent and he has to be getting tired of getting rolled over as scum.

notsci's game has matured, but he's also shown tendencies to fall back into old habits.

It's the self-righteous anger (and paranoia!) that are striking me as town.

yeah, yeah, I know.
Deacon Blues
Deacon Blues
Mafia Scum
Deacon Blues
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6634 (isolation #814) » Sun Jan 03, 2021 2:35 pm

Post by Deacon Blues »

this re Dunn
In post 5693, Dunnstral wrote:
In post 3108, SirCakez wrote:
Rules clarification - roles can only target Operatives in their own timestreams unless it says otherwise in the role.
My role allows me to target the other timeline.
Deacon Blues
Deacon Blues
Mafia Scum
Deacon Blues
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6642 (isolation #815) » Sun Jan 03, 2021 3:17 pm

Post by Deacon Blues »

In post 6638, skitter30 wrote:
In post 5750, Hench Princesses wrote:on odds I'd say there's a 2:1 chance annie is the strongman over anyone else in the thread

maybe 1.5:1 on spiffeh

the strongman could be temporally gated and the push to turnstile day 1 could have been to save the strongman
Honestly if they're strongman in your thread only and had to be inverted to get over there, it would explain quite a lot
stahp.

VOTE: turnstile skitter
Deacon Blues
Deacon Blues
Mafia Scum
Deacon Blues
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6646 (isolation #816) » Sun Jan 03, 2021 3:27 pm

Post by Deacon Blues »

I hate that you've made the turnstile a thread health issue again, skitter.
Deacon Blues
Deacon Blues
Mafia Scum
Deacon Blues
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6648 (isolation #817) » Sun Jan 03, 2021 3:31 pm

Post by Deacon Blues »

In post 6645, Spiffeh wrote:
In post 6426, Deacon Blues wrote:i'm not super happy with spiffeh's opening here on that slot i think his 6410 in particular is weak
I explained why I felt that way in the post following that, I admit opportunistic is a little dramatic but I wanted to make it STING

And you have to remember that I am coming into this blind for the most part and something you may see as 'weak' and unworthy of my reaction is actually being done so I can gauge how petapan would respond to it

On that note I think superbowl has entered the other thread with a similar mindset and getting unfairly scum read for it

I highly doubt he as scum would put someone at L-1 so quickly, for instance. It would put a lot of unnecessary attention on him when, given the thread state he could probably take a more passive approach and fly under the radar
I'm considering the possibility that he's town and just incredibly wrongheaded (and I acknowledge that he proved himself wrongheaded town on day 1). right now I regret working so hard to get you both into the purple room last night. It would be great if even one of you would make that not be one of my worst decisions in a bad decision game.

---------------------

Mie scuse
Deacon Blues
Deacon Blues
Mafia Scum
Deacon Blues
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6661 (isolation #818) » Sun Jan 03, 2021 4:18 pm

Post by Deacon Blues »

In post 5804, superbowl9 wrote:
In post 6648, Deacon Blues wrote:
In post 6645, Spiffeh wrote:
In post 6426, Deacon Blues wrote:i'm not super happy with spiffeh's opening here on that slot i think his 6410 in particular is weak
I explained why I felt that way in the post following that, I admit opportunistic is a little dramatic but I wanted to make it STING

And you have to remember that I am coming into this blind for the most part and something you may see as 'weak' and unworthy of my reaction is actually being done so I can gauge how petapan would respond to it

On that note I think superbowl has entered the other thread with a similar mindset and getting unfairly scum read for it

I highly doubt he as scum would put someone at L-1 so quickly, for instance. It would put a lot of unnecessary attention on him when, given the thread state he could probably take a more passive approach and fly under the radar
I'm considering the possibility that he's town and just incredibly wrongheaded (and I acknowledge that he proved himself wrongheaded town on day 1). right now I regret working so hard to get you both into the purple room last night. It would be great if even one of you would make that not be one of my worst decisions in a bad decision game.

---------------------

Mie scuse
What do you want me to do Deacon? Sit around and let you guys handle things at a slow pace? Because I tried that yesterday and now I have people on my ass for it. I'm trying to find scum in the best way I know how so I don't really appreciate you calling me bad while not giving me any chance to do good in this game.
Just a reminder of your day 1 accomplishments: tunneling town-flavor leaf and helping set up a situation where scum-pooky dunked him with the help of Noraa et al.

There's plenty of blame to go around this game.

You're wrong on Dunn and you're probably at a 70% likelihood of being wrong on Annie as well. If I were in full Eris mode atm, I'd be pushing for peta to get turnstiled asap.
Deacon Blues
Deacon Blues
Mafia Scum
Deacon Blues
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6668 (isolation #819) » Sun Jan 03, 2021 4:26 pm

Post by Deacon Blues »

In post 5839, Brian Skies wrote:I'm actually not a huge fan of fferyhydra just writing off cephhydra as town here.
It's not just writing off. reevaluation is ongoing, but the stuff that went down in the purple neighborhood was very very Xeno Cabd, less (most of) the excess swagger and bombast. Ceph's posting looks town to me, but not to the extent I could emphatically townbin him without the Cabd component.

I know there's plenty of paranoia about Cabd as a player. I deal with it too. But this is not the game where scum-Cabd snows all three of me, nacho, and tammy in a neighborhood.
Deacon Blues
Deacon Blues
Mafia Scum
Deacon Blues
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6672 (isolation #820) » Sun Jan 03, 2021 4:36 pm

Post by Deacon Blues »

In post 5846, superbowl9 wrote:I’m honestly asking you deacon: WHAT DO YOU WANT ME TO DO. Because I have put trust in you this game and it hasn’t paid off. I was wrong on FL. Are you telling me to just shut up and leave it to everyone else because I was wrong? I’m trying my best and I don’t get why you’re scumreading me or what you think town me would do in this scenario
My scumread has faded, in part due to what Dunn is saying about you looking lost. You do look lost at least with respect to the KNOWN CLAIMS, some of which have been around since EARLY DAY ONE IN THE REVERSE THREAD.

This does not inspire confidence in your theories about game state and who's scum. New info is presented but nothing seems to change your reads.

If you want to cooperate with me, then back off Dunn and Annie.

At least for now. My Annie read is in flux but the pointer currently points to the town side of the dial.

You realize that Firebringer rescinded his forwards cop claim (not that most player were actually buying that claim in the first place)? So yelling about us not turnstiling him day 1 is...eh? Skitter is a legit gripe, though I still wonder if the game state isn't healthier with her in a different thread from Annie and HP.
Deacon Blues
Deacon Blues
Mafia Scum
Deacon Blues
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6680 (isolation #821) » Sun Jan 03, 2021 4:49 pm

Post by Deacon Blues »

In post 6673, skitter30 wrote:It basically reads like that scumtell that happens when scum kill the cop and a scumz's first post of the day is 'oh no the cop is dead'. Just like very fake and mourning the obvious

I believe quite strongly that it should have been apparent well before the a50 turnstile that the plan was never going to work. Regretting that you took part in it after it obviously failed is like 'too little too late' for me, esp as that post didnt really obviously lead you to trying to solve more or try to figure out where you were going wrong as best as i can remember

~

I have finally gotten to a p strong townread om dandelion and my townread on deacon is waning

Pedit @spiffeh
I'm probably voting you to go to the forwards thread when it's all said and done. I was all in on it at the start of this day. We have widely variant reads on some key players. And they happen to be strong reads apparently for both of us. You townreading dandelion is a good thing, though. I'm a little surprised scum reads have cropped up on them, though notsci getting paranoid about Cabd isn't surprising.

I don't want to be a Chaos goddess in this game. In fact I don't want to be one in any game, ever.

This game is pushing me hard in that direction, though. bork and I really need to sync. might reel me back in from the edge.

I wonder how I would have fared in the tea and crumpets thread.
Deacon Blues
Deacon Blues
Mafia Scum
Deacon Blues
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6686 (isolation #822) » Sun Jan 03, 2021 4:55 pm

Post by Deacon Blues »

Superbowl, you asked me what I wanted you to do.

I answered.
Deacon Blues
Deacon Blues
Mafia Scum
Deacon Blues
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6691 (isolation #823) » Sun Jan 03, 2021 4:56 pm

Post by Deacon Blues »

In post 6685, Spiffeh wrote:town reads on petapan are no longer tolerated
You are soooo not the boss of me.
Deacon Blues
Deacon Blues
Mafia Scum
Deacon Blues
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6697 (isolation #824) » Sun Jan 03, 2021 5:01 pm

Post by Deacon Blues »

In post 6690, Spiffeh wrote:ffery what are your thoughts on peta's recent posting?
Rather than talk about peta directly, I'd like to talk about your A50 read. I can see a world where A50 is a scum tracker based on him targeting Dunn. And I feel like three amnesiac investigatives are a LOT. I don't think it's a slam dunk, though. I'm not bought into peta's world view, but I'm not scumreading him for it.
Deacon Blues
Deacon Blues
Mafia Scum
Deacon Blues
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6702 (isolation #825) » Sun Jan 03, 2021 5:04 pm

Post by Deacon Blues »

In post 6687, skitter30 wrote:Ffery no offense but your hydra, along with cabd's, has sufficiently managed to screw up the mechanics of this game in abt 6 different ways, and at some point i gotta start wondering if that's intentional, esp as we've gotten exactly 0 scum off of it thus far.
As I keep saying, Mie scuse.

That is to all of my team in this game.
Deacon Blues
Deacon Blues
Mafia Scum
Deacon Blues
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6705 (isolation #826) » Sun Jan 03, 2021 5:09 pm

Post by Deacon Blues »

In post 6687, skitter30 wrote:Ffery no offense but your hydra, along with cabd's, has sufficiently managed to screw up the mechanics of this game in abt 6 different ways, and at some point i gotta start wondering if that's intentional, esp as we've gotten exactly 0 scum off of it thus far.
lol fuck that

burden of proficiency arguments are bs in general but they're double crap when most of the shit you've asserted we've screwed up hasn't even flipped either way yet

like you're trying to use the fact that our reads are in flux as the game moves on, or we're waffling on positions in an unreasonably negative light here

-b
Deacon Blues
Deacon Blues
Mafia Scum
Deacon Blues
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6706 (isolation #827) » Sun Jan 03, 2021 5:10 pm

Post by Deacon Blues »

In post 6704, petapan wrote:
In post 6697, Deacon Blues wrote:
In post 6690, Spiffeh wrote:ffery what are your thoughts on peta's recent posting?
Rather than talk about peta directly, I'd like to talk about your A50 read. I can see a world where A50 is a scum tracker based on him targeting Dunn. And I feel like three amnesiac investigatives are a LOT. I don't think it's a slam dunk, though. I'm not bought into peta's world view, but I'm not scumreading him for it.
there's not three? just shelly and her receiver and the tracker pair
You're right. brain glitch on skitter-watcher for who knows what reason.
Deacon Blues
Deacon Blues
Mafia Scum
Deacon Blues
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6708 (isolation #828) » Sun Jan 03, 2021 5:13 pm

Post by Deacon Blues »

In post 5759, Annie Edison wrote:I’m driving home.

@ffery-
I’ve calmed down some. I’m in solve mode and ready to go.

Hopefully it stays this way. I think there’s some potential.
I'm a round for a while longer if you still want to do this.
Deacon Blues
Deacon Blues
Mafia Scum
Deacon Blues
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6712 (isolation #829) » Sun Jan 03, 2021 5:19 pm

Post by Deacon Blues »

In post 6709, skitter30 wrote:Well if it were working we wouldnt be in this current shitshow
we would have magically elimed scum?

i'm just trying to see where you're going for this and where you think we should be going now

-b
Deacon Blues
Deacon Blues
Mafia Scum
Deacon Blues
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6714 (isolation #830) » Sun Jan 03, 2021 5:22 pm

Post by Deacon Blues »

In post 6711, petapan wrote:deacon have you given thought to who was scum that started in this thread
Yeah, I have. The thoughts have been shot to shit again in the last 24 hours.

One I'm probably never touching while dandelion's townreading there, though it looks like that read may be fading a tad if I'm reading the tea leaves correctly.

I came into the game today thinking at least 2 of firebringer, superbowl, and annie, plus my outsourced read.

What are your thoughts?
Deacon Blues
Deacon Blues
Mafia Scum
Deacon Blues
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6715 (isolation #831) » Sun Jan 03, 2021 5:26 pm

Post by Deacon Blues »

(this is entirely my opinion and not ffery)

Dandelion (i had a minor breakdown on dandelion last night but there are certain things that happened in the purple room n1 that i just don't think happen if that slot is scum which i'm going to need to paraphrase to talk more about)
Peta
Annie
Superbowl (ffery probably doesn't agree here; i still think is town)
midway
LLD
skitter
fire

probably where i'm at GTH right now
and unfortunately a lot of the lower tier are just "isn't being town" which sucks at this point in the game

p-edit: we clearly need to sync a bit

-b
Deacon Blues
Deacon Blues
Mafia Scum
Deacon Blues
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6718 (isolation #832) » Sun Jan 03, 2021 5:28 pm

Post by Deacon Blues »

In post 6716, skitter30 wrote:vague references to crumbs and being intentionally opaque
i mean, that's the way ffery and cabd play, especially when they both townread each other.

I'm not sure what to tell you on that front; that's probably never going to change

-b
Deacon Blues
Deacon Blues
Mafia Scum
Deacon Blues
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6720 (isolation #833) » Sun Jan 03, 2021 5:29 pm

Post by Deacon Blues »

In post 6715, Deacon Blues wrote:(this is entirely my opinion and not ffery)

Dandelion (i had a minor breakdown on dandelion last night but there are certain things that happened in the purple room n1 that i just don't think happen if that slot is scum which i'm going to need to paraphrase to talk more about)
Peta
Annie
Superbowl (ffery probably doesn't agree here; i still think is town)
midway
LLD
skitter
fire

probably where i'm at GTH right now
and unfortunately a lot of the lower tier are just "isn't being town" which sucks at this point in the game

p-edit: we clearly need to sync a bit

-b
Nah, I think we're pretty close. I've spun back to town on superbowl and annie. That's what I meant about my thoughts on scum starting out in this thread being shot to shit in the last 24 hours.
Deacon Blues
Deacon Blues
Mafia Scum
Deacon Blues
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6729 (isolation #834) » Sun Jan 03, 2021 5:33 pm

Post by Deacon Blues »

In post 6717, Firebringer wrote:don't u think if u were both town (talking about dandelion and deacon) scum team would care more to kill one of u 2.
I mean i figured that's what you were getting at but I don't think it's unfeasible in a decently sized game that the 2 of our slots might be alive on d3
esp w/ gamma claiming protection on us N1 and getting hit N2.

i'm not writing that slot off (and there are a couple things about it I don't like), but ffery is extremely confident in the read so i think you're probably better off engaging her on it for now than me

-b
Deacon Blues
Deacon Blues
Mafia Scum
Deacon Blues
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6733 (isolation #835) » Sun Jan 03, 2021 5:35 pm

Post by Deacon Blues »

In post 6723, skitter30 wrote:Ok and? It's quite directly contributed to this mess, that's my point
what is "this mess" exactly i guess is my question

i think most of the cards at this point are reasonably on the table other than fullclaims. what do you want to do from here that we're not doing?

-b
Deacon Blues
Deacon Blues
Mafia Scum
Deacon Blues
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6735 (isolation #836) » Sun Jan 03, 2021 5:35 pm

Post by Deacon Blues »

In post 4778, GFITAC wrote:
In post 4757, superbowl9 wrote:
In post 4753, Deacon Blues wrote:I can't think of a way to talk about this that isn't bad. If I'm wrong and Superbowl wants to correct me, fine.
I think you are wrong but also I'm not talking about it. And shame on you gamma for asking this what possible benefit could come from that?
there’s been talk of exposing the crumbs across the board so I felt clarity should be the objective
In post 4761, Deacon Blues wrote:
GFITAC wrote:alright. Most of that seems fair.
What about my claim pings you? I maaaybe can understand but it felt innocuous imo
debbie stated to me he thinks SS is scum, and I feel like with a lack of suspicions rn, and with no real hard vibe from SS, I think that's something I want to put out for discussion.
-BCCorp
Protective claims under duress always squick me a little because they play to town's wishful thinking. bodyguard is a claim that has a shelf life, which makes it less useful to scum for getting deep into the game, which is a mitigating point imo.

Who did you bodyguard last night?
I bodyguarded you.
-BCCorp
Deacon Blues
Deacon Blues
Mafia Scum
Deacon Blues
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6737 (isolation #837) » Sun Jan 03, 2021 5:36 pm

Post by Deacon Blues »

In post 5851, Annie Edison wrote:I’m confused why I jumped in Borks list
I don't think bork was ever scumreading you to the degree I have been.
Deacon Blues
Deacon Blues
Mafia Scum
Deacon Blues
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6748 (isolation #838) » Sun Jan 03, 2021 5:40 pm

Post by Deacon Blues »

In post 6742, Lady Lambdadelta wrote:Fire and I being this low and Peta being this high gives me hives about you.
i am kind of out of fucks at this point
nobody is obvtowning to the point where i can use any kind of PoE approach and there's still a lot of declarative "x is obvscum" stuff going around that is the basis of most people's reads
there are tons of people that are on like literal opposite sides of "x is hard town or x is hard scum" (like w/ superbowl, bell, etc.)
nobody is really trying to work w/ each other

so i'm sorry if that's not good enough but that's what it is

-b
Deacon Blues
Deacon Blues
Mafia Scum
Deacon Blues
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6762 (isolation #839) » Sun Jan 03, 2021 5:43 pm

Post by Deacon Blues »

In post 5850, Annie Edison wrote:@ffery- as I posted at day start I reread and think gypyx was unfairly written off.

I’m really struggling to see Bell scum. I had him pegged as mason or scum in P v FL and I gave into the paranoia day two, but on reevaluation I just don’t get that vibe at all here.

Brian still is town.

Dunn still is town.

Hench is town and I’m hoping they can break out of their tunnel with everything laid out there.

Superb- idk. Like, my meter here agrees with not liking the pushes he’s come into today with but that’s entirely on brand for how he’s been all game.

Sending this then trying to think through your side.
Well, I still think Bell's likely scum, and I agree with the thoughts going on over there about who can conceivably be a strongman, and that the ockham's solution is that Bell's lying.

It blows my mind that we could have picked up a bunch of fake crumbs that just so happened to lead us to the very role that Bell later claimed. My day 1 townread on bell, like I said earlier was about 50% tone and 50% crumbs.

I'd really like to see you, Dunn and Brian work through this together fwiw.
Deacon Blues
Deacon Blues
Mafia Scum
Deacon Blues
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6765 (isolation #840) » Sun Jan 03, 2021 5:45 pm

Post by Deacon Blues »

In post 6759, Lady Lambdadelta wrote:
In post 6757, Firebringer wrote:UNVOTE: peta
okay LLD but i really think peta is town
bruh i don't care if he comes out with a second innocent child thing confirmed by the mods

this is policy at this point
i think one of the reasons i don't townread you harder is that you're being extremely hyperbolic when stuff like this happens

-b
Deacon Blues
Deacon Blues
Mafia Scum
Deacon Blues
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6767 (isolation #841) » Sun Jan 03, 2021 5:46 pm

Post by Deacon Blues »

In post 6764, Lady Lambdadelta wrote:
In post 6761, Firebringer wrote:maybe u should take a vla LLD? deal with the personal life shit thats bringing u down. I think it might be infecting u here.
right but if i leave this thread suddenly 3 different levels of dunderheads come in and shit it up with bad reads and takes

ooohhhh sb9 is scum

oooh let's kill spiffeh, let's kill fb

fuck this game
I want to kill pooky today, so
Deacon Blues
Deacon Blues
Mafia Scum
Deacon Blues
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6769 (isolation #842) » Sun Jan 03, 2021 5:47 pm

Post by Deacon Blues »

that seems like an unnecessary potshot at me but ok

-b
Deacon Blues
Deacon Blues
Mafia Scum
Deacon Blues
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6778 (isolation #843) » Sun Jan 03, 2021 5:52 pm

Post by Deacon Blues »

In post 6775, petapan wrote:i was jokingly calling myself a mason b/c i'm the other half of the dead town follower
it seems self evident to me that not both members of the pair have to be town
and in fact is likely there is at least one combo here that isn't all town

-b
Deacon Blues
Deacon Blues
Mafia Scum
Deacon Blues
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6785 (isolation #844) » Sun Jan 03, 2021 5:56 pm

Post by Deacon Blues »

In post 6783, petapan wrote:
In post 6778, Deacon Blues wrote:
In post 6775, petapan wrote:i was jokingly calling myself a mason b/c i'm the other half of the dead town follower
it seems self evident to me that not both members of the pair have to be town
and in fact is likely there is at least one combo here that isn't all town

-b
having an investigative handing results to scum would be bastard and leave town severely handicapped from what we know
Yah I think it's maybe more likely the investigative scum would be handing results to town.
Deacon Blues
Deacon Blues
Mafia Scum
Deacon Blues
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6789 (isolation #845) » Sun Jan 03, 2021 5:57 pm

Post by Deacon Blues »

In post 6781, petapan wrote:even if you presume scum could have amnesiac roles they wouldn't need to thread hop
scum could be receivers that get results obviously
they could also be senders that give results to town receivers that they know won't help them or could potentially give a false positive and not really care if they personally receive the results

my personal hypothesis is that a red flip from pooky would make it more likely that whoever the tracker sender is (which is another conversation that probably needs to happen) might be more likely to be scum by virtue of pooky knowing not to make a kill that night. this needs a red flip from pooky before i go anywhere near that path though obviously

-b
Deacon Blues
Deacon Blues
Mafia Scum
Deacon Blues
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6790 (isolation #846) » Sun Jan 03, 2021 5:58 pm

Post by Deacon Blues »

In post 6783, petapan wrote:having an investigative handing results to scum would be bastard and leave town severely handicapped from what we know
why would that be bastard? i'm sure whatever role that person gets says "you do not know the alignnment of your receiver"

-b
Deacon Blues
Deacon Blues
Mafia Scum
Deacon Blues
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6794 (isolation #847) » Sun Jan 03, 2021 6:01 pm

Post by Deacon Blues »

would absolutely not mind mass claim at this point tbh, not for my benefit but for the thread's

-b
Deacon Blues
Deacon Blues
Mafia Scum
Deacon Blues
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6796 (isolation #848) » Sun Jan 03, 2021 6:03 pm

Post by Deacon Blues »

peta are you like asserting that the tracker and receiver have to be on the same team?

-b
Deacon Blues
Deacon Blues
Mafia Scum
Deacon Blues
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6804 (isolation #849) » Sun Jan 03, 2021 6:08 pm

Post by Deacon Blues »

In post 6802, Firebringer wrote:i actually think annie is town outside role so i don't even know why i am arguing them wanting to flip to other side doesn't mean town.
Ignore me.
Thoughts on A50?
Deacon Blues
Deacon Blues
Mafia Scum
Deacon Blues
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6806 (isolation #850) » Sun Jan 03, 2021 6:09 pm

Post by Deacon Blues »

I mean if it IS an S-S pair i mean i agree there are a bunch of ways they could either set that up ahead of time to convey info or just like talk about it w/ no context in a way that the tracker sender could pick up without requiring a turnstyle; i don't really think it's an S-S pair though

-b
Deacon Blues
Deacon Blues
Mafia Scum
Deacon Blues
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6811 (isolation #851) » Sun Jan 03, 2021 6:11 pm

Post by Deacon Blues »

In post 6807, Firebringer wrote:
In post 6804, Deacon Blues wrote:
In post 6802, Firebringer wrote:i actually think annie is town outside role so i don't even know why i am arguing them wanting to flip to other side doesn't mean town.
Ignore me.
Thoughts on A50?
no read so i defaulted him to scum. Theres some guide out there on how to read a50 and ive never bothered to figure it out. I think skitter knows how to read a50 and the fact i odn't know skitters stance on him also points to skitter scum imo.
Are you kidding? She's posted her stance seems like a dozen times.
Deacon Blues
Deacon Blues
Mafia Scum
Deacon Blues
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6843 (isolation #852) » Sun Jan 03, 2021 6:30 pm

Post by Deacon Blues »

In post 6742, Lady Lambdadelta wrote:Fire and I being this low and Peta being this high gives me hives about you.
as of this page i think i've royally taken a wrong turn w/ you on this list and you should in fact be higher but i needed all the shit that happened since i posted my initial post to get there
peta i dunno; most of his shit has seemed pretty good on this gameday for me, even if i don't think he's considering a lot of the possibilities of alignment combos w/ sender-receiver (which could be a problem but isn't necessarily one)

i will say even if he is scum i don't think he's scum w/ mwb this time; he's definitely taken every opportunity to call that slot town even when mwb disappears for days at a time and pops back in w/ something kinda tangential, not a hint of "sorry you rolled scum again mr obtusebear" or anything the like, even off the cuff

-b
Deacon Blues
Deacon Blues
Mafia Scum
Deacon Blues
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6880 (isolation #853) » Sun Jan 03, 2021 7:07 pm

Post by Deacon Blues »

So are Dunnstral and Dandelion Wine.
Deacon Blues
Deacon Blues
Mafia Scum
Deacon Blues
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6896 (isolation #854) » Sun Jan 03, 2021 7:26 pm

Post by Deacon Blues »

In post 6893, Lady Lambdadelta wrote:
In post 6890, petapan wrote:i mean yeah but you always get frustrated with how i play mafia
?

I don't recall playing another game with you since I've been back.

Or like ever.

I've played 3 games. This, Deathcurse and FGO.
peta was Assassin.
Deacon Blues
Deacon Blues
Mafia Scum
Deacon Blues
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6898 (isolation #855) » Sun Jan 03, 2021 7:27 pm

Post by Deacon Blues »

also was in xeno in a hydra with prism
Deacon Blues
Deacon Blues
Mafia Scum
Deacon Blues
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6917 (isolation #856) » Mon Jan 04, 2021 5:04 am

Post by Deacon Blues »

confirming that Dunn neighborized us last night.
Deacon Blues
Deacon Blues
Mafia Scum
Deacon Blues
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6919 (isolation #857) » Mon Jan 04, 2021 8:17 am

Post by Deacon Blues »

breaking my "i don't post during work hours rule" to remark that i think those are all pretty crap reasons to townread skitter and makes me feel worse about both a50 and skitter

-b
Deacon Blues
Deacon Blues
Mafia Scum
Deacon Blues
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6930 (isolation #858) » Mon Jan 04, 2021 12:30 pm

Post by Deacon Blues »

In post 6920, skitter30 wrote:Bork you're missing like three years of context on that read.
outside of the last point a50 made i don't really think the points made are really specific to you being you and they're more to me about how you've acted in this game in a bubble

like come on how is shit like and even remotely AI? you could easily be legitimately confused about multivoting (as many were) as town or scum, or faking it as scum (for towncred i guess?). I don't know where a50 gets any semblance of townread on you for weaksauce tells like that

is like him lauding you for having no real opinion about something (and is kinda confusing to boot but I am interpreting it as:

"if you were scum you would be 100% not ok with professing even the slightest endorsement of a [try to evict all the scum from a thread] plan...because there is some small chance it would work and that would be bad for scum" which i think is silly on multiple levels in that 1) that clearly wouldn't be guaranteed to work and 2) you could just be, you know, trying to look town, lol?

I'm just really underwhelmed by that as an argument for you town in any kind of way, both as proposed by him and at you (and now spiffeh i guess?) for being ok with it

-b
Deacon Blues
Deacon Blues
Mafia Scum
Deacon Blues
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6932 (isolation #859) » Mon Jan 04, 2021 12:34 pm

Post by Deacon Blues »

In post 6931, Deacon Blues wrote:last point a50 made
"I've never seen you get wagoned as scum D1 therefore you're town" is also not a good argument either, as it is

-b
Deacon Blues
Deacon Blues
Mafia Scum
Deacon Blues
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6937 (isolation #860) » Mon Jan 04, 2021 1:02 pm

Post by Deacon Blues »

In post 6713, petapan wrote:Petapan
Deacon Blues (fferyllt/borkjerfkin)
Dandelion Wine (Cephrir/Cabd)
midwaybear
Firebringer
Lady Lambdadelta
skitter30
superbowl9
Annie Edison

order the names
forgot about this;

i don't quite hold the same opinion now as i did then but i kinda expected some followup from this regardless of what my answer ended up being

-b
Deacon Blues
Deacon Blues
Mafia Scum
Deacon Blues
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6939 (isolation #861) » Mon Jan 04, 2021 1:08 pm

Post by Deacon Blues »

yeah - were you comparing reads? any in particular you didn't like?
just wondering why you wanted a readlist from us right then and there

-b
Deacon Blues
Deacon Blues
Mafia Scum
Deacon Blues
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6941 (isolation #862) » Mon Jan 04, 2021 1:10 pm

Post by Deacon Blues »

In post 6941, Dandelion Wine wrote:I told ffery I'd frame my townread of her on gold foil paper and let her hang it in her study if it's her.
on some level it'd be cool if like even the people i know really well would acknowledge i'm in the game sometime lol

-b
Deacon Blues
Deacon Blues
Mafia Scum
Deacon Blues
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6999 (isolation #863) » Mon Jan 04, 2021 2:21 pm

Post by Deacon Blues »

@BELL

Can you explain the evolution of your skitter read?
Deacon Blues
Deacon Blues
Mafia Scum
Deacon Blues
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7009 (isolation #864) » Mon Jan 04, 2021 2:28 pm

Post by Deacon Blues »

Peta you're town because if you're not you'll break my heart.
Deacon Blues
Deacon Blues
Mafia Scum
Deacon Blues
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7010 (isolation #865) » Mon Jan 04, 2021 2:31 pm

Post by Deacon Blues »

Also, do you still want to murder superbowl?

How did you feel about Dunn's comments about superbowl sounding lost?
Deacon Blues
Deacon Blues
Mafia Scum
Deacon Blues
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7016 (isolation #866) » Mon Jan 04, 2021 6:59 pm

Post by Deacon Blues »

@Players in both threads who played in Pooky vs Flavor Leaf:

Could you share your thoughts on Spiffeh and Bell, here vs there?
Deacon Blues
Deacon Blues
Mafia Scum
Deacon Blues
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7020 (isolation #867) » Tue Jan 05, 2021 7:38 am

Post by Deacon Blues »

In post 6703, Spiffeh wrote:UNVOTE: Turnstile - skitter
What is your read on skitter and what's the basis for it?
Deacon Blues
Deacon Blues
Mafia Scum
Deacon Blues
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7029 (isolation #868) » Tue Jan 05, 2021 9:40 am

Post by Deacon Blues »

FB I believe you're a massive troll as any alignment, so
Deacon Blues
Deacon Blues
Mafia Scum
Deacon Blues
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7031 (isolation #869) » Tue Jan 05, 2021 9:55 am

Post by Deacon Blues »

In post 7030, Firebringer wrote:what does that have to do with me pushing alignment objectives.

me trolling doesn't mean i don't play towards a clear objective.
It has nothing to do with you pushing alignment objectives.

Did you think I'm townreading you today?
Deacon Blues
Deacon Blues
Mafia Scum
Deacon Blues
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7033 (isolation #870) » Tue Jan 05, 2021 10:06 am

Post by Deacon Blues »

It's probably uncharitable in this context, but I have not forgotten your play in the Heartless anon game.
Deacon Blues
Deacon Blues
Mafia Scum
Deacon Blues
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7038 (isolation #871) » Tue Jan 05, 2021 10:16 am

Post by Deacon Blues »

You didn't leave and Mastina was there from the start. You replaced into a widely townread slot and got it miselimed because you wouldn't play the game.

but, ok.
Deacon Blues
Deacon Blues
Mafia Scum
Deacon Blues
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7040 (isolation #872) » Tue Jan 05, 2021 10:19 am

Post by Deacon Blues »

anyway. I'll stop snarking. That's a couple years worth of pent-up saltiness finally finding release!
Deacon Blues
Deacon Blues
Mafia Scum
Deacon Blues
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7044 (isolation #873) » Tue Jan 05, 2021 10:43 am

Post by Deacon Blues »

Superbowl, don't selfhammer.

Is Gypyx scum for E-1 voting you?
Deacon Blues
Deacon Blues
Mafia Scum
Deacon Blues
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7063 (isolation #874) » Tue Jan 05, 2021 11:27 am

Post by Deacon Blues »

In post 7058, Spiffeh wrote:Compare this with peta who's just me bad and scummy and shut down attempts I've make to pressure A50 before he's even posted for the Day, or get others to reevaluate my most confident scum read at this critical point in the game and skitter looks a whole lot better
this is the meat of your peta read after everything?

-b
Deacon Blues
Deacon Blues
Mafia Scum
Deacon Blues
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7068 (isolation #875) » Tue Jan 05, 2021 11:35 am

Post by Deacon Blues »

In post 7065, Firebringer wrote:
In post 7063, Deacon Blues wrote:
In post 7058, Spiffeh wrote:Compare this with peta who's just me bad and scummy and shut down attempts I've make to pressure A50 before he's even posted for the Day, or get others to reevaluate my most confident scum read at this critical point in the game and skitter looks a whole lot better
this is the meat of your peta read after everything?

-b
spiffeh reads most players based on how they interact with himself.
I don't really care about that

but this read boils down to "he's tunneling me". he's even engaged w/ you on a50 circa . how is he shutting down pressure on a50?

-b
Deacon Blues
Deacon Blues
Mafia Scum
Deacon Blues
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7070 (isolation #876) » Tue Jan 05, 2021 11:36 am

Post by Deacon Blues »

In post 7066, Almost50 wrote:PookyTheMagicalBear < Had no night action so don't see why hw wasn't sent to do the kill last night
man if pooky flips scum this is now +++scum

-b
Deacon Blues
Deacon Blues
Mafia Scum
Deacon Blues
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7072 (isolation #877) » Tue Jan 05, 2021 11:51 am

Post by Deacon Blues »

@Hench Princesses

In post 6016, Hench Princesses wrote:I don't know yet, hence why I'd like this thread to remain open

I mean if we collectively agree that inverted has ~5 scum we might want to send town there to shut down turnstiles and make it so there is a theoretical possibility of flipping scum as well. If we think inverted has 6 scum then we need to make sure we can reverse them turnstiling scum into our thread. Some of this might seem like fearmongering, but given our *intention* was to load that thread with scummy slots, I think it's not unreasonable to think we might have succeeded and there might be ~2 scum from our timeline now in that timeline, which means this is the only town-dominated timeline

there's larger strategic decisions we need to think about here beyond just "who we gonna kill"

basically if town wants to self-hammer this timeline we might as well just concede because we'd have to literally play the entire remainder of the game flawlessly which... newsflash, it's not looking like will happen

like I've been debating whether there's a chance it's theoretically impossible to even flip scum today. if there were 2 scum turnstiled out and spiffeh was the third then there could be 0 scum in this thread and 6 scum in the other, which means scum could wait for us to mislim here, then turnstile in scum post thread-lock to ensure they still get a nightkill. That more seems unlikely since I *think* the purple room turnstile resolved before daybreak and thus if spiffeh was last scum then this thread should have been confirmed clear, so we should have at least one scum here. But if it's 1-5 then this is the *only* thread we even have a chance of flipping scum in and we should just take it as a foregone conclusion inverted is flipping green today.

That is probably too paranoid, but I think this is a *fucking weird* gamestate that it's been very hard for me to engage with and I think we can just cool our jets until we have a better sense of what is going on. Personal take
I asked this question of Cakez near the end of Night 1, but didn't get an answer until after the neighborhood was closed. So, I passed the info to Dandelion in this post:

In post 4006, Deacon Blues wrote:
In post 4002, Dandelion Wine wrote:ffery, I am now suddenly a lot less sure of fast food.

Please hold me.
inorite? this is kinda awful. :/

at some point we need to post Imperium's reaslist. value in waiting for a bit nor no?

Also, cakez answered my question but I missed the threadlock. It's the latter. Should I go ahead and post/send that or no?
The transfer would have happened after all other night actions, but before the start of the next day.

If one of the threads had been cleared of scum, then that would have been announced when it happened. Using the purple turnstile was the last chance to have an announced thread-clear, and an announcement didn't happen at the end of Night 2.

So, you have at least one scum still in your thread today.
Deacon Blues
Deacon Blues
Mafia Scum
Deacon Blues
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7076 (isolation #878) » Tue Jan 05, 2021 12:23 pm

Post by Deacon Blues »

In post 7075, Dandelion Wine wrote:i guess the whole bodyguard thing could explain last night but i thought they were protecting not us
-ceph
They didn't acknowledge my post or the conversation in general, so who knows if they saw the posts or agreed with the gist of them. I hope they protected not-us.

With Dunn's neighborhood, at least one of the three was going to survive to share the overnight solving stuff from what I understand. bork and I would have had access to the neighborhood even if both you/Cabd and Dunn had died? I think that was the whole point to not protecting either of us.
Deacon Blues
Deacon Blues
Mafia Scum
Deacon Blues
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7120 (isolation #879) » Tue Jan 05, 2021 1:52 pm

Post by Deacon Blues »

Hi
Deacon Blues
Deacon Blues
Mafia Scum
Deacon Blues
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7126 (isolation #880) » Tue Jan 05, 2021 1:59 pm

Post by Deacon Blues »

In post 7124, Almost50 wrote:You think Scum!Pooky who was (still is) very likely to eat rope; and has nothing better to so, would be spared by his team and they risk sending someone else to do th kill?
i need to process response for a bit for various reasons

-b
Deacon Blues
Deacon Blues
Mafia Scum
Deacon Blues
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7131 (isolation #881) » Tue Jan 05, 2021 2:04 pm

Post by Deacon Blues »

that a50 response is probably a sign that my pet hypothesis is just wrong

-b
Deacon Blues
Deacon Blues
Mafia Scum
Deacon Blues
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7132 (isolation #882) » Tue Jan 05, 2021 2:05 pm

Post by Deacon Blues »

LLD do you strongly feel like your Pooky test was something he'd not know how to respond to as scum?
Deacon Blues
Deacon Blues
Mafia Scum
Deacon Blues
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7139 (isolation #883) » Tue Jan 05, 2021 2:12 pm

Post by Deacon Blues »

In post 3828, petapan wrote:regardless of pooky's alignment what a power move. i'm uh, concerned? at the speed of this. but my philosophy has been "get the day over with" and i'm not going to change that now that i'm apparently getting what i wanted
i remember initially townreading the heck out of this post, fwiw, but my acknowledge that it's kind of a weak tell

-b
Deacon Blues
Deacon Blues
Mafia Scum
Deacon Blues
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7140 (isolation #884) » Tue Jan 05, 2021 2:12 pm

Post by Deacon Blues »

In post 7135, Lady Lambdadelta wrote:
In post 7130, Dandelion Wine wrote:
In post 7125, Lady Lambdadelta wrote:kind of surprising me off the cuff a bit here cabd me boyo but not much to be done, i guess i'm playing nice lol
I don't recall seeing you like this in quite some time. But okay.

We know his claim and nobody counterclaimed him yeah? Does that some effect, a lot of effect, or no effect on your read?

Do you think that peta scum makes anyone here or the other side expliclty town as impossible to be a partner?
If Peta is scum, SB9 is town. That's my biggest one. I happen to think SB9 is v. town, and don't think Peta can be town with the way he pushed SB9 either.

Mechanically.... Peta's paired person would be town but is also dead. Maybe makes at most 1 other power role pair person scum?
SB's play upon arriving in the forwards thread really bothered me, as did his low activity here after being purple-roomed. Dunn's argument that he's looked like lost town over there does resonate, though.

Does town SB fake a threat to self-hammer?
Deacon Blues
Deacon Blues
Mafia Scum
Deacon Blues
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7146 (isolation #885) » Tue Jan 05, 2021 2:15 pm

Post by Deacon Blues »

In post 7142, petapan wrote:because he was still taking what i said as a personal insult
don't really see any evidence of this. he just called you scum for slapping him away

-b
Deacon Blues
Deacon Blues
Mafia Scum
Deacon Blues
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7149 (isolation #886) » Tue Jan 05, 2021 2:18 pm

Post by Deacon Blues »

In post 7144, Lady Lambdadelta wrote:
In post 7140, Deacon Blues wrote:
In post 7125, Lady Lambdadelta wrote:kind of surprising me off the cuff a bit here cabd me boyo but not much to be done, i guess i'm playing nice lol

We know his claim and nobody counterclaimed him yeah? Does that some effect, a lot of effect, or no effect on your read?

Do you think that peta scum makes anyone here or the other side expliclty town as impossible to be a partner?
If Peta is scum, SB9 is town. That's my biggest one. I happen to think SB9 is v. town, and don't think Peta can be town with the way he pushed SB9 either.

Mechanically.... Peta's paired person would be town but is also dead. Maybe makes at most 1 other power role pair person scum?
SB's play upon arriving in the forwards thread really bothered me, as did his low activity here after being purple-roomed. Dunn's argument that he's looked like lost town over there does resonate, though.

If you're asking this, you're assuming too much from a meta perspective? I don't know the dude, so I've no idea if that's in his range in that sense.

That said, from what I know of him, and how he has handled and conducted himself sofar this game?

it's in range. I'm not perturbed. SB9 is shaken and all fucked up over there and doing wacky shit. I'm not flinching from my read and it doesn't shake me here.
I thought it was far more likely coming from town than scum in a generic-bombastic-player model , but this is the first game I've played with him, so aside from skimming some games of his after unwnd expressed concerns day 1, I'm strictly going on what he's doing in this game.
Deacon Blues
Deacon Blues
Mafia Scum
Deacon Blues
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7152 (isolation #887) » Tue Jan 05, 2021 2:24 pm

Post by Deacon Blues »

In post 7151, Lady Lambdadelta wrote:
In post 7149, Deacon Blues wrote:
In post 7144, Lady Lambdadelta wrote:
In post 7140, Deacon Blues wrote:

If you're asking this, you're assuming too much from a meta perspective? I don't know the dude, so I've no idea if that's in his range in that sense.

That said, from what I know of him, and how he has handled and conducted himself sofar this game?

it's in range. I'm not perturbed. SB9 is shaken and all fucked up over there and doing wacky shit. I'm not flinching from my read and it doesn't shake me here.
I thought it was far more likely coming from town than scum in a generic-bombastic-player model , but this is the first game I've played with him, so aside from skimming some games of his after unwnd expressed concerns day 1, I'm strictly going on what he's doing in this game.
okay, well if it is just what he is doing this game, see above where ceph and i mind melded a bit.

SB9 is town cause the behaviour matches the intent and the intent comes from town. Dude's got the look. Savvy?
I actually think depending on how things are going for scum overall today that scum-SB9 might have self-hammered there so's to throw this thread into 48 hour panic mode. My read is not as strong as yours, though.
Deacon Blues
Deacon Blues
Mafia Scum
Deacon Blues
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7157 (isolation #888) » Tue Jan 05, 2021 2:26 pm

Post by Deacon Blues »

LLD do you like neighborhoods? Interested in the Purple Room tonight?
Deacon Blues
Deacon Blues
Mafia Scum
Deacon Blues
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7158 (isolation #889) » Tue Jan 05, 2021 2:28 pm

Post by Deacon Blues »

In post 7154, petapan wrote:that came across as bitter when i was just questioning him trying to understand how he thinks about things. i think his reasoning for his reads is undercooked and he's plying in a reactive emotional fashion but that's how i get as town when things are going poorly so i don't know
7067 seemed obviously to me

-b
Deacon Blues
Deacon Blues
Mafia Scum
Deacon Blues
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7165 (isolation #890) » Tue Jan 05, 2021 2:35 pm

Post by Deacon Blues »

It is a one night thing.

Who from the forwards thread would you want to sidebar with?
Deacon Blues
Deacon Blues
Mafia Scum
Deacon Blues
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7169 (isolation #891) » Tue Jan 05, 2021 2:37 pm

Post by Deacon Blues »

LLD it's more about if you think it helps you sort the game, or preserves your thoughts in case you get deaded. If you don't wanna, we can think about other good uses for it.

Dunn's a good choice IMO!
Deacon Blues
Deacon Blues
Mafia Scum
Deacon Blues
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7173 (isolation #892) » Tue Jan 05, 2021 2:43 pm

Post by Deacon Blues »

In post 7170, Lady Lambdadelta wrote:
In post 7169, Deacon Blues wrote:LLD it's more about if you think it helps you sort the game, or preserves your thoughts in case you get deaded. If you don't wanna, we can think about other good uses for it.

Dunn's a good choice IMO!
I'm in a weird spot where I think that I was shot last night and Gamma saved me and I have no good reason to think this other than my gut and spacing and shit.

And so having someone like Dunn who I town read but don't always have perfect 1:1 with reads on to just fucking lay all cards on the table and see where we go?

yeah I want that p. badly
I ran this by Dunn in the neighborhood, and I think he feels like you/he can converse via Dandelion or us, but my thought is that it's either not a private convo, or it involves annoying crumby stuff like Cabd and I were doing on Day 1.
Deacon Blues
Deacon Blues
Mafia Scum
Deacon Blues
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7176 (isolation #893) » Tue Jan 05, 2021 2:48 pm

Post by Deacon Blues »

UNVOTE: purple room LLD
Deacon Blues
Deacon Blues
Mafia Scum
Deacon Blues
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7195 (isolation #894) » Tue Jan 05, 2021 3:17 pm

Post by Deacon Blues »

In post 7179, skitter30 wrote:and i'm thinking that the n1 kill strongly, strongly points to scum in the group of people who were being very townread at the end of day1
don't feel like your reads jibe w/ this sentiment as much as they should

-b
Deacon Blues
Deacon Blues
Mafia Scum
Deacon Blues
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7197 (isolation #895) » Tue Jan 05, 2021 3:17 pm

Post by Deacon Blues »

In post 7183, skitter30 wrote:
In post 0, SirCakez wrote:Almost50
PookyTheMagicalBear
Spiffeh
Petapan
Deacon Blues (fferyllt/borkjerfkin)
Dandelion Wine (Cephrir/Cabd)
midwaybear
Firebringer
Lady Lambdadelta
skitter30
a50 is probably town. or enuf that i don't want to murder him
UNVOTE: pooky (i was just voting him so i know this won't be a hammer)
spiffeh will vote upon seeing a vc, not sure how many he has atm
peta is just town
deacon is probably town but annoying me. mroe paranoid of them than dandelion just now
dandelion is very likely town but annoying me too
midway will vote upon seeing a vc, not sure how many he has atm
fire is maybe town
and lld i guess i'm reluctantly caling town just now too

i think we should just round off massclaim at this point as well, at this point more than half fo the claims are out i think
How many scum do you think are in the reverse thread?

How are we/dandelion annoying you?

pedit that's a lot of scumreads/weakened reads in the forwards thread? Can you words them, especially the changes?
Deacon Blues
Deacon Blues
Mafia Scum
Deacon Blues
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7211 (isolation #896) » Tue Jan 05, 2021 4:44 pm

Post by Deacon Blues »

@Annie

How caught up is Bulge? What are his thoughts/reads?
Deacon Blues
Deacon Blues
Mafia Scum
Deacon Blues
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7213 (isolation #897) » Tue Jan 05, 2021 4:51 pm

Post by Deacon Blues »

In post 6049, superbowl9 wrote:Put me back at E-1 and we’ll test deacon’s theory
Let's not do this.
Deacon Blues
Deacon Blues
Mafia Scum
Deacon Blues
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7214 (isolation #898) » Tue Jan 05, 2021 4:52 pm

Post by Deacon Blues »

In post 6050, Annie Edison wrote:@deacon I’ve been talking into the void
Hmm. He's been active on site.
Deacon Blues
Deacon Blues
Mafia Scum
Deacon Blues
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7275 (isolation #899) » Tue Jan 05, 2021 6:17 pm

Post by Deacon Blues »

The last time y'all ran off on your own you wound up eliminating Flavor Leaf.

We're not doing this shit again.
Deacon Blues
Deacon Blues
Mafia Scum
Deacon Blues
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7284 (isolation #900) » Tue Jan 05, 2021 6:24 pm

Post by Deacon Blues »

In post 7270, midwaybear wrote:Pooky can you purple room me?
Let's talk.
Deacon Blues
Deacon Blues
Mafia Scum
Deacon Blues
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7286 (isolation #901) » Tue Jan 05, 2021 6:25 pm

Post by Deacon Blues »

Go to your room FB.
Deacon Blues
Deacon Blues
Mafia Scum
Deacon Blues
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7287 (isolation #902) » Tue Jan 05, 2021 6:29 pm

Post by Deacon Blues »

seriously, midway I had no idea you had a burning desire to visit the purple room. :/
Deacon Blues
Deacon Blues
Mafia Scum
Deacon Blues
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7289 (isolation #903) » Tue Jan 05, 2021 6:34 pm

Post by Deacon Blues »

hence my having no idea.
Deacon Blues
Deacon Blues
Mafia Scum
Deacon Blues
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7293 (isolation #904) » Tue Jan 05, 2021 6:46 pm

Post by Deacon Blues »

In post 7292, Lady Lambdadelta wrote:ffery you're not entertaining mwb for purple room after you gave me some possible motivation

right
No, I'm not not entertaining that.

checked the OP to be sure. The purple room is still accessible after the thread merge.

midway, I'd consider politicking for you to purple room it tomorrow.
Deacon Blues
Deacon Blues
Mafia Scum
Deacon Blues
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7294 (isolation #905) » Tue Jan 05, 2021 6:48 pm

Post by Deacon Blues »

If we're not alive, there will be folks alive who would honor that intent, I think.
Deacon Blues
Deacon Blues
Mafia Scum
Deacon Blues
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7296 (isolation #906) » Tue Jan 05, 2021 6:51 pm

Post by Deacon Blues »

I can appreciate wishing to have a quieter place than this thread to concentrate work out thoughts on the game with a townread.
Deacon Blues
Deacon Blues
Mafia Scum
Deacon Blues
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7298 (isolation #907) » Tue Jan 05, 2021 6:56 pm

Post by Deacon Blues »

According to the OP the purple room will still be there after the merger. Both timestreams will exist in the same thread.
Deacon Blues
Deacon Blues
Mafia Scum
Deacon Blues
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7301 (isolation #908) » Tue Jan 05, 2021 7:00 pm

Post by Deacon Blues »

petapan wrote:the implication was the game ends day 4
That qualifies as feeling pretty defeated.
Deacon Blues
Deacon Blues
Mafia Scum
Deacon Blues
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7309 (isolation #909) » Tue Jan 05, 2021 7:27 pm

Post by Deacon Blues »

In post 7306, Firebringer wrote:
In post 7286, Deacon Blues wrote:Go to your room FB.
Alright tell me when I can come out
<3

Now's good.
Deacon Blues
Deacon Blues
Mafia Scum
Deacon Blues
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7423 (isolation #910) » Wed Jan 06, 2021 11:02 am

Post by Deacon Blues »

Firebringer is the least weird thing happening in this thread right now.
Deacon Blues
Deacon Blues
Mafia Scum
Deacon Blues
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7426 (isolation #911) » Wed Jan 06, 2021 11:05 am

Post by Deacon Blues »

UNVOTE: Skitter

~sync
Deacon Blues
Deacon Blues
Mafia Scum
Deacon Blues
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7463 (isolation #912) » Wed Jan 06, 2021 11:34 am

Post by Deacon Blues »

In post 7456, petapan wrote:it didn't feel like people wanted to ask tough questions.
this is a lot of why i think this game is weird:

"tough questions" today i think means "who in this semi-agreed upon townbloc actually isn't town"

this is probably the day we need to have that out instead of just "doing a pooky"

For example, a few people have said "maybe one of the hydras is scum" - I've heard that from multiple people. I know why firebringer thinks it at this point.

One of the reasons I think skitter is scum (and if she is, dandelion likely just isn't) is that she keeps throwing that sentiment around but has I think no vehicle to push either of us because we're both town.
I got her initial frustration with a lot of the reasons for pushes on her early on because there was a ton of cloak and dagger shit going on in hoods. At this point I think that kind of crap is actively detracting from the game and I've been pretty much boycotting the hood today because of it.

So now's the time to have a bit of a thread reset - Skitter, others: where's the scum in the "not heavily contested townreads" and why.
Because I want to know if you legitimately think that.
Nothing's off limits.

-b
Deacon Blues
Deacon Blues
Mafia Scum
Deacon Blues
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7472 (isolation #913) » Wed Jan 06, 2021 11:41 am

Post by Deacon Blues »

@annie - because if one of us is scum you've got a heavily infiltrated townbloc that you don't feel any need to agitate, is why i think that

-b
Deacon Blues
Deacon Blues
Mafia Scum
Deacon Blues
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7475 (isolation #914) » Wed Jan 06, 2021 11:43 am

Post by Deacon Blues »

inversely if spiffeh is scum i'd think the opposite, he has me and dandelion just seemingly permanently parked at the top and that would need scrutiny

-b
Deacon Blues
Deacon Blues
Mafia Scum
Deacon Blues
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7484 (isolation #915) » Wed Jan 06, 2021 11:47 am

Post by Deacon Blues »

In post 7474, skitter30 wrote:i mean ... again, from my pov, you lot have done nothing for a week and came back with a vote on me that isn't explained, has no progression, and as best as i see came out of thin air. do you not see why this might be *currently actively frustrating*? not just for the fact that the vote was on me but for the fact that i literally can't tell how or why or when you came to that conclusion, what your reads are, or what you're even doing in this game.

like you're calling me out for being annoyed abt this as you *actively continue to do it* so you placing the onus on me for being annoyed is, frankly, ridiculous

like you boycotting the hood today because it's not helpful is ... exactly impossible for me to see happening? how am i supposed to know that you stopped doing it? like ...
I feel like i've talked quite a bit about what my reads are. Peta even asked me for a list, and I gave it (I think my list would be different now, but that's neither here nor there regarding your objection to my play)

What am i actively continuing to do that you're being annoyed about? Like I seriously don't get it? What have I ever done to you that makes it impossible to deal with me?

re: boycotting the hood: You can literally ask cabd, ceph, or dunnstral if i've been saying shit to that effect in the hood (that I'm tuning it out) if you don't believe me, lol. I feel like that's pretty obvious.

-b
Deacon Blues
Deacon Blues
Mafia Scum
Deacon Blues
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7488 (isolation #916) » Wed Jan 06, 2021 11:51 am

Post by Deacon Blues »

@annie: I think bell is town on account of every time I look at one of his scumgames it just looks like he's just utterly lost and has no idea what to do and is weak and impotent and this is just patently not that.
Never played w/ bell scum and ffery last i checked did not agree but I think he's town

-b
Deacon Blues
Deacon Blues
Mafia Scum
Deacon Blues
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7508 (isolation #917) » Wed Jan 06, 2021 12:05 pm

Post by Deacon Blues »

In post 7491, skitter30 wrote:you're saying that you're taking a concrete action to help with this problem that is literally impossible for me to see or know about without *asking the people in said hood how you're interacting there*.
like why would it even occur to me to think you're not posting there in order to mitigate this when you've made no indication as such here?
again literally the exact thing i'm complaining about?
I mean the only reason I brought it up is I wanted to note that I was making a good faith effort to not do the things that you (and others) have taken umbrage to in the past...and your angle seemed to be that since I can't prove I'm doing it that I'm not, and when I ask you what exactly your issue is with my play today you just say "they're not solving" or "you show me where they're solving" and you just keep falling back on that argument or flipping the burden of proof on me

re: naked vote: I am not required to convince you you're scum.

re: -ev to town: whatever. If I'm bad, post game I'll mea culpa to your heart's content if that will help. I do the best w/ what I've got. (I'm not taking it as a personal attack)

p-edit: haven't read like the last 10 posts yet
Deacon Blues
Deacon Blues
Mafia Scum
Deacon Blues
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7513 (isolation #918) » Wed Jan 06, 2021 12:07 pm

Post by Deacon Blues »

people w/ skitter experience: is this ATE legit? does she do this as scum to wriggle out of stuff?

-b
Deacon Blues
Deacon Blues
Mafia Scum
Deacon Blues
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7520 (isolation #919) » Wed Jan 06, 2021 12:09 pm

Post by Deacon Blues »

In post 7517, Firebringer wrote:
In post 7513, Deacon Blues wrote:people w/ skitter experience: is this ATE legit? does she do this as scum to wriggle out of stuff?

-b
i dont recall skitter ever AtE tbh
more to the point do you think this AtE makes her town?

-b
Deacon Blues
Deacon Blues
Mafia Scum
Deacon Blues
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7521 (isolation #920) » Wed Jan 06, 2021 12:10 pm

Post by Deacon Blues »

Because I'll admit I'm legitimately concerned about it

-b
Deacon Blues
Deacon Blues
Mafia Scum
Deacon Blues
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7523 (isolation #921) » Wed Jan 06, 2021 12:11 pm

Post by Deacon Blues »

honestly if this is skitter being mean then I want her in every playerlist i play with until the end of time

-b
Deacon Blues
Deacon Blues
Mafia Scum
Deacon Blues
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7526 (isolation #922) » Wed Jan 06, 2021 12:13 pm

Post by Deacon Blues »

In post 7516, Lady Lambdadelta wrote:"look at me i'm doing the town thing"
vintage 2014 bork tbh

i've moved past that and accept that i'll occasionally get miselimed because of it
Deacon Blues
Deacon Blues
Mafia Scum
Deacon Blues
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7537 (isolation #923) » Wed Jan 06, 2021 12:17 pm

Post by Deacon Blues »

I don't have any response to that i think would improve this conversation other than i think skitter has just decided I'm not solving and that's that, which ok noted i guess, and i think one of my children just hurt himself very badly upstairs so, uh, back later

-b
Deacon Blues
Deacon Blues
Mafia Scum
Deacon Blues
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7543 (isolation #924) » Wed Jan 06, 2021 12:20 pm

Post by Deacon Blues »

oh nvm my youngest just whacked my middle somethin fierce geez

-b
Deacon Blues
Deacon Blues
Mafia Scum
Deacon Blues
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7545 (isolation #925) » Wed Jan 06, 2021 12:21 pm

Post by Deacon Blues »

In post 6440, Deacon Blues wrote:
In post 6438, Lady Lambdadelta wrote:CANNOT.

Do you get my drift?
yes

-b
i felt you lld

-b
Deacon Blues
Deacon Blues
Mafia Scum
Deacon Blues
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7548 (isolation #926) » Wed Jan 06, 2021 12:22 pm

Post by Deacon Blues »

he's prolly gonna have a shiner

-b
Deacon Blues
Deacon Blues
Mafia Scum
Deacon Blues
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7552 (isolation #927) » Wed Jan 06, 2021 12:24 pm

Post by Deacon Blues »

outside of

spffieh
lld
us

who isn't claimed here yet?

-b
Deacon Blues
Deacon Blues
Mafia Scum
Deacon Blues
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7558 (isolation #928) » Wed Jan 06, 2021 12:35 pm

Post by Deacon Blues »

In post 7554, petapan wrote:(not that i think it's incorrect but it's the way scum like to make people doubt things)
i mean fwiw you're not wrong here and i'm not just writing off LLD for this (this is exactly what i did in illicit except that i was extremely hamfisted about it because i am bad) but townread her outside the claim

-b
Deacon Blues
Deacon Blues
Mafia Scum
Deacon Blues
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7560 (isolation #929) » Wed Jan 06, 2021 12:42 pm

Post by Deacon Blues »

Skitter you've posited a deepwolf in the townblock. You've been jabbing at us forever, but apparently dandelion or we aren't your suspect.

Who is?
Deacon Blues
Deacon Blues
Mafia Scum
Deacon Blues
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7561 (isolation #930) » Wed Jan 06, 2021 12:50 pm

Post by Deacon Blues »

In post 6146, Bell wrote:It is extremely weird that they're misreading both of us Annie, I'll give you that.
I can imagine Cabd misreading me.
I really can't imagine FF being anything more than a waffle.
Sigh. It's a sad state of affairs but yes I'm probably going to waffle on Annie occasionally until I have scum reads I feel more strongly about than currently. Or Bulge shows up and does town stuff because his lack of presence in this game is troubling.

In post 6147, Bell wrote:They are both misreading you right?
I mean not in the ahah, what if they're actually reading you correctly! snipe.
I mean they literally both said you're scum?
I'm not scumreading Annie.

Every time I start to question if I'm wrong on you, you do this discredit/sow division thing and I think this is not and cannot be the pure-hearted town Bell I know and love.
Deacon Blues
Deacon Blues
Mafia Scum
Deacon Blues
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7566 (isolation #931) » Wed Jan 06, 2021 1:00 pm

Post by Deacon Blues »

It's the second time I've called you out for this behavior Bell.

Also:
In post 6999, Deacon Blues wrote:
@BELL

Can you explain the evolution of your skitter read?
Deacon Blues
Deacon Blues
Mafia Scum
Deacon Blues
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7568 (isolation #932) » Wed Jan 06, 2021 1:09 pm

Post by Deacon Blues »

In post 6154, Annie Edison wrote:@ffery do you think he’s trying to pocket me? Why would he be? It’s not like I can save him lol I’m lucky if I don’t die today

@brian why should I want to vote bell?
Y'all should listen to Dunn over there.
Deacon Blues
Deacon Blues
Mafia Scum
Deacon Blues
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7569 (isolation #933) » Wed Jan 06, 2021 1:19 pm

Post by Deacon Blues »

In post 6154, Annie Edison wrote:@ffery do you think he’s trying to pocket me? Why would he be? It’s not like I can save him lol I’m lucky if I don’t die today

@brian why should I want to vote bell?
I think he's trying to drive a wedge between me and dandelion, and fan the flames of your paranoia more so than trying to pocket you or me.

I have enough paranoid scenarios going on inside my head right now.
Deacon Blues
Deacon Blues
Mafia Scum
Deacon Blues
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7574 (isolation #934) » Wed Jan 06, 2021 1:31 pm

Post by Deacon Blues »

UNVOTE: Almost50
Deacon Blues
Deacon Blues
Mafia Scum
Deacon Blues
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7581 (isolation #935) » Wed Jan 06, 2021 2:04 pm

Post by Deacon Blues »

Dandelion, thoughts about mass claim in this thread?

I don't think A50 has gotten nearly enough pressure, given we have 3 other players at E-2 atm.
Deacon Blues
Deacon Blues
Mafia Scum
Deacon Blues
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7594 (isolation #936) » Wed Jan 06, 2021 2:28 pm

Post by Deacon Blues »

In post 7587, skitter30 wrote:again just because *you* have all this information doesn't mean the rest of us do ...
(like bork ffs it's still ongoing, this is why i'm annoyed)
nuh uh. you don't get to point to anything that happened in the hood at any point and go "look it's still happening"

-b
Deacon Blues
Deacon Blues
Mafia Scum
Deacon Blues
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7599 (isolation #937) » Wed Jan 06, 2021 2:32 pm

Post by Deacon Blues »

In post 7596, skitter30 wrote:i can't tell what's in the hood so that's literally impossible for me to say
then what are you even taking about lol

-b
Deacon Blues
Deacon Blues
Mafia Scum
Deacon Blues
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7603 (isolation #938) » Wed Jan 06, 2021 2:34 pm

Post by Deacon Blues »

In post 7601, Dandelion Wine wrote:You two hit a red oil well.
cautiousoptimism.tiff
Deacon Blues
Deacon Blues
Mafia Scum
Deacon Blues
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7611 (isolation #939) » Wed Jan 06, 2021 2:40 pm

Post by Deacon Blues »

In post 7606, skitter30 wrote:at some point bop should kick in too, as far as i'm aware you're not supposed to be this wrong
but hopefully tomorrow
so is someone scum here or what's this mean?

-b
Deacon Blues
Deacon Blues
Mafia Scum
Deacon Blues
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7615 (isolation #940) » Wed Jan 06, 2021 2:42 pm

Post by Deacon Blues »

In post 7613, Firebringer wrote:well i already think cabd/ceph is the scum pair out of the deacon/dandellion conspiracy skitter
do you think skitter is scum or no?

-b
Deacon Blues
Deacon Blues
Mafia Scum
Deacon Blues
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7618 (isolation #941) » Wed Jan 06, 2021 2:43 pm

Post by Deacon Blues »

i get that

i don't know how she'd respond to this kind of push as scum

but like i feel like there's a ton of avenues to follow here that don't involve constantly lambasting us for ruining the game or whatever but that's just her one play here, over and over and i hate it

-b
Deacon Blues
Deacon Blues
Mafia Scum
Deacon Blues
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7619 (isolation #942) » Wed Jan 06, 2021 2:44 pm

Post by Deacon Blues »

In post 7617, skitter30 wrote:idk. he's either outrageously wrong as town or scum
the difference between the two is something you just never seem that interested in discerning

-b
Deacon Blues
Deacon Blues
Mafia Scum
Deacon Blues
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7625 (isolation #943) » Wed Jan 06, 2021 2:50 pm

Post by Deacon Blues »

In post 7620, Firebringer wrote:dandellion and deacon have been very good resisting massive amount of pressure to break up their internal block. i wonder if this is a psychological case of both just seeing everyone trying to undermine their block so they go "no this is a solid block" or if it means scum in it don't have reason to push against this (and dandellion is the one that has had least paranoia about the group so i would point it to them) or if it means both are actually town and we are doing scum bidding by trying to break it up
if it's any consolation i've broken down about dandelion 3 or 4 times on discord to ffery and she keeps setting me back straight on it
their role is very +scum and it's the biggest source of paranoia for me
at the same time if you read purple room post game on N1 it's going to be very very apparently why i townread the slot over everything else and i probably need to paraphrase what happened there for anyone to empathize w/ that
Deacon Blues
Deacon Blues
Mafia Scum
Deacon Blues
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7626 (isolation #944) » Wed Jan 06, 2021 2:51 pm

Post by Deacon Blues »

In post 7623, skitter30 wrote:
In post 7619, Deacon Blues wrote:
In post 7617, skitter30 wrote:idk. he's either outrageously wrong as town or scum
the difference between the two is something you just never seem that interested in discerning

-b
no, i'm definitely interested. i just don't have what i need to make an assessment and i get rebuffed when i asked. it's been like, what, three weeks since we started this whole rigamarole and you rebuff me each time so i'm not really expecting anything different but like if i keep asking and you refuse to answer like i'm not really sure what you want from me.

i need to understand your/his slots reads to read you. you're actively witholding that.
it's hard for me to form reads when i can't see thought processes and motivtions.

i can pull out probably dozens of examples of me trying to understand your reads and getting rebuffed.
can you show me an instance of me rebuffing you on something because i'm legitimately trying to empathize here

-b
Deacon Blues
Deacon Blues
Mafia Scum
Deacon Blues
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7627 (isolation #945) » Wed Jan 06, 2021 2:53 pm

Post by Deacon Blues »

In post 7621, skitter30 wrote:but you're actively witholding the information i need to come down on either side so like
what do you need to know
from me
right now
that you don't know

-b
Deacon Blues
Deacon Blues
Mafia Scum
Deacon Blues
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7629 (isolation #946) » Wed Jan 06, 2021 2:57 pm

Post by Deacon Blues »

In post 7624, Firebringer wrote:VOTE: skitter
i agree with skitter; dandellion push looks funky as fuck and i am not sure if its a buss or just seeing an opportunity
It's basically Xenoblade 2 the second.

You were there. What did you think about his play then?
Deacon Blues
Deacon Blues
Mafia Scum
Deacon Blues
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7631 (isolation #947) » Wed Jan 06, 2021 2:58 pm

Post by Deacon Blues »

In post 7628, midwaybear wrote:Scum really trying to keep Pooky alive huh
Name names.
Deacon Blues
Deacon Blues
Mafia Scum
Deacon Blues
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7638 (isolation #948) » Wed Jan 06, 2021 3:01 pm

Post by Deacon Blues »

In post 7630, skitter30 wrote:since they don't do anything without cabd's approval that means he changed his mind at some point
yes if there's anything i give a fuck about it's cabd's approval lol

-b
Deacon Blues
Deacon Blues
Mafia Scum
Deacon Blues
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7644 (isolation #949) » Wed Jan 06, 2021 3:02 pm

Post by Deacon Blues »

In post 7630, skitter30 wrote:then deacon votes me.
since they don't do anything without cabd's approval
that means he changed his mind at some point
This is false. particularly if you're thinking ANYTHING we've done in the last 24-36 hours was with pre-approval.
Deacon Blues
Deacon Blues
Mafia Scum
Deacon Blues
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7646 (isolation #950) » Wed Jan 06, 2021 3:03 pm

Post by Deacon Blues »

In post 7640, Firebringer wrote:hostilities are rising. Firebringer doesn't approve.
at no point is this going to escalate into personal attacks on my end, you've got my utter word on that. this is important to shake out to me

-b
Deacon Blues
Deacon Blues
Mafia Scum
Deacon Blues
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7648 (isolation #951) » Wed Jan 06, 2021 3:04 pm

Post by Deacon Blues »

In post 7635, skitter30 wrote:
In post 7625, Deacon Blues wrote:their role is very +scum and it's the biggest source of paranoia for me
also things like this is what's annoying. you know what his role is. this is apparently a relevant data point. i do not.
like actively playing in the dark is frustrating because i don't know why it's being played this way and you're making silly decisions off of it
You know everything about their role that we do. They are a purple room neighborhood gatecrasher.
Deacon Blues
Deacon Blues
Mafia Scum
Deacon Blues
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7651 (isolation #952) » Wed Jan 06, 2021 3:05 pm

Post by Deacon Blues »

In post 7637, skitter30 wrote:
In post 7626, Deacon Blues wrote:can you show me an instance of me rebuffing you on something because i'm legitimately trying to empathize here

-b
you was a collective you for you/ffery/bork
i can quote a whole bunch, do you really want that?
for real, yes, i absolutely want that

-b
Deacon Blues
Deacon Blues
Mafia Scum
Deacon Blues
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7655 (isolation #953) » Wed Jan 06, 2021 3:08 pm

Post by Deacon Blues »

In post 7630, skitter30 wrote:why are you scurmeading me. like if you can actually give a few sentences with reasons that would be helpful
i mean, i could do this, sure (and have a decent amount in thread about it already), but like I thought we were talking about what you want from me regarding how i can give you your agency back because so much of our play has involved neighborhood play that we're keeping guarded

-b
Deacon Blues
Deacon Blues
Mafia Scum
Deacon Blues
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7656 (isolation #954) » Wed Jan 06, 2021 3:10 pm

Post by Deacon Blues »

In post 7652, skitter30 wrote:them literally being a role that can add themselves to the purple room is incredibly scummy
to also lay all the cards on the table: straight up mod did NOT tell us in the purple room that dandelion was a part of the purple room until they posted, meaning they could've just listened.
i'm townreading them regardless of that

-b
Deacon Blues
Deacon Blues
Mafia Scum
Deacon Blues
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7658 (isolation #955) » Wed Jan 06, 2021 3:12 pm

Post by Deacon Blues »

In post 7650, skitter30 wrote:
In post 7644, Deacon Blues wrote:
In post 7630, skitter30 wrote:then deacon votes me.
since they don't do anything without cabd's approval
that means he changed his mind at some point
This is false. particularly if you're thinking ANYTHING we've done in the last 24-36 hours was with pre-approval.
i mean ok? it looks the same from here so like if this is something i'm supposed to just divine i cannot
from my pov it looks coordinated and like you discussed it and came to this conclusion
if it's not than the timing is incredibly weird
Nope. Bork has wanted to vote you for a few days. I wanted to hold off and watch the interactions with the current wagons, and also wanted to simmer on the stuff that you've been doing that bugs me -- jabbing and digging, but never actually getting to grips with us.

It was my idea and only my idea to ask LLD about the purple room. It was a purely gut decision to see how she reacted.

It was my idea to finally vote you and I checked with bork to see if it was still where his head is at. I didn't post a word about it in the neighborhood.

It was my idea to vote A50, and I checked with bork and no one else.

I should probably work a lot more closely with bork than I do, but we're partners not a hive mind.

I have backed away somewhat on the neighborhood because bork isn't comfortable with it, and sometimes I want to live in my own thoughts, too.
Deacon Blues
Deacon Blues
Mafia Scum
Deacon Blues
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7667 (isolation #956) » Wed Jan 06, 2021 3:18 pm

Post by Deacon Blues »

i feel like you're just walking this back to "you're a hydra how am i supposed to deal with that" which is =/

-b
Deacon Blues
Deacon Blues
Mafia Scum
Deacon Blues
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7671 (isolation #957) » Wed Jan 06, 2021 3:20 pm

Post by Deacon Blues »

In post 6261, Annie Edison wrote:Bork why are YOU townreading dandelion
dude you're being fucking weird

-b
Deacon Blues
Deacon Blues
Mafia Scum
Deacon Blues
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7676 (isolation #958) » Wed Jan 06, 2021 3:23 pm

Post by Deacon Blues »

In post 7660, skitter30 wrote:
In post 7655, Deacon Blues wrote:
In post 7630, skitter30 wrote:why are you scurmeading me. like if you can actually give a few sentences with reasons that would be helpful
i mean, i could do this, sure (and have a decent amount in thread about it already), but like I thought we were talking about what you want from me regarding how i can give you your agency back because so much of our play has involved neighborhood play that we're keeping guarded

-b
well they're tied together. i don't like things are being kept guarded because it's withholding the data that i need to solve things.
if i got the data i wouldn't mind as much.
This is on you. Their role WAS DISCUSSED IN THREAD on day 2.
Deacon Blues
Deacon Blues
Mafia Scum
Deacon Blues
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7684 (isolation #959) » Wed Jan 06, 2021 3:26 pm

Post by Deacon Blues »

In post 7682, skitter30 wrote:it was *not* obvious that *he had a role that enabled him to choose to be there that night*. that's the new part
what did you think happened?

-b
Deacon Blues
Deacon Blues
Mafia Scum
Deacon Blues
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7687 (isolation #960) » Wed Jan 06, 2021 3:27 pm

Post by Deacon Blues »

i feel like i could dedicate the rest of my life to the pursuit of weird and just never even come close

-b
Deacon Blues
Deacon Blues
Mafia Scum
Deacon Blues
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7688 (isolation #961) » Wed Jan 06, 2021 3:27 pm

Post by Deacon Blues »

In post 7665, skitter30 wrote:
In post 7658, Deacon Blues wrote:Nope. Bork has wanted to vote you for a few days. I wanted to hold off and watch the interactions with the current wagons, and also wanted to simmer on the stuff that you've been doing that bugs me -- jabbing and digging, but never actually getting to grips with us.

It was my idea and only my idea to ask LLD about the purple room. It was a purely gut decision to see how she reacted.

It was my idea to finally vote you and I checked with bork to see if it was still where his head is at. I didn't post a word about it in the neighborhood.

It was my idea to vote A50, and I checked with bork and no one else.

I should probably work a lot more closely with bork than I do, but we're partners not a hive mind.

I have backed away somewhat on the neighborhood because bork isn't comfortable with it, and sometimes I want to live in my own thoughts, too.
ok, and once again, given that literally none of this was in thread from my pov it's impossible to know this and i was working with the information i had.
i can't know what you're thinking or doing to solve things when you're not sharing your thougths ...
You can just assume that I'm acting on my own and ask if you aren't sure. Both hydra telegraph when we're working together on something. See Cabd inviting me to the discussion with LLD last night.
Deacon Blues
Deacon Blues
Mafia Scum
Deacon Blues
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7701 (isolation #962) » Wed Jan 06, 2021 3:32 pm

Post by Deacon Blues »

In post 7695, Lady Lambdadelta wrote:I am gonna go play oot randomizer
may your water temples be superfluous

-b
Deacon Blues
Deacon Blues
Mafia Scum
Deacon Blues
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7705 (isolation #963) » Wed Jan 06, 2021 3:33 pm

Post by Deacon Blues »

In post 7698, skitter30 wrote:events that happened didn't feel natural
you can go into more detail on this in particular, sure

-b
Deacon Blues
Deacon Blues
Mafia Scum
Deacon Blues
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7724 (isolation #964) » Wed Jan 06, 2021 3:44 pm

Post by Deacon Blues »

In post 6269, Annie Edison wrote:@bork I’ve been trying to figure out why you think I’m weird

Is it bc I’m actively engaging you more right now?
no? that's generally what i look for in town-you
you just went from 0 to cabd-scum in not very much and w/o the necessary analysis that i think you would need to get there in particular

i'll post my townread on dandelion in a nutshell but need to clear w/ cakez; involves some paraphrasing from purple n1

-b
Deacon Blues
Deacon Blues
Mafia Scum
Deacon Blues
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7732 (isolation #965) » Wed Jan 06, 2021 3:50 pm

Post by Deacon Blues »

midway seems the type of person to me that very much tries to appease the status quo when he is scum. he very much did that in illicit and from FGO from what i read.

This looks more like SFA midway to me.

I am turning into an armchair metaer but that's about all i have to go off midway with

-b
Deacon Blues
Deacon Blues
Mafia Scum
Deacon Blues
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7735 (isolation #966) » Wed Jan 06, 2021 3:50 pm

Post by Deacon Blues »

In post 7698, skitter30 wrote:
In post 7684, Deacon Blues wrote:
In post 7682, skitter30 wrote:it was *not* obvious that *he had a role that enabled him to choose to be there that night*. that's the new part
what did you think happened?

-b
he got added in some way. i was thinking specifically that people in purple room can choose to add a slot that night. that wouldn't have been scum indicative for him, because it makes sense that you/imperium would add him

the fact that dandelion put themselves in there is stupidly scum indicative given who was there that night and how the purple room stuff later unfolded, and the longer-term affects of it

(basically how the superbowl/spiffeh thing happened was bizarre, and there was a scum involved, and i'm now like 85% certain it's cabd)

like i keep saying the game is fucky and that it's stemming from what you two did that night, and that's why i'm getting paranoid because the events that happened didn't feel natural. do you kinda follow what i'm thinking or do i need to take astep back and try to explain this better?
They crumbed that they gatecrash the purple room very clearly on Day 1. Cabd said that their role is almost exactly what Flavor Leaf's role in in Xenoblade 2 in the first few hours of the game thread being open.

That info was in this thread available to anyone who played the Xenoblade game: Me, Firebringer, petapan, LLD, Notsci, Bell, Brian Skies, midway bear, Dunnstral, Noraa, Gamma (not checking the player list so I may have missed someone.)

Spiffeh and Titus were also in that game, but replaced in late so I don't assume they were aware of the details of FL's role.

Maaaaaybe I was the only one who interpreted those crumbs correctly, but I doubt it and if I am the only one who did, then shame on the rest of ya. Play better.
Deacon Blues
Deacon Blues
Mafia Scum
Deacon Blues
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7740 (isolation #967) » Wed Jan 06, 2021 3:52 pm

Post by Deacon Blues »

In every post, everyone wrote:eliminating randomly is better than eliminating me because I know what happens if you eliminate me.

that's how reality works.
Deacon Blues
Deacon Blues
Mafia Scum
Deacon Blues
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7741 (isolation #968) » Wed Jan 06, 2021 3:52 pm

Post by Deacon Blues »

In post 7738, Spiffeh wrote:I thought his naked vote on me appeased petapan and went along with status quo

But maybe I'm biased
meh

-b
Deacon Blues
Deacon Blues
Mafia Scum
Deacon Blues
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7758 (isolation #969) » Wed Jan 06, 2021 4:01 pm

Post by Deacon Blues »

pooky i feel like people have engaged you on your reads and you've responded with flippant tinfoil teams while not making it obvious whether or not you're joking and then bailing

-b
Deacon Blues
Deacon Blues
Mafia Scum
Deacon Blues
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7771 (isolation #970) » Wed Jan 06, 2021 4:07 pm

Post by Deacon Blues »

In post 7751, skitter30 wrote:ok but now fastforward to day3: where is that suspicion of spiffeh? why hasn't there been any followup on that read? like that's why they picked spiffeh from that timeline,right? sooooo what happened to doing anything about it now that he's here?
not sure that's true on their end but frankly i'm having a lot of trouble finding it

i was somewhat townreading spiffeh at that point and townreading superbowl and we wanted to give them a shot at getting into the timestream where their roles worked.

Even if it had been true that it was to get scum!spiffeh here it would've been so that we could see if cakez declared forward scum-free at this point, which obviously did not happen (and spiffeh could've just not agreed to turnstyle if he had been the last scum over there anyway)

so unless you think sb is scum, exactly what are the nefarious purposes people are using purple room for?

-b
Deacon Blues
Deacon Blues
Mafia Scum
Deacon Blues
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7776 (isolation #971) » Wed Jan 06, 2021 4:11 pm

Post by Deacon Blues »

In post 7766, skitter30 wrote:and it's nto that it's mechanically incorrect, per se, so much as it hasn't actually helped town in any apprciable way.
then i feel like your attitude should've been

Spoiler:

and not the attitude you've had about the purple room

-b
Deacon Blues
Deacon Blues
Mafia Scum
Deacon Blues
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7778 (isolation #972) » Wed Jan 06, 2021 4:12 pm

Post by Deacon Blues »

In post 7739, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:
In post 7734, Dandelion Wine wrote:i mean yes you're right. we haven't been going after big players. my argument to that point is that hp are scum and i can't do anything about it right now. but you can be on the low end for charisma and still town it up. it's a whole thing. but i dont really see you doing much besides giving up. you said you'd like to nuke my slot a couple days ago and i don't know why/it doesn't seem like you really give a fuck abot that read or much of anything.
-ceph
I can read a room dude

it's basically a bunch of people who all incorrectly read me except LLD and everyone is just angling to position better for ELo tomm so I'm sorry I find it difficult to scrounge up motivation for a game where I have little agency or say in who gets eliminated.
We're not voting you.

It's a struggle.

But we're not.
Deacon Blues
Deacon Blues
Mafia Scum
Deacon Blues
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7781 (isolation #973) » Wed Jan 06, 2021 4:13 pm

Post by Deacon Blues »

In post 7779, petapan wrote:i had the same conclusion as well but at this point you have to think not everyone with a pr who works in the other thread can be town right?
no shit? lol

-b
Deacon Blues
Deacon Blues
Mafia Scum
Deacon Blues
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7783 (isolation #974) » Wed Jan 06, 2021 4:13 pm

Post by Deacon Blues »

In post 7780, Firebringer wrote:I am stunned i am the only one concerned with grilling pooky.
you're doing the lord's work continue

-b
Deacon Blues
Deacon Blues
Mafia Scum
Deacon Blues
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7791 (isolation #975) » Wed Jan 06, 2021 4:17 pm

Post by Deacon Blues »

In post 7786, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:King: DWine
Queen: DBlue
Prime Minister: Peta the Red
Loyal Guard: MidwayBear
Court Jester: Fire Goblin
it's really hard to take seriously a reads list that has both us and dandelion as scum on it: "i'm getting mcfucked eventually and GL with this WIFOM crap"

-b
Deacon Blues
Deacon Blues
Mafia Scum
Deacon Blues
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7795 (isolation #976) » Wed Jan 06, 2021 4:18 pm

Post by Deacon Blues »

what the fuck is it then lol

-b
Deacon Blues
Deacon Blues
Mafia Scum
Deacon Blues
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7801 (isolation #977) » Wed Jan 06, 2021 4:22 pm

Post by Deacon Blues »

In post 7797, skitter30 wrote:here we go. i couldn't find it dandelion's iso cuz deacon said it. but dandelion was obviously involved in this decision
i mean it clearly had utility if he's town (role activation) and if he's last scum (potential clearing of the thread)

i feel like that was made pretty clear in that post and i didn't even write it

-b
Deacon Blues
Deacon Blues
Mafia Scum
Deacon Blues
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7802 (isolation #978) » Wed Jan 06, 2021 4:23 pm

Post by Deacon Blues »

In post 7799, Firebringer wrote:pooky do u think u taste better medium well or rare?
pooky cooks a mean motherfucking ribeye i saw pics so he'd better get this right

-b
Deacon Blues
Deacon Blues
Mafia Scum
Deacon Blues
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7812 (isolation #979) » Wed Jan 06, 2021 4:28 pm

Post by Deacon Blues »

In post 7803, skitter30 wrote:, the followup of spiffeh potentially being scum never happeend with either of your slots, even tho he's being plenty scummy here
i mean neither of our slots have called him town here; i've engaged him a bit and he might be scum but he's not my #1 and he's not been exactly omnipresent yet

not sure what you expected to happen in the event his removal didn't prompt a "forwards thread is now a world where the only restaurant is taco bell and we have the three seashells" esp considering what ffery had to say about the read coming in

we turboelim him or what?

-b
Deacon Blues
Deacon Blues
Mafia Scum
Deacon Blues
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7815 (isolation #980) » Wed Jan 06, 2021 4:30 pm

Post by Deacon Blues »

In post 7807, Firebringer wrote:this skitter/deacon/dandellion stuff is a distraction methinks
disagree; i don't like skitter's responses to pretty much anything here, i think she's moving a lot of goalposts and supporting conclusions that don't follow from her original premises and trying to distract us w/ solicitations for reasons so that she can argue us in a loop and prompt responses like yours

-b
Deacon Blues
Deacon Blues
Mafia Scum
Deacon Blues
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7820 (isolation #981) » Wed Jan 06, 2021 4:32 pm

Post by Deacon Blues »

i'm about to the point where i want both skitter and pooky gone and i don't care in which order

resyncing w/ ffery on that

-b
Deacon Blues
Deacon Blues
Mafia Scum
Deacon Blues
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7824 (isolation #982) » Wed Jan 06, 2021 4:34 pm

Post by Deacon Blues »

In post 7822, petapan wrote:your #1 is currently skitter?
yes

-b
Deacon Blues
Deacon Blues
Mafia Scum
Deacon Blues
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7826 (isolation #983) » Wed Jan 06, 2021 4:36 pm

Post by Deacon Blues »

cakez hasn't been around to approve my post about dandelion fwiw but

@annie you and ffery really need to work that read out imo. I'm accepting that we can be wrong on it, but she feels very strongly and that should mean something

-b
Deacon Blues
Deacon Blues
Mafia Scum
Deacon Blues
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7828 (isolation #984) » Wed Jan 06, 2021 4:39 pm

Post by Deacon Blues »

if there's one thing i completely agree w/ you on Annie is that Bell is town

but even ffery does not share that sentiment with me, so you really need to realize that there is a distinct possibility that there is a town player that is wrong about Bell

-b
Deacon Blues
Deacon Blues
Mafia Scum
Deacon Blues
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7829 (isolation #985) » Wed Jan 06, 2021 4:44 pm

Post by Deacon Blues »

In post 6298, Annie Edison wrote:I told you throughout this I still think you two are town. And yeah, maybe Ffery does but unless my memory is failing me, those cogs were sent in motion by someone else.
ffery's thoughts are not slaved to whatever cabd dictates. they bounce ideas off each other and yes, i'm aware that he's potentially influencing our reads (it's one of the reasons i kind of ditched the hood - that's not a knock against him but at best it's an echo chamber and at worst, well, yeah) but she's more than capable of having an independent thought about a slot too and you need to reconcile that with your "cabd is pushing bell therefore scum" thought

-b
Deacon Blues
Deacon Blues
Mafia Scum
Deacon Blues
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7830 (isolation #986) » Wed Jan 06, 2021 4:45 pm

Post by Deacon Blues »

In post 7766, skitter30 wrote:
In post 7757, Dandelion Wine wrote:
In post 7751, skitter30 wrote:the purple room keeps being put to use in ways that just isn't helping town? the obvious egregious example is spiffeh + superbowl. at the start of day2 cabd came in and was like 'we did something mysterious that is going to help town loads! we need to purple room superbowl and spiffeh' and it eventually unfolded that this was because there was a Super Secret Turnstile in the purple room and they would get to turnstile. i don't remember offhand the reasoning they gave for superbowl (strong pr?) and the reasonign for spiffeh iirc was 'imperium wasn't townrading them that strongly and we wanted to make sure we helped clear the forward thread if possible'. so that would imply that they had some suspicion of spiffeh and the fact that turnstiling him would activate his pr is a nice plus.
my understanding was, they both wanted to be turnstiled, so we could turnstile them, hooray. i was admittedly not paying the most attention ever. i don't know that i see what is so heinously mechanically incorrect about this but i haven't finished reading your post
-ceph
i very, very, very distinctly remember either your slot or deacon justifying sending spiffeh over because they were a lower tier townread and they thougth it would help with the 'clearing the forward thread of scum' thing. i will quote the post momentarily

and it's nto that it's mechanically incorrect, per se, so much as it hasn't actually helped town in any apprciable way. if you disagree with my assessment i would like you to explain how you think it helped.
before you tell me 'we activated prs', i will point out that both said people are actively scumread in their respective threads so who's to say that either of them are town.
I was pushing a superbowl/spiffeh purple room turnstile because that's what NachoTammy wanted in our N1 discussion. If that turns out to have been an error - a fact no in evidence currently - then it's on me.

I paraphrased the n1 purple room conversations wrt to Imperium, and I pushed hard for what they wanted to happen on day 2.
Deacon Blues
Deacon Blues
Mafia Scum
Deacon Blues
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7831 (isolation #987) » Wed Jan 06, 2021 4:50 pm

Post by Deacon Blues »

In post 7817, Firebringer wrote:
In post 7815, Deacon Blues wrote:
In post 7807, Firebringer wrote:this skitter/deacon/dandellion stuff is a distraction methinks
disagree; i don't like skitter's responses to pretty much anything here, i think she's moving a lot of goalposts and supporting conclusions that don't follow from her original premises and trying to distract us w/ solicitations for reasons so that she can argue us in a loop and prompt responses like yours

-b
okay u guys do that

VOTE: all

i am gonna go play some assassins creed
do you just want pooky today?
has your skitter read cooled to the point where you think it's actively bad?
what about LLD's insistence that the slot is town?

I'm getting to the point, somehow, that you are one of the people in the thread that i trust more, so i just want some clarity on what you think is the right thing here

-b
Deacon Blues
Deacon Blues
Mafia Scum
Deacon Blues
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7832 (isolation #988) » Wed Jan 06, 2021 5:00 pm

Post by Deacon Blues »

In post 7806, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:
In post 7802, Deacon Blues wrote:pooky cooks a mean motherfucking ribeye i saw pics so he'd better get this right

-b
I cook steaks to blue and sear each slice depending on the preference of the person eating it.

I'm also made of stuffing so I'm not sure you would want to eat me.
<3

New York extra rare for me please.
Deacon Blues
Deacon Blues
Mafia Scum
Deacon Blues
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7835 (isolation #989) » Wed Jan 06, 2021 5:06 pm

Post by Deacon Blues »

cakez approved:

ok townread on dandelion in a nutshell:

1) actively campaigned to involve us and nacho-tammy, the people most likely to eventually catch on to cabd scum, in their parlor at every occasion. Now you can say this was just to dunk on us later but that's a pretty big fucking risk to me. Also telegraphed their role to us D1 by mentioning going full "Flavor Leaf" - referencing Xenoblade where Flavor had the role that they have this game.

2) purple room n1 paraphrase:
cabd, apropos of nothing starts screwing around w/ tammy with saying he's scum w/ us and they're gonna nk ffery; ffery joins in on the joke, and tammy, well, gets upset and clams up, and cabd spends the rest of the time apologizing about the joke, and if that was faked then he gets both a Scummie for realizing ffery was going to play along and an Oscar for making me believe it. Both hoods really are full of a lot of reactions at various points when shit gets crunchy that seem like legitimate emotive points that just seem extremely natural to me. Other than that the hoods have been solve solve solve solve; the only time i get weird on it is when the hood play starts to take the place of the thread play during the day, but I'm largely attributing that as "this place exists as a haven" thing; even took me a while to realize that wasn't particularly healthy for the game (if this were a masonry, i'd feel differently and tell y'all to fuck off when you want us to be more direct about shit)

3) ceph seemed overwhelmingly town on d1 - very gut but gave warm fuzzies and kept me back from the edge a few times

-b
Deacon Blues
Deacon Blues
Mafia Scum
Deacon Blues
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7836 (isolation #990) » Wed Jan 06, 2021 5:07 pm

Post by Deacon Blues »

In post 7833, skitter30 wrote:bork i absolutely will come back and pull the 'i told you so' thing if i'm right here, just fair warning.
i will take it with grace

-b
Deacon Blues
Deacon Blues
Mafia Scum
Deacon Blues
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7837 (isolation #991) » Wed Jan 06, 2021 5:08 pm

Post by Deacon Blues »

In post 7835, Deacon Blues wrote:scum w/ us and they're gonna nk tammy

ebwop, mistyped that

-b
Deacon Blues
Deacon Blues
Mafia Scum
Deacon Blues
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7839 (isolation #992) » Wed Jan 06, 2021 5:11 pm

Post by Deacon Blues »

?????
Deacon Blues
Deacon Blues
Mafia Scum
Deacon Blues
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7841 (isolation #993) » Wed Jan 06, 2021 5:14 pm

Post by Deacon Blues »

nevermind i get it

but like, i feel like you're just using it as a vehicle to just say we're not doing shit and then disengage

-b
Deacon Blues
Deacon Blues
Mafia Scum
Deacon Blues
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7842 (isolation #994) » Wed Jan 06, 2021 5:15 pm

Post by Deacon Blues »

In post 7840, petapan wrote:im going to be honest here im not sure the idea of being in a hood with tammy being risky for scum is borne out by reality
tammy, nacho, ffery, and me

-b
Deacon Blues
Deacon Blues
Mafia Scum
Deacon Blues
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7844 (isolation #995) » Wed Jan 06, 2021 5:18 pm

Post by Deacon Blues »

In post 7840, petapan wrote:im going to be honest here im not sure the idea of being in a hood with tammy being risky for scum is borne out by reality
and is this you saying i'm wrong or what was the point of this cut in?

-b
Deacon Blues
Deacon Blues
Mafia Scum
Deacon Blues
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7845 (isolation #996) » Wed Jan 06, 2021 5:18 pm

Post by Deacon Blues »

In post 6298, Annie Edison wrote:I told you throughout this I still think you two are town. And yeah, maybe Ffery does but unless my memory is failing me, those cogs were sent in motion by someone else.
Hello, let's talk.

~drunkffairlylit
Deacon Blues
Deacon Blues
Mafia Scum
Deacon Blues
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7846 (isolation #997) » Wed Jan 06, 2021 5:19 pm

Post by Deacon Blues »

In post 7843, skitter30 wrote:and at the same time you object to the fact that i dont' like that you're not solving here.
posting in a hood is not equivalent to not solving here and i'm literally done talking about this; it is on record that you don't think i'm doing fuckall to solve the game because there exists a neighborhood that i am part of, noted, move on

-b
Deacon Blues
Deacon Blues
Mafia Scum
Deacon Blues
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7849 (isolation #998) » Wed Jan 06, 2021 5:29 pm

Post by Deacon Blues »

In post 7842, Deacon Blues wrote:
tammy, nacho, ffery, and me

-b
2 years ago, Nacho talked about how incredibley difficult it would have been for me to have drawn scum against him, tammy and Gif in my first game back to MS after a hiatus*

He said that me trying to meet all three expectations, which involved in 3 different methodologies involved in reading me would have made my entrance into the game extremely EXTREMELY well thought out and cautious.

(I was town and entered the game artlessley but this isn't apropos of anything)

The same issues would apply to ceph/cabd entering a neighborhood with me/bork/nacho/tammy.

Four different read methodologies. And all four cleared basically on page 1-2 of a 27 page neighborhood.

Could we have all been wrong?

Yeah...maybe.

But why set up that kind of test, especially just to nk the IMPORTANT leg of the tripod?
Deacon Blues
Deacon Blues
Mafia Scum
Deacon Blues
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7850 (isolation #999) » Wed Jan 06, 2021 5:30 pm

Post by Deacon Blues »

@skitter: do you want to talk spiffeh? Based on this thread alone he'd be weak scum to me, but he had some early notes back in forward that i need to go back and find

-b

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”