Bins
Bins
Survivor
Bins
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3600 (ISO) » Wed Mar 07, 2018 1:08 pm

Post by Bins »

In post 3594, Dunkerdoodles wrote:this is probably xyzzy's scumbuddy if xyzzy flips scum
hey we finally agree on something!>!>!>@2@
is this where I tell you to swipe right

gtkas
Dunkerdoodles
Dunkerdoodles
Mafia Scum
Dunkerdoodles
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3601 (ISO) » Wed Mar 07, 2018 1:13 pm

Post by Dunkerdoodles »

*high 5*
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #3602 (ISO) » Wed Mar 07, 2018 2:22 pm

Post by DeasVail »

In post 3599, Dunkerdoodles wrote:but you agree we can't leave xyzzy at lylo right?

may as well lynch him now then
As things currently stand, they’re my second strongest suspect for scum, but again, only second strongest. I think there is a chance that they are actually town, and if this is the case, then that may become more apparent later on, who knows? But it’s for this reason that xyzzy is not my preferred lynch right now.

If I can’t get any support for an Archwing lynch then I will vote for xyzzy. Regardless, if we continue to get as little out of xyzzy as we are currently getting, then I agree that we can’t leave them around. But I’m still keen to consider all the options.
xyzzy
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
comical third option
Pronoun: they/them

Post Post #3603 (ISO) » Wed Mar 07, 2018 3:21 pm

Post by xyzzy »

In post 3577, Dunkerdoodles wrote:
In post 3569, DeasVail wrote:
Questions for Dunkerdoodles:
- I noticed that you had a scumread on Bins earlier. Do you still have this read? What are your thoughts on most of the players seeming uninterested in lynching her?
yes i do, i mentioned it earlier.

i've been pushing for her lynch for a while, i guess everyone either townreads her or would rather push someone else like xyzzy, but really im not sure.
In post 3578, DeasVail wrote:This would be partly due to the fact that I’ve only just replaced in and so am less influenced by what happened beforehand, but I really haven’t felt much of a push from you to have Bins lynched, nor do you appear all that bothered by the fact that no one is interested. There could be an element of “giving up” here, sure and I’d understand that, but you saying that the game is boring doesn’t really fit with someone who feels defeated by no one listening to their reads.
it's just factually incorrect that Dunkerdoodles hasn't been trying to push a Bins lynch. like initially he was townreading her but he laid out a pretty clear case for why Bins is scum in and has brought up the fact that he believes she's a good target for a lynch repeatedly. when I was rereading Dunkerdoodles' iso for this, I got really good vibes from him.

Gamma Emerald brought up in my team PT that Mina as scum makes zero sense given how she's responded to me -- I'm such an easy lynch target right now, so it really doesn't make sense for scum to go easy on me.

I was having a hard time reading Archwing as scum at first but one thing that stands out in his iso that seems not great to me is that a lot of his interaction with other players has just been asking them for lynch pools, and that feels less like town trying to put together info about what everyone wants and more like scum trying to look active and involved without actually having to really engage with anyone. Archwing as scum is another one of the things I'm pulling from my team PT -- it doesn't really feel right just going by my gut, but when I read his iso from the perspective of "which of these posts might indicate that he's scum" rather than just "do these posts make me think he's scum" that repeated line of questioning stands out. also he repeatedly just asks other players to make town cases on other players, and while that's a little bit more in the direction of trying to engage with other players, I feel like an actual town player would be doing that analysis themself rather than just asking someone else to do it
Mina
Mina
The Shipwright
Mina
The Shipwright
The Shipwright

Post Post #3604 (ISO) » Wed Mar 07, 2018 3:30 pm

Post by Mina »

Yeah, I probably should have just kept the waffling on Aeronaut for my team Skype chat rather than posting about it in the thread. Sorry, I thought it was better to be as transparent as possible, but I forgot that's not always smart even as town. :P

@Bins (and @Patrick if you're reading this, since he also asked me): the posts that made me doubt myself were all Aeronaut's talk about paranoia and crackpot theories and reaction tests re:Titus (such as this and this). This sounds pretty lame when I put it like this, particularly since I can also see those posts as an attempt to shade Titus, but I guess I tend to associate that kind of reasoning more often with town. I'll be honest and admit I'm not feeling very confident on stuff anymore (which is why I hate playing Mafia!), but I think I'll just powwow with my teammates and come back when my head is on straight again.
mhsmith0
mhsmith0
Balancing Act
mhsmith0
Balancing Act
Balancing Act

Post Post #3605 (ISO) » Wed Mar 07, 2018 6:19 pm

Post by mhsmith0 »

Votecount 3.09Image

xyzzy (3)Keychain , Bins , Archwing L-2
Bins (1)Dunkerdoodles ,
DeasVail (1)Radja ,
Archwing (1) DeasVail
Not Voting (3), Bulbazak , Mina, xyzzy

Day three deadline is Saturday March 10, 9 PM PST. (expired on 2018-03-10 21:00:00).

With 9 alive it takes 5 to lynch!
[/size]
Show
http://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=Mhsmith0
Conq: you, sir, are great at being town.
BATMAN: Only jugg was the only one we didn’t scum read at least not me
Quick: There is little to no chance this slot is Power-Wolfing.
SR: I want to give him a day
Life is simply unfair, don't you think?
Dunkerdoodles
Dunkerdoodles
Mafia Scum
Dunkerdoodles
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3606 (ISO) » Wed Mar 07, 2018 7:17 pm

Post by Dunkerdoodles »

VOTE: deasvail
a much more likely lynch target i somewhat scumread
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #3607 (ISO) » Wed Mar 07, 2018 8:39 pm

Post by DeasVail »

In post 3603, xyzzy wrote:
In post 3577, Dunkerdoodles wrote:
In post 3569, DeasVail wrote:
Questions for Dunkerdoodles:
- I noticed that you had a scumread on Bins earlier. Do you still have this read? What are your thoughts on most of the players seeming uninterested in lynching her?
yes i do, i mentioned it earlier.

i've been pushing for her lynch for a while, i guess everyone either townreads her or would rather push someone else like xyzzy, but really im not sure.
In post 3578, DeasVail wrote:This would be partly due to the fact that I’ve only just replaced in and so am less influenced by what happened beforehand, but I really haven’t felt much of a push from you to have Bins lynched, nor do you appear all that bothered by the fact that no one is interested. There could be an element of “giving up” here, sure and I’d understand that, but you saying that the game is boring doesn’t really fit with someone who feels defeated by no one listening to their reads.
it's just factually incorrect that Dunkerdoodles hasn't been trying to push a Bins lynch. like initially he was townreading her but he laid out a pretty clear case for why Bins is scum in and has brought up the fact that he believes she's a good target for a lynch repeatedly. when I was rereading Dunkerdoodles' iso for this, I got really good vibes from him.

Gamma Emerald brought up in my team PT that Mina as scum makes zero sense given how she's responded to me -- I'm such an easy lynch target right now, so it really doesn't make sense for scum to go easy on me.

I was having a hard time reading Archwing as scum at first but one thing that stands out in his iso that seems not great to me is that a lot of his interaction with other players has just been asking them for lynch pools, and that feels less like town trying to put together info about what everyone wants and more like scum trying to look active and involved without actually having to really engage with anyone. Archwing as scum is another one of the things I'm pulling from my team PT -- it doesn't really feel right just going by my gut, but when I read his iso from the perspective of "which of these posts might indicate that he's scum" rather than just "do these posts make me think he's scum" that repeated line of questioning stands out. also he repeatedly just asks other players to make town cases on other players, and while that's a little bit more in the direction of trying to engage with other players, I feel like an actual town player would be doing that analysis themself rather than just asking someone else to do it
Thanks for the clarification, xyzzy.
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #3608 (ISO) » Thu Mar 08, 2018 4:17 am

Post by Titus »

Mina you are creeping me out with how much you distance yourself from your thoughts.
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

VLA Friday nights until Sunday morning.

All hail the Scum Empress!
Bulbazak
Bulbazak
Survivor
Bulbazak
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3609 (ISO) » Thu Mar 08, 2018 4:42 am

Post by Bulbazak »

Welp, something came up, and I didn't get lunch...
In post 3587, Bins wrote:BULBA IS TAILS
In post 3600, Bins wrote:
In post 3594, Dunkerdoodles wrote:this is probably xyzzy's scumbuddy if xyzzy flips scum
Did I miss you having a DV scumread?

@Dunker: I find it strange that you are attacking DV and Mina for their Xyzzy reads when you've also admitted to not being comfortable with the Xyzzy scumread. It feels like shading just to shade and is the first thing from you that makes me want to reevaluate my read and go back through your ISO. Plus, Mina's slot is townier than yours, so if you want to go after her, then I'll fight you.

@Titus: You around? It's worrying me that you're so eager to die and aren't trying to force the game to move and break things wide open.
Bulbazak is so town that everytime someone votes him Mastin coughs blood.
- Nachomamma8, Maniacal Street Mafia

V/LA during weekends. Now leave me alone!
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #3610 (ISO) » Thu Mar 08, 2018 4:45 am

Post by Titus »

In post 3609, Bulbazak wrote:Welp, something came up, and I didn't get lunch...
In post 3587, Bins wrote:BULBA IS TAILS
In post 3600, Bins wrote:
Did I miss you having a DV scumread?

@Dunker: I find it strange that you are attacking DV and Mina for their Xyzzy reads when you've also admitted to not being comfortable with the Xyzzy scumread. It feels like shading just to shade and is the first thing from you that makes me want to reevaluate my read and go back through your ISO. Plus, Mina's slot is townier than yours, so if you want to go after her, then I'll fight you.

@Titus: You around? It's worrying me that you're so eager to die and aren't trying to force the game to move and break things wide open.
I'm not eager to die. I am listening and trying not to dominate conversation. Because players know I am town, they tend to overvalue what I say.
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

VLA Friday nights until Sunday morning.

All hail the Scum Empress!
Bulbazak
Bulbazak
Survivor
Bulbazak
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3611 (ISO) » Thu Mar 08, 2018 5:05 am

Post by Bulbazak »

Welp, I'm out of the catch up and more going over other pieces of information mode. I'm trying to figure out what Mastina was saying about roles for when it comes to evaluating claims, but there's links to other games and it's making my eyes glaze over. I'm thinking about maybe just asking her if she thinks a claim is fake after it's been given. Less work on my part, and if she wants to focus on setup spec stuff, that's fine.

How do you feel about Arch just sheeping you because you're confirmed now?

Bulbazak
Bulbazak
Survivor
Bulbazak
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3612 (ISO) » Thu Mar 08, 2018 5:15 am

Post by Bulbazak »

It just occurred to me that I've been stressing and worrying about not having a great handle on this game and needing to reevaluate, but I might have a better chance not looking individually at players but taking a big picture view and seeing what's left once I've eliminated my town core.

So PoE pool is looking like this: {Key, Xyzzy, DV, Radja, Arch}

I need to relook over some of the Radja stuff that's happened over the past few days, but I think I saw some things I really like. Plus I really doubt Radja/DV are a team, so figuring out Radja greatly diminishes the pool. I remember having good feelings on Key. I'll look back over the end of day stuff to see if I can remember why, but I'm not interested in looking there. So potentially a {Xyzzy, DV, Arch} pool? I think that's good for today. I figure out Key and Radja for sure, that's even better.

Bulbazak
Bulbazak
Survivor
Bulbazak
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3613 (ISO) » Thu Mar 08, 2018 5:46 am

Post by Bulbazak »

@Xyzzy: Why aren't you voting me? Actually, why aren't you voting anyone?

Bins
Bins
Survivor
Bins
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3614 (ISO) » Thu Mar 08, 2018 5:51 am

Post by Bins »

Not really scumreading DV, but I've been all over the place on Chesskid.

I'd be...
{Keychain, Dunker}
{Mina, Bulba}
{Radja, Archwing, DV}
{Xyzzy}

gtkas
Bulbazak
Bulbazak
Survivor
Bulbazak
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3615 (ISO) » Thu Mar 08, 2018 5:52 am

Post by Bulbazak »

Okay. I was wondering if I missed something important.

Mina
Mina
The Shipwright
Mina
The Shipwright
The Shipwright

Post Post #3616 (ISO) » Thu Mar 08, 2018 7:27 am

Post by Mina »

In post 3606, Dunkerdoodles wrote:VOTE: deasvail
Do you scumread DV for something other than his xyzzy interactions?
Radja
Radja
Serial Thriller
Radja
Serial Thriller
Serial Thriller

Post Post #3617 (ISO) » Thu Mar 08, 2018 7:48 am

Post by Radja »

VOTE: xyzzy

we should get a claim soon. Only 2 days left.
"I think mafia is the only thing that makes me angrier than driving" - Cheetory6
Radja
Radja
Serial Thriller
Radja
Serial Thriller
Serial Thriller

Post Post #3618 (ISO) » Thu Mar 08, 2018 7:49 am

Post by Radja »

In post 3565, Radja wrote:
In post 3531, Bins wrote:hi DV please be town

catch up later

but i sort of dropped the Radja scumread
What did I do to make you drop it?
Bins you didn't answer this. Please do
"I think mafia is the only thing that makes me angrier than driving" - Cheetory6
Bulbazak
Bulbazak
Survivor
Bulbazak
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3619 (ISO) » Thu Mar 08, 2018 8:01 am

Post by Bulbazak »

Shchrodinger's Hammer

Xyzzy, you're both alive and dead. Your actions determine which. Claim and answers. GO!

Dunkerdoodles
Dunkerdoodles
Mafia Scum
Dunkerdoodles
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3620 (ISO) » Thu Mar 08, 2018 11:38 am

Post by Dunkerdoodles »

In post 3616, Mina wrote:
In post 3606, Dunkerdoodles wrote:VOTE: deasvail
Do you scumread DV for something other than his xyzzy interactions?
no
Dunkerdoodles
Dunkerdoodles
Mafia Scum
Dunkerdoodles
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3621 (ISO) » Thu Mar 08, 2018 11:39 am

Post by Dunkerdoodles »

but he could still be scum without xyzzy being scum

anyways we're probably lynching xyzzy anyways
Bins
Bins
Survivor
Bins
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3622 (ISO) » Thu Mar 08, 2018 11:45 am

Post by Bins »

In post 3618, Radja wrote:
In post 3565, Radja wrote:
In post 3531, Bins wrote:hi DV please be town

catch up later

but i sort of dropped the Radja scumread
What did I do to make you drop it?
Bins you didn't answer this. Please do
Nothing, really. Chess sort of dropped it too for similar reasons. I re-read your defensiveness and I decided that maybe you didn't fake the discord stuff.

gtkas
xyzzy
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
comical third option
Pronoun: they/them

Post Post #3623 (ISO) » Thu Mar 08, 2018 12:00 pm

Post by xyzzy »

In post 3613, Bulbazak wrote:@Xyzzy: Why aren't you voting me? Actually, why aren't you voting anyone?
I didn't feel particularly optimistic about any of my reads being correct after the thing with Titus happened. I think for now the best thing to do, though is this:

VOTE: Archwing

as for me, I'm a vanilla townie.
Keychain
Keychain
she/her
Mafia Scum
Keychain
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #3624 (ISO) » Thu Mar 08, 2018 12:39 pm

Post by Keychain »

I'm getting cold feet on xyzzy. Like unless they're scum with DeasVail or something, I guess? I don't know that the way they're not really bothered by their slowly approaching lynch comes from scum down one member. Sometimes scum doesn't have the motivation to fight though, but the way the lynch has settled seems weird to me.
@Titus
, I think you have a better grip on this kind of analysis - does the way the wagon has formed on xyzzy make sense as being on scum?

Bins, Dunkerdoodles
Mina, Archwing, DeasVail
Radja, Bulbazak, xyzzy

But several people have stated their belief in Radja being solid town, so I'll not push that. When I try and place Bulba relative to other players, he always seems more scummy but I can't really think of any concrete reasons why.

If Bins has been pocketing me (and RC) I'm going to be very annoyed.
You're under no obligation to be the same person you were 5 minutes ago.

Return to “Team Mafia 2018”