Gorkington
Gorkington
Jack of All Trades
Gorkington
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #950 (ISO) » Sat May 05, 2018 7:03 am

Post by Gorkington »

nos wrote:ok but you realize that once you've strengthened the read, the "this wagon is to get a scum read" line kind of loses its meaning and now you're just wagoning a scum read.
i say "you realize" but obviously you don't otherwise we wouldn't be on this topic right now. this is kind of a moot point anyway. onward ho!
okay but you said "why are you saying "KILL HIM" if you were wagoning me to sort me?" and i was explaining that the two statements came at separate times when i had differing levels of confidence to some degree?
In post 949, Nosferatu wrote:you are completely correct here, you never said i had garbage reads, you used the term "sticky-ass-reads". being 100% honest here, I don't use, read, or hear that phrase on a daily basis, so I assumed its meaning, although tbf im not exactly sure what else it could mean, feel free to lemme know.
sticky reads basically just means that they havent been changing.

and im just going to ignore the dickish parts.
weeeeeeee
trash
Nosferatu
Nosferatu
Jack of All Trades
Nosferatu
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #951 (ISO) » Sat May 05, 2018 7:14 am

Post by Nosferatu »

see in my mind currently i cant even fathom how the rest of that post was dickish in any way so this was inevitable i feel
BRASIL BRASIL BRASIL BRRRRR
last.fm
gtkas
Gorkington
Gorkington
Jack of All Trades
Gorkington
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #952 (ISO) » Sat May 05, 2018 7:14 am

Post by Gorkington »

vote: punreader

okay lets see if this one works!

p-edit: i mean, the spacing looked like it was mocking the way i post things?
trash
Nosferatu
Nosferatu
Jack of All Trades
Nosferatu
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #953 (ISO) » Sat May 05, 2018 7:31 am

Post by Nosferatu »

no, i do that too sometimes, enjambment a good way to punctuate
words

its also on the wall of my english teacher.
last.fm
gtkas
Nosferatu
Nosferatu
Jack of All Trades
Nosferatu
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #954 (ISO) » Sat May 05, 2018 7:32 am

Post by Nosferatu »

a poster with a "clever" explanation of enjambment that is
last.fm
gtkas
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #955 (ISO) » Sat May 05, 2018 7:47 am

Post by Titus »

In post 948, Gorkington wrote:
In post 746, eddie wrote:Titus is a little town, eh.
can i get an update on this read?
and if youre still townleaning her, can you talk about why this game isnt a higher priority for you given that shes been sitting at l-2 for a while now?
In post 865, Ginngie wrote:She’d be involved and have actual reasoning

even if the moon logic

It would be actually mafia related
can you link me a scumgame youve played with her where you feel like she played similarly to here?
I have woke up at prior to 5 AM been driving/working or handling deadline stuff. Second, until there's content to analyze best to shut up. I am townreading anyone actively posting in this right now that didn't wreck things. Not super strong but there's posting. Not scumhhnting yet but posting at least.
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

VLA Friday nights until Sunday morning.

All hail the Scum Empress!
Nosferatu
Nosferatu
Jack of All Trades
Nosferatu
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #956 (ISO) » Sat May 05, 2018 8:07 am

Post by Nosferatu »

ETL: at first i thought that etl is scum for basically just buddying the shit out of a ton of people and also says something only to immediately retract it later for a townier sounding option. (thats not a summary of play just what i think is scummy about it) It then shifted into me not like the weird read on Titus.
: buddies titus and jingle (pretty sure that was an rvs vote), also brings up a less focused version of a plan that has already been brought up. Can I fault that? Maybe I shouldn't but I do.
: the good old anti-hydra stance that lasts about 5 minutes when it becomes obvious that there's no wagon there
: complaining about the hydra, because that's constructive and new
: this isn't scummy, but its the first example of a behaviour i find scummy
: 2nd example of this, it reads as if she saw the hydra post and went "tell this to hang" without reading it. She then read back on her post and then went "wait no, this lines up with what a townread said and gels with something i already said" and then retracted it. Which is a scummy process to me.
: the fact that the plan doesn't appeal as much when not attached to a lynch does not give me ~goodvibes~
: buddies gork and repeats the above
: retraction
: retraction
: this has nothing to do with the rest of this post, i just did not know that there was a color shift and am now interested at why there was one.

: I want to say rn that the scumread with etl and pun reader is not associative. i find most of etl's points on punreader as suspiciously valid. On the otherhand Titus magically became scum against most everything before hand, when it doesn't seem like anything had changed on Titus's end.
: either a typo or apparently titus is town
: and then she's scum again.
: now its a toss up.
: and now she's scum again.
the Titus read vacillates a lot and makes me doubt its validity, especially considering these changes seem to have little to do with Titus's posting, which hasn't changed over the course of the game. Makes me feel queasy when the really sus read is one that a wagon has constantly been on throughout the day.
~emotional stuff i dont read cause im dead inside~
: made punreader one of the highest townreads based on unflipped VCA on a slot that she has consistently flipped on over the course of the game.

So while yeah this is like ~20/90(131 now) posts that I found scummy, Another problem is that I didn't find most of the not scummy ones towny. I'm completely open to someone pointing them out, off the top of my head I see

as some town posts. I just see more scum ones.
last.fm
gtkas
Nosferatu
Nosferatu
Jack of All Trades
Nosferatu
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #957 (ISO) » Sat May 05, 2018 8:10 am

Post by Nosferatu »

In post 328, EspeciallyTheLies wrote:Oh yeah.. Um… fuck that 20-headed hydra? That’s annoying as fuck. Lynch it with fire. Why is shit like that ever allowed? I’m not really interested in a spamfest.
VOTE: Stop Getting Banned Again hereafter aka SGBA
Change my mind on why this isn’t a fantastic D1 lynch.
there was one post in between 643 and 841 where titus was null but that felt like beating a dead horse.
last.fm
gtkas
Nosferatu
Nosferatu
Jack of All Trades
Nosferatu
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #958 (ISO) » Sat May 05, 2018 8:11 am

Post by Nosferatu »

punreader is scum because he is a replace in that actually just never got better. I'll re-quote his bad quotes but a lot has already been said so I will not bore you to death.
last.fm
gtkas
EspeciallyTheLies
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #959 (ISO) » Sat May 05, 2018 8:15 am

Post by EspeciallyTheLies »

A for effort, Nos, but still wrong.

I'm at the lake. Stealing some wifi in town but no service at the cottage so I won't be here til Monday. Bye.
Art is cool.
EspeciallyTheLies
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #960 (ISO) » Sat May 05, 2018 8:17 am

Post by EspeciallyTheLies »

Also TIL reevaluating and admitting when wrong is "a scummy process" :lol:
Art is cool.
Nosferatu
Nosferatu
Jack of All Trades
Nosferatu
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #961 (ISO) » Sat May 05, 2018 8:33 am

Post by Nosferatu »

In post 960, EspeciallyTheLies wrote:Also TIL reevaluating and admitting when wrong is "a scummy process" :lol:
the things you get wrong are just things that directly were in-line with what you were saying that you dismissed for reasons and then went "wait"
it's not just the fact that you admit when you're wrong.
last.fm
gtkas
Punreader
Punreader
Goon
Punreader
Goon
Goon

Post Post #962 (ISO) » Sat May 05, 2018 9:02 am

Post by Punreader »

In post 855, Gorkington wrote:im still waiting for the meta on titus btw punreader. (:
And you'll be waiting for a long time yet as all my Titus experience is intimately first-hand. Every game I would link to you, I'd have been involved in. Suffice to say you can just ask Jingle if I have extensive experience with Titus. He might not know my game history with her off the top of his head but he'd be able to find the answer's yes in less than five minutes.
In post 831, EspeciallyTheLies wrote:I haven't refused to do any of these things. I just don't like you or your style and I'm not really interested in picking apart your posts to fabricate some kind of dialog with someone I don't wish to have a dialog with. Like, it's so forced. You want me to come up with some content about your content (how narcississtic really...) but see the thing is that I don't really care what you have to say.
Uh-huh. This is, explicitly, stating "I haven't refused to do any of these things, I'm just refusing to do any of these things".
In post 843, EspeciallyTheLies wrote:Anybody know Eddie? Is he a busbusser?
Situationally, yes. He'll hard bus if hardbussing is the smart play to make; he won't bus at all otherwise because frankly if you're not hardbussing the only alternative is to not bus; any half-assed effort is ridiculously stupid punplay. He's a smart enough pun player to know this.

For the record, my stance is that his Nos vote? Not a hardbus.
In post 854, Gorkington wrote:how exactly does kid go from a punread due to a lack of experience with him to a copperread when he literally had only two posts?
You would know this had you actually read my posts.
In post 442, Punreader wrote:
In post 384, Punreader wrote:Of the players in the game, this Kid is who I Am least familiar with. So the punread there is with the caveat I could be simply unfamiliar with them. Still, I wasn't fond of their entrance.
Excluding the megahydra because I am not going to try and track my game history with 20 heads (just assume I have experience with most of them), I have played and/or modded at least one game with every player in this game (even if they are unaware of it). Of them, KidAm is the player I have the least recollection of in spite of me knowing I've seen them.

So if I told you I knew KidAm to any degree, I would be kidding myself. I can tell you at the time of (or rather, the time of which was when I
began writing
384), I thought KidAm's entrance potentially was indicative of a pun player. However, this is a read which I've since changed my opinion on since 384 with reflection and closer reading. (Since before on mobile I was skimming.) Having taken a closer look, I actually weakly think the opposite, that KidAm is
slightly
more likely to be town.
Nothing has changed this. If I said that Nosferatu were a solid copper-forged friend-read, that would be a lie. However, Nosferatu is still a townread, and the wagon on Nosferatu is dismally bad. So gun to head, yes, I'd call Nosferatu town here eight times out of ten given this situation.
Let me give an Alternative perspective.
Nosferatu
Nosferatu
Jack of All Trades
Nosferatu
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #963 (ISO) » Sat May 05, 2018 9:06 am

Post by Nosferatu »

In post 206, CheekyTeeky wrote:I can't play like this Town or not they gtg.

VOTE: SGBA
In post 238, CheekyTeeky wrote:
@Mod request you force replace hydra please
In post 244, CheekyTeeky wrote:Go die. I'm literally thinking about replacing out because of your shit posting I don't want to read. Stfu or die.
In post 251, CheekyTeeky wrote:
@Mod replace me please.
This is a straight up scum replace out. It reads to me as super contrived and awkward.
In post 537, Punreader wrote:
In post 533, Titus wrote:
In post 531, Stop Getting Banned Again wrote:
In post 529, Jingle wrote:reread 356. That's where I'm pretty sure Titus/ETL isn't scum/scum.
I don’t see it. It feels more like SvS to me.
Your red pm might have something to do with that but what do I know since I am not fighting or getting others to do what I want since I have a life.
@Almost Plans have been discussed in thread.
You know what.
VOTE: Titus
There is a difference between Titus being bad-town, and her just being pun.

Yes, she uses moonlogic and has reads which don't match thread consensus as town.

But there is an internally consistent logic to it. You recognize it as being poor logic, as being crazy logic, but you can still trace the trajectory of her thoughts to understand how she arrived at the stance in the first place.

That is utterly absent here. So it'd be Berenice to see her hang.
titus is legitimately being scumread for not changing the whole game, which makes this post make no sense.
In post 444, Punreader wrote:Updated inventory:
Punreads:

Mulch (imagine a gap between here and below)
schadd_
EspeciallyTheLies (might be one lower)
Titus
Gorkington

The in-betweens:

Porkens

Copper forged Friends:

KidAm
Ginngie
Almost50
Jingle
PenguinPower
Stop Getting Banned Again

Still loosely ordered strongest punread to strongest copper-forged-friend-read.
Porkens changed places from the last list. Porkens fixed ETL's list. Town indicative obviously.
In post 473, Punreader wrote:Thank you very mulch for asking. My reasoning is quite simple: meta. I am very strongly sure that Mulch's approach this game is his approach when pun.

Now, explaining what that approach
is
, that's unfortunately a little harder, and is what you're
really
looking for no doubt. It comes down not to so much what he is saying, or how often he is saying things, so much as it is how he approaches things.
Spoiler: Some key posts which highlight what I mean:
In post 48, Mulch wrote:
In post 46, Gorkington wrote:if you lynch stop being banned
you can outpost them
:thinking:

VOTE: SGB
In post 55, Mulch wrote:
In post 53, PenguinPower wrote:
In post 45, Mulch wrote:
In post 43, PenguinPower wrote:I'm sad.
Penguin :D

So fun to play with you again :D
Could you be town then?

I would like that a lot.
Of course

I'm already locking you as town btw
In post 88, Mulch wrote:You could always unvote yourself :thinking:
In post 91, Mulch wrote:You're at L-2 dude
In post 96, Mulch wrote:
In post 93, Jingle wrote:Mulch, go ahead and prove yourself to be town, and then when you've finished could you do me a favor and keep D1 somewhat readable? I may have accidentally caused ETL to join this clusterfuck and I'd like to minimize the pain there.
Ok but as long as I am always staying ahead of the hydra

Deal?
In post 117, Mulch wrote:UNVOTE: SGB

Nah rather not lynch an obvious town slot so early
In post 128, Mulch wrote:This hydra is annoying tho

Imagine one mafiascum badtown player

and then multiply it by 26
In post 198, Mulch wrote:Why wasn't I smart enough to think of all targetting the same person :thinking:
In post 290, Mulch wrote:Its because im thinking and sleeping

And i dont know the VC

ttyl
In post 349, Mulch wrote:VOTE: Kidamn
These are the type of post which have an entirely different approach if Mulch is town.
I still find this post to be bullshit. It's like the most vague use of meta ever and pretends to be anything more than a gut read
In post 609, Punreader wrote:
In post 568, mhsmith0 wrote:Eddie (hydra of Eddie Cane and schadd_) replaces schadd_ effective immediately.
Drop all my non-Titus/ETL/schadd_ punreads, because this is a pun replacement. Cane you guess why?
No, especially since schadd didn't even really replace out, he's still in the game. It's not like this gets explained later either anyway. The slot is now scum because eddie is acting very town upon replace-in. Which directly opposes the statement of "if it looks like a pun, it's probably just a pun" within the same post.
In post 366, Ginngie wrote:Pun has puns but there is no actual logic behind his reads
Thus, just making statements to state them
However, you are missing at least one big detail. Figure it out, and you'll understand. :wink:
^this whole post is punreader's gameplay in a nutshell. If you point out anything in his posts, you immediately get drowned in a sea of semantic bullshit because each of his posts are constructed to cover up what he's saying in shitty puns and purposefully obfuscated syntax. He doesn't even try to hide it either. The slot is unabashedly just making itself hard to read.
last.fm
gtkas
Punreader
Punreader
Goon
Punreader
Goon
Goon

Post Post #964 (ISO) » Sat May 05, 2018 9:13 am

Post by Punreader »

In post 892, PenguinPower wrote:I have no feelings on Titus right now. I am very skeptical of people who town read me D1 (outside a very small set of players), especially when they don't provide a reason as to why they town read me when asked.
I provided my reasoning.
In post 473, Punreader wrote:
In post 456, Jingle wrote:I'll bite the bait though, tell me about this PP read.
I already did; you should have paid attention the first time.
In post 294, Punreader wrote:
In post 28, PenguinPower wrote:Yea, but...I'm policy lynching...uh....
Power to you, my friend. I believe you have no place in a penitentiary.
PenguinPower had an incredibly town entrance, which was natural; there was absolutely nothing artificial or fake in his opening. This earned him the spot as my penultimate townread. Since then, there has been a perfect blend of being lighthearted and scumhunting; he's neither fluff posted nor been super serious. That is exactly what I would expect of him as town. Pending some major change, my townread there is never shifting its strength.
This still holds. I am quite positive you have been scumhunting and you yourself know that to be true. If you want me to point out the more 'lighthearted' content, I can.

I do have a confession though. Outside of Draynth, you are probably the player I have the least amount of game experience with, and if you did know who I was you would absolutely say I hold no right to the strength of my townread given past experience. Still, I
believe
from those past experiences I refined my method to hone in on the important part. Intuitively, it
feels
like I am correct here.
In post 910, Titus wrote:My wagon, the sole wagon all day, is zero accountability nonsense.
That's a nice narrative you are presenting.

Too bad it has zero correlation to reality.
Punreader
Punreader
Goon
Punreader
Goon
Goon

Post Post #965 (ISO) » Sat May 05, 2018 9:22 am

Post by Punreader »

In post 952, Gorkington wrote:
vote: punreader

okay lets see if this one works!
If you are expecting live-time interactions, you are going to face luck of the draw and probably never catch me at the times I am online as I am online at the times most people aren't.

If you are expecting a wagon to form on me, you'll find one there already.

If you are expecting the vote on me to give you a better read on me, sorry, but you'll get more alignment information out of the others joining the wagon than you will on me.

If you were hoping to get some sort of reaction from me, apologies, but I find wagons on me to be utterly uninteresting.
In post 958, Nosferatu wrote:punreader is scum because he is a replace in that actually just never got better. I'll re-quote his bad quotes but a lot has already been said so I will not bore you to death.
Punreader is town because pun is a replace in that actually got significantly better. I'll re-quote pun's good quotes but a lot has already been said so I will not bore you to death. :)
Nosferatu
Nosferatu
Jack of All Trades
Nosferatu
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #966 (ISO) » Sat May 05, 2018 9:34 am

Post by Nosferatu »

oh damn i forgot it was opposite day

shit
last.fm
gtkas
Punreader
Punreader
Goon
Punreader
Goon
Goon

Post Post #967 (ISO) » Sat May 05, 2018 9:36 am

Post by Punreader »

In post 963, Nosferatu wrote:
In post 206, CheekyTeeky wrote:I can't play like this Town or not they gtg.

VOTE: SGBA
In post 238, CheekyTeeky wrote:
@Mod request you force replace hydra please
In post 244, CheekyTeeky wrote:Go die. I'm literally thinking about replacing out because of your shit posting I don't want to read. Stfu or die.
In post 251, CheekyTeeky wrote:
@Mod replace me please.
This is a straight up scum replace out. It reads to me as super contrived and awkward.
In post 384, Punreader wrote:The least engaging response to me as of me starting to write this was Jingle's vote, which I would quote if I could.

At least Porkens' engagement included a naked quote of my post.
If you are going to mislynch me, you don't get to go, "Oh Cheeky was scummy, so I ignored what Punreader said".
If you mislynch me, mislynch ME.
In post 384, Punreader wrote:The least engaging response to me as of me starting to write this was Jingle's vote, which I would quote if I could. At least Porkens' engagement included a naked quote of my post. If you are going to mislynch me, you don't get to go, "Oh Cheeky was scummy, so I ignored what Punreader said". If you mislynch me, mislynch ME.
The post in question is Jingle's :
In post 354, Jingle wrote:Also, I was planning on voting Porkens this morning, but I reread and I misread CT's posts before. I'll drink the Kool-Aid there.
VOTE: PunnyMan
I also reference Porkens's .

These plus the quoted were the only mentions I saw of me as of .
Porkens's reasons for calling me pun are
mostly
from CheekyTeeky, but he did naked quote my to say "this is scum". (I consider this a naked quote because quoting a long wall with nothing altered about the wall and no reasoning backing the statement is what I would call naked.)

Jingle doesn't even give that much. He sheeps Porkens on the CheekyTeeky read. My point is, that is unacceptable. If you are going to mislynch me, you mislynch me because you are mislynching ME. Which requires interacting with ME. Something Jingle has not done, something Porkens barely did.
In post 537, Punreader wrote:
In post 533, Titus wrote:
In post 531, Stop Getting Banned Again wrote:
In post 529, Jingle wrote:reread 356. That's where I'm pretty sure Titus/ETL isn't scum/scum.
I don’t see it. It feels more like SvS to me.
Your red pm might have something to do with that but what do I know since I am not fighting or getting others to do what I want since I have a life.
@Almost Plans have been discussed in thread.
You know what.
VOTE: Titus
There is a difference between Titus being bad-town, and her just being pun.

Yes, she uses moonlogic and has reads which don't match thread consensus as town.

But there is an internally consistent logic to it. You recognize it as being poor logic, as being crazy logic,
but you can still trace the trajectory of her thoughts
to understand how she arrived at the stance in the first place.

That is utterly absent here. So it'd be Berenice to see her hang.
titus is legitimately being scumread for not changing the whole game, which makes this post make no sense.
"Internally consistent logic" =/= "hasn't changed the whole game". A fact you'd know if you noted that I specified TRAJECTORY of THOUGHT. "Trajectory of thought" means there is an evolution of thought. And when Titus is town, the trajectory of thought uses internally consistent logic which evolves with the changing nature of the gamestate to show a progression in thought that is crazy...but natural.

That is utterly absent here and thus my point holds. Titus this game as you yourself note has
no
change in spite of the evolving gamestate.
In post 963, Nosferatu wrote:Porkens changed places from the last list. Porkens fixed ETL's list. Town indicative obviously.
In post 387, Porkens wrote:Punreader, how did you put this post together?
Using a desktop, of course. , , and this post are all on one; only (where I explicitly stated as such) and (where I implicitly stated such) were on a phone. Since a personal computer is the default method of posting, I see no need to announce its usage; using a mobile device
does
merit declaration, in case the nature of the content doesn't make it obviously so.

Noteworthy: I have less of a beef with Porkens than I used to, but not enough to totally reverse my read. The best definition for my current read there is "ambivalent". This is a read which is bacon for further analysis, so I'll keep you apprised.
There were a great many Porkens posts, plenty to warrant this. Speaking of updating the read, it is loosely town, but with some reservations. About the tier you and Ginngie would be at. Maybe Draynth and Gorkington (though if not, it's because they'd be higher) as well.
In post 609, Punreader wrote:
In post 568, mhsmith0 wrote:Eddie (hydra of Eddie Cane and schadd_) replaces schadd_ effective immediately.
Drop all my non-Titus/ETL/schadd_ punreads, because this is a pun replacement. Cane you guess why?
No, especially since schadd didn't even really replace out, he's still in the game.
Yes, that's precisely
what made it indicative of pun
. I wouldn't have batted an eye at schadd replacing out. Specifically opting to stay is what made it a pun replace.
In post 963, Nosferatu wrote:It's not like this gets explained later either anyway.
Nobody asked. I don't provide reasoning unprompted. I provide reasoning only when given reason to.
In post 963, Nosferatu wrote:The slot is now scum because eddie is acting very town upon replace-in. Which directly opposes the statement of "if it looks like a pun, it's probably just a pun" within the same post.
I used quite specific wording you may note.
Acting
town.
Not
being
town.
Eddie's replacement was to
start acting town
Eddie's replacement was not
actually being town

This made it be a pun entrance. Thus. If it looks like pun. It's probably just pun. And yes. "Acting town, but not being town" looks like pun to me!
In post 366, Ginngie wrote:Pun has puns but there is no actual logic behind his reads
Thus, just making statements to state them
However, you are missing at least one big detail. Figure it out, and you'll understand. :wink:
^this whole post is punreader's gameplay in a nutshell. If you point out anything in his posts, you immediately get drowned in a sea of semantic bullshit because each of his posts are constructed to cover up what he's saying in shitty puns and purposefully obfuscated syntax. He doesn't even try to hide it either.
Naturally not. I see no reason to hide a town trait.
Punreader
Punreader
Goon
Punreader
Goon
Goon

Post Post #968 (ISO) » Sat May 05, 2018 9:42 am

Post by Punreader »

In post 967, Punreader wrote:I used quite specific wording you may note.
Acting
town.
Not
being
town.
Eddie's replacement was to
start acting town
Eddie's replacement was not
actually being town

This made it be a pun entrance. Thus. If it looks like pun. It's probably just pun. And yes. "Acting town, but not being town" looks like pun to me!
And if you want to know the difference between the two.

Refer to the posts Nosferatu omits from my iso:
In post 624, Punreader wrote:
In post 618, Jingle wrote:I can definitely grok your schadd_ argument, btw, pun, but cane seems pretty town since the replace.
That's the problem, actually. Eddie's not where you want to be right now, trust me.
His content since coming in has been to establish a presence and challenge you for the position of town leader and direct the town away from the direction it needs to head towards

Given his competency as both alignments, I can confidently say that this is the play he makes as pun. His approach as town is entirely different.
In post 625, Punreader wrote:
In post 624, Punreader wrote:
In post 618, Jingle wrote:I can definitely grok your schadd_ argument, btw, pun, but cane seems pretty town since the replace.
That's the problem, actually. Eddie's not where you want to be right now, trust me. His content since coming in has been to establish a presence and challenge you for the position of town leader and direct the town away from the direction it needs to head towards.

Given his competency as both alignments, I can confidently say that this is the play he makes as pun. His approach as town is entirely different.
To further clarify.
Eddie's both a remarkably strong town player AND a remarkably strong pun player. As a result, you can quite well use a modified version of Burden of Proficiency without it being fallacious.
If the direction Eddie Cane takes the town is not correct and he makes moves which are advantageous to the pun (e.g. the power play in challenging your status as the town leader), then he is pun
; if Eddie were town, then his approach would be something else altogether. (I'm trying to figure out a way of describing the trait of his towngame without giving away my identity. Even though it's basically an open secret at this point, I'd rather not altogether confirm it explicitly.)

I guarantee you he's a backstabber. Honestly he's probably my strongest punread right now, stronger even than Titus.
In post 626, Punreader wrote:And to add in further reiteration:
part of what makes the move pun is that he
did
spend that time to establish his presence and make it "known" he is "town".
He took the time to make you like him
. That is one of his strongest puntells.

I can say with upwards of 90% confidence I know my meta here. That level of confidence is higher than almost any other player.
The last bolded+italicized+underlined part in particular is what I am referring to. Eddie took the time to make people like him.
Eddie as town is one of the biggest assholes on site. But you don't earn allies as an asshole.
Eddie as scum knows this and thus is nice.
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #969 (ISO) » Sat May 05, 2018 10:00 am

Post by Almost50 »

VOTE: Draynrh

I know I haven't been exactly active, so you may question my read here. Here goes:

As I said earlier, Mulch started the game with a series of shit posts (similar to what he did in the competition game where he was scum).
Mulch then toned it down (so the hydra is probably not scum with him) and eventually replaced out.

At that point the slot would still be null to me.

Draynth came in with some good posts and some not so good. Still NAI

He had a readlist that had Titus at the very bottom, but noted she could be angry town. Fine. He then voted Gork (his second strongest ST) which is also fine.

So where did I get my SR on him? 3 things:

In he asked me about my Gin cote, and I know I didn't respond. He never followed up on that (so he wasn't really interested, but just trying to appear like he's asking questions).

In he questions the SR on Titus from Porkens. He has not made a mention of Titus himself between then and his readlist earlier (in ), so it looks odd for someone to ask why his own SR is getting scum read.

His last post () has him voting Porkens.. his 4th strongest TR, and -again- I don't see how Porkens because a SR here.

In short, Draynth has not been consistent with his own reads and actions, and I would rather lynch him over someone I feel is very likely town by meta (and I do have the experience with Titus as Town vs Town, Town vs Scum, Scum vs Town and even being Scum together).

Modded 2 Opens & 2 Large Themed games successfully.
Punreader
Punreader
Goon
Punreader
Goon
Goon

Post Post #970 (ISO) » Sat May 05, 2018 10:02 am

Post by Punreader »

Actually, this is something I can prove fairly easily without outing my identity. I did a site search on Eddie Cane. I didn't search for hydras and skirt skirt, so the results are not as inclusive as they could be, but I aimed for about ten games worth of references.
Scumgame; Eddie was nice.
Scumgame; Eddie established a strong presence and was a little nice. (Compared to Eddie as town, this is nice; you'll see what I mean.)
Scumgame; once Eddie came in, established a strong presence and was a little nice. (It shouldn't be that difficult to differentiate Eddie from KMD as they have very different styles. Once again, this might not look nice, but when you see the towngames you'll agree it is comparatively nice.)

Contrast:
Towngame; asshole immediately. He also didn't have nearly as strong of an entrance but that might just be my opinion.
Towngame; asshole albeit not immediately apparent. (Check out his "I like pissing you off" post; that is a town Eddie.)
Towngame; a bit of an asshole, and also not establishing a strong presence immediately.
Towngame; a huge asshole, and also not establishing a strong presence immediately.
Speaking of Team Mafia...
Towngame; immediately an asshole, and also not establishing a strong presence immediately.

Eddie as scum establishes a presence immediately and is nice; Eddie as town doesn't bother to establish a presence immediately and doesn't bother to be nice.

This is his pungame.
eddie
eddie
Goon
eddie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #971 (ISO) » Sat May 05, 2018 10:07 am

Post by eddie »

If you think its that easy to read me I literally laugh at you
eddie cane & schadd
eddie
eddie
Goon
eddie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #972 (ISO) » Sat May 05, 2018 10:08 am

Post by eddie »

Also, I think Nos is town, so

VOTE: Punreader
eddie cane & schadd
eddie
eddie
Goon
eddie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #973 (ISO) » Sat May 05, 2018 10:13 am

Post by eddie »

In post 963, Nosferatu wrote:This is a straight up scum replace out. It reads to me as super contrived and awkward.
Cheeky is a nice lad but despises scum, without angleshooting too hard schadd and I also talked about if it could be tactical. I don't think it reallllly is, I think its him not liking the hydra on top of hating the game because of his role pm. He's not enough of a dick to literally just tactical replace.
eddie cane & schadd
eddie
eddie
Goon
eddie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #974 (ISO) » Sat May 05, 2018 10:15 am

Post by eddie »

In post 963, Nosferatu wrote:No, especially since schadd didn't even really replace out, he's still in the game. It's not like this gets explained later either anyway. The slot is now scum because eddie is acting very town upon replace-in. Which directly opposes the statement of "if it looks like a pun, it's probably just a pun" within the same post.
He's still following and talking to me on discord a lot too. IDK why he isn't posting.
eddie cane & schadd

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”