has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #450 (ISO) » Fri May 11, 2018 3:00 pm

Post by MagnaofIllusion »

Welcome
Lycan
. Curious why you chose to replace into this game given your obvious disdain for the Geriatric player pool from the Geriatric discussion thread and looking forward to seeing your contributions given you are the leading wagon. Also need to check back on Sypro Mafia I think.

Pine
– How’s that Fire reread coming?

Tammy pretty much has solidified my Town read on the slot with this recent batch of posting. She hit three specific points in her re-reads that were basically pulled from my skull at the time she is referring to.

Eddie
– Friendly suggestion to find a better place for your vote. Tammy isn’t scum.

--
In post 426, Tammy wrote:(There is a game that RC linked in site chat a couple weeks ago where he thought that Magna did really well as scum that I've been meaning to read to make sure, so this is here mostly as a reminder for myself to look for it again to orient myself and make sure what I'm looking for hasn't made its way into his scum game.)
Tammy can you give me some context here? I don’t EVER go in chat so I’m a bit surprised I would even be brought up there and I kind of refuse to believe that RC would be posting about me in any sort of complimentary way. Thanks!

--
In post 441, Kison wrote:I'm still very happy with my Tywin vote. Him flaking out makes me feel even better about it. I see Firebringer has some votes on him now. I'd consider switching back but I'm happier where I am for the time being. None of the other wagons particularly interest me right now.
I think I’m his solo vote right now re Fire FYI.

Why do you think Twyin flaking is aligment indicative?

--
In post 442, Kmd4390 wrote:Stubbornness, generally, sure. But when it comes to something like "I'm not explaining X until Y happens" even under the threat of a wagon, that's town stubbornness. The reason for that is you know it's not helping things as far as peoples' reads on you, but it may help you with your own reads. As scum, only one of those two things matters.
Um no but I think we are at loggerheads on this and further discussion will basically be that double Spiderman meme with each of us saying “No, you are wrong” even if you happen to be Town.
In post 442, Kmd4390 wrote:If you are town, I want you to be using logic that will get accurate results. If your basis for anything regarding Eddie is "he's like Mathdino" or "he's like radiantcowbells", you're probably going to be wrong. So yeah I wanted to correct that. But no, I don't at all think that makes you scum.
And responses like this are why I still scum read you KMD. You are going out of your way to portray my thought process in a way that shows either you don’t understand it or are being willfully ignorant on the subject. It feels scummy since I have clearly stated that the similarities are on specific psychological elements and not on playstyle.
In post 442, Kmd4390 wrote:Which of the things I listed do you not find credible?
The whole thing was completely over-explained. Here’s that post again for those following along at home – . You spent way too much time explaining in detail about how the games are different when the last line –
In post 318, Kmd4390 wrote:I didn't see it as wagoning a newbie because I don't see you as a newbie.
should have been all you needed to say on the issue. Of course the games are different.

Additionally I’m having a hard time with your read on Eddie. Ever single thing he does is a Town tell for you. And when to my mind if you were Town and he laid out a scum-read (even early on) towards you based on that logic that you spent so much time explaining wasn’t valid I would not expect you to think “Town”. It feels contrived to me and almost appeasement of him since you returned.
"I am a leaf on the wind ... watch how I soar!"

Pretty much Geriatric game restricted at this point ... unless there are players I REALLY want to play with.
Eddie Cane
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #451 (ISO) » Fri May 11, 2018 3:05 pm

Post by Eddie Cane »

my vote is on PJ
"Ima need to buy at least Josh a fucking tarot card reading because this dude is scary at picking up on scum before they even post what the fuck type of Ms. Cleo ass psychic ass mothafucka did yall allow to sign up for this site"
MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #452 (ISO) » Fri May 11, 2018 3:06 pm

It is? Well great psychic preemptive move then.

In my defense the last vote-count had you voting Tammy.

Pretty much Geriatric game restricted at this point ... unless there are players I REALLY want to play with.
hitogoroshi
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Post Post #453 (ISO) » Fri May 11, 2018 3:26 pm

Post by hitogoroshi »

In post 437, Lycanfire wrote:/confirming that I read my PM apparently we have to do this in thread now
How much of the game had you read when you made this post?

Agree with Kison that the Tywin flake makes me feel even better about the vote. Obviously flaking can happen as any alignment but this smells like a scum flake because of the cadence where his posts got progressively narrower in scope. Remember, 320 was his last post, and it was a single minded attempt to attack his way out of the hole. It didn't work and it earned him a couple more votes. So I can easily see flaking as being a symptom of just not having anything to say.

Axel
, please respond to my question from earlier:
Do you believe Pine will be lynched today? If yes, what do you suppose the path to that will look like? If no, why not?
In post 447, Kmd4390 wrote: You don't think scum would rather be read as town than left in a pool that eventually could make them scum by process of elimination?
I think that, given that I mentioned I thought his questions were townie, scum-PJ would have just left it at the disclaimer of "yes, I kind of play detective a bit much". I never actually asked for him to commit to a bunch of reads and just left it as an open question, so the fact he proactively did it is nice.
"Don’t buy a dozen eggs if you just want a hardboiled egg. Don’t buy a head of lettuce if you just want a salad. Don’t buy eggs and lettuce if you want egg salad because those are not the right ingredients." -Julius Bloop
Tammy
Tammy
Survivor
Tammy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #454 (ISO) » Fri May 11, 2018 4:28 pm

Post by Tammy »

In post 447, Kmd4390 wrote:
Note to self: I want to check something in Tammy's meta and need to find a town game or two of hers. Meh, I should probably look at a scum game or two as well just to be sure I'm not misremembering the tell I think I'm picking up.
Tammy wrote:Absolutely detest Tywin's 99
Tammy wrote:I think I picked up something he's more likely to do as town than scum, so I'll have to come back to this.
Tammy wrote:Tywin is my biggest concern as of now.
Hmm. You said when you first replaced in that you're leaning scum and I'm assuming that's still your read (correct me if I'm wrong). Are you willing to say what the meta tell was and why your reasons for scumreading him might outweigh that? And why haven't you voted him?
Have fun looking at my meta :) We were scum together in one of the last games I played here btw. It was Nancy's Girls game where I was in a hydra with Nacho (Imperium) and flaked.

Yes, I'm still leaning scum on Tywin. I almost replaced into his slot so I had looked at his game and cursorily skimmed a couple other games to get an idea of what I was replacing into. Besides being jumpy and reactionary, what I believe I noticed was that when he was town he was paranoid and doled out scum reads like they were candy and felt pretty forceful about it whereas when he was scum he felt more subdued. I don't think I have a great meta understanding of him; they were skim meta readings just to see if I thought I'd be replacing into a scum slot or a town slot. I thought probably scum.

Basically I thought if I came to a place where I saw paranoia and him calling half the game scum then that might mean he was town, and if I came to that then I'd probably go back and check his meta to be sure that that tell I thought I saw was even a thing. I don't consider myself a great meta reader; I mostly look for a personality baseline and if there are any glaring differences.

I'm not sure what your question about what my reasons for scum reading him might outweigh that is referring to. I did mention that I remembered that in the game we played together, I did not like many of his posts but I townread him due to his paranoia and jumpiness which I thought overrode me not liking his take on the game regardless. Are you meaning that?

I'm not voting him for two reasons. I'm not caught up. I'm not even halfway through this game and am still forming my reads. And I'm not a big voter. I realize this frustrates some people at times until they're used to me, and even after they're used to me, but I don't vote until I'm ready. And when I do vote, it's usually because I have a scumread I feel comfortable with and they're the person I want lynched.
Tammy wrote:I'm missing the context of who Eddie is replying to but uh that's not what happened or at least not how it happened. After Morality made that active lurking post he made like two other posts on site and then siteflaked for a few days. He got prodded, didn't pick up his prod and I got an email asking if I still wanted to replace in. Korts sent me the role pm and pretty much at the same time, Morality came back and began the 1v1 with Eddie. But since I had already been sent the role pm, Korts considered him already replaced, so the 1v1 got cut short because he was no longer in the game.

I don't know Boon very well, but he seems like he's got a pretty big ego about his game and I can't imagine him running away even if he were scum, but that's neither here nor there because it's not what happened.
True, but he also admitted to actively avoiding the thread before all of that. I guess it's not really "giving up" so much as hiding. I guess I could believe that Boon would do that as scum.[/quote]

Right, and I said that in the post you quoted. He made the active lurking post, and then pretty much site flaked. He made a couple other posts on site before getting prodded and then replaced. There was no hiding involved though. People in hiding don't usually post in response to getting called out with "I'm active lurking; I'll post later" and when he came back when getting replaced he did go into the 1v1. He just got replaced in the midst of that. Maybe Boon would do that as scum, but he didn't.
In post 450, MagnaofIllusion wrote:
In post 426, Tammy wrote:(There is a game that RC linked in site chat a couple weeks ago where he thought that Magna did really well as scum that I've been meaning to read to make sure, so this is here mostly as a reminder for myself to look for it again to orient myself and make sure what I'm looking for hasn't made its way into his scum game.)
Tammy can you give me some context here? I don’t EVER go in chat so I’m a bit surprised I would even be brought up there and I kind of refuse to believe that RC would be posting about me in any sort of complimentary way. Thanks!
I rarely go into site chat myself, but I've been distracting myself from grading quite a bit these past few weeks. I believe they were having a conversation about who good scum players are. Not sure what started it, but I believe it was Spiffeh who mentioned how you wrecked him in The Thing. I mentioned how I still kick myself for only limply asking you about a couple things I was concerned about, not that I think I would have been able to actually catch you there because you played excellently, but I always kick myself when I don't play my best and let things go. And RC was there and said there was a recent game he thought you played really well in and linked it. My browser crapped out on me since then, so I don't have it open in a tab anymore and am too lazy to look for it right now, but I think you replaced into it and won.

I still have over 70 finals to grade :(. Think I'm gonna avoid it and procrastinate here instead!
I am in the top 90% of scumhunters onsite!
Tammy
Tammy
Survivor
Tammy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #455 (ISO) » Fri May 11, 2018 6:19 pm

Post by Tammy »

Last night when I was trying to fall asleep and was kinda reading, I got to Magna's and misread it as him thinking that if Pine was town then he should be reading Magna town, which confused me because it's not a post I associate with Magna making. Me, sure? Magna, I don't think so. But it gave me a strong townread there because I thought wow that's just not a post I think Magna!scum would make, but later I realized he meant Pine should be scum reading him and lol never mind. I'm not going to tell you just how long I contemplated on what that meant for his alignment with my misunderstanding because embarrassing, especially since he literally says what he means in the post.

Pine - In , you say that Firebringer's "Let's be Masons" thing could be a prelude to pocketing. Why? I thought that was a typical type of Firebringer statement.

I don't agree with Eddie on his that a KMD!town was pretty much obligated to come out and defend him from an rvs wagon on the basis that he's a good player, but I like what it says about Eddie. It reminds me along the lines of how I've expected for certain players in the game to interact with me based on past games/personal interactions, etc. Don't know why he thought Tywin was town in isolation. Don't know why he thought Pine was genuinely sorting him, but I'm pretty sure I remember that being brought up and hashed out, so if that was a dream this is something I'll come back to if not, eh.

Eddie - When you quote stripe interact/respond to people, what are you doing? Because I believe that whatever you are doing is cutting off who you are interacting with. And I think a couple times you break up their bigger posts to respond to several, but then the next one you reply to isn't the original person's post and is someone else's and it makes it very difficult to follow. I realize this in part is a me problem. I find it very difficult to follow quote stripe walls in the first place and have an automatic dislike of them, even if it's my favorite person in the world's preferred catch up method, but when you cut out who you are replying to it makes it even more difficult for me to follow your thought process and what/who you're responding to.
In post 171, Eddie Cane wrote:I'm more comfortable with Insanity town now. It felt like he was the person voting me who was most trying to sort me. Thanks ffery for your meta stuff.
Did ffery give you meta on insanity?

Old Man - It might be psychosis from a complete lack of sleep and nonstop grading, but you've said explain so many times that I'm now reading all your posts in Dalek voice. If you could just post "exterminate" whenever you vote, you'd make my geeky heart very happy.

Angleshooting was a MafiaUniverse generated term! Pretty sure anyway. Man people use that in all kinds of weird ways.

post 175, MagnaofIllusion"]
In post 168, Pine wrote:Be less smug and condescending. If you're so out of touch you don't have any idea who Magna is, you definitely need to fuck off of your high horse.
Pine I respect you want to make things less toxic but don’t feel the need if it is on my behalf. I think OldMan is specifically being insulting as a tactic. He’s clearly an alt and I get the feeling he thinks by being insulting he can “put me on tilt” as the poker term goes. It doesn’t bother me as I recognize it for what it is.[/quote]
See, if you perceive that OM is trying to put you on tilt in order to get scum!MoI to be reckless and make a revelatory mistake, that should obviate your scumread on him. But...it isn't.

Now I *do* suspect you, for this cogdis.

@OM: Everyone has their own style. MoI not conforming to mine is not a relevant reason to think anything about him. That said, see above dissonance-based suspicion of him.[/quote]

Okay so when I said earlier that Pine felt a bit posturey, one of the things I was referring to was that it felt like Pine already knew Magna's alignment and was trying to seem like he didn't. (I thought at a couple points that maybe they were partnered playing the I don't know about you game, but I don't think I feel that way actually reading through in context, though I do still wonder if Pine knows Magna's alignment.)

Anyway, I don't understand why you got this interpretation of the post. (This couple posts I did read before and might be where I thought the above actually) Because, huh? Why did you go to this interpretation? I mean I do know that Magna clarifies in a bit and you're like okay, but I don't follow where that was your interpretation. Usually when people talk about people putting them on tilt in a mafia game it's that people are attacking them in such a way to throw them off emotionally and they end up not making sense, not having any sort of clear understanding of the game and end up a mess.

Why did you go to him thinking scum him? (Maybe that's part of the ensuing conversation, so might not need to answer, but where you went felt off.

Oh as far as the game filling up quickly, etc and so Old Man had to be invited. Eh? I had plenty of time to hem and haw over whether or not I wanted to join. Saw the waiting for the people to confirm, hem and haw some more, so not so sure on the he was invited thing. Think any of it's not alignment indicative or worth caring about.
In post 185, Pine wrote: I think roflcopter may be my spirit animal this game. We seem to be pretty in sync.
where?

Magna's continued push for OldMan looks good for Magna. The energy of it feels good so far.

I can actually buy that Firebringer's is why he's scum reading Magna. He did put down both Firebringer and Titus in The Thing when he was scum, but is something that is also a product of his town game. Magna is probably more cavalier than most to express his disdain for certain players/play styles. (I'll go back and check this just to be sure that it really isn't alignment indicative though) Maaaaybe a fair point on the outsourcing of the reads thing, though I think that's something that has to be looked at in context and how he goes about it rather than the fact that the does it. If that makes sense? I like the PJ read at the end here as well as the Eddie read and guess why you're a town read bit. Also I kind of like the "I should look for what I expect from a reaction test before I reaction test" sort of thing, but if I'm right that fire bringer rather often does the let's be in thread masons thing then I don't get that as a specific reaction test.

KMD - Turnabout is fair play. At the end of why was there an unvote without a revote? Kinda felt like there should be a Jelly vote there.
In post 194, hitogoroshi wrote:I actually almost always get scum pings on MoI regardless of alignment, so me not getting them probably means he's town?
Oh this was one of my biggest question marks on you because I was wondering if Magna always bugs your gut, why him not bugging your gut meant he was town instead of scum was looming. But I missed the regardless of alignment thing first time around. Do you know what it is that usually bugs your gut that isn't bugging your gut this time? And why that doesn't make you feel more conflicted?

Breaking here because this is getting too long. I'll keep reading as long as I stay awake...might pass out before you hear from me again though.
In post 439, roflcopter wrote: tammy devoting a lot of effort to justifying her axel townread
Know I'm jumping ahead, but I forgot to respond to this before.

I'm providing my thoughts on the pages as I'm reading them. Is there a specific thing you disagree with?
Tammy
Tammy
Survivor
Tammy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #456 (ISO) » Fri May 11, 2018 7:09 pm

Post by Tammy »

In post 204, MagnaofIllusion wrote: So why fib about that Fire?
If this is part of the basis for the fire scum read, it's probably thin. I'm reminded of the cross-town game at mtgs where DGB asserted she could always read Thor, and it blew up because she was wrong in her assertion but maybe believed it and I think ended in both of them getting mislynched. I think it's a thing to get properly annoyed about because it is frustrating when someone claims perfect read on you when they obviously and provably haven't, but isn't always alignment indicative.
In post 207, Kison wrote:
In post 200, hitogoroshi wrote:
In post 199, Kison wrote:My biggest takeaway from it is what I've already said: Axel, who didn't actually join the wagon but sorta kinda condoned it & threw his vote in with Pine instead. It really did read as "I don't want to be #7 on this thing."
But alignment-wise, how do you interpret not wanting to be #7 on that thing? To me, that seems to make sense for any permutation of alignments, but this post gives me the impression you have a specific takeaway you're drawing from it.
Sure, that's fair to say. Considering the vote would have put Eddie at L-1 on page 3, it would make sense not to place it.

What I don't like is the level of effort he goes into explaining his disdain for Eddie if he's not intending to vote. He spends more time talking about it than Pine. He's "almost ready to actually believe that" Eddie confirmed in the scum PT, but also says "it's thin."

Anyway I'll give this game a proper read tomorrow.
?

Pretty much all he said about Eddie was that he agree with Magna, but he had a different point about Pine, and seemed to give more thoughts about Pine? Seemed like that was what he was referring to as thin.
In post 209, roflcopter wrote:moi forgive me if you've done this already but can you explain why axelrod is your strongest townread? i also wonder why kison is categorized as not yet readable while i'm in the town list, because i feel like he and i have posted about the same amount of content and our opinions are largely similar so far. you're not the only one with this weird dichotomy of townreading me and nullreading kison though as far as i can tell. there's some kind of groupthink going on with people townreading me, which is giving me the heebie jeebies for some reason.

i have this vague suspicion that hito and axel are scum together but i can't really put it into words right now
I like this post from rofl. We haven't played together for such a long time, but the last two times I played with him/saw him as scum, he was like rawr rawr rawr posture posture as scum. It felt like when he was scum, which if I remember correctly was the weaker of his alignments, he felt the need to be definitive and aggressive rather than just play, and this just feels like playing.

MY SPACEBAR IS FUCKING UP IT'S ANNOYING!
In post 219, Pine wrote: I can see that, yeah. Axel (like OM) has given me the vibe of using a lot of words to say not much. Hito is giving me overtly wolfy vibes, but I don't think a pro player like him would be that obvious. Or would he? Christ I just WIFOM-bombed myself.
Why do you think the "use a lot of words to not say much" means scum?

Can you talk about Hito's overtly wolfy vibes?

I agree with Insanity's that calling rofl town for is weak sauce

My cat just threw up in like five places in my apartment; I don't like my cat so much right now.

Like Old Man's real writing voice. It's easier to follow. Disagree that scum don't disagree with town reads on themselves. See that given to people for reads all the time, seen scum do it - done it myself.

Old Man - What do you like about insanity's ?
In post 243, Pine wrote:I could, but I choose not to.
posturing

End of page 10 - Kison, Insanity and PJ's posting all have that "this post says this, this says that, this means what" quality to it that is super duper easy to fake as scum cuz its just about literal words and is hard to get a read on. Kison's post to fire has a little fire so that's nice, and rofl's post where he's seems a bit annoyed that everyone is just writing him off as town but not really reading him is good.

I'm now halfway there!
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #457 (ISO) » Fri May 11, 2018 7:23 pm

Post by Kmd4390 »

Magna wrote:And responses like this are why I still scum read you KMD. You are going out of your way to portray my thought process in a way that shows either you don’t understand it or are being willfully ignorant on the subject. It feels scummy since I have clearly stated that the similarities are on specific psychological elements and not on playstyle.
I don't understand it but I don't see why you think I'm going out of my way to show it when that post was a direct answer to a question you asked me about it or why it would be a problem if I was. I don't see a similarity there. Playstyle, personality, whatever. I don't get it.
Magna wrote:The whole thing was completely over-explained. Here’s that post again for those following along at home – 318. You spent way too much time explaining in detail about how the games are different when the last line – should have been all you needed to say on the issue. Of course the games are different.
*shrug*. I like to go into detail when I can in games. It makes me more transparent. I'm also aware that other people may not be familiar with the nature of Team Mafia or that the way Eddie presented it wasn't exactly how I saw it.
Magna wrote:Additionally I’m having a hard time with your read on Eddie. Ever single thing he does is a Town tell for you. And when to my mind if you were Town and he laid out a scum-read (even early on) towards you based on that logic that you spent so much time explaining wasn’t valid I would not expect you to think “Town”. It feels contrived to me and almost appeasement of him since you returned.
Wrong doesn't always mean fake. His reasoning didn't come off as fake. He noticed a difference between my actions toward him here and in another game and took that difference to be due to a different alignment. I showed that there were quite a few differences and alignment isn't one of them. It's a common assumption from town players that someone doing one thing in one game and another somewhere else must mean they were town in one and scum in the other. I'm pretty sure that's all that happened here.
Tammy wrote:Have fun looking at my meta :) We were scum together in one of the last games I played here btw. It was Nancy's Girls game where I was in a hydra with Nacho (Imperium) and flaked.
Yep, I mentioned that game earlier. It's actually the game that made me think of the thing I want to look for. But I can't find our PT for some reason and it was something I'm pretty sure you said in there that I have in mind. I might be able to figure it out without it but it will be harder.
Tammy wrote:I'm not sure what your question about what my reasons for scum reading him might outweigh that is referring to. I did mention that I remembered that in the game we played together, I did not like many of his posts but I townread him due to his paranoia and jumpiness which I thought overrode me not liking his take on the game regardless. Are you meaning that?
You said you picked up on something he'd be more likely to do as town. What I meant was why do your reasons for scumreading him outweigh whatever that was?
Tammy wrote:I'm not voting him for two reasons. I'm not caught up. I'm not even halfway through this game and am still forming my reads. And I'm not a big voter. I realize this frustrates some people at times until they're used to me, and even after they're used to me, but I don't vote until I'm ready. And when I do vote, it's usually because I have a scumread I feel comfortable with and they're the person I want lynched.
Ok.
Tammy wrote: Right, and I said that in the post you quoted. He made the active lurking post, and then pretty much site flaked. He made a couple other posts on site before getting prodded and then replaced. There was no hiding involved though. People in hiding don't usually post in response to getting called out with "I'm active lurking; I'll post later" and when he came back when getting replaced he did go into the 1v1. He just got replaced in the midst of that. Maybe Boon would do that as scum, but he didn't.
Boon doesn't really fit with what people "usually" do. He likes to do blatantly scummy things and then tell us all he'd never do it as scum because he's good at scum. The active lurking post is definitely something he'd do for a reverse psychology kind of town read because "scum wouldn't do that".
Tammy wrote: KMD - Turnabout is fair play. At the end of 192 why was there an unvote without a revote? Kinda felt like there should be a Jelly vote there.
I wasn't anywhere near caught up. I don't like to place a new vote with zero awareness of gamestate.
KMD is the coolest dude who ever lost a bet to me - vonflare
Tammy
Tammy
Survivor
Tammy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #458 (ISO) » Fri May 11, 2018 7:31 pm

Post by Tammy »

I think the scum pt for that game is here: viewtopic.php?f=94&t=72448
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #459 (ISO) » Fri May 11, 2018 7:32 pm

Post by Kmd4390 »

That's it! Thanks.
KMD is the coolest dude who ever lost a bet to me - vonflare
Tammy
Tammy
Survivor
Tammy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #460 (ISO) » Fri May 11, 2018 7:48 pm

Post by Tammy »

I'm super interested in the thing you thought you saw from our scum chat, so I hope you point it out before i fall asleep!

Ah on Tywin - the thing I picked up that I thought he was more likely to do as town than as scum was the paranoia and way he pushed his reads. Neither of those things was present in his posts at the point when I was almost going to replace his slot, which is why I said I might be coming back to that. I don't know what his posts were like after the prod and almost replace point, so it he looked like town once he got into the game it yes would override my dislike of his first couple posts at my almost replace in point.

Did I understand your question there?
Tammy
Tammy
Survivor
Tammy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #461 (ISO) » Fri May 11, 2018 8:30 pm

Post by Tammy »

In post 253, Eddie Cane wrote:fire's in my poe now ya i'll do an updated one in my next effortpost. doesn't help he ignored my questions immediately after his post and his last post was eh.

VOTE: KMD

its sad the two of the like three or four in this game im friends with (KMD and Boon) are my two biggest scumreads though :(
Awe I like this post

Tywin's NO FIRE synopsis bullshit NO FIRE

Insanity - In you say that you missed the context due to scrolling through ISO's. Are you not reading the game as it unfolds? Are you just going through ISO's?

Hito - You wanna know why your rofl town read for managing thread culture is weak sauce? It's personality dependent, but you don't seem to be taking that into account. I've done it, seen other scum do it, but you're taking it at face value it's just town cuz scum don't do it. I didn't think that you had those kind of superficial town do this/scum do this type outlook. Also why is Firebringer's gross? Dig a little deeper. Why does it benefit scum him? I really like your though!

Cool Dog thinks that Tywin's 99 is a good post. I was pretty certain Cooldog and I would not see eye to eye on anything to do with mafia and ayup called that one. And further reading tells me that's bluster with little value, we will personality/playstyle clash and his thoughts won't matter to me so boooooooooop moving on. Probably just work around this one until it matters. (Pine when I say I know when I'm being a bitch, yep right here I know it.)

Still fine with Axel.

I really should go to sleep.
Tammy
Tammy
Survivor
Tammy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #462 (ISO) » Fri May 11, 2018 9:06 pm

Post by Tammy »

EDDIE - You just finished a game with town!Tywin, who am I wrong people thought was scummy, is his play here different?

Fire - You have ten posts a day that you can do your engaging people thing in you know! You're not required to be standoffish!
In post 293, Kmd4390 wrote:Does anyone know insanity well enough to know if she fakes this kind of thing as scum?
Insanity wrote: I don't think I've done anything to justify this read. :igmeou: What do you like about me?
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH

There's nothing faceable about that and once it became a town tell it ceased being a town tell.

Also you couldn't find what you were looking for in the scum chat yet? There was so little that I posted game related, it should be easy!
In post 302, Old Man wrote:2. I am attempting to profile you. chamber was accusing Eddie of being scummy, then asking Eddie to prove himself innocent with meta evidence that he performs the same behavior as town... guilty until proven innocent? Here is the difference: chamber is accusing Eddie of being scum, without proof. However, I am not accusing you of anything! How are the two relevant?
Actually this is false. Chamber himself said he wasn't done properly metadiving Eddie and his only real conclusion was that Eddie seemed to enjoy being town more than scum and thought he seemed like he wasn't enjoying this game very much. He wanted Eddie to provide him with some town games that were similar to here, but unless I missed a swath of Chamber posts, his read was inconclusive and he wasn't ready to call Eddie sure scum yet.
In post 308, Pine wrote:PJ I have not been active lurking. I have more posts than anyone else, including more than thrice your total.

As Axel said, the relaxed pace makes it easy to just coast for a while and see what develops.

More importantly, though I just haven't seen anything enough that makes me want to change my mind about reads.
Oh come on, you know vote counts don't mean shit especially when you've been mostly sideline sniping. It's the living definition of active lurking.

Oh eh I have to get up in two hours. Pick up from 310 later.

Tywin is still my biggest concern.
Tammy
Tammy
Survivor
Tammy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #463 (ISO) » Fri May 11, 2018 9:07 pm

Post by Tammy »

*post counts don't mean shit
Lycanfire
Lycanfire
Mafia Scum
Lycanfire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #464 (ISO) » Sat May 12, 2018 3:53 am

Post by Lycanfire »

In post 450, MagnaofIllusion wrote:Welcome Lycan. Curious why you chose to replace into this game given your obvious disdain for the Geriatric player pool from the Geriatric discussion thread and looking forward to seeing your contributions given you are the leading wagon. Also need to check back on Sypro Mafia I think.
When have I spoken poorly about Geriatrics?

What's with your fascination with Spyro Mafia? Did part of your ego die back in Mini Normal 1890?
In post 453, hitogoroshi wrote:How much of the game had you read when you made this post?
Didn't get any further than the player list.

--

I take a long time to do my magic. Anyone have better questions while I catch up?
Lycanfire
Lycanfire
Mafia Scum
Lycanfire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #465 (ISO) » Sat May 12, 2018 4:06 am

Post by Lycanfire »

where i'm at: end of page 6

@Axel: Pine budding in with Chamber seems to be a re-occurring theme. What's your read on the Chamber slot?

@Eddie Cane: Have you called anybody dogshit yet?

@Moi: How do you feel about OM defining Eddie Cane as lynchbait and encouraging Petro to make something of themselves?

@Roflcopter: You wanted no business in OM or Eddie in . What about Axel interested you so much that you'd sit on the vote for +/- 80 posts?

@Tammy: I'd ask Chamber what the fuck he's doing for half of his posts. If you want to play get in the mind of your pred I'm game~

@Woofbringer: Did you ask Pine to marry you just to make Moi jealous?

People I'm hard tring~

Hito made a roundabout post that "leads back to zero". It reads like Hito had a good point and decided to keep talking until he discredited himself, which is something that would come from town opposed to a scumbutt that gets off on having authority.

OM. The gambit is good. He's the most sociable player on the list so far interacting with everybody besides KMD and Cooldog, and I feel like he's pushing people in the right places./ I'm only seeing good intent from him so far.

People I'm hard sring~

Chamber dropped a shitpost in and Pine made the very reasonable reply afterwards... in .

cough
sorry if I leave it like that my point will be lost on people

Pine interfered with Chamber's push on Eddie. Make your good points™ all you like, I'll probably roll my eyes onto my touchpad. What shooting it down immediately does is remove any utility his poorly intended question had. Why'd you break up the fight Pine? Chiarire.

VOTE: Pine
MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #466 (ISO) » Sat May 12, 2018 5:21 am

@Tammy
– Thanks for the insight. Please let me know what game was being referenced because I can’t think of any scum games of recent vintage where I replaced in. In fact my really only recent scum game (last 6 months) was Miss List 2 but I didn’t replace in. I may have follow-up questions based on what game it was.
In post 456, Tammy wrote:f this is part of the basis for the fire scum read, it's probably thin.
Its part of it. The main chunks are his disconnection with the game (IMO) and the fact that he refused to actually vote his own scum-reads as opposed to sheeping someone. His last large post in fact feels like he’s just buddying up to a number of players for “defense” of himself as opposed to actually trying to find scum. Finally his scum read of me is manufactured as crap. Maybe its his ego and not liking to play with me but there is not a single point he’s made that is even close to alignment indicative and he feels like he’s trying to buzzword BBQ (OMGUS, “fake Town reads”) his way out of questions about his case.

--
In post 464, Lycanfire wrote:When have I spoken poorly about Geriatrics?
Here is what I am referring to
In post 41, Lycanfire wrote:geriatrics should get a cop head start to better align them with more skilled mafia communities
I think his is pretty much the textbook definition of talking poorly about the Geriatric community.
In post 464, Lycanfire wrote:What's with your fascination with Spyro Mafia? Did part of your ego die back in Mini Normal 1890?
I wouldn’t say it is a fascination as much as the most recent game we were both in and I don’t remember what alignment you were. So I wanted to refresh my memory of how you played and see if you were Town there or not. For example I will need to see if you were this over-reactive in that game.

As to your question to me – I’m going to defer til you actually catch up in the game because the direct question you asked was answered long ago.

petroleumjelly
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
Thirteenthly, ...
Pronoun: he/him/his

Post Post #467 (ISO) » Sat May 12, 2018 7:16 am

Post by petroleumjelly »

1.)
Eddie Cane, please explain why you feel Pine is internally "sorting" you.

2.)
roflcopter, please answer my questions from Post #344.

3.)
Same goes for Firebringer. Please answer my questions from Post #344.

4.)
I do not believe Tywin Lannister's force-replacement is particularly alignment indicative. It appears he posts on-site for half of the week; he generally posts Wednesday through Saturday, and rarely posts Sunday through Tuesday. (This appears to be the cause of his initial force-replacement that was retracted). His last post in this game (Saturday, May 5th) was also the last day he posted on-site.

5.)
Lycanfire, can you please clarify Post #465? Are you scumreading both chamber's slot
and
Pine, or just Pine? And why are you voting for Pine if you have only read six pages of the game? Are you aware he is a leading wagon?
"Logic? I call that flapdoodle."
Pine
Pine
In Your Head
Pine
In Your Head
In Your Head

Post Post #468 (ISO) » Sat May 12, 2018 7:36 am

Post by Pine »

I'm finally home from the hospital with the little Pinecone.

I don't have any plans for tomorrow after Mother's Day brunch, aside from just being a new dad. I plan on spending a lot of my downtime here.
"Cry havoc, and let slip the wombat of war!"

Act 3, Scene 1 of
Julius Caesar
, by W. Shakespeare
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #469 (ISO) » Sat May 12, 2018 10:56 am

Post by Firebringer »

So I am pretty busy right now with something, but decided to respond to things directed at me. Even though I don't feel like it. We have some good sub ins which should get really get me back into the game. I am hopeful for that, but right now my mind isn't in this game still. Anyways here to respond to things.

Tammy's Post:
I can actually buy that Firebringer's 189 is why he's scum reading Magna. He did put down both Firebringer and Titus in The Thing when he was scum, but is something that is also a product of his town game. Magna is probably more cavalier than most to express his disdain for certain players/play styles. (I'll go back and check this just to be sure that it really isn't alignment indicative though) Maaaaybe a fair point on the outsourcing of the reads thing, though I think that's something that has to be looked at in context and how he goes about it rather than the fact that the does it. If that makes sense? I like the PJ read at the end here as well as the Eddie read and guess why you're a town read bit. Also I kind of like the "I should look for what I expect from a reaction test before I reaction test" sort of thing, but if I'm right that fire bringer rather often does the let's be in thread masons thing then I don't get that as a specific reaction test.
I am not scumreading MOI because of paranoia if that is what you are saying, and I have already talked about his cavalier attitude is NAI but the way he approaches other people with it is. For example him saying "Ohh I will let Pine do the read for me", which is something that isn't a thing magna approaches things. He always comes to his own conclusions on things even if he "trusts someone elses read". Really the fact that it is pine is the only reason I have doubts on this because I can't really see MOI in thread telling his scumbuddy "ohh ill sheep your read on this player", unless he thinks Pine can convincingly push me or something better than him? Which again don't think is something that goes through his mind at any point.

Post by PJ
3.) Same goes for Firebringer. Please answer my questions from Post #344.
I answered this. I am sheeping Eddie Cane for foreseeable future.
In fact:

VOTE: PJ
I also townread you.

Post by Magna:
Its part of it. The main chunks are his disconnection with the game (IMO) and the fact that he refused to actually vote his own scum-reads as opposed to sheeping someone. His last large post in fact feels like he’s just buddying up to a number of players for “defense” of himself as opposed to actually trying to find scum. Finally his scum read of me is manufactured as crap. Maybe its his ego and not liking to play with me but there is not a single point he’s made that is even close to alignment indicative and he feels like he’s trying to buzzword BBQ (OMGUS, “fake Town reads”) his way out of questions about his case.
Ohh hey MOI, where have I used buzzwords to describe my scumread on you?

MOI says I am buddying, when I am just being friendly to people. I think you could use the term buddying for Eddie and Pine but everyone else, I am just being friendly.

So you question my ego about not liking to play with you, when you say things about me that are disrespectful. Like, I swear you are trying to make this personal. I don't care. I think everything you are doing is just pushing me either for playstyle issues or just because you see me as easy mislynch potential. That is all. Frankly I could see you as town here, but I think its doubtful. Would anyone tell me anything I am missing about MOI that is townie that I am straight up ignoring?

Like I am willing to see potential that I am blindsided here, but I really think most of the things he has done is either NAI or scummy. The biggest things that are scummy are just the way he has pushed things in this game. Which I can go even further.

Also final note I still plan to go through every post since my last post left of and give my thoughts and comments. I have read everything in this game at least once, can't say it gave me really anymore that I actually want to dig deepr into besides possibility of Pine day one lynch, but I don't want to do that today because PINECONE, also I want to neighborize him so we can shit up a PT.

Post by Lycan:
@Woofbringer: Did you ask Pine to marry you just to make Moi jealous?
I make everyone jealous with my hot dog buns. If you know what I mean ;)
Whats been up with you Lycan? Seems people don't really like your slot so much.
What your thoughts on people scumreading it?

Post by Tammy:
Fire - You have ten posts a day that you can do your engaging people thing in you know! You're not required to be standoffish!
WHAT!?!?!?!?!? I think I have been quite ENGAGING. I TRY TO TALK TO PEOPLE. YOU WERE THE ONE WHO DIDNT SAY HI TO ME WHEN YOU ENTERED!

Okay, I can see standoffish. Hows life been Tammy?
What is the latest patch updates in Tammy_Life.Exe
Did you give the students 0s because of this game?

I think I should utilize my 10 posts a day but this new style is very challenging for me. I think you can imagine the change being drastic, you seen me play :lol:
Show
"You are the Joker of mafia players" - Oversoul
"last time I was scum with Firebringer
his first post in the scum PT was "yes I rolled scum!"
I decided to post "haha just don't post that in the main thread", but to get up to date on the main thread first.

His first post in the main thread was "yes I rolled scum!" -popsofctown
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #470 (ISO) » Sat May 12, 2018 11:07 am

Post by Firebringer »

In post 447, Kmd4390 wrote:Firebringer, your town read on Jelly is one I'm having trouble understanding and it's not just because I disagree with it. You seem to have the idea that he's borderline incompetent as scum which I don't at all get. And then any other mention of him is either just that he's definitely town and you saying that you already elaborated on him. Your read feels overstated if anything. I'd just like to know if there's more to it or if it's as simple as you don't think he can...well...play the game as scum. I'd imagine a guy who has been on the site for 13 years is capable of playing the way he has been so far so hopefully there's more to it or I'm just misunderstanding you completely.
I wanted to respond to this post as well but forgot.

I think you are misunderstanding my read? I don't think of PJ as incompetent scum. PJ won several scum games at Calimeet, like he isn't terrible at it. I think when he plays he goes for this kind of more pronounced behavior of questioning things that are either apparent or obvious in order to seem like he is trying to think things out. When we played at Cali I remember often he would ask odd questions that seemed like they were like he had dozed off in the middle of the game and was trying to replant himself. I don't think its very similar to here. Like I said I think peoples behavior in a faster paced games is going to be similar to a longer paced games but in more subtle ways.

For example (self meta here), in a faster paced games I act impulsively and with little forethought of what will occur because of my actions. I behave that way in longer faster paced games as well. Its just sometimes now I have a minute to think about the madness and what can potentially happen. Theres still impulsivity in my play its just now its not as obnoxious (although i think some would say it is).
Show
"You are the Joker of mafia players" - Oversoul
"last time I was scum with Firebringer
his first post in the scum PT was "yes I rolled scum!"
I decided to post "haha just don't post that in the main thread", but to get up to date on the main thread first.

His first post in the main thread was "yes I rolled scum!" -popsofctown
Pine
Pine
In Your Head
Pine
In Your Head
In Your Head

Post Post #471 (ISO) » Sat May 12, 2018 1:24 pm

Post by Pine »

As a personal favor, please cut me some slack on the D1 lynch. I've only been skimming, but the bulk of the case against me seems to be activity-based, supplemented by tonal changes and some inconsistency. Frankly, that's all Pinecone.

As I settle back into being a person, I guarantee I can recover and satisfy the concerns.
"Cry havoc, and let slip the wombat of war!"

Act 3, Scene 1 of
Julius Caesar
, by W. Shakespeare
MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #472 (ISO) » Sat May 12, 2018 2:27 pm

@Korts
- Can we get a Vote Count? Thanks.

MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #473 (ISO) » Sat May 12, 2018 2:33 pm

Also can everyone take in the majesty of the following claimed stances by Fire -

1. I'm scum for potentially delegating my read on a single player to Pine (and he keeps also forgetting I put Eddie and now Tammy in that pool as well).
2. He's happy to delegate his vote for today to another player (Eddie) even when that results in multiple cases of him voting claimed Townreads.

If you Town read that behavior then ... I mean ... WHUT?

Tammy
Tammy
Survivor
Tammy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #474 (ISO) » Sat May 12, 2018 3:05 pm

Post by Tammy »

I finished grading! Now I’m drinking and hanging out with my other half, so unless he falls asleep or decides mafia would be fun tonight, I’ll pick this up tomorrow.

But real quick -

Lycanfire - sometimes I do pretty decent about getting into the mind of my pred’s sometimes I suck. You can ask me a question thoigh, and I can maybe answer what he was doing? Can’t promise thoight!

Magna - I’m pretty sure it was miss list 2. I have a vague recollection of reading the begiinning of your third post and thinking/saying that it’s a game I would like to read later. I don’t really remember there being much more to the conversation than that though. (About you I mean, I think the conversation continued.)

Thank you both magna and fire for explaining each other, I’m sure I’ll comment when I’m read up/sober/actually engaging while not waiting for someone to get off the phone.

Fire - I’m sorry if I insulted your. I was responding to a post you made where you were talking abut up this type of thing feeling foreign and I think you could interact more and blend yr usual playstyle with this analysus thing, and make it the best of both worlds! And I am sorry I didn’t say hi specifically, but if I said hi to everyone individually it would have been like 10 people and that’s overkill! I didn’t give anyone 0s but I am done so yay!

Pine - I don’t have any issues with you activity-wise and I can’t imagine anyone else does either. I think ou should take care of yourself and your new family and come here when you are able. That’s far more important than a silly mafia game!

Okay maybe be here later!

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”