Fallout Mafia - Commonwealth Edition (Day 8)

OnTheMark
OnTheMark
Mafia Scum
OnTheMark
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3975 (ISO) » Tue May 29, 2018 5:42 am

Post by OnTheMark »

In post 3973, Kaede Akamatsu wrote:What is SOP?
It’s military shorthand for Standard Operating Procedure.
Alchemist21
Alchemist21
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Alchemist21
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #3976 (ISO) » Tue May 29, 2018 5:51 am

Post by Alchemist21 »

In post 3948, Impossibear wrote:
Alchemist
I'm here now sorta.

ETL
There’s no subtle way to ask this, so I’m just gonna ask. What do you think that Party Starter I sent implies for OTM’s alignment?
OnTheMark
OnTheMark
Mafia Scum
OnTheMark
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3977 (ISO) » Tue May 29, 2018 5:52 am

Post by OnTheMark »

In post 3976, Alchemist21 wrote:
Alchemist
I'm here now sorta.

ETL
There’s no subtle way to ask this, so I’m just gonna ask. What do you think that Party Starter I sent implies for OTM’s alignment?
What PartyStarter?

I didn’t get one?
Impossibear
Impossibear
Mafia Scum
Impossibear
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3978 (ISO) » Tue May 29, 2018 5:54 am

Post by Impossibear »

In post 3972, OnTheMark wrote:This feels very very wrong.

If there has to be nuance with Dave there has to be nuance with Jungle.
If there isn’t nuance with Dave then there isn’t nuance with Jungle.
Please stop being dumb.

Not sure how many times I've said the same thing - I townread Dave, I townread Jungle, I didn't and don't want to lynch either.

Where is the disconnect?
Jangle and ESL!

The ETL half of this hydra is V/LA on weekends.
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He

Post Post #3979 (ISO) » Tue May 29, 2018 5:54 am

Post by davesaz »

In post 3967, Impossibear wrote: 5) Dave's reaction to OTM wanting to lynch him all D2.
It's called town thinking that this game is lost if someone doesn't pull their head out of their ass.
Wanna play Minecraft with your ms friends? Check out the minecraft thread, or the channel on discord
Impossibear
Impossibear
Mafia Scum
Impossibear
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3980 (ISO) » Tue May 29, 2018 5:54 am

Post by Impossibear »

In post 3973, Kaede Akamatsu wrote:What is SOP?
SOP = Standard Operating Procedure. Like, a "rule of thumb".
Jangle and ESL!

Impossibear
Impossibear
Mafia Scum
Impossibear
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3981 (ISO) » Tue May 29, 2018 5:55 am

Post by Impossibear »

In post 3976, Alchemist21 wrote:
Alchemist
I'm here now sorta.

ETL
ohhhhh... that's a good question. I didn't even make that connection. I will discuss with Jingle - he's much better at thinking along those lines.
Jangle and ESL!

Impossibear
Impossibear
Mafia Scum
Impossibear
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3982 (ISO) » Tue May 29, 2018 5:58 am

Post by Impossibear »

In post 3979, davesaz wrote:
In post 3967, Impossibear wrote: 5) Dave's reaction to OTM wanting to lynch him all D2.
It's called town thinking that this game is lost if someone doesn't pull their head out of their ass.
Yeah, so my problem here is basically that because I only know you outside of mafia, I only know your "other" internet personality, and this doesn't match it.

I'm inclined to think that people are more likely to match their true personalities when they are town, and more likely to exhibit bravado as scum.
Jangle and ESL!

Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3983 (ISO) » Tue May 29, 2018 6:00 am

Post by Ankamius »

In post 3967, Impossibear wrote:Why don't you help me out though - can you give me your thoughts on these? More than one sentence would be preferable so I can get a good idea of where your head is

1) Where do you stand on Maria's claims, the track choice, etc.?

2) Same q. re: Jungle, and his "blunder".

3) OTM supposedly blocking the same person twice, tunnelling on Dave, etc.?

4) Wilky.

5) Dave's reaction to OTM wanting to lynch him all D2.

ETL

p-edit:
@Ank
1. It depends on what the motivation overall was. I think the check itself was sketchy, but... I don't necessarily think it's scummy since RC probably had a big hand in deciding the target.

2. eh... It's believable that he's out of it, but I don't really want to judge his response entirely until he pops in and says more. I don't think what I've seen already is enough to decide whether it's derptown or a scum play.

3. 100% normal. It's either town-indicative or NAI, probably the latter.

4. I think the block claim is probably town, actually. He went about it weirdly for a scum gambit.

5. He's in my PoE list mainly because I don't have an opinion on him either way. He's not a player I can read, generally.
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3984 (ISO) » Tue May 29, 2018 6:05 am

Post by davesaz »

Have you noticed my Minecraft tendency to avoid dying at all costs? I'm the guy who doesn't go to the nether before I have flight of some kind if it can be helped.
Extend that to mafia. I may pay lip service to being lynched for the common good (and did in this case btw), but rolling over is not in my nature.
Wanna play Minecraft with your ms friends? Check out the minecraft thread, or the channel on discord
OnTheMark
OnTheMark
Mafia Scum
OnTheMark
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3985 (ISO) » Tue May 29, 2018 6:09 am

Post by OnTheMark »

In post 3978, Impossibear wrote:
In post 3972, OnTheMark wrote:This feels very very wrong.

If there has to be nuance with Dave there has to be nuance with Jungle.
If there isn’t nuance with Dave then there isn’t nuance with Jungle.
Please stop being dumb.

Not sure how many times I've said the same thing - I townread Dave, I townread Jungle, I didn't and don't want to lynch either.

Where is the disconnect?
The difference is every question asked to you had Jungle as a possible scumspect and that you’re going through with this one despite not wanting to and didn’t go through with the Dave one despite not wanting to. Again what is the difference?

It looks like you’re going out of your way to avoid calling Jungle scum while pointing out scummy things.

Who shoots you? Jungle or RCdra.
RCdra is dead and confirmed town.

You’re going out of your way here to say you don’t want it yet your ISO points to that you should.
OnTheMark
OnTheMark
Mafia Scum
OnTheMark
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3986 (ISO) » Tue May 29, 2018 6:10 am

Post by OnTheMark »

In post 2223, Impossibear wrote:FTR, playerlist based only:

Likely to shoot our slot:

Jungle>RCdra>random player caught confirmable crumbs.

It's not a hard guilty on Dave or RC, but it is definitely good evidence. We need to reread Dave to make sure you're not wrong there ETL.

Regardless, RC isn't the right play specifically today, because if Jungle is scum RC becomes conftown in my book and we learn that tomorrow based on the quest existing/not existing.

PEdit: Are you saying the mod didn't tell you about previous actions? If so, did you ask if your slot had acted previously?
OnTheMark
OnTheMark
Mafia Scum
OnTheMark
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3987 (ISO) » Tue May 29, 2018 6:12 am

Post by OnTheMark »

If you were following a logical progression
Dave town
Then that means scum shot you from your point of view.

This means when RCdra flipped town you shoulda been all over Jungle like a butter on toast.

Yet you’re insisting you townread the slot.

THAT doesn’t make sense to me.
OnTheMark
OnTheMark
Mafia Scum
OnTheMark
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3988 (ISO) » Tue May 29, 2018 6:14 am

Post by OnTheMark »

Furthermore you specifically tied Jungle’s alignment to the quest.

Yet you’re talking about Jungle town because of the quest failing.

You’re not being consistent.
Impossibear
Impossibear
Mafia Scum
Impossibear
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3989 (ISO) » Tue May 29, 2018 6:17 am

Post by Impossibear »

In post 3985, OnTheMark wrote:The difference is every question asked to you had Jungle as a possible scumspect and that you’re going through with this one despite not wanting to and didn’t go through with the Dave one despite not wanting to. Again what is the difference?
???? If we're voting Jungle, it's because Jingle did it. You do realize Impossibear is a hydra with two people, and the ETL half has repeatedly clarified to you the same things over and over and yet you still don't seem to understand that ETL and Jingle are two different people?
It looks like you’re going out of your way to avoid calling Jungle scum while pointing out scummy things.

Who shoots you? Jungle or RCdra.
RCdra is dead and confirmed town.
?? I don't think either?? Prior to RC-flip I'd have bet on RC shooting us if they were scum. Jingle is the one who thought Jungle was a second possibility. He's the one who wants to lynch him. As I said in my earlier post today, the one I even requoted for you, that you apparently are having a very hard time understanding or even reading.
You’re going out of your way here to say you don’t want it yet your ISO points to that you should.
??? "going out of your way"? You've repeatedly asked me the same dumbass question that I've repeatedly answered the same way and suddenly I'm "going out of my way" to state something you keep asking me?

You are really frustrating to speak with, if only because it seems like you have trouble understanding basic concepts of language, and I really don't have the patience to continue. I've answered the same questions multiple times. If you still don't get it, that is entirely your problem.
Jangle and ESL!

Impossibear
Impossibear
Mafia Scum
Impossibear
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3990 (ISO) » Tue May 29, 2018 6:18 am

Post by Impossibear »

In post 3986, OnTheMark wrote:
In post 2223, Impossibear wrote:FTR, playerlist based only:

Likely to shoot our slot:

Jungle>RCdra>random player caught confirmable crumbs.

It's not a hard guilty on Dave or RC, but it is definitely good evidence. We need to reread Dave to make sure you're not wrong there ETL.

Regardless, RC isn't the right play specifically today, because if Jungle is scum RC becomes conftown in my book and we learn that tomorrow based on the quest existing/not existing.

PEdit: Are you saying the mod didn't tell you about previous actions? If so, did you ask if your slot had acted previously?
THIS IS A JINGLE POST.
Jangle and ESL!

davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3991 (ISO) » Tue May 29, 2018 6:21 am

Post by davesaz »

Oh good, Ank answered so I can weigh in without tainting the results.

1. Regarding the track target, I gave my opinion on the relative value of sorting the neighbor vs. sorting someone else. You hood someone you think is town and try to catch scum outside the hood. If you get a "went nowhere" on someone who did visit then you get an unexpected bonus guilty but it should not be the first goal. Does RC/Anony see it the same way? I don't know...

2. The role feels like a possible scum dreaming god. I initially thought it was town but not so much. If I read Jungle's ISO it's mostly meaningless drivel. For me a lynch there would not be policy.

3. OTM is most likely town and his tunnel is OTM-indicative but otherwise NAI.

4. The only reason scum miller claims is if they expect a town rolecop. The slow cop claim could be fake to avoid getting policy lynched but if it were a fake claim then why not just go ahead and claim an inno?
Impossibear
Impossibear
Mafia Scum
Impossibear
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3992 (ISO) » Tue May 29, 2018 6:21 am

Post by Impossibear »

In post 3988, OnTheMark wrote:Yet you’re talking about Jungle town because of the quest failing.
No....? Where did I say he's town because the quest failed? Please quote that.

I said I felt he was town by play.
In post 3958, Impossibear wrote:
In post 3957, Ankamius wrote:Does the scumteam decide to just go on a WIFOM chase after losing someone Day 1 though?
The answer would depend on the team I guess. SOP would dictate we lynch the crap out of Jungle, which I think Jingle wants to do.

I don't particularly want to as I think it's a town role, with town flavor, from a player who's been playing pretty town-ly, in my opinion. My only problem is that I've been wrong this entire game so *shrug* I have no faith in my own reads anymore.

ETL
Like.. jesus christ..

FUCKING READ MAYBE???

Stop bothering me with idiotic questions that have already been answered. In the same damn post no less, the same post you continually ignore.
Jangle and ESL!

Impossibear
Impossibear
Mafia Scum
Impossibear
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3993 (ISO) » Tue May 29, 2018 6:23 am

Post by Impossibear »

I fell like we should shoot OTM just because. :lol:
Jangle and ESL!

Impossibear
Impossibear
Mafia Scum
Impossibear
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3994 (ISO) » Tue May 29, 2018 6:28 am

Post by Impossibear »

In post 3984, davesaz wrote:Have you noticed my Minecraft tendency to avoid dying at all costs? I'm the guy who doesn't go to the nether before I have flight of some kind if it can be helped.
I can't say that I've noticed this one way or the other tbh... so I don't know. But that's only how you would react in a self-preservationist position. If you are vanilla as you said, this inclination
should
be lessened.
Extend that to mafia. I may pay lip service to being lynched for the common good (and did in this case btw), but rolling over is not in my nature.
Ok but if you're town, wouldn't getting your flip be beneficial for everyone? I'm just trying to understand the thought process - why you view it as "rolling over" as opposed to "taking one for the team".
Jangle and ESL!

Impossibear
Impossibear
Mafia Scum
Impossibear
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3995 (ISO) » Tue May 29, 2018 6:35 am

Post by Impossibear »

In post 3983, Ankamius wrote:
In post 3967, Impossibear wrote:Why don't you help me out though - can you give me your thoughts on these? More than one sentence would be preferable so I can get a good idea of where your head is

1) Where do you stand on Maria's claims, the track choice, etc.?

2) Same q. re: Jungle, and his "blunder".

3) OTM supposedly blocking the same person twice, tunnelling on Dave, etc.?

4) Wilky.

5) Dave's reaction to OTM wanting to lynch him all D2.

ETL

p-edit:
@Ank
1. It depends on what the motivation overall was. I think the check itself was sketchy, but... I don't necessarily think it's scummy since RC probably had a big hand in deciding the target.
Oh yeah good point. RC was hard-townreading Maria though. Do you think that read allowed Maria to influence RC in any way? (Personally I don't think anyone could influence RC, even a townread, but.. still)
2. eh... It's believable that he's out of it, but I don't really want to judge his response entirely until he pops in and says more. I don't think what I've seen already is enough to decide whether it's derptown or a scum play.

3. 100% normal. It's either town-indicative or NAI, probably the latter.
What's your experience with OTM? Are you saying "100% normal" for majority town players or for OTM specifically?
4. I think the block claim is probably town, actually. He went about it weirdly for a scum gambit.
I think I agree with you here.
5. He's in my PoE list mainly because I don't have an opinion on him either way. He's not a player I can read, generally.
Thanks Ank - appreciate it.

What does your current PoE list look like right now?

ETL
Jangle and ESL!

MariaR
MariaR
Alternatively,
MariaR
Alternatively,
Alternatively,

Post Post #3996 (ISO) » Tue May 29, 2018 6:38 am

Post by MariaR »

I'm not in a hood with Dunn
will catch up later this game annoys me slightly idk why
I bet Maria is scum this game
~Firebringer
Na Maria isn't towny enough to be scum this game~
Charloux

MariaR goes for the uwu owo tsundere-dere look but you never know if she has a knife behind her back.~
Bitmap
Impossibear
Impossibear
Mafia Scum
Impossibear
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3997 (ISO) » Tue May 29, 2018 6:39 am

Post by Impossibear »

In post 3991, davesaz wrote:4. The only reason scum miller claims is if they expect a town rolecop. The slow cop claim could be fake to avoid getting policy lynched but if it were a fake claim then why not just go ahead and claim an inno?
So are you saying you think wilky is town, then?

ETL

p-edit: ????????? Maria isn't in a hood with dunn. Then who???
Jangle and ESL!

Impossibear
Impossibear
Mafia Scum
Impossibear
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3998 (ISO) » Tue May 29, 2018 6:42 am

Post by Impossibear »

Ok I think Maria being sketch about the details here when there is so obviously a huge town benefit

is scummy AF

She's posted several times... several opportunities to clarify details, provide town information, etc. She's done none of that at all.
Jangle and ESL!

Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #3999 (ISO) » Tue May 29, 2018 6:43 am

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 3982, Impossibear wrote:I'm inclined to think that people are more likely to match their true personalities when they are town, and more likely to exhibit bravado as scum.
Ha

Also stop fishing Maria, she'll reveal information later

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”